AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-02-23, 22:11   Link #301
ZeKeR
Superbad
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Armacham Replica Training center
Send a message via Skype™ to ZeKeR
well... its like fighting a person who has a built-in lie detector, but how can you steal an iris? unless you gouge out the eyes in question or kill the iris person, then there....

seriously... they'll believe it... because they dont even question the method to steal the iris
__________________
lets roll
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 22:39   Link #302
Nemuru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Or that it's impossible to remove someone's Iris, and all Kuga did was give them a psychological shock that temporarily disabled their powers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
well... its like fighting a person who has a built-in lie detector, but how can you steal an iris? unless you gouge out the eyes in question or kill the iris person, then there....

seriously... they'll believe it... because they dont even question the method to steal the iris
This is rather bothersome since the fundamental of iris ability is not explained so everything is speculation. However I believe in the Heirachy of power or shall we say that everything has an enemy. It would neither side track the story or feel arbitary if the author decides to include one with the power to overwrite or erase a given power.

Although Shadow5YA post was rather intriguing. I wonder why I'm being quoted?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny
I don't think Kuga is the Iris
Speculation wise, the existent of a third party could be plausible but that would mean that they would need to be in close proximity to Kuga since the author intent is trying to establish a connection between the iris eater and her. Even if she wasn't the person responsible it would need to be someone that always around her or knows her desire.

Or we can have the temporary disability which could work in some way but I would say that isn't farfetched from calling her the iris eater if she possesses the power to disable. Since removing or temporary disabling is somewhat a null ability.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 23:08   Link #303
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Tokita has his hand in it somehow. It's too early to tell what his whole involvement is though...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 23:11   Link #304
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
how come that Houjou don't tell anyone about Kuga's identity as Iris Eraser.....
and who spread the rumours about an Iris Zero is Iris Hunter.....
something strange here.... and that's make me dying to wait next chapter

someone save Kuga..... don't let my favourite character become a villain
Because then Houjou will be known as the other Iris Zero. Falling from somewhere around "regular guy" or even "popular kid" all the way down to "trash" is not good.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 23:12   Link #305
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Although it's not explicitly stated, no Iris has the power to directly affect others so far. So far, everyone's Irises allow them to see something others cannot. It is nothing more than an additional form of perception, which then can be used to dictate their actions.

An "Iris" the removes other Irises contradicts the base concept if this series because such a power does not allow the person to see anything differently. This is the same reason why there isn't an Iris with laser vision.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 11:35   Link #306
Sinta
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Although it's not explicitly stated, no Iris has the power to directly affect others so far. So far, everyone's Irises allow them to see something others cannot. It is nothing more than an additional form of perception, which then can be used to dictate their actions.

An "Iris" the removes other Irises contradicts the base concept if this series because such a power does not allow the person to see anything differently. This is the same reason why there isn't an Iris with laser vision.
Its still early in the series, how do you know that there isn't Iris with laser vision? I'm not sure you can make assumptions on the types of things that irises can and cannot do at this point. Especially with the concept of the Iris hunter, who's to say that the Iris abilities won't get crazy.
__________________
Free Ebook - Harmonics: Rise of the Magician http://amzn.to/qCBysY
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 13:23   Link #307
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
Its still early in the series, how do you know that there isn't Iris with laser vision? I'm not sure you can make assumptions on the types of things that irises can and cannot do at this point. Especially with the concept of the Iris hunter, who's to say that the Iris abilities won't get crazy.
It's still early in the series, so how do you know that there is an Iris with laser vision?

I can make assumptions on what Irises can do, because there is precedence for my assumptions. All of the Irises revealed so far give the person the ability to see something. This is fact.

What is not guaranteed is an Iris with laser vision or there being a geniune Iris Hunter. The ability to fire lasers or the ability to remove Irises are not abilities that affect the owner's sight. Because there is no precedence, the existence of an Iris erasing power is not confirmed, nor is it absolute. As of chapter 13, it is just a rumor, which may or may not be true based on associations that do not imply causation.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 16:25   Link #308
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Although it's not explicitly stated, no Iris has the power to directly affect others so far. So far, everyone's Irises allow them to see something others cannot. It is nothing more than an additional form of perception, which then can be used to dictate their actions.

An "Iris" the removes other Irises contradicts the base concept if this series because such a power does not allow the person to see anything differently. This is the same reason why there isn't an Iris with laser vision.
I would bet that it's not an Iris power, but something else entirely, like psychological manipulation. Having Irises do what would essentially lead to a battle manga (oh look, Geasses, derp) is too much. I'm sure the authors would come up with something more reasonable.

Perhaps she analyzes her target's Iris and accordingly prepares the worst thing the person can possibly see as a physical threat. That way, it's not like Houjou can't see, it's that he won't dare to see.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 16:41   Link #309
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
We already know what Kuga's iris is, so I don't see her having any other power. It's all just rumor anyways that someone lost their iris. Toura hasn't had a chance to go into Sherlock Holmes mode yet in order to debunk the rumor...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 16:44   Link #310
Nemuru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
I would bet that it's not an Iris power, but something else entirely, like psychological manipulation. Having Irises do what would essentially lead to a battle manga (oh look, Geasses, derp) is too much. I'm sure the authors would come up with something more reasonable.

Perhaps she analyzes her target's Iris and accordingly prepares the worst thing the person can possibly see as a physical threat. That way, it's not like Houjou can't see, it's that he won't dare to see.
I was running along with this theory, this is why I mention this discussion is bothersome since it's early speculation and it can spread into different routes. Everyone can be correct and everyone can be wrong at this point. With that you can also add evolution, you know how authors likes to evolve thing into greater power ^^, I'm going to wait it out and see. At least it’s better than Battler (umineko) trying to just deny everything and prove it scientifically lol.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 19:29   Link #311
Sinta
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It's still early in the series, so how do you know that there is an Iris with laser vision?

I can make assumptions on what Irises can do, because there is precedence for my assumptions. All of the Irises revealed so far give the person the ability to see something. This is fact.

What is not guaranteed is an Iris with laser vision or there being a geniune Iris Hunter. The ability to fire lasers or the ability to remove Irises are not abilities that affect the owner's sight. Because there is no precedence, the existence of an Iris erasing power is not confirmed, nor is it absolute. As of chapter 13, it is just a rumor, which may or may not be true based on associations that do not imply causation.
I don't. I was never making an argument that there was or wasn't. I'm pretty sure that was exactly my point.

I would agree in the fact that all Irises shown thus far has given them the ability to see something. However, irises type, ability, what strengthens or weakens them or other defining factors have not been outlined. For all we know this school could be for a specific type of Iris, like the qualifications you've outlined as bases of your argument, but how do we know there IS or IS NOT some other type of school for different types of irises. We don't have enough evidence to make a conclusion either way without creating some sort of fallacious argument.

Precedence only works if the parmeters are defined and they don't create logical fallacies in the process. Just because you're presented with evidence of how something possibly works doesn't mean that there isn't any possibility of it working out side that explanation. Precedence becomes a stronger argument over time that, however, is not on your side only 13 chapters into the story.

I think the mere concept of the Iris hunter works against the theory that irises only let you see a certain thing. Don't get me wrong, I think you are totally entitled to take evidence and draw conclusions from them. All I was saying is that evidence is lacking for you to draw that type of conclusion with any degree of certainty.
__________________
Free Ebook - Harmonics: Rise of the Magician http://amzn.to/qCBysY
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 23:53   Link #312
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
I was running along with this theory, this is why I mention this discussion is bothersome since it's early speculation and it can spread into different routes. Everyone can be correct and everyone can be wrong at this point. With that you can also add evolution, you know how authors likes to evolve thing into greater power ^^, I'm going to wait it out and see. At least it’s better than Battler (umineko) trying to just deny everything and prove it scientifically lol.
I really would rather Iris loss be a disease instead of having the concept of an Iris Hunter person who causes it. I have a very clear sight to how the story and world could develop from there (there would be a lot of melodrama, but it'd be interesting), but instead we have this one person who's causing it through means that I'm struggling to imagine. It's hard to make a "magical" affective power in this story appropriately dramatic while believable and not over-the-top (like turning this into a freaking battle manga, which would greatly sadden me).
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 00:47   Link #313
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
I would bet that it's not an Iris power, but something else entirely, like psychological manipulation. Having Irises do what would essentially lead to a battle manga (oh look, Geasses, derp) is too much. I'm sure the authors would come up with something more reasonable.

Perhaps she analyzes her target's Iris and accordingly prepares the worst thing the person can possibly see as a physical threat. That way, it's not like Houjou can't see, it's that he won't dare to see.
Good idea. But I think it's worse than that. Judging by the victim's reaction, I think she made him see something with his iris he didn't want to see. It's not bullied into not using his iris - he's so traumatized into it. Which has a kind of poetic justice, since she saw things she didn't want to, either.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 12:51   Link #314
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
I think it's pretty much confirmed that Kuga is indeed the Iris hunter in chapter 14. It's definitely psychological manipulation is that Kuga pushs them to the point of the people didn't want to use their Iris.
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 14:54   Link #315
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
This series turned dark fairly quickly. We have Hijiri who is now essentially wishing for Kuga's death, and Toru and Koyuki separated due to a misunderstanding on the level of Romeo and Juliet.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 15:04   Link #316
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 25
Wow, I had a completely different idea of what Kuga said when I read it in Japanese.

This evil girl is the real thing.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 15:15   Link #317
azurena
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
I knew she was a bitch. I hope she doesn't get saved by the protagonist, I mean I know she is going to be but still... even if that glasses guy was the one stringing things together shes taking things too far
azurena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 15:30   Link #318
Grey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
What a bitch. Her friends try and reveal that the guy she liked is a liar and a jackass...and she gets mad at them? And then tries to screw them over?

Give me a break.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 15:54   Link #319
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
That's why Tohru is back and with a vengeance. "I can see the ending. >: ) " to both Kuga and her friend.
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 16:57   Link #320
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
I don't know what's crazier: the fact that Kuga is responsible for everything, or that Hijiri knows that Toru will get angry at Kuga for messing with him and Koyuki, then lead Kuga to her death as vengence.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, romance, seinen, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.