AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-12, 14:41   Link #2221
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
From Twitter from the Producer

Hardest. Day. Ever. Seriously, if you people knew all the stuff we are planning...you'd, we'll - hold onto your copy of me3 forever.
I'm laughing so hard right now. Damage control out the ass.
Old 2012-03-12, 14:43   Link #2222
Nixl

Quote:
Hardest. Day. Ever. Seriously, if you people knew all the stuff we cut from launch and reselling as DLC...you'd, we'll - hold onto your copy of me3 forever, unless you are not a "long time fan of the series."[/i]
I fixed it up a little.

Once they are done with all the DLC, I suspect an MMO or a continuation of the MP in some form in the future.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 15:55   Link #2223
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkark07 View Post
And where is my Krogan, we need someone like Wrex again.
Seriously. They could have introduced a new Krogan (or reused Grunt) instead of giving us Vega.

Quote:

About the Prothean

Spoiler:
Javik is pretty essential. I think in terms of dialogue and cutscenes the only other squad mate with more is Liara. Not having him (and not bringing him) actually makes you lose a significant portion of the game.

Anyways, are there more missions where he has heavy extended cutscenes if you bring him other than the one with Liara?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
You know what? I think Bloware got it wrong.

I know that they want to leave room for future games set in the same universe. But that shouldn't mean Shepard should be stuck with sucky choices no matter what he had done all three games.

By all means, create a "canon" ending for future MassEffect games. But don't cut the happy ending out just because you think you can...

What am I saying? They are just waiting to sell the happy ending as DLC.

The illusion of choice had always been important. But it seems the illusion had finally been broken. There is no choice at all. There is no point replaying ME 1 and 2 over and over to get the perfect save file to import. There is only one ending.

I didn't ask for much. Just peace between the Quarians and the Geth. All the forces of the galaxies banned together like brothers to defeat the common enemy, and succeeds. It could have been a non-canon ending. I would have been happy with that.

The entire argument the Reapers made were unconvincing.
Actually, the current ending makes any future Mass Effect development really problematic. In fact I think they said if they were going to explore more ME games, it'd be with prequels.

Even with a super happy ending the problems will still pop up down the line. I mean, there's still the Krogan problem, not to mention a new fight for power now that the reaper threat is over (alliances never last).
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 18:37   Link #2224
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Like I said, After Effect Online.

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 20:14   Link #2225
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Bioware has kinda gone to hell...
SRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 21:03   Link #2226
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Javik is pretty essential. I think in terms of dialogue and cutscenes the only other squad mate with more is Liara. Not having him (and not bringing him) actually makes you lose a significant portion of the game.

Anyways, are there more missions where he has heavy extended cutscenes if you bring him other than the one with Liara?
No but there's a nice scene where he finally visits the Citadel and it's just very touching how he interacts with them.

That and the Salarians.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IehPgttjzpk

Quote:
Actually, the current ending makes any future Mass Effect development really problematic. In fact I think they said if they were going to explore more ME games, it'd be with prequels.

Even with a super happy ending the problems will still pop up down the line. I mean, there's still the Krogan problem, not to mention a new fight for power now that the reaper threat is over (alliances never last).
Well.....technically speaking it's doable.

First off it can take place in the aftermath. Regardless of Shepard's choice the end result is that the Reaper Invasion is stopped and the Relays are no more.

In that case the scope could be focused on the sol system and such.

I mean the Krogan aren't a problem when they wouldn't even be able to get out of their system to begin with. That and you can't wage war across the galaxy like they did before either.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 22:43   Link #2227
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikko_s View Post
Well, not "raging" per se. But It's really bad how they couldn't make an ending that fits within the narrative of everything else up to that point.

Don't know if this was posted earlier on this thread, but there's some interesting tidbits from SomethingAwful forums:

Spoiler:

But instead of that...they went with...

Spoiler:
Quote:
No but there's a nice scene where he finally visits the Citadel and it's just very touching how he interacts with them.

That and the Salarians.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IehPgttjzpk

Well.....technically speaking it's doable.

First off it can take place in the aftermath. Regardless of Shepard's choice the end result is that the Reaper Invasion is stopped and the Relays are no more.

In that case the scope could be focused on the sol system and such.

I mean the Krogan aren't a problem when they wouldn't even be able to get out of their system to begin with. That and you can't wage war across the galaxy like they did before either.
Except there's 1 habitable planet on the Sol system, and it's mostly destroyed. Krogans like to breed...

It also wouldn't be Mass Effect without the galaxy spanning scope.

Anyways, I really expected to get something like this for the ending:
Spoiler:

They can always choose which one is 'canon' if they ever decide to make a ME4, but going by how much they were hyping the 16 different endings based on your choices, what we got was 100% trash.

Last edited by Xion Valkyrie; 2012-03-12 at 23:08.
Old 2012-03-12, 23:41   Link #2228
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This ending situation really has made things go crazy. No surprise since after three games the way the game ended became even more important. They might have been able to avoid this if the ending was simply solid. Instead they just made an incredibly stupid one. I wouldn't be surprised if they hit us later with a DLC ending since it would just be fitting with all the frustrations out there. It has been a pretty good trip overall, but too bad they had to end it on a sour note.

But now that the game has come out there isn't too much they can do. Not going to jump up for some prequel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
It supposedly only puts the character and some of his lines into the game. The stuff you have to download is the actual quest having to deal with him.
Even if the stuff was on the disc they'd still want you to download it. Wouldn't be able to deny things if you just unlocked the DLC without downloading anything. Still possible that only some of the stuff was left on the disc. Oh well just another roll my eyes moment with Bioware. Pretty much expected them to slip after the disaster that was Dragon Age 2.
Old 2012-03-13, 00:50   Link #2229
Nixl

Does anyone know about the Indoctrination theory for the endings?

Spoiler for From what I understand:
Old 2012-03-13, 03:41   Link #2230
Aqua Knight

Is there any point to wear damage increasing armor when my M-98 Widow has already it's damage maxed(with weapon modifications)?

I know I still have a heavy pistol, but I mainly rely on my sniper rifle. So does more than 100% damage work in ME 3?
Old 2012-03-13, 04:40   Link #2231
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Does anyone know about the Indoctrination theory for the endings?

Spoiler for From what I understand:
Spoiler:

Fans can theorize all they want to try to reconcile the ending, but it doesn't change the fact that pretty much everything points to Bioware/EA being lazy.
Old 2012-03-13, 09:36   Link #2232
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

I don't believe I'd be doing this, but Kotaku actually posted a rather meaningful rebuttal to the big ME3 lashback.

Tl;dr: You spend 3 games writing a bible, and pull off a Jesus.

All that's left is to skip forward 12,000 years, where the descendent of your love interest is waiting for the reincarnation of Shepard, and are reunited as the Reapers, long thought dead, return to scour the galaxy.

OSORE! Living your life don't give up now keep living on

Only this time, its an MMO, and there's thousands perhaps millions of Shepard's children.

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 09:49   Link #2233
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Heh. I actually LOL'ed at that.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 09:52   Link #2234
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I don't believe I'd be doing this, but Kotaku actually posted a rather meaningful rebuttal to the big ME3 lashback.

Tl;dr: You spend 3 games writing a bible, and pull off a Jesus.

All that's left is to skip forward 12,000 years, where the descendent of your love interest is waiting for the reincarnation of Shepard, and are reunited as the Reapers, long thought dead, return to scour the galaxy.

OSORE! Living your life don't give up now keep living on

Only this time, its an MMO, and there's thousands perhaps millions of Shepard's children.
Does that make me and everyone else a metaphorical Jew? As in, I didn't play ME 1 and 2 just to be told that no, I can't build a house for Tali because they don't feel like giving me the option.

I don't CARE about Shepard as a messiah figure. I care about the people Shepard care about. And Shepard cared about his crew. And in the only ending in the game, all of his crew members are screwed.

I didn't struggle through ME2 keeping Tai and Legion alive, to get THIS.

The universe is actually better off destroyed. The Reapers should have won.
Old 2012-03-13, 10:01   Link #2235
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

I can understand where the hate is coming from. Some people play games to escape from their real world, where their everyday actions doesn't make an meaningful impact and difference to those around them.

At least, in the game, the player gets appreciated and rewarded for every little action they take, unlike the real world. Bioware just strike to close to real life for their fanbase in recent year.
Old 2012-03-13, 10:07   Link #2236
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
I can understand where the hate is coming from. Some people play games to escape from their real world, where their everyday actions doesn't make an meaningful impact and difference to those around them.

At least, in the game, the player gets appreciated and rewarded for every little action they take, unlike the real world. Bioware just strike to close to real life for their fanbase in recent year.
It's not about escape. It's about choice.

My reward for the end of the game isn't a cut scene, I could see it on youtube for that. My reward is a cutscene that was only possible because I worked hard earning it, over two save files.

There is nothing "realistic" about telling me it was a waste of time transferring save files. There is nothing "realistic" about how it makes no difference how much war assets I get, the universe is still screwed one way or another.

If it makes no difference to the ending, then it makes no difference whether I play the game at all. Unless you think real life is pointless?
Old 2012-03-13, 10:08   Link #2237
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Spoiler:

Fans can theorize all they want to try to reconcile the ending, but it doesn't change the fact that pretty much everything points to Bioware/EA being lazy.
Do not get me wrong, I 100% agree with you. It is the finale of the series and Bioware did a lazy ass job on Mass Effect 3. From the animations, the use of sprites, the sparse dialogue options, Tali's face coming from a stock photo, the winter planet resembling a google image, and the stupidity of the ending plot as well as the reused cinematics, I think it is safe to say that Bioware got lazy or were too busy making DLC to sell for $10 instead.
Old 2012-03-13, 10:13   Link #2238
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
If it makes no difference to the ending, then it makes no difference whether I play the game at all. Unless you think real life is pointless?
That's the point. You worked hard, you expect some difference to be made and get rewarded. In real life, you just don't expect that at every turn, not all the time.

In a fantasy world such as a game's, it's not too much to ask for that and it's a given really.
Old 2012-03-13, 10:19   Link #2239
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
That's the point. You worked hard, you expect some difference to be made and get rewarded. In real life, you just don't expect that at every turn, not all the time.

In a fantasy world such as a game's, it's not too much to ask for that and it's a given really.
Then you just told me, and everyone like me, to stop buying Bioware computer games.

After all, why should Bioware be rewarded for the work they do, what sloopy and little of it they did? Why should their game turn a profit? In the real world, games fail all the time. So it is only fair that Bioware fail and go bankrupt, as that's the kind of fate Shepard shared.

Some how, I think that wasn't what they had in mind.
Old 2012-03-13, 10:31   Link #2240
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:

Except they said that everything you did and such will have consequences and will have closure in the end. The harder you work, the better the ending they said...except the endings are pretty much all the same.

In this case no it didn't.

Granted we had mini-endings like the Korgan, Quarians, and Turians, etc. but the most important part was the last.

Heck it would've been better if they had just removed the child altogether and just had the crucible activate with the ending depending on your EMS rating (The higher the rating the higher chance of survival for Shepard and Earth in general).

Another issue was how the hell did your LI get onto the Normandy and why was the Normandy in the Mass Relay to begin with?

Take Chrono Trigger for example.

The harder you work and the more effort you put into buidling up for the final fight the better the ending. If you skipped some stuff and such then the ending is almost different from one another. THAT is choice.

Mass Effect 3 was an awesome game and I will continue to play it but the ending just didn't feel consistent with the rest of the series. The ending is nice and grows on you but it just doesn't feel right.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
effect, games, mass