AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Old 2011-06-02, 16:09   Link #441
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Bioware releases a game early? People complain. Bioware releases a game late? People complain.
Old 2011-06-02, 16:10   Link #442
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
wrong ... this annoyed me.

Quote:
Mass Effect 3 might be about big-scale battles and the fate of all worlds, but there's still time for love. There's an epic battle for Shepard's heart, after all. If you were suave in Mass Effect 1 and 2, then you have two love interests, both vying for you as worlds are about to end. This love triangle will be resolved by the end of Mass Effect 3, so look forward to walking off into the sunset with Liara. I mean, seriously, who else would you want to be with -- Kaidan?
the guy who did this artical needs to be beaten to a pulp.. because oh yes.. we ALL want to bang the bi sexual alien race. I mean because we all perfer to play as a female shepard too right?
Old 2011-06-02, 18:02   Link #443
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
a) Almost everyone goes for Liara in ME1, because she's the callback to all the green-skinned space babes Kirk boned during Star Trek TOS.

b) Literally everybody I know who has played ME played a female Shepard.

So yeah, don't get your panties in a wad. Shepard may be canonically male but most of the fanbase plays a female Shepard.
Old 2011-06-02, 18:43   Link #444
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
a) Almost everyone goes for Liara in ME1, because she's the callback to all the green-skinned space babes Kirk boned during Star Trek TOS.

So yeah, don't get your panties in a wad. Shepard may be canonically male but most of the fanbase plays a female Shepard.
http://www.1up.com/news/bioware-deta...effect-2-stats

In regards to point B.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 19:38   Link #445
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:

heres your "fanbase" of femsheps

Quote:
agreed, the male shepard is a tard, female shepard is hotz
Posted: Sep 07, 2010 12:00AM PST by IWillViolateYourPrecious

why anyone would want to play a male version over a female character is beyond me.

I prefer more boobage than sausage-ness
I'm dissapointed in the rest of my gender....

I said it before, Female shepards VAer isnt so much better than male shepards. and its sad that people choose over that.

i mean no offence to those who pick female shepard. only the ones who are like the twit in the quote.

I do wish male shep did a better job like he sounded on the trailer..

we have to give it everything! .. even if that means our lives.. We will stop At NOTHING.. we will FIGHT.. for the lost...

then THHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the rest of the game....

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2011-06-02 at 19:49.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 20:23   Link #446
Hooves
~In Wonderland~
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
So for the battle for Sheperd's heart, that will require the person to have both Mass Effect 1 and 2 I suppose?
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 20:32   Link #447
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
So for the battle for Sheperd's heart, that will require the person to have both Mass Effect 1 and 2 I suppose?
na just the desisions. if you romanced Ash in 1 and tali in 2, those two will fight over you in 3 or something hehe
Old 2011-06-02, 20:44   Link #448
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
na just the desisions. if you romanced Ash in 1 and tali in 2, those two will fight over you in 3 or something hehe
I doubt that. Though it would be interesting. If anything they might both confront you like in ME1 and force you to make a decision or you end up with none of them. I really hope it won't be anything THAT simple and predictable though.

Now if you get the chance to have them BOTH be okay with sharing you than HELL YES!!
Anime evaluating:Wonder Momo
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 23:01   Link #449
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

yea i missed that.. sure you get a little bit in 2 with michael j- Maranda vs Jack. but no tali V miranda or jack.
Old 2011-06-02, 23:18   Link #450
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Wow, 80% played a male Shepard?

Maybe Bioware's fudging the stats so the model who was the male Shepard's base doesn't get mad.

Action game heroes are almost consistently canonically male OR they're sexually-objectified sluts with ginormous tits.

Need more badass non-sexualized women like female Shepard. And female Hawke. Fer realz.
Old 2011-06-02, 23:42   Link #451
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Wow, 80% played a male Shepard?

