AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-29, 09:42   Link #181
Elvin

Think I heard a Miyano Mamoru-like voice at the beginning of the trailer D: Any predictions for the female voice?
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 10:23   Link #182
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Here we go:

Watase: Tarasuke Shingaki
Natsuhiko: Mitsuhiro Ichiki
Yuuri: Kaori Nazuka
Mashiro: Asami Imai
Louise: Kei Shindou
Kazami: Rina Satou
Jun: Akane Tomonaga
Ena: Megumi Toyoguchi
Ukita: Tohru Ookawa
Miyoko Tenkawa: Sayaka Ohara

Last edited by GundamAce; 2011-09-29 at 10:38.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 10:25   Link #183
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

So here's my thoughts:

Surprised to see Jun will have the same voice as Inubushi, though I saw Toyoguchi as Ena coming from a mile away. Hope this doesn't mean she'll become Mayuzumi 2.0.

Never heard of Watase or Natsuhiko's seiyuus before.

To be honest, I was thinking that Mai Nakahara would be Yuuri, but considering that her and Kaori Nazuka have pretty similar ranges, it'll sound pretty much the same. Nazuka's voice will fit Yuuri's appearance quite well.

Weird... Kei Shindou playing two "Infinity" characters at the same time (she voices Tamaki in Code_18 as well). Well, judging from the two, I bet this will be the more memorable experience.

Huh, so the singer of the PSP Ever17 OP and ED and the singer of the new ED is Mashiro? Didn't expect that.

I think Rina Satou's voice will go well with Kazami. She actually voiced a character from 12Riven, so while she's technically been in something like this, I know she can pull this off.

Tohru Ookawa doesn't surprise me, because he has quite the range, so I think he's a good fit for Ukita.

EDIT: Looked Watase and Natsuhiko's seiyuus up. Shingaki will be voicing Kariya Matou in Fate/Zero, which airs very soon, while Ichiki's biggest recent role was the protagonist of an anime called Freezing.

Last edited by GundamAce; 2011-09-29 at 15:48.
Old 2011-09-29, 10:52   Link #184
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Oh, missed two:

Extra characters: Ai Shimizu, Momoko Ohara
Old 2011-09-29, 12:15   Link #185
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Also, here's the cast of "Psychic Magical Girl: Beyond☆Commi". I'm still not quite sure what it is, but from the information on the site, it's probably an in-universe magical girl anime.

Kirara and Beyond Commi: Kyoko Hikami
Yeti: Sora Tokui
Old 2011-10-06, 09:18   Link #186
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

In less than an hour, Dengeki Online will post interviews with each of the cast members of Root Double. Anyone interested in a certain voice actor or character that you'd like me to translate first?
Old 2011-10-06, 09:34   Link #187
Elvin

Well if you're taking requests, I'd be happy with any one of Imai, Nazuka, Satou
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 10:18   Link #188
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Well, it seems the interviews will be published in three sections. The first interview is with the members of the rescue team: that is, with Shingaki, Satou, and Tomonaga.
Old 2011-10-06, 12:00   Link #189
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

First, here's Tarasuke Shingaki's interview

Quote:
――First, please tell us your recording impressions.

The work's depth was overwhelming. The amount of lines I had was ridiculous, but after just carefully going through them one by one in recording, I'm grateful to the staff from the bottom of my heart.

――Describe your feelings when you got the role.

When I learned I'd be playing Watase, I still barely knew anything, but I thought "I've become part of a large work. I'll give it my all!" and got excited.

――Please tell us your impressions concerning Watase Kasasagi.

Because Watase showed some extremely different sides sometimes, I found him very fascinating there. When the time came to play those parts, it was difficult.

――If you were in the character's shoes, what would you do?

There's no way I could be as brave as them, but I'd definitely try to think of a way to help everyone. However, to continue to make the right choices and have the confidence to survive... I wouldn't have any of that.

――If you had BC (Beyond Communication), how would you use it?

If I could control that power, then I'd try not to use it. Being able to spontaneously hear the thoughts of someone else... would be unfair...

――Please tell us your impressions of the work.

After going around the different routes of this work, my impressions of the characters have completely changed. (There's more, but I'm having trouble with it for some reason).

――Out of all the characters, which one are you most interested in and which is your favorite?

From Watase's perspective, probably Salou? She keeps running away. After that would be Yuuri. This old man does his best for her sake (laughs).

――Finally, a message for the fans and readers, if you would.
When you get this work, to all of those who will play this, no matter what feelings you have, you'll be very interested. Play it, be sure to complete it, and overall, just enjoy it until the very end.
Old 2011-10-06, 13:11   Link #190
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Rina Satou's interview:

Quote:
――Now that you've recently finished recording, please tell us your impressions.

It's a thrilling, heartpounding story with many mysteries, making you wonder "Will they make it?" There are many exposition and tense scenes, so I was considerably fatigued after recording (laughs).

――What were your feelings when you got the role of Kazami?

"What a pretty lady." When I learned I got the role, I still hadn't been informed much about her, so I was looking forward to getting the script.

――Please tell us your impressions of Kazami.

Her apppearance and polite tone seems a little cold, but she thinks of the resucees more than herself, and is just being professional: she has a lovely visage otherwise, and is a very charming woman.

――If you were in the characters' shoes, what would you do?

What would I do... (laughs). I think I would do everything I could to survive.

――If you had BC, how would you use it?

Let's see... (laughs). Probably to talk to cats.

――What are your impressions concerning the work now that you're done?

A story where, trapped in a building with no exit, you must desperatey escape. With no time to escape, the mysteries appear in succession, one by one. It's a considerably tense work.

――Out of all the characters, which one are you most interested in and which is your favorite?

Obviously... the Captain!!!!

There are many parts about the current me that overlap with Kazami, and so to my surprise, because of this strange connection, I was able to give a wholehearted performance. It's a tense situation, but don't be discouraged and have fun.
Old 2011-10-06, 15:04   Link #191
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Finally, Tomonaga's interview:

Quote:
――Now that you've finished recording, please tell us your impressions.
I think that Jun is really honest, hot-blooded, hard-working, and a good girl. When the recording staff told me that "Jun really is a good girl!", it made me rather happy.

――Please tell us your thoughts when you got the role of Jun Moribe.
It was unexpected, so I was surprised, but happy to be participating in this work. I immediately went to check the official site♪

――Please tell us your impressions concerning your character.

Well, when I first got the role, there were no individual character pages on the official site yet, but there was the picture of the group of characters, though the only information I had was that the character I would play was named "Jun Moribe" (the characters had no pictures yet, and I hadn't read the script yet), but I saw one of them and thought "this is her!" Turns out I was right.

First, I would cry... then after that, I would definitely wander randomly around the facility.

I don't think I'd use it except in emergencies. It sounds like a troublesome thing to live with a special power. So if it was okay not to use it, I would live without doing so.

――Please tell us your impressions of this work.

Interesting! In any case, I felt that "I'm interesting in continuing", and read the script at once. There's some difficult parts, but I kept wanting to read more and more.

Judging from appearances and personality, I'm interested in Yuuri. But my favorite is Jun.

I think that if you start playing, then you'll be so interested that you won't want to stop! I think you'll all enjoy the world of "Root Double"♪
Old 2011-10-18, 11:30   Link #192
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

The next three interviews are up, with Ichiki, Shindou, and Toyoguchi. I'll get to translating them soon.
Old 2011-10-20, 07:46   Link #193
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Mitsuhiro Ichiki's interview:

Quote:
--First, tell us your recording impressions.

I feel like I'm sinking in steadily the further I advance into the story, that is, it's been really fun doing this. I will never forget the sense of accomplishment I felt after reading all the lines.

――Describe your feelings when you got the role.

In the past, I'd played a couple of suspense-adventure games, but I never thought I'd play a role in one... and one of the protagonists, on top of that! I thought "I'll definitely play this!"

――Please tell us your impressions concerning Natsuhiko Tenkawa.
 I think he's someone that the players will like him, for while he's empathetic, he's also got true bravery and grit!

――If you were in the character's shoes, what would you do?

What would I do... I think I'd do everything could, but I don't think I'd be able to get the True End on my first go (laughs). Now, on the other hand, if I had the ability to save and load, then...

――If you had BC (Beyond Communication), how would you use it?

If I ever forgot my lines while performing at the theater, I'd use "Empathy" to read the lines off of someone off-stage's mind!
(TN: Mitsuhiro Ichiki is also a stage actor.)

If I had to describe the story and setting, along with their creation, then I'd say "amazing!" It's so amazing that I love to check out the official site! Every time it's updated, I get excited and check it out.

Natsuhiko, since I really am emotionally attached to him. Other than him, though... maybe Salou? Even though she's the youngest, she's also the "strongest" by far (laughs).

When I read the script and the mysteries began to be solved, I liked this story more and more. Please play this amazing story! For those of you who haven't done so yet, go to the official site and experience the world of "Root Double"... and then please play to free Natsuhiko from LABO.

Last edited by GundamAce; 2011-10-20 at 07:57.
Old 2011-10-20, 12:49   Link #194
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Kei Shindou's interview:

Quote:
--Now that you've finished recording, please tell us your impressions.

She doesn't say much or express much, so it was hard to do it without expressing much feeling. Also, I had trouble with the French and English she uses...

――Please tell us your thoughts when you got the role of Salou.

I was surprised because of the large age gap between her and the other characters and the fact that she was a returnee to her home country, so I felt uneasy.

Even though her appearance was small and very cute, she's also quite tough. Once you play, you'll understand, but Salou is a bundle of cuteness!

I'd definitely be frightened and cower... then I'd be following behind the others.

I'd want telepathy! Then I wouldn't need a cellphone! It'd be great!

I read the script through, and I got into it like I would with a novel.As the characters's stories intertwine, it gets better and better. It's a game I'd want to play quickly, since it gets me so excited!

The only choice is the Captain!!! Those work clothes and that beard... are the best.

It's an incredibly good game! I also love works like this! There are many characters, so have fun with their stories! Salou offers you her regards.
Old 2011-10-26, 09:22   Link #195
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Nakazawa announced on his Twitter that the main site will be updated twice: once on the 28th, and once on the 31st. He's also mentioned that the voice recording is approaching its end.

Also, if you're wondering why it's taking so long for me to translate the Toyoguchi interview, it's because I've been buried with work this week. I'll try to translate it tomorrow.
Old 2011-10-27, 12:54   Link #196
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Today's site updates:

- New profiles for Miyoko Tenkawa and the two mysterious characters.

- Premise summaries for Routes A and B.

- Eight new CGs and scenes, all for Route B. The titles are: "Unchanging Days", "BC Activation!", "Lesson" "Start of the Distortion of the Ordinary", "Turbulent Glance", "Prophecy In the Moonlight", "Deja-vu A", "Deja-vu B".

- Sample voices will be avaliable on the 31st.
Old 2011-10-27, 14:16   Link #197
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

And here's Megumi Toyoguchi's interview:

Quote:
――Now that you've finished recording, please tell us your impressions.
 It was exhausting (laughs). Especially the teaching scenes!! I got a little depressed just thinking "Can I really talk this much?")。

――Please tell us your thoughts when you got the role of Ena Tsubakiyama.
 I thought she looked like the type who would be thrown into confusion the least in her situation (laughs). I was glad!

I think she's someone who sees things clearly. That part of her is rather like me as well.

I'm a cowardly person, so I don't think I could take it...

Hmm... I think it sounds kinda handy to have in a crisis, but I basically wouldn't use it otherwise. I think it's more fun if you don't know what someone is thinking.

――Please tell us your impressions of this work.
 It's like a locked room mystery. There were many times between lines where I would say "I see", since it was so interesting!

My favorite one would have to be myself (laughs). The one I'm most interested in is Ukita-san. Ah, but I also like the Captain!

In the middle of reading the script, there were many parts that I didn't understand... but that's no longer the case! If you don't clear the game, you won't understand everything! Do everything you can to completely clear the game!

Last edited by GundamAce; 2011-10-31 at 01:37.
Old 2011-10-27, 16:15   Link #198
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Here's Miyoko Tenkawa's profile description (Incidentally, I may translate the full profiles someday in the future):

Spoiler for Miyoko Tenkawa:

I'd like to point out how creepy it is that Miyoko looks almost exactly the same as her son. Also, if her profile is to be believed, then she gave birth to Natsuhiko when she was 19 (though that's not as bad as some other examples I've seen... *coughRemember11cough*)
Old 2011-10-27, 16:21   Link #199
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Ai Shimizu's mysterious character:

Spoiler for Mysterious Character A:

And the other character:

Spoiler for Mysterious Character B:
Old 2011-10-28, 09:21   Link #200
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity