AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-29, 03:47   Link #121
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for nsfw pantsu:
Old 2011-04-29, 05:35   Link #122
Seiryuu

ok, this might have been answered already, but...
Did Shimizu Ai play in the original game? I looked through a site that supposedly lists seiyuus and their aliases, and it listed the name used in the game as an alias of hers, and when I went to the game site the voice samples sounded like her. However, it's an EROGE. I find it [c]a little[/c]very hard to see such a well-off seiyuu like her doing eroge work.
Either way, it's not an incredible show but not terrible either. And it's still nice to hear Aoba Ringo doing a part in a normal anime; she has a cute voice, so it's a waste having her only use it for roles where her main line is "Aaahhhn~<3".
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 09:25   Link #123
Midonin
Last Engage

Yes, that was her. And even among eroge, there's different kinds of work. If it's a sweet romance like Hoshikaka or something action-adventurey or a mystery, there's really no shame in doing one. The majority of the dialogue is going to be non-sexual anywho.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 17:56   Link #124
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for pantsu:
Old 2011-04-29, 23:06   Link #125
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for nsfw pantsu:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for pantsu:
Thanks for the pantsu!

Old 2011-04-29, 23:20   Link #126
jedinat
フリーター

This anime is really kind of annoying, lol. The little brother... omg, a little (anime) girl with a dick. The blushing sets my teeth on edge. And no older brother on the planet acts that way towards his little brother. I have extensive personal experience in this area, lol.

Overall your average eroge adaption in pretty much every way, except maybe a little exaggerated here and there, which I guess keeps it from being unforgivably bland... I don't think I'll watch anymore. I can only take so much brain-dead sentimentality.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 01:03   Link #127
Johnny
Working the bags...

Kind of cheesy, but not expecting much beyond eye candy anyways...

Agree with the above. My younger brother was a sickly with real bad asthma, but I still beat on him. It's like a right of passage or something, since my older brother beat the crap out of me at times too...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 02:10   Link #128
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Sibling relationships are like snowflakes. For all that they have certain elements common to all, no two are alike. Some older siblings actually do dote on their younger, especially when there are no parents around.

For all that, though, if you're looking for realism I really think you're barking up the wrong tree here. You need to check about 80% of your rational brain at the door if you're going to enjoy this show as far as I'm concerned.
Old 2011-04-30, 02:39   Link #129
jedinat
フリーター

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Sibling relationships are like snowflakes. For all that they have certain elements common to all, no two are alike. Some older siblings actually do dote on their younger, especially when there are no parents around.
Male siblings about three years apart do not dote on each other, lol. They do not do considerate things for each other and then blush in gratification over them. They do not give each other affectionate piggy back rides; they do not check each others temperature by pressing foreheads together. They do not do each other's hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
For all that, though, if you're looking for realism I really think you're barking up the wrong tree here. You need to check about 80% of your rational brain at the door if you're going to enjoy this show as far as I'm concerned.
Yes, lol.

Yeah, uhh, whoever gave me negative rep for my "sad hatred of brotherly love" needs to descend from yaoi heaven for a bit... I've for 22 years been the older brother in the same sibling unit depicted... and I've not once beat the crap out of my little brother and we get along pretty well. What I wrote still stands, lol.

Last edited by jedinat; 2011-04-30 at 03:47.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 04:08   Link #130
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

i finally realized that this show is not realistic! at the first scene the generic male lead/older brother said that "it" does stand up sometimes in the morning, i happen to know, based on experience that in reality "it" always stands up every morning! and by it i mean the hair of course
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 08:59   Link #131
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Pretty tight on what anime I can watch nowadays and I know there are loads of other stuff atm that are probably way better than this but I felt like picking this up.

First I'm gonna point out, I agree with jedinat and Johnny, no male siblings act that way.
I have a younger sister and older brothers and never have any of use acted like so but we are all pretty close.
While yes we looked out for each other, it was mostly beating or arguing with each other, like Johnny says it's a kinda rite of passage.
Even most of my friends either have a older or younger brother and all they did was beat each other up(ahhh good times when your sat there watching them fight)

But then I have to agree with Guardian Enzo as well, that you know you have to leave part of your brain at the door when watching this, it's expected.

Still while I have seen brotherly love like this in some other series before, it never really went as far as this.
I think the little brother would have been better as a little sister or if he liked dressing up as a girl(anime and manga has warped my mind over the years and I now have a great fondness for traps>_<)

Well for the anime so far it's been ok, nothing really great but well still enjoyable enough despite the kinda awkward sibling relationship.

ehh I'm think I'll just leave it at saying "Needs moar Mugi-chan, Madoka-chan and a slow-mo scene of Yorozu-onee-sama letting down her hair!"
Old 2011-04-30, 22:59   Link #132
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Needs moar Wakamezake scenes, with Ui and Madoka!
Old 2011-05-02, 15:42   Link #133
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Ep 5:

Nice, a 'cool beauty' type! Not a very impressive debut though, guess Madoka is still the best. Ah, I want a ramen with tempura prawns now... *drool*
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 16:51   Link #134
CWW
Lurker

OH GOOD LORD THIS SHOW IS SO BAD IT'S GOOD FULL OF WIN

When Ibuki offered a bottle of water, I snarkily commented "oh shit indirect kiss!" out loud, and lo and behold, they made a reference not a second later. Sometimes you just need these shows to turn off your brain and brighten the day. No plot, no pretentiousness, no nonsense (I'm looking at you, Nichijou!)

I'm still not quite sure if it's supposed to be subverting these harem cliches (those previews sure is making it seem that way), but it sure as hell is entertaining. It's nicely filling the void of what Infinite Stratos left behind last season. I actually like Kazuma more than Ichika at this point, as he is actually complimentary, even though he's the same bumbling idiot. The question is whether he has a libido or not... The jury is still out on that one!
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 16:58   Link #135
SidVicious
Anime addict

Sakai is cute.
Old 2011-05-02, 19:15   Link #136
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Male siblings about three years apart do not dote on each other, lol. They do not do considerate things for each other and then blush in gratification over them. They do not give each other affectionate piggy back rides; they do not check each others temperature by pressing foreheads together. They do not do each other's hair.
Obvious anime exaggerations are obvious (like what you posted up there) but brothers don't have to be rough. The show is very far from realistic characterization which is typical of eroge's so I'm not sure why its suddenly a problem now.

Quote:
This.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-05-02 at 21:47. Reason: Let's not discuss reputation (forum rule 4.4)
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 20:53   Link #137
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Spoiler for Episode 4:
Old 2011-05-02, 23:44   Link #138
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hah! 2 and half minutes of Madoka time <3, which is a minute longer than Ui's lol. Believing she has a fighting chance isn't too delusional of me... right?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 05:29   Link #139
Seiryuu

Like the (intentional or not) reference to an old classic in ep4.
This hand wax on, this hand wax off.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 07:19   Link #140
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
Obvious anime exaggerations are obvious (like what you posted up there) but brothers don't have to be rough. The show is very far from realistic characterization which is typical of eroge's so I'm not sure why its suddenly a problem now.
I think everyone here understands that anime is very far from realistic characterization but don't mean we can't rant on about it.
Like you said "obvious anime exaggerations are obvious", I would think everyone here gets that but there are times you gotta express your ranting.
It's just like with all the harem leads that don't have the balls to do anything but everyone will beat on that aspect everytime

Yea brothers don't need to beat each other up to get along, I knew plenty of brothers that did so but I gotta admit it's hard to take in that any older brother would have his younger brother do his hair for him in the morning.
I can understand doting on a younger brother altho I do think it goes a little bit too far.

I do enjoy this anime and just like with most game adaptations you gotta switch off for the most part.

Oh and forgot to say before but I quite enjoy the male friend dude and his mother's anitcs. It's not everyday you see the male best friend and his mother's interactions, espeically in the classroom. It's somewhat refreshing to me.

Tags
comedy, eroge, harem, seinen