AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-01-18, 18:24   Link #161
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Fortunately for Toru, he hasn't played Portal. He would be devastated that the cake is a lie(or is it?) .
He'll just keep on going till he runs out of cake?
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 20:37   Link #162
ZeKeR
Superbad

Send a message via Skype™ to ZeKeR
so i wonder nao... what made her do that....

teh guy with glasses mindf*cked her? i dunno...
Old 2011-01-18, 20:58   Link #163
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Brilliant observation skills as always Toru . The best part of this chapter probably was when Koyuki wanted to try the hakama on just for Toru. Aaaw, that's really sweet. "For his eyes only" as you could say
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 22:55   Link #164
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
People just aren't thinking creatively about Kuga's Iris. It may seem harmless as presented, but Toru showed in Hijiri's flashback that there can be more than one use for an Iris.
Spoiler for latest arc:

I have quite a few dark ideas about Toru that the story can use and make itself painfully depressing. It probably shouldn't head that way. At least have a beach episode before getting there. Or a really, really hax Iris sports festival arc.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 04:35   Link #165
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
^you should know too well after reading the first few chapters, there ain't gonna be anything like a beach/onsen chapter, nevermind pantyshots or anything the like
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 09:39   Link #166
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
^you should know too well after reading the first few chapters, there ain't gonna be anything like a beach/onsen chapter, nevermind pantyshots or anything the like
You don't need fanservice to do a good beach chapter. Azumanga Daioh didn't have much. To Aru Majutsu no Index had a beach episode that had very little fanservice, lots of laughs, and out of nowhere threw actual plotwork in and followed it through to the end.
Old 2011-01-19, 10:49   Link #167
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post

Well it's anyone's guess as to what it his Iris can see. Something to do with seeing arrows as the pic shows...
Spoiler:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 11:44   Link #168
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post

The glasses guy is a childhood friend of hers, and it looks like he really cares for her.

I'm betting it's the guy she likes.
Old 2011-01-19, 12:31   Link #169
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
The glasses guy is a childhood friend of hers, and it looks like he really cares for her.

I'm betting it's the guy she likes.
No the guy she liked was that guy in the line wasn't it?

Reason she stole the coustume was to show it to that guy in the line cause he said he wanted to see it.

My guess tho between Kuga and Glasses guy is one of them asked the other out but was rejected.
Porbably go with Kuga maybe asked him out but was rejected, now she has/had someone else she liked, the guy standing in the line.

So many spoilers in here it's bloody hard not clicking on them but so far I've held out>_<
Old 2011-01-19, 14:21   Link #170
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post

Reason she stole the coustume was to show it to that guy in the line cause he said he wanted to see it.

My guess tho between Kuga and Glasses guy is one of them asked the other out but was rejected.
Porbably go with Kuga maybe asked him out but was rejected, now she has/had someone else she liked, the guy standing in the line.

So many spoilers in here it's bloody hard not clicking on them but so far I've held out>_<
No, I'm saying I bet it's the guy she likes that caused her to be so evil.
Old 2011-01-19, 14:29   Link #171
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Spoiler for Click me Bonta Kun you know you want to!!!!!!:

I agree with Claies. It's gotta be about the guy not even giving her a second look, or that's just a starting point that snowballs downhill into another thing. In other words, jealousy...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 15:26   Link #172
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

^
lol I'm guessing there isn't actually anything spoilerish behind it but I'm still not gonna touch it.....altho I was damn close to clicking it.
There are very few series I want to stay clear of spoilers and this is one of them, I'm not taking any risks, I will not waver!
I won't even use the quote button for posts with spoilers.

On the note about Kuga, I don't see her being somewhat "blown off" as her reason for being "evil" or whatever.
Seems she's willing to take an extra step in order to get attention but not in any kinda malicious or deviant way.
Jealously is possible but towards Koyuki just cause the guy she liked takes an interest in seeing her in some costume seems a tad much but then I guess people can get jealous over the smallest of things.

Just wondering but do they really do stuff like sell food to woman only?
I don't know if it's just a cultural thing or not, I have seen it in some other mangas....I think but I've never seen it in RL.....I think, sure as hell would be a dumb idea here in the UK anyway.
Old 2011-01-19, 16:25   Link #173
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
^
lol I'm guessing there isn't actually anything spoilerish behind it but I'm still not gonna touch it.....altho I was damn close to clicking it.
There are very few series I want to stay clear of spoilers and this is one of them, I'm not taking any risks, I will not waver!
I won't even use the quote button for posts with spoilers.
Lol. I will spoil it for you, at the risk of being a spoilsport - there is no Iris Zero spoiler behind that spoiler tag. /me runs away

Quote:
Just wondering but do they really do stuff like sell food to woman only?
I don't know if it's just a cultural thing or not, I have seen it in some other mangas....I think but I've never seen it in RL.....I think, sure as hell would be a dumb idea here in the UK anyway.
I'm not sure how the situation is in Japan, but in Europe and the USA this would certainly be illegal due to consumer discrimination legislation. The "females-only" cake is a cute idea on paper but in practice it becomes really problematic really fast.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 17:19   Link #174
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Lol. I will spoil it for you, at the risk of being a spoilsport - there is no Iris Zero spoiler behind that spoiler tag. /me runs away

Yeah, I also guarantee there isn't any spoiler there, I really salute you for that fine play, Johnny

I'm not sure how the situation is in Japan, but in Europe and the USA this would certainly be illegal due to consumer discrimination legislation. The "females-only" cake is a cute idea on paper but in practice it becomes really problematic really fast.
I suppose it's true, but I kinda got the reasoning behind it though...guys like Toru who will be interested in such cakes are rare anyways, so they don't lose too much potential market, but by doing this they'll be able to attract more girls to hang out and guaranteeing that they won't be hit on or harassed by boys or something like that. But yeah, I guess something like that will be protested if not sue really fast in the US...
Old 2011-01-20, 01:00   Link #175
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:

You'll be fine, because I'm going to stop writing them. :P

Volume 3 comes out in like 2 days anyways. Hopefully someone scans it really really soon.
Old 2011-01-20, 01:46   Link #176
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

After reading chapter 9, I'm still not convinced that Kuga will become a
Spoiler for chapter 15:
Maybe she lied about the guy she likes or something. Or maybe the jealous part is directed to Sasamori and Toru, I don't know.
Spoiler for specs:
Old 2011-01-20, 03:02   Link #177
Raynor

Well, with Kuga's Iris it makes it really easy to manipulate people. I wouldn't put it past anyone to do something like that.

Anyways, I'm really liking the story so far. The only thing I haven't liked so far is the fact that Toru forgave Yuki in 1 chapter... I mean come on everything that has happened to him and in future chapters stems from her revealing he didn't have an Iris.
Raynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 06:31   Link #178
Shadow5YA

It's not so much that Kuga is driven to become a villain as it is that she has the capacity to become one. Her Iris gives her the ability to manipulate people psychologically. She may or may not use it that way, but it's there. She also has a possible motive for attacking Toru. He was responsible for exposing her theft and indirectly antagonizing her for it. Without him, she could have put back the costume before she was labelled a thief. A second possible motive would have to do with Koyuki. In ch8, we see Kuga and Yuki walk in on Koyuki while she's yelling at Toru. At that point, it certainly looks like Toru did something bad to Koyuki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynor View Post
Well, with Kuga's Iris it makes it really easy to manipulate people. I wouldn't put it past anyone to do something like that.

Anyways, I'm really liking the story so far. The only thing I haven't liked so far is the fact that Toru forgave Yuki in 1 chapter... I mean come on everything that has happened to him and in future chapters stems from her revealing he didn't have an Iris.
Toru doesn't believe Yuki is entirely responsible; while she did expose him, everyone else bullied him.

Second, while it was only one chapter for us, it's been years for Toru. Yuki exposed Toru when they were elementary/primary school students. They are now in high school.

Finally, it's in Toru's nature to understand and forgive Yuki. He solves mysteries by placing himself in the position of the culprit and understanding the person's motive. Like Hijiri said in ch4, it's Toru's defense mechanism to understand others. If Toru can understand why other people act the way they do, he can be more tolerant and forgiving.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2011-01-20 at 08:03.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 06:56   Link #179
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

If we can assume that a "Kuga versus Toru" will happen, it will be a great battle.
Kuga's iris that she can learn of people emotions, while Toru's ability to put himself in people's position to learn their emotions, or motives. Ordinary person versus Iris.
Old 2011-01-20, 08:13   Link #180
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru~ View Post
If we can assume that a "Kuga versus Toru" will happen, it will be a great battle.
Kuga's iris that she can learn of people emotions, while Toru's ability to put himself in people's position to learn their emotions, or motives. Ordinary person versus Iris.
... only if Toru is willing to confront Kuga. With his current "minimal exposure" policy, he's not going to put up a fight. He acknowledges that in a world full of special Irises, he is a defect, like a person with Down syndrome. Because he knows that what the majority of his society thinks, all he can do is avoid them because he thinks they're right, even if it deeply hurts him.

Toru needs someone to convince him that even if people think he's the odd man out, that doesn't make them right.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, romance, seinen, shounen