AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-03-16, 04:46   Link #721
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

... This chapter finally added another dimension towards the relationship that were developing... More drama now. It would be a 360 turn if Kouyuki doesn't win damn I'm already expecting the worst. Am I the only one who thinks that what Yuki did was neccessary.
Old 2012-03-16, 05:36   Link #722
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Is a very interesting turn of events and the guessing game is on once again, is it a love compatibility or is it a "the right person for the job" kinda compatibility?

I'd like to think it's a love compatibility and I think it could very well be but could just be the author trolling us
I can't see it as a love compatibility, I mean she was looking for something in the scrub, then ask's him for a favour, then at the end asks if she can borrow him. Koyuki also asked him out only to mean she was asking for help when they first met too.

If it is a love compatibility, then I dont understand O_o
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 15:39   Link #723
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I can't see it as a love compatibility, I mean she was looking for something in the scrub, then ask's him for a favour, then at the end asks if she can borrow him. Koyuki also asked him out only to mean she was asking for help when they first met too.

If it is a love compatibility, then I dont understand O_o
Not hard to imagine % being used as love compatibility or any kind of compatibility for that matter.
If it was the case of 100% compatible in love, then she'd be daft to pass him up now wouldn't she

I do doubt it really being about love but way I see it it's 50/50, we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 2012-03-16, 21:09   Link #724
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Not hard to imagine % being used as love compatibility or any kind of compatibility for that matter.
If it was the case of 100% compatible in love, then she'd be daft to pass him up now wouldn't she

I do doubt it really being about love but way I see it it's 50/50, we'll just have to wait and see.
I doubt it's love, because she was at the verge of tears looking in a bush before finding that a frustrated human passerby is exactly her pick.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 21:22   Link #725
Franckie

I'd imagine the % has to do something with "love". How else do you explain the girl's mouth-opening look after looking at Toru, her getting all snuggly with him afterwards, and then asking Toru to go out with her without knowing a single thing about him beforehand?
Franckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 21:34   Link #726
Luminisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
I'd imagine the % has to do something with "love". How else do you explain the girl's mouth-opening look after looking at Toru, her getting all snuggly with him afterwards, and then asking Toru to go out with her without knowing a single thing about him beforehand?
Sounds like you're new to romance manga and it's love affair with misunderstandings.

Luminisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 21:48   Link #727
Franckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminisk View Post
Sounds like you're new to romance manga and it's love affair with misunderstandings.
You'd be surprised regarding what I'm familiar with. Anyway, so you think % girl has no intention of attempting to start a relationship with Toru? The implications of her actions are rather obvious.
Franckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 22:09   Link #728
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
You'd be surprised regarding what I'm familiar with. Anyway, so you think % girl has no intention of attempting to start a relationship with Toru? The implications of her actions are rather obvious.
I feel like that would just be too obvious though, I mean that could end up being her power but I feel like her power really isn't the point of her at all being here. The author is obviously going to use this Character to push Toru and Koyuki closer together in the end, or at least that is my view of it.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 22:47   Link #729
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
I doubt it's love, because she was at the verge of tears looking in a bush before finding that a frustrated human passerby is exactly her pick.
I agree with this stance, probably she needs to achieve some personal objective (like, finding something) and Toru simply is the right pick.

BTW, I think that the emphasis put on her seeing 100% is special, maybe it's the first time that she actually saw a 100% chance of something?

It's also pretty obvious how Koyuki is going to react with this, hahaha.
Old 2012-03-16, 23:02   Link #730
Luminisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
I feel like that would just be too obvious though, I mean that could end up being her power but I feel like her power really isn't the point of her at all being here. The author is obviously going to use this Character to push Toru and Koyuki closer together in the end, or at least that is my view of it.
Yeah, it's too obvious and convenient considering what happened last chapter.
It is an age old plot device often used series where the relationship between two characters is stagnate. The authors are teasing the reader with a misunderstanding and create fear and insecurity in Koyuki. Your standard formula for drama, but you're skirting line between drama and melodrama with this. Doing ok-ish you get Kento in "Kimi ni Todoke," done horribly wrong or employed too often you get "Kimi no Iru Machi."

PS. t's already been mention that Koyuki said the same thing when she first asked for help. This just rings too many alarms for a false lead.

Luminisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 10:04   Link #731
DawnEmperor

Just started reading the series, caught to current events

Anyone think the new girl's power may be similar to Koyuki's, only more specific?
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 11:02   Link #732
noobita

Yandere Koyuki arc? I like it.
Old 2012-03-17, 15:13   Link #733
LostSome

What is with the "plot device" comments ?
Iris Zero surprised me before, I`m not ready to cry at the "obvious" plot just yet.

Poor Toru is a magnet for trouble... lol ! Why am I thinking that new girl is really famous and his exposition rate will go to 10 000% ?
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 19:53   Link #734
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminisk View Post
PS. t's already been mention that Koyuki said the same thing when she first asked for help. This just rings too many alarms for a false lead.
This can really go 50/50 because well what they said always had 2 implications, Koyuki meant the non-romantic idea of going out, using her Iris she found what she was looking for and without the prior knowledge of this girls iris it is had to tell which one she meant percentages are more commonly seen with forms of compatibility.

Why I don't think it's love compatibility is because Iris powers up to this point have not been Egocentric so a love compatibility rating based on yourself IMO seems out of place from what I have seen from the other characters Iris abilities.
Old 2012-03-17, 20:15   Link #735
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Why I don't think it's love compatibility is because Iris powers up to this point have not been Egocentric so a love compatibility rating based on yourself IMO seems out of place from what I have seen from the other characters Iris abilities.
This is the reason I doubt it being "love" compatibility, an iris that only showed love compatibility for one's self is not very useful on the whole.
Old 2012-03-18, 07:43   Link #736
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Who says irises have to be useful?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 13:02   Link #737
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Who says irises have to be useful?
Its not about being useful its about the way in which Iris are used to view the world from what we have seen a love compatibility is unlikely because a single percentage shown would mean that the compatibility is based on the girl herself and is egocentric. Unless we see that her Iris can shown the percentage compatibility between 2 people, love compatibilty is unlikely.
Old 2012-03-18, 13:06   Link #738
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Its not about being useful its about the way in which Iris are used to view the world from what we have seen a love compatibility is unlikely because a single percentage shown would mean that the compatibility is based on the girl herself and is egocentric.
And what, exactly, is wrong with that?

Quote:
Unless we see that her Iris can shown the percentage compatibility between 2 people, love compatibilty is unlikely.
And why couldn't it show love compatibility between two people?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 13:49   Link #739
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And what, exactly, is wrong with that?
Nothing is wrong with it. However basing that on what we have seen from all revealed Iris abilities, love compatibilty comparing herself to the person she is looking at is unlikely at least based on track record.

Quote:
And why couldn't it show love compatibility between two people?
This is exactly the point, if it does show the love compatibilty between two people than love compatibility is a feasible Iris power unlike having an Iris where the love compatibilty is centered around the girl

However based on what we have seen in the recent chapter the percentage only appears on a single person and since Koyuki is not shown to have a percentage around her yet, while it is not impossible I find it highly unlikely.
Old 2012-03-18, 14:32   Link #740
konart

Send a message via Skype™ to konart
"Aye, the compass doesn't point North. But we're not trying to find North, are we?"

Her iris was leading her and not for no reason.

Tags
fantasy, romance, seinen, shounen