PDA

View Full Version : AnoHana - Character Discussion - Anaru (Anjou Naruko)

Pellissier
2011-05-04, 05:06
The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Anaru (Anjou Naruko) related.

http://forums.animesuki.com/picture.php?albumid=3278&pictureid=39170

To keep the discussion enjoyable for all AnoHana fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!

Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=110) for that stuff.

Thread Guidelines
No campaigning!
No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

Be polite to your fellow forum members.
Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

Discuss, don't chat.
Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?faq=animesuki_faq#faq_as_irc).

Have fun, but post intelligently.
It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

Use Spoiler tags!
Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

Adding a Spoiler tag:

spoiler.gif
Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:

report.gif
Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

User68604
2011-05-04, 07:53
one of the more complex chars, i love her - cannot wait to see how she develops through the series

Westlo
2011-05-04, 10:29
Naruko from the episode 4 preview

http://www.anohana.jp/story/04.html

Ponytail ftmfw

Pony, Pony, Pony, Pony!

Zeroryoko1974
2011-05-04, 13:56
She seems to be getting a lot of love from H artists. I see new pics of her often, lot more then any other recent character

Tu101uk
2011-05-04, 15:55
She seems to be getting a lot of love from H artists. I see new pics of her often, lot more then any other recent character
Because, deep down, beneath the makeup and attitude, she's a PNokemon-playing bro, any nerdy guy's dream... ;3

Plus she looks awesomely cute in the many hairstyles we've seen so far (and will see, I'm sure, we've got a new one next week)...

O-O~

Zeroryoko1974
2011-05-04, 16:12
I like the pigtails personally :heh:

frubam
2011-05-04, 17:11
I like the pigtails personally :heh:

Indeed. The hairthingys she uses to make those ponytails makes her look a lot better than how it would look using ribbons.

Guardian Enzo
2011-05-04, 17:13
I normally enjoy twintails, but I thought she looked superb with her hair down.

.x.crii.x.
2011-05-04, 22:15
I'm suffering here! Why do I seem to be the only one unable to view the images?! Last week the same thing happened! D:

I'm able to view past ep summary pics, but not the ones that are to air. :<

Anyway, I love love Anaru. Otaku women are always a great asset to any story. Her superb cuteness only adds to her already awesome chara. xD

rasudoken
2011-05-05, 23:25
Just noticed

Anaru -> Anal

.x.crii.x.
2011-05-05, 23:37
......xD;;

Even I would be extremely upset with such a nickname. But hey, its an endearing name for her, given to her by her childhood friends. xD

BTW, Anaru looks fab with her hair down. :P

darkmanure
2011-05-06, 00:05
She'll look good in any fashion.

FlareKnight
2011-05-06, 00:51
A really likable girl so far. Able to admit her own weakness (being pretty easily influenced) and yet trying to find her own path in it all. Complicated feelings when it comes to Menma and her strong feelings towards Jintan.

Honestly hope she can dump those new friends sooner or later and get a bit of luck when it comes to Jintan.
I normally enjoy twintails, but I thought she looked superb with her hair down.I have to agree with you here. Twintails are great, but she really does have a great look with her hair down. The positive is that we'll probably get plenty of views of both during the series.

-Sho-
2011-05-06, 02:21
With her twintails , she looks like Saya (HOTD) ^^

ahelo
2011-05-06, 09:16
Her nickname says it all

Soconfused
2011-05-06, 14:17
Anaru wears some crazy hot clothing. At least she has good fashion sense.

Malkuth
2011-05-06, 23:02
My favourite character, appearance-wise meganekko, twin-tails; and personality-wise easily influenced, makes you want to protect her; plus she has one of the most ridiculous nick-names :heh:

.x.crii.x.
2011-05-14, 19:11
Pfft, I bet many otakus worship her now that they know she's a virgin. xD;;

Malkuth
2011-05-14, 20:47
^^While others were disappointed that she is turning into that anime girl #324

Nonetheless, her reactions might not be original or interesting, but still hilarious to watch. In any case, I'd rather they went on with a heavier atmosphere, and had her being a reluctant slut or hooker :heh:

taichi-kun
2011-05-14, 21:46
In real life, anaru couldn't be a virgin, not with this 2 friends ...

Knightrunner
2011-05-15, 00:34
^^While others were disappointed that she is turning into that anime girl #324

Nonetheless, her reactions might not be original or interesting, but still hilarious to watch. In any case, I'd rather they went on with a heavier atmosphere, and had her being a reluctant slut or hooker :heh:

How can she be a hooker when she is a fellow Otaku at heart :heh:

satomianzaki
2011-05-15, 00:48
i really like the personality of this girl...she acts tough but really is weak...

and her one-sided love with jintan (not yet sure if its really unrequited), is an issue that is kinda hard to handle...to think that it started since childhood...

seeing the last episode, i think its better if she's with yukiatsu...but i guess she can't really stop loving jintan...oh well...

pseudonhym
2011-05-15, 00:58
personally... I found the young anaru as a dull looking character (in terms of design). But her uh.. 5 years after look is gorgeous. she's the prettiest among the 3. I could say she's one tsundere type character i really like... she is tsundere... right?

Malkuth
2011-05-15, 00:58
How can she be a hooker when she is a fellow Otaku at heart :heh:

Because compensated dating is socially more acceptable than anime/game otaku, plus it will get her the cash to indulge her hobby in secret :heh:

Anyway, it is a NoitaminA show, so to begin with the chances that it would have any of the above was abysmal to begin with. But it would be cool if they went along with it, not only because it would create a riot in 2chan, but also because it would make a pretty dramatic story.

ThereminVox
2011-05-15, 08:06
Oh, Anaru...

I think it's time for me to just accept that I like my anime girls pretty, witty, and profoundly broken. Although in this case she's actually far from the most messed up of the crew.

I really appreciate the effort put into giving the characters different hairstyles and clothing to suit what they're doing. Naruko is the best example so far. In particular, seeing her show up at the reunion wearing her hair and clothing like Menma, presumably in hopes of catching Jinta's eye, says so much without a single line of dialogue. Cringe-worthy and kind of heartbreaking.

.x.crii.x.
2011-05-15, 08:31
I had never even though of her being or not being a virgin. I still don't get why otakus make such a big deal out of it. xD

Pocari_Sweat
2011-05-16, 03:03
I had never even though of her being or not being a virgin. I still don't get why otakus make such a big deal out of it. xD

Because a virgin is considered "innocent" and otakus are obsessed with "innonence". Then a bunch of doujin artists proceed to make hentai out of said characters and then otakus buy them. :heh:

In summary, I don't get it either :heh:

Irenicus
2011-05-16, 04:10
I don't think people actually cared or thought about it until the show raised the point, and then we were like "get your filthy hands off our Anaru!"

She's a bro, see. You don't like it when random males try to get their hands on your bro. Her true self is a cutie pie who likes Nokemon and hanging out with the guys, not an "experienced" high school girl. She's our preciousssss.

Plus making her a non-virgin would just put in angst that has little to do with the story's premise. People will be like, "wtf what about Jinta!?" You want harsh realities of a young lady's romance and sex life you go read josei (and some crueler shoujo) manga, AnoHana is for the innocent and the idealistic.

Pocari_Sweat
2011-05-16, 04:35
Plus making her a non-virgin would just put in angst that has little to do with the story's premise. People will be like, "wtf what about Jinta!?" You want harsh realities of a young lady's romance and sex life you go read josei (and some crueler shoujo) manga, AnoHana is for the innocent and the idealistic.

And that kind of attitude is what ticks me off. Some otakus never change :heh:.

Irenicus
2011-05-16, 08:54
And that kind of attitude is what ticks me off. Some otakus never change :heh:.
There are times when the sexist undertones of the comments are creepy (Kannagi et al) and there are times when a simple story shouldn't be complicated with stupid angst.

Thing is, Anjou is an innocent, naive girl who's in love with a shut-in childhood friend since forever. She doesn't know her way around said shut-in, much less that scary world of teenage romance and an even scarier world of horny unscrupulous older males. Making her explicitly non-virgin raise all sorts of questions about her being taken advantage of, as opposed to someone moving on, finding love and acting on it and becoming an adult.

If someone complain about potentially non-virgin female characters in, say, Kuragehime, screw 'em. Ano Hana however is about a bunch of young people who couldn't grow up in their own way, weighted down by a childhood tragedy. They're still children in so many ways.

Ergo, good job Yukiatsu. :heh:

Malkuth
2011-05-16, 11:50
Because a virgin is considered "innocent" and otakus are obsessed with "innonence". Then a bunch of doujin artists proceed to make hentai out of said characters and then otakus buy them. :heh:

In summary, I don't get it either :heh:

But doujinshi actually make crappy drama stories about boring virgins and their even more annoying love interests interesting... Maeda Jun / Key / KyoAni anyone... :uhoh:

Guardian Enzo
2011-05-16, 14:18
There are times when the sexist undertones of the comments are creepy (Kannagi et al) and there are times when a simple story shouldn't be complicated with stupid angst.

Thing is, Anjou is an innocent, naive girl who's in love with a shut-in childhood friend since forever. She doesn't know her way around said shut-in, much less that scary world of teenage romance and an even scarier world of horny unscrupulous older males. Making her explicitly non-virgin raise all sorts of questions about her being taken advantage of, as opposed to someone moving on, finding love and acting on it and becoming an adult.

If someone complain about potentially non-virgin female characters in, say, Kuragehime, screw 'em. Ano Hana however is about a bunch of young people who couldn't grow up in their own way, weighted down by a childhood tragedy. They're still children in so many ways.

In almost all ways, I would say. Nice post.

I really don't see any parallel with Kannagi here at all, and I don't see why anyone should have to defend themselves for not wanting Anaru to be taken advantage of by some sleazebag in his 20's. She's a naive, inexperienced little girl in a lot of pain. You don't have to be some obsessive fanboy to feel empathy with her and want to see her protected.

blewin
2011-05-17, 06:49
looking forward to seeing Anaru show her true self - as in the otaku in her. And being more honest wiht herself, such as confessing to Jinta.

User68604
2011-05-17, 06:54
didnt anaru allude to the fact that shes in love with the "jinta who is in love with menma?"

im thinking that when/if jinta moves on from menma, that anaru will also move on. typical girl wants what girl cant get

darkmanure
2011-05-17, 07:15
We don't know if she liked him before Menma or not though.

blewin
2011-05-18, 03:49
didnt anaru allude to the fact that shes in love with the "jinta who is in love with menma?"

im thinking that when/if jinta moves on from menma, that anaru will also move on. typical girl wants what girl cant get

moving on can mean several things. But then Jinta needs to really "move on" first since Menma is dead.

.x.crii.x.
2011-05-21, 13:09
Anybody know how old they all were when Memma actually died? I'm thinking about maybe 6-8?

So then wouldn't that mean Anaru has been pinning over Jintan for about 7-9 years? I'd say thatīs gotta be more than a crush. Its just that she hasnīt realized it yet.

Shadow5YA
2011-05-21, 18:40
It's more than a crush, but it's not exactly love yet either.

She's still more distant from him than she was in the past. They're not even back on a first/nickname basis yet.

Pellissier
2011-05-23, 00:32
The recent posts about Anaru's incident in ep.5 were deleted. The discussion was only marginally about her (thus mostly off topic) and the tone of such discussion wasn't going anywhere good. To the interested people, feel free to bring it to PMs.

Zeroryoko1974
2011-06-03, 07:26
We don't know if she liked him before Menma or not though.

Ep 8 Anaru admits she had a bit of a crush on Jintan. She was a bit happy (relieved?) when Jintan said he didn't love Menma, but when he chased after her she knew he was lying.

blewin
2011-06-03, 08:56
that scene was kind of funny. Anaru ended up hurting herself more.. but at least her feeling's heard. I don't find her such a bad girl. It's normal to feel happy when someone you love says he doesn't like the other person. What makes Anaru great is she feels guilt and berates herself over it. Go Anaru!

User68604
2011-06-03, 11:54
prolly the only reason i still watch the show

im hoping anaru moves on from jintan

katsudon
2011-06-05, 22:51
compensated dating, very popular in japan. it should be done in the states... i mean we already shove food into their trote(sic)/ and buy clothing.... oh wait.. our 'compensated dating' in the states are worse off for the guys.

ah i'm off the topic. i think the best ending that they will use is when everyone become close again and had their person issues resovled. where jintan will move on and form a relationship with anaru, while the two nerdy couple ...whatever their names are will get together. poppo will take menma's spirit with him to travel the world

mellomarie
2011-06-10, 14:55
i love this girl. she's so realistic--i especially like how honest she is about her flaws and mistakes.

i wish she got over jintan and got with yukiatsu. they've got awesome chemistry and i enjoy their banter.

Shadow5YA
2011-06-10, 22:18
compensated dating, very popular in japan. it should be done in the states... i mean we already shove food into their trote(sic)/ and buy clothing.... oh wait.. our 'compensated dating' in the states are worse off for the guys.

ah i'm off the topic. i think the best ending that they will use is when everyone become close again and had their person issues resovled. where jintan will move on and form a relationship with anaru, while the two nerdy couple ...whatever their names are will get together. poppo will take menma's spirit with him to travel the world

Compensated dating usually doesn't turn out so well in American entertainment.

FlareKnight
2011-06-11, 01:07
i love this girl. she's so realistic--i especially like how honest she is about her flaws and mistakes.

i wish she got over jintan and got with yukiatsu. they've got awesome chemistry and i enjoy their banter.I really don't. Just don't trust Yukiatsu's motives and think he needs someone that can keep a handle on him. Don't think anything good would come from that pairing.

Still really do like her character and hope things work out as best as they can. Hard to say how good that can be with how tough things can be for all the characters in this series. Will just have to see I guess.

fazer
2011-06-11, 06:24
I really don't. Just don't trust Yukiatsu's motives and think he needs someone that can keep a handle on him. Don't think anything good would come from that pairing.

Still really do like her character and hope things work out as best as they can. Hard to say how good that can be with how tough things can be for all the characters in this series. Will just have to see I guess.

I agree Yukiatsu is too manipulative. He simply can't be trusted, and Anjo definitely can't handle him.

mellomarie
2011-06-11, 07:00
interesting..i don't see yukiatsu as manipulative or being untrustworthy at all. he seems like he just wants to move on from menma (especially now that she's "there" and jintan is the only one who can see her) and is extremely insecure when it comes to jintan.

i mean he's been pretty good with anaru too & frankly he's been pretty honest about his motives--he wants to date her but he still hung up on menma. anaru is still hung up on jintan. they both want to move on....what's the problem?

fazer
2011-06-11, 09:38
interesting..i don't see yukiatsu as manipulative or being untrustworthy at all. he seems like he just wants to move on from menma (especially now that she's "there" and jintan is the only one who can see her) and is extremely insecure when it comes to jintan.

i mean he's been pretty good with anaru too & frankly he's been pretty honest about his motives--he wants to date her but he still hung up on menma. anaru is still hung up on jintan. they both want to move on....what's the problem?

You might be right, and I hope he is serious about dating Anjo.
Its just that seeing his reaction so far and given how he have used Tsuruko for his own agenda before, doesn't make me trust him lol.

But I guess mostly its because I really hope to see Jinta move on from Menma and give Anjo the attention she really deserves. I just love their pairing, they share similar interests and are genuinely honest folks. Not saying Yukiatsu and Tsuruko are dishonest though lol.

FlareKnight
2011-06-11, 13:07

i mean he's been pretty good with anaru too & frankly he's been pretty honest about his motives--he wants to date her but he still hung up on menma. anaru is still hung up on jintan. they both want to move on....what's the problem?The problem is that saying he's been honest with his motives requires a level of trust that doesn't exist with Yukiatsu. The majority of his behavior in the series has made building up that required level of trust difficult. His actions can be read as pure or manipulative depending on how you feel about his character.

But really even though this is about pursuing a relationship with Anaru this is more stuff for the Yukiatsu thread since it's about analyzing him and his motivations.

I think it'd be best for now for Anaru to avoid getting into random relationships in the hopes that it'll solve her problems. Have to hang in there while this ghost Menma situation works itself out and try to settle things. The moment at her part time job was something, but it's not enough. She has to come out with her true and current feelings.

mellomarie
2011-06-11, 13:25
@fazer:

i feel like the lack of attention is pretty much the downfall of jintan/anjo, as you've mentioned lol. and anaru definitely needs/wants attention and reassurance that she's good enough.

The problem is that saying he's been honest with his motives requires a level of trust that doesn't exist with Yukiatsu. The majority of his behavior in the series has made building up that required level of trust difficult. His actions can be read as pure or manipulative depending on how you feel about his character.

i suppose but how has he been untrustworthy exactly? except with the cosplaying thing but that seems to go without saying lol.

apart from my obvious positive view of his character, he's been totally genuine with anjo in their conversations, especially about himself.

But really even though this is about pursuing a relationship with Anaru this is more stuff for the Yukiatsu thread since it's about analyzing him and his motivations.

true--it wasn't my intention to derail the thread.

I think it'd be best for now for Anaru to avoid getting into random relationships in the hopes that it'll solve her problems. Have to hang in there while this ghost Menma situation works itself out and try to settle things. The moment at her part time job was something, but it's not enough. She has to come out with her true and current feelings.

personally don't think this is a random relationship--i think it would be positive for her--she'd be moving on from a guy who really doesn't spare her a romantic thought.

as for coming out with her true feelings i feel like she's been very truthful, she even mentioned something really ugly she felt as well. i just feel like for her character it's better for her to move on from jintan and i feel even more strongly about that with the lack of reaction from jintan.

there's an underlying feeling of not thinking she's good enough when it comes to jintan and SHE IS.

Anh_Minh
2011-06-11, 14:21
The problem is that saying he's been honest with his motives requires a level of trust that doesn't exist with Yukiatsu. The majority of his behavior in the series has made building up that required level of trust difficult. His actions can be read as pure or manipulative depending on how you feel about his character.

Well, even if he's 100% honest, I have to question whether "we're both losers" is a good basis for a relationship. Has he ever even pretended to be attracted to her? And it's the same for her.

i suppose but how has he been untrustworthy exactly? except with the cosplaying thing but that seems to go without saying lol.

That's pretty bad all by itself, though... Especially when you take into account all the groundwork he's done to destroy Jinta's credibility with that stunt.

katsudon
2011-06-11, 16:23
you do have to give him credit for saving her ass in front of the love hotel. so he isn't that big of a dumbass.....

User68604
2011-06-11, 17:27
Yeah, i dont see a legitimate romance between Anaru and Yukiatsu. They would simply be using each other in the relationship to try to move on from their true real loves. It's "rebounding" to put it simply

One does not move on from someone they've loved for years and years that easily. Especially considering the fact that Yukiatsu cross dressed as her

Anh_Minh
2011-06-11, 17:42
Well, maybe Anaru could crossdress as Jintan and they could roleplay?