Maybe Bioware's fudging the stats so the model who was the male Shepard's base doesn't get mad.
I think it's more like the vast majority of FemShep players might have turned the "Upload my Gameplay Data" option off in the options menu.
Old 2011-06-02, 23:48   Link #452
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Or played while not connected to the EA servers, which is what happened to me for 90% of the time I spent playing ME2. It kept kicking me off repeatedly.
Old 2011-06-02, 23:49   Link #453
kujoe
from head to heel

I don't see how that's not plausible. Male, soldier Shepard seems to be common as water. If anything, what you think is the majority is really just the most vocal.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 01:01   Link #454
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

No offense, but I would trust Bioware's stat tracking system over personal opinion - first-hand or otherwise - on what is the "majority". Personal experience is a good guide, but it falls flat against a more extensive and objective system if you try to push it as empirical evidence, even if you do account for all manner of variables that could skew the results, ex. the aforementioned option to turn off gameplay data sharing, etc.

Assumptions like "they must've fudged the numbers!" strikes me as cynical and biased, and while we cannot discount such a malicious possibility, to leap towards such a conclusion as if it is the definitive explanation is unscientific at best. Presume Innocent until proven Guilty is the adage, and until we have concrete, non-biased proof that Bioware is lying with their numbers then I would better believe their stats stating that 80% of all ME2 players went for male Shepard rather than female, despite any personal opinions to the contrary.

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 01:07   Link #455
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Pretty much.

Honestly, the loudest of forums are not a representative of the larger community.

Generally, the loudest ( and most constructive of the loudest ) normally represents the more hardcore and critical fanbase, the kind that replays the game 10 times, gets all the merchandise, and puts on their 'Rocket Science' cap everytime Mass Effect physics are brought onto discussion... but those are minorities.

For us, some of the marketing decisions and approach that Bioware does for its game advertising makes us facepalm due to how cliche and blatant it is... but it works for a lot of people.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 01:47   Link #456
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
No offense, but I would trust Bioware's stat tracking system over personal opinion - first-hand or otherwise - on what is the "majority". Personal experience is a good guide, but it falls flat against a more extensive and objective system if you try to push it as empirical evidence, even if you do account for all manner of variables that could skew the results, ex. the aforementioned option to turn off gameplay data sharing, etc.

Assumptions like "they must've fudged the numbers!" strikes me as cynical and biased, and while we cannot discount such a malicious possibility, to leap towards such a conclusion as if it is the definitive explanation is unscientific at best. Presume Innocent until proven Guilty is the adage, and until we have concrete, non-biased proof that Bioware is lying with their numbers then I would better believe their stats stating that 80% of all ME2 players went for male Shepard rather than female, despite any personal opinions to the contrary.
Pretty sure you misunderstood me. I was saying the players of the female Shepard are more likely to be of the more hardcore variety, who would not like DRM or being spied on and would obviously turn off that stat gathering option. That's still a minority. I feel those stats are slightly skewed a bit off and that four fifths of the player base playing male is not quite correct and that maybe three quarters would be a better measurement.
Old 2011-06-03, 02:02   Link #457
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

And I was just being a smartass.

Edit: I'm a girl who's tired of game heroes not being girls, or if they are girls, being oversexualized whorebags. And don't say "hurr go play jRPGs" because seriously, I don't really like the jRPG game mechanics. I find them dull and repetitive...

... despite the fact that I am totally buying Atelier Rorona as soon as I get a PS3...
Old 2011-06-03, 02:25   Link #458
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
I wonder if I should feel ashamed by the fact that I don't get that referrence, having watcing VERY little Star Trek

Romanced Liara and proud of it though .
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 02:27   Link #459
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

ME1 is a big ole Shout Out to classic sci-fi serials of the 60s, 70s and 80s.

ME2 is a Shout Out to 90s sci-fi, easily identified by the grittier, darker 90s-anti-hero feel.
Old 2011-06-03, 02:35   Link #460
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
ME1 is a big ole Shout Out to classic sci-fi serials of the 60s, 70s and 80s.

ME2 is a Shout Out to 90s sci-fi, easily identified by the grittier, darker 90s-anti-hero feel.
Hmmmmm.... So, what'll the third one be supposed to be a shout-out to?
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
effect, games, mass