PDA

View Full Version : AnoHana - Music discussion (OP/ED & OST, etc.)

NoSanninWa
2011-05-04, 04:53
Feel free to discuss any music related subjects for AnoHana here (OP/ED & OST, etc.). As the usual rule, NO POSTING LINKS TO MP3s OR ASKING FOR THEM. You may buy them at the usual place such as cdjapan (http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/) and what not, but DO NOT ask for or post links to any music downloads. This includes, but isn't limited to:
any RAR, ZIP, 7-ZIP archive
Torrents
The names of other BT sites that list music torrents
Direct downloads

coderlan
2011-05-04, 09:09
OP and ED is so wonderful and fitting for this anime.

I'm anticipating for the full version, anyway when's it out?

Westlo
2011-05-04, 09:10
The ED single was released last week, sold 9k for the opening week iirc.

Pellissier
2011-05-04, 10:24
OP Single is due for June 15. (it's not a typo, it's actually more than a month away..)

Personally I'm loving both OP and ED. The visual OP/ED sequences in the anime are also fantastic and they match the musics a lot.

FireChick
2011-05-05, 14:33
I agree with you! I love both the OP (WHY MUST YOU BE RELEASED IN JUNE!? IT'S TOO FAR AWAY!!!) and the ED! They both fit the show perfectly and I love the singers too!:D The BGMs themselves are also very good!

james0246
2011-05-05, 15:51
The OP and ED are very well done. I do not know the artists, but when I play the series through all speakers, the OP and ED sound absolutely fantastic. Good guitar work and very nice vocals. Additionally, the visuals, especially for the OP, are quite good, and very relevant to the story and well coordinated with the music.

Soconfused
2011-05-06, 14:18
The Op is really starting the grow on me, both the song and animation. June 15? really?

charizardpal
2011-05-13, 19:06
I understand the ending is sung by the girl characters, but who sings the opening? They should have made it be Jinta Poppo and Yukiatsu to match.

Also is there a reason they recycled two 10 year old songs for the OP & ED of this anime?

Shadow5YA
2011-05-13, 19:16
I like the lead-in to the ED. I haven't seen an anime do that since Toradora.

Dobby
2011-05-13, 19:38
The lead in to the EDs in the previous episodes continue to impress me. It's so subtle and it works wonders each time.

I really really cannot wait for the OP to come out in full. Here's to hoping iTunes Japan will have it ready in time/early (Like they did with Kimi ni Todoke 2).

Khu
2011-05-13, 20:03
Also is there a reason they recycled two 10 year old songs for the OP & ED of this anime?

The OP is 10 years old? O_O

Who was the artist then? o_O

WordShaker
2011-05-14, 07:25
A rock band called Galileo Galilei. Here be a link to a sample of Aoi Shiori: http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/?70005467_SECL-975&70005467_SECL-975_01SFL

Shadow5YA
2011-05-14, 12:02
Aoi Shiori seems to be taken directly from Galileo Galilei. At least Secret Base was remade from Zone's song.

Flower
2011-05-14, 13:36
Have found myself really growing to like the end song of this series.... :)

woodearth
2011-05-14, 14:41
All clues point to the fact that the OP is an original song created for the show. The credits list Galileo Galilei as the artist and the fact a rock band is involved is no different than any other anime. A search of amazon.co.jp (http://www.amazon.co.jp/Galileo-Galilei/e/B002E48JCG/ref=s9_simh_gw_p15_d0_al1?pf_rd_m=AN1VRQENFRJN5&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0J6K5QA8VKTBPF9PTDZE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463376756&pf_rd_i=489986) shows 2009 as the oldest album for the group and as far as I can tell the OP is not on that album. So the song is certainly not 10 years old. The sample linked has the same cover art as the CD to be released June 15.

Unless the real Galileo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_Galilei) knew Japanese and composed a song, the OP is not an oldie but a newbie.

nekolexis
2011-05-20, 06:10
A cover of Aoi Shiori:
http://youtu.be/wvwEIE5G6is

^^

ID555
2011-05-20, 12:18
Really like the ED. Hayami Saori is a given, but the other two sound really good as well.

Sebasu
2011-06-01, 08:33
Did everyone already saw the PV for Aoi Shiori? I love how it's shot in the bridge similar to the ones in the actual OP.

The full/longer(?) version of the song is pretty nice too. I'm surprised that the female vocals play a bigger role in the second stanza. At first on the tv-size I thought it's just for background. Reminds me of a mellower Base Ball Bear. I really loved it, can't wait for the single release.

FireChick
2011-06-02, 18:26
Where's this PV? I must see!

Sebasu
2011-06-03, 05:04
Where's this PV? I must see!

http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/play/?ir21&in_IR217-04

If it doesn't work, go to the band's official site (http://www.galileogalilei.jp/) and click the bottom left ad that says "Music Video".

Kakkou
2011-06-03, 20:33
You'll have to go to the video through the band's official page or else it won't play.

I love this song. Can't wait for the full version.

ZGMF-X10A
2011-06-04, 22:01
i really like the ED. It's really beautiful. the more I listen to it the more I like it :)

Proto
2011-06-05, 17:47
I'm really impressed with Galileo Galilei's work. Hadn't heard something from them since Ookiku Furikabutte S2 Opening

Sebasu
2011-06-06, 21:05
I love love love the full version, just listened to it today. The PV I posted last page only had half of the song (stupid tokyohive said it's the official PV :heh:).

Rei.K
2011-06-14, 09:14
Secret Base is definitely a cover song.
I think it had also been used as the first ED of Kyou No 5 no 2.
It seems the original songwas performed by ZONE back in 2001.

Oh well, I still enjoy AnoHi's take on it, though.
Having the lead female characters sing it is very touching. Especially since they're actually quite good at doing it.
I won't get bored of this song for a while, that's for sure.

ThereminVox
2011-06-17, 21:57
After what feels like an absurd wait, the OP single has been released.

A significant portion of the song is actually a duet with a female vocalist.

appoggiatura
2011-06-17, 23:31
I wished they had released an off-vocal version of the single as well. Anyway, love the full version regardless.

Lyrics of Aoi Shiori courtesy of Gendou (http://gendou.com/amusic/lyrics.php?id=10695&sho)

nan PEEJI mo tsuiyashite tsuzurareta bokura no kibun
doushite ka ichigyou no kuuhaku o umerarenai

oshibana no shiori hasande kimi to korogasu tsukaisute no jitensha
wasurekake no renga o tsumiagete wa kuzushita

IKOORU e to hikizurarete iku kowai kurai ni aoi sora o
asobi tsukareta bokura wa kitto omoidasu koto mo nai

sou yatte ima wa boku no hou e oshitsukeru hizashi no taba
mada futari wa sugu soko ni iru no ni dou ka mata aemasu you ni nante
dou ka shiteru mitai

ichi PEEJI mekuru tenohira kuchibiru de musu n da MISANGA
nee kyou mo kawaranai kyou de ame fureba denwa mo dekiru yo
sou yatte ima wa kimi no hou e itsu no ma ni ka kireta MISANGA
oshitsukeru boku no yasashisa o demo naze ka ienai mama da yo
hontou dou ka shiteru mitai

dore ka hitotsu o erabeba oto o tatete kowareru
sore ga ai da nante odokete kimi wa waratteta

ma ni atte yokatta machi wa shiranai furi o kimete nemutta
wasurekake no renga o tsumiageta basho ni yukou

umi o miwatasu saka o kakenobotte kowai kurai ni aoi sora to
migite ni SAIDAA hidarite wa zutto kimi o sagashite iru

sou yatte fusaida ryou no te de dakishimete iru haru no kaze
mada jikan wa bokura no mono de itsuka wasurete shimau kyou da ne nante
iwanai de hoshii yo

sou yatte ima wa boku no hou e toitsumeru koto mo nakute
mada futari wa sugu soko ni iru darou sou da kuuhaku o umeru kotoba wa
iya mada iwanai de okou

ichi PEEJI mekuru tenohira kuchibiru de hodoita MISANGA
shihatsu densha mabara na shiawase nee kyou mo kawaranai kyou da
hontou dou ka shiteru mitai

Our feelings have been written down over countless pages,
But for some reason, I just can’t fill in this one line of blank space.

