AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Another

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-28, 14:40   Link #1061
ukulelembo
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nchise-another
ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 15:12   Link #1062
TinyRedLeaf
. . .
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 39
It struck me that it's unfortunate that we often can't name the students when we actually have a chart of their classroom seating plan. So, I translated as many of their names as I could. I used (?) to represent names with more than one reading or my best guess at how the name is pronounced.

赤沢 Akazawa前島 Maeshima桜木 Sakuragi風見 Kazami藤卷 Fujimaki
渡辺 Watanabe中尾 Nakao中島 Nakashima猿田 Saruda(?)多多良 Tatara
小椋 Komu(?)米村 Yonemura(?)綾野 Ayano和久井 Wakui松井 Matsui
有田 Arita(?)水野 Mizuno望月 Mochizuki榊原 Sakakibara金木 Kinmoku(?)
佐藤 Sato辻井 Tsujii(?)江藤 Edou(?)王子 Ouji(?)杉浦 Sugiura
見崎 Misaki川堀 Kawahori杮沼 (???)勅使河原 Teshigawara高林 Takabayashi

It's interesting that Komu(?)-chan and Ayano-chan both appear in the OP but have, as yet, little to no significant appearances in the story itself. Well, Ayano narrowly escaped a falling panel of glass, but that was about it. It seems she'll play a bigger role in Ep9, though, if the preview is anything to go by.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 15:45   Link #1063
Taynis
Wonderland's hitman
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brazil
Send a message via MSN to Taynis
It seems that Kumo(?)-chan is in the preview for episode 9 too:



Looks like her to me, but can be another girl since I'm not so familiar with the students' faces
__________________
Taynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 17:09   Link #1064
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
It struck me that it's unfortunate that we often can't name the students when we actually have a chart of their classroom seating plan. So, I translated as many of their names as I could. I used (?) to represent names with more than one reading or my best guess at how the name is pronounced.

赤沢 Akazawa前島 Maeshima桜木 Sakuragi風見 Kazami藤卷 Fujimaki
渡辺 Watanabe中尾 Nakao中島 Nakashima猿田 Saruda(?)多多良 Tatara
小椋 Komu(?)米村 Yonemura(?)綾野 Ayano和久井 Wakui松井 Matsui
有田 Arita(?)水野 Mizuno望月 Mochizuki榊原 Sakakibara金木 Kinmoku(?)
佐藤 Sato辻井 Tsujii(?)江藤 Edou(?)王子 Ouji(?)杉浦 Sugiura
見崎 Misaki川堀 Kawahori杮沼 (???)勅使河原 Teshigawara高林 Takabayashi

It's interesting that Komu(?)-chan and Ayano-chan both appear in the OP but have, as yet, little to no significant appearances in the story itself. Well, Ayano narrowly escaped a falling panel of glass, but that was about it. It seems she'll play a bigger role in Ep9, though, if the preview is anything to go by.
Oooh. Thanks; those names will be of great help for the future fatality scoreboard(s).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taynis View Post
Looks like her to me, but can be another girl since I'm not so familiar with the students' faces
Yep, that's definitely her. I hope the calamity doesn't claim her life in the next episode. x:
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 18:09   Link #1065
Dark Wing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 28
Now I don't know if this has been brought up or not but while sitting at home I had nothing else better to do but rewatch past episodes of Another and came across something I believe of note.

After careful analysis of the opening for "Another". I found that there is brief glimpses of characters in a grainy film-like picture. I then noticed that as people die, they are removed from the opening and replaced with another character, who dies shortly afterward.

In episode 1, the order is Izumi Akazawa, Takako Sugiura, Yukari Sakuragi, Ikuo Takabayashi, Naoya Teshigawara, a long haired girl, Aya Ayano, Yuuya Mochizuki and Sanae Mizuno.

When Sakuragi dies in Episode 3, she is replaced with a short haired boy. He was the one who died in Episode 8. Takabayashi, who died in episode 5 has been replaced with this individual, who has not been introduced formally so far.

When Sanae Mizuno died in Episode 4, she was replaced with Mr. Kubodera, who died in Episode 7. Mr Kubodera has since been replaced with Mrs. Mizuno.

I theorize that the fourth and fifth positions give a hint towards the next students who will die, and the last position tells who is the next adult to die in the story.
__________________
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 18:29   Link #1066
Yvese
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Now I don't know if this has been brought up or not but while sitting at home I had nothing else better to do but rewatch past episodes of Another and came across something I believe of note.

After careful analysis of the opening for "Another". I found that there is brief glimpses of characters in a grainy film-like picture. I then noticed that as people die, they are removed from the opening and replaced with another character, who dies shortly afterward.

In episode 1, the order is Izumi Akazawa, Takako Sugiura, Yukari Sakuragi, Ikuo Takabayashi, Naoya Teshigawara, a long haired girl, Aya Ayano, Yuuya Mochizuki and Sanae Mizuno.

When Sakuragi dies in Episode 3, she is replaced with a short haired boy. He was the one who died in Episode 8. Takabayashi, who died in episode 5 has been replaced with this individual, who has not been introduced formally so far.

When Sanae Mizuno died in Episode 4, she was replaced with Mr. Kubodera, who died in Episode 7. Mr Kubodera has since been replaced with Mrs. Mizuno.

I theorize that the fourth and fifth positions give a hint towards the next students who will die, and the last position tells who is the next adult to die in the story.
Wow nice catch.

