AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-04, 04:21   Link #801
Haak
God Damn Christmas Songs

One for each region it seems...
Old 2011-06-04, 06:50   Link #802
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

I love episode 8! It was an awesome and crazy mindf*cking sh#t! w00t! Hahahahahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Also if you drive an entre with 10 stocks of an Asset into bankruptcy, you can take over that Asset immediately.
Hmmm... just driving an Entre to bankrupcy... then that makes Mikuni being able to get, supposedly, the bee Asset in the first episode? And Kimimaro getting Ebara's Asset, assuming Ebara still ahs 10 stocks? @_@

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Vin Diesel joke, anyone?

Spoiler for 08:
Bwahahahahaha xD I really love this. Cracked me up so much xD
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 11:30   Link #803
Forever
Revealing the truth

There goes my country. In fact, the way we work sometimes make me suspect we might really be using midas money....
Old 2011-06-04, 14:54   Link #804
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

This is what happen if you buy stuff on credit all the time, entire country will go poof.

I am fearing my own existant now since I am living in US

P.S. why do they hate Singapore?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 19:00   Link #805
DummyInc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
This is what happen if you buy stuff on credit all the time, entire country will go poof.

I am fearing my own existant now since I am living in US

not that they hate singapore, its the strongest economy powerhouse in SEA.
Old 2011-06-04, 19:16   Link #806
Peanutbutter

Why not Korea? I imagine there'll be more dramatic impact if it's Korea.

Where is Singapore?
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 21:12   Link #807
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Wow so that what happen when country cash is gone
Old 2011-06-05, 00:21   Link #808
shmaster
The Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-pyro View Post
I love episode 8! It was an awesome and crazy mindf*cking sh#t! w00t! Hahahahahaha!

Hmmm... just driving an Entre to bankrupcy... then that makes Mikuni being able to get, supposedly, the bee Asset in the first episode? And Kimimaro getting Ebara's Asset, assuming Ebara still ahs 10 stocks? @_@
Yeah, if who they are fighting has 10 stocks of a Assest at the time, they can take it over.

If a en entre went bankrupt and he didn'y have all 10 sotcks at the time, the Asset will then be withheld by Midas Bank until someone else has purchased all 10 stocks of that Asset.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 05:57   Link #809
blewin

quite a good episode to drop the end of a country like that. Wish they did more built up on it. So the dilmma goes like this, here we have Kimmimaro burning all his money and Mikuni getting all the money he can to save Japan. What worth is Kimmimaro's philosophy when he can't even save anyone? everyone would just end up dying. Not that I entirely agree with Mikuni's method but at least he's doing what he can to salvage the situation.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 09:05   Link #810
Used Can

For some reason, I don't think Masakaki is a particularly bad person. I don't know about the other Masakakis though. But, well, I'd have liked for Masakaki to be a more prominent character in the series.

Anyway, I wonder what course of action will Kimimaro follow. Sennoza was right saying the future is important, but so is Mikuni by saying there's no future without a present. So, basically, you've got the Monetarist/Austrian approach of economics vs. the Keynesian one. There's such a thing as sustainable development, in which you take care of present matters, while taking into account the impact you have in the future, but this approach doesn't necessarily go against those aforementioned schools of economics.

I wonder how the staff will work out the current issue in the story, since that's something that hasn't been solved in real life. So, depending on what they do, the work could be easy target for very heavy criticism. I hope they don't go for a "beat a big baddie, save the world" solution either.
Old 2011-06-05, 09:10   Link #811
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Must be that Tommy Koh leak.

But come to think of it, so much credit is being pumped into our economy that we will crash if they :

1. Default on the payment
2. The banks that lent them credit crashed
3. The entire country is being bought up by foreigners.

All they need to do is to get investors to divest from the country, and all the country's outside investments fail. There - 100% broke.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 19:00   Link #812
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

The main problem with this episode is the lack of build-up to the collapse of Southeast Asia. Seriously, Singapore just crumbles out of nowhere.

Otherwise, everything's great. Kimimaro and Mikuni revisit the age-old debate of present versus future. Secret agent Jennifer does absolutely nothing but watch, once again. Professor Ebara finally comes to an end, even though he was nothing more than a side character. That creepy gold-toothed photographer gets creepier.

To interpret money as a form of trust has merit. When I exchange money with someone else, I am trusting what they give me will be of equal value to the amount of money I give. I'm expressing confidence in their product. When I give a poor person money, I believe in them to purchase things that will better their miserable life. When my corporation goes bankrupt, it's because people who previously trust me decide I'm no longer trustworthy and stop investing.

Some people do not see money as anything but a medium that you have to have, or you can't survive. Certainly at the lower levels of income, money is simply the means to an end. Money buys food on the table, the table itself, and the old apartment in which the family eats. Once one looks at the upper echelion of society, money becomes more of an accessory. Decreasing marginal value - money is worth less to those who have more of it. The richest person in the world doesn't care if his bank account is at $5,213,432,423, or $5,213,432,424. However, someone making less than $1 a day (estimated at more than 1 billion people on Earth) would really care about making twice their daily salary.

My theory is the upper echelon is, obviously, super rich. They have gotten bored with their money and decided to let a select few people in on their massive piles of Midas Money (with rules, of course). Who do they select to join the exclusive Financial District? Don't know yet. But they're certainly having fun watching the Earth's economy slowly crumble... and watching the innocent people of Earth disappear into pixelated blackness.

The "upper echelon" might be aliens from another galaxy, or even gods playing around with their subjects. I just don't think they're human.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 17:01   Link #813
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
The main problem with this episode is the lack of build-up to the collapse of Southeast Asia. Seriously, Singapore just crumbles out of nowhere.
Complete and utter lack of build-up other than a very brief bit of foreshadowing in the prior episode, but then again what else is new for this show. It just goes from scene to scene and episode to episode like it's a 4-Koma adaptation. Makes it really hard to care about anybody or anything that's happening when they just throw the viewer into a scenario and then just throw them right back out and into another one a minute later and then keep doing it for an entire episode.

Logic would dictate that the next episode would start off where the current one left off, but I have this sneaking suspicion that it's going to start in media res with a totally different scenario before going all over the place and only getting back to the whole financial collapse thing at the end.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 23:34   Link #814
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 06:41   Link #815
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
The "upper echelon" might be aliens from another galaxy, or even gods playing around with their subjects. I just don't think they're human.
Well, Masakaki doesn't give much of an impression of being"human " to begin with... Neither does that creepy chaffeur with goblin ears either
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 07:04   Link #816
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I've always assumed they were demons. Becoming an entrepreneur is not that different from making a deal with the devil. Moreover, there's that 666 seconds counter for the fights.

Nevertheless, since another recent Mephisopheles figure turned out to be an alien, I suppose it's possible we're dealing with aliens here as well.
Old 2011-06-07, 07:08   Link #817
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Being someone who lives here and know of the economic history, I would say that a financial collapse is entirely possible.

It usually starts with politics and complacency, just like Japan - I am not surprised if Singapore became the next Japan in 5 years. It is about the herd behaviour - all it takes is one super-rich to announce divestment from South East Asia before the rest of the idiots from the world starts shorting STI.

And as for general investment, once wage and cost of living goes too high, business owners will start to look elsewhere, taking their investors with them. If the cost of living increase and the wage level is unable to keep up, the people become discouraged to look for work - resulting in low unemployment but high un-taxable population.

As for the rising interest rates, the reason why people keep borrowing is that they needed money to pay for necessities, and they don't have enough initially either from their jobs to pay for them. Contrary to monetary policy, higher interest rates DO NOT deter people from borrowing to pay for their needs! It is a cost of living issue, and that is what is exactly slowly starting to take root in Singapore. The government can't do nuts because the corporations are paying corporate tax, and if the government diss them off, they leave SEA high and dry. Ugly as that.

Those people disappearing from the street are either discouraged workers or victims of structural unemployment - psychologically most of these cases lead to suicide.

EDIT :

Took me quite sometime to figure out what C actually means. It's a bailout. Midas Money is actually fiat currency.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2011-06-07 at 07:33.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 11:51   Link #818
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Why not Korea? I imagine there'll be more dramatic impact if it's Korea.
Probably because there's too much geopolitical risks involved in a Korean collapse. Let's face it: No one's really going to miss Singapore if all that capital moved next door to Bangkok. Korea's scale is just too big for to simply have a financial collapse without geopolitical repercussions.

Plus, seems like if the East Asian District is taken out, Japan/Korea/China would fall, and we can't have Japan fall for the anime's sake
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 15:17   Link #819
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

So Kimimaro now thinks tht Msyu is his daughter. :/ Aww man. Abandon ship, abandon ship!! D;
.x.crii.x. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 15:51   Link #820
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Man I seriously cannot wait for this weeks episode cause I know it's going to be special one way or another. Sadly I expect to be going "wtf......." with a gaping mouth stare for the most part, but I bet I enjoy myself in spite of whatever happens.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, finance, noitamina