AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-26, 14:36   Link #3201
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
anyone find a youtube video of the destroy EC with tali romance?
Old 2012-06-26, 15:40   Link #3202
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
The new ending seemed tacked on because of their displeasure over fans hating the other 3 bad endings. So they said "Okay, don't pick our choices. Now everyone dies and you never meeting your squad members again either!". They shouldn't have even bothered, the EC didn't address anything that was wrong with the current endings at all or gave anyone closure.
That might have been their intentional but the way the refusal ending plays out, it solidifies the indoctrination theory in that the only correct choice is to refuse the reaper choices. You die, but you die free and you left the most comprehensive archive on the Reapers to the next cycle.

All the other 3 choices are now just variations on being indoctrinated. It's probably just a simulation that plays out for everyone that's been assimilated into the new 'Human' Reaper while the cycle continues.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 15:49   Link #3203
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
That might have been their intentional but the way the refusal ending plays out, it solidifies the indoctrination theory in that the only correct choice is to refuse the reaper choices. You die, but you die free and you left the most comprehensive archive on the Reapers to the next cycle.

All the other 3 choices are now just variations on being indoctrinated. It's probably just a simulation that plays out for everyone that's been assimilated into the new 'Human' Reaper while the cycle continues.
Not really. Shepard doesn't have to be indoctrinated to choose one of the first 3 options, she/he just has to be a fool for believing in what the starchild tells her/him .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 15:49   Link #3204
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, it feels better as it is now. Still far from perfect but at least it left some sense of closure. I still prefer this to the indoctrination theory by a large margin. And seriously, actually not picking and leaving it there... Ok I suppose it IS a choice but... really?

Overall, I only played it from the last save, not from the Cerberus infiltration so I don't know what's going on there. I generally liked what I saw. They actually fixed some rather glaring oversights, mainly why the hell Joker is looking back like he's checking on the beam coming from behind, and probably the biggest thing, the mass relay explosions. Not sure about the others, I just picked my first choice ending, synthesis, my Readiness score isn't high enough to get whatever extra scene there was after the Destroy Reaper option anyway. Overall, yes it felt better this time, and yes, it could have been better without the whole sci-fi magic in the end, but meh. It's ok now I guess. For me, it doesn't feel like a total waste of time anymore, but then, I wasn't really bitching THATmuch about the ending in the first place.

Anyway, what this whole thing taught me is 1. Think twice before preordering anything and 2. If it's really bad, you could make them fix it somewhat.
Old 2012-06-26, 17:37   Link #3205
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

You know, the refusal ending could have saved the series. If they'd put more effort into it and show all your assets thrown against the reapers in an awesome climactic battle. Humans, geth, turians, salarians, asari, krogan, the entire shebang assuming you got assets for them. Even if they'd lose in the end, it would at least have made the ending something to remember.

Instead? A very, very short ending, which really only seems to say "lolno, pick a colored ending."

Also, still lots of re-use of scenes. And we still didn't get to see the destiny ascension shoot.
Old 2012-06-26, 17:39   Link #3206
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post

Nope.

According to the stargazer scene it's stated that the new cycle was able to defeat the Reapers because of Liara's time capsules.

She did leave hundreds of them lying around with an AI that would assist anyone that found it.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 19:12   Link #3207
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
All I can say is if I knew there was a chance to lose this whole thing (and pick refusal) then I totally would have told Liara to exaggerate the hell out of my accomplishments instead of keeping it honest .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
The EC just came out, people are going to talk about it anyway. Besides, all this does is tell people never to pre-order from Bioware again, wait a year if you even think of buying their products, don't expect quality products from them in the foreseeable future, and that they're extremely bitter over the ending backlash still.
Yeah, in the end that's the message. No more pre-ordering Bioware games. Have proven that it's not worth doing. Heck no more buying Bioware games in the first week until I hear if it's pure garbage or not. Unfortunately with their latest quality I expect that Dragon Age 3 and whatever they do to milk Mass Effect next will suck badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
You know, the refusal ending could have saved the series. If they'd put more effort into it and show all your assets thrown against the reapers in an awesome climactic battle. Humans, geth, turians, salarians, asari, krogan, the entire shebang assuming you got assets for them. Even if they'd lose in the end, it would at least have made the ending something to remember.

Instead? A very, very short ending, which really only seems to say "lolno, pick a colored ending."

Also, still lots of re-use of scenes. And we still didn't get to see the destiny ascension shoot.
I do think the refusal ending could have saved everything. It could have been the way to have all your choices in putting together this galactic fleet matter. Heck, maybe if you did an amazing job putting this force together you can actually win without the Crucible. Even if you couldn't win it would have been worth just standing there and watching an epic battle. Even if defeat would be inevitable at least could see the Reapers pay for every last life.

Oh well will try to delude myself into believing that's how it ended. A tragic ending, but one heck of an epic way to go out.
Old 2012-06-26, 19:26   Link #3208
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Just finished it....

The refusal choice was just WOW... what a totally wasted opportunity.

In the end though the destroy and control endings where probably the best and honestly I'm a damn sight happier with those now than I was before.

Last edited by Drake; 2012-06-26 at 20:18.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 00:39   Link #3209
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

So I guess they didn't erase the nonsensical Synthetic ending? Or the equally nonsensical "LOLsyntheticsaregoingtokillorganics sowewillkillyoubeforetheydo" motive?

Quote:
As long as Liara's time-capsule works as intended, which I hope it will. Then the final defiance will be epic indeed. For bonus point, the next cycle won't have to deal with the Starchild BS
Old 2012-06-27, 07:03   Link #3210
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
As long as Liara's time-capsule works as intended, which I hope it will. Then the final defiance will be epic indeed. For bonus point, the next cycle won't have to deal with the Starchild BS
We don't get to see said defiance though.
Old 2012-06-27, 07:34   Link #3211
james0246

Quote:
We don't get to see said defiance though.
You do...just not the fleet's last gasp. We see Shepard's defiance. It may not be enough for you, but it gave me warm and fuzzy feelings.

The entire scene was written like fanboy fanfiction...except it turns out Shepard wasn't a Mary Sue afterall. Oh well, better luck next time...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 09:07   Link #3212
Destined_Fate

Still a bit annoying there was no consequences for anything but the last choice.

But hey, at least we still have Marauder Shields.

http://koobismo.deviantart.com/#/d54t329

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-06-27 at 09:24.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 11:19   Link #3213
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

You now realize that the Control Ending just made this image canon:

Spoiler for This Hurts You:

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 11:56   Link #3214
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Ah, the EE DLC is available? Nice I can finally go and finish this game (stopped playing after Rannoch).

And I just now realised that all the multiplayer DLC were for free. *sigh* Well, that's what I get for never looking such stuff.
Old 2012-06-27, 12:08   Link #3215
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

You owe me a drink, that i spat up when i laughed too hard at this.
Old 2012-06-27, 12:27   Link #3216
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

I can live with that

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 13:15   Link #3217
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Cant shepard just like....make a new him with that power? I know tali wouldnt care what he looks like.
Old 2012-06-27, 13:23   Link #3218
ZeroForever

hm... the revised ending was better then the original but a polished turd is a still a turd.

1/10 ending to prob like a 4/10 ending.

The glaring plot holes are still abound and a few new ones were added to close out existing one ones. (normandy evac seriously.....)

Honestly they should have kept with the black matter concepts rather then the star child BS...
Old 2012-06-27, 14:08   Link #3219
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
hm... the revised ending was better then the original but a polished turd is a still a turd.

1/10 ending to prob like a 4/10 ending.

The glaring plot holes are still abound and a few new ones were added to close out existing one ones. (normandy evac seriously.....)

Honestly they should have kept with the black matter concepts rather then the star child BS...
Yeah the ending is still not very good, but at least it is somewhat a improvement.

And how was this 2gig?
Old 2012-06-27, 14:21   Link #3220
dmaxzero

If these endings were to be available in the game forom the beginning then it wouldnt have been such an issue in the first place. These endings, objetively speaking, are good. They close the saga, maybe not in the way we wanted, or how we envisioned... The endings are still not perfect, and some stuff is still in the open but is not THAT bad as when the game was originally delivered.
Anyway, I am kind of OK now... I can let Shepard rest, or maybe not, if you took the destruction ending XD
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
effect, games, mass