AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-08-14, 14:08   Link #521
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Fun, light chapter after several intense ones. Really enjoying the series.
Old 2011-08-14, 14:16   Link #522
yongshun

The Omakes are funny as ever

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 16:57   Link #523
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by yongshun View Post
The Omakes are funny as ever
Indeed. I love it when mangakas use the omakes to make fun of themselves.

For chapter 21, It was likely Toru had a crush on Koyuki too but nice to see it definitely confirmed.
Old 2011-08-14, 17:27   Link #524
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I don't see why their parents would disapprove when people with Irises only became a majority with Toru's generation. The older generation is mostly without Irises.
Because they can already see that people without Iris will have it hard and want a better "up and comer" for their daughter?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 18:12   Link #525
Lexxus
No you don't

What a refreshing chapter.

my anime list kuroneko my manga list
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 23:19   Link #526
Saber024

oh my. Tachibana full of butterflies scared me shitless. this is a great series!
Old 2011-08-15, 02:35   Link #527
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

the omake is funny

the chapter is sweet....

but please don't make me wait this long for new chapter, ok?? xD

I must love that sleep-talking scene

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 18:22   Link #528
Somnus
Eh?

Yet another fantastic chapter. I can't get enough of this manga, and hopefully it does indeed get an anime one day.

Anyways, the funniest event from 21 has to be Yuki and Kuga's expression when they see the cause of the fire in the kitchen. It only made it better when they were trying to make sense of it afterwards (the wall of text in the background, VERY funny).

The rest of it was just the usual non-stop flood of cute and awesome known as Iris Zero.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 18:27   Link #529
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I'm glad I had patience and waited til the Kuga arc ended before going into it lol. It saved me from much wailing and gnashing of teeth indeed. Chapter 21 was a much-needed depressurizer. The manga is balancing heavy subject matter with a gentler, sweeter side (literally sweet in one of the side chapters XD), and it very much needed a break.

Albeit it completely surprised me by shipping Asahi x Tokito and Kuga x Hijiri instead of the other way around. Seen it coming, I did not!

Still can't get over the fact that the students in general are a bunch of horrible bastards though. Kuga herself is completely forgivable (d'aww), in fact the way it worked out it's Tokita's and Koyuki's goodwill gone wrong pushing her over the edge -- and she just happen to have very sharp claws for the lashing out against the world part. But the way everyone else bullies Toru and get away with no remorse is kind of pissing me off.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 18:30   Link #530
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I'm glad I had patience and waited til the Kuga arc ended before going into it lol. It saved me from much wailing and gnashing of teeth indeed. Chapter 21 was a much-needed depressurizer. The manga is balancing heavy subject matter with a gentler, sweeter side (literally sweet in one of the side chapters XD), and it very much needed a break.

Albeit it completely surprised me by shipping Asahi x Tokito and Kuga x Hijiri instead of the other way around. Seen it coming, I did not!

Still can't get over the fact that the students in general are a bunch of horrible bastards though. Kuga herself is completely forgivable (d'aww), in fact the way it worked out it's Tokita's and Koyuki's goodwill gone wrong pushing her over the edge -- and she just happen to have very sharp claws for the lashing out against the world part. But the way everyone else bullies Toru and get away with no remorse is kind of pissing me off.
It caught me of guard too! But to be honest, I really like it.
Old 2011-08-15, 18:36   Link #531
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
It caught me of guard too! But to be honest, I really like it.
I'm fine with it as well; all the main characters are nice (although early possibilities of Kuga becoming a rival to Koyuki might be missed by some quarters...like the posters in this thread who don't like Koyuki very much).

Although I am of the opinion that the ideal romantic polygon should really be KugaAsa and TokiHiji.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 21:20   Link #532
Saber024

Spoiler for question:
Old 2011-08-15, 21:30   Link #533
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber024 View Post
Spoiler for question:
Rather than a power like the Irises, "Iris Hunting" was accomplished by traumatizing people to the point where they were too afraid to use their irises.

The best example of Kuga using it would be with that boy she liked. Her iris lets her see others' emotions. By continually reading and manipulating the person's emotional state she was able to make them too scared to use their iris.

Does that answer the question well enough?
Old 2011-08-15, 21:50   Link #534
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post

Some people pointed out the significance in Kuga x Hijiri in that after cutting off her pigtails Kuga now looks like Tachibana, the girl who Hijiri swore but failed to protect. It's like he's getting a second chance at making his destiny. I want to see him prove his worth though, because so far he's at best a soundboard and advisor for Toru's strategy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber024 View Post
Spoiler for question:
It's not a weapon but more like a technique associated with having Irises that deal with people's emotions. Tokita figured it out and could do it too.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 22:10   Link #535
Saber024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Some people pointed out the significance in Kuga x Hijiri in that after cutting off her pigtails Kuga now looks like Tachibana, the girl who Hijiri swore but failed to protect. It's like he's getting a second chance at making his destiny.
i got this vibe too.

so basically, iris hunting is traumatizing people into not using their iris. thanks for explaining guys.
Old 2011-08-15, 22:15   Link #536
Shadow5YA

I thought Kuga cut off her hair so that it would look nothing like Koyuki's.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 22:21   Link #537
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Quote:
I thought Kuga cut off her hair so that it would look nothing like Koyuki's.
It's just a thing that girls do, at least in fiction, though it happens in real life too. Changing their image if they are dumped.
Old 2011-08-15, 22:54   Link #538
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
It's just a thing that girls do, at least in fiction, though it happens in real life too. Changing their image if they are dumped.
Yeah, that's what I thought. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Hijiri.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 23:21   Link #539
LostSome

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I thought. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Hijiri.
It definitely had nothing to do with Hijiri.
And I don`t think Kuga ever meet Hijiri`s old flame and neither she knows what happen back then.
She did it for herself.

Koyuki is rich... Can`t say I`m surprised. Toru can`t catch a break.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 08:04   Link #540
Grey

Loved pages 16 and 17. The guys make a cooking disaster and look totally calm and oblivious. And the girls are thinking "...what."

...what were they planning to do with those eggs? There were almost twenty in that bowl. And Tokita was cracking more.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, romance, seinen, shounen