AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2010-12-31, 04:15   Link #121
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Spirit artifacts were a weird case...Orochimaru had said he'd been looking for them, so Itachi's eyes giving birth to them would be odd. On the other hand, where did Itachi find them and how did he fuse them into his Susano'o?
Old 2010-12-31, 04:55   Link #122
Sasheks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Speaking of Orochimaru, he's, technically speaking, sealed in Totsuka, right? "In a dreamlike state", if I recall correctly. We don't actually know what happened to those weapons when Itachi died, did we?

Because, if my memory serves correctly, they weren't at Sasuke's disposal.

Do you think it possible that Kabuto somehow retrieved the sword or the ability and is using a sealed Orochimaru to power the technique in the first place?
Hence the 'This technique has no drawback!' claim? It might be technically true if Kabuto is merely facilitating the jutsu and using Oro as a shield for the drawback.

Would also explain why Orochimaru never used the jutsu again after doing it on the 1st and 2nd Hokages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Spirit artifacts were a weird case...Orochimaru had said he'd been looking for them, so Itachi's eyes giving birth to them would be odd. On the other hand, where did Itachi find them and how did he fuse them into his Susano'o?

Itachi had the shield and sword sealed in his eyes. Dunno how he got them. And now that Sasuke has Itachi's eyes we can assume that Sasuke now has the sword and shield.
Old 2010-12-31, 06:55   Link #123
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
There is a chance that previous MS/EMS users had those two weapons in their susano, just like Sasuke's susano has his own weapons. And if these guys used those weapons to beat kage level ninjas then it would give birth to stories and legends that are telling the world about legendary weapons that were lost long ago. However only a few Uchiha did know the secret of these weapons, that is that these weapons cannot exist on their own but only as part of specific susano monsters. Legends are born because of ignorance, and some people like Orochimaru know that there must be something real behind the legend, but they don't know what it is. So it might be that Orochimaru was thinking that these weapons are independent of Uchiha powers but they are not, and also it might be that Orochi was right and Itachi found or inherited the weapons from someone or something. A nice mistery that will be probably revealed when Naruto and Sasuke fight and Itachi's power within Naruto awakens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Do you think it possible that Kabuto somehow retrieved the sword or the ability and is using a sealed Orochimaru to power the technique in the first place?
Hence the 'This technique has no drawback!' claim? It might be technically true if Kabuto is merely facilitating the jutsu and using Oro as a shield for the drawback.
I'm sure that's not the case, because he needed Anko. If he had Orochi's soul he wouldn't need a small amount of his chakra taken from Anko. Do you think Itachi's legacy will be given to a disgusting evil guy like Kabuto? Kabuto's has Orochimaru's legacy, that is his power. Itachi who was a hero of Konoha like Jiraiya or the 4th hokage will help the main hero far beyond his death. These guys were so powerful that it is fitting that even after their death they are saving the life of Naruto and Sasuke multiple times, that is where their legacy lies.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2010-12-31 at 07:07.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 06:44   Link #124
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Sleepyfan's translation cleared something up for me in this chapter. I thought Kabuto was just talking about those six zombies we saw, but he was referring to all the remaining zombies. He'll bind them just to follow orders, but keep their personalities and emotions intact. Until they fight which is when he will take complete control since he now realizes that talk-no-jutsu can defeat them.

It's also ironic that Kabuto said he passed Orochimaru with Edo Tensei when it's Orochimaru's chakra that is making all this possible.
Old 2011-01-02, 18:33   Link #125
pizzajincuuriki
I have it inside me :]

Been a while...lets begin.

I've noticed a plenty of arguement on character match ups mainly based on emotional ties between certain characters and thier respective opponents. I believe we are looking at this from a standard what matchup has emotional connections with each other. Given Kishimoto's writing style so far it is understood that most of readers would feel this way. Sai fought his brother who I am almost certain we had never seen until then (i may be wrong on that). Very emotional, and broought about a catharsis for both characters. Based on solely this fight I see how fights such as Neji v Hizashi, and Shikimaru v Asuma, the second one I myself particularly am a fan of.

However I would like to draw your attention another fight. Kankuro v Sasori. In this case the only connection that we observed between these characters was thier initial battle, Kankuro lost. Yet it still ended with what I am assuming all the upcoming battles will end with, catharsis. Interesting, all they have in common is that they are both puppeteers, from the sand, and shared a battle where Kankuro was completely outclassed. They are not family, or even secon cousins. Given the conditions of thier battles, circumstances we did not know, such as Kankuro having Sasori's puppet body, and simply the battle itself, it still ended in catharsis.

How outlandish is it, that Lee and Kimmimaro would fight? If by the standards for the fights are indeed what most of the arguements I see are based on, they should have more of chance of fighting than Kankuro and Sasori. We actually saw thier fight. Lee at the time was fighting to save his friends and had just returned to battle from a supposedly career ending injury. An arguement for lack of emotion in this battle would be relevant only if it was made on the fact that Kimmimaro had none towards his opponent. And a rematch with Lee as the victor would mean more IN MY OPINION than Kankuro's defeat of Sasori.

This holds true for more than that pairing, it just seems the more prevalent and the best example for my arguement. My intentions were only to provide perspective.
Old 2011-01-02, 19:23   Link #126
james0246

^Sasori was viewed as the greatest Puppet master ever, someone that Kankuro looked up to. He even built the very puppets Kankuro uses. To claim that Lee has a greater connection to Kimimaro than Kankuro did with Sasori (at least in regards to fight potential) is completely false. That being said, besides Sakura, Sasori's only other connection (emotional or otherwise) was with Kankuro, unlike Kimimaro who has a very large connection (Juugo) still waiting around.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 16:43   Link #127
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Something is bugging me (it might have been discussed already, sorry to ask again then) : could Jiraiya be resurrected ?

It would be deadly painful for Naruto to face his mentor, though there is little chance Naruto would join the troops in battle ( madara has now time to deal with the remaining jinchuurikis)
Old 2011-01-03, 17:13   Link #128
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ He COULD be resurrected, but Kabuto said he couldn't get his hands on Jiraiya's DNA, so Kabuto can't do it. If he can manage to rez Orochimaru though, it would be a different story.
Old 2011-01-03, 17:40   Link #129
SeanQ

Also how is Kabuto going to be able to control the seven swordsman...if the two guys that he summoned did the summoning...won't those two have to stick the seal kunais into the swordsman...and where did those two even learn how to summon the swordsman -_-
Old 2011-01-03, 20:10   Link #130
james0246

Quote:
^ He COULD be resurrected, but Kabuto said he couldn't get his hands on Jiraiya's DNA, so Kabuto can't do it. If he can manage to rez Orochimaru though, it would be a different story.
Presumably Orochimaru is not dead, so all Kabuto can currently summon is Orochimaru's arms .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
Also how is Kabuto going to be able to control the seven swordsman...if the two guys that he summoned did the summoning...won't those two have to stick the seal kunais into the swordsman...and where did those two even learn how to summon the swordsman -_-
Presumably Kabuto had already resurrected them (note: panel 5 of page 16), the two new zombies simply summoned the other swordsmen to Kakashi's location.
Old 2011-01-04, 08:27   Link #131
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Presumably Orochimaru is not dead, so all Kabuto can currently summon is Orochimaru's arms .
What I meant was that he could control Itachi to control his amaterasu to release Orochimaru from the gourd. Also I don't think you can count his arms as dead :P
Old 2011-01-04, 09:29   Link #132
james0246

^It wouldn't matter any way, considering that the death god ate Orochimaru's arms...
Old 2011-01-05, 06:47   Link #133
siaf DZ
Algeria

Send a message via MSN to siaf DZ Send a message via Yahoo to siaf DZ Send a message via Skype™ to siaf DZ
Quote:
What I meant was that he could control Itachi to control his amaterasu to release Orochimaru from the gourd. Also I don't think you can count his arms as dead :P
Yes I am with you in it before ...

My brother
siaf DZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 16:01   Link #134
Shining Celebi
a

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^It wouldn't matter any way, considering that the death god ate Orochimaru's arms...
The soul-arms the Death God ate seemed to belong to that host body, since he had a perfectly good new set of arms after he took over somebody else. Even in his soul-form, or chakra-form, or whatever it was that came out in the Itachi fight, Orochimaru had two intact arms (he was even holding Kusanagi in one.)

Really the whole soul/chakra/mind division makes no sense in Naruto...but who knows. If Orochimaru moves his soul to a new body with his possession jutsu, then a new host should not bring new arms. If he moves his mind, where does his soul and chakra go? Zetsu says it's Orochimaru's chakra that came out in the Itachi fight and was sealed, but then where is his soul? And then if each of the white snakes was a part of Orochimaru, well, some of them were not sealed by Susanoo, just burnt up - do they go to the afterlife? I don't hold out much faith that it'll ever be explained, I suspect we're just supposed to take what we're told and not think about it.

Last edited by Shining Celebi; 2011-01-05 at 16:12.
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 23:04   Link #135
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Celebi View Post
The soul-arms the Death God ate seemed to belong to that host body, since he had a perfectly good new set of arms after he took over somebody else. Even in his soul-form, or chakra-form, or whatever it was that came out in the Itachi fight, Orochimaru had two intact arms (he was even holding Kusanagi in one.)

Really the whole soul/chakra/mind division makes no sense in Naruto...but who knows. If Orochimaru moves his soul to a new body with his possession jutsu, then a new host should not bring new arms. If he moves his mind, where does his soul and chakra go? Zetsu says it's Orochimaru's chakra that came out in the Itachi fight and was sealed, but then where is his soul? And then if each of the white snakes was a part of Orochimaru, well, some of them were not sealed by Susanoo, just burnt up - do they go to the afterlife? I don't hold out much faith that it'll ever be explained, I suspect we're just supposed to take what we're told and not think about it.
well, if you assume that souls can regenerate, the fact that orochimaru could have his arms intact would sort of make sense. For all we know, he doesn't literally transfer his soul over but remakes/assimilates the host's soul.

As for the chakra and soul thing, maybe chakra is essentially connected to the soul. You don't quite expect Zetsu to be able to see souls right?

For the parts of orochimaru soul being burnt up, I have no difficulty with the concept that the soul (or parts thereof) can be destroyed. After if it can be sealed (i.e. affected somehow) there is no reason we can't do other things with it.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 15:20   Link #136
darkmaster074
------

Naruto x Uniqlo Special OVA
it have some major spoilers , that why i put it here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?a7ddb1dyjcyjwc2
darkmaster074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 21:13   Link #137
GusGus

God, I hate jpop.
GusGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 09:22   Link #138
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Well well... it's been a very long time but... best wishes to all... may we have another year full of fierce discussions to increase our fantasy .

This is to sum up the next 2 years before 2012 ends everything
Spoiler:

btw shouldn't we expect a chapter this week?
Old 2011-01-07, 13:43   Link #139
Killer Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
yeah, it would be so difficult to create new characters or a new arc.
Not necessarily.

Remember that both Jiraya and Pain said that winning isn't about beating the latest and greatest bad guy. Its about helping all villages to understand each other. And unless Naruto can sway the world with a speech, he may not be able to revamp the current system as Hokage as he would only be leader of one village.

Could the bureaucracy force Naruto to become the next Pain but with a different objective?
Killer Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 13:49   Link #140
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
btw shouldn't we expect a chapter this week?
No. Spoilers should be released next week (though an early spoiler could come out Sunday).

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, weekly chapter thread, weekly spoiler discussion