AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-01, 12:53   Link #601
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

What can I say about this series..

It seems that we get the same no matter what in many of these harems: We either see a great female lead choosing a shallow male character, or vice versa. Unfortunately, Hoshizora proved to present the latter with one of the most bland female leads in anime history, Ui.

Both Sakai Hina and Hinata Ibuki had charming, deep personalities as well as meaningful interactions with Kazuma - things that Ui seriously lacked.

From the opening episode, I knew Ui was going to be the "chosen girl." However, I maintained hope that this series would actually stray from the normal plot: "guy has chance encounter with the first girl, who is destined to be his choice."

They at least should create a few bonus episodes where Kazuma actually selects the other girls, although I doubt that will happen.
Old 2011-07-02, 05:40   Link #602
CWW
Lurker

My face during ep 12:
Spoiler:

Seriously though, I did get a few good laughs out of it from being so cheesy. Also Ayumu is a riot! They should let him star in the sequel! And that concludes my contribution to this series!
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 12:48   Link #603
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

You know this is probably the first time I've been sad that the Harem picked Girl #1.

Useless Moeblob is not a fun choice. Jeez even the Girls Bravo and Ninomiya Kun moeblobs had a particular power about them.

Owells, back to my favorite harem currently, Baka to Test! S2

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 16:53   Link #604
justsomeguy

I finally watched the last episode, after a week of hearing how awful it was. As it turned out, I thought is was quite good! The problem was not the final episode, but rather Ui.

* Ui: Yes, as everybody else has already said, there is very poor relationship development and character development for her. Even now, all I now is that she's a brothercon who eats a lot. Whoop de do. That thing with her brother and wife having a kid, that was not really connected to the final episode. Ui and Kazuma went from friendly to each other to too shy to talk all of a sudden. We're missing an episode's worth of content here. It's as if the writers thought, "Hey, it's obvious that Ui will be the victor. Therefore, let's not waste time on her path!"
* Ibuki: Easily the girl who got the most development with Kazuma, going from hostile to more than friendly. Now that I think about it, perhaps it's just as well she didn't end with him. She deserved better. (Too bad, because she was the best of the girls)
* Hina: Despite being there, she had very little presence due to being too quiet. Unlike other people, I was not too impressed with her story.
* Madoka: Not impressed with her story, either. She knew Kazuma the longest, yet did nothing when he showed up again. Her androphobia was more of a turn-off than a cute gimmick.
* Tsumugi: Has the least screentime of the girls, including her youngest sister who's not even a main heroine! Considering her position as the wise older sister and the part she played in the ending, she deserved a larger role than she got.
* Koyori: Her storyline was too separate from everybody else's. That was actually a good idea, since she's after the kid in the hospital, not Kazuma. What happened to that kid, anyway?
* Kasane: Supposedly Ayumu's love interest, but the show skipped all that, and yet gave her more screentime than Tsumugi.
* Ayumu: There's nothing wrong with him. I'm surprised more harem leads don't have little brothers to worry about, rather than being only kid, absent older siblings, or an imouto who's part of the harem. It'll be nice if Ayumu had a larger part to play though, since it seems like all he does is get the females to coo over him and that's it. He deserves the harem more than his brother.
* Kazuma: Generic harem lead. The annoying thing is, he has no initiative at all, and he only gets closer to the girls due to events or others' actions. He also showed no romantic interest in any of the girls until the end.
* I liked the anime art style more than the VN's.
* The ED sucks.
* The OP, on the other hand, I liked for some reason I can't pinpoint, perhaps because it's somewhat... hotblooded?! I know that's ridiculous, but just imagine a man singing this in just such a voice. I'm hoping the ensemble version used as the final ending is released sometime down the line.

Final score 6/10, lowest I've given this season, solely for the reason that the main heroine is completely neglected. If the writers had dedicated just one extra episode exclusively to Ui, this could have gone as high as an 8.

Currently playing: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon, Knights in the Nightmare
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 17:02   Link #605
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
I'm hoping the ensemble version used as the final ending is released sometime down the line.
That's what the character song album is for.

On another note, the word "deserve" seems to show up a lot in love-comedy situations. I'm not arguing this on the basis of storytelling, but more ethically. It implies something very forceful about the supposed nature of love, and I don't think love is supposed to be forceful. Melodramatic, sure, but not forceful. Forcing any emotions onto something doesn't end well.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 17:28   Link #606
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
On another note, the word "deserve" seems to show up a lot in love-comedy situations. I'm not arguing this on the basis of storytelling, but more ethically. It implies something very forceful about the supposed nature of love, and I don't think love is supposed to be forceful. Melodramatic, sure, but not forceful. Forcing any emotions onto something doesn't end well.
You're absolutely right. More often than not, whenever I hear somebody comment "They deserve each other" it's used in the context of mocking two horrible people. In the interest of happy endings I tend to use "deserve" when referring to whether two individuals would be a good match or not, because I do not enjoy seeing the pain of heartbreak happen to good people. I guess I see love as a "reward" of some kind, not exactly a healthy attitude.

Currently playing: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon, Knights in the Nightmare
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 17:54   Link #607
karuroso

So in the end Ayumu will basically NTR tree hot mums =O Feels like he should be the mc...rather than Kazuma,I'm sure he gonna regret not choosing Madoka/Hina when Ui starts to become fat and complain about health problems
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 18:56   Link #608
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

I forgot to mention that I liked the OP, too, as justsomeguy did. Very conventional, but it introduced the characters and had those nice animations with the characters running across the bottom of the screen, and then a few of them running across the middle of the screen. The awkwardness of it all gave a clue to how to watch the show: not expecting too much in the way of novelty or fineness.

If I liked the show as little as a lot of the posters here, I would never have got past the second episode. I thought it did a great job of making cliches enjoyable -- but only if you accepted that you were going to see nothing but cliches.

Ui was certainly a moeblob, but she was also a nice girl, and would do her best to make the lead character happy, as he would her. They "deserve each other" in a good way, too, lol.

I guess the only marginally novel part of the show was the shouta fanservice.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 19:39   Link #609
Arya

I'm glad the series ended. Usually I don't drop any 12 ep. anime I've started, no matter what. So I'm glad it ended because it was very hard to watch. The problem was, as many have said, Ui. the anime is unimpressive, but the other characters were nice, (ops I forgot someone) Everyone but the little brother.
The first thing I didn't like from the start was the trap-introduction of Madoka and the kiss afterward. I thought, trying to be positive: ok, now they are even, the game could start. But in the end Madoka has never been introduced. I don't like knowing the end from the start. Something like arterial something or princess lover (nothing worth to be remembered, I know). But what killed any curiosity left was the weak oniisan complex. From that point on nothing else surprised me, like Ibuki or hina had more relationship development than Ui or Ui not having any development
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 00:18   Link #610
katsudon
Part Time Translator

now loading hoshizora pc version. let's hope it's better. anyone have a link to the route to get all the girls?

well, i guess i can find it myself.

Japanzai TL - Working!!, Listen to Papa, Mayo Chiki,Btooom, Ore No XXXXX, Maga-Tsuki, Amagami
katsudon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 06:15   Link #611
Spat

I think this series missed something... A little bit of Yandere action might have made it more interesting. Then again, that's only my opinion...

Yandeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeee...

But now for serious discussion, Ibuki was simply the best female lead in this series, and I'll have to agree with justsomeguy, it's probably for the best that she didn't end up with Kazuma, 'cause he just doesn't deserves her.
Spat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 20:02   Link #612
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

So finally got round to watching the last episode and not to sound like a broken record or anything but alot of what I thought has been said before.

I will just say that I've got nothing against Ui but she really doesn't have anything going for her that makes me really interested in her.
But I don't hold that fact she was choosen as a bad thing against this series.

It surprisely is a decent anime, watchable at least.
I think it's kinda like a poorly driven sports car. We got this great looking car and great engine under the hood but some poor sob at the wheel.

My surprise came that I did finally get a little more Daigo/Mom interactions, I waited 11 eps for that and tbh was abit of a let down but still had to like it none the less. Masako Katsuki sells the role of hot milf.
Which brings me onto the the part of the series I liked/hated alot, the milfs!
Meme-tan is still favorite milf from last season or even from last coulpe of years(having a hard time trying to think of other epic milfs) but theres such a big helping here I can't help but give em a shout.
Despite that tho I hated the fact they didn't get the attention I would have liked them to get but that was always just wishful thinking on my part.
Couldn't care if the milfs aimed their attention towards Ayumu, as long as we got more of them, all good for me.

For the main cast all I can muster is "wish Mugi-chan got a bigger role".
Infact oddly Hina-chan being my favorite character, I actually wanted to see this go the Mugi-chan route.

p.s After typing all this up, it hit me at the last second on what was the biggest flaw of this series.
It was posted earlier somewhere but it had something to do with a cameo appearance in the game, obviously was never really gonna happen but damn you have no idea how much I wanted it after finding out about it.
Old 2011-07-09, 21:10   Link #613
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
You know this is probably the first time I've been sad that the Harem picked Girl #1.

Useless Moeblob is not a fun choice. Jeez even the Girls Bravo and Ninomiya Kun moeblobs had a particular power about them.

Owells, back to my favorite harem currently, Baka to Test! S2
There's also the fact that quite a few of those others at least have an "excuse" for being the way they are. Like Miharu in Girls Bravo is from a completely different planet! lol
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 22:13   Link #614
Midonin
Last Engage

Being a Marvelous Ent. production, it was only a matter of time before the announcement came to pass. Its passment has came.

OVA on the way!

I think the description says Minato (AkaSaka) will be showing up.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 23:55   Link #615
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Ayumu end at last?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 11:31   Link #616
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Ayumu end at last?
How I wish . That would actually be something about this show worth watching. A Madoka end is fine too.
Old 2011-08-12, 11:36   Link #617
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Being a Marvelous Ent. production, it was only a matter of time before the announcement came to pass. Its passment has came.

OVA on the way!

I think the description says Minato (AkaSaka) will be showing up.
Madoka ending?

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 14:21   Link #618
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Hahaha honestly don't really care if this OVA gave me a Saki, Mugi or Modaka ending all thats got my attention is the possiblity of Minato showing up!
Old 2011-09-17, 02:58   Link #619
Masuzu
ヒーロー
*Author

Hey guys, there's this anime and...wait, the party's over?

Yeah, it ended a couple of months ago.

Well, shit.

Anyway, hm, I have a much higher tolerance for anime so the
cliche-ness(?) was fine with me, also, like others I wasn't too
keen on Ui, but my favorite girl was Tsumugi anyway so I'm
fine with the way it ended.

Am I the only one who liked the ED more than the OP?

Oh, and I'm only talking about the song.

Wait, there's an OVA?
Old 2011-10-11, 15:05   Link #620
kazuma via america

The ending...just why did he go with Ui? all that linked those two together from the beginning was the accidental kiss. they barely had any dates together or really connecting moments.
kazuma via america is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, eroge, harem, seinen