AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-12-09, 09:18   Link #161
winter45
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 31
I personally wouldn't mind another CE serie providing they cut down the emo teen drama and less one sided fights. Stargazer rings a bell....
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 09:22   Link #162
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Quote:
personally wouldn't mind another CE serie providing they cut down the emo teen drama and less one sided fights. Stargazer rings a bell....
Stargazer was a step in the right direction, though I'd rather have a whole 12-ep OAV series of CE so that the quality isn't compromised.
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 09:30   Link #163
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: brunei darusalam
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
how about a series starring G-Generation's Phoenix Gundam & the Tornado Gundam?, that would be sweet
__________________
TRANSFORMERS
MACHINE ROBO
DIAROBO
GYROZETTER
DRAGUN H.E.X. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 09:35   Link #164
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
^That would make sense in a OVA/OAV.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 09:46   Link #165
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
how about a series starring G-Generation's Phoenix Gundam & the Tornado Gundam?, that would be sweet
That would be sweet. I'd love to see Great Zeong and Virgina Rona. That shit is awesome. Thus, GGen original characters don't have much background story anyway, so it's easy to make some for them.
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 11:00   Link #166
Fishfood1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Not Antarctica?
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
I personally wouldn't mind another CE serie providing they cut down the emo teen drama and less one sided fights. Stargazer rings a bell....
oh stargazer.... that was really good one in the CE universe without the main casts.

see if they go that route it be satisfying a lot of people...

also i'm also in for any new gundam series(whether it's from an existing timeline or some new AU series) with a female protagonist.
__________________

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 13:44   Link #167
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
look will ya stop mention thinking "kill the wabbit" or kira-Lacus really you know loyal fans would go NUKE-crazy on it.

geez look IF 3rd GS maybe it might kira-Lacus' child or descendant for it or maybe back to them again.

& why is that you should check other 2 ideas as well for

1.we get a gundam tv series with main lead gundam pilot is a WOMAN (come on where let see it through a female's point of view)
I'm sorry, but loyal fans are much more reserved when it comes to things like this. The only ones that would go "NUKE-crazy" are whackjobs like yourself. People have to keep in mind that what they want and what Japan wants are two different things. I'm not sure Gundam is ready for a female-driven show. Ecole du Ciel is a great example of something that works with an almost entirely female cast, but given that they aren't really "moe" enough for anime, it may not fly.

Quote:
2.crossover gundam tv series (like the DECADE & that upcoming SS series with pirates but travel to different SS worlds) like many world of gundam
Crossover Gundam will never work. It hasn't happened in thirty years and I highly doubt Sunrise will take the plunge anytime soon.

Quote:
cause i'm assume you're afraid Chantal Strand might be in it even as a MAIN LEAD again?!
The chances of her acting again in anime are slim to none. The only other anime outside of her fluke SEED/DESTINY role was Hamtaro. I don't think they'll be using her again.

At any rate, the only reason why I say killing off the characters is to eliminate the demand to call them back or have them intervene for some idiotic reason. DESTINY had a promise by showcasing a new cast of characters, but they were thrown into the backseat by having Kira and Lacus show up. I knew as soon as you say them viewing the "nuclear flashes" in the sky, they'd be back in action. Cagalli and Athrun being included were just fine as their roles were justified enough, but the others (especially Kira's spam action) are just idiotic. I mean come on, you can't hit MS perfectly every time without anyone dying... people flinch, computers aren't perfect.
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 14:26   Link #168
yurifanboy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: En algķn lugar muy lejano
Hey Deacon Blues, the energy and effort for your fingers to type a response to D-KLAC is not worth the effort.

Anyway I would hope they go for a completely new and fresh timeline.
My hopes:
1. No angst ridden teenage boy who doesn't like to kill and only lands in the role of gundam pilot under extreme circumstances or has no other choice
2. Feeling like it is necessary to pander to fans by referencing earlier gundam series
3. Have some balls (perhaps that is not the right pun ) and maybe try female gundam pilot leads for once. Gundam Wing and Gundam 00 leads I'm sure have produced enough pandering to fans of yaoi
__________________
No confundas mi postura, soy ateo y no creo en ningun dios,
no diferencio a las personas por su raza, su cultura o su mierda de religion!
Solo condeno el sufrimiento, la injustia y el abuso de poder
yurifanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 20:13   Link #169
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
At any rate, the only reason why I say killing off the characters is to eliminate the demand to call them back or have them intervene for some idiotic reason. DESTINY had a promise by showcasing a new cast of characters, but they were thrown into the backseat by having Kira and Lacus show up. I knew as soon as you say them viewing the "nuclear flashes" in the sky, they'd be back in action. Cagalli and Athrun being included were just fine as their roles were justified enough, but the others (especially Kira's spam action) are just idiotic. I mean come on, you can't hit MS perfectly every time without anyone dying... people flinch, computers aren't perfect.
Except things are different now that the end of the Destiny Special Editions showed that Kira and Lacus have taken a more active role, respectively, than they did at the end of SEED. I'm not saying that they have to be the main characters, although I won't dislike it if they were. But it's fine with me as well if they want to go with new people or even go back to Shinn. However, killing the old cast, especially Kira and Lacus, is not necessary. Especially since they now have more justification (as you put it) at being involved if something were to happen.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 20:41   Link #170
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
I mean come on, you can't hit MS perfectly every time without anyone dying... people flinch, computers aren't perfect.
You can if you're Jesus.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 20:50   Link #171
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Quote:
I mean come on, you can't hit MS perfectly every time without anyone dying... people flinch, computers aren't perfect.
Kira's no-kill might only work in space, as MS in earth still have gravity to contend with.

Plus, the Wing People have shown it's possible, even when the tech gap is close.

I have no problem with Kira not having to kill, but I have a problem with him not having to kill everytime.

I think the Tech gap should be close next time. We've seen how Kira reacted on a closer tech gap. The Strike Rouge stunk because it can't compete with suits that have more capacity, and Kira's no-kill had no business in that situation.
Quote:
The chances of her acting again in anime are slim to none. The only other anime outside of her fluke SEED/DESTINY role was Hamtaro
You have completely forgotten about Feldt though.
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 22:04   Link #172
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: gs series
Age: 25
what IF you're all in fear IF that they did go for a main lead female gundam pilot protagnist like you concern that Chantal Strand will be the lead?

come on give she 23yrs really have you her voice roles really she got MAIN LEAD range.
__________________
ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
A KLAC IS JUST TOO COMMIT, HONOR, LOYALTY, PRIDE, ETC TO WORLD OF ANIME
WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THORUGH THE KLAC-ERA
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 22:14   Link #173
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Quote:
what IF you're all in fear IF that they did go for a main lead female gundam pilot protagnist like you concern that Chantal Strand will be the lead?
No because Rie Tanaka, Lacus' real voice(that matters anyway) hasn't stated that a new series that has her is out. I mean come ON. Even this is in mystery because the only one who confirms the movie/third SEED is Houko Kuwashima, and both her characters(Fllay, and Stellar) are dead(oh...I forgot Natarle).There's a huge impossible on your statement because before Chantal can even dub the character, Ocean must be contracted to that series first.
__________________
Mercury Lampe

Last edited by aeriolewinters; 2010-12-09 at 22:31.
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 22:41   Link #174
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
Except things are different now that the end of the Destiny Special Editions showed that Kira and Lacus have taken a more active role, respectively, than they did at the end of SEED. I'm not saying that they have to be the main characters, although I won't dislike it if they were. But it's fine with me as well if they want to go with new people or even go back to Shinn. However, killing the old cast, especially Kira and Lacus, is not necessary. Especially since they now have more justification (as you put it) at being involved if something were to happen.
Well that's my problem... DESTINY was never meant to be for them. Naturally they look at the world and go "tsk, we have to clean up the mess because we're godly and perfect and never get injured". Although I'd find it hilarious if they next writer director used them gaining positions of power to go completely evil and twisted on everyone. That would satisfy me just fine :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
You have completely forgotten about Feldt though.
Shhh, we pretend that horrible dub doesn't exist.

This makes me wonder what Ms. Strand would think of a whackjob like D-KLAC. They're probably the type that would sniff the seat she just sat in or faint if they looked their way in public. Newsflash: There are hundreds of better actress's than her
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 22:52   Link #175
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Well that's my problem... DESTINY was never meant to be for them
But that's my point, we're not talking about DESTINY. The new series could be about them, it could feature them, or it could just mention them in passing or even not at all. Either way, there's simply no valid justification to say that the only way for the CE timeline to successfully move forward is to have Kira and Lacus be dead.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 23:02   Link #176
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
But that's my point, we're not talking about DESTINY. The new series could be about them, it could feature them, or it could just mention them in passing or even not at all. Either way, there's simply no valid justification to say that the only way for the CE timeline to successfully move forward is to have Kira and Lacus be dead.
It's kinda hard to not have them be the central focus of the "next" SEED installment, if there is one. Given the way the movies ended they have to address it in some way or another. That, and the fan-pandering that is Japan will eventually cave and have to bring them into the spotlight yet again to save the day. That's what they are: the Mary Sue and Gary Stu of superheroes.
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 23:19   Link #177
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Quote:
although I'd find it hilarious if they next writer director used them gaining positions of power to go completely evil and twisted on everyone. That would satisfy me just fine :3
1.It would be funnier if the new main character has many similarities with Kira from SEED's first half and then some. His love interest looks like fllay: A Strike-Like Mobile suit
2. It would be epic if this guy with the above description would kill Kira finally.
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 23:23   Link #178
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
In the meantime, I'll just stick with the Fallen Angel fic.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 23:26   Link #179
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
In the meantime, I'll just stick with the Fallen Angel fic.
LOL, the ones in strikethrough are not meant to be taken seriously, RD. It'd be just irony if someone close to his description in SEED's first half would finally kill him.
But yeah, Shinn was close...
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 01:27   Link #180
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
It's kinda hard to not have them be the central focus of the "next" SEED installment, if there is one.
Like I said before, I wouldn't be opposed to that idea. You can't please everybody.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.