AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-11, 19:21   Link #521
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

so like... I think my horse just killed a dragon by itself with the help of a nearby npc.

I pretty much only got a few arrows and swings (plus a power attack) off. The horse is surprisingly tanky even though I am always afraid of it dying (costs 1k!).
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 19:39   Link #522
Rethice
Kingslayer

Send a message via AIM to Rethice Send a message via MSN to Rethice
Is anyone else playing an Orc? Or am I the only anime fan crazy enough to enjoy making my male characters as GAR (or ugly) as possible?

I ask because I find the Berserker Rage daily power incredibly useful. Every dungeon seems to have one or two really challenging fights, and the Berserker rage just kicks ass. I died my first time to the spider boss in the first dungeon, came back, berserk rage, mash left click and it went down like a wet towel. Was also super effective on the first dragon.

I was pretty happy with my dragon kill - because I was berserker raging I just ran at its face and chopped like nuts, because of that I got a fancy killing animation where I jumped on his neck and rode him around while chopping. Anyone else manage to get that?
Old 2011-11-11, 20:06   Link #523
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethice View Post
Is anyone else playing an Orc? Or am I the only anime fan crazy enough to enjoy making my male characters as GAR (or ugly) as possible?

I ask because I find the Berserker Rage daily power incredibly useful. Every dungeon seems to have one or two really challenging fights, and the Berserker rage just kicks ass. I died my first time to the spider boss in the first dungeon, came back, berserk rage, mash left click and it went down like a wet towel. Was also super effective on the first dragon.

I was pretty happy with my dragon kill - because I was berserker raging I just ran at its face and chopped like nuts, because of that I got a fancy killing animation where I jumped on his neck and rode him around while chopping. Anyone else manage to get that?
urg... i regret not going Orc (did not know about the hard hitting "bosses"). Went redguard for the +10 1hander (sword+board and dual wielding). Adrenaline rush is pretty powerful too as a dps tool, potentially outdpsing berserker rage's double damage when I get my power attack perks (as power atks become spammable).

Question: How does the critical charge perk work? Does it guarantee a crit or does it does double crit damage if it crits?
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 20:10   Link #524
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
^There are shortcut keys..? Press 1-9 on favorites menu.
Weird I tried that first time i played, nothin. now that i tried again it worked @_@
Old 2011-11-11, 20:27   Link #525
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

@Kyero: Your guy is ruggedly handsome. I liked the facial marking so much I ended up putting something similar on my dunmer. Also, scars! They're so badass.

@Rethice: I don't do ugly. Not like orc anyway. I prefer argonians.

Doing an assassin/warrior hybrid. 1handing along with stealth and archery. At the rate I'm going though, my lockpick is going to suck.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 21:51   Link #526
Tong
Now, come at me

Send a message via MSN to Tong Send a message via Skype™ to Tong
I like how the dungeon bosses are single hitting me..

May have to do with Expert difficult setting.
Old 2011-11-11, 21:52   Link #527
Irkalla
I asked for this

It's 3.50 am and I'm still up playing Skyrim, lol! I'm totally obsessed and my social life is going to die this weekend.

I'm playing a fem Nord warrior..yeah I caved under the pressure. Wanted to actually make a wood elf thief/archer, but changed my mind because everyone is racist in Skyrim

Here she is. I wanted to make her Nord-badass, but also a bit pretty
Old 2011-11-11, 22:00   Link #528
Who

Your social life won't die alone.

I had no idea what was what since I'm a TES virgin and this is my first one (getting the other four tomorrow morning). Playing a Nord warrior; probably going either shield/2 handed. Don't know what else to get as of now; have several perks saved.

Pretty sad that the funnest part of the game for me so far was trying to catch fish in the river by the first town and drowning lololol. It ranks up there with me dying in the first fire you see in the first level in Demon Souls.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 22:09   Link #529
Irkalla
I asked for this

*Fixing up coffee to keep on going*

My fav moment was when I jumped down a cliff on my horse. My horse died but I survived without a scratch Also the Dark Brotherhood initiation where you have to choose the target out of three peps. I killed all three just to be on the safe side; I got complimented.
Old 2011-11-11, 22:17   Link #530
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkalla View Post
I killed all three just to be on the safe side; I got complimented.
"The murderous urge is strong with this one"?
Old 2011-11-11, 22:23   Link #531
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
"The murderous urge is strong with this one"?
Lol!

She said I was an overachiever, in the good sense, I hope
Old 2011-11-11, 22:36   Link #532
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkalla View Post
She said I was an overachiever, in the good sense, I hope
Irkalla: People die when they are killed.
DBM: Wha-
Irkalla: *kills all three*
DBM: Yeah, they're dead.
Irkalla: ;D?
DBM: You've overachieved, and I'm honestly a little turned on by that enthusiasm.
Irkalla: >:U Compliment?
DBM: Compliment.

edit: *hugs Irkalla* thanks for the rep. <3
Old 2011-11-11, 23:06   Link #533
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Your social life won't die alone.

I had no idea what was what since I'm a TES virgin and this is my first one (getting the other four tomorrow morning). Playing a Nord warrior; probably going either shield/2 handed. Don't know what else to get as of now; have several perks saved.

Pretty sad that the funnest part of the game for me so far was trying to catch fish in the river by the first town and drowning lololol. It ranks up there with me dying in the first fire you see in the first level in Demon Souls.
Don't bother. The other ones suck. They really do, if Skyrim is your first one, you'll just hate them.

Oh god my life ended the moment Skyrim came out. Too bad there's school on monday .. I've played Skyrim 17 hours now in total, 3 hours when it came out, then slept and now almost nonstop for 14 hours. And I'm not even tired.
Old 2011-11-11, 23:11   Link #534
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Been playing Skyrim for a total of 14 hours here. This game really does destroy one's social life compared to Modern Warfare III. Spending hours and hours just to get 4% done in the game overall
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 23:11   Link #535
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I've put about two hours into it now.

Really enjoying it so far.

Went with a female Nord with plans to concentrate on One Handed and Shield with some Archery to soften up the tough monsters. Running Heavy Armour because that stuff is just too cool.

I'll be dabbling in everything eventually though. I'm a bit dumbstruck on what to do or where to go but I imagine that'll fade soon as I get my bearings in the game world.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 23:24   Link #536
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
What to do? Where to go? You can go anywhere you want! That's what I love about TES games. The main quest is irrelevant unless you're interested in it. I only did MQ up to the point where I must meet the greybeards, then went off wondering about on my own doing side quests. Now I'm at the Mage College and I have to say the quest line here is very interesting and long. I've been at least five hours in here and I'm still not done.
Old 2011-11-11, 23:29   Link #537
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
It's just a bit over whelming at first.

Oblivion had the same feeling but I loved it and Skyrim seems to have that same vibe about it. Hell, I haven't even left Riverwood yet. I've been talking to people and just got the Golden Claw quest.

Time to go shiv some bandits I guess.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 23:35   Link #538
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

The collectors edition is bigger than my PS3, 360, and laptop stacked on top of each other.

Whether it's worth $256 S. Dollars I can't say...

... I'll need to bring visitors over first
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 00:30   Link #539
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Come on guys, post your character!

@ Irkalla - she looks like a perfect match for my rugged handsome bad ass she's bad ass lookin, and a nice face at the same time.

;_; am I the only one with a main male PC?

Spoiler for Also, (a little long, but heart warming):

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2011-11-12 at 00:46.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 00:47   Link #540
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
;_; am I the only one with a main male PC?
Don't worry, I'll be too... After I get Steam to work faster... >.>
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim