AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Another

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-01, 18:06   Link #981
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Very nice work!!

and thanks for sharing. I've added only some info, hope I didn't make mistakes.
here the psd modified http://www.mediafire.com/?u37wrsj93ojc9bx

Spoiler for fatality scoreboard - ep.4:
Oooh, the grave crosses are a nice touch. It'll be handy to have the dates of the all deaths in one place, too.
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 18:53   Link #982
Robotech Master
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Huh........hmmmmm......


Can anyone tell me if they recall if the show has supplied us with Kouichi's mother's original surname? Because it wouldn't be the same as Kouichi's since it came from his father. It would have been different in high school, and that would be Reiko's last name as well. Could be important.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 19:03   Link #983
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
Huh........hmmmmm......


Can anyone tell me if they recall if the show has supplied us with Kouichi's mother's original surname? Because it wouldn't be the same as Kouichi's since it came from his father. It would have been different in high school, and that would be Reiko's last name as well. Could be important.
You mean her maiden name (her surname before she got married)? I don't recall ever being told that. But then again, I don't even remember her surname; were we ever told what it was?
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 19:14   Link #984
Robotech Master
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
You mean her maiden name (her surname before she got married)? I don't recall ever being told that. But then again, I don't even remember her surname; were we ever told what it was?
Yeah, maiden name. I think her given name may have been dropped once during the show, or maybe I'm imagining it--the first name wasn't what was so important anyway. The possible "Aha, gotcha" is in the assumption that his mother has the same last name as the main character, which may have been true a few years ago, but not true when we're talking about the events of 15 years ago or whenever.

But I'm mainly interested in that info to pursue some stuff on Reiko. Suspicious, that Reiko.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 20:32   Link #985
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Dude, they're not in a war so using "KIA" feels a bit off. Sorry for being such a G.Nazi...

Nice Idea though.
The whole setup strongly reminded me of Battle Royale: soon it'll be the last person standing, except they ain't killing each other, but fear is the big killer.

@Arya: you should be getting a big chocolate chip cookie for this. Excellent touch!

EDIT 2: forgot that I had inadvertently left out the mouse pointers (as I was using Greenshot, and it captured even those pointers), so we have to erase them out after the next round, er, Episode 5.
__________________

Last edited by sa547; 2012-02-01 at 20:45.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 22:15   Link #986
djmaca
My Girl ↓
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Update: Ortigas, Pasig, Phillippines
Age: 26
With everything I read(manga, Novel, wiki) I think it's safe to say...

THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN A DAMN GAME INSTEAD.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 23:50   Link #987
Unknown Soldier
:D
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
With everything I read(manga, Novel, wiki) I think it's safe to say...

THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN A DAMN GAME INSTEAD.
Why? It was originally the novel first, you know.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 00:19   Link #988
djmaca
My Girl ↓
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Update: Ortigas, Pasig, Phillippines
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Why? It was originally the novel first, you know.
When I read the whole thing, or almost of the whole thing, I could say that the MC could have prevented the next sets of deaths if he investigated as early as late June after the June set of deaths, given that the deaths follow a certain order or is triggered by a certain event....

Is what I wanted to say. However, circumstances did prevent him from being there in the first place. Add that everyone is SO unwilling to talk or give information, except the Librarian dude. What actually gave me the feel that this should have been a game, however, is that it reminds me of Fatal Frame 2(good horror game, 100%) due to "You Know Who" having a "You Know What".
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 07:38   Link #989
Arya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
The whole setup strongly reminded me of Battle Royale: soon it'll be the last person standing, except they ain't killing each other, but fear is the big killer.

@Arya: you should be getting a big chocolate chip cookie for this. Excellent touch!

EDIT 2: forgot that I had inadvertently left out the mouse pointers (as I was using Greenshot, and it captured even those pointers), so we have to erase them out after the next round, er, Episode 5.
Love that cookies
By the way, did you take the board from some episode? I have missed that frame
__________________

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 08:01   Link #990
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Love that cookies
By the way, did you take the board from some episode? I have missed that frame
The caps came from the official Another website, at the character profile page.
__________________
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 08:17   Link #991
Arya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
The caps came from the official Another website, at the character profile page.
Thanks, I got confused by the note on the screenshot s.ware .
__________________

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 00:56   Link #992
G0d_sl4yer
人間・失格
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: セイバの側にいる
Correct me if I'm wrong but there's no spoiler thread for the novel reader in the novel section, right?
G0d_sl4yer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 22:16   Link #993
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
I'm just now getting a chance to catch up on this season's shows, and this is the show I have enjoyed most. Besides the interesting characters and story, it has lovely backgrounds and animation, and good voice-acting from Abe Atsushi (Kouichi; Souma in Shugo Chara, Touma in Index) and from Takamori Natsumi (Mei; Akari in Jewelpet Tinkle, Subaru in Houkago no Pleiades).

I can't help thinking Mei is the original Misaki, but her comment about being the recently-dead Misaki's cousin makes that less likely. Although not impossible, I guess -- maybe a first cousin once removed -- i.e., a parent's cousin? In Chinese terms, however, that would probably make her an aunt, so maybe not, if Japanese is the same.
__________________
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 21:19   Link #994
White Manju Bun
What would you know!
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0d_sl4yer View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but there's no spoiler thread for the novel reader in the novel section, right?
Correct, all Another related threads are now here. Novel readers have the Novel Thread and the Spoiler Thread For Experienced Fans.
__________________
Break - Pandora HeartsManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 03:19   Link #995
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 33
One thing that I am really liking is how when we get answers, we get even more questions that need answers as well. This series knows how to keep its atmosphere.

Spoiler for Episode 5 info regarding Mei:


I'll try to give more of my thoughts on Episode 5 in the thread for it, but this show is keeping up its great storytelling. And having spoiled myself as far as the manga goes, it is interesting to observe people speculating and asking all sorts of questions and I have to try to make sure that I don't accidently reveal anything important.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 04:49   Link #996
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
One thing that I am really liking is how when we get answers, we get even more questions that need answers as well. This series knows how to keep its atmosphere.

Spoiler for Episode 5 info regarding Mei:


I'll try to give more of my thoughts on Episode 5 in the thread for it, but this show is keeping up its great storytelling. And having spoiled myself as far as the manga goes, it is interesting to observe people speculating and asking all sorts of questions and I have to try to make sure that I don't accidently reveal anything important.
Spoiler for Episode 5 - spoiler tag just in case:
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 07:50   Link #997
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Kouichi x Mei flags raised.

Though I still wonder why the classmates didn't just explain everything to Kou from the very beginning. Do they believe it'll trigger the curse or something?
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 08:42   Link #998
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Spoiler for Another Fatality Scoreboard:


- Removed Takabayashi off the list.

- Merged Layers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 8 into one called 'Background' and locked that layer.

- Renamed folders for easier navigation, and moved some layers around a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
Kouichi x Mei flags raised.
Oh hells yeah. Totes rooting for them!
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 10:27   Link #999
TinyRedLeaf
. . .
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
Kouichi x Mei flags raised.
Oh hells yeah. Totes rooting for them!
I guess it adds a whole new meaning to the expression: "Till death do us part..."
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 14:53   Link #1000
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Is there a stream preceding the TV broadcast for this show, in the TV schedule I can only find KBS京都 and テレ玉 airing first on Tuesdays at 23:00 and 23:05, but subs pop out a day earlier
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
horror, mystery, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.