I put in a pressed flower as a bookmark and roll along with you on the bike we found thrown away.
We piled up the bricks we’ve forgotten and then tore them back down.

We’re being pulled to the same level, to be equals. All tired out from having fun
I’m sure that we won’t remember the frighteningly blue sky.

In that way, a bundle of sunlight now pushes in my direction.
The two of you are still right there, but I find myself praying that we can meet again.
There must be something wrong with me.

My hand that turns to the next page, and the misanga I fastened with my lips…
Hey, today is today, and that won’t change; if it rains, we can still talk on the phone.
In that way, I now push (Before I knew it, the misanga came off,)
My kindness in your direction. (But for some reason, I can’t say it.)
There really must be something wrong with me.

If you choose any one, it will break with a sound -
That is what love is, I joked, and you laughed.

Good thing, I made it on time. Deciding to pretend not to know, the city went to sleep.
Let’s go to the place where we piled the bricks we’ve forgotten.

Running up the hill that looks out over the sea, under the frighteningly blue sky,
My right hand holds a soda, and my left hand is always searching for you.

In that way, with my two occupied arms, I embrace the spring wind.
Time is still ours to spend, so I’d love it if you wouldn’t say
That we’ll forget this day someday.

In that way, the present comes toward me without asking me any questions.
I suppose the two of you are still right there. “Oh, right, the words to fill in the blank are-”
No, I won’t say it just yet.

My hand that turns to the next page, and the misanga I untied with my lips…
The first train of the day, and a sparse bit of happiness… Hey, today is today, and that won’t change.

There really must be something wrong with me.

TrippedUp
2011-06-18, 12:16
Now if only there was a full version of the ED sung by the voice actresses... :D

Luna Amatista
2011-06-18, 13:06
Um... but there is, the full version of the ending IS the voice actresses singing the "10 years after" arrangement of ZONE's "Secret Base". :heh: (Which is a song from... 10 years ago)

Anyway.
I absolutely love the songs in the OP single!
It was pleasantly surprising to hear the full opening. :)

blakstealth
2011-06-18, 13:23
Now if only there was a full version of the ED sung by the voice actresses... :DJokes on you. :P

basicforesight
2011-06-19, 16:11
http://youtu.be/YyzPjnFIJ-M
I am loving this ed and op

TrippedUp
2011-06-20, 10:54
Um... but there is, the full version of the ending IS the voice actresses singing the "10 years after" arrangement of ZONE's "Secret Base". :heh: (Which is a song from... 10 years ago)

Anyway.
I absolutely love the songs in the OP single!
It was pleasantly surprising to hear the full opening. :)

No, I meant that I wish there was a full version of this songs that is SUNG by the voice actresses. I know this is a cover song, which means there's a full version online by the original band. But I meant the full version of the cover. If there's already one of those, then please link lol It'd be much appreciated.

@basicforesight: Ah! you found that too! It's been playing non stop on my iPod :D It's so soothing...

Luna Amatista
2011-06-20, 13:40
No, I meant that I wish there was a full version of this songs that is SUNG by the voice actresses. I know this is a cover song, which means there's a full version online by the original band. But I meant the full version of the cover. If there's already one of those, then please link lol It'd be much appreciated.

:heh::heh::heh::heh:
The ending single, which came out shortly after the series started airing, has the full version of the ending, which is a cover of the full version of ZONE's "Secret Base" sung by the voice actresses.

Linking to such material is not allowed as per the forum's guidelines.

I'm sorry if you're not getting my point; English is not my first language.

TrippedUp
2011-06-21, 07:09
:heh::heh::heh::heh:
The ending single, which came out shortly after the series started airing, has the full version of the ending, which is a cover of the full version of ZONE's "Secret Base" sung by the voice actresses.

Linking to such material is not allowed as per the forum's guidelines.

I'm sorry if you're not getting my point; English is not my first language.

OH!! Ok, sorry I'm a bit slow:heh:

deadite
2011-06-24, 02:32
Any news on the OST?? I really love the music.

guuchan
2011-06-24, 12:16
Any news on the OST?? I really love the music.

OST 1 will come with first volume of BD (6/29) and OST 2 will come with second volume of BD (7/27).

Unji
2011-06-24, 12:27
=o does anyone know where I can find the insert song I left you from the final episode?
Or will it come out with the OST? ^^'

Guardian Enzo
2011-06-24, 17:17
If anyone is feeling unemotional after the finale, here's a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2tWtTA4vjM) of ZONE, the original artists behind "Secret Base", performing it as the last encore of their farewell concert in 2005.

guuchan
2011-06-25, 01:11
=o does anyone know where I can find the insert song I left you from the final episode?
Or will it come out with the OST? ^^'

Yes, it will be in OST 1.

TrippedUp
2011-06-26, 08:55
There's gonna be an OST? Oh sweet. :D

guuchan
2011-06-26, 10:49
There's gonna be an OST? Oh sweet. :D

Well, the title of the OSTs is "REMEDIOS Original Soundtrack Vol.1/2", so strictly speaking the OSTs are collections of songs written by REMEDIOS that are used in Anohana.

TrippedUp
2011-06-26, 20:25
Well, the title of the OSTs is "REMEDIOS Original Soundtrack Vol.1/2", so strictly speaking the OSTs are collections of songs written by REMEDIOS that are used in Anohana.

Still incredibly epic :)

achirist
2011-07-06, 21:42
I really wish that the OP/ED singles included the TV length versions; having to hear 20 extra verses on both songs really ruins the effect for me.

wandering-dreamer
2011-07-06, 22:14
Don't the soundtracks for a series usually include the tv length songs? You're not the only person who likes the tv version more than the full versions (for any series) so I'm sure it's released somewhere.

amasposu
2011-07-24, 11:45
Oh my god. I am rewatching Kyou no Go no Ni (2008) and I just realized that they have the "Secret Base" as the ED. This is definitely one of my favorite songs of all times. <:

TrippedUp
2011-08-02, 20:28
Galileo Galilei released their album :D It's really good!

Aurine
2011-08-09, 00:17
Secret Base is probably the best ED song.. it really suits the theme of this anime...
The OP is good either.. I wonder if I missed any other OST

woodearth
2011-09-12, 21:32
Speaking of Secret Base, what do you think of 約束(Promise) ~August.10years later~? It is the sequel song to Secret Base that came out this year, in August I believe. Not quite as memorable a tune as Secret Base. Also it looks the 2 friends have not met up yet. Given the timing of the release it does seem that Ano Hana had some influence on the song, most prominently with the reference to fireworks.

MagicaLideaL
2011-09-27, 05:40
Omg.. I can hardly believe what i listened to. The ED by Ai Kayano is so amazing. Although i have yet to watch the anime but i happen to find this song to be the top 10 and I am so glad that I downloaded it. Words can't explain the awesome-ness of this piece of music.

fazer
2011-09-27, 09:53
you haven't watch the anime!? What are you waiting for!

MagicaLideaL
2011-09-27, 12:40
Yeap i think will watch it when I have free time. heh

Hiroi Sekai
2012-01-13, 21:49
The opening was nice, but that ending song with the accompanying credits is just stunning. The contrast between the girls as adorable children and their mature adult counterparts is so simply portrayed that it's genius.