ZODDGUTS
2011-06-12, 06:09
She really needs to move on. She already confess only for nothing to happen. Jinta is just to hung up on menma. Whomever he dates he'll compare that girl to Menma, Anjou would know that. Anyways Jinta had he's chance but did nothing. Time for Anjou to stop being stuck in the past (childhood crush) and move on.

mellomarie
2011-06-12, 08:35
Yeah, i dont see a legitimate romance between Anaru and Yukiatsu. They would simply be using each other in the relationship to try to move on from their true real loves. It's "rebounding" to put it simply

One does not move on from someone they've loved for years and years that easily. Especially considering the fact that Yukiatsu cross dressed as her

i wouldn't refer to anjou's feelings as love. she's referred to it as a crush and plus she loved him when she was younger. jintan has changed a lot since then as has their friendship. i also don't think it's remotely healthy to be that fixated on somebody who isn't even going to reciprocate their feelings.

as for yukiatsu, he's said it himself that he wants to move on from menma. pining for a dead girl, even if it's true real love, is just not a happy prospect.

there's nothing wrong with rebounding, especially if the alternative is a hopeless option. it's a good direction for anjou's character.

fazer
2011-06-12, 09:18
i wouldn't refer to anjou's feelings as love. she's referred to it as a crush and plus she loved him when she was younger. jintan has changed a lot since then as has their friendship. i also don't think it's remotely healthy to be that fixated on somebody who isn't even going to reciprocate their feelings.

as for yukiatsu, he's said it himself that he wants to move on from menma. pining for a dead girl, even if it's true real love, is just not a happy prospect.

there's nothing wrong with rebounding, especially if the alternative is a hopeless option. it's a good direction for anjou's character.

I think Anjo really does like Jinta. Even in the first episode, after not seeing Jinta for quite a long while, after she delivered the summer assignment to him,you can see the disappointment when she left, maybe she wanted to have a decent conversation with Jinta?

The way she cried in episode 8...I feel theres no way she doesn't love him ...
And when she cried in episode 9 after seeing how she could not be compared to Menma...I think she is still in love with him.

Damn Jinta...why is he so blind..I think Menma should ascend to heaven in peace for the sake of everyone.

The thing with Yukiatsu is that he doesn't express what he feel as readily as the others,whatever he said might have been on the surface only. It is not that easy to let go of something that has meant so much to him.

Whatever the case...I still wouldn't want to see Anjo pair up with Yukiatsu...

I agree with the "2 loser" or 2 person on the rebound getting into a relationship is not a good case lol.

And it is ultimately unfair for Tsuruko who was there for Yukiatsu most of the time, I know Yukiatsu might not see her romantically but its still unfair lol!

User68604
2011-06-12, 12:48

theres no true or genuine love in a relationship built around a "rebound." if nething it would detract from them since they'd only be using the other for comfort purposes while not actually loving the other person for who they are

deadite
2011-06-12, 14:15
not true. People can learn to get to know each other and love each other in rebound. Human emotions are more complex than you think.

User68604
2011-06-12, 15:05
not true. People can learn to get to know each other and love each other in rebound. Human emotions are more complex than you think.

human emotions..complex?? this is news to me, good thing im a robot and have no idea wtf ur talking about

ZODDGUTS
2011-06-12, 16:08
Um....Anyways both boys have their share of problems. One seems to have finally moved on, well see if Yikiatsu really does like her or not. Seeing that he saved her from that boy a few eps back, shows that he does care about her.

mellomarie
2011-06-13, 16:06
human emotions..complex?? this is news to me, good thing im a robot and have no idea wtf ur talking about

complex meaning that falling for someone genuinely ONCE doesn't mean it's your true love forever, especially considering their loves occurred during childhood.

not to mention neither have been in a relationship with their respective loves. it's not even truly "rebounding".

fazer
2011-06-13, 19:32
especially considering their loves occurred during childhood.

The last 2 episode have suggested that Anjo is still in love with Jinta,but maybe she will try to numb herself by going out with Yukiatsu.

not to mention neither have been in a relationship with their respective loves. it's not even truly "rebounding".

I think "rebound" is valid in this situation, its like recovering from a rejection?

- Say Anjo and Jinta were a couple, and Jinta broke off with her, meaning Jinta rejects Anjo.

- For the situation now, Anjo realizes she cannot be compared to Menma and she feels rejected.

A rebound now will be to get into a relationship and feel accepted by someone?
Sounds like a bastketball game...

While its true that its possible for 2 person on the rebound to get into a relationship and fall in love, maybe its not that simple for them, they have a complex problem that has lie dormant for a long time eating away at their soul and its going to erupt soon.

I still suspect the legitimacy of Yukiatsu's attempt to move forward, Menma's re-appearance has affected him a lot, did he break at the railway when he realize there was something between Menma and Jinta. And he sure recovers quickly...after being so hung on to Menma for the past few years.

I don't think Anjo would end up with Jinta even if Menma passes on, its hard to fall in love knowing she will never be 1st place in Jinta. Its the same for Yukiatsu, Menma is still 1st place in his heart. At least for now, maybe time will eventually replace their number one.

Kyuu
2011-06-15, 19:13
one of the more complex chars, i love her - cannot wait to see how she develops through the series

Comparing her child version -- to her "current" version -- she "developed" quite well. :D:D (If you know what I mean) :D:D

HayashiTakara
2011-06-17, 09:56
It's good to see that Anjou is more than likely to keep her hopes up. Tsuruko is right, she still has a chance once Menma finally passes on. Anjou's statement of how no one can ever replace Jinta to her was touching.

FlareKnight
2011-06-17, 12:12
Curious to see how things will turn out for her in the end. Whether she'll make any serious moves herself before the series runs out will be something to see. She's in a painful spot though and could get harder if Jintan is more obvious about dragging his heels.

Glad she put the Yukiatsu stuff to rest. For her it really is Jintan or bust so we'll have to see what happens.

Guardian Enzo
2011-06-17, 12:31
Anaru is the one I feel worst for, here - she's been loyal to Jintan even as he slipped into a self-destructive shell, and no less honest about her feelings than any of the others. Menma is an obstacle in everyone's path to growth to some extent, but her specific impact on Anaru is quite direct. Anaru is less manipulative than anyone else here - she just doesn't seem to have it in her - but she suffers just the same.

TrippedUp
2011-06-17, 18:25
Anaru is the one I feel worst for, here - she's been loyal to Jintan even as he slipped into a self-destructive shell, and no less honest about her feelings than any of the others. Menma is an obstacle in everyone's path to growth to some extent, but her specific impact on Anaru is quite direct. Anaru is less manipulative than anyone else here - she just doesn't seem to have it in her - but she suffers just the same.

Anaru's actually my favorite character besides Popo. she's a lot more honest about herself, and so far hasn't turned totally hateful. She's the main reason I almost sobbed during ep 10, and she's the one I'm rooting for to get her happy ending most of all.

User68604
2011-06-17, 18:56
the only happy ending for anaru is one that is where she moves on from jintan

there has been zero indication from any of the eps that he is even remotely interested in her romantically. there would have to be some uber fast time skip with flashbacks or something magical for jintan to fall out of love with menma, and into love with anaru in the next two eps (unlikely)

fazer
2011-06-17, 21:49
Anaru's actually my favorite character besides Popo. she's a lot more honest about herself, and so far hasn't turned totally hateful. She's the main reason I almost sobbed during ep 10, and she's the one I'm rooting for to get her happy ending most of all.

Anjo is definitely my favorite character as well, she started like a bitch but slowly shows how weak and naive she really is(and such a crybaby ),she plays video games and works at a video game store....hey how can any guys not like her lol..

Oh and her figure and fashion senses...

I hope there's some kind of happy ending for her as well...be it moving on from Jinta or finally getting Jinta to reciprocate her feelings (but I do not approve Yukiatsu !)

mellomarie
2011-06-19, 07:05
i just want her to move on from jintan lol. i think her and yukiatsu have good chemistry but she did say in the most recent episode that she'd never go out with yukiatsu so that's fine. although she did follow up with "jintan is irreplacable!".

really anaru? i realise she's on an emotional roller coaster and that she said all of that after jintan's confession that he does INDEED love menma---shocker! she seemed a lot more level-headed with yukiatsu when they were out, she said that the only glue between herself and jintan was menma. they didn't even get closer when menma was out of the picture.

jintan doesn't give a flying sh*t about anaru romantically (i don't even see them as THAT close friendship-wise either tbh) so she really needs to move on. get a hint from tsuruko girl.

hell i just like her dynamic with tsuruko, they're so catty i love it :)

fazer
2011-06-19, 07:33
Noooo......Jinta does give a fish for Anaru, just that Menma is taking too much of his attention...
Really Jinta is quite a nice guy, just too caught up and stuck with Menma..

mellomarie
2011-06-19, 08:12
Noooo......Jinta does give a fish for Anaru, just that Menma is taking too much of his attention...
Really Jinta is quite a nice guy, just too caught up and stuck with Menma..

oh fazer and here i was agreeing with everything you've been saying :(

but seriously, i'm sure jintan considers anaru a friend (of sorts) but romantically? doesn't give a sh*t i must say.

and yeah he's a nice guy just too self-absorbed...to the point where he can't give her a decent reply, though i'm sure his "I LOVE MENMA" was clear enough for poor anaru.

HayashiTakara
2011-06-20, 09:00
i just want her to move on from jintan lol. i think her and yukiatsu have good chemistry but she did say in the most recent episode that she'd never go out with yukiatsu so that's fine. although she did follow up with "jintan is irreplacable!".

really anaru? i realise she's on an emotional roller coaster and that she said all of that after jintan's confession that he does INDEED love menma---shocker! she seemed a lot more level-headed with yukiatsu when they were out, she said that the only glue between herself and jintan was menma. they didn't even get closer when menma was out of the picture.

jintan doesn't give a flying sh*t about anaru romantically (i don't even see them as THAT close friendship-wise either tbh) so she really needs to move on. get a hint from tsuruko girl.

hell i just like her dynamic with tsuruko, they're so catty i love it :)

And that whack job Yukiatsu is better? seriously? Do you realize how horrible of a basis it is to go out with someone to get over someone is? Yukiatsu is a billion times worse about Menma than Jinta is.

TrippedUp
2011-06-20, 10:48
And that whack job Yukiatsu is better? seriously? Do you realize how horrible of a basis it is to go out with someone to get over someone is? Yukiatsu is a billion times worse about Menma than Jinta is.

This. Yukiatsu doesn't seem to care for Anaru, he just sees her as a way to get over Menma and she's the perfect rebound since she's also got an unrequited love.

Personally, if Menma were to pass on Jintan might actually see other girls and maybe even Anaru. He couldn't before because he felt guilt for calling Menma ugly and denying his feelings. but now everything is out in the open and he knows all of Menma's feelings.

Either way, Anaru deserves a happy ending. I hope it goes the way of Cross Game, where although they all still love and remember Menma, they don't let their ENTIRE lives be destroyed by the memory. Plus Ko totally hooks up with Aoba ;) So I have some faith.

mellomarie
2011-06-20, 14:54

has yukiatsu treated anaru remotely as shitty as jintan has? no he hasn't. besides, with the most recent episode anaru has stated that she does not want to date yukiatsu so i suppose it's a dead deal. i still maintain that their banter was pretty refreshing and they actually seemed like they were enjoying themselves. yukiatsu has his issues (as does anaru) but if it's not affecting their interactions, what's the big deal?

and no, rebounding is not THAT horrible. it happens all the time and it's a pretty human instinct. if it's a mutual desire to move on from childhood loves that are at a standstill...then what's the problem?

@trippedup:

i would've agreed that jintan can move on when menma's gone and finally see anaru for who she is. but in the most recent episode, he declared that he does indeed love menma. can't see a realistic way for him to suddenly get over the dead girl he's CURRENTLY in love with.

to be perfectly honest, i don't see anybody hooking with anybody. every character seems to be obsessed with their unrequited loves and have no desire to move on. i felt as though yukiatsu (and anaru at times...) showed the most success in attempting to move on, but the sniffing seems to say otherwise :heh:

Kyuu
2011-06-20, 15:44
IMO -- it appears that Yukiatsu is simply... turning to Anaru... just because he KNOWS that she has a thing for Jintan... and is aiming to screw Jintan over for that.

Nikkan
2011-06-20, 16:23
complex meaning that falling for someone genuinely ONCE doesn't mean it's your true love forever, especially considering their loves occurred during childhood.

I agree with this.
In my opinion, Anaru loves the idea of Jintan, not Jintan himself. Its been years since they talked in the beginning of the show and both of them are completely different people. But she clings on to her memory of him when they were kids and then gets let down when he isn't the person she expected and remembered him to be. In one way, Anaru not only need to move on from Menma's death, she needs to do it for Jintan too.

Anh_Minh
2011-06-20, 16:30
IMO -- it appears that Yukiatsu is simply... turning to Anaru... just because he KNOWS that she has a thing for Jintan... and is aiming to screw Jintan over for that.
Maybe at first. But even then, I don't think it was really about screwing Jintan so much as simply winning against him. It's not about hurting Jinta - it's about salving his own pride.

has yukiatsu treated anaru remotely as shitty as jintan has? no he hasn't. besides, with the most recent episode anaru has stated that she does not want to date yukiatsu so i suppose it's a dead deal. i still maintain that their banter was pretty refreshing and they actually seemed like they were enjoying themselves. yukiatsu has his issues (as does anaru) but if it's not affecting their interactions, what's the big deal?

Yukiatsu was enjoying himself. Anaru just looked various level of uncomfortable.

HayashiTakara
2011-06-20, 19:37

and no, rebounding is not THAT horrible. it happens all the time and it's a pretty human instinct. if it's a mutual desire to move on from childhood loves that are at a standstill...then what's the problem?

@trippedup:

i would've agreed that jintan can move on when menma's gone and finally see anaru for who she is. but in the most recent episode, he declared that he does indeed love menma. can't see a realistic way for him to suddenly get over the dead girl he's CURRENTLY in love with.

to be perfectly honest, i don't see anybody hooking with anybody. every character seems to be obsessed with their unrequited loves and have no desire to move on. i felt as though yukiatsu (and anaru at times...) showed the most success in attempting to move on, but the sniffing seems to say otherwise :heh:

utter shit? how so? I don't see him mistreating her at all. Sure its cold of him to not reply back to her "confession" but he needs to sort shit out first. Saying something now while he himself is still confused is half-hearted and irresponsible.

Also, rebounds are terrible, they never last and it's generally physical. The best way to move on from someone is to spend some time single and get a fresh outlook on life. Jumping on the next piece of tail in an attempt to get over a broken heart generally leads to regret and self-loathing. I'm old and been through enough relationships to know better.

I agree with this.
In my opinion, Anaru loves the idea of Jintan, not Jintan himself. Its been years since they talked in the beginning of the show and both of them are completely different people. But she clings on to her memory of him when they were kids and then gets let down when he isn't the person she expected and remembered him to be. In one way, Anaru not only need to move on from Menma's death, she needs to do it for Jintan too.

I disagree, she's still in love with him despite his apparent flaws. If it was just an idea, seeing him in his current state would put her in utter despair for shattering that image.

Going back and revisiting those scenes where Anjou is spending time with him again after so long, you can see her feelings igniting again. It's the person, not the idea.

I think you're taking her affection too lightly or is refusing to see it for what it is.

fazer
2011-06-20, 19:59
I agree with this.

I disagree, she's still in love with him despite his apparent flaws. If it was just an idea, seeing him in his current state would put her in utter despair for shattering that image.

Going back and revisiting those scenes where Anjou is spending time with him again after so long, you can see her feelings igniting again. It's the person, not the idea.

I think you're taking her affection too lightly or is refusing to see it for what it is.

I have to agree with Hayashi.

I feel that Anjo was in love with the "idea" of Jinta at first, Jinta was smart, athletic and the leader of the gang, but now it seems she is not just clinging to the "idea" of Jinta anymore.

Her feelings for Jinta evolved over the years as she watches Jinta change (before Menma return, Anjo was probably the closest "acquaintance" Jinta had for years, despite not having regular conversation, they went to the same school), I feel she have fallen in love with Jinta for being Jinta and not just the idea anymore.

She was let down because Jinta did not reciprocate her feelings.

utter shit? how so? I don't see him mistreating her at all. Sure its cold of him to not reply back to her "confession" but he needs to sort shit out first. Saying something now while he himself is still confused is half-hearted and irresponsible.

Have to agree again, Jinta is really a nice guy, he genuinely cared for his friends, he did saved Anjo from an awkward situation in class. Its just that he has too much things on his plate now...he need to get over Menma...Would it have been fair, if Jinta give Anjo a positive answer for her affection while still so lost in Menma?

At least he is been true, Yukiatsu was probably looking for a substitute.

mellomarie
2011-06-21, 04:30
Yukiatsu was enjoying himself. Anaru just looked various level of uncomfortable.

not how i remember it. i'm pretty sure she was smiling/laughing herself.

I agree with this.

basically this. not to mention her feelings are based on a childhood love. her feelings are stagnant, they haven't grown at all and hardly represent the current jintan. i don't think that warrants her being "devoted" to him and not moving on.

how is he confused? what does he exactly need to sort out? i mean he just declared that he's in love with menma. it's also very obvious that he's NOT confused about his feelings for her. seeing as he loves menma, he should've had the decency to give anjo a proper reply. i think being "cold" enough to not give her a reply, especially when it's obvious that he's thought about it, is mistreating her.

Also, rebounds are terrible, they never last and it's generally physical. The best way to move on from someone is to spend some time single and get a fresh outlook on life. Jumping on the next piece of tail in an attempt to get over a broken heart generally leads to regret and self-loathing. I'm old and been through enough relationships to know better.

not all rebounds are terrible, it depends on the person and the context. it also helps if the people are honest with each other about their motivations. not to mention a relationship can grow from a rebound to something more, especially in the case of anjo. her love is a ditch, its not going anywhere. let's also not forget that yukiatsu/anjo HAVE been single. they weren't in relationships with anybody, let alone with the people they WANTED to be with.

you're talking about conventional relationships. yukiatsu and anjo have no other choice BUT to move on. i'm not necessairly advocating them to move on together but if that's what they want then i'm all for it.

Irenicus
2011-06-21, 04:53
basically this. not to mention her feelings are based on a childhood love. her feelings are stagnant, they haven't grown at all and hardly represent the current jintan. i don't think that warrants her being "devoted" to him and not moving on.
Then how do you explain how super happy she was that he started to connect with her again, that he tried to go back to school, that he awkwardly and clumsily saved her, that he started working with her? That was teenage Anaru responding very very positively to teenage Jintan. He wasn't cool, he wasn't the popular leader, he was stuttering and awkwardly clawing his way out of hikkikomori state -- and she was so, so happy at every little bit of it.

Loving an idea? Please. If that isn't a love for the person then I don't know what is. A person who's in love with an idea would have been annoyed at Jintan's imperfections in the earlier episodes. Instead, in the very first reflection she made, the one that set the tone of her character for the rest of the series, she outright stated that she was instead annoyed at herself for being unable to help him in any way -- him, the flawed, wounded, locked in, school-skipping, uncool, messy-haired, Menma-obsessed Jintan. She didn't want "Jintan," she wants Jintan.

how is he confused? what does he exactly need to sort out? i mean he just declared that he's in love with menma. it's also very obvious that he's NOT confused about his feelings for her. seeing as he loves menma, he should've had the decency to give anjo a proper reply. i think being "cold" enough to not give her a reply, especially when it's obvious that he's thought about it, is mistreating her.
He's in love with a dead girl. Half the time he thought Menma was his hallucination. He knows damn well he needs to let her go, he knows it more than anyone, yet his heart cannot lie. He loves her. He wants her by his side. And this is after years of being a shut-in suffering from her death which he blamed himself, and the death of his mother.

That shit fucks people up. How is he not confused? If he hangs himself to go after her or something nobody can even blame him! And the fireworks scene in episode 10 just tells it all. How much he didn't want her go. How he was practically going to burst with emotions, and how conflicted he was -- how he knows very well the selfishness of his heart's desire. That last scene, when he realized Menma was still there, he had this look that said, oh god oh god, what have I done?

And you want him to turn around and give Anaru a real answer? I'm a fan of Jintan x Anaru, yet I would have been angry if he just half-heartedly said yes. She deserves better.

mellomarie
2011-06-21, 05:09
Then how do you explain how super happy she was that he tried to go back to school, that he awkwardly and clumsily saved her, that he started working with her? That was teenage Anaru responding very very positively to teenage Jintan. He wasn't cool, he wasn't the popular leader, he was stuttering and awkwardly clawing his way out of hikkikomori state -- and she was so, so happy at every little bit of it.

Loving an idea? Please. If that isn't a love for the person then I don't know what is. A person who's in love with an idea would have been annoyed at Jintan's imperfections in the earlier episodes. Instead, in the very first reflection she made, the one that set the tone of her character for the rest of the series, she outright stated that she was instead annoyed at herself for being unable to help him in any way -- him, the flawed, wounded, locked in, school-skipping, uncool, messy-haired, Menma-obsessed Jintan.

i'm pretty sure i said her love is "based" in her childhood, doesn't mean that jintan in his current form isn't going to affect her in anyway. she still loves him, of course she's going to be happy by any attention he gives her. i'm just suprised that people think jintan x anaru is endgame or something.

and please, when she was confessing her feelings to him she was bawling her eyes out and begging him to stop--that's clear frustration. anaru tried her best to help him but she couldn't break through, she shouldn't feel less than because she doesn't have as much an impact as menma.

it's heartbreaking that she has to constantly compare herself to a dead girl, a dead girl that jintan is currently in love with.

He's in love with a dead girl. Half the time he thought she was his hallucination. He knows damn well he needs to let her go, he knows it more than anyone, yet his heart cannot lie. He loves her. He wants her by his side. And this is after years of being a shut-in suffering from her death which he blamed himself, and the death of his mother.

That shit fucks people up. How is he not confused? If he hangs himself to go after her or something nobody can even blame him!

And you want him to just give Anaru a real answer? I'm a fan of Jintan x Anaru, yet I would have been angry if he just half-heartedly said yes at any time between when she confessed and, well, "now."

jintan is not confused about his romantic feelings anymore--that's the point i'm getting at. he knows he loves menma & he wants her to stay. i highly doubt that anaru will join the running in any realistic way. if she does, then it has to be way, way into the future.

as for his potential answer, what makes you think it will be a "yes"? there's also the option of simply saying "hey, i can't answer you right now but give me some time". but no, he ceremoniously ignores her and THEN declares his feelings for menma.

karice67
2011-06-21, 05:44
she outright stated that she was instead annoyed at herself for being unable to help him in any way Hm? The impression I got was that she was annoyed at herself for not being able to get over him.
That last scene, when he realized Menma was still there, he had this look that said, oh god oh god, what have I done?That's debatable too. I think he was just stunned that she was still there.

Though you're right in that she does deserve better.

fazer
2011-06-21, 06:18
Lots of debates today, I see a lot of Anjo fans wanting her to have a good ending whether its ending up with Jinta or moving forward without him.

Go Anjo!

mellomarie
2011-06-21, 06:50
Lots of debates today, I see a lot of Anjo fans wanting her to have a good ending whether its ending up with Jinta or moving forward without him.

Go Anjo!

exactly!

i'm just pretty fascinated by how people can interpret a "happy ending" differently.

really i wouldn't mind anjo with jintan and granted i was privy to the idea first few episodes...i just want anjo to be first in his mind, seeing as most of her insecurities revolve around not being GOOD ENOUGH.

and she is <3

fazer
2011-06-21, 10:10
I am in favor of Anjo + Jinta ending(that is if Jinta wakes up and realize Anjo is a good girl!), but it doesn't looks like its going to happen, not with 1 episode left, too much issues to resolve..

I guess Anjo is destined to be stuck in love with Jinta for awhile before she can move on.....I don't think there will be happy ending...sob

Kyuu
2011-06-21, 14:55

Go Anjo!

Either of those options work. With Jinta or on her own. But with Yukiatsu? People are crazy.

Jan-Poo
2011-06-21, 16:05
As much as I hope that in the end Anaru and Jintan will end up together I side with those who say that Jintan hasn't been very nice with Anaru when she confessed.
And she wasn't just confessing, she was crying and screaming too.
Confused or not he could have shown a little more of concern if he really thought of her as a friend.

You don't leave your friend crying and despairing without saying a word, especially if that friend is begging for your help.

He didn't have to say yes, he didn't even have to say no! He just needed to stay a little more with anaru or try talk if not at that very moment, later.

Jintan basically did the same thing he did when Anaru asked if he liked Menma 10 years before: he ran away.

I don't know why it should be even debated that this is not the right thing to do. He might have his reasons, but that's not nice.

mellomarie
2011-06-21, 16:18
Either of those options work. With Jinta or on her own. But with Yukiatsu? People are crazy.

why crazy? i mean the dude actually has an interest in her and while his motivations MAY be debated, no one can say he has mistreated her.

i think he's in just as much in a pitiable position as anaru.

fazer
2011-06-21, 20:46
I don't think its crazy to having the idea of Yukiatsu and Anjo ending up together.
I just don't like it....its not the perfect happy ending I want lol

If Menma moves on and Yukiatsu ends up Anjo (+1), ...and he would be letting Tsuruko down(-1). Jinta would still be alone(-1).
This scenario scores a -1!

If Menma moves on and Anjos ends up with Jinta(+1), and Yukiatsu ends up with Tsuruko(+1).
This scenarios scores +2, Happy ending!
But not like its going to happen...

*I didn't give the score for whether they would be happy ending up in the possible scenario, its too hard to judge, some people like to be loved and others prefer to love.

