AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-10, 18:51   Link #2961
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Both of the plotlines were pretty terrible, imo. It would have been better simply leaving the Reapers' motivations very mysterious and Cthulhu-like.
This.


It was easy to do. they had it right on their nose. Instead they go and try to be emotional and dramatic, and fail.

Talk about your all time back fires.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 02:14   Link #2962
Tiberium Wolf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Portugal
Age: 34
Funny thing in ME world. Where are the salarians females? Where are the turian females? Etc etc etc.
__________________
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 02:18   Link #2963
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Funny thing in ME world. Where are the salarians females? Where are the turian females? Etc etc etc.
The salarian females are present and involved in ME3. If you let the council die in ME1, there's a salarian dalatrass on the council in ME3, and a different one yells at you about the genophage cure.

Turian females are... absent. Still.
__________________
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 04:12   Link #2964
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Turian females are... absent. Still.
Spoiler for Well, at least we see one in a comic book.:
__________________
Kyral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 15:09   Link #2965
Tiberium Wolf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Portugal
Age: 34
Mass Effect 3 falsely advertised, says BBB

And BBB is ???
__________________

Last edited by Tiberium Wolf; 2012-04-11 at 15:23.
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 15:34   Link #2966
Who
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NY, USA
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Better Business Bureau. They're an organization that supports consumer rights in the U.S. and Canada. Bit misleading, since bureau is a governmental program/group, but the BBB are privately owned. What they do is basically similar to what the FDA does to inspect whether or not restaurants and food stores are sanitary; etc, but for goods and products as a whole.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 16:29   Link #2967
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
]

Turian females are... absent. Still.
Now that I think about it, only one was mentioned by Garrus in ME2. lol
__________________
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 17:01   Link #2968
Tiberium Wolf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Portugal
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Better Business Bureau. They're an organization that supports consumer rights in the U.S. and Canada. Bit misleading, since bureau is a governmental program/group, but the BBB are privately owned. What they do is basically similar to what the FDA does to inspect whether or not restaurants and food stores are sanitary; etc, but for goods and products as a whole.
So will this lead to somewhere?


Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Now that I think about it, only one was mentioned by Garrus in ME2. lol
Doesn't count.
__________________
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 17:11   Link #2969
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Now that I think about it, only one was mentioned by Garrus in ME2. lol
Garrus did mention a female in his group. Yet, Bioware never showed a live Turian Female to make people not think Turians reproduce on their own??
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 17:48   Link #2970
Who
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NY, USA
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
So will this lead to somewhere?



Don't really think so. BBB isn't really taken THAT seriously, especially since you can pay them to give your company a good rating.

And if they slap a low grade on your product, it doesn't speak much volumes, either. Good example of it would be them slapping a F on Nexon America a few years back for crappy customer service and Nexon still managed to have one of the top F2P MMOs in terms of revenue through cash shop sales.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 20:01   Link #2971
holybell84
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Garrus did mention a female in his group. Yet, Bioware never showed a live Turian Female to make people not think Turians reproduce on their own??
Must be the part where "I got reach, but she has flexibility"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-jnrTc1keA
__________________
Standing Strong
holybell84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 21:11   Link #2972
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The girl's bathroom
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
Must be the part where "I got reach, but she has flexibility"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-jnrTc1keA
Garrus you dog.

The best Garrus scene is the shooting competition if you let him win.
__________________

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 00:23   Link #2973
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylsyjaeger View Post
Garrus you dog.

The best Garrus scene is the shooting competition if you let him win.
Even better if you romance him as a femshep, just like Rannoch is 100x better if you're romancing Tali as male Shep.

Garrus hands-down best character in the game. No matter your decisions, he ALWAYS supports you. Best secondary character EVER.

Kaidan = Karth times ten.

Ashley is slightly more bearable, since she has some funny lines. And there's that time on the ship when she passes out from James getting her drunk. Funny as shit.
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 00:31   Link #2974
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
I'll agree that ME3 made boring racist girl quite a bit more interesting... but Kaidan is still boring.
__________________
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 04:29   Link #2975
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Inside your heart...
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Funny thing in ME world. Where are the salarians females? Where are the turian females? Etc etc etc.
Didn't they say that they didn't have the budget to make them in the PAX panel?
__________________
http://img217.imageshack.us/i/clipboard01vt.jpg
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 05:06   Link #2976
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Didn't they say that they didn't have the budget to make them in the PAX panel?
Priorities, where are thou?

I'm looking at you, Jessica Chobot.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 07:08   Link #2977
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Listening to "Aishiteru Banzai!" on repeat
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Even better if you romance him as a femshep, just like Rannoch is 100x better if you're romancing Tali as male Shep.

Garrus hands-down best character in the game. No matter your decisions, he ALWAYS supports you. Best secondary character EVER.

Kaidan = Karth times ten.

Ashley is slightly more bearable, since she has some funny lines. And there's that time on the ship when she passes out from James getting her drunk. Funny as shit.
I never really liked Kaidan much (he was only alive because I REALLY hated Ashley) and I was totally done with him after the Udina incident. I told him to go join Hackett because I didn't even want him in my party. So worth it and the following scene where he awkwardly shakes your hand without even being able to look at you is the perfect bonus.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 11:29   Link #2978
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
I never really understood all the hate Ashley gets. I can see why Kaiden is considered boring (I talk to him frequently but he rarely has something to say). That said, I always wondered why whenever I spoke to Kaiden, he and Shepard always looked like they were sizing each other up for a fight.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 12:08   Link #2979
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Didn't they say that they didn't have the budget to make them in the PAX panel?
Isn't the salarian head person who asks you to betray ____ a female Salarian? He or she has a very girly voice.
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 12:32   Link #2980
npal
I desire Tomorrow!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sixth Layer of Celestia
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I never really understood all the hate Ashley gets. I can see why Kaiden is considered boring (I talk to him frequently but he rarely has something to say). That said, I always wondered why whenever I spoke to Kaiden, he and Shepard always looked like they were sizing each other up for a fight.
ME1: Bitching all day about aliens for little reason, crappy hairstyle
ME2: Bitching about Shepard working with Cerberus, crappy hairstyle
ME3: Bitching about Shepard having worked with Cerberus, more bitching about Shepard having worked with Cerberus.

Seriously, she's not even half as cute as she should be to forgive all that. I only saved her back in ME1 because it seemed sensible to defend the primary objective, the bomb, and I had sent Ashley there. Plus, I didn't care about Kaidan even more than I didn't care about Ashley. I thought I'd leave one more girl on board for possible romance's sake, just in case. But yeah, every time she just begs to be killed.
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
effect, games, mass

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.