AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 31 34.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 27.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 15.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 12.22%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.11%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.22%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-12-09, 09:01   Link #161
revive4563
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Under the desk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
Jan 12
http://www.chara-ani.com/details.aspx?prdid=B10B00369
Meru Meru Meru Meru Meru Meru Me! Meru Meru Meru Meru Meru Meru Me!
But...you can't buy it without an advance order and it's already sold out...
revive4563 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 10:51   Link #162
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: in the land down under ^^
^
Or rather, you had to pre-order within a three day window back in November...
__________________



You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.



"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes


karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 11:50   Link #163
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
But then she'd complain to the father and you'd get beaten up by a policeman .
It'd be worth every minute.
__________________
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 16:39   Link #164
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
Jan 12
http://www.chara-ani.com/details.aspx?prdid=B10B00369
Meru Meru Meru Meru Meru Meru Me! Meru Meru Meru Meru Meru Meru Me!
January 12th hmmm? *writes it down on the list on music to listen to when they release* Thank you very much Kagayaki
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 16:59   Link #165
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
nice ep, Ayase was great, Kanakana stole the show though, who would've thought she would have looked like the original
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 18:27   Link #166
Masked
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
That god damn song was stuck in my head for hours....not sure how I feel about that.
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 15:38   Link #167
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
No, she does not. All shots which we have seen from her (and those were several in multiple episodes) were fully clothed, geared for fashion magazines.
Those shots are from her fashion model photo shootings. Fashion model photo shootings and gravure photo shootings are two completely different things.

The objective for fashion shots is to present clothes. Of course the model has to be attactive, no one wants to see ugly people presenting clothes. That's just secondary though, the primary objective is to present and sell clothes.

Gravure shots are just the opposite. Their objective is to present the model. Of course the clothes she wears have to be attractive (and rgenerally revealing), no one wants to see a model wearing ugly and prude clothes. The looks of the clothes are just secondary though, gravure shots don't want to sell clothes, they want to sell the looks of the model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
But then she'd complain to the father and you'd get beaten up by a policeman .
If Kyousuke would ever hit Kirino, all hell would break loose - especially since his father already has a very low opinion of him
He already did beat Kyousuke for his "otaku" speech. I could easily image him completely losing it and giving Kyousuke a severe beating if he only did as much as slap Kirino just once.
However, I don't think Kyousuke would ever be able to hit Kirino, even if she doesn't treat him all that well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revive4563 View Post
But...you can't buy it without an advance order and it's already sold out...
You can still hear it here

__________________
Himeji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 16:18   Link #168
Masked
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
No,nononononononon don't post that..I'll end up listening to it.
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 07:13   Link #169
Vanish
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Vanish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
You can still hear it here

Spoiler:
You just made me watch past episode 8.lol Tamura Yukari's voice... and I only watched Nanoha 1st yesterday, too!
Vanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 16:44   Link #170
king12354
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
I'm amazed that people actually go crazy for a cosplay contest -_-.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 23:52   Link #171
GundamZZ
残念美人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
I'm amazed that people actually go crazy for a cosplay contest -_-.
You are not alone. Several people already noticed that this episode is making fun of otaku.

[inside voice]
Anime making fun its fans. Is it really no problem?
[/inside voice]

According to someone, Japanese idol industry used to be manufactured. Manufactured fandom and craziness.

In the ear, otaku decide to take up the craziness voluntarily. They participate in this craziness. Well, they have fun. It is what matters.

The singer of this type concerts must be good to lead her audience in this ritual. Else, fans may become disengaged.

If you are interested, watch..

Spoiler:


[off-topic]
1.
Hime. Hime. Hime.
Kaguya. Kaguya. Kaguya.

2.
Still researching the double meaning of the name Bridget(that foreign cosplay girl).
[/off-topic]
__________________
流麗のヒステリア Hysteria of flowing beautifully
三つ腕のリヒティ Lichty of three arms
重剣のクロエ Chloe of giant sword
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 02:20   Link #172
revive4563
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Under the desk
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
You are not alone. Several people already noticed that this episode is making fun of otaku.

[inside voice]
Anime making fun its fans. Is it really no problem?
[/inside voice]

According to someone, Japanese idol industry used to be manufactured. Manufactured fandom and craziness.

In the ear, otaku decide to take up the craziness voluntarily. They participate in this craziness. Well, they have fun. It is what matters.

The singer of this type concerts must be good to lead her audience in this ritual. Else, fans may become disengaged.
Well, in fact they who dance at the front row are "gross otaku". btw that dance is called "ota-gei" (otaku performance).

Of course even they know that enthusiastic attitude like that is gross.

Also enthusiastic anime fans are often calling themselves "kimo-ota" (gross otaku) too. it's something like a self-mocking.

Nobody care about it. Completely no problem.
revive4563 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 14:03   Link #173
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
2.
Still researching the double meaning of the name Bridget(that foreign cosplay girl).
[/off-topic]
It could simply be a terrible pun (english wordplay -- foreign cosplay girl is a "bridge" from other cultures, hence "Bridg-et"). That would be pretty clever since a lot of Japanese anime names have multiple story/personality references built-in.

Quote:
Well, in fact they who dance at the front row are "gross otaku". btw that dance is called "ota-gei" (otaku performance).
Of course even they know that enthusiastic attitude like that is gross.
Also enthusiastic anime fans are often calling themselves "kimo-ota" (gross otaku) too. it's something like a self-mocking.
Nobody care about it. Completely no problem.
Expectations can be played with in irony. Though my profile is geek-deluxe (sci-fi, anime, gaming, etc), I *look* like I strolled out of a Harley bike bar, an SCA meet, or an extra from LOTR - it throws people off. When I worked down at NASA in Houston, the Hollywooders would periodically want to film movies there and would put out the call for "engineers" as background extras. The engineers would show up and there would be this inevitable "no no no, we wanted *engineers*!" and we'd say "we ARE the engineers you dumbass fine arts dropout" (in our UN diversity of sex, race, garb, colors of hair not found in nature, leather, metal, country, prep, etc).

"gross otaku" (kimo-ota) can be quite funny as a term when someone who looks quite unlike the stereotype uses it.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 08:07   Link #174
revive4563
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Under the desk
Quote:
Expectations can be played with in irony. Though my profile is geek-deluxe (sci-fi, anime, gaming, etc), I *look* like I strolled out of a Harley bike bar, an SCA meet, or an extra from LOTR - it throws people off. When I worked down at NASA in Houston, the Hollywooders would periodically want to film movies there and would put out the call for "engineers" as background extras. The engineers would show up and there would be this inevitable "no no no, we wanted *engineers*!" and we'd say "we ARE the engineers you dumbass fine arts dropout" (in our UN diversity of sex, race, garb, colors of hair not found in nature, leather, metal, country, prep, etc).

"gross otaku" (kimo-ota) can be quite funny as a term when someone who looks quite unlike the stereotype uses it.
Possibly the self-mocking is something like "preemptive defence".
And of course even if he's an anime fan, it is not everything in his life just like that guys who are doing ota-gei would have another hobby.
If he can do self-mocking with smile, maybe he's in healthy situation than when he does mind very much.
Anyway when he loves so bad something, his life is beautiful even if someone criticize him.
btw I believe that there is no otaku who is stereo type like Saori (glasses) recently.

Last edited by revive4563; 2010-12-15 at 08:16. Reason: it's not Shiori but Saori
revive4563 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 10:00   Link #175
B2-Lancer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
For me a better than average episode spiced up by the contest. I like to've seen Ruri and Saori there though (only wish the series expanded more on Saori's aristo life!). Kanako Kurusu feels like a Kuroko Shirai Jr. to me and her Meruru is reminiscent of Kannagi's Lolikko Cutie! From the contest visuals I gleaned, Meruru was "created" in the same manner as Yamato Nagamori was into a superior alien in Lucky Star's Ryoo Gakuen Otosai PS2 game -- smacked down by a star-shaped something falling out of the sky. I'd like to network any fanfics or fanvids about Kurusu's Meruru or Stardust Witch in general, so you hear anything please drop me a message. Thanks.
B2-Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 13:13   Link #176
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
KanaKana=cute.
Kurusu Kanako=stuck-up bitch whom I'd like to kick down a flight of stairs. She made a cute little girl CRY!! Girls like her disgust me. They're the same type of girls in middle school who'd pick on the less popular ones (me) with lines like "Ew, why do you always wear such ugly clothes!?"
Then I'd kick said bitch in the ankle.

Still enjoyed the episode though.

I was kinda hoping the creators would pull a "Genshiken" and actually create the Meruru series. No luck huh? D:
__________________
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 14:16   Link #177
B2-Lancer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
KanaKana=cute.
Kurusu Kanako=stuck-up bitch whom I'd like to kick down a flight of stairs. She made a cute little girl CRY!! Girls like her disgust me. They're the same type of girls in middle school who'd pick on the less popular ones (me) with lines like "Ew, why do you always wear such ugly clothes!?"
Then I'd kick said bitch in the ankle.

Still enjoyed the episode though.

I was kinda hoping the creators would pull a "Genshiken" and actually create the Meruru series. No luck huh? D:
There's an interesting take on Kanako-Meruru in production looking for people to voices for a visual novel:
http://voiceactingalliance.com/board...ff-Video-Novel Looks like she's a unique brand of hero here as well as being a brat. Though I hear that in the Oreimo PS3 game she's the most romantic chick of all.
B2-Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.