AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-07, 08:22   Link #1521
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Found these funny yet NSFW Skyrim animated videos.
Spoiler for NSFW:
Old 2011-12-07, 08:28   Link #1522
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
How do you fight against the Dragon then? Hiding behind trees and rocks?
Tactical use of terrain, and taking potshots at it while it flies around. Frankly, the moment it lands, it's as good as dead, since I pretty much do 200+ damage per sword swing.

Until that time, yeah, it's best to avoid their breath weapon. Hopefully this week's patch fixes the resistance issue.

Incidentally has anyone run into a problem where a henchman you've had join the Blades (in my case Lydia, Aela the Huntress, and Ormund) simply refuse to wear any kind of equipment? I'm not sure if it's because of the Blades membership defaulting them to Blades armor, but it kind of sucks since all three had much better gear before that.
Old 2011-12-07, 10:37   Link #1523
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I did not get any of the skyrim patches. Every patch seem to break more than it fix...

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
That's what i did also (before starting get resistance stuffs), but still got burned considerably (survived through) hiding behind small objects

Nettlebane quest, eh. Yeah that's Hargraevn was super annoyed,until i got it hammer down melee and leech its hp away. I think some bugs prevented it from effectively retaliate me through
The first time I fought that thing I got my ass handed to me (as the quest originated from Whiterun and its near the starting area). I slowly weakened it with bow and arrows (I had no archery skills) then got tired of fighting like a pansie. I ran up to it and found out its melee attack does considerably less damage than its magic...

Eventually I learned that mages destroy me easily and I started to collect resistance gears. Casters in general are physically weak so I can afford to swap out the +damage pieces.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 11:15   Link #1524
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

For all of my builds, my anti-mage strategy has always been incredibly simple: Sneak + Dagger and/or bow (+ Aura Whisper for detection once available). Bows aren't really effective when used in open combat until you can level it up considerably, however combined with Sneak the stealth damage bonus makes it incredibly deadly even at the early levels. When I suspect a mage, I sneak, then either slash them across their throats or headshot them

I've managed all three playthroughs in ever increasing difficulty without once using any magic/elemental resist items/potions.

On Simple Solutions: "I bought the airline. It seemed neater."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 11:18   Link #1525
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

Isn't Ancient Dragon got pretty high melee damage as well? Fight it on Master, and the only way to win is sniping it with bow (and some good elemental resistance,of course). Approaches on melee are real deadly
Old 2011-12-07, 11:54   Link #1526
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Not if you went block+heavy armor. Then it's damage is fairly low. But you'd get roasted before you get there. The dragon's physical damage isn't glitchy like its magic attack after the patch, where its magic just seems to ignore you resistances.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 12:20   Link #1527
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Found these funny yet NSFW Skyrim animated videos.
Spoiler for NSFW:
don't fret, lots of posts go totally ignored.

I thought all of those were gold XD
Old 2011-12-07, 13:23   Link #1528
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Well, my game apparently started patching. Looked at the main site, and apparently this is what patch 1.3 contains:

Patch 1.3 Notes:

General stability improvements
Optimize performance for Core 2 Duo CPUs
Fixed Radiant Story incorrectly filling certain roles
Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly
Fixed issue with placing books on bookshelves inside player purchased homes
Fixed dragon animation issues with saving and loading
Fixed Y-look input to scale correctly with framerate
Old 2011-12-07, 17:30   Link #1529
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
In other words Patch 1.3 --> Fixing the issues caused by Patch 1.2 and doing it right.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 17:54   Link #1530
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

More general fixes eh, at this rate it'll be ages before we see Quest fixes.
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 18:33   Link #1531
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Well this explains a lot:

Old 2011-12-07, 19:33   Link #1532
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Fired up Skyrim again. Gonna finish off the main story, which I never got around to doing. Looks like it's a good thing I wasn't playing when 1.2 came out, and based off that fiasco, I think I'll hold off on letting it update to 1.3 for now.

Kyero Fox is gonna love my totally realistic character this time around.

creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 20:18   Link #1533
Tong
Now, come at me

Send a message via MSN to Tong Send a message via Skype™ to Tong
Anyways, will be an official modding tool coming out for Skyrim?
(Like GECK for Fallout 3/NV)

It would make mods hella more awesome and easier.
Old 2011-12-07, 20:36   Link #1534
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Anyways, will be an official modding tool coming out for Skyrim?
(Like GECK for Fallout 3/NV)

It would make mods hella more awesome and easier.
It's coming out in January.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 21:42   Link #1535
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Are you trying to say somethin creb?
Old 2011-12-08, 01:05   Link #1536
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Is anyone having problems with random but steady "crashes to desktop without a message or warning"? I can count on it happening at least once in any given few hours, usually on some event trigger (zoning, combat start, leveling, combat finish, etc).

Basically, the screen blinks and I'm back at desktop.... which is annoying if the auto-save or manual save has been a while back. Heading to the troubleshooting forums for clues...

I am running with the 4GB mod (8GB of RAM) and a collection of texture/mesh mods but it was doing this before I ever put any mods in.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 01:08   Link #1537
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Is anyone having problems with random but steady "crashes to desktop without a message or warning"? I can count on it happening at least once in any given few hours, usually on some event trigger (zoning, combat start, leveling, combat finish, etc).

Basically, the screen blinks and I'm back at desktop.... which is annoying if the auto-save or manual save has been a while back. Heading to the troubleshooting forums for clues...

I am running with the 4GB mod (8GB of RAM) and a collection of texture/mesh mods but it was doing this before I ever put any mods in.
Did it happen before the new patch or after the new patch?

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 01:22   Link #1538
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post

It actually happened to me as well, but barely once a day. No warning,no message, just like you accidentally press Alt + F4 in Window. And it never happened during a fight, so it's not because of graphic crash

Considering my RAM is only 3 GB, i think your hardware simply just turned against you, you bourgeois
Old 2011-12-08, 01:49   Link #1539
Who

Has anyone used this mod yet? Best mod I've seen to date yet. And best of all, it's NOT a texture patch.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1601
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 02:49   Link #1540
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
Did it happen before the new patch or after the new patch?
Its been happening since I bought the game before and after the latest patch. It isn't frequent, just sudden. One character had to fight the first dragon twice because it dumped as he was just walking back to Whiterun (last save was before the fight).

It also doesn't seem to be hardware because its happening on my son's computer as well and he doesn't have the same specs I do. He's even running with an different revision of nvidia driver.

It feels like the software is throwing an unhandled exception (programmatically) - dumping directly to desktop without even a whimper is a symptom of that. Its not a game disaster... I just end up saving more frequently "just in case".

Quote:
Has anyone used this mod yet? Best mod I've seen to date yet. And best of all, it's NOT a texture patch.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1601
I looked at it.. but passed for now. Rather play the game mechanics as they are for now. But it does look interesting for later. I'm interested in watching for any multi-player mods (which Tytanis mentions).

For now, the only game mechanic mod I've put in was a run speed mod for more 'realistic' speeds (horses, sneaking, etc). The rest of the mods I'm using are just texture/mesh/model improvements. I might put in some animation mods if I can find any for some of the quirky bits (like my dual wield warrior spazzing in unsheathed mode).

Oh yeah, did I say that there were some really *dorky* mods out there? (I swear some of the modders are utterly clueless about sexy style). Seriously, the nexus site needs a "stupid as shit" button next to endorsements (e.g. reptiles with mammary glands .... :P)

Last edited by Vexx; 2011-12-08 at 03:00.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim