PDA

View Full Version : Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai (generic thread)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

TAKOYAKI
2011-06-02, 07:36
http://blog-imgs-47-origin.fc2.com/a/s/u/asuui/o_20110602201226.jpg

wandering-dreamer
2011-06-02, 10:21
This is rather cute, (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-06-02/anohana-cho-heiwa-busters-secret-base-recreated) also didn't know there was a store devoted just to noitaminA series in Tokyo.

Proto
2011-06-02, 10:42
Depends. How old is your brother?

22 this year. Apparently he prefers lots of fantasy/sci-fi in his anime/books/media. He has a point when he says that he has enough of slice of life in real life. :heh:

Guardian Enzo
2011-06-02, 11:27
If it can get a 22 year-old (is there a more self-important age than that?) nostalgic enough to reconnect with his youth, I'd call it a success...

As cool as that AnoHana exhibit is, more than anything I'm pissed that I didn't know that NoitaminA shop existed when I was in Tokyo. I could be wearing a Hourou Musuko T-shirt right now...

Kanon
2011-06-05, 12:56
You can vote for your favorite outfit on the official website: http://www.anohana.jp/special/fashion.html

As expected, Manma is the most popular. Actually, Menma's the one with the most vote, but I reckon that's because she only has one outfit.

Velsy
2011-06-06, 21:22
Well after thinking this season was pretty dull and nothing really appealed to me. (seriously noone subbing Maria+Hoilic ?)

I just re-watched Toradora and noticed on MAL, Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae was listed right next to Toradora and Clannad on the reccomends. So I thought I'd give it a try. Here I am now 8 episodes later wanting to watch the next one. So far I rating it amung one of the great animes of the year (that I've seen)

Really has impressed me. But I sorta am depressed a little as its built on a depressing event (The death of a girl like her in a tragic accident noone seen coming)... but that might just be me.

Flower
2011-06-06, 21:26
You can vote for your favorite outfit on the official website: http://www.anohana.jp/special/fashion.html

As expected, Manma is the most popular. Actually, Menma's the one with the most vote, but I reckon that's because she only has one outfit.

:heh:

They included one of Yukiatsu cross-dressing!

Guardian Enzo
2011-06-06, 21:30
Well after thinking this season was pretty dull and nothing really appealed to me. (seriously noone subbing Maria+Hoilic ?)

I just re-watched Toradora and noticed on MAL, Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae was listed right next to Toradora and Clannad on the reccomends. So I thought I'd give it a try. Here I am now 8 episodes later wanting to watch the next one. So far I rating it amung one of the great animes of the year (that I've seen)

Same director (Tatsuyuki Nagai) as Toradora.

Velsy
2011-06-09, 02:36
I was thinking today.... I would've liked/loved to seen Memna join the Angel Beats crew O_o

Just putting that thought out there ^_^

Same director (Tatsuyuki Nagai) as Toradora.

Ah, well I liking it as much as Clannad/Toradora. So, so far its lived up to that expectation. But its slightly different as they don't really involve going school as a common setting.

spawnofthejudge
2011-06-09, 08:01
Ah, well I liking it as much as Clannad/Toradora. So, so far its lived up to that expectation. But its slightly different as they don't really involve going school as a common setting.

In fact, the few times that the narrative takes us to the school, it feels extremely awkward.

mellomarie
2011-06-10, 14:59
i love everything about this show, even the hard to swallow jintan and menma. i'd prefer menma being a hallucination tbh.

jintan is just bland imo but menma i can handle in small doses.

basically watching for anaru and yukiatsu. they're great individually and together.

Deconstructor
2011-06-11, 22:48

Naturally, Yukiatsu crossdressing as Menma is a clear second place.

A strange pattern... everyone's most popular outfit is wearing a white shirt, except for Jinta.

Jan-Poo
2011-06-21, 11:34
You know, I feel kinda sad for Menma. She wants everyone to be friend and stay together, but after 10 episodes I see no significant change in their relationships and there's no sign that they'd still want to hang out after Menma leaves.

It's all a big chain of unrequited loves, but where's the friendship?

Even Poppo, it seems to me that he just wants the old group to do stuff together rather than being attached to the single persons.

