AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-16, 04:46   Link #721
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
... This chapter finally added another dimension towards the relationship that were developing... More drama now. It would be a 360 turn if Kouyuki doesn't win damn I'm already expecting the worst. Am I the only one who thinks that what Yuki did was neccessary.
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 05:36   Link #722
Velsy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Is a very interesting turn of events and the guessing game is on once again, is it a love compatibility or is it a "the right person for the job" kinda compatibility?

I'd like to think it's a love compatibility and I think it could very well be but could just be the author trolling us
I can't see it as a love compatibility, I mean she was looking for something in the scrub, then ask's him for a favour, then at the end asks if she can borrow him. Koyuki also asked him out only to mean she was asking for help when they first met too.

If it is a love compatibility, then I dont understand O_o
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 15:39   Link #723
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I can't see it as a love compatibility, I mean she was looking for something in the scrub, then ask's him for a favour, then at the end asks if she can borrow him. Koyuki also asked him out only to mean she was asking for help when they first met too.

If it is a love compatibility, then I dont understand O_o
Not hard to imagine % being used as love compatibility or any kind of compatibility for that matter.
If it was the case of 100% compatible in love, then she'd be daft to pass him up now wouldn't she

I do doubt it really being about love but way I see it it's 50/50, we'll just have to wait and see.
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 21:09   Link #724
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Not hard to imagine % being used as love compatibility or any kind of compatibility for that matter.
If it was the case of 100% compatible in love, then she'd be daft to pass him up now wouldn't she

I do doubt it really being about love but way I see it it's 50/50, we'll just have to wait and see.
I doubt it's love, because she was at the verge of tears looking in a bush before finding that a frustrated human passerby is exactly her pick.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 21:22   Link #725
Franckie
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
I'd imagine the % has to do something with "love". How else do you explain the girl's mouth-opening look after looking at Toru, her getting all snuggly with him afterwards, and then asking Toru to go out with her without knowing a single thing about him beforehand?
Franckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 21:34   Link #726
Luminisk
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: CA
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
I'd imagine the % has to do something with "love". How else do you explain the girl's mouth-opening look after looking at Toru, her getting all snuggly with him afterwards, and then asking Toru to go out with her without knowing a single thing about him beforehand?
Sounds like you're new to romance manga and it's love affair with misunderstandings.
__________________

Luminisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 21:48   Link #727
Franckie
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminisk View Post
Sounds like you're new to romance manga and it's love affair with misunderstandings.
You'd be surprised regarding what I'm familiar with. Anyway, so you think % girl has no intention of attempting to start a relationship with Toru? The implications of her actions are rather obvious.
Franckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 22:09   Link #728
Soverence
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Where the Sky Touches the Sea
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
You'd be surprised regarding what I'm familiar with. Anyway, so you think % girl has no intention of attempting to start a relationship with Toru? The implications of her actions are rather obvious.
I feel like that would just be too obvious though, I mean that could end up being her power but I feel like her power really isn't the point of her at all being here. The author is obviously going to use this Character to push Toru and Koyuki closer together in the end, or at least that is my view of it.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 22:47   Link #729
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
I doubt it's love, because she was at the verge of tears looking in a bush before finding that a frustrated human passerby is exactly her pick.
I agree with this stance, probably she needs to achieve some personal objective (like, finding something) and Toru simply is the right pick.

BTW, I think that the emphasis put on her seeing 100% is special, maybe it's the first time that she actually saw a 100% chance of something?

It's also pretty obvious how Koyuki is going to react with this, hahaha.
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 23:02   Link #730
Luminisk
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: CA
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
I feel like that would just be too obvious though, I mean that could end up being her power but I feel like her power really isn't the point of her at all being here. The author is obviously going to use this Character to push Toru and Koyuki closer together in the end, or at least that is my view of it.
Yeah, it's too obvious and convenient considering what happened last chapter.
It is an age old plot device often used series where the relationship between two characters is stagnate. The authors are teasing the reader with a misunderstanding and create fear and insecurity in Koyuki. Your standard formula for drama, but you're skirting line between drama and melodrama with this. Doing ok-ish you get Kento in "Kimi ni Todoke," done horribly wrong or employed too often you get "Kimi no Iru Machi."

PS. t's already been mention that Koyuki said the same thing when she first asked for help. This just rings too many alarms for a false lead.
__________________

Luminisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 10:04   Link #731
DawnEmperor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Somewhere
Just started reading the series, caught to current events

Anyone think the new girl's power may be similar to Koyuki's, only more specific?
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 11:02   Link #732
noobita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Yandere Koyuki arc? I like it.
__________________
noobita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 15:13   Link #733
LostSome
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
What is with the "plot device" comments ?
Iris Zero surprised me before, I`m not ready to cry at the "obvious" plot just yet.

Poor Toru is a magnet for trouble... lol ! Why am I thinking that new girl is really famous and his exposition rate will go to 10 000% ?
__________________
Nyohohohoho ! It`s the law of the universe that only wizards die as virgins.
You can`t let yourself die as a virgin, right ?
-Old geezer.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 19:53   Link #734
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminisk View Post
PS. t's already been mention that Koyuki said the same thing when she first asked for help. This just rings too many alarms for a false lead.
This can really go 50/50 because well what they said always had 2 implications, Koyuki meant the non-romantic idea of going out, using her Iris she found what she was looking for and without the prior knowledge of this girls iris it is had to tell which one she meant percentages are more commonly seen with forms of compatibility.

Why I don't think it's love compatibility is because Iris powers up to this point have not been Egocentric so a love compatibility rating based on yourself IMO seems out of place from what I have seen from the other characters Iris abilities.
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 20:15   Link #735
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Why I don't think it's love compatibility is because Iris powers up to this point have not been Egocentric so a love compatibility rating based on yourself IMO seems out of place from what I have seen from the other characters Iris abilities.
This is the reason I doubt it being "love" compatibility, an iris that only showed love compatibility for one's self is not very useful on the whole.
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 07:43   Link #736
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Who says irises have to be useful?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 13:02   Link #737
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Who says irises have to be useful?
Its not about being useful its about the way in which Iris are used to view the world from what we have seen a love compatibility is unlikely because a single percentage shown would mean that the compatibility is based on the girl herself and is egocentric. Unless we see that her Iris can shown the percentage compatibility between 2 people, love compatibilty is unlikely.
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 13:06   Link #738
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Its not about being useful its about the way in which Iris are used to view the world from what we have seen a love compatibility is unlikely because a single percentage shown would mean that the compatibility is based on the girl herself and is egocentric.
And what, exactly, is wrong with that?

Quote:
Unless we see that her Iris can shown the percentage compatibility between 2 people, love compatibilty is unlikely.
And why couldn't it show love compatibility between two people?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 13:49   Link #739
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And what, exactly, is wrong with that?
Nothing is wrong with it. However basing that on what we have seen from all revealed Iris abilities, love compatibilty comparing herself to the person she is looking at is unlikely at least based on track record.

Quote:
And why couldn't it show love compatibility between two people?
This is exactly the point, if it does show the love compatibilty between two people than love compatibility is a feasible Iris power unlike having an Iris where the love compatibilty is centered around the girl

However based on what we have seen in the recent chapter the percentage only appears on a single person and since Koyuki is not shown to have a percentage around her yet, while it is not impossible I find it highly unlikely.
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 14:32   Link #740
konart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Moscow, RU
Age: 26
Send a message via Skype™ to konart
"Aye, the compass doesn't point North. But we're not trying to find North, are we?"

Her iris was leading her and not for no reason.
__________________
Signature removed. Please check the forum signature rules before trying to upload another one. If you have questions, feel free to contact a mod through PM.
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, romance, seinen, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.