AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-11-29, 18:24   Link #921
LostSome
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
Asahi checked if Koyuki was lying ?!
That`s a very bad habit... I know she was just worried, but I sure wouldn`t like if a friend would do that to me.

That girl is pretty sharp too. I guess all Zeroes are.
__________________
Nyohohohoho ! It`s the law of the universe that only wizards die as virgins.
You can`t let yourself die as a virgin, right ?
-Old geezer.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 18:50   Link #922
Kioras
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Well, the reveal that it may be possible for someone to steal or harvest someones Iris ability makes it seem the smart thing would be to hide your iris if it is a strong or versatile one.

Being treated as an Iris Zero ironically would be safer then being sought as a human lie detector or if you refuse to co-operate to have them just take your eyes from you.

Which would make all the main cast safer if they pretended they had a weaker Iris or were a Zero, simply because all of there abilities are very very strong.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 19:03   Link #923
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Of course it would be safer, but such crimes will hardly be more major than any others. In other hand having good Iris can give you better chances to be selected into good companies and high positions.

There will definitely hunt for strong and versatile Irises but in most case not that you mean.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 19:29   Link #924
Kioras
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Of course it would be safer, but such crimes will hardly be more major than any others. In other hand having good Iris can give you better chances to be selected into good companies and high positions.

There will definitely hunt for strong and versatile Irises but in most case not that you mean.
Well of course, there will be a hunt of both types.

Most large companies HR departments would kill to get a hold of people having some of the main characters Iris's. Intelligent use of them would make a lot of things easier with less wasted time and effort.

Such things would not be risky at all and would be a benefit of having the Iris. Some of these Iris are so potent they might as well as be foresight.

These abilities have a lot of different uses legal and illegal which might mean people might go to quite lengths to aquire the use of them.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 19:35   Link #925
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
To put it simply Irises are asset like any other (money, skills, connections) you can hide it if you are afraid, but in general it would contraproductive.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 20:15   Link #926
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 22
well.. stealing eyeball is little scary.. but I don't think Iris Zero manga will head that way since the probability for iris transfer is very small

I would be more happy if Hoshimiya is actually real Iris Zero... Sasamori is having a tough rival...
So she's a senpai? I think that's why she always want to lead the situation...
sticking too close on Toru is little bad though.. it's just matter of time before they're found by Koyuki and Asahi
__________________

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 20:37   Link #927
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioras View Post
Well, the reveal that it may be possible for someone to steal or harvest someones Iris ability makes it seem the smart thing would be to hide your iris if it is a strong or versatile one.

Being treated as an Iris Zero ironically would be safer then being sought as a human lie detector or if you refuse to co-operate to have them just take your eyes from you.

Which would make all the main cast safer if they pretended they had a weaker Iris or were a Zero, simply because all of there abilities are very very strong.
I can argue that being seen as an Iris Zero is still socially worse, because as shown in the Iris Hunter issue, there's now an easily believable motive for an Iris Zero to go after someone's eyes. You're constantly suspected for being a serial killer.

Now we can look forward to an arc where someone tries to have or already has two different Irises, one for each eye.

But for now, I actually don't care about this arc anymore, it's getting boring. I just want to see the public fallout of Rei announcing that she and Toru are dating.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 22:42   Link #928
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
But for now, I actually don't care about this arc anymore, it's getting boring. I just want to see the public fallout of Rei announcing that she and Toru are dating.
I think that the problem has been that they have been splitting events in too few pages. I'm guessing this arc could be done with in like three 50 pages or so chapters; after all it seems pretty simple so far.

The only way they can stretch this is with missunderstandings (booh) or by having that "key iris" girl being actually hard to deal with.
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 22:51   Link #929
Kioras
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
The real problem in regards to length is that well, we had over a year pause in the story.

If not for the pause we would be in chapter 48.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 22:58   Link #930
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
I think that the problem has been that they have been splitting events in too few pages. I'm guessing this arc could be done with in like three 50 pages or so chapters; after all it seems pretty simple so far.

The only way they can stretch this is with missunderstandings (booh) or by having that "key iris" girl being actually hard to deal with.
Oh yeah, that key girl is going to be problematic. Can't have someone come in with an iris and not be a pain.

I'm just worried that the problem is, once more, that the girl has a misunderstanding with super-roundabout ways to protect Rei from misfortune that only her iris sees. That, I realized, was basically how the last few arcs played out.

But they've had a year and a half to write stuff out, so I'll stop complaining and see. In about a year, give or take.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 01:34   Link #931
Velsy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
So, what I got from the last chapter was.... Koyuki has been set up by glasses girl?
__________________

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 05:35   Link #932
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
Asahi checked if Koyuki was lying ?!
That`s a very bad habit... I know she was just worried, but I sure wouldn`t like if a friend would do that to me.
She has no way of not knowing when people are lying to her face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
To put it simply Irises are asset like any other (money, skills, connections) you can hide it if you are afraid, but in general it would contraproductive.
If it can be taken, an Iris would be like a gold necklace that you can't take off. If it's a big one with diamonds and shit on it and you value your neck, keep it under your damn shirt.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 05:51   Link #933
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Sure, you can also wear cheap clothes, ride old car and use mobile with keybord when you are on it. It's also safer live flatlet so robbers doesn't bother robing it. It doesn't metter whether you are rich as any bigger spending giving it away and you might become target. Just keeping money on account and live as beggar is the best option.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2013-11-30 at 06:02.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 06:10   Link #934
noobita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Yandere Koyuki: Toru, you can have my eyes...really...*stare at Toru intensely*
__________________
noobita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 16:52   Link #935
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Sure, you can also wear cheap clothes, ride old car and use mobile with keybord when you are on it. It's also safer live flatlet so robbers doesn't bother robing it. It doesn't metter whether you are rich as any bigger spending giving it away and you might become target. Just keeping money on account and live as beggar is the best option.
Nah. But there's a difference between using what you have, and flaunting it like an idiot in crime-ridden neighborhoods.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 17:28   Link #936
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Where did that "crime ridden neighborhood" came from? There is no indication crimmes related to Irises are more frequent than any others and there is no reason think it ever will.

Society will change that much is certain, but it will not be worse nor better, just with new variation of same problems.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 18:34   Link #937
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Assuming iris are stealable:

If you aren't discreet about what exactly your iris is, you're basically flaunting in every neighborhood. You're going on facebook and telling the world your house is worth burglarizing. Or rather, that you personally are worth murdering. (At least for those with rare, powerful irises.)

So, unless you're already so rich you can afford personal bodyguards, if your iris is precious, be discreet. Only tell those who need to know (that is, the guys who will pay you a lot of money so you use your iris on their behalf, and have no interest in killing geese that lay golden eggs).

You say irises are like money, skills, or connections. But that's false. The latter two can't be stolen. And while money can be stolen, most people don't walk around with millions in cash, and even if they meet a mugger, there's a chance they'll just lose their wallets and valuables.

If you have a good iris, OTOH, it means that they guy who kidnaps and steal your eyes (probably killing you in the process, because why not?) stands to make millions. Or billions.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 18:49   Link #938
ices
Monadically Happy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Monadic Container
say... what iris power considered powerful?
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 19:02   Link #939
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
The ones that would help for oil prospecting or financial planning, I guess. They're the obvious ones.

Though there's the question of rarity. If thousands of people know where the hidden oil reserves are, it'll drive the prices (of the information) down. Unless they all partner up or something.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 19:19   Link #940
Flying Dagger
大巧不工
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
I am curious what will happen if only a single iris is transplanted in the process...

Some sort of an iris registration system can probably help prevent iris thief. Not to mention iris transplants are not an easy surgery: you can easily get caught if done illegally.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, romance, seinen, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.