As for the others

-Jintan doesn't really care about anyone but Menma
-Anaru doesn't really care about anyone but Jintan and she doesn't particularly like yukiatsu
-Yukiatsu hates Jintan, doesn't care about Poppo, wants Anaru as a Menma replacement, sees Tsuruko as someone to hang out with and nothing more
-Tsuruko despises Jintan, doesn't like Anaru, doesn't care about Poppo, loves and, at the same time, despises Yukiatsu

The only one that loves everyone is Menma. So sad.

Maybe something will change in the last episode.

Archon_Wing
2011-06-22, 05:21
Can't believe this series is almost over. Quite hyped for the last episode enough that I'll temporarily change my avatar/title to "Okada-- we believe" :heh:

All I can say is that our writer here has reached new heights.

Xcomp
2011-06-25, 08:56
Finally got round to watching this show after hearing all the hype. The "lolicon" fan service almost put me off during the first two episodes but, turned out to be a nice series about people moving on and relationships.

Don't know if anyone noticed but I liked how Jinta had different t-shirts that suited the situation all the time... Started off with 地底人 "underground dweller" when he was still a Hikikomori the, 火山 "volcano" when he finally decided to be more active and stand up for Menma then finally 無常 "uncertainty" in the last episode.

Don't think I'd be wearing those giant Kanjis on my t-shirts though! ^^;

This JP blog (http://tangerine.sweetstyle.jp/?eid=910921) has some nice photos of the real world location, btw. Seems the Anime gave the area some good exposure.

fazer
2011-06-25, 09:35
Looking at those blog pictures made me sad...

diabolistic
2011-06-25, 12:31
Noice, I'll be in Japan from the 26th so I may have to pick up this bad boy.

Well, Poppo also decided to avoid school and travel. In fact, it seems like he's trying to get as far away from Japan as possible...

Boom, headshot!

GreyFlcn
2011-06-25, 20:36
r3MVTSe1kJI

deadite
2011-06-26, 23:52
My take on the series is that Ano Hana was a metaphorical hide-and-seek game which started the day Menma died. The game dragged on because they could not "find" Menma but in the end they were finally able to find her.

Xcomp
2011-06-28, 17:51
That blog I linked to seems to have found a place where the "secret base" might have been modeled after in Chichibu.

http://tangerine.sweetstyle.jp/?eid=910926

Lots of "ItaEmas" at the shrine now just like the time when Lucky Star was trending.

fazer
2011-06-28, 20:12
That blog I linked to seems to have found a place where the "secret base" might have been modeled after in Chichibu.

http://tangerine.sweetstyle.jp/?eid=910926

Lots of "ItaEmas" at the shrine now just like the time when Lucky Star was trending.

hmmm so many posters, I should grab one.... if I can go there...

TrippedUp
2011-07-02, 18:14
Lots of fans, but little to no fanfiction? The show is over, and I need something to sustain my AnoHana fangirl inside D:

fazer
2011-07-02, 18:23
I am hoping to see some fan fiction, especially ones where Jinta + Anjo , Tsuroko + Yukiatsu relationships are further explored.

I left out Poppo ....again.

TrippedUp
2011-07-02, 20:29
I'm afraid for Poppo. Since he wasn't paired up, law of fanfic dictates he will always be paired with OC who is an obvious Mary-Sue just tailor made for him.

Guardian Enzo
2011-07-11, 18:07
Menma at work?

The website for the Saitama Shimbun newspaper in Japan reported on Friday that some of the AnoHana wish plaques from the Chichibu Shrine in Saitama prefecture have disappeared. The town of Chichibu was used as a model for the town depicted in AnoHana, which finished airing last month. The shrine has now become a pilgrimage spot for fans of the series.

Fans from the show had visited the shrine from across Japan and wrote wishes on the plaques, such as "I hope Jintan goes to school" and "I hope Menma and everyone's wish is able to come true." Originally, there were 30-40 of these AnoHana-themed wish plaques hanging at the shrine, but now all but a few have disappeared.

The shrine has now set up an exclusive section for AnoHana-themed wish plaques, which are, despite the disappearances, still increasing as fans are still traveling to the shrine to hang them.

The Chichibu Anime Tourism Executive Committee and the Chichibu Business Union Association have, as a part of a larger plan to promote tourism in the area, created approximately 550 AnoHana street light flags to hang along the nine shopping streets in the city. Of those 550 flags, 50 have also gone missing.

The story of AnoHana follows several childhood friends who try to reconnect in high school after drifting apart.

fazer
2011-07-12, 05:15
Oh silly fans, wishing for Jinta to go to school, Jinta is not real.

I wish anjo marries me

Guardian Enzo
2011-07-12, 11:41
Oh silly fans, wishing for Jinta to go to school, Jinta is not real.

I wish anjo marries me

I see what you did there.

salitangibinasura
2011-07-23, 10:03
The anime isn't anything special. I'm not even into this kinda anime, but for some reason when I started watching it, I just can't stop. I finished it in a day. -____-
Overall, a 8/10 <3

diabolistic
2011-07-24, 15:30
I'm kind of glad I was able to visit Chichibu this year right before the show aired. I highly suggest anyone visiting Chichibu to try their famous sake flavoured jelly!

tyciol
2011-07-27, 23:39
11 is an odd number :)

Aurine
2011-08-13, 06:15
What I still like, the site keep updating everyday, even the twitter

omimon
2011-08-21, 19:21
Move along, just a bunch of Yukiatsu cosplayers here. Nothing new.
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/08/22/ano-hi-mita-cosplay-nightmare/

Aurine
2011-08-25, 01:38
Move along, just a bunch of Yukiatsu cosplayers here. Nothing new.
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/08/22/ano-hi-mita-cosplay-nightmare/

I find that's a hell, rather than nightmare..

sunset
2011-09-28, 13:06
Finally finished watching this series and I LOVED it.

Very emotional but very well played.

Only thing that kinda broke my suspension of disbelief...

I can´t see that bunch of 8-10 years old kids building a secret base as well and as robust as that one.

I had a childhood posse myself and we had out share of secret bases and we could only dream we could afford the materials they had.

Not to mention the muscles to carry those huge and heavy wooden planks up the hill.

Still, great series.

Anjo rules!

Lord of Fire
2011-09-30, 09:54
Finally finished watching this series and I LOVED it.

Very emotional but very well played.

Only thing that kinda broke my suspension of disbelief...

I can´t see that bunch of 8-10 years old kids building a secret base as well and as robust as that one.

I had a childhood posse myself and we had out share of secret bases and we could only dream we could afford the materials they had.

Not to mention the muscles to carry those huge and heavy wooden planks up the hill.

Still, great series.

Anjo rules!

Was it ever shown that they actually built the place and not just took occupation of an abandoned shed and did some interior redecorating?

sunset
2011-10-02, 19:27
I don´t think that´s ever mentioned.

I posted a more thorough review of my personal impressions elsewhere, so I figured it´d only be fair to post it here a swell.

I liked the fact that each of the 5+1 friends have distinct personalities and their own cycle of character growth.
Menma is WAY too moe for my nerves but Anjo and Yukiatsu´s..... interests kept me going for more.
Jin-tan struck me as standard issue lead male anime character#2345 but they handled him decently enough, I guess, and the voice talent helped carry him up very well.
Initially, I wanted to detonate a small tactical nuke in Tsuruko´s face, but as the story progressed, I´ve come to really like her.
She´s very controlled and passive-aggressive but once the cracks start to pile up and you manage to see through to the real her, she´s just awesome.

I loved the character designs and especially their transition from childhood to teenage, it´s funny seeing how they change while retaining some base characteristics.
They could probably be a bit more imaginative with Menma (a dead girl in a white dress? Really?), but all the others are great.

I enjoyed watching Jin-tan slowly but surely regain his life and try to steer it somewhere.

I liked the fact that the story takes place in the actual town of Chichibu, meaning that if I were to go search, many of the scenes would take place in actual locations that exist in real life. It´s... cute.

I liked the fact that they restrained themselves from fanservice. I WUV! me some Ikkitousen overboard boobage, but in a story like this, less is usually better.

I liked the fact that it´s only 11 episodes long. Short and sweet.
My brain wouldn´t have survived 26 episode of Menma.

I really like the way I discovered this series.
I first learned of Zone while looking for j-pop bands my nieces could enjoy.
I enjoyed Secret Base before I even know what it was all about.
And to learn that it is the ending theme of Ano Hana was the icing on the cake, caught me completely by surprise when the melody starts in Jin-ta´s end scenne of episode #1 and I go:"- WHOA! So THIS is where this music is from!".

Highly recommended if you wanna take a break from your usuall shows and look for something a bit more calm and heartwarming.
It´s essentially a lovely story with some teary-eyed moments about friendship.

wandering-dreamer
2011-10-13, 21:03
Think I'm glad these changes were made.... (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-10-13/writer/anohana-originally-had-slapstick-erotic-elements)

Arabesque
2011-10-13, 21:09
I knew it ...

I watched too many Okada-original to understand that she had a thing for making anime with sexual jokes(just look at her adaption work even) ... I said that the reason why she was producing more sup-par works was due to her Protection from Editors ...

Thanks the gods for executive middling.

totoum
2011-10-13, 21:15
Think I'm glad these changes were made.... (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-10-13/writer/anohana-originally-had-slapstick-erotic-elements)

Well there you go,since she couldn't put it there because director Nagai was watching over she unloaded it all on Hanasaku Iroha and director Ando said "sure,go right ahead"! :heh:

brocko
2011-10-13, 21:17
Slapstick erotica? Sounds like she wanted to make it an ecchi from the start lol :heh:

Arabesque
2011-10-13, 21:22
Too bad it seems like that Ando inexperience with the genre made him trust her more :(

Anyway, I think that makes it more clear whos the main reason for why Hanasaku turned out to be so unfocused, since apparently Okada just wanted to do what's in her head without any actual plaining ... pity she wasted all the talent of the directors and the large budget of the show to do it :P

Meh, regardless, I think things turned out okay at the end ... both shows ended up being at least good in my eyes, but at least we can now put credit where it's due when it comes to the criticism towards the writing.

totoum
2011-10-13, 21:35
Too bad it seems like that Ando inexperience with the genre made him trust her more :(

He probably liked it himself too,they already worked on Canaan together and that one also had a bit of fanservice as well as random Okada moments,and canaan is much more in Ando's department.

It also completely validates this statement by Yakaman (worked with her on fractale)

MC: Please tell us about the Dias character.

Yamakan: Regarding Dias, it was Ms. Mari Okada (Series Composition and Scripts), not I, who wanted to add that type of character. She began to say that without this character, she would be unsatisfied and get bored with the series.(laughs). So we decided to make up that type of character. .

MC: Iguchi-san, how come do you think Enri says “ecchi” so many times? Any particular reason? Is Enri obsessed with it?

(...)
Iguchi: Maybe Enri is “ecchi”, too.

MC: Let's ask Yamakan about it.

Yamakan: Again, that was Mari Okada's decision! She came up with the idea that Enri would be a character who keeps yelling “ecchi”. She is crazy... she is an "ecchi" herself."

wandering-dreamer
2011-10-13, 21:41
It's an odd day when it seems like Yamakan is right, now I'm trying to remember if there were any random ecchi moments in Gosick.

Archon_Wing
2011-10-13, 21:42
Well, now I'm convinced that Okada works better if they keep her umm... fetishes under control. :heh:

Can we have this? Only one crossdressing scene this episode? Fine! But they have to bring it up later!

totoum
2011-10-13, 23:03
It's an odd day when it seems like Yamakan is right, now I'm trying to remember if there were any random ecchi moments in Gosick.

And to think the show that made me love Okada was Sketchbook,you can't get less echi than that.

So it seems if she keeps herself under check if she's doing an adaptation (of course she has adapted plenty of echi stuff) but lets herself lose on anime original stuff.

Then again,even in sketchbook she did cut out 2 male character and created a female anime original character.

4Tran
2011-10-14, 13:28
Director Tatsuyuki Nagai and character designer and chief animation director Masayoshi Tanaka contributed to the story's evolution during planning, according to Okada. The AnoHana writer said her emotions were shaken after learning much of the story had to be changed in order for the anime's proposal to be accepted. During that phase, the two staffers suggested to Okada that the current story might have been too cliche and that focusing on friendship would be a better alternative.
I think that this explains a lot about how Anohana turned out. It certainly appeared as if the creators rewrote the story from scratch, with all the plot threads that went nowhere in episodes 2-10. There are also bits from the original story concept left in the finished product as well. Whether this decision improved the show is hard to say, but it certainly paid off financially.

Guardian Enzo
2011-10-15, 12:18
Whether the decision improved the show certainly isn't hard for me to say.

It isn't unheard of for talented people to succeed much better when working with strong source material. Shinbo is much more tolerable, for me, when he's working with either a very strong writer (Madoka Magica) or a mangaka with a very distinctive style (Natsu no Arashi) then when his questionable impulses are allowed to run wild.

As for Okada, I think the secret of her success is that she writes great dialogue, and that's a hugely important skill. But unchecked, her sensibilities are clearly problematic. She's a misandrist of the first order, for one. But she also seems to fall in love with slapstick ecchi situation comedy, which she frankly doesn't write well. As we saw with Hourou Musuko, she can be very good with the right adaptation. But as for original material, you'd better pray for a production committee with some balls - both literally and figuratively.

Archon_Wing
2011-10-15, 17:49
But as for original material, you'd better pray for a production committee with some balls - both literally and figuratively.

... Aka not the Hanairo one. :heh: Now that show is an example of her going out of control with those ecchi elements and plot threads that go nowhere.

So I'm not doubtful that these changes improved the show. Without it, Ano Hana would have probably ended up in the trash can by episode 4.

0utf0xZer0
2011-10-17, 17:51
It's fairly clear from Okada's description of what she intended to write that she had more in mind than a mere "slapstick erotic comedy", but I guess ANN couldn't come up with a headline that didn't puff that angle. Appears to have coloured a lot of ANN posters' impressions of waht she intended too.

I strongly suspect that the AnoHana that could have been would be closer in tone to the AnoHana that we actually got than to your typical dime a dozen ecchi comedy. And while I love AnoHana (first "Key style childhood friends and supernatural events story" where I've liked the writing and not just the concept since EF, Sola, etc. aren't really "Key style" IMO), I can't help but be intrigued by what could have been. And unlike some of you, I think the result could have been pretty good stuff.

totoum
2011-10-17, 18:02
I can't help but be intrigued by what could have been. And unlike some of you, I think the result could have been pretty good stuff.

I find the concept interesting,I just don't trust Okada enough to think she'd manage to mix the slapstick comedy well with the drama.

0utf0xZer0
2011-10-17, 18:13
I find the concept interesting,I just don't trust Okada enough to think she'd manage to mix the slapstick comedy well with the drama.

This never really struck me as a major concern although I will admit that when people talk about badly integrated ecchi in Okada works, I have trouble remembering the scenes they talk about so I may not be the best person to judge that. (Except maybe Enri's "ecchi" catchphrse in Fractale, which to me is more a catchphrase issue than an ecchi one.)

Also, I am adamant that the fountain scene in episode 3 of Canaan was brilliant.

relentlessflame
2011-10-17, 20:16
Can we not use this thread to complain about unrelated shows and start little wars about it? Thanks...

Archon_Wing
2011-10-17, 20:22
It's fairly clear from Okada's description of what she intended to write that she had more in mind than a mere "slapstick erotic comedy", but I guess ANN couldn't come up with a headline that didn't puff that angle. Appears to have coloured a lot of ANN posters' impressions of waht she intended too.

I strongly suspect that the AnoHana that could have been would be closer in tone to the AnoHana that we actually got than to your typical dime a dozen ecchi comedy. And while I love AnoHana (first "Key style childhood friends and supernatural events story" where I've liked the writing and not just the concept since EF, Sola, etc. aren't really "Key style" IMO), I can't help but be intrigued by what could have been. And unlike some of you, I think the result could have been pretty good stuff.

Well, I sorta thought that by having romance there, but as a supporting element elevated the series in my eyes. Since we seem to be comparing AnoHana to Key a lot, I would say that Key generally works best as well when dealing with friendship and supporting romance, rather than that kind in the first place. I find it very hard to become attached if the romance just feels mandatory unless it's extremely fluid (5 cm per second)

totoum
2011-10-17, 20:38
I find it interesting how the ghost plot wasn't part of the initial plan,maybe that's why they never really tried putting much logic on how exactly ghosts interacted with objects and stuff like that.Though I didn't mind

0utf0xZer0
2011-10-17, 23:32
Well, I sorta thought that by having romance there, but as a supporting element elevated the series in my eyes. Since we seem to be comparing AnoHana to Key a lot, I would say that Key generally works best as well when dealing with friendship and supporting romance, rather than that kind in the first place. I find it very hard to become attached if the romance just feels mandatory unless it's extremely fluid (5 cm per second)

See, when I analyze Key's works, I see core plot "concepts" and themes that should make for extremely beautiful and moving works... but whenever those works get adapted into anime, those elements turn into a huge mess. I suspect that the this is less of a problem in the original VNs, since VNs are generally slower paced and offer more explanation.

And that's what I found incredibly impressive about AnoHana: it took a Key style story concept and executed it in an elegant, no BS fashion, and the result is just as beautiful and emotional as I'd hoped. On top of that it surrounded that core concept with some very interesting sidestories in a way that came together into a cohesive whole. Key works have some pretty good sidestories too but they sometimes feel tacked on.

