AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-12-26, 20:19   Link #121
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Is that part of some myth/religon? Sounds to me like it is.

Don't think that would work in a fact topic. Especially with all the scientific talk flying around in here.
The Izanagi and Izanami mythos.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 20:21   Link #122
Marlan35
<3 LW Raidy E>
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 18
im scared to death by zombies
Marlan35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 20:49   Link #123
TinyRedLeaf
. . .
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Don't think that would work in a fact topic. Especially with all the scientific talk flying around in here.
We live in a very impoverished world indeed if the only things recognised as fact are those from just the physical sciences.

Easter Island used to be a forested island, until its inhabitants triggered catastrophic environmental collapse by chopping down every tree in the race to build ever-more imposing moai.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 21:24   Link #124
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
We live in a very impoverished world indeed if the only things recognised as fact are those from just the physical sciences.
I'd rather say nothing is fact until it's proven. There's no solid guarantee that the universe was created from a big bang, yet there's no guarantee that it was created by a being from a higher plane than humanity either.


Anywho...

Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.

A polar bear's skin is black. It's fur has no pigment and is actually clear.

Ants never sleep in their lifespan.
__________________
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 22:01   Link #125
TinyRedLeaf
. . .
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I'd rather say nothing is fact until it's proven. There's no solid guarantee that the universe was created from a big bang, yet there's no guarantee that it was created by a being from a higher plane than humanity either.
My point is simply that there are such things as historical facts too, which do not necessarily have anything to do with science. Though, of course, since all history is interpretation, such "facts" can get distorted by bias, so more care is needed when handling them.

Here's a bit of interesting trivia for aspiring writers and philosophers: Voltaire was, among many other things, quite a savvy investor who made enough from accumulated capital (and an advantageous relationship) to enjoy a fairly leisurely lifestyle.

Proof enough (for me, at least) that being a writer doesn't necessarily mean being penniless.

Last edited by TinyRedLeaf; 2010-12-26 at 23:19.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 01:57   Link #126
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I'd rather say nothing is fact until it's proven. There's no solid guarantee that the universe was created from a big bang, yet there's no guarantee that it was created by a being from a higher plane than humanity either.
Actually, a fact is an opinion that is argued and generally agreed upon by the results produced for that matter. Therefore in statistics, facts can be faked by simply omitting a few numbers as anomalous and random errors.

This is called "throwing chaff/smoke bomb", a navy/army term respectively using smokescreen to cover tactical advances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Here's a bit of interesting trivia for aspiring writers and philosophers: Voltaire was, among many other things, quite a savvy investor who made enough from accumulated capital (and an advantageous relationship) to enjoy a fairly leisurely lifestyle.

Proof enough (for me, at least) that being a writer doesn't necessarily mean being penniless.
Mathematically, Voltaire would have been one of the most influential and richest men in the world right now if it wasn't for his mortality - his assets are worth as much as Bill Gates, Martha Stewart and Buffett combined through inflation.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 05:06   Link #127
TinyRedLeaf
. . .
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 39
A cat's tongue is full of tiny barbs, giving it a sandpaper-like texture.

...so, by extension, French-kissing a catgirl would likely be quite an unforgettable experience indeed.




Let's not even talk about oral sex with a catgirl, shall we?
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 05:16   Link #128
Marlan35
<3 LW Raidy E>
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
A cat's tongue is full of tiny barbs, giving it a sandpaper-like texture.

...so, by extension, French-kissing a catgirl would likely be quite an unforgettable experience indeed.




Let's not even talk about oral sex with a catgirl, shall we?
love the hidden text
Marlan35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 06:23   Link #129
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
A cat's tongue is full of tiny barbs, giving it a sandpaper-like texture.

...so, by extension, French-kissing a catgirl would likely be quite an unforgettable experience indeed.




Let's not even talk about oral sex with a catgirl, shall we?
A cat's facial muscles do not serve the purpose of facial expression, but rather, feeding itself. It uses them to control the teeth to clean flesh off the bones of fish.

So be prepared for multiple wounds on your tongue if you plan to french a catgirl.

Oral sex with one is an entirely different case though.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 07:27   Link #130
Marlan35
<3 LW Raidy E>
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
A cat's facial muscles do not serve the purpose of facial expression, but rather, feeding itself. It uses them to control the teeth to clean flesh off the bones of fish.

So be prepared for multiple wounds on your tongue if you plan to french a catgirl.

Oral sex with one is an entirely different case though.
aww how do you know?
Marlan35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 00:20   Link #131
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
The problem is, the catgirl would already be dead... because you're applying physics to an anime-type character
__________________
Gifted...or Cursed?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 00:22   Link #132
Marlan35
<3 LW Raidy E>
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 18
shh, noone needs to know...
Marlan35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 00:53   Link #133
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
The problem is, the catgirl would already be dead... because you're applying physics to an anime-type character
Wouldn't not be anatomy or biology insted of physics ?
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 03:17   Link #134
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
You may have a point there... but isn't a bad idea to apply any form of science to any form of anime in general?
__________________
Gifted...or Cursed?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 06:37   Link #135
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
You may have a point there... but isn't a bad idea to apply any form of science to any form of anime in general?
Why not? Some Physics researchers are driven by Gundam technology, and most governments attempt to copy stuff off Macross.

The Mega particle is based on the idea of Muon-catalysed fusion. Which makes thermonuclear fusion more feasible in micro-energy plants where helium can be readily fused with hydrogen.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 15:02   Link #136
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
The bacteria clostridium botulinium produces the most toxic substance on Earth, an extremely potent neurotoxin with an LD50 in humans around 1 ng/kg!

Don't eat from any dented cans!
__________________
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 16:06   Link #137
Asuras
Dictadere~!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: On the front lines, fighting for inderpendence.
Lightning strikes generally travel several miles across the sky before touching down!
__________________
Asuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 18:03   Link #138
Suomi
Kaiba
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: David Tennant's bedroom in the TARDIS
All this big-worded science talk is making my head spin :eyspin:

If you have 3 quarters, 4 dimes, and 4 pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.

The 57 on Heinz ketchup bottles represents the number of varieties of pickles the company once had.
__________________
Suomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 00:26   Link #139
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Limburger cheese is a cheese famous for it's pungent odor.
And the reason for it's unique smell is because the bacteria use to ferment the cheese is also the same bacteria that causes human body odor.

(Bonus points if you were eating Limburger cheese while reading this. Enjoy!)
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 00:55   Link #140
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
The bacteria clostridium botulinium produces the most toxic substance on Earth, an extremely potent neurotoxin with an LD50 in humans around 1 ng/kg!

Don't eat from any dented cans!
What is more interesting is the fact than than very bacteria's toxin is the base of Botox .
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.