AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-12-21, 11:26   Link #81
PreSage
Up-rope-ree-ate!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: some random place out there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raildex View Post



better?
I agree with what Marina says. Have something in that corner but change the lighting by adding a "lighting" gradient or something to give it contrast to the image on the other side of her; this is what the 2nd (or 3rd; bottom) version lacks. The white corner provides that contrast but it's just too blank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post


valid entry or not?
C&C would be appreciated as well~
I can see it's Alice (because of her dress). It's very lovely. Can't see what else you need to change/add to it. The only comment I do have (or more like a question) is that there seems to be a slight thickness difference between the top black line and the bottom (bottom one seems thicker); I don't know if you intentionally designed it this way or not. I'm just curious - doesn't bother me at all.
__________________
:|Sig Gallery|:
:|
Bishielicious|:
---------------
PreSage is offline  
Old 2010-12-21, 15:02   Link #82
nines
I much prefer the 2d
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Frontier
Age: 21


C&C?
__________________
nines is offline  
Old 2010-12-21, 17:17   Link #83
JRendell
Manga Addict
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, UK
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to JRendell
^
Massively over the file size limit.
__________________
VeritasAnimeList
MangaList
ImgurImages

Protip: Manga originals are
always better than Anime
adaptions.

-listening to-
-current desktop-


JRendell is offline  
Old 2010-12-21, 18:16   Link #84
Suomi
Kaiba
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: David Tennant's bedroom in the TARDIS
Team Tsu-Sworn (Tsuyoshi and Illusore/Sworn) presents their first attempt!!!


C&C please?
__________________

Last edited by Suomi; 2010-12-21 at 21:04.
Suomi is offline  
Old 2010-12-21, 20:27   Link #85
Frailty
Half-yōkai
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pearl of the Orient Seas
Age: 21
Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
I can see it's Alice (because of her dress). It's very lovely. Can't see what else you need to change/add to it. The only comment I do have (or more like a question) is that there seems to be a slight thickness difference between the top black line and the bottom (bottom one seems thicker); I don't know if you intentionally designed it this way or not. I'm just curious - doesn't bother me at all.
thanks
and about the border, yes it's intentional
it's my style of border
should I make the top border equal to the thickness of the one at the bottom? or should I leave it at that?
__________________

Frailty is offline  
Old 2010-12-21, 20:55   Link #86
Aurelie
THE BRITISH ARE COMING!!!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Wasn't too happy with my previous entry, so decided to try again.

Old


New
__________________
Aurelie is offline  
Old 2010-12-21, 21:02   Link #87
JuJuBeez
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In Wonderland with Alice
FINAL ENTRY

__________________
Sexeh sig by Patchy <3Judy/JuJuBeez Sigs + Requests Here / Photobucket
JuJuBeez is offline  
Old 2010-12-21, 21:53   Link #88
Reinako
チェックメイト・・・
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 18
Ah, I'd like to try too. ^^; Any comments and criticism would be greatly appreciated, please!

Reinako is offline  
Old 2010-12-21, 22:12   Link #89
PreSage
Up-rope-ree-ate!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: some random place out there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusore View Post
Team Tsu-Sworn (Tsuyoshi and Illusore/Sworn) presents their first attempt!!!


C&C please?
Very beautiful. I like it. I only have two comments: (1) over size limit, (2) It took me a while to figure out what her weapon is. I take it what she's holding is the hilt of a sword? Perhaps show a bit more of the weapon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
thanks
and about the border, yes it's intentional
it's my style of border
should I make the top border equal to the thickness of the one at the bottom? or should I leave it at that?
It's up to you. The difference is so subtle, I don't think it will greatly affect your overall sig. Personally, I don't mind it the way it is - besides, it's your characteristic border style, so why not keep it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelie View Post
Wasn't too happy with my previous entry, so decided to try again.

Old


New
I actually prefer the old one, although the old is over the size limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinako View Post
Ah, I'd like to try too. ^^; Any comments and criticism would be greatly appreciated, please!

It's very nice - although perhaps a bit too much black?
__________________
:|Sig Gallery|:
:|
Bishielicious|:
---------------
PreSage is offline  
Old 2010-12-21, 22:24   Link #90
Aurelie
THE BRITISH ARE COMING!!!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Very beautiful. I like it. I only have two comments: (1) over size limit, (2) It took me a while to figure out what her weapon is. I take it what she's holding is the hilt of a sword? Perhaps show a bit more of the weapon?
I thought I was the only one who couldn't tell what it was, I was going to say something myself, but I couldn't figure out a way to word it so it wouldn't sound bitchy. xD

Quote:
I actually prefer the old one, although the old is over the size limit
I totally didn't notice that, I thought I'd posted the jpeg version. xD
If I do go with that one I'll change the file type when I post it as my final entry.
__________________
Aurelie is offline  
Old 2010-12-21, 22:28   Link #91
Suomi
Kaiba
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: David Tennant's bedroom in the TARDIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Very beautiful. I like it. I only have two comments: (1) over size limit, (2) It took me a while to figure out what her weapon is. I take it what she's holding is the hilt of a sword? Perhaps show a bit more of the weapon?

1) I thought the size limit was 50,000 bytes/50kb?
2) Yes...I will see about that...it's just a bit hard to resize and show the sword more.
Tsuyoshi has the psd, so I'll let him know
__________________
Suomi is offline  
Old 2010-12-21, 22:31   Link #92
PreSage
Up-rope-ree-ate!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: some random place out there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusore View Post
1) I thought the size limit was 50,000 bytes/50kb?
2) Yes...I don't know if the original render included more of the weapon or not, but I'll see. If not, at least it fits the theme somewhat and I think it fits the 'sketch' theme too?
On my laptop it says 50099 bytes. I think that is still considered over the size limit, unfortunately.
__________________
:|Sig Gallery|:
:|
Bishielicious|:
---------------
PreSage is offline  
Old 2010-12-21, 22:34   Link #93
Suomi
Kaiba
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: David Tennant's bedroom in the TARDIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
On my laptop it says 50099 bytes. I think that is still considered over the size limit, unfortunately.
wait but it said 49000-some on ours...that's a little odd...
let me see


edit: oh wait I see whoops!!!
Tsuyoshi-kun we need to fix thaaat...
__________________

Last edited by Suomi; 2010-12-21 at 22:40. Reason: hahahaha my math sucks
Suomi is offline  
Old 2010-12-21, 22:41   Link #94
Frailty
Half-yōkai
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pearl of the Orient Seas
Age: 21
Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinako View Post
Ah, I'd like to try too. ^^; Any comments and criticism would be greatly appreciated, please!

too dark
a bit more lighting will do~

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
It's up to you. The difference is so subtle, I don't think it will greatly affect your overall sig. Personally, I don't mind it the way it is - besides, it's your characteristic border style, so why not keep it?
ok then~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusore View Post
Team Tsu-Sworn (Tsuyoshi and Illusore/Sworn) presents their first attempt!!!


C&C please?
I think this passes the Sketches theme so it should be fine even though the weapon isn't very much visible

but nonetheless, the sig looks great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelie View Post
Wasn't too happy with my previous entry, so decided to try again.

Old


New
old one
the scan lines looks off
__________________

Frailty is offline  
Old 2010-12-21, 23:04   Link #95
Aurelie
THE BRITISH ARE COMING!!!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
The scanlines are going to be fixed, I didn't notice the problem until after I'd posted, they were more... subtle in gimp.
__________________
Aurelie is offline  
Old 2010-12-21, 23:32   Link #96
PreSage
Up-rope-ree-ate!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: some random place out there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
I think this passes the Sketches theme so it should be fine even though the weapon isn't very much visible
From their text, I think they were aiming for the weapons theme but if they were going for the sketches theme...then that is fine the way it is.
__________________
:|Sig Gallery|:
:|
Bishielicious|:
---------------
PreSage is offline  
Old 2010-12-21, 23:38   Link #97
Frailty
Half-yōkai
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pearl of the Orient Seas
Age: 21
Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
^agreed lol

anyway
@ALL


any more comments before I make it final?
__________________

Frailty is offline  
Old 2010-12-21, 23:41   Link #98
Suomi
Kaiba
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: David Tennant's bedroom in the TARDIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
^agreed lol

anyway
@ALL


any more comments before I make it final?
I only see one thing, there's a piece of what looks like blue c4D near the bottom of her dress, that looks a little off.
Otherwise perfect, great entry
__________________
Suomi is offline  
Old 2010-12-21, 23:52   Link #99
Frailty
Half-yōkai
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pearl of the Orient Seas
Age: 21
Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusore View Post
I only see one thing, there's a piece of what looks like blue c4D near the bottom of her dress, that looks a little off.
Otherwise perfect, great entry
v2:


better?
__________________

Frailty is offline  
Old 2010-12-22, 00:52   Link #100
Suomi
Kaiba
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: David Tennant's bedroom in the TARDIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
v2:


better?
Yup there we go
__________________
Suomi is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
signature of the month, sotm

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.