AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-18, 08:47   Link #861
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
PS: btw what is the advantage of dual weapons? More damage when press two buttons in the same time? Also how to activate other shouts? I only have the first 2 atm.
It seems power attack with dual weapons can hit multiple enemies. Try it and see. Also, perks.

As for shouts, you hunt for word walls. Some of the word walls are on the world map, marked by the symbol of a dragon head (and often guarded by a dragon). Some word walls are a reward at the end of certain quests. For example, you get a word wall very early on in your College of Winter Hold quest line.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2011-11-18 at 08:59.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 09:47   Link #862
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
It seems power attack with dual weapons can hit multiple enemies. Try it and see. Also, perks.

As for shouts, you hunt for word walls. Some of the word walls are on the world map, marked by the symbol of a dragon head (and often guarded by a dragon). Some word walls are a reward at the end of certain quests. For example, you get a word wall very early on in your College of Winter Hold quest line.
I already got 7-8 words wall. But the shout skills are grey out and only the first two can be selected.
Old 2011-11-18, 09:54   Link #863
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
is this pic real?

Left is Nightingale armor that you get towards the end of the thieves guild quest series (beside one of three once-per-day powers at the very end). Personally I don't intend to ever replace this armor set just for the sake of its badass assassin look (it's extremely good though anyway).

I highly recommend not to miss out on the thieves guild for it is one of the best and longest quest series in the game.

PS: the picture doesn't do it justice, you can barely see the nice sparkle coming from the eyes

Quote:
I already got 7-8 words wall. But the shout skills are grey out and only the first two can be selected.
You have to use dragon souls to activate newly learned shouts or enhance existing ones by pressing "R" (on PC obviously) once selected.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 10:26   Link #864
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

How to abuse in-game Physics......

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 10:52   Link #865
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
How does that count as '' abusing ''? He shot an arrow ; Of course it will land.
Old 2011-11-18, 11:00   Link #866
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post

Dual wielding is for DPS/High stam building. You can hold the power attack buttons down at once, or tap both of them at once.Also, crowd control. Though its useless against larger enemies in large groups. Anything from mudcrab to frost trolls can be aggro'd for CCA.

By the way, where is Become Ethereal word walls located?
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 11:49   Link #867
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
How does that count as '' abusing ''? He shot an arrow ; Of course it will land.
Less abusing, more like having fun with the physics system once again.

I have a question concerning the giants: is it a guaranteed one-hit-kill on anyone if their hit lands?
Old 2011-11-18, 11:51   Link #868
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
That video made my morning.

Although it's going to be ruined by the fact that blocking in third person view is horrible, and I dislike first person view. Third person blocking with a shield means you get hit by arrows that come directly at you from your front, even with the deflection perk while the shield is up.

Last edited by Who; 2011-11-18 at 12:18.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 11:52   Link #869
Tong
Now, come at me

Send a message via MSN to Tong Send a message via Skype™ to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
This made my week.
Semi related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFOSZ...eature=related
Old 2011-11-18, 12:20   Link #870
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
By the way, where is Become Ethereal word walls located?
Do the main quest, it would get you there early on.
Old 2011-11-18, 13:09   Link #871
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Going to Gloombound Mine was the right choice.
Got enough Ebony ore to craft a full set of armor, a greatsword, a bow and had still some left to upgrade a little. :3
Old 2011-11-18, 13:40   Link #872
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I tried to cure myself from being werewolf. And by the times i killed those witches and returned, Kodak has been killed by the Silver Hands. Is it what supported to happen?
Old 2011-11-18, 13:51   Link #873
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Yes it belongs to the questline, so don't worry. ^^
Old 2011-11-18, 13:54   Link #874
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Yes it belongs to the questline, so don't worry. ^^
Cool, thank. Was worried that i may messed up somewhere ^^
Old 2011-11-18, 13:56   Link #875
Haladflire65
*Artist

I just started playing for the first time and I'm in love! I started with a Khajiit but realized I'm really not that stealthy so switched over to Dark Elf... I think I'm going to try out every single race from now I still have so much to learn though... still don't know half of what's going on
Old 2011-11-18, 15:52   Link #876
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
I just started playing for the first time and I'm in love! I started with a Khajiit but realized I'm really not that stealthy so switched over to Dark Elf... I think I'm going to try out every single race from now I still have so much to learn though... still don't know half of what's going on
Try out breton instead. Friendly for beginners with an even out stats for magick skills. The conjure familiar spell they start out with also lets them summon a wolf to fight along side you, so you won't be entirely alone.

5+ to speech also gives them better chances to persuade and get better prices. Also, once you leave Helgen, make sure to find the Guardian stones and choose either of the three blessing signs. They'll help with your playstyle.

Bretons also have an innate resistance to magic for their lack of combat oriented skills, so you can use that plus the alteration skill tree to get a whopping 75% resist to all magic. Alteration also helps manipulate things to your advantage. i.e. spells like water breathing which can help you escape tough enemies. They also have dragonskin, which blocks and absorbs 50% of spell damage into magicka for 60 seconds.

Combat oriented, you might want Nord or Imperial. Nord has better skill in light and two handed while the imperials have the best restoration/heal of any race while also having good one hand, block, and heavy armor skill. Nords get battlecry, which makes enemies run away. Imperials have Voice of the Emperor, which calms nearby people for 60 seconds.

Redguards have 10+ to their one handed as well as a bonus to archery and destruction. So they're the most versatile race as far as race goes. They also have the power of stamina rush, which makes stamina regeneration x10 faster for a minute.

Orcs get 10+ to heavy armor and bonuses to one handed and two handed as well as smithing and enchanting. Which will help you if you want a character decked in gear you've created and refined yourself. Them ahving a bonus to both one and two handed also broaden the range you can choose. They also have ebrserker rage, which reduces damage taken by half and doubles your damage for a brief time. Will definitely help out for bosses.

If you aren't the sneaky type, then I don't know about either bosmer or dunmer. They get bonuses to sneak, and to be perfectly honest, you should choose a race that fully optimizes your playstyle for your first playthrough.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 17:25   Link #877
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
I was so close on joing the DB , and the thief guilds.

Killed the nanny The Kind, got the first thief quest. But then i felt sorry for the lizard (who will be thrown in jail if it was the thief or killed if it was the DB), so reload the whole thing, went down the sewage and slaughtered any of the thief guilds members, who's aggressive enough to attack me.

So decided to be a model citizen in the end..

PS: btw what is the advantage of dual weapons? More damage when press two buttons in the same time? Also how to activate other shouts? I only have the first 2 atm.
Stronger base power attack. Also it benefits from the dual wield branch of the one-handed tree. I think DWing is not as optimal if you did not get those perks. Once you have the attack speed perk 2/2 and also the +50% power attack damage perk DWing really shines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
In a way I feel that only three races are "optimal":
Breton: 25% resistance to magic and also allows you to absorb magic (good when you are in a pinch vs mages): it saved my life quite a few times. You will appreciate it when you fight bosses like the one where you get nettlebane from.

Orc: No passives. But the berserk is simply amazing: allowing you overcome challenges which you would not have any chance otherwise. A lot of end-dungeon bosses can hit around x5 harder than regular minions and berserk overpower them easily. Oh, if you are silly enough to make an orc assassin like me, berserk+double backstab damage gloves+x15 damage perk = guaranteed dead boss in 1 attack. Taking out giants have never been easier .

Redguard: Good alternative to orcs (esp if you are going to a 1 handed route). The stamina regen power allows for more power attacks. Also looks "human" if you are not into the orc look.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 18:54   Link #878
Who

Apart from the bound bow spell and muffle, which other conjuration/illusion) spells are beneficial for sneak based archers? I feel like fear/calm spells and their higher tiers are the way to go, but I like the idea of summons, like a ranger.

The thing about Master level conjuration spells, though is that they're not dispel-able. Would anyone like to share some insight? I would also like opinions on runes from the destruction tree, as they're the closest thing that players have to traps and it helps to mitigate the close range weaknesses archers have in open combat if they ever get stuck in it.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 20:08   Link #879
Tiberium Wolf

Do weapons get destroyed? I had 1 hand weapon going missing during combat. Good thing I had another else I would be screwed.

I am lvl 22 and damn that dungeon where u put 2 skulls to open a sarcophagus it's really hard. Its freaking mage that do too much lighting dmg. I guess I'll need to come back later when I am stronger.
Old 2011-11-18, 20:27   Link #880
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Do weapons get destroyed? I had 1 hand weapon going missing during combat. Good thing I had another else I would be screwed.

I am lvl 22 and damn that dungeon where u put 2 skulls to open a sarcophagus it's really hard. Its freaking mage that do too much lighting dmg. I guess I'll need to come back later when I am stronger.

You can be disarmed, and your weapon falls onto the ground. So, make sure you pick it back up or it's gone. ;D
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, no cheat, no exploit, rpg, skyrim, sneak level