AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-11-12, 02:34   Link #2701
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
No, not even close to as bad as AGE is. Its still a darn good timeslot, so one could argue that it should be helping AGE rather than hindering it.

The ratings are starting to rise, so we'll have to wait and see how it goes. 4 was okay but 5 was abysmal to me so I find it ironic that the ratings would rise now. I wonder if the Woolf and Decil had anything to do with it?
I doubt it. If anything, it's always gonna be the character designs that people use to make it ok to hate the show.

I for one have no issues with Decil being a UE pilot, if the rumor plays out. No different than real world child soldiers. Also, Ender's Game anyone?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 03:07   Link #2702
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post
It would be a shame to see it cancel cause the raging fanboys crying like 5 year old little bitches cause Sunrise isn't catering to their tastes.
I think you're blaming the wrong crowd here. The success or failure of AGE will not depend on "fanboys" who rage on the internet, but on whether there are enough people who contribute to the ratings and buy the merchandise.

Just look at SEED Destiny. There were/are plenty of "fanboys" who raged over it and yet it wasn't cancelled.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 03:13   Link #2703
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: West Virginia, USA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I doubt it. If anything, it's always gonna be the character designs that people use to make it ok to hate the show.

I for one have no issues with Decil being a UE pilot, if the rumor plays out. No different than real world child soldiers. Also, Ender's Game anyone?
More like sole reason why the ratings are low and the constant hate


I wonder if all UE pilots are going to have the same powers as Decil and Yurin or is it just going to be a select few?
__________________


Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 06:49   Link #2704
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hot Non-Winter Place
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I think you're blaming the wrong crowd here. The success or failure of AGE will not depend on "fanboys" who rage on the internet, but on whether there are enough people who contribute to the ratings and buy the merchandise.

Just look at SEED Destiny. There were/are plenty of "fanboys" who raged over it and yet it wasn't cancelled.
I thought Destiny was actually well received in Japan and it's more of the western fans that hated it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Someone sent me this link, don't know who. But I thank them. Looks like those leaked designs could just be real after all.

http://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/vi...extra=page%3D1
Almost a confirmation that they're real actually, which makes me happy regarding the AGE-2 Normal. Not that it's totally surprising because its a very Ebikawa-like design anyways. AGE-3 though might be a bit peculiar for one of his but I still say he did it if not by virtue of doing AGE-1 and likeliness of doing AGE-2.

Now that I look at it in model form, it looks more like Rasiel than 00 Raiser.
__________________
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 06:55   Link #2705
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Earth
Age: 25
I'm really happy that Age 2 is real, it looks great among the three

With the model of the second generation coming out, looks like each generation will have about 13 episodes afterall?
__________________
その再生を破壊する
Destroy This Rebirth
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 07:04   Link #2706
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hot Non-Winter Place
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...083370929.jpg/

I think this might be confirmation on the pilot of the G-Exes. He got the white "Gundam" afterall.

Explains why the Genoace Custom is so useless.
__________________
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 07:06   Link #2707
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Earth
Age: 25
Lol....so much for the mysteries. The only thing it's missing is the wolf insignia

BTW, AGE-2 Normal is equipped with Hyper Dots/Dods Rifle and shield
__________________
その再生を破壊する
Destroy This Rebirth
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 07:48   Link #2708
solidvanz
Special Operative
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: East Malaysia
Age: 29
Send a message via Yahoo to solidvanz
New MS grunt appears for the 2nd arc, I guess?
Spoiler for Atel(?):
__________________
solidvanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 08:35   Link #2709
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidvanz View Post
New MS grunt appears for the 2nd arc, I guess?
Spoiler for Atel(?):
It could be or it might be a custom Genoace considering the design from the side story this would be a rather conventional modification.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../K45GA4602.jpg
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 09:42   Link #2710
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Earth
Age: 25
The scan did say that it's "2nd generation ally mobile suit"

Heh, Eibikawa really looks the 'blue weapon connector' design, AGE-2 normal is like straight out of 00
__________________
その再生を破壊する
Destroy This Rebirth
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 10:10   Link #2711
casval cehack
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...083370929.jpg/

I think this might be confirmation on the pilot of the G-Exes. He got the white "Gundam" afterall.

Explains why the Genoace Custom is so useless.
And so unutilized. Aside from the wolf insignia, the G-Exes even have some pseudo "ear" protrusions on its head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidvanz View Post
New MS grunt appears for the 2nd arc, I guess?
Spoiler for Atel(?):
Despite the Genoace head, this Atel MS inherited alot of AGE-1 designs. I guess the AGE tech has finally been adopted and mass produced by Asem's time. Finally, the end of beam flashlights.

Is it me, or the AGE-2 does look it's transformable?
__________________
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 10:19   Link #2712
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Earth
Age: 25
The new mass produced MS is equipped with Beam Rifle and shield...

If the leak was right, AGE-2 can transform into a waverider-ish mode
__________________
その再生を破壊する
Destroy This Rebirth
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 12:47   Link #2713
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hot Non-Winter Place
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
So about the new MP unit, does the name say Atel?

I'm surprised that this is not the Genoace II given that it has the Genoace head. Now I'm wondering how the Genoace II will look like. Atel was of course the name of one of the new mobile suits placed at HLJ alongside the AGE-2 Normal and Genoace II.
__________________
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 16:36   Link #2714
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post
Well I hope it completes its run too since I was one of the only few people who was actually excited for this series. I'm actually really enjoying it sure some of the character designs will take time getting used to, but overall it has a great story so far.

I am disappoint with this fanbase to be honest. If its not UC or it dares to do something different then its utter trash that needs to die. Dx

I also hope that it will succeed even if it don't I'll just be happy that it will be able to complete its run and that Bandai USA will license it regardless of wither its subbed or dubbed I'm going to buy it just so I can rub it in the haters faces.

Edit: If SD Gundam could complete its run I don't see why this can't.
Yeah the Gundam fandom, at least part of it, is like the textbook definition of the unpleasable fanbase possibly for all time that I've seen. I sometimes have to question if some of them ever liked Gundam to begin with or how they ever even got involved with the franchise in the first place with the degree to which they complain about seemingly everything under the sun to do with Gundam. It seems impossible that they could actually be genuine Gundam fans.

Yeah...it continues to be an unending source of embarrassment for me as a true Gundam fan who genuinely appreciates the franchise as a whole. I mean some of my buddies that I've tried to get into Gundam are too scared to post in this forum for the most part now cause they don't want to get roped into the overwhelming negativity that emanates from it at times. They love what I've shown them so far, they just want little or nothing to do with the fans cause they're kind of freaked out by them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Someone sent me this link, don't know who. But I thank them. Looks like those leaked designs could just be real after all.

http://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/vi...extra=page%3D1
Don't forget that if the linked designs do turn out to be real then they are automatically and forever terrible abominations of designs to the internet because of leaps of logic that are kind of hard for to explain in words (the best I can describe it is because they were doubted as fakes during the leak stage that doubt becomes apprehension as the possibility of truth arises which ultimately becomes immediate dismissal if confirmed to be legit) since they are after all leaps of logic.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 17:20   Link #2715
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
So, over at mechatalk, someone posted links to HLJ.com that had place holder pages for upcoming second generation MS for Gundam AGE. MS included the AGE 2, Adele, Genoace II, and something called an "Enemy ACE". All with release dates coming relatively soon, January and February. Which leads me to believe that the generation arches will be about 12 episodes long. So that means our time with Flit is coming to a close soon. If you read the episode summaries of 8 and 9, you see that there is a climatic feel to them. From now till the end of December, will be episodes 5-12, and if history is any indicator, we'll get that week long break at the start of January, and the second generation will start maybe January 8th or something. Just my theory

But I'd start getting ready to see more of these new MS soon.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 18:14   Link #2716
PzIVf3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere at Earth
Sales not pretty good for Age models. I guess thats the reason they forced to leak out the next new model for Age-2 and Genoace II.



As for the Age-2 is transformable fighter is a yes. I wonder if there upgrade for the UE?
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 19:28   Link #2717
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 20
So that AGE-2 design we saw was real? Yes! Gets me thinking, though: Will the AGE-2's variants be transformable as well?

I'm not liking how it looks a bit too much like the AGE-1/RX-78-2, though. Particularly the front skirts. I'll see how that goes along, but I'm happy for this confirmation.

And thus we can assume the AGE-3 design we saw was real as well...?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 19:37   Link #2718
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
So that AGE-2 design we saw was real? Yes! Gets me thinking, though: Will the AGE-2's variants be transformable as well?

I'm not liking how it looks a bit too much like the AGE-1/RX-78-2, though. Particularly the front skirts. I'll see how that goes along, but I'm happy for this confirmation.

And thus we can assume the AGE-3 design we saw was real as well...?
Most likely, AGE-3 will probably have a few minor cosmetic changes like the AGE-2 did.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 19:45   Link #2719
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hot Non-Winter Place
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
So, over at mechatalk, someone posted links to HLJ.com that had place holder pages for upcoming second generation MS for Gundam AGE. MS included the AGE 2, Adele, Genoace II, and something called an "Enemy ACE". All with release dates coming relatively soon, January and February. Which leads me to believe that the generation arches will be about 12 episodes long. So that means our time with Flit is coming to a close soon. If you read the episode summaries of 8 and 9, you see that there is a climatic feel to them. From now till the end of December, will be episodes 5-12, and if history is any indicator, we'll get that week long break at the start of January, and the second generation will start maybe January 8th or something. Just my theory

But I'd start getting ready to see more of these new MS soon.
I have a strange feeling that the generations are not going to be equally distributed. Call it a hunch.

Hoping it might be Asem's because the dreamy AGE-2 is what he will be piloting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Sales not pretty good for Age models. I guess thats the reason they forced to leak out the next new model for Age-2 and Genoace II.

As for the Age-2 is transformable fighter is a yes. I wonder if there upgrade for the UE?
Would be good if we had real data on the actual sales but that's impossible. I reckon a price cut that steep on even one shop is not a good sign in general especially considering how new AGE is even if there's a chance it might not be representative.

Also, I believe the Genoace II's design is not known yet. They've only revealed the Adel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
So that AGE-2 design we saw was real? Yes! Gets me thinking, though: Will the AGE-2's variants be transformable as well?

I'm not liking how it looks a bit too much like the AGE-1/RX-78-2, though. Particularly the front skirts. I'll see how that goes along, but I'm happy for this confirmation.

And thus we can assume the AGE-3 design we saw was real as well...?
No, we cannot see this as a confirmation of AGE-3 because unlike AGE-2 which got a real ad, the AGE-3 has only appeared in concept art and changes could be made; if not a whole redesign (its always possible). Even for the 00 Movie Gundams, some of them got re-designed and changes (Qan(T), Zabanya) form concept to final more than others (Raphael, Harute).

It does however greatly increase the likelyness that the AGE-3 we saw in the chart will be mostly the AGE-3 we see officially by virtue of the chart being correct about AGE-2 but by no means have we confirmed it. We can now discuss the concept of AGE-3 being very ZZ like in a total serious discussion with a decent likelyhood but by no means can we consider it a fact "yet".

While most of the design made it into the final, I like the concept version more though; mainly because the torso and feet being red. But most of it made it in. Interested in seeing the actual lineart though because models can give you a different feeling when viewing them.
__________________
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 19:54   Link #2720
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Most likely, AGE-3 will probably have a few minor cosmetic changes like the AGE-2 did.
Ah, I noticed that after I posted. I'm not liking the changes, though, the AGE-2 seems to have been simplified a bit. Of course, it could be just the lack of detail in the GB kits, which I'm hoping is the case.

I wish they'd get rid of the yellow front skirts, though. Resembles the AGE-1/RX-78-2 too much. Or at least give it yellow side skirts to match like the "original" lineart we saw to differentiate things a little more.

Also - I just noticed the huge fin on its back. I'm assuming it transforms like how the Kyrios does in 00 - and its wings might serve as swords, I'm guessing?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.