AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Old 2012-06-03, 00:12   Link #2741
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Seriously though, I don't mind the blood drinking, I am just annoyed at the inconvenience. It would be like if you are forced to transform into a werewolf for 24 hours once every month on a fixed date. Makes sense in the lore, but makes it undesirable.

If they make it possible for me to drink blood during combat, like what I saw in the trailer, then it would solve everything. I would just take a bite out of random bandits once in a while, much simpler.
Well, if the blood mechanics are terrible than at least the PC gamers aan wait for a Blood Sucking mod fix.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 00:23   Link #2742
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Well, if the blood mechanics are terrible than at least the PC gamers aan wait for a Blood Sucking mod fix.
It's just that it doesn't make sense currently, that I could only feed on sleeping humans. Every 5 minutes on average I decapitate someone in Skyrim. There is no reason I can't just push them down and start feasting.
Old 2012-06-03, 00:28   Link #2743
Destined_Fate

Well maybe Dawnguard will make it work... If it doesn't there's always mod for the PC community. Console community is kinda screwed though, sadly.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 00:50   Link #2744
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

PC is the way to go with Elder Scrolls games. I'll make sure I have a PC that can run TES VI well when it releases.
Old 2012-06-03, 09:44   Link #2745
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Still better then Orgin
That doesn't make the problems steam does have go away though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Reinstall?

Normally I just fully uninstall all mods and then verify integrity of game cache when something like that happens, though that hasn't happened to me with Skyrim, only with New Vegas. Takes far less time than reinstalling, even though it requires more effort.
Probably, but uninstalling the mods was the problem here. It was a bunch of files with names I couldn't remember dumped into the games main folder. I ended up updating the mods and everything works fine again. For now.
Old 2012-06-03, 11:40   Link #2746
risingstar3110
Dead Master ★ BRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Dawnguard Trailer
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Plot should be pretty obvious, choose to either become a vampire lord or join an army of vampire hunters.

Shit about the month-long Xbox exclusivity, but at least us PC gamers still have mods.
Anyone know how Dawnguard work?(i expect it will be similar to Fallout, but haven't played it) Like a mod on top of Skyrim? Are current unofficial mods compatible with it?
Old 2012-06-03, 15:14   Link #2747
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
aslong as the mod doesn't intervine with the quest and character appearance changes it shouldn't
Old 2012-06-03, 18:48   Link #2748
DuoRanger
Banned

man i would like to see at least a Hexen/Heretic Weapons mod for Skyrim, at least the Cleric's BFG staff
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 21:12   Link #2749
sa547
*Author

Anya (that's her name) is Level 12 now, but I'm still figuring out what build I should get, but I think I want a build that can do a bit of sniping (for sneak arrow kills), and then engage in melee (I'm more of this), then uses light magic for healing (I'm getting lousy at mage warfare -- I just have to kill the necro up close and personal).

Also, acting on the advice of a mutual friend, I'm not going to finish the main quest, but act on the sidequests that helps to build up the toon. I'll add mods only after I get to study how they work (it's like adding mods to 3D Custom Girl) -- I don't want to reinstall when one mod breaks the rest.
Old 2012-06-03, 22:54   Link #2750
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Anya (that's her name) is Level 12 now, but I'm still figuring out what build I should get, but I think I want a build that can do a bit of sniping (for sneak arrow kills), and then engage in melee (I'm more of this), then uses light magic for healing (I'm getting lousy at mage warfare -- I just have to kill the necro up close and personal).

Also, acting on the advice of a mutual friend, I'm not going to finish the main quest, but act on the sidequests that helps to build up the toon. I'll add mods only after I get to study how they work (it's like adding mods to 3D Custom Girl) -- I don't want to reinstall when one mod breaks the rest.
I suggest one-handed as a backup; whether you want to go dual wielding or 1 handed with shield/magic is up to you. Although it sounds like shield would be a good investment from your description of killing mages up close since the block tree receives an elemental resist perk.

I also suggest going to Skyrim Nexus later on and getting Nexus Mod Manager. Extremely useful for organizing all your mods in one place, and it installs downloaded mods for you, which is better overall, unless the developer of the mod lists specific instructions otherwise.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 07:08   Link #2751
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
That doesn't make the problems steam does have go away though.

