AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-01-07, 06:00   Link #41
NU_Game
Inactive Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Gilgamesh

How many episodes does gilgamesh have?
And is any one coming out with any new ones any time soon?
NU_Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 06:13   Link #42
xris
Just call me Ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
It gets rather tedious seeing the same sort of question asked over and over, and here we have another example.

On the front page of AnimeSuki, we have this message concerning Naruto

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSuki
No Naruto this week!
Naruto normally airs on a Wednesday in Japan, but not on New Year's Eve. So the next episode (#65) will air on January 7.
Therefore don't expect any fansubs of it before then. The airing schedule of some other anime may also be affected.
Notice it also states "other anime may also be affected". We just had New Year, so some TV schedules are bound to be affected as will the release schedule for the fansub groups. So have patience!

As for the number of episodes, well you could have looked at the info supplied on AnimeSuki, here on the Gilgamesh torrent page, and here in the How Many Episodes: Answered here! thread (as well as other places like AnimeNfo and AniDB). These all give the answer of ?

Plus, in the forum rules we ask...
  • Do not ask for when stuff will be released
    Do not ask when episodes will be released. They'll be released once the fansub group is finished with them. All your whining will do is irritate fansub group staff and make them leave the scene. And that will mean even slower releases or none at all. So just have some PATIENCE. Threads which break this rule will be deleted.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-04, 02:46   Link #43
FromageTheDog
Sazabi
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: California
Question Gilgamesh -- Discussion

No one seems to have been talking about this one recently, but I must say, Gilgamesh is shaping up to be good-golly-Miss-Molly fabulous. It took me a while to warm up to the graphic style (disliked it initially), admittedly. Certainly one of the most interesting stories currently being told in this arena, right up there with FullMetal Alchemist (my current favorite).

So, couple questions. Not expecting any authoritative replies, of course -- just your thoughts:

- Anyone have any thought on what the heck the Blattallia [sp?] are? Clones? People? Machines?

- What about the boys (and girl) in black? Course now it's like one boy left, and he's a mess. Clearly they have something to do with Enkidu; are they like the other dynamis users (gifted) or somehow tweaked by Enkidu (note they seem to decompose or some such in contact with that bizarro skewer thing the Blattallia use). What's the point of the transformation? Is that their natural state?

- Is that boy ever gonna get better? Does it look like he's healing? Or is he messed up permanently? He seems to be getting better (he's up and about), but he's still got all that weird coloration all over him.

- What is that weird coloration?

Looking forward to hearing your various ideas on the subject. And if you're not watching this series, by all means do!

- Fromage
FromageTheDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-04, 04:08   Link #44
westsideplaya
Anime ga suki desu
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: California
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromageTheDog
No one seems to have been talking about this one recently, but I must say, Gilgamesh is shaping up to be good-golly-Miss-Molly fabulous. It took me a while to warm up to the graphic style (disliked it initially), admittedly. Certainly one of the most interesting stories currently being told in this arena, right up there with FullMetal Alchemist (my current favorite).

So, couple questions. Not expecting any authoritative replies, of course -- just your thoughts:

- Anyone have any thought on what the heck the Blattallia [sp?] are? Clones? People? Machines?

- What about the boys (and girl) in black? Course now it's like one boy left, and he's a mess. Clearly they have something to do with Enkidu; are they like the other dynamis users (gifted) or somehow tweaked by Enkidu (note they seem to decompose or some such in contact with that bizarro skewer thing the Blattallia use). What's the point of the transformation? Is that their natural state?

- Is that boy ever gonna get better? Does it look like he's healing? Or is he messed up permanently? He seems to be getting better (he's up and about), but he's still got all that weird coloration all over him.

- What is that weird coloration?

Looking forward to hearing your various ideas on the subject. And if you're not watching this series, by all means do!

- Fromage
I think the blattaria are humans with that special ore as a body covering. In episode 16 that guy with the glasses said Enkidu stole 12 samples of the gilgamesh so I am assuming they (gilgamesh) are those samples. They also use dynamis as there powers and the special ore which they found at the site of twin XX, nullifies their powers and renders them harmless. Their decompostiton is probably due to the ore penetrating their bodies or something. As far as the leader of the gilgamesh group, he looks them same in episode 17, and after
Spoiler:
I bet hes gonna feel a lot better. I agree on this being one of the better animes storywise, but that animation does get on my nerves sometimes.
westsideplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-05, 21:45   Link #45
FromageTheDog
Sazabi
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideplaya
I think the blattaria are humans with that special ore as a body covering. In episode 16 that guy with the glasses said Enkidu stole 12 samples of the gilgamesh so I am assuming they (gilgamesh) are those samples. They also use dynamis as there powers and the special ore which they found at the site of twin XX, nullifies their powers and renders them harmless. Their decompostiton is probably due to the ore penetrating their bodies or something. As far as the leader of the gilgamesh group, he looks them same in episode 17, and after
Spoiler:
I bet hes gonna feel a lot better. I agree on this being one of the better animes storywise, but that animation does get on my nerves sometimes.
playa -- thanks for your input.

You point out the Gilgamesh samples -- here's a question: what are they? I assume they're not natural born like the four countess' kids, given that they can transform, and are vulnerable to the ore, which it seems the kids are not. Cloning seems to be a big thing in this series, so a safe bet may be that they are clones, custom made beings of a sort.

As you point out in your spoiler, the implication is that they are human in some respect, though I don't know of any humans that can walk around with big chunks of their body in some decomposed state...

In any case -- they've been building up the intrigue for so long in this series that my Big Fear is that all the magical mystery weirdness gets explained away in some silly and wholly unsatisfactory fashion in the last few episodes as is the wont with this sort of thing (Evangelion, anyone?).

As for the animation -- it's definitely grown on me, and they've definitely improved dramatically since the first couple episodes.

- Fromage
FromageTheDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-05, 21:51   Link #46
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
imo, the animation was fine from the beginning... it was just kinda weird at first cuz, like others, I thought Gilgamesh was a darker version of E's Otherwise (the teleporting and shit)... but straight up... I stuck with Gilgamesh... and I got to see the Blattaria take out peeps nicely! those were the best episodes so far (the more recent ones)... Gilgamesh is a great show...

but to get back on topic... I think the Blattaria are just like cyborgs or something like those human/robot dogs with lasers coming out of their mouths... imo.. the Blattaria are not techinically alive people, but rather, cyborgs... (the word "cyborgs" cracks me up all the time... lol)
__________________
Prince of Chronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-05, 22:22   Link #47
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 30
I skipped reading most of what yall said because I hate spoiling a series (even with theories)- but I've been saying all along in other threads that this is THE series to be watching right now (along with Naruto)

I love everything about it- the music, the characters, the animation, the dark story- awesome
wsheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-05, 22:57   Link #48
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Somewhere in Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit
but I've been saying all along in other threads that this is THE series to be watching right now (along with Naruto)

I love everything about it- the music, the characters, the animation, the dark story- awesome
I agree but I think most ppl can't get past the unique artwork. If you can look past the artwork/animation style you will find an very interesting dark plot. I don't like the art style very much but I love the story so far, and the dark themes. I like the scientific aspects of it also.
__________________
Keitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-05, 23:36   Link #49
westsideplaya
Anime ga suki desu
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: California
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromageTheDog
playa -- thanks for your input.

You point out the Gilgamesh samples -- here's a question: what are they? I assume they're not natural born like the four countess' kids, given that they can transform, and are vulnerable to the ore, which it seems the kids are not. Cloning seems to be a big thing in this series, so a safe bet may be that they are clones, custom made beings of a sort.

As you point out in your spoiler, the implication is that they are human in some respect, though I don't know of any humans that can walk around with big chunks of their body in some decomposed state...

In any case -- they've been building up the intrigue for so long in this series that my Big Fear is that all the magical mystery weirdness gets explained away in some silly and wholly unsatisfactory fashion in the last few episodes as is the wont with this sort of thing (Evangelion, anyone?).

As for the animation -- it's definitely grown on me, and they've definitely improved dramatically since the first couple episodes.

- Fromage
Yeah their definitely genetic altered from some sort of strange DNA (alien perhaps?). Well if he didnt have the "equipment" I doubt he would come on to the girl too and it looked like his pelvic area wasnt decomposing so he should be fine. As far as a conclusion to the series, I doubt it does some magical crap ending seeing as they used alot of physics terminology in the series when discussing...anything, especially when they were discussing the cause of twin xx and the building of that tower in the city. Hell, I had to rewatch the raws several times just to understand what they were talking about in that episode.
westsideplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-06, 02:08   Link #50
FromageTheDog
Sazabi
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideplaya
Yeah their definitely genetic altered from some sort of strange DNA (alien perhaps?). Well if he didnt have the "equipment" I doubt he would come on to the girl too and it looked like his pelvic area wasnt decomposing so he should be fine. As far as a conclusion to the series, I doubt it does some magical crap ending seeing as they used alot of physics terminology in the series when discussing...anything, especially when they were discussing the cause of twin xx and the building of that tower in the city. Hell, I had to rewatch the raws several times just to understand what they were talking about in that episode.
Oooh -- aliens. Hadn't thought of that one. My own guess was that they represent some next evolutionary form (the tried-and-true staple of sci-fi), of which Gilgamesh was the first. And they never quite explain what the X X site was about. Was it the tomb of Gilgamesh?

You say science, but I'd argue that gilgamesh is about as scientific as Eva was religious -- i.e. done rather loosely and only enough to further the plot. Of course, if you have a theoretical physics background and it all made sense to you, more power to you -- it was all mumbo-jumbo to me, raw or otherwise. All those big words sure do help with the whole suspension of disbelief thing, though...

