AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Old 2011-06-13, 09:14   Link #1301
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

Don't know if this was mentioned here but it's confirmed to be a year long broadcast (50 episodes).
Old 2011-06-13, 09:14   Link #1302
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Don't know if this was mentioned here but it's confirmed to be a year long broadcast (50 episodes).
Cite your source please?
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 09:18   Link #1303
kakakka

The video's not bad. The animation feels like a mix between Unicorn and Gunpla Builders

Anyway, I went to the official website, and I laughed at that one kid's pose. lol
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 09:39   Link #1304
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottocycle View Post
Cite your source please?
It was stated at the press conference.

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-2300.html
Old 2011-06-13, 09:41   Link #1305
PzIVf3

Good:
Vengeance plot and all out war looks better than the unimportant battle intervention.
Main character looks more mature than the homo characters.

Bad:
Design is so kiddy
Feels like im watching Rockman exe
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 10:15   Link #1306
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
It's confirmed, he's listed in the first place for mechanical design. And AGE does have some Eibikawa Gundam features, now to think of it
Wow, no wonder I love it so much. I'm a sucker for Ebikawa's designs.

The shield, the center hole thingy, the rifle. It does have a bit of his feeling to it.
Old 2011-06-13, 10:19   Link #1307
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Apparently a letter from one of the Staff Members for Gundam Age who is relieved at the official announcement. He also responds to all the anger over the leaked pictures around the internet.

Spoiler for image:

Me likes. So it's back to the basics of Gundam 0079 but with a stronger super robot flavour. If I read it correctly it's aimed at a shonen demographic with focus on story tellling that could appeal to older audiences. If it's anything like Gaiking (2005) or Eureka 7 it could be quite enjoyable. Besides, no bishies or shipping material should make the forum discussions less vitrollic.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 10:59   Link #1308
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Apparently a letter from one of the Staff Members for Gundam Age who is relieved at the official announcement. He also responds to all the anger over the leaked pictures around the internet

Spoiler for image:
He got fired? For what reasons?

In any case, what he said makes sense.
Old 2011-06-13, 11:07   Link #1309
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy78 View Post
Looks like crap.
Agreed. It looks like they made a Gundam series aimed at the same demographic for those who watch Naruto or The Last Airbender (not saying that's a bad thing, especially for fans of those shows), but even the trailer looked redundant and boring.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 11:43   Link #1310
Nayim

Well, how about The "Original" Mobile Suit Gundam made by Tomino, and then it turned out become failure because the younger audience didn't like it?

Speaking about younger audience, what exactly love or hate about G Gundam?

G Gundam was very popular in USA and it because MAINLY made them cool? All i can remember is that the fan like "SHINING FINGER" & Master Asia, as rest of all, i don't know.

Who know? Maybe soon enough Gundam AGE become awesomeness or perhaps lame according to any rant fanclub but all i can say we have to wait and see what happen.

I was quite surprised with this, to be honest gundam 00 and unicorn set the bar so high for me that i was expecting the same Epic feeling for the next gundam series, but all we've got so far was a kid trying to act cool while piloting a unit that looks like a cross between RX-78 + Victory 1 + Exia. if sunrise could make that green head act like Simon of Gurren Lagann then i might have a change of heart. the teaser is quite lacking imo, but i'll give my final judge after this is completed
Old 2011-06-13, 12:23   Link #1311
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

That doesnt look bad, i wonder how are they going to do the generational part.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 12:46   Link #1312
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

You know, now that I had a look at all of them, doesnt Asem look like a combination of Frite and Emily? He looks like his face is much much closer to Frite, but the hair color is very close to Emily's. Skin tone color also seems to be somewhere between the two.

I mean, at the moment she's just his seven year friend and all but maybe somewhere down the road? These things do tend to happen, especially in stories. Of course, the mother could eventually be some random blond but at the early set of cast list we have now she does seem to be the best candidate at the moment from the small cast we have. Not saying we should treat her as Asem's mother as a fact or anything, but just observations of the possibility.
Old 2011-06-13, 13:10   Link #1313
Helius

Oh my, I didn't know we're back in 2003. Animation-wise this is definitely a step down from 00. I had hoped that at least the story would make up for what would likely be a train wreck on all fronts and the premise of events spanning several generations had me intrigued. After seeing the PV, I just hope that they won't do something like that ever again in the future, if they haven't killed off the franchise already.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 13:12   Link #1314
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
Oh my, I didn't know we're back in 2003. Animation-wise this is definitely a step down from 00. I had hoped that at least the story would make up for what would likely be a train wreck on all fronts and the premise of events spanning several generations had me intrigued. After seeing the PV, I just hope that they won't do something like that ever again in the future, if they haven't killed off the franchise already.
What are you even talking about?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 13:14   Link #1315
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayim View Post
Well, how about The "Original" Mobile Suit Gundam made by Tomino, and then it turned out become failure because the younger audience didn't like it?

Speaking about younger audience, what exactly love or hate about G Gundam?

G Gundam was very popular in USA and it because MAINLY made them cool? All i can remember is that the fan like "SHINING FINGER" & Master Asia, as rest of all, i don't know.

Who know? Maybe soon enough Gundam AGE become awesomeness or perhaps lame according to any rant fanclub but all i can say we have to wait and see what happen.