I always watch the opening every new ep but I don't pay attention to it at all. I just let the ep roll while reading posts during the opening.

Very interesting.
Yvese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 20:00   Link #1067
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Now I don't know if this has been brought up or not but while sitting at home I had nothing else better to do but rewatch past episodes of Another and came across something I believe of note.

After careful analysis of the opening for "Another". I found that there is brief glimpses of characters in a grainy film-like picture. I then noticed that as people die, they are removed from the opening and replaced with another character, who dies shortly afterward.

In episode 1, the order is Izumi Akazawa, Takako Sugiura, Yukari Sakuragi, Ikuo Takabayashi, Naoya Teshigawara, a long haired girl, Aya Ayano, Yuuya Mochizuki and Sanae Mizuno.

When Sakuragi dies in Episode 3, she is replaced with a short haired boy. He was the one who died in Episode 8. Takabayashi, who died in episode 5 has been replaced with this individual, who has not been introduced formally so far.

When Sanae Mizuno died in Episode 4, she was replaced with Mr. Kubodera, who died in Episode 7. Mr Kubodera has since been replaced with Mrs. Mizuno.

I theorize that the fourth and fifth positions give a hint towards the next students who will die, and the last position tells who is the next adult to die in the story.
Also the weapons are shown in the prologue. We had the elevator, boat, knife in bag. A car was also shown. Fire was also shown.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 20:10   Link #1068
Hakuromatsu
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Greater Boston
And a chandelier!
Hakuromatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 20:35   Link #1069
Yvese
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
I just hope Mei, Izumi and Kouichi survive.

I can't decide which of them are better pairings so I want all 3 to live
Yvese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 20:57   Link #1070
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 26
One of them will probably end up as either Another or culprit.
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 21:54   Link #1071
Oyashiro
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Also the weapons are shown in the prologue. We had the elevator, boat, knife in bag. A car was also shown. Fire was also shown.
I'm thinking that the fire might be a part of a flashback, actually. Yeah, the chandelier isn't one to forget. Someone will be questioning Chibiki in the library and then... bam!

I'm more interested in that body we see floating through the water. Not to mention the fact we see a bloody knife sitting in the rain, followed by (assuming!) Kouichi in the rain, smiling like a psychopath. ...I think there was a Ferris wheel also?
Oyashiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 22:10   Link #1072
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 26
Another notable thing is how Misaka smiles shortly after the boat is shown. Ah well who could hold it agaisnt her? I mean its a nice boat...
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 16:28   Link #1073
konart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Moscow, RU
Age: 26
Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Episode 0 promo:

__________________
Signature removed. Please check the forum signature rules before trying to upload another one. If you have questions, feel free to contact a mod through PM.
konart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 17:08   Link #1074
Hakuromatsu
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Greater Boston
Oh boy, I don't even know what to say to that.

Remember when Misaki Mei was this creepy heterochromic ghost girl that did things like deliver a doll to her dead cousin in the morgue and talk cryptically about death? I sure don't.
Hakuromatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 18:31   Link #1075
PzIVf3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere at Earth
Spoiler for Episode 0 character profile:
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 21:05   Link #1076
haguruma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Germany
Age: 30
Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Spoiler for Episode 0 character profile:
While I think that the spoiler section might be a better place for this one, I think they are cranking the whole "It has never been told before angle" up a little too far. It was part of the novel even though we learned about it by telling instead of showing...but well, what better way to market cute girls doing cute girlzy stuff and being inappropriatly erotic all the while if not by advertising it as being completely original...
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 07:49   Link #1077
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuromatsu View Post
Oh boy, I don't even know what to say to that.

Remember when Misaki Mei was this creepy heterochromic ghost girl that did things like deliver a doll to her dead cousin in the morgue and talk cryptically about death? I sure don't.
I remember. That was a few days after the one person who brightened her life, Fujioka, died. I don't see the problem.

Now I get why Mei said Fujioka was her other half. They were truly inseparable, and they even seemed to try to increase their natural ressemblance. Almost like twins.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 14:43   Link #1078
Hakuromatsu
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Greater Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I remember. That was a few days after the one person who brightened her life, Fujioka, died. I don't see the problem.
I was joking -- I was talking about how audience perception of Mei has changed from January 2012 to March 2012, not how the character of Mei herself changed from April 1998 to July 1998.
Hakuromatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 01:47   Link #1079
Extremesonic101
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada
I'm really digging Fujioka she's really cute. Btw when is this airing?

also not sure if this is old news or not, new to me and epic to me
http://seventhstyle.com/goto/http://...id-gsc-001.jpg
Extremesonic101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 19:13   Link #1080
haguruma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Germany
Age: 30
Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
小椋 Komu(?)
Just thought I'd correct this, her name is Ogura...yeah, I know, who get's the idea to read muku as gura. Her full name appears to be Ogura Yumi...I'm just now going through the novel again, trying to get every full name I can.

EDIT:
I got all the names together and corrected some of the names with either the novel or a name-dictionary. So now we have a classroster of our own

Please look here for the corrected version of the roster.

I find it funny how Ayatsuji snuck some stuff in like he always does. For example Tsujii Yukito was also a character in his 1989 novel Ningyoukan no satsujin (Murder in the Doll Mansion) and also served as a self-insert (Ayatsuji Yukito 綾辻行人 - Tsujii Yukito 辻井雪人)

Last edited by haguruma; 2012-03-06 at 10:36.
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
horror, mystery, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.