AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-18, 20:54   Link #881
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
You can be disarmed, and your weapon falls onto the ground. So, make sure you pick it back up or it's gone. ;D
I did look in the ground but didn't find anything. God! I wish the game had something like The Witcher 2 that would highlight items.
Old 2011-11-18, 23:06   Link #882
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
I did look in the ground but didn't find anything. God! I wish the game had something like The Witcher 2 that would highlight items.
Sometimes the object flies quite a fair distance depending on what was used to disarm you owing to the wacky ragdoll physics. The weapon may have ended up in a place you didn't expect

Joined the Thieves Guild after crafting my very own Daedric Armor (odd choice I know), and the quests are actually very fun, though obviously not for the combat oriented. Nightingale Armor here I come

On Simple Solutions: "I bought the airline. It seemed neater."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 23:36   Link #883
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Spoiler for Mage question but may be spoiler, probably not:

How to make loads of money? Enchanting? Smithing? I haven't tried those.

Last edited by Izayoi; 2011-11-19 at 01:01.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 02:00   Link #884
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

I don't know why, but someone paid the DB for my head. Best news for me, since i want to wipe them out too, and there's no better way than let them coming to me
Old 2011-11-19, 04:20   Link #885
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

It happens sometimes when you steal a lot. The person you stole from found out but has no evidence to back his claims, so he hires thugs or the DB for revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
Spoiler for Mage question but may be spoiler, probably not:

How to make loads of money? Enchanting? Smithing? I haven't tried those.
Get lots of iron ore (farm it or buy it, it doesn't matter since it's dirt cheap in ore form) then use transmute to turn it into silver, then transmute the silver into gold. Craft golden rings, and enchant them (petty stones are the cheapest, and serve just fine), then sell them for lots of monies.

If you don't want to do the transmute step, as this can take a while, just craft iron daggers and enchant them. In vast quantities they still make a lot of money, enough for you to need several merchants if you want to sell them all.

Enchanting is the most important step, since that is what turns a measly 5-ish gold dagger into a 120-ish gold dagger.
Old 2011-11-19, 04:40   Link #886
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Or you can just kill dragons for souls and their bones and scales ;x. One dragon takes less than a minute to kill, and when you have many shrines discovered you can just fast travel to them. I'm not even doing that because it's boring, and I still have over 30k gold and nothing to use it on. Could have more, sure, but why? There's nothing to spend it on.

And yes, you can keep your stuff at arch mage quarters. I would buy the house in Whiterun though because it's next to the Smith shop as well as other shops.
Old 2011-11-19, 04:45   Link #887
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

The main problem for me right now is that the merchants runs out of money all the time. I've got 30+ enchanted necklaces and rings to sell, but before I can sell off my recent loot they are broke again... and my stashes are overflowing. I also had 60k gold yesterday, then decided to buy the Solitude house fully upgraded. That was after already buying Whiterun house fully upgraded.

I really need the perks in the Speech tree, but how do you easily raise that skill?

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 05:10   Link #888
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
I really need the perks in the Speech tree, but how do you easily raise that skill?
The bard's college in Solitude can train you in it. Since you have the money, it shouldn't take that long.
Old 2011-11-19, 06:39   Link #889
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
It happens sometimes when you steal a lot. The person you stole from found out but has no evidence to back his claims, so he hires thugs or the DB for revenge

Get lots of iron ore (farm it or buy it, it doesn't matter since it's dirt cheap in ore form) then use transmute to turn it into silver, then transmute the silver into gold. Craft golden rings, and enchant them (petty stones are the cheapest, and serve just fine), then sell them for lots of monies.

If you don't want to do the transmute step, as this can take a while, just craft iron daggers and enchant them. In vast quantities they still make a lot of money, enough for you to need several merchants if you want to sell them all.

Enchanting is the most important step, since that is what turns a measly 5-ish gold dagger into a 120-ish gold dagger.
Strange. I didn't steal anything from any one. Maybe the thief guild just want a little revenge. How do you transmute btw? I didn't know that you can transmute in this game.

Got my Dragon armour at last (real pity,no Dragon weapons). Spend around 6-9k buying leather and iron and lvl the smith to 100. Have to use glass weapons through (since i wear light). But legendary refining is more than enough for now.

I want to level my enchantment up through. Is the best way: enchanting cheap armour with lesser soul?
Old 2011-11-19, 06:43   Link #890
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

It's a spell that can be found or bought at several places. The halted stream camps just outside of whiterun is probably the easiest place.
Old 2011-11-19, 06:45   Link #891
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

Quote:
It's a spell that can be found or bought at several places. The halted stream camps just outside of whiterun is probably the easiest place.
Thank there. Btw, i plan to add only 1 damage of frost or lightning into my weapons (so it will have tons of charge). Just for the element effect.

Is element effect in this game useful? (like frost or lighting, will it stun or slow the enermy?)
Old 2011-11-19, 09:16   Link #892
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Frost will slow enemies, fire will set them aflame.

Also, I retract my earlier claim of going for gold rings. Just make and enchant iron daggers to sell, much cheaper, easier and takes less time.
Old 2011-11-19, 09:43   Link #893
Dist

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Thank there. Btw, i plan to add only 1 damage of frost or lightning into my weapons (so it will have tons of charge). Just for the element effect.

Is element effect in this game useful? (like frost or lighting, will it stun or slow the enermy?)
Doesn't work like that. If you use Petty soul on the weapon, it will have very small amount of charge, regardless of the elemental damage it does. If you use Grand Soul, it will have a lot of damage as well as huge charge.
Old 2011-11-19, 11:02   Link #894
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

You can still dictate charge VS damage though. That's what the slider is for.
Old 2011-11-19, 11:25   Link #895
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Went to two stores today to purchase the game, was shocked that they both said Skyrim was sold out it will be restocked only on monday.

Last edited by KyriaL; 2011-11-19 at 11:44.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 11:30   Link #896
Dist

Quote:
You can still dictate charge VS damage though. That's what the slider is for.
What slider

*feels stupid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyriaL View Post
Went to two stores today to purchase the game, was shocked that they both said Skyrim was sold it will be restocked only on monday.
Get it online. Cheaper and play it right away. (Assuming you want it on PC).
Old 2011-11-19, 11:43   Link #897
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Get it online. Cheaper and play it right away. (Assuming you want it on PC).
True, I do want the PC version, but unfortunately my internet connection and speed is not exactly top-par.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 12:17   Link #898
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

Quote:
Frost will slow enemies, fire will set them aflame.

Also, I retract my earlier claim of going for gold rings. Just make and enchant iron daggers to sell, much cheaper, easier and takes less time.
How about lightning?

As mentioned, my weapons are still glass daggers and bow (legendary), so quite cheap to make and good enough for now. I don't think it's a good idea to put points to heavy weapons smithing just to get draeric weapons, isn't it? Is the dagger and bow (daeric or ebony) much stronger than glasses?
Old 2011-11-19, 12:20   Link #899
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Skyrim Teaches Adorable Little Girl About Bullying
Old 2011-11-19, 12:22   Link #900
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
How about lightning?

As mentioned, my weapons are still glass daggers and bow (legendary), so quite cheap to make and good enough for now. I don't think it's a good idea to put points to heavy weapons smithing just to get draeric weapons, isn't it? Is the dagger and bow (daeric or ebony) much stronger than glasses?
Lightning depletes health and magicka from enemies. I dunno, I think it may do something else kind of like how fire can cause flammable liquid(oil?) on floors to combust.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim