AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-30, 15:39   Link #3361
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hot Non-Winter Place
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Japan seems to agree with you, judging from the ratings and sales, etc.

Honestly the show goes from:

Good > Fucking Fardain > Decent > HYPER MEGA PARTICLE PHOTON BLASTAR > Great! > Age-2 ! > Damnit Ko... i mean, Asemu! > KORE WA DOUBLE BARRETTOO NO SHIKARA DAAA > Super Pairotto > Kio is kind of a cool guy. > Yeah, Kio sucks. > UNDERSTANDING
Wow, that's actually a decent summary.
__________________
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 16:35   Link #3362
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 24
Why thank you!
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 16:40   Link #3363
veritatis cupitor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: patna, india
Age: 25
haha that summary works for me too.
__________________
ARIGATOU GOZAIMASU TRANSLATOR SAN.
veritatis cupitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 22:09   Link #3364
Raysoul
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
How so? would you like to elaborate? i'd like to hear what would make or break it for you
Personal opinion?

Every Gundam show is being bashed. That makes them as bad as other shows, aside from UC, which is now a classic.

Now if AGE pulls of an ending (on TV or by a form of a Movie) that is satisfying (Good Battle scenes, how the story would end), then I can say that this is a good show. I still haven't heard of a Gundam series (aside from UC timeline) that shouts "Amazing ending!"
__________________
Gundam Age > 00 + Seed Combined
Raysoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 22:49   Link #3365
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Every Gundam series is a trainwreck and the only thing worse than the last Gundam series is the one that's currently airing until it's over at which point it becomes a revered classic in a little over a year.
Well said.
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 23:09   Link #3366
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
I gotta be the only AGE fan who was OK with the Fardain arc in Flit's story. The sound effects for the Zalem and Euba mono-eye flashing was awesome.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 04:51   Link #3367
Araxiel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cambridge
It's just dawned on me why Obright's still using a Genoace rather than a newer frame. Sure, it was old-fashioned in gen2, but I put that down to just being more used to it as the senior pilot.
In gen3, he's got what's probably the same damn machine, with a pile of upgrades so it can keep up. Why?
Because Remi worked on that machine, and sad as this fact is, that Genoace is practically the only thing he has left of her. Plus, he's sentimental enough to call the Diva his home, that old Genoace is probably considered a member of the family to him.
__________________
Araxiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 15:20   Link #3368
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
This is more of a general post for myself to refer back to in a couple months than anything, but I'm going to list off the key plot points that ought to be wrapped up by the time the finale's over like I did way back during Gundam 00. For reference that show only had one major loose thread that wasn't wrapped up by the end and it was dealt with in the movie anyway:

1. Flit's whole revenge arc and trying to become a savior and/or exterminator of the Vagans ought to reach a conclusion

2. Asemu's whole arc of trying to resolve the conflict and his hunt for EXA-DB and attempts to reason with and save Zeheart from what is starting to look like a suicide mission

3. Kio's quest to try to bridge the gap between the Earthers and the Vagans relationship.

4. Ezelcant's plan and the resolution and/or failure of it

5. The whole deal with finding and locating EXA-DB and what it's true nature is. Sort of ties into Asem's plotline but I'm speaking more strictly about defining the history and mystery of it

6. Zeheart and Fram's fate. Do they switch sides, stay the course or die trying whatever it is

7. The war itself obviously as to reach some sort of conclusion

8. Zanald's plans to stab Ezcelcant in the back at some point and take over Vagan for himself

That's about it that I can think of off the top of my head

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I gotta be the only AGE fan who was OK with the Fardain arc in Flit's story. The sound effects for the Zalem and Euba mono-eye flashing was awesome.
I think peoples issue with the Fardain arc primarily stems from the fact that it happened at a time where Age was still considered "kiddie Gundam" and that it probably did the most to reinforce that notion (Things like Don's yes men, and the little kid and her father with the hard hat mobile suit) which lead to a tremendous amount of butthurt and the label of "worst arc". It's just a really easy arc for tryhard bashers to find the stuff that was popular to shit on during Age's early days, but it was also the first arc to introduce a lot of the world building and universe back story like the Silver Chalice Treaty, Colony Wars and EF corruption and thus pretty fucking important in the grand scope of the series.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 20:15   Link #3369
galdr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
You forgot about Lu's brother fate. Though I guess it isn't considered major plot point.
galdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 22:45   Link #3370
Raysoul
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Random guess, Deen will be the one of those who will help Kio. There is no reason that Deen will be an enemy.
__________________
Gundam Age > 00 + Seed Combined
Raysoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 22:50   Link #3371
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Maybe Deen was the one in the pod. Maybe Ezelcant decided to "augment" him. :V
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 02:08   Link #3372
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
I will laugh so hard if that's actually Dean in the test tube lol. He's definitely one of the few people who might help Kio though, if not the only one...He didn't seem pissed off when he saw Kio take off in the AGE-3, so I don't think he resents him, after all, Kio did get some of those pills for Lu and made her happy before she died. If he's in the test tube then he would also have to thank Kio for giving Ezelcant data to build his Legilis.
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 16:13   Link #3373
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I think peoples issue with the Fardain arc primarily stems from the fact that it happened at a time where Age was still considered "kiddie Gundam" and that it probably did the most to reinforce that notion (Things like Don's yes men, and the little kid and her father with the hard hat mobile suit) which lead to a tremendous amount of butthurt and the label of "worst arc". It's just a really easy arc for tryhard bashers to find the stuff that was popular to shit on during Age's early days, but it was also the first arc to introduce a lot of the world building and universe back story like the Silver Chalice Treaty, Colony Wars and EF corruption and thus pretty fucking important in the grand scope of the series.
No, Fardain was and still is easy to bash because the entire arc had poor story telling, bad plot advancements and was full of retarded things like Kiddie demonstration, Desperado shovel battle, Instant transmission Baqto, Gangs of new yor... Gangs of Fardain fights and overall more retardation that sealed the deal for alot of viewers.

It's hard to ignore such big flaws at the beginning of a show, especially when it's the first 10 episodes that pretty much make or break if people are going to keep watching it.

Fardain didn't really matter in the grand scope of the series, Zalam/Euba vanished after the first gen and none of those character's are mentioned again in the show sofar. (
Spoiler for Sidestory:


Fardain could've been skipped and the Diva could've made a alliance with Madorna's factory for the same results at Ambat, noone would've missed Fardain, minus GN0010 Nosferatu of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
I will laugh so hard if that's actually Dean in the test tube lol. He's definitely one of the few people who might help Kio though, if not the only one...He didn't seem pissed off when he saw Kio take off in the AGE-3, so I don't think he resents him, after all, Kio did get some of those pills for Lu and made her happy before she died. If he's in the test tube then he would also have to thank Kio for giving Ezelcant data to build his Legilis.
I will be laughing with you, although it wouldnt surprise me the slightest if Dean somehow turned Kio's kindness against him and blamed him for Lu's death instead.

- Sponsored by Ezelcant's awesome brainwashing
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 18:07   Link #3374
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
I don't see Deen blaming Kio for Lu's death, but I can see him under the impression that Kio was taking advantage of his and Lu's kindness, being an Earther and all. He already expressed a clear hate for Earthers and he certainly didn't look happy when he was being sworn into the military.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 18:58   Link #3375
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
No, Fardain was and still is easy to bash because the entire arc had poor story telling, bad plot advancements and was full of retarded things like Kiddie demonstration, Desperado shovel battle, Instant transmission Baqto, Gangs of new yor... Gangs of Fardain fights and overall more retardation that sealed the deal for alot of viewers.

It's hard to ignore such big flaws at the beginning of a show, especially when it's the first 10 episodes that pretty much make or break if people are going to keep watching it.

Fardain didn't really matter in the grand scope of the series, Zalam/Euba vanished after the first gen and none of those character's are mentioned again in the show sofar. (
Spoiler for Sidestory:


Fardain could've been skipped and the Diva could've made a alliance with Madorna's factory for the same results at Ambat, noone would've missed Fardain, minus GN0010 Nosferatu of course



I will be laughing with you, although it wouldnt surprise me the slightest if Dean somehow turned Kio's kindness against him and blamed him for Lu's death instead.

- Sponsored by Ezelcant's awesome brainwashing
Err...I don't see how you've done anything other than repeat everything I've just already noted except with a pure negative spin and arbitrary insistence that it's crap. All you've really served to do is help support my point about it being an easy target for tryhard bashers and people that make a hobby out of trying to find anything that can be construed as a flaw that they can then nitpick on forums. Question though, how do you skip Fardain and still lay down the groundwork for the Silver Chalice treaty, Federation mistreatment of colonists, EXA-DB, and the Colony Wars? Skip Fardain and none of what Gerra Zoi tells Flit ends up having any real context or logic.

The whole Deen turning Kio's kindness against him thing seems pretty probably however, I just don't think it's him in the test tube. Maybe Deen will finally be the chance Kio actually succeeds in convincing somebody to quit the war seeing as how he's not a female character.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 19:50   Link #3376
Raysoul
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I don't see Deen blaming Kio for Lu's death, but I can see him under the impression that Kio was taking advantage of his and Lu's kindness, being an Earther and all. He already expressed a clear hate for Earthers and he certainly didn't look happy when he was being sworn into the military.
I want to object but this is true

I wonder how the battle will go, Deen is just a newbie pilot, while Kio is a powerful X-Rounder. Of course emotions will still haunt Kio, but it will be still a one-sided fight.
__________________
Gundam Age > 00 + Seed Combined
Raysoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 20:34   Link #3377
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Err...I don't see how you've done anything other than repeat everything I've just already noted except with a pure negative spin and arbitrary insistence that it's crap. All you've really served to do is help support my point about it being an easy target for tryhard bashers and people that make a hobby out of trying to find anything that can be construed as a flaw that they can then nitpick on forums. Question though, how do you skip Fardain and still lay down the groundwork for the Silver Chalice treaty, Federation mistreatment of colonists, EXA-DB, and the Colony Wars? Skip Fardain and none of what Gerra Zoi tells Flit ends up having any real context or logic.

The whole Deen turning Kio's kindness against him thing seems pretty probably however, I just don't think it's him in the test tube. Maybe Deen will finally be the chance Kio actually succeeds in convincing somebody to quit the war seeing as how he's not a female character.
I think the right thing the producers should have done is weave in the AGE backstory into another better arc, and replace Fardain with that.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 00:28   Link #3378
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Question though, how do you skip Fardain and still lay down the groundwork for the Silver Chalice treaty, Federation mistreatment of colonists, EXA-DB, and the Colony Wars? Skip Fardain and none of what Gerra Zoi tells Flit ends up having any real context or logic.
You have Flit talk to Madorna during their now-official alliance of course, he would ask Madorna why Genoaces and Shadoll's didnt have Dods rifles to begin with and Madorna would explain everything about the Colony wars which lead to the Silver Chalice treaty and the deconstruction of the Feds Military.

At that point he could also give a more detailed background story about Madorna's workshop and the " saviour " Gundam.

Quote:
The whole Deen turning Kio's kindness against him thing seems pretty probably however, I just don't think it's him in the test tube. Maybe Deen will finally be the chance Kio actually succeeds in convincing somebody to quit the war seeing as how he's not a female character.
Highly doubt it's Dean in the testtube, maybe Zeheart? or Griffith from Berserk?

If it's Dean i'll be happily surprised if they don't twist Kio's kindness against him to be honest.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 09:25   Link #3379
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysoul View Post
I want to object but this is true

I wonder how the battle will go, Deen is just a newbie pilot, while Kio is a powerful X-Rounder. Of course emotions will still haunt Kio, but it will be still a one-sided fight.
Kio more or less struggled with Fram, who was a newbie pilot. For all we know Deen has X-Rounder powers of his own that will allow him to go 1-on-1 with Kio and put him against the ropes, specially if Kio is fighting to disable and Deen is trying to blow him up.
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 11:02   Link #3380
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
And if Deen doesn't have X-Rounder abilities, he'll have the Mu-czell to give him some.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.