AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-06-13, 22:56   Link #1381
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Is that a Beam knife? How could you get close to the enemy in that kind of critical range?
What game is this? That's not Gundam War!
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 23:18   Link #1382
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
What game is this? That's not Gundam War!
A card based game.

[edit]
Other cards:
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 23:19   Link #1383
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Well after seeing the promo and reading the rant by the Gundam AGE staff-dude, I'm less inclined to bash it...Wasn't floored by the previews but I didn't see any Bakugons being thrown around so I'm guessing they might (might) go the V Gundam route in making some characters look young and inept yet making the storylines more gruesome (That's an optimistic hope)...

On an academic level I honestly understand why they would approach things in this manor, but as a bag of flesh (Nicely toned flesh thanks to 2 rds of p90x^^) it's hard for me to get very excited...This is gonna be a prove-it-to-me kind of situation and I think the content released today warrants me letting them prove it...Some of the character designs still give me a "Back of the Apple Jacks Box"-feeling, and I do think I saw a glimpse of Dr. Robotnik, but given the fact I have no choice, I think I will be inclined to watch with want...

A final word, hmmm I wonder if it was Sunrise et al's premeditated strategy to let Gundam OO introduce aliens as something of a precursor to give an "alien" invasion more credence here? Also something else I'm randomly wondering, would Ali-Al Sarches be the DARKGOD of this Gundam World?^^ Imagine Ali-Al's cockpit scenes vs. Frito's Megaman-esque looking cockpit scenes...

End scene...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 23:28   Link #1384
bells
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
you guys are missing a big picture here. Instead of 100 Episodes of Seed, we get 1 series and 2 sequels within 50 Episodes. That means a fast paced story that doesn't drag us around, and that it will renew itself every 25-20 episodes. New setting, new storyline, new characters, new mobile suits... just same theme and structure.

And it means that before Age 2 they can pay attention to the reception of Age 1 and adapt the show later one. This sounds to me like a VERY dynamic formula.

Also, this Revamped concept of the First Grades, to me, they seem like a great idea. Even though these models on the Advanced Grade will have NO Mobility, they are cheap, they look nice and if they catch on, BAndai will release a ton of those because they are meant to be used on the Arcades due to their Chip. So that is a good thing right there.

The new take on the "Packs" system might be a bit weird though. I think it's too expensive for just 2 legs or 2 arms...

I'll probably not buy Any models from Age 1, Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe the Age Gundam in HG or AG format (i'm inclined to give AG Titus a go, due to price and just to check the new runners)

So far this is not bad at all. Might not be a "revolution", But it's certainly not a bad way to push a franchise... i consider it a Breather. Those are nice from time to time.
bells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 23:35   Link #1385
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
And it means that before Age 2 they can pay attention to the reception of Age 1 and adapt the show later one. This sounds to me like a VERY dynamic formula.
A Cyber GPX Formula? That's a Fukuda diss BTW^^...That show was good though...

Uh, the last show to do what you've just posted kinda banged the pooch in the end because of it (GSD diss #345267)...Whether it be good or bad, let it be...Which is too say, evolve, don't adapt...Because the minute they change $hit because people like Frito's hair or something all is lost...It's very ambitious story arcing to tell Gundam thru 3 different time periods, but if you're fickle because of fan pressures it's gonna be $hit...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 23:45   Link #1386
bells
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Well, there is no pressure like Gundam Pressure...

I mean, Take Gunpla Builders... that was a 3 OVA series that, to me, was kinda Stale. I don't want any kits from it (maybe that super Zaku when it's cheaper and on sale). That took some flak, but it kinda worked. Now, this, Age, it's pretty much a beefed up version of GPB that has a deeper slice of content aimed at main Gundam fans... so the pressure to make it right is larger. I would say that the only main difference we will see between this and previous gundam series is stuff like No Blood on screen, nobody shooting people in camera, or people pointing guns at children's head's (Looking at you Unicorn... my beloved)

Aside from that, should be a Regular Gundam show with a lower body count.

EDIT:

On the Alien Thing... i think the "Aliens" will just be a Long Forgotten race of Newtypes.
bells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 00:08   Link #1387
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Orange County
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Well after seeing the promo and reading the rant by the Gundam AGE staff-dude, I'm less inclined to bash it...Wasn't floored by the previews but I didn't see any Bakugons being thrown around so I'm guessing they might (might) go the V Gundam route in making some characters look young and inept yet making the storylines more gruesome (That's an optimistic hope)...

On an academic level I honestly understand why they would approach things in this manor, but as a bag of flesh (Nicely toned flesh thanks to 2 rds of p90x^^) it's hard for me to get very excited...This is gonna be a prove-it-to-me kind of situation and I think the content released today warrants me letting them prove it...Some of the character designs still give me a "Back of the Apple Jacks Box"-feeling, and I do think I saw a glimpse of Dr. Robotnik, but given the fact I have no choice, I think I will be inclined to watch with want...

A final word, hmmm I wonder if it was Sunrise et al's premeditated strategy to let Gundam OO introduce aliens as something of a precursor to give an "alien" invasion more credence here? Also something else I'm randomly wondering, would Ali-Al Sarches be the DARKGOD of this Gundam World?^^ Imagine Ali-Al's cockpit scenes vs. Frito's Megaman-esque looking cockpit scenes...

End scene...
You took the words right out of my mouth. Thanks man. This is exactly what I wanted to say.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34701&dateline=122081  2182
JackRydden224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 00:45   Link #1388
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyrule
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Just saw the PV and the only character design I really cant stand is the chubby scientist guy... Something about him just irks me...
__________________
~Destiny~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 01:42   Link #1389
Dragonar Fan
HI-RISE BOMBEERRR!!!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Elpis Colony, Jaburo, The hanger, Texas, Alkard
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Yeah, knives have practically been the #1 most common mecha weapon ever since Eva-01 started using them...
Not even, Dragonar had Combat knives as a weapon since 1987
__________________

Last edited by Dragonar Fan; 2011-06-14 at 01:47. Reason: Yes im late
Dragonar Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 03:22   Link #1390
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 20
Hopefully AGE-2 and AGE-3 will have better designs. AGE-1 is too RX-78 for me. Not that that's a bad thing, other Gundams like 0 Gundam pulled it off perfectly, but there's something about AGE-1 that I don't like. Meh.

And I have to disagree with you guys about one thing: While having a 1970s-ish style may be nostalgic, this series just doesn't seem to do it well for me. Oh well. This series still looks to have a lot of potential though, really interested in the bad guys.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 03:30   Link #1391
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
... maybe the retro-ish look and the similarity to the RX-78 are intentional. Seeing how this seems like growing up will be a theme in this show, perhaps as the series goes along, things will change--like Gundam designs and animation styles. For all we know, the AGE-3 may look like something that'd belong in 00, stylistically.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 05:47   Link #1392
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
... maybe the retro-ish look and the similarity to the RX-78 are intentional. Seeing how this seems like growing up will be a theme in this show, perhaps as the series goes along, things will change--like Gundam designs and animation styles. For all we know, the AGE-3 may look like something that'd belong in 00, stylistically.
Yup, and maybe the fashion sense for the characters will change too... Lose the 70's style super robot characters and gain a cast of all bishounen/bishoujo characters where everyone has the same face and wears the latest fashion trends?
__________________
Copyright 2002 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 06:09   Link #1393
Sides
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 33
I though that the retro look was partially influenced by Level 5.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 07:53   Link #1394
HasuMasu
サイアク、トキメキ、ヘンシン、コクハク
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: プールなんですよ
i like what i see gentlemen

those are some sick aliens
__________________
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 09:39   Link #1395
DRAGUN H.E.X.
miniskirt pirate Iori Sei
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: brunei darusalam
Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
any news on who's gonna do the OP & ED theme songs?
__________________
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 10:14   Link #1396
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
i like what i see gentlemen

those are some sick aliens
Yeah I can't hate, I'm intrigued.
__________________
They say you don't grow up
You just grow old,
It's safe to say I haven't done both.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 13:42   Link #1397
Sides
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
any news on who's gonna do the OP & ED theme songs?
Hopefully it will be a proper gundam themed song, and not something random. The songs should at least mention gundam in it once.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 16:34   Link #1398
Vsin
Aldracity
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
I only demand two things from AGE:
- Redesign the massive old scientist guy to have more...realistic proportions.
- Recolour the pilot suit...just darkening the blue on it would probably work.

Otherwise, I'm fine with what we've seen so far. Heck, I'm actually HAPPY that the enemy designs aren't a Zaku Ver 9001 and they don't look bad either.
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 21:02   Link #1399
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyrule
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Hopefully AGE-2 and AGE-3 will have better designs. AGE-1 is too RX-78 for me. Not that that's a bad thing, other Gundams like 0 Gundam pulled it off perfectly, but there's something about AGE-1 that I don't like. Meh.

And I have to disagree with you guys about one thing: While having a 1970s-ish style may be nostalgic, this series just doesn't seem to do it well for me. Oh well. This series still looks to have a lot of potential though, really interested in the bad guys.
I think it's the V-fin
__________________
~Destiny~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 21:13   Link #1400
solidvanz
Special Operative
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: East Malaysia
Age: 30
Send a message via Yahoo to solidvanz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ View Post
I think it's the V-fin
I believe it more like he doesn't like AGE-1's chest and torso design.
__________________
solidvanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.