AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-19, 20:56   Link #761
Kirarakim

And finally the DVD for this has been solicited for 9/25 (no BR and sub only)

Spoiler for DVD cover:

I am seeing mention on Anime on DVD that a CD will be included but I can't find anything official about that yet. Hoping all the extras will be included.
Old 2012-06-19, 21:25   Link #762
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yay..... (puts it on my calendar)
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 21:32   Link #763
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I am seeing mention on Anime on DVD that a CD will be included but I can't find anything official about that yet. Hoping all the extras will be included.
Sentai representative Janice Williams posted on The Fandom Post the following:
Quote:
The release will include Episode 4.5, as well as a bunch of other extras and a CD of BGM music.
[source]

Of course, her post is not a full formal announcement. But I think we can trust it unless the situation changes unexpectedly.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list

Last edited by LKK; 2012-06-19 at 21:33. Reason: formatting
LKK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 21:45   Link #764
Kirarakim

Thanks that sounds official enough to me.

It sounds like a really nice release for the price. This was a definite buy for me but the OST is an extra nice incentive, it was one of my favorite soundtracks of 2011 (hoping its the official OST with the vocal tracks too).

Also glad they confirmed 4.5 will be included.
Old 2012-06-19, 21:54   Link #765
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Where's Camille?
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 22:06   Link #766
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Where's Camille?
Perhaps on the back cover!

The image taken is from Vol. 7 of the Japanese releases. There were a few other choices that had Camille, but I think this one might encompass best what the series is about.

Here are the rest of the covers

Would have loved if they could have used this image
Old 2012-06-19, 22:57   Link #767
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

No BR for us, huh. Oh, noooes, reverse importation! At $30, how can you go wrong! I notice that the Neandroid set of figurines costs more at RightStuf than the anime itself!

i've already got my order in for NISA's Usagi Drop release; I'm adding this one now. The pre-order deals at TRSi for Sentai's releases have been pretty terrific. I bought Kurenai on pre-order for $30 as well.
Old 2012-06-19, 23:58   Link #768
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Perhaps on the back cover!

The image taken is from Vol. 7 of the Japanese releases. There were a few other choices that had Camille, but I think this one might encompass best what the series is about.

Here are the rest of the covers

Would have loved if they could have used this image
Vol. 2 cover is my choice.
Old 2012-06-20, 08:01   Link #769
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Vol. 2 cover is my choice.
I actually really like that one too since the relationship of Claude & Yune was one of my favorite part of the series.

Well who knows there might be more art work on the final set.
Old 2012-06-20, 13:26   Link #770
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
i've already got my order in for NISA's Usagi Drop release; I'm adding this one now. The pre-order deals at TRSi for Sentai's releases have been pretty terrific. I bought Kurenai on pre-order for $30 as well.
Just to double check, Croisee's current, $30 price tag on TRSI is because it's a Sentai pre-order and once the show is released the price will go up to something closer to the MSRP? If that's the case I might have to order this sooner rather than later....
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 13:01   Link #771
Julio C

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I guess I won't be buying this at all. Why would I buy something that is inferior to the TV rips picture quality wise? This is why I don't buy Anime DVDs anymore of new anime when the broadcast version are just much better quality.
Old 2012-06-22, 14:07   Link #772
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I guess I won't be buying this at all. Why would I buy something that is inferior to the TV rips picture quality wise? This is why I don't buy Anime DVDs anymore of new anime when the broadcast version are just much better quality.
The problem with that hypothesis is that it assumes there's been no cleanup, additions, or changes made to the series since the tv broadcast. I don't have a list on the specifics of this series - but many series have significant differences between what was aired and what is sold in the physical product.

Personally, I think a more solid argument lies in the ancient and clunky technology used for subtitles in DVDs (or Blu-ray). Modern fansub subtitling technology just blows holes through it.
Old 2012-06-22, 15:14   Link #773
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Did you enjoy the show? Did you pay anything to see it? Perhaps you might want to buy the DVDs just because you think you ought to contribute something to its creators and maybe encourage them to produce more shows like this in the future?

Geesh. I don't believe I'm having to point out the obvious.

At $30, we're not talking an entire month's salary here either.

Oh, and if you don't like the subtitle formats, then rip the DVDs with something like Handbrake and reformat them the way you prefer. If the subs look iike the ones on the streaming site, i don't think they're bad at all. Yellow subs don't really bother me, and they are often easier to read from across the room anyway.
Old 2012-06-22, 15:56   Link #774
Julio C

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I did like the show of course, but just like many other ones I simply refused to buy a DVD only set. Why would I rip the dvd in the first place? The whole point of it is to watch it on your main TV and not on the computer screen.
Old 2012-06-22, 16:06   Link #775
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
I did like the show of course, but just like many other ones I simply refused to buy a DVD only set. Why would I rip the dvd in the first place? The whole point of it is to watch it on your main TV and not on the computer screen.
But... I do watch rips on my main tv and fansubs for that matter (cables and wireless ftw?). .... and ripping the DVD is an option for saving wear and tear on the product. I mean, I understand that blu-ray delivers what a DVD can't in terms of video information -- but there aren't that many anime series where it seriously matters (e.g. blu-ray is just upscaled).

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-06-22 at 16:22.
Old 2012-06-24, 21:38   Link #776
LKK

Sentai representative Janice Williams posted elsewhere some additional information about the extras on the upcoming DVD / CD release.

Quote:
Just so no one begins to get the wrong impression, this is NOT the CD soundtrack. These are tracks that were released on CD with the Japanese DVD / BD releases. They will be compiled to one disc for the US release. I don't recall how many tracks there are total, sorry.

The "radio dramas" that were also on these CD's will be moved to the DVD to allow for subtitling.
[Source]

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 22:01   Link #777
Kirarakim

Even though I have the OST downloaded I would have liked that to be included, but oh well.

Still translated radio dramas sound really cool though.
Old 2012-06-30, 12:58   Link #778
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I'm actually not particularly fond of any of those covers... But the one they chose for the box set is somewhat fitting, imo. I just wish the background had featured art of the entire cast of major/"major minor" characters instead of only a couple of the main ones and a bunch of random tossaways.
Old 2012-08-09, 10:30   Link #779
Kirarakim

Update on the cover art (with back cover and disc art included)

Guardian Enzo the image you liked is at least being used on one of the discs.

Anyways I think Sentai did a really good job with this release and I hope people will still support this series even if it is not Blu-ray.

After all this is not going to be a big hit so every little bit helps and for the price and extras (not to mention it's a terrific show) I think it is worth it.
Old 2012-08-09, 11:49   Link #780
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm very happy with those image choices. Yune with Claude, with Oscar, even with Gavroche. And it's not "Alicealicealicealicealice!" which gives you completely the wrong idea of what the show is about.

Tags
historical, romance, shounen, slice of life