Probably, but uninstalling the mods was the problem here. It was a bunch of files with names I couldn't remember dumped into the games main folder. I ended up updating the mods and everything works fine again. For now.
Of course steam does have a few annoying problems, but it is still better then orgin.
Old 2012-06-04, 15:47   Link #2752
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Holy Crap guys check out this armor! http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=18028 Male only tho sorry ladies :P
Old 2012-06-04, 17:39   Link #2753
DuoRanger
Banned

1 thing that i've learned with skyrim like oblivion

Male armor = Lore friendly and awesome
Female armor = Armor made by strippers for strippers!(nausicaa's creations mainly)
Old 2012-06-04, 17:46   Link #2754
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I'm sure they are working on the female version, doesn't matter to me, Nightengale is all my girly needs. I just wonna see how long it takes for someone to sex this armor up XD
Old 2012-06-04, 18:20   Link #2755
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRanger View Post
1 thing that i've learned with skyrim like oblivion

Male armor = Lore friendly and awesome
Female armor = Armor made by strippers for strippers!(nausicaa's creations mainly)
yeah, his have moved from "marginally lore-ish maybe from a far land" to "red light district stupid". But seriously browsing through the popular downloads tells me more about the anatomical dimwittery out there (e.g. yet another J-cup spine shattering failure of evolution coupled with gear that does not physically work (what is that hanging from? is it stapled on? why are those not down at her knees from the weight?)

If that amuses someone, meh.... but what it does mean is that there are very few/none putting out "fashionable but functional" stuff. The Norse culture had some amazing patternwork and fashion --- very little do we see. The Redguards should have some quite interesting ... say, Persian inspired stuff... nada. Elvish gear... go nuts with curves and stuff.... sigh.
Old 2012-06-04, 18:23   Link #2756
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Ahah, yes Duo female armour is extremly skimpy, kind of insane They would get some serious frostbite on the top of mountains.
Old 2012-06-04, 18:47   Link #2757
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
yeah, his have moved from "marginally lore-ish maybe from a far land" to "red light district stupid". But seriously browsing through the popular downloads tells me more about the anatomical dimwittery out there (e.g. yet another J-cup spine shattering failure of evolution coupled with gear that does not physically work (what is that hanging from? is it stapled on? why are those not down at her knees from the weight?)

If that amuses someone, meh.... but what it does mean is that there are very few/none putting out "fashionable but functional" stuff. The Norse culture had some amazing patternwork and fashion --- very little do we see. The Redguards should have some quite interesting ... say, Persian inspired stuff... nada. Elvish gear... go nuts with curves and stuff.... sigh.
There's a incredbly awesome redguard armor made by hothtrooper(bale only for now)
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=13500

man im lovin this pack
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=13500
Old 2012-06-04, 18:52   Link #2758
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Well i finally ended up creating a character build and concept whit which i'm pleased (inspired myself from queen's blade for this one :P):

My new char is named Hinamoto Tomoe known only by a selected few as the Akavir Miko (Miko means priestess in japanese) her story being:

READ THIS FIRST: be careful the following character story may contain spoilers for the Skyrim main quest (for the tl;dr version skip the spoiler):

Spoiler for Character Full Story:

TL;DR version: She's the Akavir Miko (one of there most guarded secrets that even few of the blades knew) the true Dragonborn :P.

Images
Screens of the character:

Images
Screens of the hideout

Images
A few wise words from Uncle Sheo :heh:

Last edited by delorean2200; 2012-06-08 at 12:02.
delorean2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 20:42   Link #2759
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post
Well i finally ended up creating a character build and concept whit which i'm pleased (inspired myself from queen's blade for this one :P):

My new char is named Hinamoto Tomoe known only by a selected few as the Akavir Miko (Miko means priestess in japanese) her story being:

READ THIS FIRST: be careful the following character story may contain spoilers for the Skyrim main quest (for the tl;dr version skip the spoiler):

TL;DR version: She's the Akavir Miko (one of there most guarded secrets that even few of the blades knew) the true Dragonborn :P.

Spoiler for Screens of the character::

Spoiler for Screens of the hideout:

Spoiler for A few wise words from Uncle Sheo :heh::
Amazing detail, really awesome that story. What face mod are you using? Looks intense.

Il post my hellsing character when he is made
Old 2012-06-04, 23:11   Link #2760
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post

Spoiler for Screens of the character::

Spoiler for Screens of the hideout:

Spoiler for A few wise words from Uncle Sheo :heh::
Holy crap, that was a wall of text if I ever saw one. Still, read through it and I like the detail.

Been searching forever for a male Asian themed armor, and glad I came across the Akavir armors and the Ronin armor:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=17779 <-- akaviri

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=17368 <-- ronin
Who is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim