AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-11, 23:07   Link #2501
DuoRanger
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: who knows?
http://imgur.com/ilayT,kAthw,DGApy,9bOwK#3

a perfect "earshot" and my last version of leona
this time i've used this image as reference, since this is the most accurate
Spoiler:


looks good?
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 23:16   Link #2502
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
I like that ponytail style (not sure what it is called). There's a couple of short twintail styles in the Apache mod - but no one seems to have figured out how to make a longer twintail. I suppose the mechanics are just too tough since one would want them to be mobile and not stiff.
__________________
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 00:32   Link #2503
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Yeah. The ironic thing about trying to level enchantment/Alchemy, is that you end up with lots of expensive junk that you have trouble selling. Sure, you could invest in Speech perks, but who does that? So what happens is that in order to get rid of useless $2000 potions, I end up buying filled soul gems from general stores.

I also end up drowning in ebony ingots for the same reason. After reaching 100 Alchemy, the potions I got rid of gave me so much cash, I bought a house in Solitude.

At some point, I decided that it is more convenient to buy soul gems than filling them myself. They are just not as rare as past games. The weird thing is, Mammoths are so inconvenient to soul trap, that I only ever bother to do it once. All the other grand souls I bought in bulk from merchants.
I don't even buy them. Looting them has been enough.

But what's so inconvenient about mammoths?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 01:03   Link #2504
Masuzu
サイアク、トキメキ、ヘンシン、コクハク
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: プールなんですよ
So I met a giant for the first time, he was a pretty nice guy.

Before I started throwing fire and shit at the Mammoth...then...

...then I became the first Mage in space.
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 01:46   Link #2505
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't even buy them. Looting them has been enough.

But what's so inconvenient about mammoths?
They don't respawn quickly enough. And when I need Grand souls, I usually need a dozen at a time. It's just faster to buy grand soul gems filled.

Just an update:
I have acquired and unenchanted the Shield of Solitude. The result is that I have finally managed to craft a ring and amulet set that, combined, give my follower complete magic immunity (29%+23% each). This is good, as that means any follower (Except Mjol the Lioness who is bugged and can't wear rings) can become immune to magic, no matter what class they are.

My only remaining problem is my mage player character. She is using her amulet and ring for spell casting reduction, and obviously don't use shields. Still, with my Housecarl as my tank, I think I don't need to worry about it.
__________________

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2012-04-12 at 09:08.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 09:28   Link #2506
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kitch-Water and T.O., Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
They don't respawn quickly enough. And when I need Grand souls, I usually need a dozen at a time. It's just faster to buy grand soul gems filled.

Just an update:
I have acquired and unenchanted the Shield of Solitude. The result is that I have finally managed to craft a ring and amulet set that, combined, give my follower complete magic immunity (29%+23% each). This is good, as that means any follower (Except Mjol the Lioness who is bugged and can't wear rings) can become immune to magic, no matter what class they are.

My only remaining problem is my mage player character. She is using her amulet and ring for spell casting reduction, and obviously don't use shields. Still, with my Housecarl as my tank, I think I don't need to worry about it.
*drool*

Good thing Mages have the movement ai to kite their targets (until they run out of mana when they go to melee range and start bitch slapping their target with their hands)
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 09:32   Link #2507
DuoRanger
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: who knows?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
So I met a giant for the first time, he was a pretty nice guy.

Before I started throwing fire and shit at the Mammoth...then...

...then I became the first Mage in space.
i've started to giants on lvl 8 with archery
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 09:46   Link #2508
Masuzu
サイアク、トキメキ、ヘンシン、コクハク
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: プールなんですよ
^ I'm level 4, never knew giants could waltz up cliffs like that--you should have seen my face before my character became an astronaut.
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 10:11   Link #2509
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
^ I'm level 4, never knew giants could waltz up cliffs like that--you should have seen my face before my character became an astronaut.
I am just surprised that the soldiers at the Whiterun outpost, you know, the place where the first dragon kill happens, are invulnerable until their quest starts. So when I was using the tower as refuge from the giant, the soldiers just chipped the giant to death slowly.

Most people would have done the quest early, so that would probably not have been noticeable to them.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 13:07   Link #2510
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
I'm getting really tempted to install the "able to kill anyone" mod when I have NPCs who are totally done with their quest lines standing around when I need to kill another NPC. In reality, I'd kill them both (silence the witness) but no, they just crouch there and won't die.

I have a character that loathes Imperial soldiers and never misses a chance to kill one... but several times now I've been blocked because an "essential" was watching.
__________________
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 13:27   Link #2511
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'm getting really tempted to install the "able to kill anyone" mod when I have NPCs who are totally done with their quest lines standing around when I need to kill another NPC. In reality, I'd kill them both (silence the witness) but no, they just crouch there and won't die.

I have a character that loathes Imperial soldiers and never misses a chance to kill one... but several times now I've been blocked because an "essential" was watching.
I have a feeling some characters are only kept as Essentials because they want to keep their options open for the expansion pack. I really want Blackbriar dead, for example, but she can't be killed.

There really isn't any character you can't kill in the PC version if you really wanted to, either through mod or console commands...

...except one. Sheogorath. The Prince of Madness. He is literally invincible; not even the Console Commands can kill him. There is just no game data that allows him to die.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 14:03   Link #2512
DuoRanger
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: who knows?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I have a feeling some characters are only kept as Essentials because they want to keep their options open for the expansion pack. I really want Blackbriar dead, for example, but she can't be killed.

There really isn't any character you can't kill in the PC version if you really wanted to, either through mod or console commands...

...except one. Sheogorath. The Prince of Madness. He is literally invincible; not even the Console Commands can kill him. There is just no game data that allows him to die.
you can't kill the madness because he's the god of trolls!
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 14:07   Link #2513
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I have a feeling some characters are only kept as Essentials because they want to keep their options open for the expansion pack. I really want Blackbriar dead, for example, but she can't be killed.

There really isn't any character you can't kill in the PC version if you really wanted to, either through mod or console commands...

...except one. Sheogorath. The Prince of Madness. He is literally invincible; not even the Console Commands can kill him. There is just no game data that allows him to die.
Interesting... yeah, I thought about having one character try to take down the Black-Briar empire from the bottom up but I guess that's out unless I install the "all things can be killed" mod.

Is there any word on an expansion/dlc? I figured Bethesda would move on to the next Scrolls world.
__________________
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 14:17   Link #2514
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Is there any word on an expansion/dlc? I figured Bethesda would move on to the next Scrolls world.
Oh, no. The last three TES all have their own expansions, so Skyrim would be no different. It's in the works. But as you might imagine, them trying to fix the PS3 bug has took far longer than anticipated.

And even after that, the next Bethesda game would not be TES, but likely Fallout 4. They do things in rotation, so as to keep things fresh.

Quote:
Interesting... yeah, I thought about having one character try to take down the Black-Briar empire from the bottom up but I guess that's out unless I install the "all things can be killed" mod.
Interesting to point out that the daughter of the Black-Briar is a good woman, and I would feel bad killing her mum even if she was evil and deserved it. I would take the option of giving her prison time instead, just because there is someone innocent who would mourn her death.

The more morally black is Markarth. I would rather the entire political system there burn down to the ground. I feel like being some Biblical Avenging Angel, looking for the few good people to lead out of the city before I butcher the rest with extreme prejudice.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 14:18   Link #2515
Vena
Carpe Diem
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ||At the edge of finality.||
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Is there any word on an expansion/dlc? I figured Bethesda would move on to the next Scrolls world.
All I've heard was the news from back way when that expansions/DLC would be very large additions to the game. Nothing more than that has floated to the surface that I'm aware of yet.

That said, anyone have the remedy for a custom-inserted follower teleporting back to their designated spawn/rally point and you being stuck with an *invisible* follower that you cannot remove? I have my follow disappear after a reload, they're back in Helgen Keep, and I cannot re-recruit them because, technically, I never sent them away in the first place. So I'm sort of stuck.

Was it because I chose Helgen Keep?
__________________
Transcend Eternity
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 14:24   Link #2516
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kitch-Water and T.O., Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Well they have expansions for Morrowind and Oblivion, so it's a natural assumption.

But I think that essential toggling is just sloppy programming like everything else by Bethesda. I didn't buy shimmering isle and played the morrowind bundle all at once, so I don't actually experience 'preserved npc for future expansion' xP
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 14:32   Link #2517
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
All I've heard was the news from back way when that expansions/DLC would be very large additions to the game. Nothing more than that has floated to the surface that I'm aware of yet.

That said, anyone have the remedy for a custom-inserted follower teleporting back to their designated spawn/rally point and you being stuck with an *invisible* follower that you cannot remove? I have my follow disappear after a reload, they're back in Helgen Keep, and I cannot re-recruit them because, technically, I never sent them away in the first place. So I'm sort of stuck.

Was it because I chose Helgen Keep?
No, there's a workaround for that... but I can't remember off the top of my head (happened to me once)... I think I just had to drop back to an earlier save and write off the time wasted. Which custom follower mod are you using? Some of them are just broken.

Here's one possibility, an open quest that assumes the quest-giver is your follower is still lurking about:
Quote:
Are you in the middle of the Companions' quest Proving Honor? I had an issue where I started that quest before I got Lydia, then I dismissed Faendal (who I had with me), and when I went to get Lydia to follow me, both she and Faendal said I had a companion already.

The issue for me was that in Proving Honor, Farkas is supposed to be your Shield-Sibling which means he follows you through that quest. So even if you said you'd meet him there, if you get rid of your companion, he takes their place. I finished the quest and returned to the Companions for their little initiation ritual and I was able to get my other companion back since Farkas isn't needed anymore.

That's from my experience at least. Never tried to attempt the quest with Farkas and a companion. I would assume there are other quests like that where a character is supposed to go with you for a quest, so if that's the issue/solution, it might help to try and finish that quest and see. Hope that helps.

from someone called bibliophile1984 on the giantbomb.com website...
I seem to have the most problems with quests that replace an existing follower with an NPC quest follower -- Like when I followed Erandur to the temple in Dawnstar. Erandur vanished AND it wouldn't let me rehire a follower. I ended up backing up to a prior game save and dismissing the follower BEFORE I spoke to Erandur.

==============
I've got a created-from-scratch follower (Misty) who is "insane" in all the character saves outside of the first one I hired her in. The first time I used her (player character Dravik), she worked fine, I dismiss, I rehire -- all things work well and still working. ANY other character tries to visit the Inn where she starts and she's wreaking havoc trying and sometimes succeeding in killing the NPCs around her and not responding to my character at all.
Its quite weird and I've just put her away for now.
__________________
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 14:36   Link #2518
Vena
Carpe Diem
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ||At the edge of finality.||
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Here's one possibility, an open quest that assumes the quest-giver is your follower is still lurking about:
I seem to have the most problems with quests that replace an existing follower with an NPC quest follower -- Like when I followed Erandur to the temple and he vanished AND it wouldn't let me rehire a follower. I ended up backing up to a prior game save and dismissing the follower BEFORE I spoke to Erandur.
This is literally out of the starting gate for the whole game, so unless the imperial/stormcloak person that you follow is being counted as a companion/follower, I don't see what could be causing the issue. They just up and disappear, quite literally, if you reload a save. And you can even see them in the snapshot of the save...

I have it set up such that the follower is another prisoner during the start of the game and you can choose to rescue them, where upon they follow you and move in to an inn if you tell them to go their own way... and if you leave them behind they die.
__________________
Transcend Eternity
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 14:42   Link #2519
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Well they have expansions for Morrowind and Oblivion, so it's a natural assumption.

But I think that essential toggling is just sloppy programming like everything else by Bethesda. I didn't buy shimmering isle and played the morrowind bundle all at once, so I don't actually experience 'preserved npc for future expansion' xP
In Morrowind, they don't have any essential characters. They just tell you on-screen that you messed up the main quest, if you kill someone irreplaceable. And that you should reload.

Oblivion is interesting, as the game marks essential characters with a tiny crown when you talk to them. This means you don't just can't kill them; you are TOLD to never even try. Skyrim didn't have that feature, so it may annoy you to find out someone is essential only after you tried killing them. But I guess the Essential marker being visible would be a type of spoiler.

Oblivion Essential List: Note that like Skyrim, some never stopped being Essential. But I guess Skyrim has far more annoying NCs I want dead than Oblivion.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Essential_NPCs
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 14:56   Link #2520
DuoRanger
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: who knows?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
In Morrowind, they don't have any essential characters. They just tell you on-screen that you messed up the main quest, if you kill someone irreplaceable. And that you should reload.

Oblivion is interesting, as the game marks essential characters with a tiny crown when you talk to them. This means you don't just can't kill them; you are TOLD to never even try. Skyrim didn't have that feature, so it may annoy you to find out someone is essential only after you tried killing them. But I guess the Essential marker being visible would be a type of spoiler.

Oblivion Essential List: Note that like Skyrim, some never stopped being Essential. But I guess Skyrim has far more annoying NCs I want dead than Oblivion.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Essential_NPCs
Maven is immune to the setessential and mehune's razor enchant

well if they made a expansion based on the war against the elves, probbaly we'll see the Dovahkiin re-uniting the empire from the ashes.

i really hope that the first expansion could be at least high rock and hammerfell, i would like to see at least the remnants of the underking.
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.