Jan-Poo
2011-06-22, 01:37
And Poppo forever alone (-1)

fazer
2011-06-22, 02:37
I didn't factor in poor Poppo...since he is a (-1) in all scenario...and there haven't been any signs of relationships for him. Actually I think he is a (+1) even if he is alone, he seems like the happiest or least sad person in the group...at least up to this point..

mellomarie
2011-06-22, 04:34
but jintan is in love with menma, so anjou will never be sure of his feelings (-1) and tsuroko's also unsure of yukiatsu's feelings (-1) leaving them both in potential painful relationships.

so -2 scenario lol

seriously though, i think everybody going their separate ways may be the healthiest. they could come back as friends later in life when the memory of menma isn't tainting everything.

honestly, it's hard for me to swallow the prospect of any romance when none of them are being good friends to each other.

Jan-Poo
2011-06-22, 05:33
I agree but there's still the hope that Jintan will change at the end of this story and that seems to be somehow implied.

Like he should stop being a hikikomori (and he's already working on that)
He should start going to school more frequently
He should part with Menma once and for all (she's dead! I don't mean to say you must forget her, but you must move on!)
He should stop running away from his feelings
and so on...

What I mean to say is that while the current Jintan is really unfit for Anaru, maybe the new Jintan will be able to realize what a wonderful girl she is.

Yeah maybe I'm a bit biased towards Anaru, she's really the best character in this story in my eyes. And I also like Jintan, but the guy needs to solve his issues.

fazer
2011-06-22, 07:54
I agree, the best scenario now is everyone going their separate ways or at least keeping a neutral relationship with each other until everyone gets over Menma.

I think with 1 episode left, it is the most probable outcome, if not everything will feel rushed and incomplete.

TrippedUp
2011-06-22, 08:11
I think the most plausible ending would be for Anaru to get over Jintan. He's far too messed up for anything right now. They should rebuild their friendship before they even begin to touch a relationship.

Same goes for everyone else. I think the end should show everyone tentatively hanging out again, not be all buddy buddy. Unless there's a time skip, it just wouldn't make sense.

Jan-Poo
2011-06-22, 10:06
Unfortunately I've seen anime where a whole deal of problems gets magically resolved in the span of 10 minutes and everyone conveniently gathers in the same spot to laugh and rejoice.

Man... that's the lamest ending ever...

Kyuu
2011-06-22, 12:20
And Poppo forever alone (-1)

True. Often times, it's been quite sad looking at him. :confused:

while his motivations MAY be debated

This is reason enough to consider any prospect for Yukiatsu with Anaru to be outright rejected.

.x.crii.x.
2011-06-23, 20:27
Well, she didn't really get together with Jintan in the end. But it was kind of hinted at that she eventually would. :/

Not sure how I feel about that really. I mean, if I were her, I'd somehow always end up feeling like a replacement...like the second option. Anybody understand what I mean? o.O

TrippedUp
2011-06-23, 20:37
I dunno, watching the end it doesnt look like Jintan would look at her as second best. I mean Menma was his first love, and so she'll always have a special place in his heart. But now that the SPB gang has said their goodbyes properly, Jintan doesn't seem to be in that unhealthy place anymore. I think now he can properly move on with his life and finally see Anaru in front of him, and not as a replacement.

But hey, if Anaru is happy, so am I :)

fazer
2011-06-23, 20:44
Yukiatsu and Jinta have been looking at Menma as their first choice for a long while.

Give Jinta a chance lol,
Maybe this time with a proper goodbye and everyone coming out with their true feelings at the temple, time will really heal the wounds and changes things.

At least from the epilogue, Anjo seems happy, so does Jinta.

.x.crii.x.
2011-06-23, 20:57
Meh, well I guess I'll give Jintan a chance. And well, as long as Anaru is happy. Best character for me of this show and of this season.

Tomatsu Haruka did an epic job with her, and voicing Msyu from [C] too. ( I swear, she made me cry like a baby today.)

And Anaruīs friends don't seem so bad anymore. The ending made me chuckle a bit when Jintan was trying to give her back her handkerchief and those two hit him and protected Anaru from him. <3

Anybody know if there's any AnoHana merchandise with Anaru on the cover?

fazer
2011-06-23, 21:01
I want a nendoroid set of the whole gang!

HayashiTakara
2011-06-23, 23:28
So... are Yukiatsu x Anjou fans eating their words now? lol jp, well 50/50 :heh:

fazer
2011-06-24, 03:11
Yukiatsu got his just reward! .............. Tsuruko ! So did Anjo!

mellomarie
2011-06-24, 14:28
So... are Yukiatsu x Anjou fans eating their words now? lol jp, well 50/50 :heh:

definitely not lol. yukiatsu wasn't the big baddie everybody made him out to be anyway--wasn't like his motivations weren't different from anybody else's. not to mention he didn't know shit about tsuruko's feelings.

i still prefer yukiatsu x anjou but hey everybody seemed like they were moving ON which was basically what i wanted. the difference between yukiatsu and jintan is that jintan's love was totally reciprocated...harder to imagine him moving on.

but anjou was happy (and everybody else too, they were very reedeming in the last episode) so i very much enjoyed the last episode.

on an anaru related note (:heh:), i liked seeing how tsuruko was always jealous of anaru, despite anaru never thinking she was good enough/had to change herself.

OtakuSoldier
2011-07-10, 04:04
Yo. First post here. Just finished this series. Very well done for eleven episodes. Very engaging and based on this thread alone, it would seem even thought provoking. Hey, whether you can relate to it or not, it's a well done series. I just really wanted to see the most for Anaru.

Jinta was nice and kind to Anaru... but way too fixed on Menma. But let's be fair, Menma was THERE! How could he forget? He gave no romantic interest in Anaru during the series, whereas she gave him her ALL. Whether Anaru and Jinta get together in the future or not... is unknown. They at least moved on and are still close friends.

Good enough I guess. She may have gone through the most emotional pain until the end when all things became clear and her and Jinta went back to school.

Oh well. It just seems like the ONE thing I want to happen in animes never do.

KeiiMii
2012-06-29, 05:09
I liked a lot Anaru. She was far more realistic character than Menma.

stardf29
2012-07-21, 02:36
Something I noticed about Anaru...

In the beginning, Tsuruko talks about how she's always been one to be influenced by the people around her, not really being her own person and going along with what her peers are doing.

In the end, though, she is the first person to admit that she had selfish reasons for wanting to fulfill Menma's wish.

Interesting to see how she changes and grows throughout the series to lead up to that point.