AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2012-01-05, 10:39   Link #1941
Niisanchan

My PS3 version hasn't had any big glitches. No game breakers. Just small ones like people going through things and dragon skeletons dropping from the sky... Neither has my brother's, for that matter. Lag only happens if I play for more than 10 hours.
Niisanchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 12:10   Link #1942
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I figured that was the case behind the term. In Oblivion, there are hardly any nice looking females. And it was hard to make a lot of your characters look attractive. Default Nord women in Oblivion are ugly.

However, in Skyrim, I think that there are a good number of good looking female NPCs, and it was very easy to make an attractive Nord woman for my character. I think that the human type of NPC women can look good (depending on the character), and that you can make a good looking human female character easily. I think that the elves look kind of bad. I liked how they looked much like humans in Oblivion.

Does the fountain of youth mod apply to NPCs? Or just your own characters?
Aela the Huntress, Astrid and Karliah says Hi(allright there's that blocky faces mod)

in my opinion they are the 3 best looking females in this game, + karliah being only the unique Half-Dunmer in-game, and Astrid using a Female Breton Body
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 17:26   Link #1943
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I'm still exploring the land of the game, and actually haven't made it to all the cities and towns. Where do you find Astrid and where to you find Karliah? Please tell me which city/town/village, and which location in that place.

I think Muiri is way pretty, and I like Ysolda a lot, too. I think I'll have my character marry Ysolda. I also like Mjoll the Lioness a lot, and Lydia is cute. Also, Aela the Huntress is a good looking character, too.
Old 2012-01-05, 17:36   Link #1944
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

SOGESNAKE, what are your PC specs? What GPU, CPU, amount of RAM, and type of Windows do you have? We could tell you if your PC can handle the game well enough.
Old 2012-01-05, 17:46   Link #1945
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I'm still exploring the land of the game, and actually haven't made it to all the cities and towns. Where do you find Astrid and where to you find Karliah? Please tell me which city/town/village, and which location in that place.

I think Muiri is way pretty, and I like Ysolda a lot, too. I think I'll have my character marry Ysolda. I also like Mjoll the Lioness a lot, and Lydia is cute. Also, Aela the Huntress is a good looking character, too.
dude
Spoiler:

someone here tried to finish up the game using only this?
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dovahkiin%27s_Armor

Last edited by DuoRanger; 2012-01-05 at 19:20.
Old 2012-01-05, 18:52   Link #1946
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRanger View Post

someone here tired to finish up the game using only this?
No, but that sounds like fun after I run my existing characters through once.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 21:04   Link #1947
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Currently playing with this set. ( on non-DB/TG/MC related quest. )

Doesn't look too good on my Dragonborn ( because I made my Nord a bit more lean compared to the HUEG muscles type ), so he doesn't exhibit as much flex with his exposed biceps, but still alright.

Definitely feels more immersive. It was a wee bit awkward walking around towns wearing Ebony/Daedric/Dragon armor.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 22:01   Link #1948
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
dude
Yes, I did. Also the armor from the preview wasn't a pure Iron Armor set, since the cuirass was Studded. Which means that unless you're specifically running around with perks from BOTH armor trees, the set is sub-optimal... Which is why you have to do something about it yourself.

It was what I wore from level 70 to level 81. Personally enchanted and upgraded of course. Details of the enchants I used are in the video description, but suffice to say all are upgraded to Legendary, and I have Heavy Armor 5/5 and Light Armor (my real focus, which I got most perks in since I was a sneaky character) 5/5.

Spoiler for Feels good at the top:
Old 2012-01-05, 22:32   Link #1949
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Currently playing with this set. ( on non-DB/TG/MC related quest. )

Doesn't look too good on my Dragonborn ( because I made my Nord a bit more lean compared to the HUEG muscles type ), so he doesn't exhibit as much flex with his exposed biceps, but still alright.

Definitely feels more immersive. It was a wee bit awkward walking around towns wearing Ebony/Daedric/Dragon armor.
Yeah, its a "superhero" moment with some of the gear and you keep wondering why the NPCs don't have throwaway lines based on your garb: "Hey, isn't that breezy?" "You look like you glow in the dark" "Let me guess, you're evil." "Burn her, she's a witch!!"

Someone put in a modified pink mini version of tavern clothes. I put them on a female character just to see.... and it was a Sailor Moon moment.... kneehigh black boots and gloves, pink skirt and corset, wand, circlet. By all rights, the village should have gathered around her and demanded a magic trick show. (yes, they went back to the mod closet)

Currently looking for robes that don't look like potato sacks, have *some* ventilation, but aren't lingerie for a mage...
EDIT:
Actually the *black* version of the tavern cloth skirt mod looks interesting with the proper boots -- like a fashionable witch. It helps that my mage has very pale skin and white hair.

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-01-06 at 20:42.
Old 2012-01-06, 17:47   Link #1950
DuoRanger
Banned

BEST MOD EVAH!
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=661
Old 2012-01-06, 17:52   Link #1951
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
I was expecting a nerdy anime chick mod
Old 2012-01-06, 18:28   Link #1952
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
Where is his robotic eye? And do we get have housekeepers in each of our houses to have an affair with?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 20:42   Link #1953
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
That's actually pretty good work ... cookies to the modder.
Old 2012-01-06, 21:55   Link #1954
Skane
Anime Snark

"In their tongue, he is known as... CONAN! The Barbarian."

Old 2012-01-07, 00:30   Link #1955
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmm, I've been having the issue of sound stutter after about an hour of play (restarting makes it go away for another hour). However, I have an onboard sound chip. About to go see if there's a driver update that win7 isn't catching.

More of an issue is the HD textures mod I was trying, which occasionally blows my client up (CTD) and once I even got a bluescreen (haven't had one of those in several years). I think the mod is just issuing commands my video card won't process -- some research showed the creator runs a GTX 570 and I'm using a 9800 series. So people might pass on the HD texture mods if they have an older card.
Maybe a new card will come for Valentine's Day.
Old 2012-01-07, 00:50   Link #1956
Tong
Now, come at me

Send a message via MSN to Tong Send a message via Skype™ to Tong
Blue screens are often related to memory leaks (RAM) or catastrophic CPU Failure (Not enough voltage and clock too high)... But it doesn't seem than you OC your stuff lol

HDs also loves to give BSOD.
Old 2012-01-07, 01:33   Link #1957
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Blue screens are often related to memory leaks (RAM) or catastrophic CPU Failure (Not enough voltage and clock too high)... But it doesn't seem than you OC your stuff lol

HDs also loves to give BSOD.
yeah, I don't overclock as a rule. And memory leaks manifest in all sorts of ways (especially when the leak is in the GPU card RAM).

Typically unhandled exceptions cause CTD but memory mismanagement (bad garbage handling alloc/dealloc) can also be evil. The actual CTDs and the blue screen were preceded by "graphic explosions" which is a good clue that the data objects are requesting things impossible for the GPU.

The sound issue could also be memory leak but once I climb under my desk and recall the mobo model, I'll look up the drivers for sound.

Its not really bothersome -- pull out the HD mods and theCTD/BSOD vanish. I just need to save up for a GTX560ish card.

In other babblings - my little "pale mage" Anju just became a ringbearer of Namira -- aka a ghoul. She's not precisely evil... just very spooky.

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-01-07 at 02:44.
Old 2012-01-07, 11:54   Link #1958
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

In those pics you posted Vexx, are the other characters (besides Anju) NPCs, or characters you created? I'm thinking like some kind of mod that lets you have your own characters assemble all at once (are there mods like that for Skyrim and Fallout 3/NV?).

Also, what does it mean when the game CTD? What sort of underlying issue is that usually? A potion shop I used to use often CTD about 90% of the time, so I don't go there anymore, but I wish I could fix the issue.
Old 2012-01-07, 13:48   Link #1959
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
In those pics you posted Vexx, are the other characters (besides Anju) NPCs, or characters you created? I
Typically, they're one of the character's followers .. usually Lydia (the first follower most people get). Occasionally, they're just an NPC who happened to make a good background.

CTDs are usually when the code tries to branch to an instruction or use data that doesn't exist -- then the error recovery code doesn't handle it and the program aborts. If a particular location is giving you trouble, it might have a corrupted data file that the video card can't process. You might try cranking your video settings way down and see if you survive visiting.
Old 2012-01-07, 15:56   Link #1960
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

How to get 100 in one-handed in Skyrim.

(NSFW) >.>

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim