AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-03, 05:14   Link #621
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
wow episode 61 was pretty boring. so much backstory of that girl from AL4. Just get the fight over with Misaki, will probably win this match either way.
Spoiler:
Old 2012-03-03, 06:18   Link #622
ShiroiRyu

Hum ...
I liked the 61.
Always good to have some backstory.

You can click on it for a animated version.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 10:52   Link #623
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I liked the backstory too. She actually feels like an actual character now and hopefully stays around. She also has one the more realistic scenarios: "meet guy, fall in love, get strong." Also I really like what they're doing with Misaki, really really good setup for anime and the premise for a card games. Wished they hadn't gone that extra mile to make it so dead obvious though.
Old 2012-03-03, 16:50   Link #624
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Wasn't much of a backstory, really. I won't say they pulled it out of a hat filled with standard minion backstories because I don't think they put that much effort into it, but it really wasn't to write home about.

As for realosm... kinda hard to gauge. I mean, it's an anime about a card game.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 11:57   Link #625
Meltyred

That effect when Misaki puts cards in the bottom of the deck.
It's blatantly telling how Misaki will predict every card from the stack and allow her to win
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 13:43   Link #626
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 04:45   Link #627
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
youtube embed
Nice, I actualyl rather loved the brand new ending theme quite a bit more than the original. Also, I wasn't aware that they already have an official English dub for Singapore.

Also, apparently Vanguard is also getting a live action adaptation.

http://0taku.livedoor.biz/archives/4131473.html

EDIT: A small spoiler in the link: the link has character designs for a character we haven't seen before from the anime.

Last edited by Darkman.exe213; 2012-03-07 at 20:59.
Darkman.exe213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 19:50   Link #628
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman.exe213 View Post
Also, apparently Vanguard is also getting a live action adaptation.

http://0taku.livedoor.biz/archives/4131473.html
You might want to add that the link is spoilerish, since there is a character in there that we have not even seen yet.

Although, it is quite interesting that they would make a live action adaptation. I find it hard to imagine how they will do it, but I hope they do a better job than the live action Sailor Moon.
Old 2012-03-08, 02:10   Link #629
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
You might want to add that the link is spoilerish, since there is a character in there that we have not even seen yet.

Although, it is quite interesting that they would make a live action adaptation. I find it hard to imagine how they will do it, but I hope they do a better job than the live action Sailor Moon.
Technically we did, he is from a flashback and had no lines.
Old 2012-03-08, 12:21   Link #630
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:

Oh god.... what were they thinking..... A live adaptation of someone playing a card game.... Are they going to be using special effects to simulate the hologram type battle field. Urgh that just gave me a vision of a live action Yugioh, a melodramatic card game battle, it works fine as a nice fan service for the show if taken light hearted, but to give it a serious overall plot....
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 14:22   Link #631
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

It actually makes more sense then you might think. A live action adaptation is more likely to get the feelings of excitement playing the game across then the anime as long as they don't botch it up by over playing the drama to alienate their product. And I don't know about you but I don't really care for the "dragon hits, *boom*" moments, it's all about the cards and game. As long as the live action has nice camera angles and on-screen card popups so we can tell what they're playing it's all good. Character monologue is also always nice. All they have to do basically is take the game and up the production values as high as they can using the fantasy pretext, but not go overboard.

The story is also pretty straightforward and down to earth compared to other card games. The supernatural elements might as well be just be in their heads since there's no fireballs or magical girl transformations.

And in the end, if you really MUST see the cards fight, they could still probably show up as they do in the anime since well... that's how they look on the art...
Old 2012-03-08, 15:58   Link #632
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
It actually makes more sense then you might think. A live action adaptation is more likely to get the feelings of excitement playing the game across then the anime as long as they don't botch it up by over playing the drama to alienate their product. And I don't know about you but I don't really care for the "dragon hits, *boom*" moments, it's all about the cards and game. As long as the live action has nice camera angles and on-screen card popups so we can tell what they're playing it's all good. Character monologue is also always nice. All they have to do basically is take the game and up the production values as high as they can using the fantasy pretext, but not go overboard.

The story is also pretty straightforward and down to earth compared to other card games. The supernatural elements might as well be just be in their heads since there's no fireballs or magical girl transformations.

And in the end, if you really MUST see the cards fight, they could still probably show up as they do in the anime since well... that's how they look on the art...
I don't get how how it would remotely make sense. melodrama and card games don't really go together at the very least not when it's based of of a show aimed at kids.

If I wanted to watch a tense card game battle I would go watch a tense card game battle, I wouldn't watch a live action production based on around some sort of "serious" plot with characters exaggeratedly stating the phrase "Final tuuurn!!!"
Old 2012-03-08, 16:04   Link #633
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Well, I guess you're right... YOU (Tenchi Hou Take) wouldn't.
Old 2012-03-09, 20:48   Link #634
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer

So what happens to AL4 when Ren gets "expelled" for his eventual predicted lost to Aichi?

Ren: "Asaka, you lost, so you're expelled from AL4. But before that, I've got to go expel myself first."

Well, everything is going as predicted right now, but it is still very entertaining compared to the Aichi losing and crying chronicles earlier in the series.

I'm still expecting Aichi to use some form of Psyqualia before the match is over, although not the same as Ren.
Old 2012-03-09, 22:46   Link #635
Meltyred

It's weird how polite Ren is when he expelled Asaka...
But finally, I get to see a real fight.
This one was full of monologues and crap....
Old 2012-03-09, 23:13   Link #636
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
wpw Misaki what a fight. I knew that green card starting at the bottom meant something. So she memorized all 16 cards. Fullmoon tsukuyomi with 3 crit with 2800 damn. binds 2 cards while at it. That's some crazy revenge. That deck really suits Misaki and her quick memory. Too bad Misaki didn't add in a final turn at the beginning of the turn. That would be even more epic.

Seeing Misaki's deck made me think to myself a long time ago that, what if you look at the cards and just don't put it in your hand but put it back at the bottom of the deck so you can predict triggers. For example, if you keep putting back non triggers to the bottom of the deck you'll eventually get a trigger when you attack. I didn't expect Misaki memorizing the all 16 cards going back into the deck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
It's weird how polite Ren is when he expelled Asaka...
But finally, I get to see a real fight.
This one was full of monologues and crap....
well he did want to fight Aiichi so Asaka losing didn't mean much to him.
Old 2012-03-10, 06:54   Link #637
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
wpw Misaki what a fight. I knew that green card starting at the bottom meant something. So she memorized all 16 cards.
I thought it'd be more impressive. All she used was the top two cards.

Quote:
So what happens to AL4 when Ren gets "expelled" for his eventual predicted lost to Aichi?

Ren: "Asaka, you lost, so you're expelled from AL4. But before that, I've got to go expel myself first."
Obviously, they'll team up to take revenge on Tetsu, the sole remaining member of AL4.

"Tetsu, we'll defeat you and prove you were wrong to throw us away!"
"Guys, I'm telling you, I don't care that you lost. Just come back, I made hot pot."
"Prepare yourself, we'll definitely beat you."
"Guys..."
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 08:15   Link #638
Meltyred

Spoiler for Second Season:

Second Season starts on 8th of April so...
Fight will take 4 episodes?
Old 2012-03-10, 15:36   Link #639
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Spoiler for Second Season:

Second Season starts on 8th of April so...
Fight will take 4 episodes?
Spoiler for season 2:
Old 2012-03-10, 16:25   Link #640
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@Meltyred you should put a notice like "leaked info" or something before the spoiler. When I read that I thought it was speculation.

Tags
cardfight vanguard!!, moe