AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-02-06, 22:29   Link #1401
Cherry_Lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Well, the difference is Sakura. If he can get the shadow to come out, it's worth him getting involved. Otherwise he's better off hiding in the shadows and letting her or Shinji do the fighting. And, he also knows that it is pointless trying to force Sakura to fight if she really doesn't want to, because his punishments can't apply in the middle of a fight and she's used to them happening anyway.
__________________
Come to forums.darksidemoon.net, a new Type-Moon forum.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 19:47   Link #1402
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
So... this is a thing, apparently...

I can't imagine it'd be uncensored, but it is Dark Horse, so if anyone could do it, they could...
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 20:21   Link #1403
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Doesn't Fate/zero already HAVE a manga? I remember it being really graphic with the Caster/Uryu moments in their lair.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 20:45   Link #1404
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Yeah, pretty sure that's the one they licensed.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 20:46   Link #1405
Lorhand
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Doesn't Fate/zero already HAVE a manga? I remember it being really graphic with the Caster/Uryu moments in their lair.
That's the manga they are licensing. Which is why GDB was wondering whether they will publish it uncensored.

Honestly, I can't stand the art of the mangaka. All characters have weird faces, especially the noses, and the Caster scenes are too much for me.
Lorhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 02:32   Link #1406
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
is Maiya kiritsugu's 1st wife or something? when Illya was born Kiritsugu comparing her weight with some guy. Where did Maiya came from?
__________________
Justice Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 04:25   Link #1407
Lorhand
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
is Maiya kiritsugu's 1st wife or something? when Illya was born Kiritsugu comparing her weight with some guy. Where did Maiya came from?
Maiya was Kiritsugu's assistant when he worked as an assassin, until he "retired" and lived for nine years with the Einzberns. She was also his sexual partner, but the relationship was purely physical on Kiritsugu's part.
Lorhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 05:27   Link #1408
chaos_alfa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorhand View Post
Maiya was Kiritsugu's assistant when he worked as an assassin, until he "retired" and lived for nine years with the Einzberns. She was also his sexual partner, but the relationship was purely physical on Kiritsugu's part.
Where was it stated in the light novel that she was his sexual partner? I don't remember that bit.

EDit: I can only find this.
Spoiler for "Fate/Zero Light Novel:

These parts at least don't imply that Kiritsugu is using her for sex. I think Maiya just found kissing Kiritsugu an effective way of snapping him out of his negative mindset at that moment.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2014-10-12 at 05:39.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 05:49   Link #1409
Lorhand
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Where was it stated in the light novel that she was his sexual partner? I don't remember that bit.

EDit: I can only find this.
Spoiler for "Fate/Zero Light Novel:

These parts at least don't imply that Kiritsugu is using her for sex. I think Maiya just found kissing Kiritsugu an effective way of snapping him out of his negative mindset at that moment.
I can't find the passage in the novel anymore (nor do I remember if it was mentioned there), but Fate/Zero material makes everything clear.

Quote:
Hisau Maiya [Person]
Source: Fate/Zero material (2008-08-08), p.102

Emiya Kiritsugu's assistant. Also his lover, in a certain sense of the word.

Due to growing up utterly deprived of humanity, Maiya lacks a strong sense of self, and has given her entire being to Emiya Kiritsugu. Asking her if she loves him would be the same as asking the internal organs if they love the brain – completely meaningless.

And, regardless of what others might say, for Kiritsugu sacrificing his wife to complete the Holy Grail was a betrayal of their love. However, it was a betrayal which he absolutely must not hesitate to perform. His sexual relationship with Maiya, then, was simply a rehearsal for this betrayal – a form of masochism to calm his nerves. This is already pretty much the worst reason for having an affair, but the fact that Maiya valued it makes it an endless vicious cycle. Shirou, whatever you do, never ask your old man for advice on women…
Lorhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 06:18   Link #1410
chaos_alfa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorhand View Post
I can't find the passage in the novel anymore (nor do I remember if it was mentioned there), but Fate/Zero material makes everything clear.
I think it is only mentioned in the Fate/Zero material and maybe hinted in the light novel.

Thanks for clearing it up.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 09:11   Link #1411
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
is Maiya kiritsugu's 1st wife or something? when Illya was born Kiritsugu comparing her weight with some guy. Where did Maiya came from?
He compared Illya's weight to his gun.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-15, 21:50   Link #1412
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Oh shit, I've started watching Fate/Zero. Somebody stop me!!
__________________
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU.

BUT LITTLE SISTER WATCHES BIG BROTHER.

LITTLE SISTER KNOWS BEST.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fate/stay night, nasu, ufotable, urobuchi gen, visual novel adaptation

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.