There is this strong mythological (could be interpreted as religious) overtone in the first few eps where they describe X X, so I'm not entirely comfortable that there's going to be any kind of rational and neat conclusion to the series, but we'll see... I hope you're right!

- Fromage
FromageTheDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-06, 02:15   Link #51
FromageTheDog
Sazabi
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
I agree but I think most ppl can't get past the unique artwork. If you can look past the artwork/animation style you will find an very interesting dark plot. I don't like the art style very much but I love the story so far, and the dark themes. I like the scientific aspects of it also.
I'm curious -- is it just my imagination that the animation quality has improved? I was pretty disappointed early on, but the story definitely kept me coming back.
The character design, despite being identifiable as anime, is certainly quite unique (even new?) and now that the animators seem more comfortable with it, I think it works pretty well.

More than anything else, this series has a tremendous amount of atmosphere, for want of a better word.

Anyone know what other animes this studio has done?

- Fromage
FromageTheDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-06, 13:10   Link #52
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: UK
Age: 37
I've been watching Gilgamesh right the way through and have to say the storyline has improved. Also the OP and ED themes are pretty groovy too.

Here are some answers for you that I have understood so far from the series (I haven't kept my episodes and only watched them once due to a lack of disk space by having to much Anime already )

Spoiler:
__________________
Shiina, O-mae ha tokubetsu nanda.
tsurumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-06, 13:34   Link #53
westsideplaya
Anime ga suki desu
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: California
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurumaru
I've been watching Gilgamesh right the way through and have to say the storyline has improved. Also the OP and ED themes are pretty groovy too.

Here are some answers for you that I have understood so far from the series (I haven't kept my episodes and only watched them once due to a lack of disk space by having to much Anime already )

Spoiler:
Sounds good. Thats why I like the show because Im a technical guy and love science themed shows. All I know the makers did some heavy research to incorporate all these physics concepts into one show.
westsideplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-06, 16:26   Link #54
Plastic
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
yo,
first i want to tell about the thing with the missing matter that should be in universe:
quote: Fortunately our universe seems to be "missing" most of its antimatter, scientists cannot currently explain why there is not the same amount of Anti-matter in our universe as there is matter.

Scientists are really sure about it that there is matter that they call dark-matter because it interfers the way the universe expands. (read about it in books from Stephen Hawking)


2nd: Dont you think that Tsutomu Nihei has something to do with this anime? but he surly inspired it. With that human-exoscelet-dog-cyborg and the dark mood in it.(maybe)

3rd: How can you speculate about whats the ending? Best thing is to watch a see whats happening next. BUT i think its an alien-religious-sisreunien-aozora-happy-ending.(someway with dad is comming home), no no hopefully not.

4th: Gilgamesh rules

5th:Gilgamesh rules
Plastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-06, 17:24   Link #55
Kakashi Sensei
LstSrvvngSskeFnGrl
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: USA
Ooo.. I'm happy I'm not the only one in universe that likes this show! Anyway, thanks for clearing some things up with all your discussion going on.

Question: Anyone know where to find the manga, since ya'll watch it?
__________________
Signature removed by a Mod because at 174 pixels tall and with text below - it exceeded the signature size limits. Please read the Forum Rules for further information.
Kakashi Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-07, 13:04   Link #56
Plastic
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
i want to take some words back i wrote in the thread above.
i dont hope that it will be an ending like discribed, because i think it will not be like that. And if it is, i think they will do it right in the way they made the series.
my words are just expression of fear that they will spoil it someway.
Plastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 23:55   Link #57
Bullsquat
Strange Love
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
After 17 episodes, still nobody knows how many in total there will be? I just want to start d/l again once I know the end is near coz waiting for the next episode can be excrutiating.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 17:36   Link #58
Kakashi Sensei
LstSrvvngSskeFnGrl
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: USA
Gilgamesh Updates

Well, it's been more than two weeks since Gilgamesh #17 came out. So far, you can find #20 raw for some reason or another.

But I'm being patient, since it's so worth the wait.

Also, I found in a forum that there will be 26 episodes, supposedly. I thought AnimeForever (who subs it) might have dropped, but then I suppose they wouldn't if its only a few more. Plus the fact they never said they were. Hopefully it'll be out soon.

Well, here's to all you Gilgamesh lovers out there.

http://www.gilxx.com/
__________________
Signature removed by a Mod because at 174 pixels tall and with text below - it exceeded the signature size limits. Please read the Forum Rules for further information.
Kakashi Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 20:59   Link #59
Tofusensei
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Groups don't really drop shows as easily as you may think :P

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 21:01   Link #60
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Yay! It's Tofusensei! I'm so happy that L-E isn't dropping this show. I'm still waiting for you to release episode 12. Can you tell us how it is progressing? Did you loose a translator or something?
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.