AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-06, 02:47   Link #201
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
Spoiler for Episode 9, extreme spoilers:

Episode 9 Rating: 9.5/10
Agreed, this episode depressed me quite a bit
Old 2011-05-06, 06:15   Link #202
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 9:
Old 2011-05-06, 06:38   Link #203
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Spoiler for Episode 9:
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 09:01   Link #204
Dop
We can't stop here...

Spoiler for ep 9:

Last edited by Dop; 2011-05-06 at 11:35.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 11:03   Link #205
Peanutbutter

Spoiler for Ep 9:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 13:35   Link #206
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

I can only say that Minami was too young to be scarred so deeply. That scar is something she will carry for the rest of her life.

The only thing good out of the bad was that she had that small window of time to stay beside her.
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 13:35   Link #207
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 9:
Old 2011-05-06, 14:32   Link #208
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Was that a BUNT I saw in the preview?
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 14:34   Link #209
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Not surprised at all and i know it will happen, origami cranes in the ED sequence spoiler already the fate of Yuki (expecially if you know the story of Sadako Sasaki and the 1000 cranes), don't remeber if they speaking about Yuki ill but i'm sure was leukemia.
Apart this the drama is do very well after 8 episodes of mediocrity.

Current manga list
Claymore | Yumekui Merry | Uwa Koi | Toyko Ghoul | Akame ga Kill | Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio | Gokukoku no Brynhildr | Monster Musume | Freezing

Last edited by Fnights; 2011-05-06 at 15:07.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 15:02   Link #210
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Bright Noa would be proud of Jiro.
Old 2011-05-06, 15:38   Link #211
MontyAI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Yeah. The coach's gonna be pissed.
MontyAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 15:41   Link #212
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I prefer to think of it as a very weak swing.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 15:44   Link #213
Procrastinator_CA
Laborus Tardis

Quote:
That better be a slap bunt...
Procrastinator_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 15:46   Link #214
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procrastinator_CA View Post
That better be a slap bunt...
Herein lies a truth that the anime really hasn't addressed so far - any philosophy that's so rigid that it can't adapt to the situation isn't a good philosophy for real life. It applies to Drucker (which is much more adaptable than what the series has shown so far) , and it applies to baseball, too. If "no-ball, no-bunt" is a good strategy at all - and I have grave doubts as a lifelong baseball addict - it certainly isn't a good one if you don't adapt to the game situations. No strategy is. But, with it definitely looking like a Hodo player is bunting in the PV, maybe this is a conundrum Moshidora is going to confront after all.
Old 2011-05-06, 17:19   Link #215
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Quote:
Herein lies a truth that the anime really hasn't addressed so far - any philosophy that's so rigid that it can't adapt to the situation isn't a good philosophy for real life. It applies to Drucker (which is much more adaptable than what the series has shown so far) , and it applies to baseball, too. If "no-ball, no-bunt" is a good strategy at all - and I have grave doubts as a lifelong baseball addict - it certainly isn't a good one if you don't adapt to the game situations. No strategy is. But, with it definitely looking like a Hodo player is bunting in the PV, maybe this is a conundrum Moshidora is going to confront after all.
Changing strategies is advised in the professional leagues. However, given Hodo's previous failures to implement popular strategy, it can be considered a weakness neutralized by the no-bunt no-ball strategy, which I assume to be the strong point of coach Makoto. At the high school level, more important than being unpredictable is being predictably great. Given their relative inexperience at the tournament level and the limited time frame Hodo had to work out their no-bunt no-ball strategy, the management decided priority should go toward focusing on their strengths instead of their weaknesses. Perhaps with more time and experience in Nationals, Hodo's future management team will focus on the development, innovation, and training of other tactics to supplement their main no-bunt no-ball strategy. Indeed, mixing up the game plan is common at higher levels of any competitive sport.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 20:54   Link #216
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I've wondered all day why Minami wore that mask. Since the team was also puzzled, it can't be some Japanese custom. I thought people wore those masks from fear of illness (or, sadly more lately, fallout), but that can't be the reason in Minami's case. Was she trying to hide her emotions by covering her face?
Spoiler for ep 9:
When she takes off the mask, does it symbolize Minami's decision to enjoy baseball once again?

We're back, I think, to the conversation between Minami and Yuuki about the value of baseball. Minami's disappointment arises from her focus on the result, becoming a professional player, rather than enjoying the process itself. (Her father didn't help matters any.) If Minami has changed her mind about baseball, I see her decision as largely accepting Yuuki's point of view. I don't think that makes Minami any less intent on going to Koushien, but it might soften the blow if Hodo doesn't win in episode ten.
Old 2011-05-06, 21:27   Link #217
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I've wondered all day why Minami wore that mask. Since the team was also puzzled, it can't be some Japanese custom. I thought people wore those masks from fear of illness (or, sadly more lately, fallout), but that can't be the reason in Minami's case. Was she trying to hide her emotions by covering her face?
One of the players said it was to hide the red mark from where Jil slapped her.
Old 2011-05-06, 22:05   Link #218
Peanutbutter

Beautiful ending.

Spoiler for Ep 10:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 22:28   Link #219
ipodi

Spoiler for episode 10:

In the end, I am surprised that I have actually grown to be somewhat emotionally attached to the show and Minami. I didn't expect that to happen since I don't watch anime and the only reason I picked this up is because of an article in The Economist. Who knows? Maybe I'll start watching anime again... if I can find a good series, that is.
ipodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 23:31   Link #220
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Spoiler for ep 9:
When she takes off the mask, does it symbolize Minami's decision to enjoy baseball once again?

We're back, I think, to the conversation between Minami and Yuuki about the value of baseball. Minami's disappointment arises from her focus on the result, becoming a professional player, rather than enjoying the process itself. (Her father didn't help matters any.) If Minami has changed her mind about baseball, I see her decision as largely accepting Yuuki's point of view. I don't think that makes Minami any less intent on going to Koushien, but it might soften the blow if Hodo doesn't win in episode ten.
I figure Minami would be doing that out of guilt over what she has said and done to the team and then running away when her team mates need her the most, only to be brought back by A... Ayano? I can't really remember what's the name of that "Eh, ah, hai" co-manager. She took them off after realizing her team mates already forgave her and needs her support the most at that time.

Just my two cents.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, drama, production i.g.