I was quite surprised with this, to be honest gundam 00 and unicorn set the bar so high for me that i was expecting the same Epic feeling for the next gundam series, but all we've got so far was a kid trying to act cool while piloting a unit that looks like a cross between RX-78 + Victory 1 + Exia. if sunrise could make that green head act like Simon of Gurren Lagann then i might have a change of heart. the teaser is quite lacking imo, but i'll give my final judge after this is completed
I can't speak on behalf of G Gundam's success, mainly because of how much I detest it based on trailers alone. To me, it's Gundam gone super robot trash, so I'll never give it the benefit of the doubt. That may come off as closed-minded, but it's not the case, really. Super robot in general doesn't peak my interest and based off what I have seen from G Gundam, it seems like one of the weaker AU series. Anyway, as for Gundam Age... I wouldn't hold your breath on this show being "quality" if you're an adult. As I pointed out previously, I don't see this being aimed at any other demographic than 12 or 13 year olds and if you're still holding out hope, then I think you're grasping at straws to hang your hat on a franchise that's trying to milk every penny it can from its fans.
Old 2011-06-13, 13:21   Link #1316
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
I can't speak on behalf of G Gundam's success, mainly because of how much I detest it based on trailers alone. To me, it's Gundam gone super robot trash, so I'll never give it the benefit of the doubt. That may come off as closed-minded, but it's not the case, really. Super robot in general doesn't peak my interest and based off what I have seen from G Gundam, it seems like one of the weaker AU series. Anyway, as for Gundam Age... I wouldn't hold your breath on this show being "quality" if you're an adult. As I pointed out previously, I don't see this being aimed at any other demographic than 12 or 13 year olds and if you're still holding out hope, then I think you're grasping at straws to hang your hat on a franchise that's trying to milk every penny it can from its fans.
No it's definitely closed minded. Now will you please go back to MAHQ now and stop trying to drag this thread down into the gutter with your thread shitting flame bait posts before somebody loses patience and grabs a mod?

Before you do that though can I just mention that the word is Pique and not peak as in the top of a mountain. Using the word peak just makes your post nonsensical.....then again......
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
He got fired? For what reasons?

In any case, what he said makes sense.
Where are you reading that he got fired? I never heard anything like that and it doesn't say it in the post or anything like that.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 13:22   Link #1317
Nayim

Quote:
I can't speak on behalf of G Gundam's success, mainly because of how much I detest it based on trailers alone. To me, it's Gundam gone super robot trash, so I'll never give it the benefit of the doubt. That may come off as closed-minded, but it's not the case, really. Super robot in general doesn't peak my interest and based off what I have seen from G Gundam, it seems like one of the weaker AU series. Anyway, as for Gundam Age... I wouldn't hold your breath on this show being "quality" if you're an adult. As I pointed out previously, I don't see this being aimed at any other demographic than 12 or 13 year olds and if you're still holding out hope, then I think you're grasping at straws to hanf your hat on a franchise that's trying to milk every penny it can from its fans.
What about Victory Gundam? Those are aware of any audience might realize how depression about that show.

Uso was 13 years old, so what about main character? Did i miss something here?

BTW did anyone notice at trailer where main character use "Super Sentai Device" into cockpit main computer? Reminds me of Gear Fighter Dendoh.
Old 2011-06-13, 13:29   Link #1318
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayim View Post
What about Victory Gundam? Those are aware of any audience might realize how depression about that show.

Uso was 13 years old, so what about main character? Did i miss something here?

BTW did anyone notice at trailer where main character use "Super Sentai Device" into cockpit main computer? Reminds me of Gear Fighter Dendoh.
I have yet to watch Victory Gundam, so I can't speak on behalf of that show either. However, from what I've read (and feelings seem mixed among Gundam fans) and if I recall correctly, Tomino even hates the show himself, but the series seems to have its merits for what you're questioning. I'll have to watch the show myself before I can give you a more thorough answer, but just from the UC's nature alone, I'd assume it's safe to draw a conclusion that Victory, even with a younger cast, still takes itself far more serious and is much more adult-oriented than Gundam Age. Yes, I know, how can I make such a claim before watching the series, right? Well, the writing is on the wall with the character designs, mechanical designs (and color), as well as the art/animation quality from this recent trailer, as well as the narration. Like I said, if you're into the whole Naruto/Last Airbender type thing, you'll most likely enjoy this show, but when this fall comes and I turn out to be right that this is a kids series, I'll just say I told you so (that is if you're assuming this will be anything BUT a kids series, of course).
Old 2011-06-13, 13:34   Link #1319
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
I turn out to be right that this is a kids series, I'll just say I told you so.
What if I don't care if this is a kid's series? What if I watch it for the pure nostalgic value?

I still watch Doraemon from time to time, and it can still put a smile on my face.

- Tak

World of Tanks/Planes: Tankers, Pilots, Sailors! JOIN US!!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 13:36   Link #1320
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
What if I don't care if this is a kid's series? What if I watch it for the pure nostalgic value?

I still watch Doraemon from time to time, and it can still put a smile on my face.

- Tak
Well, I went back and edited my post to be more clear. But the comparison between Doraemon and Gundam seems a bit weird, doesn't it?