Archon_Wing
2011-10-18, 02:31
Well, Okada tends to be very good with logic to her scripts-- I mean I love Key, but it seems like they get too convoluted and have trouble making sense. So by sticking the the basic elements, everyone can get it.

If anything, you can count on her to have a very self-consistent story. Though it is interesting that this is the only work of hers I've seen so far to get an emotional reaction out of.

But what does that have to do with romance though? :heh:

0utf0xZer0
2011-10-18, 03:03
Well, Okada tends to be very good with logic to her scripts-- I mean I love Key, but it seems like they get too convoluted and have trouble making sense. So by sticking the the basic elements, everyone can get it.

If anything, you can count on her to have a very self-consistent story. Though it is interesting that this is the only work of hers I've seen so far to get an emotional reaction out of.

But what does that have to do with romance though? :heh:

Heh... okay, I was more going off on a tangent about Key's works. I see seinen moe-romance as more the domain of titles like EF, True Tears, Hanbun no Tsuki and Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu. Conventional romance isn't really the core concept of AnoHana and most of Key's work. Their concept is something more along the lines of "finding beauty in the anguish of separation and joy of renunion experienced by innocent lovers (or would be lovers) as the result of supernatural events". The audience isn't looking for a conventional romance - they're looking for how much beauty you can squeeze from that concept. And AnoHana derives considerable beauty from the elegance of its execution.

(If I ever start a blog, I think I should call it "pretentious moe scholarship". I think it would suit me.)

So perhaps the measure of "proto-AnoHana" would have been would be whether it could find beauty in the passage of time between childhood friends leading to awkward teenage sexual attraction?

(Actually, I think that Okada tried to work awkward teenage sexual attraction towards a childhood friend into Hanasaku Iroha too - it is, after all, likely why Ohana dreams about Kou becoming a waitress (credit to Triple_R for that brilliant observation). The idea is massively underdeveloped in that show though.)

totoum
2011-10-18, 06:01
So perhaps the measure of "proto-AnoHana" would have been would be whether it could find beauty in the passage of time between childhood friends leading to awkward teenage sexual attraction?

I think some of the leftovers from that in AnoHana are the few situations (especially early on) in which Menma has some close physical interaction with Jintan and Jintan was confused and didn't know what to tell her because she wouldn't really understand if he said "stop,you're giving me a boner":heh:

extend
2011-11-23, 09:55
I find it interesting how the ghost plot wasn't part of the initial plan,maybe that's why they never really tried putting much logic on how exactly ghosts interacted with objects and stuff like that.Though I didn't mind

In the end, I feel that the whole idea about Menma was refreshing for me. I was wondering, what happens to the food that Menma eats, and what will happen to Menma if she gets driver over by a vehicle? I still find that mystery refreshing for me.

Dark Paladin X
2012-01-27, 01:07
Something I kinda noticed a few days ago, Funimation had released a survey (http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22EHP4URF29) and listed several possible shows in the list. In both lists in both questions, there was an option mark for Anohana. If any of you guys want to see Anohana having a U.S. release, it's a good time to fill that survey and vote for Anohana. And besides, since it's Funimation we're talking about, it will help increase the chances for an English dub for this show.

Mind you, however, that it won't be a 100% guarantee that Anohana will be released by Funimation, since surveys are often subjected to manipulation. However, it's at least better than nothing.

FireChick
2012-03-19, 18:38
I just found this out: AnoHana's gotten an Italian dub.

Lord of Fire
2012-03-26, 12:28
It's also getting a PSP game (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-03-26/anohana-tv-anime-gets-psp-game)

wandering-dreamer
2012-03-29, 23:11
And licensed (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-03-29/nis-america-licenses-anohana/the-flower-we-saw-that-day) in the US!

bhl88
2012-03-30, 02:55
And licensed (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-03-29/nis-america-licenses-anohana/the-flower-we-saw-that-day) in the US!

Without a dub, which made the dub fans scream with rage and asking NIS to die (check forums).

FireChick
2012-03-30, 06:14
I do confess I am rather sad it's not getting a dub, but I won't complain, since it got licensed and all. I WILL get those DVDs along with Natsume, even if it kills me and even if they're crazy expensive! I'll pester my parents like no tomorrow!!!!:D:D

Master_Yoma
2012-03-30, 21:31
This is great it got licensed but its a shame its not getting dubbed its just 11eps it should be easy

relentlessflame
2012-03-30, 22:15
This is great it got licensed but its a shame its not getting dubbed its just 11eps it should be easyIt's not a matter of ease, it's a matter of cost. Shows like this are popular in certain circles, but seem hard to market to the general buying public. I'm not sure if a show like this would sell enough extra copies to justify the dub. (Not to mention, I think all the anime they've released so far have been sub-only, unless I'm missing something...)

winhlp32
2012-08-05, 06:39
Movie Summer 2013!

http://www.anohana.jp/

http://i.imgur.com/S4Juo.jpg

OPN
2012-08-05, 07:15
^ Its going to be retelling of the animes story in menmas point of view.

Guardian Enzo
2012-08-05, 12:25
I might be missing something obvious, but has a NoitaminA show ever gotten a movie before?

deadite
2012-08-05, 13:16
I wonder if this will get tanslated?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPkYeNvIbrU

Kanon
2012-08-05, 13:22
I might be missing something obvious, but has a NoitaminA show ever gotten a movie before?

Toshokan sensou has.

Haak
2012-08-05, 13:25
And also Eden of the East and Un-Go.

Guardian Enzo
2012-08-05, 15:53
That UN-GO "movie" wasn't really a movie, but I did forget that EotE was a NoitaminA series. It still doesn't feel like one to me.

Kakkou
2012-08-05, 20:51
That UN-GO "movie" wasn't really a movie.
Regardless, it still had a cinema screening and as far as Japan is concerned, it's a movie just like the other anime films under an hour out there.

Also if we count live-action then Honey and Clover has also gotten one.

wandering-dreamer
2012-08-10, 18:27
Regardless, it still had a cinema screening and as far as Japan is concerned, it's a movie just like the other anime films under an hour out there.

Also if we count live-action then Honey and Clover has also gotten one.

If we count live action then ParaKiss got one and hell, Nodame got a live action tv drama didn't it?

Azomb
2012-08-11, 17:23
Movie Summer 2013!

http://www.anohana.jp/

Cant wait for this ^^ Maybe it'll show her death happen :O

Watching the final episodes was a strain on my eyes because i couldn't hold back the tears. I cant decide if i cried more in this or Clannad Afterstory. Ill re watch both as soon as i buy the dvds

Kirarakim
2012-08-11, 21:06
If we count live action then ParaKiss got one and hell, Nodame got a live action tv drama didn't it?

Nodame also had two live action films but that was a film of the live action drama so I am not sure if it counts.

blakstealth
2012-11-24, 08:29
According to the official website, Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Movie will animate a new story one year after the final episode along with the recap of the TV series. It will be premiered in the summer of 2013.

link (http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=522165)

8sMH1gUWUyU

sky black swordman
2012-11-24, 22:13
^ That's great I really want to know more about their relationships after Menma passed on to the other side.

Is Yukiatsu and Anaru in a relationship and are Jintan and Tsuruko also in one?
And Poppo ?

blakstealth
2012-11-25, 11:01
Doubt it. But who knows. :P

pudding321
2013-01-13, 20:11
don't where to post this...the novel written by the screenwriter of the anime is currently being translated as a teaser (http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Anohana:_The_Flower_We_Saw_That_Da y) in baka tsuki

taichi-kun
2013-01-17, 21:26
Thanks , I didn't know about the novel

Cold~as~Ice
2013-03-30, 06:19
pv is out for movie
http://www.blogiswar.net/2013/03/30/video-promocional-de-la-pelicula-de-anohana-en-el-anime-contents-expo/

DragoonKain3
2013-04-01, 12:56
PV is cheating I swear. They must have been able to replicate onion chopping through the screen, because I haven't cried during a PV ever. T_T

bastek66
2014-01-26, 23:06
Any confimation for scenes added in movie?

relentlessflame
2014-01-28, 04:03
Any confimation for scenes added in movie?

I don't think it's a question of "scenes added", rather it's a retelling with flashbacks/scenes from the original thrown in.

Which reminds me that we should really create the movie thread, as it has been playing in select North American theatres.

pudding321
2014-06-16, 01:16
I don't think it's a question of "scenes added", rather it's a retelling with flashbacks/scenes from the original thrown in.

Which reminds me that we should really create the movie thread, as it has been playing in select North American theatres.

some of "the scenes added" into the retelling of the story come from the novel, based on my observation.