AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-09-18, 21:54   Link #2201
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Wait. Spallow now is called Spark instead? Its name in the scan is kinda blurry, but I'm pretty sure it's read as Spark, not Spallow.

And it's kinda sad that people are reminded of 00Raiser from AGE-2 instead of Arios. Allelujah really gets no love.

Logical thinking, it'd be: RX-78-2 -> Z -> ZZ. I guess they are heading that direction.
Old 2011-09-18, 21:59   Link #2202
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I'm calling fake, mainly because two designs look way too much like the 00 Raiser and ZZ Gundam. It's gotta be crafty fan art. Remember the fake Raphael back-pack Gundam that was shown like a day before the movie?
Except that image just came on it's own, this one came in a document with text and all, which doesn't mean anything but makes it look "more believable" so to speak (IE, the guy went through more trouble than just shopping a lineart, aside from some possible shoddy cleanups that is.

That said, it hasn't appeared on the official site so that makes me a skeptic, but personally I'm hoping it's real because I love the AGE-2. Probably because 00 Raiser is my top design from Gundam 00. I guess we'll know in due time.

On a more nostalgic note....I also remember when 00 Gundam first came out right after S1 a lot of people thought it was a fanart when it turned out to be real. Although it's probably not fair to compare the two situations because 00 Gundam was more of an original design than the "current AGE-2 and 3" that we have seen.
Old 2011-09-18, 22:03   Link #2203
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
... fake or not, I really like the AGE-2's design. AGE-3 is a bit too heavy-weaponsish for me, but I'm sure it'll get streamlined into something else as the design is finalized.

And the AGE-2 having an mobile armor form? Awesome.

I imagine with all of these extra forms the AGE-2 and 3 will have, Bandai is going to have a field day.
It would be kinda off if AGE-3 always had that look throughout the show. It has more of a special weapons-every-now-and-then look. I'd like to see a more traditional default AGE-3 with no extras.

So, this stuff is real then? Seems really really early to be showing us all this. I mean we've barely seen AGE-1 in action and now they're giving us details on AGE-2 and 3?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 22:19   Link #2204
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Well, AGE-3 is tagged with "Combined MS" label, so I'm not surprised if those are just extra stuffs.

We're not even sure if other forms of AGE-2 and AGE-3 are going to based on their base form, or the "core" form (subtract all those additional parts).
Old 2011-09-18, 22:24   Link #2205
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
It would be kinda off if AGE-3 always had that look throughout the show. It has more of a special weapons-every-now-and-then look. I'd like to see a more traditional default AGE-3 with no extras.

So, this stuff is real then? Seems really really early to be showing us all this. I mean we've barely seen AGE-1 in action and now they're giving us details on AGE-2 and 3?
We don't know whether it's real or not, it hasn't appeared on the official site as far as I know.

The mechs we see suspiciously fits the description given by the future AGE machines not too long ago, with elements from series like 00 being mentioned to be involved. That makes this a bit suspicious because fans react to these sort of things. I recall fanaty being made for 00 Movie Gundams based solely on their text description at the time (this was of course before even the earlier prototype versions were released to the public). So this art might be a reaction as well.

My opinion on the actual document see is that it's real but I suck as seeing shoddy editing so I suck at telling. If it is fake though, somebody went through a lot of effort to make the document to make it seemed like it came from a magazine or such, rather than just say releasing the lineart by it's own.
Old 2011-09-18, 22:31   Link #2206
maknaedik

True that, Age-2 looks like 00 Raiser and Age-3 looks like ZZ. I like the Age-2's design only because it looks like 00 Raiser. I like Age-3 not because it looks like Age-3, but because it's been a long time since we have a BIG lead MS
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 23:09   Link #2207
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!

Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
AGE-2's MA form looks like the tip of Raising Heart
Old 2011-09-18, 23:46   Link #2208
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

AGE-2 looks closer to the 00 Qan[T], actually--specifically, one of the prototype designs before the animated preview and final designs. The four wings hanging off its shoulders is reminiscent of the four GN-Sword Bits hanging off of the GN-Drive chassis in the particular design.

The legs, though, do look reminiscent of the Arios and/or Harute.
Old 2011-09-18, 23:49   Link #2209
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!

Ya know after staring at the design for a bit, I love AGE-3. Did anyone notice that the two bottom silhouettes for AGE 2 and 3 are all blacked out except the chest? Even the head is blocked out. Just something I took notice of.
Old 2011-09-19, 00:58   Link #2210
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
AGE-2 looks closer to the 00 Qan[T], actually--specifically, one of the prototype designs before the animated preview and final designs. The four wings hanging off its shoulders is reminiscent of the four GN-Sword Bits hanging off of the GN-Drive chassis in the particular design.

Its being stated as a "variable/transformable" MS there, so maybe that's why.

Quote:
Ya know after staring at the design for a bit, I love AGE-3. Did anyone notice that the two bottom silhouettes for AGE 2 and 3 are all blacked out except the chest? Even the head is blocked out. Just something I took notice of.
I think we should hold our breaths first before we start loving these designs; in case they're not real.

But its so hard............
Old 2011-09-19, 01:09   Link #2211
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!

It's too late for me.

You guys save yourselves while you can.
Old 2011-09-19, 01:40   Link #2212
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:

If it is a shop, I wonder if the guy actually used that as the lineart base? Its not impossible.

Now that I think about it, I want to retake a look at that old Qan(T) pic if anybody has it. Because this does a look a little bit too familiar to me too, and not just because its similar to 00 Raiser. I had not considered searching inside my mind for references of the prototype 00 Qan(T) and now it starting to ring one or two bells. I also noticed that in the AGE 2 lineart, some parts appear luminous over each other. The whole pic also looked like its taken of a computer monitor. Also Great Mechanics DX 18 mentioned that AGE-2 would be of a more modern design style like somewhere in between Wing to 00 while the AGE 3 is suppose to be a new style. This AGE-2 fits the description but AGE 3 is off because its obviously not a new design style.

Quote:
It's too late for me.

You guys save yourselves while you can.
Same here, those wings, they're hypnotizing. We're both headed for the abyss of doom and disappointment it seems. Also, from what I've heard, Spallow's name is badly misspelled in the pic. Someone mentioned that its spelled Spark here instead, not a good sign of this being real.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2011-09-19 at 02:36.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 03:04   Link #2213
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
... fake or not, I really like the AGE-2's design. AGE-3 is a bit too heavy-weaponsish for me, but I'm sure it'll get streamlined into something else as the design is finalized.

And the AGE-2 having an mobile armor form? Awesome.

I imagine with all of these extra forms the AGE-2 and 3 will have, Bandai is going to have a field day.
I think the MA form is its backpack, something like 0 Raiser.

But I'm with Nosferatu, it's most likely fake. The designers couldn't have planned that far, could they?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 04:56   Link #2214
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Probably someone drew it to rescue the franchise.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 05:01   Link #2215
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
Probably someone drew it to rescue the franchise.
...and what's that supposed to mean?
Old 2011-09-19, 05:11   Link #2216
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Well, the "fake" tag is being thrown around a lot... but then, how many people remember how they called the lineart of the 00 Gundam "fake" when it first appeared?

Can't deny that there are convincing looking fakes out there (like the supposed design for the Seravee II, which did look entirely fake the first time I saw it), but these designs, along with the info last page suggest that they're not "fake" per se. Rather, they look to be "prototype" images in the same vein as that one Gundam 00 movie trailer showing off the Gundams in their initial designs. These may or may not be the final designs for the Gundams themselves.

And yes, designers actually do plan that far ahead at times. Especially if you have a story about a conflict involving 100 years over 3 generations. Heck, we already know there will be an AGE-2 and AGE-3, and we already know who Asem and Kio are despite being possible spoilers. Most of the time they have the plan worked out, but need to iron out the details.

On Perspective: "Depending on who you talk to, twintails are either ponytails multiplied by two, or divided by two.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 05:19   Link #2217
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Probably the leak, but I kept asking around if it's fake or not (along with several other ones), and the question is invisible or something, not a single one actually answer or just give us a "I don't know".
I'll keep my doubt until it's proven true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Now that I think about it, I want to retake a look at that old Qan(T) pic if anybody has it. Because this does a look a little bit too familiar to me too, and not just because its similar to 00 Raiser.
Old 2011-09-19, 05:25   Link #2218
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!

The main reason I think they're fake (hope they aren't though) is that it's far too early to be showing off the designs. We barely seen anything from the series other than the AGE itself and the Gafran. It's all just too hasty.
Old 2011-09-19, 05:26   Link #2219
Saga_CE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Wait. Spallow now is called Spark instead? Its name in the scan is kinda blurry, but I'm pretty sure it's read as Spark, not Spallow.
This.
I'm calling for fake.
Old 2011-09-19, 06:48   Link #2220
Skye629

http://m.gundammodelkits.com/gundam-age.html
Chsck out this promotional image from a few weeks back and look at the shadows, I think this is real or concept art, IDK about the said Spallow typo or whatever it is though since I cant read japanese....

Just to clarify for those who could not see it the shadow on the right reselmbles the AGE-2 unit greatly (notice the shape of the binders or whatever the heck they are? As for the one on the left the angle and no outstanding parts makes it extremely hard to tell though I think its right due to the mass of body compared to the head size....

Lastly no these r not shadows of the confirmed AGE-1 Variations the shadows do not match up at all no matter how u look at it......

Last edited by Skye629; 2011-09-19 at 07:01.
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote