AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-02-13, 18:14   Link #81
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Wow, some people are yet again sleeping with their underwear a little too tight, around here, eh? Loosen up, guys. Not really worth it to debate whether someone is a troll or not, when it's obviously a matter of perception.
It's not me making comments in the vein of "How dare you criticise the perfect Kawamori-san!".
__________________
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 19:07   Link #82
BetoJR
... suki ...
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 36
And who ever said I was referring to ya?
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 19:10   Link #83
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 38
Right, because you were talking about another discussion I was not involved in.
__________________
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 19:19   Link #84
BetoJR
... suki ...
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 36
Or maybe I was talking about some other person (or persons) also involved in the very same discussion, because these kinds of things tend to ruffle a few feathers. But, then again, going by the tone conveyed by your response, I definitely should include you in the tight-underwear group, as well. Cheers.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 19:27   Link #85
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
All this needs is slugging and hair-pulling, and it's high school all over again!

You all need to lighten up and look at some greenery.

~love,
MIA cheesie
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 20:05   Link #86
BetoJR
... suki ...
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 36
I can remember a time when the mere suggestion of looking at some greenery would send a good few people into overly exaggerated fits.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 21:47   Link #87
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I can remember a time when the mere suggestion of looking at some greenery would send a good few people into overly exaggerated fits.
Did you say greenery!?

HOW DARE YOU, HERETIC!!

SUFFER NOT THE GREENERY TO LIVE!

*cocks bolter*

SHOW ME WHAT PASSES FOR FURY AMONGST YOUR MISBEGOTTEN KIND!!

- Tak (deep breath, deeeeeeep breath...)
__________________
Come join the fun, you know you want to!

World of Tanks/Planes: Tankers, Pilots, Sailors! JOIN US!!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 23:28   Link #88
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tokyo
Cripes...

Too much to respond to here individually. I'd just like to point out that when the Ohnogi stuff was prevalent here, NO ONE was claiming that Kawamori should take credit for "Ohnogi's" successes, even though he was the chief director and everything "Ohnogi" did had to go through him.

On the contrary, people were PRAISING "Ohnogi" for somehow getting stuff past Kawamori.

So let's tally it up: Good script? Kawamori gets no credit. Bad script? Kawamori gets the blame.

Great.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 23:39   Link #89
justavisitor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
I looked at the forum and noticed that this thread is always on top...I was thinking "is this game really that good?" and decided to come in and took a look...then I realize that something never changes XD


Well, I only know Kawamori and I think he is the one who has the final say?? But I really enjoyed MF anyway, so good job Kawamori!! (I mean it)

And the infamous "Ohnogi" incident got mentioned again....I better leave before the this thread explodes XD
__________________
Come and join Ranka Lee Fanclub !!! Join our club and you will see
1)Ranka pics 2)Ranka/Alto pic 3)Relatively Sane discussion about Ranka 4)amv for Ranka
To all old and new Sheryl fans:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 01:07   Link #90
CrowKenobi
Moderator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: there... just there.
<looks at thread title>
<looks at last few posts>
<wonders when the off-topic is going to end before posts go bye-bye>
__________________



CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 03:35   Link #91
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Or maybe I was talking about some other person (or persons) also involved in the very same discussion, because these kinds of things tend to ruffle a few feathers. But, then again, going by the tone conveyed by your response, I definitely should include you in the tight-underwear group, as well. Cheers.
Yeah, that happens when someone makes sweeping generalizations. C'mon, Beto. Your own "Was I talking about you?" answer sounded pretty prickly.

Now, let's move on.
__________________
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 05:54   Link #92
BetoJR
... suki ...
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 36
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Yeah, that happens when someone makes sweeping generalizations. C'mon, Beto. Your own "Was I talking about you?" answer sounded pretty prickly.

Now, let's move on.
I can see you did not notice the little smiley, then, raising his tiny eyebrow at you. Sarcasm, wit and playful jests are really difficult to convey through the internet, I guess.
This should indicate that the previous comment was made in good humor, but just so we're clear, I'll indicate it for you -->

Also, yeah, bringing the whole Ohnogi debacle back into the light of day (even though "light" around these parts is somewhat debatable, as we're having torments of almost biblical proportions everyday, just like we are now - and the sky is soot black as I type these few mismatched words) helps to make a very good point, Yot-chan. Very good, indeed.

And that finishes my participation in this thread, as I don't really have this game - nor do I plan to, since I wouldn't understand anything, anyway.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 06:25   Link #93
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I can see you did not notice the little smiley, then, raising his tiny eyebrow at you. Sarcasm, wit and playful jests are really difficult to convey through the internet, I guess.
This should indicate that the previous comment was made in good humor, but just so we're clear, I'll indicate it for you -->
Not every smiley indicates humoristic intent, that's the problem. The "" smiley looks rather irritated, to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Also, yeah, bringing the whole Ohnogi debacle back into the light of day (even though "light" around these parts is somewhat debatable, as we're having torments of almost biblical proportions everyday, just like we are now - and the sky is soot black as I type these few mismatched words) helps to make a very good point, Yot-chan. Very good, indeed.
Not seeing it, still. Back when we thought Ohnogi was responsible for writing the latter half of Frontiers episodes, we had fake write-ups of discussions in the production staff, which were pointing the finger pretty directly at Kawamori for being at fault. Yot can blame Shaloom for that, not us.

Now that we know better, Kawamori still is the guy who makes the ultimate decisions. Saying "but Yoshino wrote it!" does not exonerate Kawamori from approving it. It's the same as when some major disaster occurs in the U.S.... in the end it is the presidents duty to assume responsibility for the clean-up. "The buck stops here" is a quote from Harry Truman, after all.
__________________

Last edited by magnuskn; 2011-02-14 at 08:03. Reason: Grammar
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 08:22   Link #94
BetoJR
... suki ...
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
The "" smiley looks rather irritated, to be sure.
It does? Chalk that up to cultural differences, then. I never saw it that way - or maybe that's because I have a habit of arching a brow to indicate a jibe. Noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Not seeing it, still. Back when we thought Ohnogi was responsible for writing the latter half of Frontiers episodes, we had fake write-ups of discussions in the production staff, which were pointing the finger pretty directly at Kawamori for being at fault. Yot can blame Shaloom for that, not us.

Now that we know better, Kawamori still is the guy who makes the ultimate decisions. Saying "but Yoshino wrote it!" does not exonerate Kawamori from approving it.
But, like Yot-chan said, when those fake summaries were making the rounds, every good decision was not Kawamori's: it was Ohnogi's. The former was simply acceding to it, not really responsible for the outcome. That smacks as a bit of a double standard, to me, as well.

And I fear we're way too off-topic for safety.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 08:36   Link #95
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
It does? Chalk that up to cultural differences, then. I never saw it that way - or maybe that's because I have a habit of arching a brow to indicate a jibe. Noted.
Look at his frowny mouth. ->



Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
But, like Yot-chan said, when those fake summaries were making the rounds, every good decision was not Kawamori's: it was Ohnogi's. The former was simply acceding to it, not really responsible for the outcome. That smacks as a bit of a double standard, to me, as well.

And I fear we're way too off-topic for safety.
And, again: We were going off information about which we thought it was accurate at that time. The "Kawamori is a troll" thing started way before we had access to Shalooms "liner notes". And with good reason.

But, yeah, let's take any further responses to the Macross Frontier (Macross 25) generic discussion thread.
__________________
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 12:29   Link #96
moncikoma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
@Der Langrisser

Have u finished the game? What's the ending?

It has the same ending like the tv series or there will be a continuation based on the 1st movie...?
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 13:38   Link #97
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rouen, France
Age: 30
I still haven't finished the game yet, I'll begin Macross Plus this evening.
For Campaign Mode, the ending is exactly the same as the previous game (a few pics with text), and for Academy Mode it depends on which character like you the most, but it's essentially the Frontier Fleet safely landing in the Vajra world, so yeah it follows the TV series.
Maybe they'll do something if they make another game (I hope they include the VF14 this time).

I played a password mission called "KAKIZAKI", where you have to fight good ol'Kakizaki and watch him fail horribly, I feel sorry for the poor guy. Ironically, the mission is classified as a maximum difficulty mission, but it's one of the easiest mission in the game.
__________________
Der Langrisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 02:16   Link #98
moncikoma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
I see, I thought it based on 1st movie...

If they will make a new game, maybe that frontier trial that comes with hybrid bluray for ps3
Too bad it is just a demo trial (maybe it will be sold seperately as a full game)
Together with the sayonara no tsubasa bluray release date maybe around november-december 2011
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 06:59   Link #99
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rouen, France
Age: 30
After finishing the Frontier campaign, I unlocked Bobby as a pilot in full GARby mode, and Nanase as a support character with her own unique command skill.
__________________
Der Langrisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 07:42   Link #100
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Langrisser View Post
After finishing the Frontier campaign, I unlocked Bobby as a pilot in full GARby mode, and Nanase as a support character with her own unique command skill.
Surely appropiately named "Boi-oi-oi-oing!"
__________________
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.