PDA

View Full Version : AnoHana - Q & A

Kairin
2011-05-04, 04:42
This thread is for those of you with questions about the AnoHana anime or manga. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about AnoHana which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this spoiler.gif icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.

or

The macho way: By using those uber vB codes (http://forums.animesuki.com/misc.php?do=bbcode#spoiler) as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag ExampleDon't forget to use a title for the spoiler!...becomes...Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler!

DragoZERO
2011-05-27, 19:30
What's the deal with "Anaru" and "Anal??"

Guardian Enzo
2011-05-28, 00:59

Well, my assumption is that the nick is simply a shortened version of her first and last names, just like all the other Buster nicknames. As for the "Anaru/Anal" thing, Anaru just happens to be the Japanese pronunciation of "Anal" which pretty much describes her personality. I doubt the 8-year old Busters would have had that in mind, but they probably thought the whole "Anal" thing was funny in that way 8 year-old do.

icatero
2011-05-30, 18:51
A bit of a pointless question, but does Jinta's nickname come from adding an n to the end (like how Minori from ToraDora becomes Minorin), or is it taking the Jin and adding the childish pronunciation of -chan to the end?

Also, where does Poppo's nickname come from?

Malkuth
2011-05-31, 17:41

Well, my assumption is that the nick is simply a shortened version of her first and last names, just like all the other Buster nicknames.

Anjou Naruko
Meiko Honma
Matsuyuki Atsumu
Tsurumi Chiriko

I have no idea about the male members of the cast's nicknames.

As for the "Anaru/Anal" thing, Anaru just happens to be the Japanese pronunciation of "Anal" which pretty much describes her personality. I doubt the 8-year old Busters would have had that in mind, but they probably thought the whole "Anal" thing was funny in that way 8 year-old do.

I see it as more inspirational or should I say her nickname directs the fanart to a certain theme :heh:

DragoZERO
2011-05-31, 21:39
Well, my assumption is that the nick is simply a shortened version of her first and last names, just like all the other Buster nicknames. As for the "Anaru/Anal" thing, Anaru just happens to be the Japanese pronunciation of "Anal" which pretty much describes her personality. I doubt the 8-year old Busters would have had that in mind, but they probably thought the whole "Anal" thing was funny in that way 8 year-old do.Ahhh... that's a really bad nick name. :heh:

A bit of a pointless question, but does Jinta's nickname come from adding an n to the end (like how Minori from ToraDora becomes Minorin), or is it taking the Jin and adding the childish pronunciation of -chan to the end?I believe that -tan is one of those cute honorifics that kids use.

Also, where does Poppo's nickname come from?THAT is a good question.

hypergolic
2011-06-13, 21:46
Also, where does Poppo's nickname come from?

It's a wordplay.
Poppo's first name "Tetsudou" literally means "rail way". And "poppo" is a onomatopoeic word for steam train's whistle.

icatero
2011-06-14, 11:55
It's a wordplay.
Poppo's first name "Tetsudou" literally means "rail way". And "poppo" is a onomatopoeic word for steam train's whistle.
Wow, that's pretty smart. Thanks! :D

DragoZERO
2011-06-15, 21:34
That is the most clever nickname of all the characters. :heh:

Kyuu
2011-06-16, 16:35
Well, my assumption is that the nick is simply a shortened version of her first and last names, just like all the other Buster nicknames. As for the "Anaru/Anal" thing, Anaru just happens to be the Japanese pronunciation of "Anal" which pretty much describes her personality. I doubt the 8-year old Busters would have had that in mind, but they probably thought the whole "Anal" thing was funny in that way 8 year-old do.

I never made that connection. Now that I read this description... I'm not gonna look at her the same again. :D;)

kingsky123
2011-07-11, 15:05
erm on the final episode when poppo said he 'saw' wherever memna was, does it mean she saw her corpse? saw her die or wha?? i dont understand; Because if so, thats quiteee traumatic

james0246
2011-07-11, 16:24
erm on the final episode when poppo said he 'saw' wherever memna was, does it mean she saw her corpse? saw her die or wha?? i dont understand; Because if so, thats quiteee traumatic

Poppo saw the accident that killed Menma. Plagued with guilt since then over not being able to help her, he eventually gave up on school (and somewhat life) and attempted to find some meaning in his travels, but due to his guilt he would always subconsciously return to his hometown. The epilogue shows that he has finally overcome his guilt and has started to better himself by striding for various exams.

TrippedUp
2011-07-12, 11:34
...So how old was everyone when they were kids, and how big a time skip occurred?

karice67
2011-07-12, 17:50
...So how old was everyone when they were kids, and how big a time skip occurred?
According to a comment on the following scan,http://i.imgur.com/SBzSnl.jpg (http://imgur.com/SBzSn) Menma died five years ago. There's a scene in episode 2 (where Jintan asks for a game that's 5 years old) that suggests that 5 years is about right.

And in the series timeframe, I think they're first year high school - because Jintan seems to have shut himself up only since the start of that particular school year, and he shut himself up largely because he failed the entrance exams for the high school he applied for - which would have made them 15/16 now and 10/11 back then.

p.s. What's funny is that Sakurai Takahiro (Yukiatsu)'s post-anime interview suggests that he thinks the gap was 10 years, so it looks like they may not have been given an exact time frame either.

guuchan
2011-07-13, 02:30
p.s. What's funny is that Sakurai Takahiro (Yukiatsu)'s post-anime interview suggests that he thinks the gap was 10 years, so it looks like they may not have been given an exact time frame either.

Thank you for the info, it really makes me feel better that I wasn't being retarded. Seriously. Because I said something similar before:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=3631618#post3631618

I'm pretty sure it was implied somewhere in the earlier episodes, most probably something Jinta said, that the incident happened quite many years ago, being around 10 years. Of course the ED song title could be misleading too even though it's a "coincidence", but I got the idea from the show itself.

Aurine
2011-08-08, 23:36
Hmmm... soo what actually happened to Menma after episode 11?
Will she get reincarnated as a human again and marry Jintan or such...? What would happen to Jintan?

fazer
2011-08-10, 00:51
she get reincarnated and marries me! seriously though, I wan to see some OVA or at least more fan fiction!

Aurine
2011-08-10, 04:19
she get reincarnated and marries me! seriously though, I wan to see some OVA or at least more fan fiction!

:frustrated: Slap slap slap slap... and more slaps..
But yes, a season two (They could just alter the story that Jintan tried to go an a suicide after months separated from Menma for second time, and suddenly stopped by Menma, which creates another mystery and so on).. OVA is ok too..

For fanfiction, sometimes I like less fanfcition, some of them are good but most of them are too extreme for me. I prefer official release :heh:

fazer
2011-08-14, 22:41
But yes, a season two (They could just alter the story that Jintan tried to go an a suicide after months separated from Menma for second time, and suddenly stopped by Menma, which creates another mystery and so on).. OVA is ok too..

That will mean the appearance of Menma in season one only screw up Jintan even more, which I feel is still too similar to S1 and too sad :upset:

I would prefer an OVA, fast forward to the future where everyone gets on with their life, Jinta & Anjo gets together and give birth to a baby girl and name her Menma, the whole gang gets together again, and everyone can love menma again! boring? yes but that's the way i like it...

Aurine
2011-08-15, 04:17
That will mean the appearance of Menma in season one only screw up Jintan even more, which I feel is still too similar to S1 and too sad :upset:

I would prefer an OVA, fast forward to the future where everyone gets on with their life, Jinta & Anjo gets together and give birth to a baby girl and name her Menma, the whole gang gets together again, and everyone can love menma again! boring? yes but that's the way i like it...

Yeah, but that's the point. "Showing that two person loves are deep that can't be separated," but it will make it more sad in first and calm happiness in last I guess? I prefer that way.. though

The idea of having OVA Jinta & Anjo isn't that bad.. I'm not much take a liking to Anjo though.

I don't want Jinta wait until Menma got reincarnated and then marry her that way, cause it could make him a PEDO !! :heh: (Age gap)

Kudryavka
2013-01-20, 01:49
In need some thoughts on how good this was wihtout spoilers. Please give me?

VooDooZulu
2013-11-02, 06:35
I realize you aren't supposed to ask when subs will come out. But how long do movies normally take to sub? Just wondering.

Haak
2013-11-03, 18:07
Usually a few days to a week or so after the BD/DVD release.

kamo
2014-01-17, 22:55
I guess this subforum is dead, but for the movie, does anyone know when times will be announced for Canada? On Aniplex's site it only lists dates, and the theatre website doesn't seem to be able to search after this month?
I want to watch this but not sure which day is better ;-;

Leo_Otaku
2014-01-21, 22:23
I guess this subforum is dead, but for the movie, does anyone know when times will be announced for Canada? On Aniplex's site it only lists dates, and the theatre website doesn't seem to be able to search after this month?
I want to watch this but not sure which day is better ;-; Doesn't seem like they all have times. Which province?

kamo
2014-01-22, 17:00
Doesn't seem like they all have times. Which province?

I'm in BC, hopefully they will announce times soon :heh:

edit: it seems like they updated~