AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-28, 20:13   Link #1221
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
re Dawnstar: So they're all Radiants then? Joy, NONE of those NPCs will give me any quests. Ugh.

Okay, another issue. Anyone have issues with the 'White Phial' restoration quest? You're supposed to get a letter from the nephew saying that it can be fixed, but so far on my end, zilch.
Old 2011-11-29, 00:20   Link #1222
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
The one biggest bug that pisses me off the most!

Arrows getting shot that just fall right after you fire the shot...
Old 2011-11-29, 01:03   Link #1223
jedinat
フリーター

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
The one biggest bug that pisses me off the most!

Arrows getting shot that just fall right after you fire the shot...
That's not a bug... that happens when you just click the attack button without holding it down at all... I suppose you're doing this accidentally.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 01:26   Link #1224
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
That's not a bug... that happens when you just click the attack button without holding it down at all... I suppose you're doing this accidentally.
Oh, not at all.... I sat there, holding the left mouse while i sniped them, then had a perfect shot and fired it, it went "Tthhh" down to the ground right in front of me...
Old 2011-11-29, 01:35   Link #1225
Who

I get that occasionally as well. Sometimes it's because what I perceive to be nothing blocking my line of sight is actually the terrain being odd and jutting up farther than what you see. And when I'm just shooting, it does that as well.

I don't know if I can call it a bug though. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 02:23   Link #1226
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Oh, not at all.... I sat there, holding the left mouse while i sniped them, then had a perfect shot and fired it, it went "Tthhh" down to the ground right in front of me...
Do you fire your arrow in 1st person view? 3rd person view do not show possible obstacles that block the path of the arrow.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 04:07   Link #1227
jedinat
フリーター

Quote:
Yeah, I've played an archer for many many hours... never had such a thing happen. Unless, as the others suggest, you're referring to hitting seemingly invisible obstacles... which is not really a bug, but inherent in the game design....
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 05:07   Link #1228
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

When I dual wield, i alternate left and right clicks and sometimes my character unintentionally does a power attack. There are also times where my character refuses to attack or shout (I would hold my shout key and no words come out even though shout is off CD, I would have to re-select my shout to fix this).
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 06:01   Link #1229
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Go to the magic manual, select a shout and press R to spend soul.
OMG thanks! You are my hero
Old 2011-11-29, 08:21   Link #1230
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I Always shoot from First person, and it happens even when there's nothing between me and the enemy. One time I was in a dungeon and my follower was attacking the druger and i was shooting arrows, then for some reason the arrows just kept dropping down like there was no force behind my shots. and YES I hold the damn button down till I got a clear shot. Nothing in my way but my follower. it even happens outside, I was fighting a dragon when it started happening too. at stormpeak with the god damn krosis (which it also happen to do it too as well.) it doesn't HIT anything, it just falls down like if one was to pull the string back as far as it would go before you had to stretch it then fired.
Old 2011-11-29, 08:57   Link #1231
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
It's never happened for me and I use archery most of the time. My only problems are extended hit boxes from rocks and scenery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger
When I dual wield, i alternate left and right clicks and sometimes my character unintentionally does a power attack. There are also times where my character refuses to attack or shout (I would hold my shout key and no words come out even though shout is off CD, I would have to re-select my shout to fix this).
If you click left and right at the same time, that's a power attack. Might be slow mouse or game response making you power attack. (However I always power attack when I dual wield, it's just so damn good)

I've had similar shout problems like you as well. That's when I begin to murder my keyboard . I solve it by spamming sheathing/unsheathing, jumping, crouching and random various buttons.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 09:44   Link #1232
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

A power attack is done by holding on to the mouse button, either or both for dual wielding.

If you hold both for a dual wielding power attack, it just destroys everything. With all the dual wielding perks and Elemental Fury shout, enemies just don't stand a chance.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 10:47   Link #1233
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Hm... the only time that happend to me, the arrow just landed a step in front of me. But the guy I was firing at still got the damage and bursted into flame (I have a fire bow).

That was weird.
Old 2011-11-29, 11:44   Link #1234
Aqua Knight

Anyone bored playing Skyrim?
I play nearly everyday from 11th, and I am getting bored, but maybe it's just because I explore more than in Morrowind and Oblivion.
At least main quest (which I didn't finish) doesn't disappoint.
Old 2011-11-29, 12:49   Link #1235
lightbringer
M9000

I've had the thing with the arrows happen to me also. Usually it happens when I fight a dragon and it's dead overhead so I try shooting up, but the arrow comes down instead. That's why I've taken to using dragonrend and just pounding them to death with my swords. But they don't always land nearby...

On the other hand, I love how they perch on houses or towers and rain down fiery or icy death from above. And when the outside blacksmith merchant in that starter village was killed in a dragon attack, his wife started talking about how much she misses him...
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 13:02   Link #1236
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
I play nearly everyday from 11th, and I am getting bored, but maybe it's just because I explore more than in Morrowind and Oblivion.
start a diffrent kind of character and stick with it for a bit.
Old 2011-11-29, 16:50   Link #1237
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
Alchemy Grind:

1. Map out all the giant camps. Kill the giants and get their toes.
2. Go to an Alchemy store, buy all of the ingredients (Might hurt your profit at first)
3. Mix Potion. Giant Toe + Wheat = 500 to 1000 profit potion. Also the HIGHER the price equal the HIGHER the exp gained.
4. Wait 48 Hours. Repeat 2-4 until 2 weeks has passed and kill Giants again.

Alchemy - Third ingredients doesn't do anything. It helps you test out the ingredients, and it will make the most expensive potion. Look on the wiki for the recipe. Each ingredients has 4 effects, combine two ingredients with the same desired effect to get the desired effect.
sometimes a third ingredient helps or adds another effect. Most the time though it seems that third effect is bad. But there are some exceptions.

Such as I have a potion made using 3 ingredients that gives 130% to smithing and 29% to enchanting. Its essentially two potions in one.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 17:28   Link #1238
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
I think it has more to do with the fact that you played a game for nearly three weeks on end.

My advice? Let it rest. Just put the game down, go do some other games, watch some anime, and get back when you actually feel like playing Skyrim again.
Old 2011-11-29, 17:58   Link #1239
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Haven't hit my boredom threshold yet. Not even close. There's just so much to do in Skyrim, even on my first character! Bugged quests aside of course...
Old 2011-11-29, 17:59   Link #1240
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Here's an impressive list of 20513 combinations arranged from top to bottom in exp value, created by elahrai from Gamefaqs:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=1

Here are 2 alchemy tools posted on Gamefaqs:

http://skyrim.melian.cc/?cmd=cmdSkyrimAlchemyWizard
http://reflexlo.w03.winhost.com/Elde...otions_recipes
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim