AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-12-05, 09:29   Link #21
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
I actually have a system for this.

I always take the episode count and divide it by either 3 or 4 so that I know how many days of watching it would take. Usually I've got around 2-3 "leftover" episodes that I just watch with the 3/4 episode batch before them. But generally speaking, it's 3 episodes for 13 ep anime and 4 for 24/26/52 or any other larger episode count.
Old 2010-12-05, 12:55   Link #22
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

I watch currently airing anime episodes the day they come out. If I decide to randomly pick an anime off my to-watch list when I feel like it and find out that's it's really good I end up marathoning it and putting off new episodes.

I ended up finishing Death Note, Baccano!, Dennou Coil, and Black Lagoon each in two-three days and all of the seasons of Code Geass and Nodame Cantabile each in a week or less.
Old 2010-12-05, 12:59   Link #23
Fuyuhotaru

depends on the anime and time I have
i watched 30 episodes of Death Note in one sitting
whilst i watched Kamen no Maid Guy almost one episode per 4 days
Old 2010-12-05, 13:13   Link #24
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

2-4 episodes of all the anime I'm currently watching. I usually read some chapters of the manga I'm on whenever I feel like it.

I watch anime and read manga at the library. Since I'm on a time quota I can't really help but cram if I want to finish everything I wanted to.

Usually when I'm on the ride to the library I think up what I want to watch or read. Not really that bad but I wish I had faster internet.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 13:35   Link #25
OgodItsKanon
ばかな王女様
*Artist

If the episodes are short, like in Hetalia, then I'll cram them, but if it's a regular-length episode then I'll space it out. Sometimes.
Old 2010-12-05, 13:43   Link #26
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

Depends on what's going on. Normally, I'll only watch like one episode of a few different series each day. If I've got tests or assignments coming due, and I don't think I'll get a chance to watch for a while, I'll burn through an entire series in the one or two days I have free.

For example, just recently I watched almost the entire "Martian Successor Nadesico" series in a day. About two years ago, I watched all of Higurashi and Higurashi Kai inside of two days, just before finals week started.
Neat Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 13:51   Link #27
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Depends on the series (is it episodic? seasoned/arcs?), episode count (is it 1? 3? 12? 26? 52? 100+? 400+?), length (normal? a 2h movie? a 3min short?), and last but not least, my mood. Even though I try to be optimal with my time, I really don't have any one procedure build into me (partially because it's not optimal to do so).
Old 2010-12-05, 16:02   Link #28
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
If it's a series I haven't seen before and managed to download it all before starting to watch, then I usually cram it all in one go assuming it's good. The longest marathon so far has to be like 60+ episodes of One Piece ... I liked it so much that I just got absorbed in it and couldn't stop, eventually I had to though to sleep etc, but I continued in the morning again.

Actually I prefer to watch it all in one go instead of evening it out because when you do so, you'll remember everything that has happened in previous episode as if you were watching a movie. But if you watched one episode per week for example as you do with weekly airing series, atleast I tend to forget some events of the anime as the anime nears it's end .. Especially so if it's 20+ episode series. The only downside of watching anime like this for me is that if it's very good, it leaves me with '' empty feeling '' .. like .. '' it's already over? ''.

Couple months ago this happened with Nanoha, I watched one season per day and after that everyday I've felt like I want more ... more Nanoha, but it would feel stupid to rewatch something I just watched.
Old 2010-12-05, 17:42   Link #29
Uchiha Soul

it depends, if the anime is really really good then I cant help but cram it even if i want to leave some spaces and i dont think the cramming ruin them, on the contrary i feel it boosts them because waiting for the next ep sometimes can kill the enthusiasm element if the episode ended on a critical situation.
Uchiha Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 14:02   Link #30
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang Send a message via Skype™ to Mr. Wang
I have an... odd tendency when I watch anime. Yes, I do cram episodes. A lot. I watch about 10 episodes in a row, depending on the series... but... oddly enough, after I cram episodes, I have a tendency to, for some reason or another, not watch the anime again for weeks... Like, I don't watch another episode the next day, I start rewatching next month... I haven't a clue why... It's like... I cram, but then subsequently do the opposite...
Old 2010-12-07, 00:55   Link #31
Seishin
私は、和のかがみのココロ

Send a message via MSN to Seishin
With me, it usually depends on the anime. More often then not, I will watch a few episodes in the afternoon then a few more at night. However, I did cram Shuffle!,Air Gear, and Negima?!, finishing them off within the first couple days of starting them, just because I didn't like the building anticipation. Usually with marathons on TV, I will watch the entire marathon, pausing during the commercials for a snack break.
Old 2010-12-08, 17:00   Link #32
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~

Well if the anime is really good I will Cram it! if it interests me I won't want to stop, like Shugo Chara for example I just didn't stop I would probably watched it 24/7 till.....it was done
Old 2013-10-15, 04:15   Link #33
whattawiseguy

I have a lot of time, and I have trouble stopping, so I usually finish a whole series in less than a week ;-;
whattawiseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 05:51   Link #34
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Due to work I watch as much as I can, when I can.

I'm debating what to watch this weekend already...

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 12:09   Link #35
Frontier

When I'm on vacations, I tend to cram two shows a week and how much I cram is dependent on how many episodes they have.

If I'm watching two 1-cour shows, then I'll just watch two episodes a day of both of them. If it's 2-cour, I'll watch four from each.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 14:13   Link #36
Traece
:cool:

Typically when I watch a show I've not seen before that is not new, and thus is complete, I'll marathon the entire thing. It's more efficient and enjoyable for me to just watch the whole entire thing in a single sitting.

As far as new anime goes, that's where things get a bit weird. Usually that depends on my mood, but my preference is to watch the newest episode every week. Unfortunately I've been known to not do this and then do bouts of catching up with multiple episodes. Especially if I'm not fond of a season of anime, like this one, I rarely keep up.
Old 2013-10-15, 14:18   Link #37
RichardFromMarple

I normally won't watch more than 2 or 3 in one go, depending on the anime.
RichardFromMarple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 18:09   Link #38
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Every so often I'll run into an anime that's like a really good page-turning book to me, and I just can't stop watching it.

But other than that, I prefer to watch an older, finished anime at around a pace of 2 or 3 episodes a day.
Old 2013-10-15, 19:53   Link #39
ForwardUntoDawn
Operation "sneaky sneaks"
*IT Support

I tend to watch two to three episodes per day for one show if it's finished, and I used to watch one show a day. Hence, it'd take me a while to actually finish anything.
Old 2013-10-15, 19:55   Link #40
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Meh, I never cram an anime. Just watch 2 or 3 episodes for each series, 1 or 2 series a day. And the rest is for imagination!
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote