AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-06, 23:08   Link #2921
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Keep in mind that Japan has a very mixed view towards the Origin. Most of them loved it when it started out, started to hate it soon afterwards then really hated it at points and finally went "eh" once it ended. Just because it's the original Gundam doesn't mean it'll do astronomically well.
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 00:06   Link #2922
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Exactly, i wouldn't worry about Gundam as a whole, it's fine with both the Seed remaster and UC currently running.
From Sunrise and Bandai's point of view, they really need a younger generation of fans for the franchise though, which neither Seed nor UC is meant for. That's what AGE was meant to get. Gundam was able to stay viable for so long because they were able to appeal to kids and teens (as evident in the rating breakdowns) who stick with the franchise as they grow up.

00 and AGE apparently have both been pretty bad at attracting this younger audience, and that means 5 years of little to no growth of Gundam fandom, so Bandai might be getting a bit nervous about the long-term viability of the franchise right about now...
__________________
Copyright © 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 01:04   Link #2923
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
They'll never put the series on hiatus like Toho did with Godzilla though. Too much money to be made.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 07:40   Link #2924
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Keep in mind that Japan has a very mixed view towards the Origin. Most of them loved it when it started out, started to hate it soon afterwards then really hated it at points and finally went "eh" once it ended. Just because it's the original Gundam doesn't mean it'll do astronomically well.
I'm still sure it's going to be a cashcow, it might even attract new fans aswell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
From Sunrise and Bandai's point of view, they really need a younger generation of fans for the franchise though, which neither Seed nor UC is meant for. That's what AGE was meant to get. Gundam was able to stay viable for so long because they were able to appeal to kids and teens (as evident in the rating breakdowns) who stick with the franchise as they grow up.

00 and AGE apparently have both been pretty bad at attracting this younger audience, and that means 5 years of little to no growth of Gundam fandom, so Bandai might be getting a bit nervous about the long-term viability of the franchise right about now...
Oh yeah, i understand that, but with AGE they failed to attract a new younger audience, they should just air some SD gateway show instead.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 08:15   Link #2925
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
They just finished airing one, but judging from what they've said and done I'm guessing SD Gundam shows don't really lead kids to watch the mainstream Gundam shows enough to their liking. They are pretty different by nature, and BB senshi models probably don't make enough money for Bandai.
__________________
Copyright © 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 10:53   Link #2926
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 24
true, that's why i meant that they should make a gateway SD show, something a tad bit more exciting than the current ones
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 00:17   Link #2927
Terrestrial Dream
勇者
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tesla Leicht Institute
Age: 24
So I haven't followed Gundam for awhile and noticed that there is a new series. From initial look I thought it was a spin-off show (like the SD series), but it seems that this is a new Gundam. So without spoiler how is the series? It looks more on the side of G Gundam rather than usual normal Gundam.
__________________
Terrestrial Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 00:23   Link #2928
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
So I haven't followed Gundam for awhile and noticed that there is a new series. From initial look I thought it was a spin-off show (like the SD series), but it seems that this is a new Gundam. So without spoiler how is the series? It looks more on the side of G Gundam rather than usual normal Gundam.
G-Gundam? No not at all. I'm assuming you're getting that from seeing the Titus Gundam with the big red shoulders and fists. As or how good it is, I'm not gonna open that pandora's box. I like it and have enjoyed it thus ar with only a few complaints. Mainly regarding tech issues. If you're really interested in the show, go watch a few episodes and see for yourself.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 09:37   Link #2929
Kagura89
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Malaysia
http://spy-air.tumblr.com/post/15395...le-suit-gundam
Second ED song "My World" by SPYAIR, radio rip version.
__________________
Kagura89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 12:16   Link #2930
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Me like...

The hopefully harder sound and faster beat reflects a shift in the show itself too.
__________________
Copyright © 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 18:25   Link #2931
PzIVf3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere at Earth
Another side story?
http://websunday.net/age/

Last edited by PzIVf3; 2012-01-17 at 18:39.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 18:54   Link #2932
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Largan survives!!!
__________________
Copyright © 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 19:08   Link #2933
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Yeah, but does this mean he's now demoted out of the anime?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 19:23   Link #2934
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Germany, most of the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Yeah, but does this mean he's now demoted out of the anime?
Ah. I see cameo appearances in the future. We will see our Gundam Nice GuyTM command his own squadron of elite Genoaces appearing just when the situation is most dire. Largan is so bad-ass that he'll be Gundam's savior.
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 19:28   Link #2935
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist_Classic View Post
Ah. I see cameo appearances in the future. We will see our Gundam Nice GuyTM command his own squadron of elite Genoaces appearing just when the situation is most dire. Largan is so bad-ass that he'll be Gundam's savior.
As long as I get to see him in in the series, I'll take what I can get.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 21:41   Link #2936
Rennir
Requiem of Dreams
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Beneath the prodigious sky...
So I just picked up this series and I finished episode 8. My impression so far is lukewarm, but its definitely getting better. Anyways, is it just me or does the AGE builder seem like a huge deus ex machina? Every time Flit encounters a new enemy that's really strong, he just has to not die for the first few encounters while AGE collects data, and by the nth, encounter the AGE builder spits out something that can defeat the enemy. I'm not seeing much growth as a pilot IMO, but I do realize that I'm only a bit less than halfway through his story so we'll see. And if the AGE builder thing changes later on, my mistake

The only other issue I have is the fact that no one other than Flit and Woolf seem to be able to do anything so far...I mean I realize that they have to make the side characters less strong/have older suits, but I feel bad for Lagran for getting beaten so many times in his genoace He clearly is an experienced pilot if Flit was looking to him to pilot AGE back in episode 1, yet now he can't even defeat one of the UEs? A good pilot should be able to kick a** in any type of suit.
__________________
Rennir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 21:51   Link #2937
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Germany, most of the time.
Wow. Episode 8 seems like such a long time ago. I guess I'm still giddy from the last 2-3 episodes when character development and plot progressed.

As to your first issue, the AGE Builder does spit out designs that enhances Gundam AGE-1 (and later on another platform) survivability, but it's not over-used. It's not a mass-production assembly line and it has been used rather sparingly.

As for the second, this will eventually even out, but the UE's weaponry is much superior to what the Diva can field.
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 22:31   Link #2938
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
A good pilot should be able to kick a** in any type of suit.
That is demonstrably false. Don't be listening to Char.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 22:35   Link #2939
Rennir
Requiem of Dreams
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Beneath the prodigious sky...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist_Classic View Post
Wow. Episode 8 seems like such a long time ago. I guess I'm still giddy from the last 2-3 episodes when character development and plot progressed.

As to your first issue, the AGE Builder does spit out designs that enhances Gundam AGE-1 (and later on another platform) survivability, but it's not over-used. It's not a mass-production assembly line and it has been used rather sparingly.

As for the second, this will eventually even out, but the UE's weaponry is much superior to what the Diva can field.
I know, but it seems like Flit hasn't actually grown much as a pilot so far and a big part of his success can be attributed to an improved suit rather than his skills as a pilot.

Well I'm glad that's addressed later on, but that also brings me to my next point, which is the fact that the UE seem to come and go as they please without much consequence due to the disparity in technology before the AGE-1. They took out Angel, Nora, and would've taken out Fardain if it weren't for Flit and Woolf. So what's their goal? If it was to destroy the human race, they could have done it any time before the creation of the AGE-1 with little consequence. Even a few UEs can wreak havoc on a colony. And judging by the size of their ship, I'd say there's definitely enough of them. So why the selective attacks?
__________________
Rennir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 22:43   Link #2940
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
We are presumably learning their goal in the next episode.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.