PDA

View Full Version : High School DxD Light Novel - Archived Latest Release & Character Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

relentlessflame
2012-05-05, 18:41
Edit: The High School DxD Light Novels now have a sub-forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136) with multiple threads. Please find the new most appropriate thread among the list there.

There is also a Social Group (http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=765) where you can find many more topics and a more free/open discussion environment. Please join this group if you want to be part of the Highschool DxD fan community.

General Thread Rules

DO NOT ASK WHEN TRANSLATIONS/SUMMARIES WILL BE RELEASED. Available Novel Summaries can be found here (http://dxd.wikia.com/wiki/Summaries), and novel translations can be found here (http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=High_School_DxD). Consult the Social Group (http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=765) above for more information.

DO NOT POST IF YOU HAVE NOTHING USEFUL TO SAY. This is covered in our Forum Rules (http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_rules_2_1). This isn't a chat room or a simple "hang out" for fans, but a place where discussions and conversations can occur.

READ THE RECENT POSTS BEFORE POSTING AND STAY ON-TOPIC. Please try not to ask questions that have just been asked, and don't diverge into all sorts of other unrelated topics or issues.

DO NOT FLAME OTHERS OR RESPOND TO FLAMEBAIT POSTS. Criticism is welcome, but do not attack other people for their point of view. If someone posts something offensive please use the report button (report.gif).

All the other Forum Rules (http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?faq=rules) do apply. Please note that failure to comply with the rules can result in warnings, infractions, and bans. If you catch someone breaking any Forum Rules, please do not reply, but instead use the Report Post button as mentioned.

Latest Release & Character Discussion
The purpose of this thread is to discuss what is happening in the Light Novels up to and including the latest volume, and the impact on the various characters in the story. Be sure to direct any speculation & theories, and any general questions you might have to the appropriate thread (see above).

It is expected that all those participating in this thread are already familiar with the latest translations and summaries, so spoiler tags are not required when basing your speculation on the latest translated novel material. As a courtesy, please use spoiler tags when discussing the latest Japanese raws that have not yet been summarized or translated. You must also use spoiler tags if you will be comparing to other works.

Have fun!

Richocet
2012-05-05, 19:51
Just wanted to let people know that vol 5 was updated, still amazed at the power the gremory group hold
PS thnx for these threads mods

Kirito
2012-05-05, 19:53
I'm going to check it out, I need to update myself in the High School DxD world to familiarize what has happened.

dragonroots
2012-05-05, 20:14
even though i know Akeno was just playing with Ise while they were on the train about her saying "he might get in trouble for touching Rias intimately" i think that may have gone abit overboard on Akeno's part (though Ise's reaction was hilarious).

sky black swordman
2012-05-05, 21:50
even though i know Akeno was just playing with Ise while they were on the train about her saying "he might get in trouble for touching Rias intimately" i think that may have gone abit overboard on Akeno's part (though Ise's reaction was hilarious).

Akeno have been playing with Ise or she be trying to make ise only do ecchi things to her and only touch her. It maybe possiable she is subconsciously trying monopolize his atttention. In simple terms It maybe Akeno's way of saying " only do these things with me ok".

Think about when in vol 6 Ise on koneko's word asked Akeno to go on a date with him and rias got mad . Akeno told rias to give up on Ise and the love between the two (Ise and Akeno) is stronger than (Ise and Rias), she was proably teasing rias but subconsciously you never know agirls hard to understand.

dragonroots
2012-05-05, 22:23
Akeno have been playing with Ise or she be trying to make ise only do ecchi things to her and only touch her. It maybe possiable she is subconsciously trying monopolize his atttention. In simple terms It maybe Akeno's way of saying " only do these things with me ok".

Think about when in vol 6 Ise on koneko's word asked Akeno to go on a date with him and rias got mad . Akeno told rias to give up on Ise and the love between the two (Ise and Akeno) is stronger than (Ise and Rias), she was proably teasing rias but subconsciously you never know agirls hard to understand.

Oh i know, i got that feeling too, it's just, idk, feels like in that scene she is trying to do "that" to Ise. I know in reality she isn't it just gives that feeling, light though it may be (although when i think about her wanting to be the "affair partner" that does make the action remotely understandable as she's trying to perform that role).

zzhk
2012-05-05, 22:26
Why would it be subconscious?

In Volume 4, Akeno already decided to be Number Three.
She knows exactly what she is doing.

dragonroots
2012-05-05, 22:38
@zzhk I guess with me old habits die hard, despite how awesome Akeno is and how this is a harem series with a true harem end as the final goal, i guess i still hold that state of "i dislike when someone tries to stop the mc's affection towards another so they can have the affection themselves", Akeno is still my 2nd fav girl in Ise's harem it's just i'm having a hard time getting past the fact that the position she is going for is the one that does "that" cause in most cases "that" is unacceptable but in this case it is in a very strange yet awesome way.

sky black swordman
2012-05-05, 22:41
Oh i know, i got that feeling too, it's just, idk, feels like in that scene she is trying to do "that" to Ise. I know in reality she isn't it just gives that feeling, light though it may be (although when i think about her wanting to be the "affair partner" that does make the action remotely understandable as she's trying to perform that role).

Dont forget that in vol 4 she said "I have decided. I, have decided. Ise-kun, do you like Rias?”

“Eh!? U-um, y-yes, of course I like her!”

“……..That’s a given, right, she’s serious as well so legal wife is impossible. There’s a possibility of Asia-chan being the legal wife as well so……. The first and second position can’t be shaken I guess……”

Dont you think if Rias and asia were not serious about Ise she would aim for top spot .

If she could but can't would aim to be Ise 1 after all though she maybe teasing or provoking rias she did say “I am really jealous of the number 1 candidate Rias Buchou.”

I think she like the affair thing or affair point because she like's provoking
rias jealousy and also because of her S side.

On another subject , I have wonder what would have happend if Ise and Akeno in vol 7 during their date when they went to the love hotel did go in and had sex what would have happend between the two would they have become a couple and what would rias and the other girls have done or reacted or felt ? What are your guys thought's on this?

dragonroots
2012-05-05, 22:59
@Sky hard to say, very hard. i can't help but have this feeling that Rias would have found them at the last second and stopped them somehow, she's not stupid, she'd probably figure out that since Akeno is highly seductive and loves stealing things from her (especially Ise) that since Akeno has now stolen the first date and they ditched them while they were pursuing them, that she must be trying to steal the biggest thing she can from Rias, thus she'd instantly send everyone to all nearby love hotels looking for the two and (due to plot) Rias would find them in a room naked about to get it on when she appears aura blazing and probably punishing both Ise and Akeno severly.

sky black swordman
2012-05-05, 23:13
@Sky hard to say, very hard. i can't help but have this feeling that Rias would have found them at the last second and stopped them somehow, she's not stupid, she'd probably figure out that since Akeno is highly seductive and loves stealing things from her (especially Ise) that since Akeno has now stolen the first date and they ditched them while they were pursuing them, that she must be trying to steal the biggest thing she can from Rias, thus she'd instantly send everyone to all nearby love hotels looking for the two and (due to plot) Rias would find them in a room naked about to get it on when she appears aura blazing and probably punishing both Ise and Akeno severly.

Yeah. I get want your saying and agree with you. I can think it would be some thing like this Ise and Akeno both naked Ise preparing to insert "it" in Akeno and then rias comes in.:heh:

But I wonder if they had done it already when she found them or found them while they were having sex what would have happen then?

one thing I do know is that Akeno and Ise would no longer be virgins in both cases.:heh:

dragonroots
2012-05-05, 23:42
@sky If that's the case i'm pretty sure Rias would demand that Ise take her virginity at that moment, obviously she won't take no for an answer even if she showed up with the entire harem she'd probably declare that (of course then we'd have Akeno parading around flaunting the fact that she took Ise's first in front of everyone resulting in never ending death glares for Ise). At least when he finally does it with Rias it's pretty obvious he won't receive death glares from any of the main harem (his friends and the school, that's another story).

sky black swordman
2012-05-06, 00:02
@sky If that's the case i'm pretty sure Rias would demand that Ise take her virginity at that moment, obviously she won't take no for an answer even if she showed up with the entire harem she'd probably declare that (of course then we'd have Akeno parading around flaunting the fact that she took Ise's first in front of everyone resulting in never ending death glares for Ise). At least when he finally does it with Rias it's pretty obvious he won't receive death glares from any of the main harem (his friends and the school, that's another story).

HAHAHAHA Dude did you say " Rias would demand that Ise take her virginity at that moment" would that not mean akeno would be watching?

And " Akeno parading around flaunting the fact that she took Ise's first" I can see her doing that and her saying" no matter what you do rias I will always and forever be his first . He took mine and I took his " .

Of course rias will pissed and saying something like "FINE THEN I WILL BE THE ONE WHO HAS HAD SEX WITH ISE MORE THEN ONCE AND HAVE HIS FIRST CHILD HOW ANOUT THAT !".

Then I can see Xenovia chiming in saying " Wait a moment Rias Buchou thats my position I will have Ise's child".

Asia then comes in to the argument saying all teary eyed saying ' No! I want to bear Ise san's child".

Then Akeno counters with this statement " But I already had sex with Ise for all you know I can already be pregnant".

Rias and the other reaction::eyespin:

Kirito
2012-05-06, 00:35

I highly doubt Ise will succeed losing his virginity because of his constant nosebleeds. It could be possible, but until he keeps them in control then insert Guile theme. Oh yes, didn't he already troll Raiser in a epic way by saying that he'll take or Rias's virginity will belong to him? God I love that part.

Soji
2012-05-06, 03:20
dragonroots@ Honestly i have to agree with you 2 here (you and sky black swordman) . Still you ask something like the one I have ask in the old topic some time ago. And i have to admit i do ask myself what would happen If Ise and Akeno do *that* that time. But time ago i ask myself(and even ask on the topic) what would happen if Rias in vol 2 ,after Ise say his epic line and after he won again Raizer and say all those thing to Rias when they where on the griffin, what would happen if Rias say something like*Wait Ise. I have to take what you say before and what you say now as a confession of love?* pity she don't say this that time in vol 2. Anyway even if this are good question to ask we will never know what would happen if this 2(the one you say about akeno and the one i say about rias)really happen at that time. But at least now the situation seem become better and we know pretty well what Ise feel toward both of them and what this 2 feel toward him(then again this can be say about Asia and Koneko as well).

Deikan@he say *Rias Gremory Sama virginity belong to me* before Raizer ,Rias brother and all the pure devil that where there.lol
Talk about epic line.
About the nosebleeds ...i'm sure this will not stop Ise to lose is virginity with Rias and the other.I mean they already try more than one time also there is always the heal section in vol 10. the girls where naked and i don't remember Ise have nosebleeds that time. The same can be say about the sauna scene.(with Rias even if end badly).

Kirito
2012-05-06, 03:24
Well the chance for him to "graduate" is still within his grasp. In his case it's either you shoot or reload, and we all know what Ise will be gunning for.

dark_angel0278
2012-05-06, 05:40
and maybe because he now has dragon pheromones, a lot of mythological females would want to get a hold of that gene of his.

sky black swordman
2012-05-06, 06:40
and maybe because he now has dragon pheromones, a lot of mythological females would want to get a hold of that gene of his.

No kinding DxD genes and heavenly dragon Genes and maybe ouroboros dragon gemes. His "seed" will more valuble now then ever before.
And the status that comes with being the child of the oppai dragon.:heh:

Mammon
2012-05-06, 13:28
I don't how they'll even manage to finish sleeping with him,He'll just collapse from lack of blood as usual,probably

Soji
2012-05-06, 13:38
I think you guys are too much deat set about his nosebleed . that part it's more like for comedy. He don't have every time the nosebleed like I already say I don't remember he have again nosebleed in the sauna scene(with a naked RIas ready to do *that*) or in the heal scene. I think he get more and more use on them(the girls) and will not have nosebleed anymore.

dragonroots
2012-05-06, 16:03
@Soji yeah she was off-limits, but when you got the mother of the girl of your dreams in front of you and she is just as attractive as her it is IMPOSSIBLE to not steal glances. And also do you really think Verenera would let any guy even approach her, i mean she is "The Brunette Madame of Extinction" pretty sure that name alone will scare away all but the strongest of beings. She may even be able to prevent any more girls from joining Ise's harem if she exerts a strong enough aura, she may even be able to revert Ise's rep in school (she just gives off that air to me).

ReaperxKingx
2012-05-06, 16:08
Venerana gives off an aura of someone you wouldn't want to piss off. Pretty evident that she is the one who controls the Gremory household, though pretty sure all the females in the Gremory Family holds all the power. From what we learn from vol 5, Ise has surpassed Rias' father, so the speculation could be that Rias' mother is stronger than her husband.

Soji
2012-05-06, 16:14
dragonroots @ Agree with this. Verenera really give that feeling.
Reaper@ Agree with this .

Also we know that Verenera it's good to teach or at leat this is what we know thanks to Ise.

dragonroots
2012-05-06, 16:15
@Reaper I've watched my mom deal with 2 husbands (my dad and step-dad), both were whipped and the second is clearly physically stronger than her and she still holds ALL the power in the relationship. It may not be that Verenera is stronger than her husband (though i don't doubt she is with that nickname) but that as with most men we don't want to lose our "exclusive spot" so we end up doing whatever the woman wants to gain access to said spot (we already have seen Ise lose his room to Rias when he upset her, that was a small sample of what she can eventually hold hostage from him).

ReaperxKingx
2012-05-06, 16:22
Venerana really intrigues me due to the fact she changed a lot throughout the entire Novel. In vol 5 when she was first introduce, I pretty much dislike her because the way she first talked about Ise was like he wasn't good enough for Rias and the family. Fast forward to the end of vol 5, she accepted him as a family. Vol 9, she gives a first time normal cute expression than the strict and stern we used of reading. Then vol 10 she encourage Rias to make Ise hers and bring him to the family. It is pretty understandable why she suddenly changed her perspective of Ise considering what he has done.

dragonroots
2012-05-06, 17:21
@Reaper yeah but don't parents usually hate who their kids date, especially rich ones that have their kid dating some nobody who's piss poor and has no social status. I'd say that they acted accordingly, kinda show a face that says accept him while watching his every move waiting for him to slip up, Ise showed Rias' parents by the end of the novel that he is strong enough to protect their daughter, and he genuinely cares about her and her family.

sky black swordman
2012-05-06, 18:18
@Reaper yeah but don't parents usually hate who their kids date, especially rich ones that have their kid dating some nobody who's piss poor and has no social status. I'd say that they acted accordingly, kinda show a face that says accept him while watching his every move waiting for him to slip up, Ise showed Rias' parents by the end of the novel that he is strong enough to protect their daughter, and he genuinely cares about her and her family.

Well to me I am surprise Rias still has a good relationship with her family after all they tried to force her to marry someone she did not love or like or stand. She understood their reason's but even so to forgive them so quicky is surprising.

I mean her dad , mom , brother, and sister in law were forcing her to marry raizer just so she could "make" more pure blood children and that
" these children will be important from now on" .

I mean come on Rias can you forgive them after all that they put you through.

All though it end the way it did with her brother and sister in law helping Ise stop the marriage dont forget they were originally on board with whole thing.

I am also surprise at Ise forgiving nature I mean he also dislike the fact that her family was forcing her to marry to raizer and for rias family for putting rias through the whole ordeal.

And he also forgave Rias after she slap him and telling him to abandon asia not once but twice .

Of course their where reasons why they had to leave her the first time and when he went back to school to report what had happened to him and asia and tells her he wants to save her , she says no and but continues to try persuade her to let gim go save asia she slaps him and still says no and tell him she is their enemy to forget about her and let her die. Although they did ended up going to saving asia in the end and did save her that does not change the fact Aisa did die.

I could see Ise leaving to save Asia in the same way ichigo did to save orihime in bleach disobeying order's to save her.

At the time when the whole asia situation happend remmember he just admire and liked her because she save him or because she was the one of school's Idols he did not love her. I am surprise did not Ise show a little resentment toward Rias after for the whole thing.

The same can be said for Rias and her whole forced engagement to raizer I thought she would at least shown some resentment toward her family.

dragonroots
2012-05-06, 18:24
@sky keep in mind Sirzechs gave Ise the gryphon as a last resort to save his sister, he DID NOT want her to marry Raiser, all the time he was trying to find a way to save her since (being the siscon he is) he only wanted Rias to be happy, her happiness to him means more than the entire underworld, i wouldn't be surprised if he gave up his position of Maou just to save his sister.

sky black swordman
2012-05-06, 19:15
@sky keep in mind Sirzechs gave Ise the gryphon as a last resort to save his sister, he DID NOT want her to marry Raiser, all the time he was trying to find a way to save her since (being the siscon he is) he only wanted Rias to be happy, her happiness to him means more than the entire underworld, i wouldn't be surprised if he gave up his position of Maou just to save his sister.

Yeah but dont forget he also had a hand in the engagement. Remember his name was mentioned by Grayfia and raizer when they talk about rias getting married to raizer. And he help only after the RG.
And in vol 11 although It may not mean anything but Azazel said in a joking manner “……Y-you are right. Maybe rushing things is the bad part of the males in Gremory…….. Cough.”

He also wanted rias to marry raizer. And why did he wait until the the RG ended or more to the point why did have a hand in the whole engagement.
And how can you say you love your sister and want her to be happy and then force her to marry someone she does not love and put her through the whole ordeal.

Sirzechs changed his mind after he saw how Ise fought raizer and no matter how much he got beat down by raizer he still stood back up even after he paased out.

NoirX
2012-05-07, 06:42
Yeah but dont forget he also had a hand in the engagement. Remember his name was mentioned by Grayfia and raizer when they talk about rias getting married to raizer. And he help only after the RG.
And in vol 11 although It may not mean anything but Azazel said in a joking manner “……Y-you are right. Maybe rushing things is the bad part of the males in Gremory…….. Cough.”

He also wanted rias to marry raizer. And why did he wait until the the RG ended or more to the point why did have a hand in the whole engagement.
And how can you say you love your sister and want her to be happy and then force her to marry someone she does not love and put her through the whole ordeal.

Sirzechs changed his mind after he saw how Ise fought raizer and no matter how much he got beat down by raizer he still stood back up even after he paased out.

Not quite, he was trying to help Rias all those time but he can't do it directly because of his position as Maou. If he openly helps Rias to break her engagement, it will reflect on his reputation as Maou which is why he decides to make Ise break the engagement so Sirzechs can help indirectly to break the engagement by making execuse that he wants to see Sekiryutei's power against Phoenix while offering Ise a prize for winning the fight in confidence Ise will use the prize to save Rias

Awrya
2012-05-07, 17:31
@sky black swordsman
Sirzechs position as Maou comes first before personal feelings and while he doesn't want his sister to marry someone she does not like, marriages between pure-bloods would benefit devil society as a whole (nobles would be pleased, strong offspring etc). Rias herself understands that as well, having grown up as a high-class devil, so she doesn't hold it against her family.

Sirzechs understands Ise's loyalty towards Rias, but he could only make the Sekiryutei vs Phenex gamble because Ise is the Sekiryutei, a force which they can't simply disregard. If Kiba / Akeno / Koneko tried to break it off, they would be simply ignored and led out the hall.

Darth SpiderDen
2012-05-07, 17:57
And even the rest of Rias family: yes, it's true they forced her to marry a guy for whom she didn't have any feelings.
But the truth of the matter was that after the engagement was broken up by Ise, they went and followed her wishes for the one she would marry and even accepted her target future husband (in this case Ise), so finding motives for forgiving them doesn't seem that unnatural for that, although they will not accept another broken off marriage so either she marries Ise or it's back to the original plan (they are nobles so it isn't that outrageous doing that).
As for the hole Asia situation, the first time she stops Ise it was for good reasons, the second time is because she was planning on going to save her but didn't want Ise, still a new-born devil and with a weak SG, to enter battle seeing it was against a Fallen-Angel that already killed and wounded him gravely (by this order), so I also understand that part.
If Rias really didn't want to rescue Asia, she wouldn't have made her her bishop, thus exhausting her bishop pieces. At least that's the way I see it.

dragonroots
2012-05-07, 18:12
@Spider True she didn't want Ise to go save her after Asia was recaptured, but she realized that Ise wasn't going to take no for an answer so she told him (albeit very discreetly) how to use his powers more efficiently. But something tells me, she also had a feeling that Ise's sacred gear was stronger than a twice critical (he consumed 8 pieces after all) and knowing that SG reacts to the users emotions, sent him in hoping to figure out why he was worth 8 pieces, which she did (though she covered it up well, i get the feeling she was jumping for joy on the inside thinking "YAY, i got a longinus user as my servant, i'm so lucky".

Darth SpiderDen
2012-05-07, 18:15
@Spider True she didn't want Ise to go save her after Asia was recaptured, but she realized that Ise wasn't going to take no for an answer so she told him (albeit very discreetly) how to use his powers more efficiently. But something tells me, she also had a feeling that Ise's sacred gear was stronger than a twice critical (he consumed 8 pieces after all) and knowing that SG reacts to the users emotions, sent him in hoping to figure out why he was worth 8 pieces, which she did (though she covered it up well, i get the feeling she was jumping for joy on the inside thinking "YAY, i got a longinus user as my servant, i'm so lucky".

It was a matter of: "You are a Pawn that consumed all my 8 pieces, I'm not going to let you go and just be killed off; since I can't stop you at least let me give you some advice to help you in combat". That's the way I see it at least.
And yeah, when she found out/confirmed his sacred gear abilities, she would have jumped of joy if she were alone with him, I'm certain.

dragonroots
2012-05-07, 18:48
@Spider I've watched way too much anime, i'm imagining a mini-Rias (not loli) jumping around everytime she gets happy now or fuming when she gets mad (rescued from engagement, first kiss, Akeno seduction attempts, sharing him in the bath, confession scene).

sky black swordman
2012-05-07, 20:25
NoirX, Awrya, Darth SpiderDen

On the subject of Sirzechs position as Maou comes first before personal feelings I Understand because of his position and because of devil society he could not interfere and directly to break off the engagement. So he could only help indirectly help stop the engagement.

But like I said before he was not only mentioned by Rias but Grayfia and Raizer as someone who agreed to the engagement. . These lines tells you that

“Everyone such as the master, Sirzechs-sama and the people from the house of Phenex knew it would become like this. To tell you the truth this was to be the last discussion meeting. Everyone knew that it wouldn’t be solved, so they decided to make a last resort.”

“I felt something uneasy when I heard that Raiser was chosen as my fiancé. Yes, I think otou-sama and the others chose him in case something like this were to happen. They chose Raiser so I will have no choice left. Even if it becomes a match between households, they knew that there was no way for me to win.”

This tells you he wanted the marriage to happen and know that Rias would resist the marriage. Althoght he did help in the end I will let this one slide but the father and mother are a different story

dragonroots
On subject of her being happy and " jumping for joy on the inside thinking "YAY, i got a longinus user as my servant, i'm so lucky". If she
thought this when she reincarnated him in to a devil in the beginning it would have hurt Issei a lot and he may have resented her only bring him back to life only because he had the BG longinus and left her and the group.

If i remember correctly many servents of high class devils in vol 12 turn on their masters becuase they where turned in to or reincarnated in to devils because of their SG.

dragonroots
2012-05-07, 21:08
@sky do you REALLY think Ise would have hated her? I don't, and besides she even admitted to him that she revived him because of his value of 8 pawns, and it isn't the reason why she revived him that matters, it's how she treats him, tell me something, putting aside Rias' awesome body, if she revived you purely because you had the potential of 8 pawns, would you get angry at her that she revived you only because of that, i know i wouldn't.

sky black swordman
2012-05-07, 21:31
@sky do you REALLY think Ise would have hated her? I don't, and besides she even admitted to him that she revived him because of his value of 8 pawns, and it isn't the reason why she revived him that matters, it's how she treats him, tell me something, putting aside Rias' awesome body, if she revived you purely because you had the potential of 8 pawns, would you get angry at her that she revived you only because of that, i know i wouldn't.

True. But Ise is not that smart at the start of series right. If Ise was smarter I wouldnt be surprise Ise did not question Rias and say " Hey wait you knew I had a SG. So did you bring me back to life because of my SG that consumed 8 pawn pieces?
Here is another question he may have asked Rias " Hey Buchou did also know I was in contact with a fallen angel and might try to kill me?

In the Anime it shows Rias was more then aware of Ise and there was something different about him or may a SG holder and keep a close eye on him and made the decision to make him her servent.

So tell dont you think he would have hurt by this?
Of course it did not happen like that.
But dont you think if this was the situation Issei would have been hurt and then the question would have been what would have Ise done?

NoirX
2012-05-07, 21:37
@sky black swordman The one arranging the engagement is Mr.Gremory and Mr.Phoenix, Sirzechs in this case just give his approval because he can't oppose directly which doesn't imply he agreed to it. Its like a president have to agree to a planned engagement of his family member(can't direcly oppose but opposed it indirecly)

Soji
2012-05-08, 01:33
sky black swordman @From what we know about Ise from all this vol . I dubt he would act like you say. Also ,i think Rias show more than one time how much she care about ise. Hell from vol 2 she totally fall for him.I think the Rias(and that can be say for the other as well) make pretty clear in this vol what they think about Ise and that they not like/care about him because the Sg but because who he is.
About the marriage thing i agree with NoirX and the other that say like him. Sirzechs don't want that the marriage happen, but he can't do anything at that time and he know that no one in the gremory group can do anything. That's why,when he see how Ise was determined he chose to trust him for Rias sake. I think Graifya word when she give the seal with the griffon inside to Ise where clear enough about this. Also we know pretty well what he think about Ise now ...Sirzechs see Ise a his own little brother.

sky black swordman
2012-05-08, 03:47
sky black swordman @From what we know about Ise from all this vol . I dubt he would act like you say. Also ,i think Rias show more than one time how much she care about ise. Hell from vol 2 she totally fall for him.I think the Rias(and that can be say for the other as well) make pretty clear in this vol what they think about Ise and that they not like/care about him because the Sg but because who he is.
About the marriage thing i agree with NoirX and the other that say like him. Sirzechs don't want that the marriage happen, but he can't do anything at that time and he know that no one in the gremory group can do anything. That's why,when he see how Ise was determined he chose to trust him for Rias sake. I think Graifya word when she give the seal with the griffon inside to Ise where clear enough about this. Also we know pretty well what he think about Ise now ...Sirzechs see Ise a his own little brother.

Maybe you guys are right on Sirzechs I will leave it at that.
And for the other thing in vol 1 taking in to consideration what you said and Issei's character your right he would never say this .
But Q's is what if he did?

I am not saying she did not care about him or anything but it looks like to me she from what I saw in the anime Rias only took an interest in Ise because she saw something in him or gave her some sort of feeling. The SG perhaps?

So after Ise died at Yuma's hand she appeared and tried to revive ise as devil servent and learned she was right about Ise being special because she needed 8 pawn pieces to revive him.
So Rias originally made him her servent and revived him because of his SG.
Of course after this their relationship changes as she gets to know him and what he does for her.

Soji
2012-05-08, 04:09
sky black swordman@ I don't think that was the case. You think was the Sg ,but from both anime and Ln they give me the feeling that was something else that attract one to the other.But this is what i think from what I read/watch . Also it 's pretty hard answer you question because if Ise would do that,at that time would be another Ise and not the Ise that we know.

sky black swordman
2012-05-08, 04:13
sky black swordman@ I don't think that was the case. You think was the Sg ,but from both anime and Ln they give me the feeling that was something else that attract one to the other.But this is what i think from what I read/watch . Also it 's pretty hard answer you question because if Ise would do that,at that time would be another Ise and not the Ise that we know.

True I will drop it because Issei would not be Issei if he did that.
And are proably right about the whole attract one to the other thing this LN also is about romance.

Jellal
2012-05-08, 04:40
Retaining to kiba's cut arm.

Is it going to be another case like Saraog in vol 10?
It's going to hinder his movements for awhile, not even a Pheonix tear can completely heal it right?

I still don't like how ascalon = 1 mutated piece.

NoirX
2012-05-08, 06:16
@ Soji and sky...(too long to type) Rias' main reason for reviving Ise is because she noticed that she had to use 8 pawn piece to revive him as a devil, she noticed that Ise had BG later on. The romantic feeling can't be used as reason for reviving because before Vol.2 it still can be questioned(whether its real love or just high affection for something precious)

@Jellal Kiba's arm should be fixable since the Phoenix Tear only heals wound that the potion has contact with so it didn't heal the arm instead only close the wound. If he wants to recombined his arm again, then he needs to wield his arm like what Cao Cao did in Vol.9

sky black swordman
2012-05-08, 06:43
@ Soji and sky...(too long to type) Rias' main reason for reviving Ise is because she noticed that she had to use 8 pawn piece to revive him as a devil, she noticed that Ise had BG later on. The romactic feeling can't be used as reason for reviving because before Vol.2 it still can be questioned(whether its real love or just high affection for something precious)

@Jellal Kiba's arm should be fixable since the Phoenix Tear only heals wound that the potion has contact with so it didn't heal the arm instead only close the wound. If he wants to recombined his arm again, then he needs to wield his arm like what Cao Cao did in Vol.11

Yeah it is just like I said in my previous post. She knew during the reviving ritual or supected Ise had a strong SG because she could not use the other pieces she to revive or they where not enough to revive him.
And like you said later learned that the SG was one of the Thirteen Longinus The Boosted Gear.

So like I said before Rias originally made him her servent and revived him because of his SG.

Oh and it was not in vol 11 that Cao Cao did that but in volume 9 during his first one on one with Issei.

Soji
2012-05-08, 06:43
NoirX @I don't say that the reason was love,i agree with you here. But like you say in this line The romactic feeling can't be used as reason for reviving because before Vol.2 it still can be questioned(whether its real love or just high affection for something precious)
Something was there,we just dont know what.

Azure-Priest
2012-05-08, 08:34
Retaining to kiba's cut arm.

Is it going to be another case like Saraog in vol 10?
It's going to hinder his movements for awhile, not even a Pheonix tear can completely heal it right?

I still don't like how ascalon = 1 mutated piece.

Twilight Healing > Phoenix Tears. Still, it most likely would be a bit of a hindrance to use that arm for a while.

We don't know that Ascalon was a mutant piece, we just know it was one pawn. Now if you're saying a mutant piece wasn't strong enough, remember mutant pawns are at least 8 pawn's worth.

As for why Rias revived Issei as a devil in the first place?

It looks like a whim, but there are several factors.

1.) She's been watching him for a while, so she knows what kind of guy he is, and how loyal he is to his friends and family.

2.) There is SOMETHING about him that the Fallen Angels (at that time an enemy faction) considered a threat, so it would be good for the Devils to possess that. (She did not know at the time that she would be getting Ddraig.)

3.) His desire for her was so strong that she was summoned personally, a subordinate would not do. That seriously goes against all protocol, and demanded further investigation, but if he died, that would be impossible.

Lastly, I suspect that Rias gave Issei unlimited viewing privileges of her body because she knew that that more than anything else would win his undying loyalty. She, of course, was absolutely correct.

It really helps that the Gremory clan treats its servants well. As for those servants who rebelled in Vol 12, remember, the Gremory and Sitri clans are exceptions. Those servants were most likely treated quite badly and always reminded that they are just "trash" except for their Sacred Gears, and when the opportunity arose to rebel, they did.

Awrya
2012-05-08, 10:21
It really helps that the Gremory clan treats its servants well. As for those servants who rebelled in Vol 12, remember, the Gremory and Sitri clans are exceptions. Those servants were most likely treated quite badly and always reminded that they are just "trash" except for their Sacred Gears, and when the opportunity arose to rebel, they did.

I think n0m@n implied somewhere in his summary that the reason some reborn devils rebelled were not only because they were treated badly, but also because some of them were reborn against their will because they had Sacred Gears since birth (I could be wrong).

Since we are talking about Rias reviving Ise in Vol. 1, how did Rias know that she couldn't use Bishop / Rook / Knight on Ise? Do high-class devils get some device measuring a person's worth in Evil Pieces along with their chess set? Or is it pure instinct?

Kutra
2012-05-08, 10:43
Awrya@
Rook = 5 pawns
Knight = Bishop = 3 pawns
Ise needs 8 pawns, it's mathematically impossible use a knight or a bishop or a rook on him.

NoirX
2012-05-08, 10:47
I think n0m@n implied somewhere in his summary that the reason some reborn devils rebelled were not only because they were treated badly, but also because some of them were reborn against their will because they had Sacred Gears since birth (I could be wrong).

Since we are talking about Rias reviving Ise in Vol. 1, how did Rias know that she couldn't use Bishop / Rook / Knight on Ise? Do high-class devils get some device measuring a person's worth in Evil Pieces along with their chess set? Or is it pure instinct?

Can't say instinct for sure, its more like compatibility. You just know the exact value of the person that you intent to reincarnate

Kutra
2012-05-08, 11:01
Rias explains it to Ise in volume 1:

“When I was trying to reincarnate you, the only pieces I had left were 1 Knight, 1 Rook, 1 Bishop and 8 Pawns. To make you into my servant, I could only use all 8 pieces of Pawn. The other pieces didn’t have the power to reincarnate you."

NoirX
2012-05-08, 11:29
@Kutra Rias explains it which is why i said she just know the value(not instinct)

Kutra
2012-05-08, 11:44
Corrected :D

I know you're right, but the Rias' answer was more complete.

Awrya
2012-05-08, 12:33
@Kutra I know that Rias used all 8 pawns to revive him, but I tried to focus more on the fact that she knew Ise couldn't be revived with any other pieces; not about mixing pieces.

@NoirX Is that stated in the novel because I can't remember reading it?

Soji
2012-05-08, 14:00
Awrya@ Well she do the same with Asia. She use bishop without thinking too much from what i remember.

Kutra
2012-05-08, 15:19
Rias already knows that Asia has the Twilight Healing Sacred Gear. She will be documented about.

sky black swordman
2012-05-08, 21:59
Azure-Priest Like I said before in my other post's it is as I said before.

And on the " As for why Rias revived Issei as a devil in the first place? It looks like a whim, but there are several factors."

If we use what we saw in the anime tells us more that LN did not LN only implied it some what . It shows us Rias felt something or sense sonething more then likely the SG or the Dragon sleeping in him.

On 1 the first part is right but the second part is not.

On 2 Is right. His connection with fallen angel said something about him after at he time he was a normal human so why a falllen angel be around him or with him.

On 3 thats right. but its more like he lust after her breast's as he was dying. Remmember at the time he was in love with yuma and even thought about marrying her if possible in the future. and even though she killed him he still at that time loved her. So he summoned her because of his lust and desire for her breast and body.

And on the lastly part I think you maybe right. rias may have manipulate his feelings and emotions to make him loyal to her.

Awrya on where that line is vol 1 its in new life.

On Asia being revived yeah. It is as Kutra said Rias already knew about the SG and what it can do so she wanted it .

On that subject I wonder if that was the only reason Rias revived Asia I mean if you think about what Azure-Priest posted on the "lastly part" I think her reviving Asia may have solidified Issei's loyalty and affections toward her.

Think about it at the time Asia was more important to him and cared about her more then Rias and the group. He had very little or no loyaly toward her or her group at all. He shows this by talking back to Rias.
He even said to Rias face to let him out of the group so he can go save Asia even though he knew he was not strong enough to save Asia and was likely to die in the attempt but was more then ready to die to try and save her. His loyalty was toward his friend Asia then his master Rias.

Soji
2012-05-09, 05:33
sky black swordman@ Wait ...slow down here. Why you soo death set to make Rias a manipulative girl?.We know pretty well why she don't want ise do go there and also why she bring asia back to life.Honestly i don't really know why you try to make both ise and rias what they are not. If you think Rias is this kind of character you really need to re-read the whole ln. Because seem to me we see a different character.
Also i was sure we already agree that not was because the SG and Ddraig that she bring him back to life.And we back to square one? Really it seems you are looking for thing that are not here.

sky black swordman
2012-05-09, 06:00
sky black swordman@ Wait ...slow down here. Why you soo death set to make Rias a manipulative girl?.We know pretty well why she don't want ise do go there and also why she bring asia back to life.Honestly i don't really know why you try to make both ise and rias what they are not. If you think Rias is this kind of character you really need to re-read the whole ln. Because seem to me we see a different character.
Also i was sure we already agree that not was because the SG and Ddraig that she bring him back to life.And we back to square one? Really it seems you are looking for thing that are not here.

I know Sorry about that Soji. I will drop it because I know Rias and Issei Characters well and I know that I try to make both ise and rias what they are not and looking for things that are not there sorry about that. I will reflect on this soji.
And no I dont need to Re read the whole LN I know.
I know Ise is not like that .
And I know Rias is not like that and she is not a a manipulative girl.

The only time when she look like she could was in vol 7 with Ross but then that show us how good she is at buying someone off or bribing someone and may also show us she may have a promising career as sales woman.

Well then on to a new topic then. has anybody got one?

dragonroots
2012-05-09, 22:25
V11 life 3 has been completed on BT, i remember someone in the old thread said that Ise made a bunch of promises in this volume that he swore he wouldn't die before completing, and i can see why, every time a chapter is updated there are 1 or 2 more promises he makes and i'm thinking, DAMN that's alot of foreshadowing for his "temporary" death.

GrrDraxin
2012-05-09, 23:31
I wouldn't say Rias was manipulating, bribing or buying off Ross. I see it as her giving Ross a job offer, because in a way, Ross got "fired" when Odin left her behind. Just so happened Rias saw Ross's potential as a piece under her command, and so far she's proven somewhat useful, But I'm sure after some development on Ross's part, she'll be even more useful than she would ever have been under Odin.

sky black swordman
2012-05-10, 22:52
I wouldn't say Rias was manipulating, bribing or buying off Ross. I see it as her giving Ross a job offer, because in a way, Ross got "fired" when Odin left her behind. Just so happened Rias saw Ross's potential as a piece under her command, and so far she's proven somewhat useful, But I'm sure after some development on Ross's part, she'll be even more useful than she would ever have been under Odin.

Good point. That may be it. To me it sound like she is bribing or buying off Ross.

Here 4 new topics to talk about

1 Issei is through out the LN has called himself weak where do you think this came from was it this also the Yuma incident or from when raizer call him weak and is Issei justified in think this ? , because in vol 9 he calls himself weak when his friends where defeted by the Hero Faction but by this time Ise was the strongest member in rias group and rias herself. It seems to me that every time his friends get beat or hurt he calls weak but in reality his comrades are the weak ones not him. Issei power has grown to the point that only Kiba can match him. And to make matters worse for him in the beginning and through out the LN many of his own comrades have called him weak pointed out more once. During his training in vol 2 Rias said it once and koneko once , and Azazel has pointed out his being weak and even Ddraig has said a few times plus some of his acquaintances. Some of his enemies have too but thats to expected from them. I think like the Yuma thing this has stuck to him and still with to this day.

2 Are the other club members in the right by putting all the blame on him when Issei makes Rias cry in vol 10.

3 We all know Issei is dense but the same can be said for Rias .
Asia, Akeno and the other girls notice Issei fear toward them at some point so could Rias not have notice this at all. The cause of his fear and Truma was Yuma. Rias was also someone who knew of this incident. So how could Rias the one who may love Issei the most and close to him not see that Issei look at the girls and may her with eyes full of fear and may still the painful memories of his first love Yuma in his heart.

4 Sona said to Ise that Saji was a little brother to her and because some of her servents like him she would never touch him because of it.

Isnt Sona and her servents and Saji in the same positions as Ise , Rias, and Asia.

Ise like Rias, Rias saw Ise as something of a little brother and Rias knew Asia loved Ise and by the end of vol 2 Rias made declaration of war to Asia for Ise.
Do you guys see sona doing someting Rias did IF she was to fall for saji and thats a big If.

Log
2012-05-11, 01:06
Good point. That may be it. To me it sound like she is bribing or buying off Ross.

Here 4 new topics to talk about

1 Issei is through out the LN has called himself weak where do you think this came from was it this also the Yuma incident or from when raizer call him weak and is Issei justified in think this ? , because in vol 9 he calls himself weak when his friends where defeted by the Hero Faction but by this time Ise was the strongest member in rias group and rias herself. It seems to me that every time his friends get beat or hurt he calls weak but in reality his comrades are the weak ones not him. Issei power has grown to the point that only Kiba can match him. And to make matters worse for him in the beginning and through out the LN many of his own comrades have called him weak pointed out more once. During his training in vol 2 Rias said it once and koneko once , and Azazel has pointed out his being weak and even Ddraig has said a few times plus some of his acquaintances. Some of his enemies have too but thats to expected from them. I think like the Yuma thing this has stuck to him and still with to this day.

2 Are the other club members in the right by putting all the blame on him when Issei makes Rias cry in vol 10.

3 We all know Issei is dense but the same can be said for Rias .
Asia, Akeno and the other girls notice Issei fear toward them at some point so could Rias not have notice this at all. The cause of his fear and Truma was Yuma. Rias was also someone who knew of this incident. So how could Rias the one who may love Issei the most and close to him not see that Issei look at the girls and may her with eyes full of fear and may still the painful memories of his first love Yuma in his heart.

4 Sona said to Ise that Saji was a little brother to her and because some of her servents like him she would never touch him because of it.

Isnt Sona and her servents and Saji in the same positions as Ise , Rias, and Asia.

Ise like Rias, Rias saw Ise as something of a little brother and Rias knew Asia loved Ise and by the end of vol 2 Rias made declaration of war to Asia for Ise.
Do you guys see sona doing someting Rias did IF she was to fall for saji and thats a big If.

1. Azazel calling Issei weak is sorta justified. Issei is weak by Azazel's standards. It wasn't until Trianna and CCQ came out that Issei can stand relatively even with Azazel and even then it would be in Azazel's favor.

Also the number of people calling him weak have decreased dramatically since his recent power ups. The Occult Club often acknowledges Issei's strength relative to their own strength and that's why they often leave the opposing teams strongest member to Issei. In fact in volume 11 Akeno and Rias both feel like their holding Issei back. Rias is regretful that she couldn't even take down a lion while Issei took down Sariaorg+lion. Akeno is in dismay that Issei can one shot a opponent she had immense trouble with.

Enenmies have also started respecting Issei's strength more after he unlocked Trianna and CCQ. The likes of Vali, Cao Cao and Sairaorg have also praised Issei's immense strength and have treated him as a serious threat. Given how immensely strong each of the three are that says something about Issei's strength and potential.

It's just that Issei's surprisingly modest about his strenght hence why he often looks down upon himself. Most of the time when he praises a opponents strength it usually means he could defeat them.

I'm nitpicking but Kiba isn't anywhere near Issei. Kiba couldn't damage Issei with BB and Issei could one shot Kiba. It's just that Kiba was faster and hence could avoid Issei's attacks. It basically comes down to a battle of endurance with Issei having the advantage. That's in BB. With Trianna and CCQ it would be a stomp. This may change with Kiba's recent power ups but given that Issei has taken both infinite and dream in his body I expect the gap to widen even more.

2. They are sorta justified in that Issei was being a idiot. He was purposely being ignorant during that time and hurt Rias's feelings.

3. Rias seems fairly perceptive but then again if she really knew about it then she would have already helped Issei earlier. Maybe Issei doesn't show the fear in his eyes around her?

4. Remember Saji is forever under Issei's heel. Whenever Saji takes a step forward Issei takes a rocket and flies forward. That's the difference between Issei and Saji right know. Saji lacks Issei's natural charm and also Issei's natural forwardness. Let's not even talk about the difference in power. He hasn't even seen a naked girl yet while Issei's groping breasts left and right. Saji's far slower then Issei in nearly everything. Therefore if Saji x Souna does happen expect it to be at the end of the series. Or maybe even after the end. It would likely be a boring romance but I don't exactly support Souna x Issei..................... Maybe Vali x Souna?

thunder123456
2012-05-11, 02:18
I don't know if this is the right thread but... is it possible that Zenovia's name is actually Zenobia the Warrior Queen?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Zenobia

The "vi" and "bi" in japanese are pronounced the same after all.

zzhk
2012-05-11, 02:37
It depends how official this image is:

http://i.imgur.com/IJGdsl.jpg

Awrya
2012-05-11, 02:38
I'm agreeing with most of what you have written, but:
I'm nitpicking but Kiba isn't anywhere near Issei. Kiba couldn't damage Issei with BB and Issei could one shot Kiba. It's just that Kiba was faster and hence could avoid Issei's attacks. It basically comes down to a battle of endurance with Issei having the advantage. That's in BB. With Trianna and CCQ it would be a stomp. This may change with Kiba's recent power ups but given that Issei has taken both infinite and dream in his body I expect the gap to widen even more.

It is true Kiba couldn't damage Ise in BB in a spar, but it was only a spar, where Kiba used a normal holy-demonic sword. Ise can't keep up with Kiba, so for every punch he throws out Kiba hits him several times.

Part of Kiba's strength lies in his versatility, making a sword with the most useful property at the right time as well as exchanging them to confuse the enemy. If Kiba ever fought BB Ise seriously using swords with dragon slaying properties, he could simply wear out Ise slowly with Ise unable to hit back. At the very least, Kiba can evenly compete with BB Ise.

Soji
2012-05-11, 02:43
1. Azazel calling Issei weak is sorta justified. Issei is weak by Azazel's standards. It wasn't until Trianna and CCQ came out that Issei can stand relatively even with Azazel and even then it would be in Azazel's favor.
Yeah. For Azazel was normal, i mean he is pretty strong afterall.

Also the number of people calling him weak have decreased dramatically since his recent power ups. The Occult Club often acknowledges Issei's strength relative to their own strength and that's why they often leave the opposing teams strongest member to Issei. In fact in volume 11 Akeno and Rias both feel like their holding Issei back. Rias is regretful that she couldn't even take down a lion while Issei took down Sariaorg+lion. Akeno is in dismay that Issei can one shot a opponent she had immense trouble with.
Agree with this one as well.And this explain why the girls try to become stronger as well. They not want to feel like this anymore and i'm sure this wish become even stronger because the event in vol 11 and 12.(then again this can be say for everyone in the Gremory group.

Enenmies have also started respecting Issei's strength more after he unlocked Trianna and CCQ. The likes of Vali, Cao Cao and Sairaorg have also praised Issei's immense strength and have treated him as a serious threat. Given how immensely strong each of the three are that says something about Issei's strength and potential.

It's just that Issei's surprisingly modest about his strenght hence why he often looks down upon himself. Most of the time when he praises a opponents strength it usually means he could defeat them.

Agree with this. The only thing we really don't know (other the one you say about kiba with his new power up) it's what ise new body will give him.

2. They are sorta justified in that Issei was being a idiot. He was purposely being ignorant during that time and hurt Rias's feelings.
Honestly i still think that both of them was a fault that time. But i do agree with what you say.

3. Rias seems fairly perceptive but then again if she really knew about it then she would have already helped Issei earlier. Maybe Issei doesn't show the fear in his eyes around her?
Now that you say like this, i think so. If Rias see that fear in Ise eyes would probally try something. Knowing how important Rias is for him and how she can calm him(like the night before loki night ..if i remember right). She probally was the only one that Ise not show fear. He probally feel always safe or something like this.

4. Remember Saji is forever under Issei's heel. Whenever Saji takes a step forward Issei takes a rocket and flies forward. That's the difference between Issei and Saji right know. Saji lacks Issei's natural charm and also Issei's natural forwardness. Let's not even talk about the difference in power. He hasn't even seen a naked girl yet while Issei's groping breasts left and right. Saji's far slower then Issei in nearly everything. Therefore if Saji x Souna does happen expect it to be at the end of the series. Or maybe even after the end. It would likely be a boring romance but I don't exactly support Souna x Issei..................... Maybe Vali x Souna?
About Saji I have to agree here. But who know what the author will do about this 2.But for now she don't love him. But just like him like a little brother. She was pretty clear on this point. For now it's only Saji to love her.

sky black swordman
2012-05-11, 03:30
Ok guys now Issei always calling himself why do think that is or when was this idea born? Was it born from the Yuma as well or was it when Raizer called him weak?
He still even as he grows stronger through out the LN he calls himself weak.
In vol 9 all his comrads fell to the Hero Faction but he alone stood showing that he was strong to fight the Hero faction but after his friends where defeted he calls himself weak but thats not true if he was weak why was he the only one who could still fight and the RG with raizer all the others fell and he did not even though at the time all the others where stronger and had more fight Exp then him.

And in my opinion Ise is not all to blame he was part of the problem we all know his reasons I dont need to state them . But Rias was also part it for not being clear with him on her feeling. Sure she let him see her naked, touch her and she kisses him a few time among other things but she never clearly states or says "I love you" or" I am in love with you "and when she wants him to call her by her name she mumbles what she wants , speaks in a weird way like in vol 4 life 3 or speaks so low she cant be heard and even if she does say it she plays it off by saying "no its nothing"or things like that.

On Rias not noticing Issei fear or truma i am not so sure about that.I mean even Asia notice this fear and that in Ise heart yuma was still there. Akeno and the other girls he may look at them with fear in his eyes. But why would he look at Asia with fear? Rias is like you said Log@ Rias is fairly perceptive so there is no way she could have not notice. But like i said before Rias is also dense but then again the only time i have seen her being dense was in vol 8 extra life when she fail to realise it her brother as maou red.

Soji
2012-05-11, 03:40
sky black swordman@ For Ise was all the thing you say + it's own personality.But it's not soo bad ,because this help him to be the way he is. Remember what cao_cao say? You get the point. This feeling that he have it's the one that help him to be always more ready that other people and not being too sure about his own power and become cocky.

About Rias it's not like she don't notice i get the feeling(after what log say) that Ise don't show that part to her. like i say remeber the nigth before the fight with Loki? Let's put this way...when you afraid of something yuo try to stay where you feel more safe right? I think this is RIas for him(other his feeling toward her).Let's just say that human mind it's a strange thingXD

sky black swordman
2012-05-11, 03:59
sky black swordman@ For Ise was all the thing you say + it's own personality.But it's not soo bad ,because this help him to be the way he is. Remember what cao_cao say? You get the point. This feeling that he have it's the one that help him to be always more ready that other people and not being too sure about his own power and become cocky.

About Rias it's not like she don't notice i get the feeling(after what log say) that Ise don't show that part to her. like i say remeber the nigth before the fight with Loki? Let's put this way...when you afraid of something yuo try to stay where you feel more safe right? I think this is RIas for him(other his feeling toward her).Let's just say that human mind it's a strange thingXD

On the first thing i agree with Soji. Think about it now I like that he is that because it keeps him from being a cocky bastard like raizer.

But the thing I also said is why did Asia notice? I mean Why would Issei show eyes full fear to Asia ?

Soji
2012-05-11, 04:05
sky black swordman@ It's not something he do by his choice. Like I say ,human mind it's strange.It's just that instinctively he feel more safe with her(Rias).And that's why even if the trauma was there he don't show that kind of eyes with her. Mind you,this is what i think from what we know before vol 10 and vol 10.Honestly it's not something that you can use logic to understand.

sky black swordman
2012-05-11, 04:36
sky black swordman@ It's not something he do by his choice. Like I say ,human mind it's strange.It's just that instinctively he feel more safe with her(Rias).And that's why even if the trauma was there he don't show that kind of eyes with her. Mind you,this is what i think from what we know before vol 10 and vol 10.Honestly it's not something that you can use logic to understand.

Thats true I agree with you Soji.

aigomorla
2012-05-11, 14:19
oh man..

GR is totally Yakuza... You cant look at him funny, and he controls your dreams.
Talk about an overpowered Gangster.

Soji
2012-05-11, 14:26
aigomorla@ Agree with you about this. And i thought ophis was haxXD Damn Gr how much hax you can be.

dragonroots
2012-05-11, 14:28
@sky I think the fear may have been abit different for each girl, Rias i don't think he feared at all which is why she "may" not have noticed, Asia his biggest fear with her is being unable to protect her, this probably was interpreted by her as "he doesn't want me getting to close to him nor does he want to get much closer to me, cause if he fails to protect me he'll go into major despair", Akeno and Koneko i don't know how to describe it with words.

aigomorla
2012-05-11, 14:34
aigomorla@ Agree with you about this. And i thought ophis was haxXD Damn Gr how much hax you can be.

seriously...

GR is like a Yakuza.. and Opfus is a Oujou...

Also the way she was hitting the floor and telling ise "i am defeating GR" is just comedy.

Can u imagine a loli girl sitting on the ground going "EH" and just hitting it?

Also you guys notice.. the first half the story was a focus on Opfus + Chaos Brigade, and now its shifted to Ise and DxD's body?

I bet no one even conceived that notion ise would have GR's body.
The Idea of even getting GR's attention was a wishful dream according to tanamin.
And Ise breaks into the underworld under the songs of children with GR and his Body?

OH and:

Hey hey!! If I didn't say oppai you won't recognize me!? They are still associating me with outrageous things!

Heavy forshaddowing of Ise being the Oppai God..
And if u think about it...
Only ise could pull off something crazy like talking to himself, and gifting himself from the future.
And it was done in a lot of stories which dealt with time travel, so i figure the author MIGHT try to throw it in here as well.

Kutra
2012-05-11, 14:44
aigomorla@ Opfus wasn't hitting the floor, she and Ise was on GR back.

aigomorla
2012-05-11, 14:51
aigomorla@ Opfus wasn't hitting the floor, she and Ise was on GR back.

were both correct... the floor was GR's back.
As i said her hitting the floor saying she is defeating GR was comedy.

Awrya
2012-05-11, 15:13
were both correct... the floor was GR's back.
As i said her hitting the floor saying she is defeating GR was comedy.

Did n0m@n release another summary or is your info from chinese websites (which were translated from Chinese to English)?

Kutra
2012-05-11, 15:23
Awrya@ Go here (http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?do=discuss&gmid=78880#gmessage78880)

Awrya
2012-05-11, 17:09
Awrya@ Go here (http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?do=discuss&gmid=78880#gmessage78880)

Thanks, didn't notice them at all:D

GR sounds like he read GTO and tried imitating him (without the teacher part):twitch:
Cao Cao lost to Oppai missle, feel the shame...

Edit: Not sure whether Ophis was simply frustrated that she couldn't chase out GR now that they are in the dimensional gap or she was seriously trying to deal some kind of damage with her patting

zzhk
2012-05-11, 17:15
Edit: Not sure whether Ophis was simply frustrated that she couldn't chase out GR now that they are in the dimensional gap or she was seriously trying to deal some kind of damage with her patting

I think the author is just trying to build up Ophis' image as a cute naive loli tsundere.

The summary I translated didn't mention about sealing Ophis' power to the level of a slightly strong dragon, but I guess the assessment of a cute mascot character shouldn't be too far off.

Soji
2012-05-11, 17:25
Thanks, didn't notice them at all:D

GR sounds like he read GTO and tried imitating him (without the teacher part):twitch:
Cao Cao lost to Oppai missle, feel the shame...

Honestly ,Cao_cao was really naive that time. Come on fall for something like this:p
Also i want to point out that again Rias oppai save him lol.Just this time was a toy:heh:

I think the author is just trying to build up Ophis' image as a cute naive loli tsundere.
Why tsundere? because how she act toward gr?:p

ccie20012
2012-05-11, 18:21
my 5 cents.
I do not understand why you have a claim to the Rias, that she was not first said - "I love you." In my opinion she honestly expecting that Iseei will make first. She said this in the 10th volume.

With regard to fear. It's from the area of ​​psychoanalysis. IMHO from the 10th volume - it's fear to build a strong (serious) relationship between man and woman. That is because Issei feeds to the Rias special feelings - he does not show (or it does not show) this fear. It's impossible: Issei say Rias - I'm have "love phobia" or something like that.
This is because the Rias - a target for Issa.

Issei has an inferiority complex (servant/junior). He even compares himself to the pet.
Rias does not understand this complex - for Rias - Issei knight in shining armor who will rescue her.

I want to say can not be replaced in the Rias to Akeno or Asia or Koneko ... - There will always be Rias and others.

dragonroots
2012-05-11, 22:04
@v8 Hell-Teacher Azazel has been slightly updated (Ise's fantasy about being Akeno's husband has been translated, not much past that). I'm kinda surprised that Ise hit Gasper, and insulted him (though it was more scolding than insulting).

Log
2012-05-11, 22:16
I'm agreeing with most of what you have written, but:

It is true Kiba couldn't damage Ise in BB in a spar, but it was only a spar, where Kiba used a normal holy-demonic sword. Ise can't keep up with Kiba, so for every punch he throws out Kiba hits him several times.

Part of Kiba's strength lies in his versatility, making a sword with the most useful property at the right time as well as exchanging them to confuse the enemy. If Kiba ever fought BB Ise seriously using swords with dragon slaying properties, he could simply wear out Ise slowly with Ise unable to hit back. At the very least, Kiba can evenly compete with BB Ise.

Exactly it was only a spar. If it was a acutal fight Issei can use dragon shot and one shot Kiba and even if Kiba dodges the massive area of effect will injure Kiba. He can use the boasted flame attack with a massive area of effect to kill Kiba. On the other hand Kiba has to create a sword and rush up to Issei to hit him. Oh and if he gets hit he dies. The only way to get past Issei would be to use a dragon slayer sword. Even those would have a hard time getting through Issei's armor. His only advantage is speed and Issei isn't slow enough for Kiba to blitz. It's bluntly in BB Issei's favor no matter what.

This is even shown in there battles. Kiba and Zenovia lost horribly against Siegfried who was weaker then Cao Cao. BB Issei kept up with Cao Cao. Then Kiba, Zenovia and Rossweisse together had a hard time dealing with Sariaorg and ultimately the best they could do was cut of a arm. BB Issei kept up with Sairaorg and could've bested him with Trianna. Then in volume 11 Cao Cao had to specifically deal with Issei using the strategy of targeting a weaker member to get Issei to block using a weaker mode. Cao Cao didn't even regrad Kiba as much of a threat to use strategy against him.

Sorry but no matter how I see it BB Issei>Kiba by a good marigin until Kiba gained Gram. That might've changed things but since Issei gotten Ophis and GR his power should've increased once more.

sky black swordman
2012-05-11, 22:38
ccie20012 ^ the first part huh?
Are you saying has intimacy issues ?

On the "Issei has an inferiority complex (servant/junior). He even compares himself to the pet.
Rias does not understand this complex - for Rias - Issei knight in shining armor who will rescue her."

Well Issei problems started with Yuma the first girl to to him confess her love for him ( although a complete lie ) and from what we knew the only that ever talk to him or show interest in him who is a bit of pervert and has reputation as one and the fact that his friends are just as or more perverted then him plus he at the time had experience with talk girl or with girls in general. To Issei , Yuma is his first love and GF then one at one point thought marrying if possible in the future. Yuma then kills him.
He is then reborn as a devil courtesy of Rias and then fights his first love who tells him how she really feel about him and calling low class devil, telling that the date he put his whole heart in to planning was so boring among other things. At this time Ise still despite the fact that she killed him and killed Asia he still his first loved and was the one in his heart. So being told all these things by her left a very deep impression in his heart and in his mind. From all of this was born his truma and fear of get close to girls or more to the point beautiful girls fearing they will do the same things Yuma did to him. Fearing if he tried anything they would just hate him or laugh at him.

The other thing is how his relationships started with each of the girls
Rias treated him like a little brother, servant , junior and a from the fact that she was his master a pet. thats how he sees his relationship with her even after vol 2 when she fall in love with him. He belives that all of rias actions and affection as that toward a pet dispite the fact after vol 2 it is no longer the way she sees him.

I have a lot more about rias and the other girls but I ll make this quick.
His relationship with Asia a big brother and little sister he must protect for life and protect her even if it may cost him his life.

His relationship with akeno she sees him as her junior who she likes to in her S mode enjoy teasing him, playing with him and likes provoking rias jealousy all her acitons to him are just this things.

Koneko at begining disliked him for peverted nature so when she falls for him he thinks that Koneko is finnaly warming up to him.

Xenovia a girl with knowlege of real life who wants his genes for strong babies.

Irina his childhood friend who has been influence by Xenovia in think that bearing Ise children maybe help heaven and maybe what archangel michael wants.

On some of the other girls the jury is still out on them.

Remmember with Rias and Akeno they are the most beautiful and popular onee sama's in the whole school. Added to Rias the fact that she a devil princess there is the problem of status .
To Ise, Rias and Akeno are two girls out of his reach two girl he does not have a chance with. In vol 5 during his training he thinks about confessing to them only to think they will just give him a "sorry" as a response to it .

JAGI_X
2012-05-12, 09:31
About Rias when she said her last wish i think she mean that this is her last year in school so she wants to go on date with Issei and you know once you graduate from school you will sometime be busy in university right.

zzhk
2012-05-12, 09:36
Or it could simply be the last wish that Rias expressed to Ise.

Last as in meaning previous.

NoirX
2012-05-12, 09:41
The date is Rias' last wish before they got into the mess in Volume 11(the promise she gave to Ise before the Mid-class devil test and battle in the other dimension) so she might said "Last wish" in reference to that moment

JAGI_X
2012-05-12, 10:32
The date is Rias' last wish before they got into the mess in Volume 11(the promise she gave to Ise before the Mid-class devil test and battle in the other dimension) so she might said "Last wish" in reference to that moment

So thats why she said last wish but know she can finally go on date with Issei.
Hope the other members dont stalk them.:heh:

dragonroots
2012-05-12, 11:39
Read the update of v11 life 4, Azazel dancing around after hearing Ise's plan was too funny, can't wait for the rest of that scene to be translated.

ReaperxKingx
2012-05-12, 11:48
Upon closer inspection of the illustrations of vol 12, I found something strange. I remember Ophis having a V in both her eyes. Looking at Rias and Ise hugging, Ise also has those eyes. I already checked the other pictures of Ise and only the one on vol 12 has it. Ise is no doubt a Pure Blooded Dragon in my opinion. http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/images/6/69/High_school_dxd_v12_109.jpg

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/images/1/19/High_school_dxd_v12_221.jpg

JAGI_X
2012-05-12, 11:57
Upon closer inspection of the illustrations of vol 12, I found something strange. I remember Ophis having a V in both her eyes. Looking at Rias and Ise hugging, Ise also has those eyes. I already checked the other pictures of Ise and only the one on vol 12 has it. Ise is no doubt a Pure Blooded Dragon in my opinion. http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/images/6/69/High_school_dxd_v12_109.jpg

Yeah i think you right both Issei and Ophis had the same eye's now and if you compare them to other pic is total different.

dragonroots
2012-05-12, 12:00
@Reaper that's just a lighting effect on the eyes, has nothing to do with Ophis or Ise being a dragon. If you look at other pics the eyes have the same effect, just because the eyes may have a different shape the lighting effect can look different on each character.

The only character that doesn't seem to have that effect is Koneko which makes sense since she's a cat demon, cat's eyes reflect light differently than human eyes.

ReaperxKingx
2012-05-12, 12:06
It could be, there were moments when Ophis' eyes were not like that. It only appears when she is fighting. I could be very wrong, but it is still up to debate. When it comes to species in High School DXD, there are something that distinguish each of them from each other. Angels has a Halo, White Wings (Aside from Michael), and a Holy Aura. Fallen Angels has Holy Aura, Black Wings, and no Halo. Devils have Bat like Wings and Demonic Aura. Aside from Dragons looking what you expect of Dragons, what characteristics of a Humanoid Dragon like Ophis and Ise suppose to have to distinguish themselves from the 3 races other than their Dragon Pulse.

Awrya
2012-05-12, 12:07

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=File:High_school_dxd_v11_003.jpg
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/images/6/63/High_school_dxd_v5_223.jpg
I'd say rather than a V form, their irises have a different shape than other beings.
Tanninim in dragon form has an iris resembling an ellipse, so dragon in general (dragon or humanoid form) have ellipse shaped irises.

Edit: Though that might just be light effects

Kutra
2012-05-12, 12:08
ReaperxKingx@ All eyes are drawn in that way

zzhk
2012-05-12, 13:40
As for the illustrations, it's just a lighting effect. Notice that Rias has the same effect in her eyes.
It's just that depending on angle, it resembles more of a semi-circle if viewed from the front, or compressed to a "v" if viewed from the side.

Soji
2012-05-12, 13:45
Reaper@ I agree with everyone else it's more like light effect. Also the only thing we see from ophis that other don't have are the elf like ears or pony like ears. but aside for this she seem to be a normal girl.About Ise we can't say if his ears are change for now. in the pic they are cover. So who know.

zzhk
2012-05-12, 13:48
Ise himself says the body doesn't feel any different from his old one.

Whatever differences there are, it's not obvious and won't be revealed until the future.

Soji
2012-05-12, 13:53
I know this zzhk. I just say like this because they talk about differences between species and the only thing we see from ophis are her ears. But honeslty i belive that his ears are the same as always.
Whatever differences there are, it's not obvious and won't be revealed until the future.
So i agree with this line. We just need to wait to find out this differences .

aigomorla
2012-05-12, 13:54
Ise himself says the body doesn't feel any different from his old one.

this is what i dont get.

ise said his body feels the same b4 the pieces went back to him.
So the pieces techinically power you up, so if he felt the same without the pieces, then what about them returned at the end?

zzhk
2012-05-12, 14:07
this is what i dont get.

ise said his body feels the same b4 the pieces went back to him.
So the pieces techinically power you up, so if he felt the same without the pieces, then what about them returned at the end?

Well, remember, Pawn pieces don't give any power up until promotion is activated.

aigomorla
2012-05-12, 14:13
Well, remember, Pawn pieces don't give any power up until promotion is activated.

thats my point..

anything + on top of base is always a bonus.
He was the same from start b4 his pawns.

So what is he after his promotion now?

NoirX
2012-05-12, 14:19
thats my point..

Isn't all the same except for his new hidden potential?

Soji
2012-05-12, 14:21
NoirX@ That and that his body it's the same a GR. At least this is what Ophis say.(or something along this line).
Also that he is a dragon with human apparance other than that. Nothing change.

Mammon
2012-05-12, 14:40
As for one of the pawn pieces,wouldn't ise be unable to use ascalon as it turned into a chess piece at the fight with siegfried so he couldn't use it until he got the pieces back(maybe).I get the feeling he can as it has synchronised with his SG but just want to make sure

endarion88
2012-05-12, 14:41
thats my point..

exactly the same as before since whitout the pawn he can't use triania and ccq, now whit the pawn he can use them again so nothing have changed, same for normal promotion

NoirX
2012-05-12, 14:48
As for one of the pawn pieces,wouldn't ise be unable to use ascalon as it turned into a chess piece at the fight with siegfried so he couldn't use it until he got the pieces back(maybe).I get the feeling he can as it has synchronised with his SG but just want to make sure

Ascalon turned back to a pawn piece after the fight, you could say it as temporary mutation i guess

dragonroots
2012-05-12, 14:55

I disagree, remember the fact that Ise had to have 7 of his 8 pawns sealed at the start of the series, it was said that if Ise had access to all 8 pieces at once his body wouldn't be able to handle the power. Also when the first one was unsealed (meaning he had access to 2 of the 8 pawns) in the Raiser match, he said he felt a surge of power, so that kinda leads me to believe that pawns do increase power, just not as drastically as other pieces (so say it boosts all stats by oh say, 25% per pawn piece) so Ise took in 8 pieces so his basic stats at first were increased by 25% then 50% during the Raiser fight, and when all 8 pieces were unlocked after his BB he became 200% stronger than a normal human (normal 100% + pawn boosted 200% = 300%) so in his normal stats he is 3x stronger than the avg human.

zzhk
2012-05-12, 15:04
Or, it could simply mean that the pieces are sealed because Ise's body would not be able to handle the power from promoting multiple pieces.

I'd say the surge of power is more of a one-time effect from the unsealing process.

Of course, this is all open to interpretation at this point.

Mammon
2012-05-12, 15:17
There must be some other hidden feature to the pawn piece than their is at the moment, I know it's not as valuable as the other pieces but it's still got its values,maybe Beelzebub will add some more traits to make things more interesting?
Also I wonder what that 'Game he mention in ise and rias's trial and also in volume 12 is,It's obviously bad to humans according to Siegfried or maybe just to the former hero faction

NoirX
2012-05-12, 15:33
There must be some other hidden feature to the pawn piece than their is at the moment, I know it's not as valuable as the other pieces but it's still got its values,maybe Beelzebub will add some more traits to make things more interesting?
Also I wonder what that 'Game he mention in ise and rias's trial and also in volume 12 is,It's obviously bad to humans according to Siegfried or maybe just to the former hero faction

Modding the evil piece more would be out of question since even the first modding which allows Ise to use Triaina is already illegal

sky black swordman
2012-05-12, 17:15
Vol 11 Life 4 has been updated:)

I looks like n0m@n is trying to finish it fast. Its all ready up 50% done.

NoirX@ That and that his body it's the same a GR. At least this is what Ophis say.(or something along this line).
Also that he is a dragon with human apparance other than that. Nothing change.

Ophis said his body was more or less like GR this because her power was also used in giving him that new body that maybe the reason for more or less comment.

Ise's Senpais became oppai-gentlemen :D

Hey that topic there where female user right so why arent they being mention!
So the the female senpai are also oppai enthusiast.:D:D

And on Issei eyes being like Ophis eyes , it maybe the lighting but then again in most manga/anime/Ln charaters eyes change if they are different beings or possessed by another entity.

relentlessflame
2012-05-12, 17:16
Three points:
1. I want to remind everyone we have a speculation & theories thread if you're going to be speculating about what's happening in the novels and what's going to happen next. There is also a questions thread if you have questions about something in particular and want answers.

2. Please use the [images] tag for images instead of the spoiler tag. Soon we will be changing the rules to more clearly forbid the use of spoiler tags to hide images.

3. Please don't post in this thread only to say that a translation or summary has been updated. News & Updates about translation can be posted in the Social Group or right on the site where the translations/summaries can be found. You may certainly discuss the new information in this thread.

aigomorla
2012-05-12, 18:31
Zenovia + Erica from Campione are almost identical in size.
I just realized this.... And both are said to have the perfect body. :\

They have the same big 3, but the zenovia is taller by 1cm.
http://i.imgur.com/IJGdsl.jpg
:P

So wait... does that mean most japanese people think:

165cm tall 87/58/88 is like perfect dimensions?

ACK she's spelled Xenovia?
Have we been spelling her name wrong all this time?

dragonroots
2012-05-13, 09:01
v11 has been completed on BT.
The amount of aura sent to me increases! I can do it! We can do this! Isn’t that right Ddraig!?

[…….Uhehehehe. Oppai sure is fun……]

….! Looks like Ddraig’s mental condition has finally……

I think this is the actual moment that Ddraig snaps, i was dying of laughter right here.

aigomorla
2012-05-13, 14:19

I think this is the actual moment that Ddraig snaps, i was dying of laughter right here.

dude ddraig snapped so many times in vol12, he's probably just cursing in his head telling Ise stop trolling and just die!.

Thats why in the end he gets ise by going silent and sleeping making ise cry thinking Ddraig is dead, only to have opfus sip tea going,
"ise... Ddraig is trolling you, he's passed out from using too much energy."

Its ddraig's revenge to make Ise cry for once, since Ddraig did so much crying this vol.

Soji
2012-05-13, 14:25
dude ddraig snapped so many times in vol12, he's probably just cursing in his head telling Ise stop trolling and just die!.

Thats why in the end he gets ise by going silent and sleeping making ise cry thinking Ddraig is dead, only to have opfus sip tea going,
"ise... Ddraig is trolling you, he's passed out from using too much energy."

Its ddraig's revenge to make Ise cry for once, since Ddraig did so much crying this vol.

Come on . We know that Ddraig not want Ise dead we see this in vol 12.Also it's not the first time that Ddraig troll Ise. (if he does troll Ise we need the full dialogue for say this 100%). But from the summary it's really seem that Ddraig just troll Ise. Then again i like that Ise just curses after that ophis explain the thing.

aigomorla
2012-05-13, 14:31
Then again i like that Ise just curses after that ophis explain the thing.

that is a reaction after u get trolled.

You know Ddraig was doing that and then passed out going:
"suffer you SOB... chichiryutei... oppai dance... heu heu.... this is... zzzzzzz *sleeping*"

Darth SpiderDen
2012-05-13, 18:43
I find it very funny.
Having Ise in one minute cry and feel sorry for thinking Ddraig's gone and won't be with him anymore and on the next minute cursing and probably thinking to himself that he should really disappear now.
I just love situations where your feeling go from one extreme to the other in under a minute.

sky black swordman
2012-05-13, 20:21

HAHAHA Yeah that was funny!

For me the other funny part where these 3,
1 ) “This is bad! It’s dangerous to leave that breast alone! A breast which responds to being summoned! A breast which replenishes Sekiryuutei’s power! We won’t know what will happen next! The one which is the most dangerous isn’t the Two-Heavenly dragon or Ophis! It might be Rias Gremory’s breast! Sekiryuutei and Rias Gremory. When these two are together it creates miracles number of times…… And the thing which is the “key” for” it is…….that breast!”
You don’t have to say that out loud with a serious face!

2) Please no! At this rate your oppai will….! The oppai I dearly love will disappear!”
“It might be temporarily! It might get back to the original size once I taka a sleep!”
“Even so, I don’t want to see your oppai getting smaller! I would rather die then to……!”
I will pick death! I don’t want to live by having the breast of the woman I love disappear! Rias made a smile while crying.
Thank you Ise. But this is okay! For me, fighting alongside you makes me happy. –I love you Ise!”
FLOW.
I started to manly cry underneath the armour!
…….She is such a wonderful woman! The woman I fell in love with! She is the best woman there is! I’m glad that I fell in love with Rias! I then shouted the name of the woman I love!
“I also love you Rias! Rias! Rias! Rias!”
Hearing my love call, Rias screams with teary voice!
“We will always be together Ise! Ise! Ise! Ise!”

3) The field which doesn’t even have a weed left.
Yes. The power of love between me and Rias finally wiped out Grim Reapers and the only ones left are Siegfried, Georg, and Pluto. But the sacrifice was too large…..
-Rias’s breast is already flat.
As a result of sending the power of breast to me, her Oppai started get reduced and now there isn’t anything left. Even if she says that it will return to normal if she rests, seeing her state makes me sad and it is hard to endure. If it is this small, it doesn’t have any difference with Koneko-chan now….!
I started to cry a lot when I compared Rias and Koneko-chan’s breast.
HIT!
Konek-chan threw something to my head from the 30th floor of the hotel. I didn’t say anything, but she might have guessed by looking at my eyes. Sensei who made his distance with Pluto landed besides me. Pluto also landed on their side

To me that was funny!

dragonroots
2012-05-13, 22:32
@sky never underestimate a cats eyesight, they have far better eyesight than humans, it's no wonder she saw Ise's face.

The second one i saw little comedy and all romance, and one of the best after the confession.

Seigfried's reaction was hilarious, though Azazel's reaction was by far the funniest, so much so that even Ise told him to “Shuuuuut up!! Just shut up and fight you idiot Governor!”.

fazri
2012-05-13, 23:23
draig mentally broken confirmed.

sky black swordman
2012-05-14, 00:33
draig mentally broken confirmed.

Maybe, but the final bowl came from GR sing the the Oppai dragon theme .:)

JAGI_X
2012-05-14, 00:41
Maybe, but the final bowl came from GR sing the the Oppai dragon theme .:)

LoL poor Ddraig and we didn't expect from GR to sing the the Oppai dragon theme .:D

Soji
2012-05-14, 01:13
HAHAHA Yeah that was funny!

For me the other funny part where these 3,
1 ) “This is bad! It’s dangerous to leave that breast alone! A breast which responds to being summoned! A breast which replenishes Sekiryuutei’s power! We won’t know what will happen next! The one which is the most dangerous isn’t the Two-Heavenly dragon or Ophis! It might be Rias Gremory’s breast! Sekiryuutei and Rias Gremory. When these two are together it creates miracles number of times…… And the thing which is the “key” for” it is…….that breast!”
You don’t have to say that out loud with a serious face!

2) Please no! At this rate your oppai will….! The oppai I dearly love will disappear!”
“It might be temporarily! It might get back to the original size once I taka a sleep!”
“Even so, I don’t want to see your oppai getting smaller! I would rather die then to……!”
I will pick death! I don’t want to live by having the breast of the woman I love disappear! Rias made a smile while crying.
Thank you Ise. But this is okay! For me, fighting alongside you makes me happy. –I love you Ise!”
FLOW.
I started to manly cry underneath the armour!
…….She is such a wonderful woman! The woman I fell in love with! She is the best woman there is! I’m glad that I fell in love with Rias! I then shouted the name of the woman I love!
“I also love you Rias! Rias! Rias! Rias!”
Hearing my love call, Rias screams with teary voice!
“We will always be together Ise! Ise! Ise! Ise!”

3) The field which doesn’t even have a weed left.
Yes. The power of love between me and Rias finally wiped out Grim Reapers and the only ones left are Siegfried, Georg, and Pluto. But the sacrifice was too large…..
-Rias’s breast is already flat.
As a result of sending the power of breast to me, her Oppai started get reduced and now there isn’t anything left. Even if she says that it will return to normal if she rests, seeing her state makes me sad and it is hard to endure. If it is this small, it doesn’t have any difference with Koneko-chan now….!
I started to cry a lot when I compared Rias and Koneko-chan’s breast.
HIT!
Konek-chan threw something to my head from the 30th floor of the hotel. I didn’t say anything, but she might have guessed by looking at my eyes. Sensei who made his distance with Pluto landed besides me. Pluto also landed on their side

To me that was funny!
Agree this one was funny. Also we can really blame Seigfried from what he say.:pStill i agree with dragonroots the one from Azazel was more funny .
Also Koneko reaction was funny as well...she seem to read ise pretty well:p
Don't that i blame her ,I mean ise just thought something really bad :heh:

LoL poor Ddraig and we didn't expect from GR to sing the the Oppai dragon theme .:D
Think about better on this one i don't think it's so strange in the end. Knowing how GR is and that he have the power of dream. But yeah this was really the last blow for the poor Ddraig.:heh:

JAGI_X
2012-05-14, 01:21
Agree this one was funny. Also we can really blame Seigfried from what he say.:pStill i agree with dragonroots the one from Azazel was more funny .
Also Koneko reaction was funny as well...she seem to read ise pretty well:p
Don't that i blame her ,I mean ise just thought something really bad :heh:

Think about better on this one i don't think it's so strange in the end. Knowing how GR is and that he have the power of dream. But yeah this was really the last blow for the poor Ddraig.:heh:

Well you remmber in vol 7 Ddraig cry and gone crazy when he said "oooooooooooooh! Nobody believes the Oppai Dragon! It's not my fault! It's all his, it's all partner's fault!" Ddraig's crying voice.

sky black swordman
2012-05-15, 04:29
hahaha ddraig will go definitly go insane because of issei.. xDD

Its not will but has or has shown way to many signs of him going insane. :heh:

Here two new topics to talk about

1) Is Akeno really as brave no what I mean is she always says she is ready to have sex with Issei anytime he wants but from what I saw in vol 7 during thier date when they when to a love hotel she got really shy, quite, and nervous plus embarrassed. I think when it comes down to it and it is time to have sex with Issei she will be scared and all the other things I said.. Maybe more then Rias. Well then again it will be her first time so its to be expected.

2) It why do many not all pure blood devils and old devils too see themself as superior beings and have so much pride , when they are not. When it comes down to it the dragons are the strongest beings in DxD universe I mean it took the leaders of all 3 factions to take down the two red and white heavenly dragon emperors. Even then the they and the 4 maou and the other factions hold a candle to the Divine Dragons Ophis and GR.

Azure-Priest
2012-05-15, 07:30

1) Is Akeno really as brave no what I mean is she always says she is ready to have sex with Issei anytime he wants but from what I saw in vol 7 during thier date when they when to a love hotel she got really shy, quite, and nervous plus embarrassed. I think when it comes down to it and it is time to have sex with Issei she will be scared and all the other things I said.. Maybe more then Rias. Well then again it will be her first time so its to be expected.

2) It why do many not all pure blood devils and old devils too see themself as superior beings and have so much pride , when they are not. When it comes down to it the dragons are the strongest beings in DxD universe I mean it took the leaders of all 3 factions to take down the two red and white heavenly dragon emperors. Even then the they and the 4 maou and the other factions hold a candle to the Divine Dragons Ophis and GR.

1.) It's the thrill of being "naughty" and "stealing from Rias" that excites her, not so much the prospect of sex with Issei itself. (Although he DOES make her very happy.)

2.) Inbreeding to the point of idiocy. They (mostly the "old maou") have been telling each other how "superior" they are for so long that they believe it regardless of any and all evidence to the contrary. Issei gave Shalba in Vol 11 an audition so Shalba could prove himself worthy of the title "Maou" that he's been spreading about. Shalba failed MISERABLY and his only retort was "YOU DIRTY DRAGON! (Eyes go wild, starts foaming at the mouth.)" He keeps repeating that over and over again until Issei finally puts him out of his misery.

XFire
2012-05-15, 10:06

2) It why do many not all pure blood devils and old devils too see themself as superior beings and have so much pride , when they are not. When it comes down to it the dragons are the strongest beings in DxD universe I mean it took the leaders of all 3 factions to take down the two red and white heavenly dragon emperors. Even then the they and the 4 maou and the other factions can't hold a candle to the Divine Dragons Ophis and GR.

1) No, I don't think she is. I think she knows what Ise likes, and is trying to keep up the image she had when he was first attracted to her. Not to say she doesn't like ecchi stuff, but as Ise frequently notices, she and Rias are really just normal girls.

2) Before the truce, they were in a three-way racial war for complete extermination. That kind of conflict would obviously breed superiority issues. Besides, it's a common trick for authors to make middle-level characters with over-inflated pride as foils to the main characters strength and humility.

Or potentially we're reading too much into it, and the author just likes Akeno that way, and the nobles are jerks because they're jerks.

dragonroots
2012-05-15, 10:36

I think before v7, she would have been absolutely terrified at the start, but she would probably go through with it (she did genuinely love him before v7, her feelings just reached their peak at the end of v7). After v7 i don't think she would be at all scared, in v11 if Ise had lost his virginity to Rias already i think she would have jumped Ise the second she got the chance. After v12, i don't think she will have any reservations about when she jumps him, same with the other girls, i have no doubt that the girls are gonna be seducing him left right and center (to the point where i think even Ise may start running to get some alone time) with the exception of Irina who has to keep herself pure both in heart and body for reasons already discussed.

Edit:For those who are questioning whether Irina wants to become a fallen angel (most posts in question and answer thread):

How many times am i gonna have to say this "IRINA DOES NOT WANT TO BECOME A FALLEN ANGEL!", she wants to remain an angel. Irina becomes confused when Ise compliments or touches her (even if by accident) because she is denying her feelings in order to remain an angel, due to the confusion, Irina's thoughts flash between pure and impure, it is those impure thoughts that cause her to flicker between fallen and pure, when she says to Ise both times "do you want me to become fallen", it is more of her trying to tell him off because if he continues she will become a fallen.

I apologize for getting a little upset here, i'm just a little frustrated that people seem to think Irina "wants" to become a fallen angel.

Mammon
2012-05-19, 07:09
Someone mentioned that vali and ise will wait to be on even terms to fight,I personally don't believe this,I think that ise will always be behind vali even though he now has even capabilitys or even more than vali.
I just hope the author makes it so vali gets a even better power just so the rivalry will continue,these are my feelings anyway

Azure-Priest
2012-05-19, 07:27
Someone mentioned that vali and ise will wait to be on even terms to fight,I personally don't believe this,I think that ise will always be behind vali even though he now has even capabilitys or even more than vali.
I just hope the author makes it so vali gets a even better power just so the rivalry will continue,these are my feelings anyway

That IS the author's stated goal, yes.

Vali will ALWAYS be ahead of Ise, forcing him to improve.

JAGI_X
2012-05-19, 09:21
@Azure-Priest I remmber that Issei said he wants to catch up with Vali and saigoro too.

rickiminato
2012-05-19, 13:16
it is assumed that the most powerful beings in this series are the two divine dragons ophis and great red so I think the future antagonist of the series is a third divine dragon with equal power to great red and ophis

Uberchu
2012-05-19, 13:19
I'm pretty sure that Ise will eventually surpass Vali considering the title is High School Dxd. It's pretty obvious Ise will take the title DxD and become the strongest dragon.

XFire
2012-05-19, 16:01
Vali will always be stronger than Ise on paper, and if they have a friendly match, or even an all out fight with just the two of them, Vali will always win.

However, the second one of the girls, or hell, even Kiba or Gasper, is endangered by one of Vali's actions, there isn't enough power in heaven and hell together to save him from Ise.

Soji
2012-05-19, 16:08
rickiminato @ Wait . I thought this is something that fit better the Speculation & Theories topic.:heh:

Uberchu @ You do realize that Ise already fit the High school dxd title right? He had a body made from Dxd flesh even ophis say that his body it's almost the same a Dxd or something along this line in vol 12(because her power).

XFire@ Or that he use Dd again Rias or akeno oppai (or both).:heh:
But i agree with what you say.

Uberchu
2012-05-19, 16:40
I always interpreted the Dxd as meaning the strongest. You know, like King of kings. And it would be pretty lame for Ise to never reach his goal of catching up to Vali. It'd be like if Goku stayed weaker than Vegeta after throughout the entire story.

XFire
2012-05-19, 16:43
rickiminato @ Wait . I thought this is something that fit better the Speculation & Theories topic.:heh:

Uberchu @ You do realize that Ise already fit the High school dxd title right? He had a body made from Dxd flesh even ophis say that his body it's almost the same a Dxd or something along this line in vol 12(because her power).

XFire@ Or that he use Dd again Rias or akeno oppai (or both).:heh:
But i agree with what you say.

If Vali did that.... Ise would just use Boost :D

In a more serious note, I really can't see Ise ever going for Vali's blood like he did with Shalba. It's when Ise stops acting perverted and starts getting serious that things go to hell in a hand basket.

Which may be the Authors point. Every time Ise does something you'd expect from a "King of Destruction", it never ends well. Contrast that to the silly but heart-warming (and slightly embarrassing) role of the Chichiryutei, where he saves people from their darkness without even trying, and it's pretty clear what the author thinks of the traditional shonen beat-everyone, be-the-best-and-strongest type character.

Or I'm reading to much into it, and the author does it for fun :p

@Uberchu That's the point. Both Goku and Vegeta sought strength for the sake of being strong, like Vali. Ise seeks strength because if he doesn't, someone will hurt the people he loves.

Awrya
2012-05-19, 17:11
Vali will always be stronger than Ise on paper, and if they have a friendly match, or even an all out fight with just the two of them, Vali will always win.

However, the second one of the girls, or hell, even Kiba or Gasper, is endangered by one of Vali's actions, there isn't enough power in heaven and hell together to save him from Ise.

Actually, Sakra made a comparison between Ise and Cao Cao
Ise is B in normal mode & serious mode but SSS when some crisis happens, while Cao Cao is B in normal and S in serious mode.

Making the same comparison with Vali, would he be B in normal and (at least) S+(or SS) in serious?

Log
2012-05-19, 17:23
I always interpreted the Dxd as meaning the strongest. You know, like King of kings. And it would be pretty lame for Ise to never reach his goal of catching up to Vali. It'd be like if Goku stayed weaker than Vegeta after throughout the entire story.

Expect Goku suprassed Vegata by far once the Android arc rolls around. It was more of a one sided rivalary at that point.

I think that a rival that always stays one step ahead is more interesting then a one sided rivalary.

Ise is B in normal mode & serious mode but SSS when some crisis happens, while Cao Cao is B in normal and S in serious mode.

Making the same comparison with Vali, would he be B in normal and (at least) S+(or SS) in serious?

We shouldn't take Indra to seriously as he was most likely talking about Issei's future potential more so then Issei's current potential. Also at volume 12 Issei is still far weaker then Vali as both Issei and Cao Cao (who is as strong if not stronger than Issei) admited that Vali would defeat them.

XFire
2012-05-19, 17:46

I don't think Vali has a non-serious mode...

But if S is god-level (or Dai-Maou level, whatever) than serious Vali would be SSS as well. He can't beat Ise if Ise is protecting someone with his life on the line, but he could bring Ise down with him. Vali is probably the only person who can keep up with Ise once he goes Chichiryutei-mode (his pervy-but-serious mode, like with Loki)

JAGI_X
2012-05-19, 22:28
About Issei and Vali is more like DBZ you know like goku who try's to become stronger and Vegeta who try's to fight or beat Goku.
don't you think guy's is quite similar for both of them.

Log
2012-05-19, 22:36
About Issei and Vali is more like DBZ you know like goku who try's to become stronger and Vegeta who try's to fight or beat Goku.
don't you think guy's is quite similar for both of them.

Not really. Goku doesn't take Vegeta seriously after the frieza saga because Goku became so much stronger then Vegeta. Once the Buu arc rolls around the only reason why their "rivalery" continues is because Vegeta insists so.

Issei and Vali on the other hand have a more even rivalery. Issei wants to catch up with Vali and Vali wants Issei to catch up to him. They both consider each other opponents to defeat as opposed to the rather lackluster rivalery that Dragon Ball Z had.

JAGI_X
2012-05-19, 22:42
Not really. Goku doesn't take Vegeta seriously after the frieza saga because Goku became so much stronger then Vegeta. Once the Buu arc rolls around the only reason why their "rivalery" continues is because Vegeta insists so.

Issei and Vali on the other hand have a more even rivalery. Issei wants to catch up with Vali and Vali wants Issei to catch up to him. They both consider each other opponents to defeat as opposed to the rather lackluster rivalery that Dragon Ball Z had.

Well we know that Issei will take his training seriously and he will take it to the next level like if he could use the same Harsh training like Rias cousin sairogo.

Log
2012-05-19, 22:57
I would assume that the next power-up for Ise would be related to his new body, or mastering the Divine Dividing he stole from Vali (I believe the author mentioned this in vol 12 afterword?)

Though if Ise were to get the same level of Touki as Sairong.... that would be cheating. Just plain cheating. The boost in Ise's strength is based of his own base level, which is about a normal mid-level devil (this is without BG). If his base level was that high, he'd be invincible in CCQ. No exceptions.

No not really. The boast is determined by how much power Ddraig can give him. Ddraig himself has a limited amount so for example if Ddraig boasted Ophis it wouldn't double her power because Ophis herself already is more then double Ddraig. I suspect a 10% increase in power is all we've got if Ophis has boasted gear.

If Issei get Touki then it would be Issei's base mode + Ddraigs power in CCQ. Pretty sure that it still can't equal the likes of GR or Ophis. It would certainly be stronger then the likes of Indra however.

sky black swordman
2012-05-19, 23:00
Expect Goku suprassed Vegata by far once the Android arc rolls around. It was more of a one sided rivalary at that point.

I think that a rival that always stays one step ahead is more interesting then a one sided rivalary.

We shouldn't take Indra to seriously as he was most likely talking about Issei's future potential more so then Issei's current potential. Also at volume 12 Issei is still far weaker then Vali as both Issei and Cao Cao (who is as strong if not stronger than Issei) admited that Vali would defeat them.

Look when DBZ started Vegata stronger then goku. but after the his fight with vegeta goku became more stronger then vegeta. After every time Vegeta caught up to him or surpass him or so he thought goku gain a new power and became stronger and that became their relationship. Goku always being ahead of him while struggling to keep up.
They had reasons to get stronger
Vegeta pride,arrogance, and a superiority complex and after he meet goku inferiority complex.
Goku a desired to fight, a desired to protected the earth, and all his loved ones that lived on it. As well as innocent people.

Issei and Vail are some way like they but not all of them.

Vail is pure battle freak and he may little prideful and arrogant but he care more about fighting strong opponents and becoming stronger. After he beats all the strongest opponents there is he said himself he will just go die.

Issei wants power and to get stronger to become top class devil so can become a harem king but has more to do with status, The real reasons for him to get more power and to get stronger are Rias dream, to protect with loved ones, so rias never cries again, and to make sure what happend to Asia never happens to anybody he cares about.
He himself in vol 3 or 4 mention if he was stronger Asia would still be human and hints he may regert the fact that Asia died and became a devil and also the fact that Rias cried during the or after the RG. Both times he wish's he was stronger during both incidents.

Indra was more then likely talk about the current Issei and not Issei's future potential. Doubt he knows about the Divine Dragons involvement in creating Issei's new body

sky black swordman
2012-05-19, 23:08
Well if i think Ophis might help him in his training and ofcures the other's as well.

But i think he will take his training in to the next level.

I agree the facts are Issei is something of DxD with the power of Ophis . He something similar to a Divine Dragon he need s some like Ophis to help master him possible new power or power or he may become a danger to himself or those around him.

Azazel can not help him because he is not a dragon. Ddraig can help understand him to an extent.

Log
2012-05-19, 23:09
Look when DBZ started Vegata stronger then goku. but after the his fight with vegeta goku became more stronger then vegeta. After every time Vegeta caught up to him or surpass him or so he thought goku gain a new power and became stronger and that became their relationship. Goku always being ahead of him while struggling to keep up.
They had reasons to get stronger
Vegeta pride,arrogance, and a superiority complex and after he meet goku inferiority complex.
Goku a desired to fight, a desired to protected the earth, and all his loved ones that lived on it. As well as innocent people.

Issei and Vail are some way like they but not all of them.

Vail is pure battle freak and he may little prideful and arrogant but he care more about fighting strong opponents and becoming stronger. After he beats all the strongest opponents there is he said himself he will just go die.

Issei wants power and to get stronger to become top class devil so can become a harem king but has more to do with status, The real reasons for him to get more power and to get stronger are Rias dream, to protect with loved ones, so rias never cries again, and to make sure what happend to Asia never happens to anybody he cares about.
He himself in vol 3 or 4 mention if he was stronger Asia would still be human and hints he may regert the fact that Asia died and became a devil and also the fact that Rias cried during the or after the RG. Both times he wish's he was stronger during both incidents.

Indra was more then likely talk about the current Issei a not Issei's future potential. Doubt he knows about the Divine Dragons involvement in creating Issei's new body

The thing about Goku and Vegeta is that once the Freiza saga is over Goku never takes Vegeta seriously again until Vegeta has a face heel turn. Even then Goku still wasn't treating Vegeta with complete seriousness. Hell the whole point of Vegeta's monolouge during the Kid Buu arc was him acknowledging that Goku is forever ahead of him.

Vali and Issei had a more "fair" rivalary in that regrad. Issei wants to catch up to Vali because he see's Vali as the strongest target. Vali wants Issei to catch up to him because he feels Issei could give him a good fight.

He was likely talking about future Issei because curent Issei is still only equal to Cao Cao at best. So in other words Issei is S rank at best. Also Indra doesn't have to know about the Divine Dragon's involvement considering that even without this new body Issei still has to master CCQ and obtain subspieces. Factoring in these two power ups would raise Issei's threat level by a huge amount.

sky black swordman
2012-05-19, 23:18
The thing about Goku and Vegeta is that once the Freiza saga is over Goku never takes Vegeta seriously again until Vegeta has a face heel turn. Even then Goku still wasn't treating Vegeta with complete seriousness. Hell the whole point of Vegeta's monolouge during the Kid Buu arc was him acknowledging that Goku is forever ahead of him.

Vali and Issei had a more "fair" rivalary in that regrad. Issei wants to catch up to Vali because he see's Vali as the strongest target. Vali wants Issei to catch up to him because he feels Issei could give him a good fight.

He was likely talking about future Issei because curent Issei is still only equal to Cao Cao at best. So in other words Issei is S rank at best. Also Indra doesn't have to know about the Divine Dragon's involvement considering that even without this new body Issei still has to master CCQ and obtain subspieces. Factoring in these two power ups would raise Issei's threat level by a huge amount.

Yeah thats true.

On Issei and Vails rivalary thats true as well he has mentioned he wants Issei to catch up to him.

If what you turns out to fact then Indra has made some costly miscalculation. On Issei's future potential.
Indra forr some reason I get the feeling he may have knew about Issei for a while now even before vol 10. In vol 9 sun wukong may have hint to this when he told Issei he was still in danger.

JAGI_X
2012-05-20, 00:44
I agree the facts are Issei is something of DxD with the power of Ophis . He something similar to a Divine Dragon he need s some like Ophis to help master him possible new power or power or he may become a danger to himself or those around him.

Azazel can not help him because he is not a dragon. Ddraig can help understand him to an extent.

But Issei need to improve his demonic powers that's was Azazel said to him I think.
Both Ddraig and Ophis will help Issei to mastered his new power so i think both of them will help him to understand to an extent.

1upspud
2012-05-20, 10:07
I don't think Indra knows that during the fight with Loki Ise talked with the Breast Fairy or that there is a God of Breast. So he wouldn't know that another god is backing Ise. So Indra prob has no idea of Ise's future potential. Indra is just a punk who even though he's a god he want's to be the only power in the DXD world. I'm thinking that sooner or later he will try to kill Hades himself to keep him quite about what he's really up to.

ReaperxKingx
2012-05-20, 10:12
Hades will probably stay out of the Underworld as much as possible after what happen in vol 12. Indra, we don't know what he is planning but we do know he has bad intentions. He was the one who made Hades release Samael for the Hero Faction to use it against Ophis, Vali, Great Red if he showed up, and Ise (causing him to get a new body).

Akumasama
2012-05-20, 10:36
Came with the ophis short story (1st of 2 pages):
Enjoy~

[mod edit: removed raw picture; not allowed per Forum Rule 1.1]

The ophis short story doesn't have any images as such, except for two ad like images.

ReaperxKingx
2012-05-20, 10:40
Can't see photo or image my friend. This was the Short Story about Ophis that Nom@n told us about coming out in May. Base from the picture in the Social Group. It is most likely Ophis trying to adjust to Normal Life with Ise since after vol 12 she is living or should I say be with him all the time. http://forums.animesuki.com/picture.php?groupid=765&pictureid=44654

Awrya
2012-05-20, 14:40
^Ophis has a brooch (I think it is called) with the UK flag on it. Maybe it is her touring the world to understand humans better when Ise&co are at school?

sky black swordman
2012-05-20, 18:03
^Ophis has a brooch (I think it is called) with the UK flag on it. Maybe it is her touring the world to understand humans better when Ise&co are at school?

She has lived in the human world for a while since she left the DG . So I doubt she has not seen the whole world.

Yye1
2012-05-20, 18:22
The Ophis SS is out? Wats it about?

mangafreak7793
2012-05-26, 14:03
So Orpheus Ss a fight between Albion and ddrag?

dragonroots
2012-05-30, 13:24
v5 was updated, Ise got the legendary breast sandwich, lucky bastard. This moment is easily in my top 3 favourite moments in this series. Also rofl at "raw milk".

relentlessflame
2012-05-30, 15:26
FYI: I moved a bunch of posts to Speculation & Theories, as was recommended.

sky black swordman
2012-05-30, 17:53
v5 was updated, Ise got the legendary breast sandwich, lucky bastard. This moment is easily in my top 3 favourite moments in this series. Also rofl at "raw milk".

Yeah just found out . Yes he is one . Not in mine but still great.

"Stop it! Ise’s body is mine! Who do you think trained and raised this child!? It’s the fruits of my labours that made the sensation of embracing him like this the best! From this child’s hair to his entire body, everything is mine!

Wow thats really possessive Rias.

[No…Aaaun, even though I haven’t made that child do this kind of thing yet…S-Stop it…I decided that that child would be my first…Aaann…]

This part I found very intresting.

dragonroots
2012-05-30, 18:05
@sky it's Rias we're talking about, she's shown that she is extremely possessive of Ise since v1 (more so at the end of v2 since that's when she fell in love with him), and considering she now has to deal with Akeno being in love with Ise, it's rightful that she becomes even more possessive of him, in v4 during the pool scene she said "I won't share Ise with anyone, well Asia but that can't be helped" shows she even hates sharing with Asia whom she's acknowledged she has to share with. Of the harem, Akeno is the one that Rias really has to watch out for cause she is more aggressive than she is (Asia clings to him like glue but isn't nearly as aggressive).

sky black swordman
2012-05-30, 18:40
@sky it's Rias we're talking about, she's shown that she is extremely possessive of Ise since v1 (more so at the end of v2 since that's when she fell in love with him), and considering she now has to deal with Akeno being in love with Ise, it's rightful that she becomes even more possessive of him, in v4 during the pool scene she said "I won't share Ise with anyone, well Asia but that can't be helped" shows she even hates sharing with Asia whom she's acknowledged she has to share with. Of the harem, Akeno is the one that Rias really has to watch out for cause she is more aggressive than she is (Asia clings to him like glue but isn't nearly as aggressive).

Well not really I think at that time she was in a way trying to push Issei and Asia together and at the end of volume 2 she stopped because she fell for him too and the well you know said " Asia. I’m sorry but this is how it is. Is it alright if this is a proclamation of war?” .

If Asia had more time before the whole thing in vol 2 Rias chances of getting Issei would have been harder . If it became like she would have regreted her actions.
And Rias sees Asia as compation too Volume 4 life 0 tells you that ;
Buchou’s face changed into a sharp expression. She raised her eyebrows.
“Get away Asia; since it’s this situation I will say it clearly. This boy is mine. My family and my servant. He’s my Ise. Understood?”
Then Asia 'That may be true. But he’s my Ise-san as well!”
Upon hearing Asia’s words, Buchou narrowed her eyes. Onee-sama, I am scared! Weren’t they intimate friends until just a moment ago! Why did it have to become like this!
Buchou was trying to slightly separate Asia from me but Asia was stubbornly clinging to me!
“No, No! I am holding it in too! I also want to be with Ise-san!”
Asia shook her head sideways and hugged me tightly! Ah, Whatever! No-Nose bleed…!
Asia looked at me with hazy eyes as if she wanted to tell me something.
Don’t look at me with those eyes. I will only want to care for you even more.
“…”
Even though she didn’t say anything, Buchou’s face twitched. Suddenly she took my hand and…

[Boing]
She placed my hand on her boobs. My fingers and palm felt an extreme softness! While my hand was asleep, it was massaging her boobs, but Buchou wasn’t complaining!
“Has Asia done such a thing? Mine and Ise's relationship is such that we can do these things.”

All of this tells me she thinks Asia is a real rival. " Buchou’s face twitched" tell me may in her she like " oh crap is she going to confess to Issei' or" The way Ise is looking at her is he falling for more " .

dragonroots
2012-05-30, 18:56
@sky I'm not saying Rias doesn't see Asia as a rival, i'm just saying that in the entire harem Akeno is the one she fears most. Akeno is one who will not only defy Rias but will challenge her while she is standing right next to Ise, shown in the hot spring scene in v5 and the cosplay scene in v6.

And in v1 while she wasn't as possessive of Ise she still was possessive, the difference was since she wasn't in love with him she shared him with the others completely willingly, this changed at the end of v2 where she fought to keep Ise as much to herself as possible.

XFire
2012-05-30, 22:50
@sky I'm not saying Rias doesn't see Asia as a rival, i'm just saying that in the entire harem Akeno is the one she fears most. Akeno is one who will not only defy Rias but will challenge her while she is standing right next to Ise, shown in the hot spring scene in v5 and the cosplay scene in v6.

And in v1 while she wasn't as possessive of Ise she still was possessive, the difference was since she wasn't in love with him she shared him with the others completely willingly, this changed at the end of v2 where she fought to keep Ise as much to herself as possible.

Pretty much this. Though it might have something to do with Akeno actually having bigger breasts than Rias, since Ise is a huge boob maniac. Also, the thing with Asia is that rather than accept that she has to share, she's forced to admit that at that point Asia is sharing with her.

I do say at this point, since Rias is obviously the one he confessed to, but for the first couple of volumes after Two, Rias was essentially poaching. Asia was in love with Ise from vol 1, is more or less completely dependent on him, and Rias feels the need to declare "war" on her at the end of vol 2.

Either way, though, everyone is more or less settled on "harem" by vol 11 and 12.

fazri
2012-05-30, 23:02
nom@n thank you very much for the updates.
even i'm the ones who beg you to translate vol 12 i get suprised by how much you translate since my request 2 weeks ago.

i lough so hard when i read reaction of zenovia and rossweisse.
all girl think ise will some how baack because he want to touck akeno and rias oppai.

dragonroots
2012-05-30, 23:04
@XFire you kiddin me, they were settled on harem by v4, all were aware he wanted a harem (including Asia, though she was at first against it) and by v4 Koneko had started showing interest (once again knowing he wants a harem), Akeno declared she wanted 3rd position, Xenovia wasn't too concerned with it at all (she literally declared she wants his child in their first full 1on1 conversation), Irina is clearly fine with him having a harem (evident by her reaction to Ise groping Xenovia and Asia), and Ross... no concrete confirmation she's okay with it, Ravel apparently doesn't care what position she's in she just wants in (goin by wikipedia on that one, since that SS involving her hasn't been translated). Not to mention end of v4 all the girls move in with him, if that's not a confirmation that they've settled on harem then idk what is.

XFire
2012-05-30, 23:12
@XFire you kiddin me, they were settled on harem by v4, all were aware he wanted a harem (including Asia, though she was at first against it) and by v4 Koneko had started showing interest (once again knowing he wants a harem), Akeno declared she wanted 3rd position, Xenovia wasn't too concerned with it at all (she literally declared she wants his child in their first full 1on1 conversation), Irina is clearly fine with him having a harem (evident by her reaction to Ise groping Xenovia and Asia), and Ross... no concrete confirmation she's okay with it, Ravel apparently doesn't care what position she's in she just wants in (goin by wikipedia on that one, since that SS involving her hasn't been translated). Not to mention end of v4 all the girls move in with him, if that's not a confirmation that they've settled on harem then idk what is.

Eep, have mercy :heh:

Not what I meant, though. All I meant was they've all gotten over there various insecurities or problems (Asia - worried about being "little sister zoned", Akeno - Father problems, Rias - Call by name/officially going out, Koneko - This was fuzzy, I think she was insecure after Ise confessed to Rias?) by the end of vol 11. Naturally Ise had to die EXACTLY THEN, but now he's back so whatever.

And the part I specifically saw as "This is now officially harem" was the lovey-dovey scene with Rias, where all the other girls talk about the calming effect it had on them. Before that there was still competition. Not so much after.

dragonroots
2012-05-31, 11:18
@XFire ahh now i see what you mean, you mean when they all have their positions solidified in his harem, not when they get settled that he's going to have a harem. I think with Koneko her issue was that she felt she was furthest behind because she was the youngest and (though Ise cared for her deeply) was abit off of Ise's radar (ie. she wasn't really considered to be part of his harem in Ise's eyes). This was most definitely fixed in v11 where she became the first one to ask to marry him (pretty sure Rias may have been a little pissed that she wasn't the first on that one).

Xaturas
2012-05-31, 11:39
This is one of few if not the only series I read where Harem is the only option.
In most titles harem is created, but main character still picks up one girl. Here you can just read Ise opinion in translated parts of v11, where he literally wants to get back so he can screw Rias, do the same with Akeno, make a child with Xenovia, and wait for Asia/Koneko development so he can hump them to. Ravel family also stated in translated part that she wanted to get in his harem no matter if as piece or lover, and they stated that they hoped it would happen so, considering Ise status in underworld.

If this novel had more mature content. Then Akeno would already do it with him at vol 3 when she sucked his dragon power. Same for Xenovia at pool. Rias and Asia would either do a threesome at bath fight or even sooner. Koneko probably at her matting season or maybe sooner.

Still I wonder how will author progress things. Ise literally wants to get some as soon as he gets back. Will author deliver or just run around the bush, we will see. I myself hope that there will be some more mature content. Even if not *graphically* depicted, per se explanation o how the sex went. Just some info like "that night I slept with Rias for the first time" etc.

dragonroots
2012-05-31, 12:02
@Xaturas the way i want it depicted is one of two ways.

1. He wakes up in v14 and after a small bit of dialogue in life 0, it ends with "Last night, i lost my virginity".

2. On his way to school he has all the girls literally hanging off him (hugging Rias from behind, Asia and Akeno on either of his arms, and Koneko riding on his back) and when he gets to school Matsuda and Motohama punch him into the same pillar as the start of the series and ask what the hell is going on to which he replies "Matsuda, Motohama... I have ascended to a place you will never reach." or something to that effect.

isak
2012-05-31, 12:10
ThlIf this novel had more mature content. Then Akeno would already do it with him at vol 3 when she sucked his dragon power. Same for Xenovia at pool. Rias and Asia would either do a threesome at bath fight or even sooner. Koneko probably at her matting season or maybe sooner.

Still I wonder how will author progress things. Ise literally wants to get some as soon as he gets back. Will author deliver or just run around the bush, we will see. I myself hope that there will be some more mature content. Even if not *graphically* depicted, per se explanation o how the sex went. Just some info like "that night I slept with Rias for the first time" etc.

author can't his publisher won't let go any further. He should have sucked Rias's boobs for bb but poke wa the only allowed by the publisher. They've prob got him on a long contract for dxd so we won't see graphic scenes unless he pulls a move like ntk diary author. Publish more graphic future with a different company

Xaturas
2012-05-31, 12:15
author can't his publisher won't let go any further. He should have sucked Rias's boobs for bb but poke wa the only allowed by the publisher. They've prob got him on a long contract for dxd so we won't see graphic scenes unless he pulls a move like ntk diary author. Publish more graphic future with a different company

That just strange. First of all in most if not all of first volumes (1-2-3 and go on) he was saying about his Editor making him unleash his Hentai beast.
Secondly what's there not to allow.
Most series can do it that kids reading it won't even get it. You can either *hint* that sex did happen. Or just as I previously said, state that previous night Ise and girl X became one. There's no need to write something like Swords Art Online chapter 16.5
And many novels do have sex or mention of sex in it. Like Shana novel and that Magician & Kid boy sex before final battle (at least anime did show it so its probably in the novel to).

I really think that as long as they don't explicitly show or write about it, it is ok for some mature content mentioning.

XFire
2012-05-31, 12:31
@Xaturas the way i want it depicted is one of two ways.

1. He wakes up in v14 and after a small bit of dialogue in life 0, it ends with "Last night, i lost my virginity".

2. On his way to school he has all the girls literally hanging off him (hugging Rias from behind, Asia and Akeno on either of his arms, and Koneko riding on his back) and when he gets to school Matsuda and Motohama punch him into the same pillar as the start of the series and ask what the hell is going on to which he replies "Matsuda, Motohama... I have ascended to a place you will never reach." or something to that effect.

YES. There should be something like this soon. For crying out loud there isn't any excuse anymore. He's officially going out with Rias, the other girls have practically hit him over the head that they want his child, Koneko PROPOSED to him, I mean come on (or come in :cool:) already. Just let us know that their relationship has reached that point. It's not like they'd have to stop the fanservice scenes, or drastically change someone's personality.

Heck, all we really need is a scene were Ise wakes up one morning, thinking about the great dream he had. Then he looks over and sees Rias blushing and hiding her face under the covers

Ise: "THANK YOU GOOOOOOODDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh wait, he's dead."

isak
2012-05-31, 16:13
That just strange. First of all in most if not all of first volumes (1-2-3 and go on) he was saying about his Editor making him unleash his Hentai beast.
Secondly what's there not to allow.
Most series can do it that kids reading it won't even get it. You can either *hint* that sex did happen. Or just as I previously said, state that previous night Ise and girl X became one. There's no need to write something like Swords Art Online chapter 16.5
And many novels do have sex or mention of sex in it. Like Shana novel and that Magician & Kid boy sex before final battle (at least anime did show it so its probably in the novel to).

I really think that as long as they don't explicitly show or write about it, it is ok for some mature content mentioning.

He did(pool scene vol 4 and hot springs vol 5) then were not happy with this level of hentai they prob wanted pushing shounen ecchi not seinen that's all! Any chance for that he might take but it might be fairly vanilla if they think he went to hentai and overreact.

ccie20012
2012-05-31, 16:27
I agree that the author has to do sex scenes between Issei and Rias.
Don't make more details. End of date. A passionate kiss. The lights go out.

However, there is a problem. I don't think Rias agree share of Issei after sex.

But, however, on leaving the MC without sex? :) This will be reminded B Gata H Kei.
Comedy, when the heroes are trying to have sex, but they are always something in the way.

Soji
2012-05-31, 16:33
I cant belive that people really still think the girls like they was. We always at the same point....the girls are more mature than you guys think.And Rias already show that can share now even akeno point out something like this(more or less) in vol 11 .

Xaturas
2012-05-31, 16:38
I agree that the author has to do sex scenes between Issei and Rias.
Don't make more details. End of date. A passionate kiss. The lights go out.

However, there is a problem. I don't think Rias agree share of Issei after sex.

But, however, on leaving the MC without sex? :) This will be reminded B Gata H Kei.
Comedy, when the heroes are trying to have sex, but they are always something in the way.

But they did have sex in B gata H kei. I didn't read that manga because I didn't like the 4coma style. But just read that chapter where they did it, when I read about it on forum.

I cant belive that people really still think the girls like they was. We always at the same point....the girls are more mature than you guys think.And Rias already show that can share now even akeno point out something like this(more or less) in vol 11 .

That is also true, as of last Volume translation which I read. Most of them are ok with the idea. And the biggest (usually) cockblock aka Main Character, also wants to screw them all. So there is nothing in the way. Rias is the wife but she cannot stop the harem, she knows about it the best.

reccaryu
2012-06-03, 09:57
Rias might get jealous but if she is first and cause she knows his about his Harem King dream, I think she would be okay with at least Asia sleeping with Ise.

I think she would be more resistant with Akeno though unless its a 3-way :)

ReaperxKingx
2012-06-03, 10:22
As long as Rias is the number one in Ise's heart and Ise pays more attention to her, then it is no problem. Earlier there were conflicts with Rias and the others girl, but that changes when Rias and Ise became a couple. Rias in vol 11 didn't mind that Akeno give Ise a morning kiss (Don't know about other people, but morning kisses are the best and they lead to something else much more exciting). I just wonder if we get to read about Rias and Ise's date in vol 13. The last story of the last Short Stories volume had significant to the original storyline, hope it is the same for vol 13.

ccie20012
2012-06-03, 18:04
2ReaperxKingx

I would argue the fact about the kiss Akeno x Issei.
In my opinion it was not.
Maybe I misunderstood something.

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=High_School_DxD:Volume_11_Life_1

However, I agree to the 11 volume Rias am feeling very confident.

I just want to say, if the Rias said Isseyu I hate, if you have sex with other girls, then Issei not going to do.

Rias is a main in Rias x Issei (future family). Rias - sempai, Issei - kohai.

I'm not saying that she would say.
But if it is upset, then I think Issey will not do so (Harem King Issei or not).

sky black swordman
2012-06-03, 19:00
I agree with you guys that Rias has matured and has more confidence now that it is established she is Issei GF but I still think that jealousy will still be there not as much as before of course. It is one of cute points not jealousy but the faces she makes when she is.

I agree with ReaperxKingx "As long as Rias is the number one in Ise's heart and Ise pays more attention to her, then it is no problem. "

ccie20012 "I just want to say, if the Rias said Isseyu I hate, if you have sex with other girls, then Issei not going to do."
This is something she can never say because of the other girls. She knows how the other girls feel about him . And she has to or has accepted this fact.

VOl 8 Extra life Grayfia said to Rias "I think the part of you having it all to yourself soften a bit." I am sure this line is about Issei.

ccie20012
2012-06-03, 19:19
2sky black swordman
This is something she can never say because of the other girls.
Never Say Never Again (c) :)

"But he is “my” Ise, so this fact will never change.” (the fact) to "Ise only "my" in sex" one step.
IMHO.

But in any case I do not wanna see drama between the characters. Only vanilla story.

dragonroots
2012-06-03, 19:55
@ccie she said that to enforce that she is his no.1 girl and that she holds the majority of his affection and that nothing any of the girls do will change this. It's her way of holding authority over them in the harem so that they don't try anything stupid (like the "forbidden word" in worst case scenario) which Akeno wants to a far lesser degree (she wants him to cheat on Rias with her while still being completely faithful to Rias in terms of affection from my understanding).

ccie20012
2012-06-03, 20:23
@dragonroots
As we all said - all in the hands of the Rias. Perhaps because the author is not know a good solution to the problem "what to do with the other girls after sex main couples", we will not soon see sex scene. Possible solution - sex after marriage. A wedding will be the final arc. I feel sorry for Issa. I'm feel sorry for Rias. No, more of sorry for Issa. :) But this is just my hypothesis. Negative hypothesis.

sky black swordman
2012-06-03, 21:01
^ I doubt he will wait that long for "that" to happen. Like many have said before he most likely hint that they did it or omit to it.
And do you think Akeno will wait for sex she wants the affair to happen vol 11 life 1:

" And don’t you think it would turn you on if we started an affair so soon after you had confessed?” and
“Yes. Didn’t I say that I would be the candidate for your affair partner since a long time ago? My body is getting hot because I really want to start an affair with you.”
Rias knows she has to be careful and strike first or Akeno will be Issei first.

Something I found interesting is that Akeno like Rias want the mood to there to have sex but in vol 6 she said she was ready to 'accept" him any time.

NoirX
2012-06-04, 00:42
^ I doubt he will wait that long for "that" to happen. Like many have said before he most likely hint that they did it or omit to it.
And do you think Akeno will wait for sex she wants the affair to happen vol 11 life 1:

" And don’t you think it would turn you on if we started an affair so soon after you had confessed?” and
“Yes. Didn’t I say that I would be the candidate for your affair partner since a long time ago? My body is getting hot because I really want to start an affair with you.”
Rias knows she has to be careful and strike first or Akeno will be Issei first.

Something I found interesting is that Akeno like Rias want the mood to there to have sex but in vol 6 she said she was ready to 'accept" him any time.

By "anytime" she mean while the Rias-Ise relation on sex life has started of course

sky black swordman
2012-06-04, 01:35
By "anytime" she mean while the Rias-Ise relation on sex life has started of course

Is that so then tell in vol 7 during Akeno and Issei's , was she waiting for Issei and Rias sex life has started? No she was willing to got in to the love hotel with Issei if he went in.
In other words she was will to have or ready to have sex in the love hotel with Issei.

NoirX
2012-06-04, 03:09
Is that so then tell in vol 7 during Akeno and Issei's , was she waiting for Issei and Rias sex life has started? No she was willing to got in to the love hotel with Issei if he went in.
In other words she was will to have or ready to have sex in the love hotel with Issei.

At that time Akeno was in a desperate state when she meets Barakiel and her traumatic past memories resurfaces, its one of those times when people got desperate with their life and just wanna throw it away. Ise also said that Akeno that time wasn't herself.

Ise and Akeno's eyes meet, but the observant Ise sees the despair and self abandoning in Akeno's eyes.

Akeno leans closer and preapares to kiss Ise!

Ise thinks he won't be able to control himself if their lips meet.

This perfect chance, will Ise refuse the arrival of life's greatest pleasure?

-- But, no, this is not right.

Ise puts his hand on Akeno's shoulder and separates from her.

Ise feels his sanity slipping from the sensation of Akeno's soft skin.

But he forces himself.

"...What's wrong? Is my body unattractive ... ?"

Akeno asks, trembling.

"Impossible! It's the greatest! I cannot be satisfied no matter how many times I touch Akeno-san's voluptuous and soft breasts.

I want to hug Akeno-san's slim waist, feel that tight butt, those thighs are so captivating, I am completely satisfied with Akeno's entire body and I want to put my head against Akeno-san's breasts!"

"...In that case, go ahead. This is fine. I want to give my body to you, want to be embraced by your chest, forget everything...

I can do it in front of your eyes. Just a little bit more ... So why?"

"But, but why is your face so sad?

Whenever Akeno-san wants to seduce me you look so happy.

But I feel the current Akeno-san is only doing this to forget sad things."

"...Yes. So what will you do? If you hold me, even though battle is approaching, I will feel peace.

To be embraced by a man, will rest this uneasy feeling."

That, that is not right! Just a temporary moment of peace!

If that's the case, Akeno-san cannot move forward ever again!

Ise picks up Akeno's robe and puts it on her. Then he hugs Akeno.

"...Then, this will be just a hug! I,I am the pervert king. Though I really want to have sex with Akeno-san!

But I cannot embrace you simply because I pity you!"

"...Ise-kun."

"..."

Akeno didn't say any more.

Akeno must have stirred up painful memories when she encountered her father again.

Which is why she wants to give her body to Ise and obtain false security.

sky black swordman
2012-06-04, 04:05
^ I am talk about Vol 7 life 1 during their date when they went to a love hotel not that part . I forgot to put the word "date".
This is the scene:

As they walk, they reach a forbidden place -- a love motel.
"Akeno-san! This place will bring misunderstandings, let's hurry and leave..."
As Ise turns to leave, Akeno tugs the corner of his shirt.
"...Ah, Akeno-san?"
Akeno's face is all red.
"...Go ahead."
Eh? Go ahead what? What does she mean?
Akeno decisively says "...If Ise-kun enters, I... go ahead... No problem."
Ise begins another nosebleed.
No way!!! Really? Go ahead? Go ahead? Going with me into a love motel, that's not just to rest, right? Is it that meaning?
Akeno-san's usual ecchi ecchi expressions are gone, instead she is showing the reaction of an innocent girl!
Oh! Akeno-san! This is the first time I see you blush!
Go ahead... Hyodo Isei's partner is Akeno-san! The best opportunity!
Fleeing Buchou, with Akeno-san will this be ... first experience!?

At this time she was herself.

NoirX
2012-06-04, 09:21
^ I am talk about Vol 7 life 1 during their date when they went to a love hotel not that part . I forgot to put the word "date".
This is the scene:

As they walk, they reach a forbidden place -- a love motel.
"Akeno-san! This place will bring misunderstandings, let's hurry and leave..."
As Ise turns to leave, Akeno tugs the corner of his shirt.
"...Ah, Akeno-san?"
Akeno's face is all red.
"...Go ahead."
Eh? Go ahead what? What does she mean?
Akeno decisively says "...If Ise-kun enters, I... go ahead... No problem."
Ise begins another nosebleed.
No way!!! Really? Go ahead? Go ahead? Going with me into a love motel, that's not just to rest, right? Is it that meaning?
Akeno-san's usual ecchi ecchi expressions are gone, instead she is showing the reaction of an innocent girl!
Oh! Akeno-san! This is the first time I see you blush!
Go ahead... Hyodo Isei's partner is Akeno-san! The best opportunity!
Fleeing Buchou, with Akeno-san will this be ... first experience!?

At this time she was herself.

Maybe yes, however we only see that kind of attitude once though it doesn't hinted much since on the other times she's talking about it in affair manner so the date one might be special occassion

XFire
2012-06-04, 09:50
Akeno is in love with Ise, but due to the nature of the story seems to accept her place as #3. However, just like all the other girls she is going to continue to want as much of Ise's attention as she can. And on that date, at least, Ise was solely hers. She probably wanted to take advantage of it while she could.

dragonroots
2012-06-05, 14:05
v5 was updated, Tanninim finally makes his appearance, also apparently we were pronouncing his name wrong, it's not "Tanninim" but "Tannin", interesting, anyway i look forward to reading about Ise's "Training from Hell".

sky black swordman
2012-06-05, 18:15
v5 was updated, Tanninim finally makes his appearance, also apparently we were pronouncing his name wrong, it's not "Tanninim" but "Tannin", interesting, anyway i look forward to reading about Ise's "Training from Hell".

Agreed . but man Rias is brutal when it comes to training.
She showed no signs of fear or worry when the Boy she is in love with is being taken away by a Dragon.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2012-06-05, 18:57
sky u know very well that inside Rias is freaking out

GrrDraxin
2012-06-09, 23:59
You know, when I first saw the new spelling of the name, first thing I thought of was Biff Tannin, Mad Dog Tannin, and Griff Tannin. Just this one's not a bully by nature, and it's former Dragon King Tannin. Ah, Irony.

fazri
2012-06-10, 03:49
on vol 12 sairog said rias must becarefull with magician.
i relly confuse from what i know i think only someone who same lavel with george and le-fay that someone who can become tread to them and it supposed to be not many right!

NoirX
2012-06-10, 17:06
on vol 12 sairog said rias must becarefull with magician.
i relly confuse from what i know i think only someone who same lavel with george and le-fay that someone who can become tread to them and it supposed to be not many right!

By becarefull he meant is to be cautious of the Magic Association. Because Rias and her group is viewed as promising uncontracted young devils, Magic Association will set their eyes on the group as target to make pacts/contracts

Xaturas
2012-06-10, 18:07
By becarefull he meant is to be cautious of the Magic Association. Because Rias and her group is viewed as promising uncontracted young devils, Magic Association will set their eyes on the group as target to make pacts/contracts

And does it hinders them in any way whatsoever, or is it both sides benefit symbiosis rather than a parasite existence?

NoirX
2012-06-11, 00:34
And does it hinders them in any way whatsoever, or is it both sides benefit symbiosis rather than a parasite existence?

For now theres no sure answer of it because of the lack of information and for the pact itself referring to other franchise could mean both ways of the symbiosis and a parasite

NeutralZero
2012-06-14, 10:32
Since they've been warned then symbiosis is out... parasitism maybe...
They could either be force to servitude or use them as power supply... etc... etc...

XFire
2012-06-14, 11:41
I don't think it was a "look out, this is bad" type of warning, so much as a "be prepared, this might happen" type of warning.

As for the relationship between mage and devil, I would assume it would be similar to that of devil and client: The devil lends power (either demonic energy or actual physical assistance) and is paid for their trouble. It wouldn't be called a contract if it was totally one-sided.

DarkSkiper
2012-06-14, 11:42
Seeing as it said that many strong devils have pacts or a set price for a pact, I think that it's not all that bad and even maybe a show of status.
But I guess it's more like magicians benefit while they live, but devils benefit when the time to pay up is coming, or if the magician fails to meet the devils expectations then the contract gets torn.
Well it most likely involves summoning the devil and negotiating the price and conditions for summoning the devil.
I get the feeling the warning was aimed to tell Rias that young promising devils with bright futures are better targets to trick, then experienced powerful devils that know how these contracts work.

As for Ise, I can totally see him turn down even the most famous magicians. Only a very pretty witch has a chance to make a contract.

Miraluka
2012-06-14, 17:11
The news about the fallen-angel organization, the Grigori, Governor-Azazel. Resigning from his post was sent to all the factions. He leaves many meritorious deeds and battle achievements. But the VIP of all the factions passes on the legacy of him instructing the two of, the current Sekiryuutei who shows irregular growth and the current Hakuryuukou who is said to be the strongest in history as his best achievement.

Didn't see him that way :heh:.

dannclark
2012-06-17, 03:05
can someone explain how the pacts between devils and magicians work? what exactly is a magician in this LN

Xaturas
2012-06-17, 04:02
can someone explain how the pacts between devils and magicians work? what exactly is a magician in this LN

“Are you talking about the relations with magicians that are written down in books?”

I ask. A pact from a magician? Even I heard of that. Devils who respond to magicians summonings. It’s quite popular that it even appears in normal books. Rias nods.

“Yes. Magicians summon devils, and they make a pact along with a price. We just lend our powers when necessary. The ritual is a bit different from the one where we grant the wish of normal human. It’s normal for the famous devils to be summoned, but Young devils also receive such offers.”

“Then does that mean we will also get offers?”

Rias nods at my question. Sensei continues while drinking tea.

“Yesterday, the magician council announced the rating of young devils including your generation to all the magicians in the World. To them, it will be a win for someone to make a pact with the young devils first. Especially the Gremory group who have a high rating. Starting from Rias who is the younger sister of a Maou, there is Ise who is the Sekiryuutei, Kiba of the Holy-demonic sword, Akeno the Holy-lightning Priestess and the daughter of Barakiel, Xenovia of the Durandal, and such. –You guys will receive lots of offers you know? Choose which magician you will make pacts with wisely okay? If you choose someone worthless then it will lower your ratings.”

Are you serious! So those things are also a part of devils job huh! Then will I also receive an offering from a magician…..?

……..Gufufufu. It might be good to be summoned by a very erotic magician woman. Then there was someone knocking my head while I was thinking erotic stuff. It’s Rias. Rias then asks me.

ccie20012
2012-06-17, 16:07
It might be good to be summoned by a very erotic magician woman

Isse - baka, baka :) Isse-kun, you do not have enough women? I'm remembered the old stupid joke. I have a wife, a mistress and still I masturbate.

Om Nerabdator
2012-06-18, 00:51
ive heard something about ophis ss being released already a while ago anyone know about that?

sky black swordman
2012-06-18, 01:42
^ Yes its being translated right now . Its not complete but what is funny.
Its on Akuma's blog. If you want the link , I will put on your profile.

neco411
2012-06-22, 16:46
Finaly finished vol 5 of the light novel and the ranking battle at the end was really infuriating...

1. All those restrictions where prety much directed to Rias' group so how the hell can you call that a fair fight. Thats giving a huge handicap for the other group to exploit. Honestly if I was the openent I would refuse to fight with such lopsided conditions... how could you ever feel good about winning with that inequality.

2. The worst offence was Ise being defeated by Saji's ability. The author basicaly had to break the rules of his own universe to make that happen... it was crearly stated that in the fight with the Phenex team that any ability or spell used set by a defeated player would vanish once that person was defeated and forced to leave the playing field... so how the hell did Saji's bility persist past his deafeat? Thats totaly a rip off and a lame way to remove Ise from the match.

Rais needs to put her personality in check with rating games... why the hell would you go and block a deadly ability like mind reading from the game... she's basicaly shooting herself in the foot! Screw the aponents complaints, I'm sure they wouldn't give a care if that ability was on their side.

cyberdemon
2012-06-22, 17:15
Finaly finished vol 5 of the light novel and the ranking battle at the end was really infuriating...

1. All those restrictions where prety much directed to Rias' group so how the hell can you call that a fair fight. Thats giving a huge handicap for the other group to exploit. Honestly if I was the openent I would refuse to fight with such lopsided conditions... how could you ever feel good about winning with that inequality.

2. The worst offence was Ise being defeated by Saji's ability. The author basicaly had to break the rules of his own universe to make that happen... it was crearly stated that in the fight with the Phenex team that any ability or spell used set by a defeated player would vanish once that person was defeated and forced to leave the playing field... so how the hell did Saji's bility persist past his deafeat? Thats totaly a rip off and a lame way to remove Ise from the match.

Rais needs to put her personality in check with rating games... why the hell would you go and block a deadly ability like mind reading from the game... she's basicaly shooting herself in the foot! Screw the aponents complaints, I'm sure they wouldn't give a care if that ability was on their side.

2. It wouldn't have made much difference by the time Saji was defeated. Even at the moment he was defeated Ise already lost too much of blood. Saji just kept standing up until that moment came.

The problem with the mind reading is that no girl would be willing to face them without it being sealed. You can't do good in ratings games without actually having any opponents to face. Teams with girls would be more willing to forfeit than have to face Ise's ability.

neco411
2012-06-22, 18:03
I think thats pushing the drain a bit too much, his loss of blood symptoms didn't start to really show until they found the hunkerd down team in the middle of the mall. That to me shows that the time that Ise took to contemplate Saji's defeat, being comforted by Koneco, then taking the time to find the other team made all the diference in him passing out. Sure he probably would have been weakend but he def would still be of value even if you just consider him just using gift on the others for the rest of the fight.

But these type of plot flaws really urk me and take away from the story as a whole, this could lead to the author violating more of their set rules in future volumes. Most authors keep track of set rules and guidelines on seperate sheets so they don't gorget and violate constraints they have set and mentioned in previous books of the same series.

Mars Mode
2012-06-22, 18:29
To be fair is the second time it happens the first one was Ise

Nihgthawk
2012-06-22, 21:19
OK I think people are forgetting 2 things.
1. Sacred Gears respond to the users emotions. The stronger the determination and will of the user the stronger the Sacred gear can be used to its full potential. That is why the Absorption Line was still connected even after Saji was KOed, just like a curse. This leads to point 2.
2. Saji's Absorption Line is one of the Vritra gears and Vritra is known as the Cursed Black Flame Dragon that had many techniques and was able to leave powerful curses on this appointment's that were very hard to dispel completely.
An example of this would be in vol 12 during the Grasper and Georg fight when Georg was about to escape Saji used his Sacred Gear to reignite some of Vritra's flames that Georg thought were put out to prevent him from moving.
Now I know this fight happened before Vritra was awakened in Saji but his Absorption Line still contained part of the power of the Black dragon king.

XFire
2012-06-22, 22:19

1) I used to agree with this, but it turns out that they have to fight in those conditions (do not destroy the surroundings) several times. vol 7 and 9 for example.

2) It's a Dragon King, maybe it overcame the limitations of the system? Or since it was no longer connected to him, or supplied by him, it didn't cancel?

Another possibility is that defeat in Rating Games is supposed to simulate "death". Vritra's powers will continue to work even after his death.

About the mind reading, that was just supposed to be funny. And he uses it in following RG anyway.

isak
2012-06-23, 03:30

1. Had to placate Serafall so I'm not shocked those rules were there, can't have Rias's massacre them in a few minutes flat which would have happened with no rules and have serafall attack Rias cause of Sona getting beat so easily.

2. In volume 4 life 3 Azazel mentions that absorbstion line can be REMOVED from the gear for a short time. An hour at most passes between battle and issei kicking the bucket. That's not much time now is it!!

neco411
2012-06-23, 13:50
Even then the limitation on Gasper is unjust, sure he has problems controling his freezing abiltity but since its only on things he can see using him would create an impenatrable wall. Just stick him in a coridor and keep him pointed towards the enemy. His time freeze does not damage or detroy the soroundings so theres no point to tie both his hands. The fight just felt so much like the Phenex fight in the nature on the unfairness of it. This is prety much what happens in the next rating game which ends up becoming a terrorist attack... Gasper uses his freeze ability along with Ise and they prety much wipe out half the oponents withought them even being able to lift a finger to counter.

As for his teather and Vitra, Saji does not get his curse ability or Vitra until a book or two later when Azezel combines all the Vitra items into his body and revives Vitra in his sacred gear. As for emotions I think thats a bit of BS, basicaly your saying the other players resolution to battle are garbage and their just not up to par. Lets just take the battle with Phenex where the point that abilities disapear when the player is removed from the playing field, Kiba used his sword birth on Ise who boosted it and deafeated 1/4 of Pehenex evil peices but after Kiba was defeated it all disapeared. In that instance all the Rias' team was prety pumped up and determined since they knew what was on the line, and even then Ise was so determined that his Boosted Gear even evolved and applied all the power and spirit into gifting the sword birth. After the ability was over its also no longer connected to Kiba, its a seperate entity from him at this point. I'm still firmly on its a plot flaw on the the writers part.

Its also mentioned that the rating games are held in a diferent dimention (Why causing overwelming and colateral damage is ok in these places)... if your removed from the dimention and returned to the real world it would make sence that you can not maintain an ability across a dimentional barrier, that and their more or less past out when your loose in combat.

Yes Ise uses his mind reading ability later on but those are not rating games but actuall life and death combats. Rias does give him permision to use it in those cases. Its still a huge loss in a rating game. If a faction forfeits cause it chooses not to fight because the openent posess an overwelming ability then it would still count as their loss in rating game standings. Ise's new ability does not strip them naked like Dress Break does so its not like hes exposing them publibly.. mind you he still uses dress break a lot. Point is if their going to forfeit it makes more sence on the dress break ability then a mind reading ability if your only talking about being exposed.

fazri
2012-06-26, 22:26
thanks for the translation who ever the one who working on the vol 5.

but i want ask where the picture on when koneko down with showing her cat tail and ear?

sky black swordman
2012-06-26, 23:32
thanks for the translation who ever the one who working on the vol 5.

but i want ask where the picture on when koneko down with showing her cat tail and ear?

That would be Eternal Dreamer and if you mean where does that pic goes, well that goes at the end of life 2

zzhk
2012-07-12, 09:59
If anyone is interested, I did a quick summary of the Ophis side story in the Social Group (http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?do=discuss&gmid=86015#gmessage86015).

A fun little story with Church Trio antics, more glimpses at the Student Council characters, and Rias playing matchmaker, to mention a few highlights.

As usual, Akeno has some of the best lines.

ccie20012
2012-07-12, 13:44
@zzhk
Thanks.!!
I am pleased that the author has found a suitable position for Ophis.
The red-haired mama with huge breasts and the perverted looking papa - it's so cute.

G147
2012-08-25, 22:43
@ccie20012
I agree on that.
Well from the way Ophis describes the Occult Research Club is actually quite accurate especially for this [The cheap silver-haired older sister with poor character].

Chelydra
2012-08-25, 22:54
That Ophis chapter was epic. And Asia totally got the shaft in that speech. A blonde sister. Akeno did well in that speech too :heh:

Nihgthawk
2012-08-25, 23:51
That Ophis chapter was epic. And Asia totally got the shaft in that speech. A blonde sister. Akeno did well in that speech too :heh:

I think she meant sister as in a Nun thou who knows.

n0m@n
2012-09-12, 06:00
Information from volume 13

Sirzechs's Team
It's stated in the novel several times that Sirzechs's team are the strongest. And volume 13 reveals the remaining of Sirzechs's team. Note: There are no Sacred Gear possessors in his group.

King: Sirzechs - The strongest Maou

Queen: Grayfia - The strongest [Queen]

Rook 1(Mutation): Surtr Second
The ultimate Rook. He is the clone of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surtr%20%20 from the Norse Mythology. He is described to be a very huge man with massive muscles. The Norse Gods made a clone of Surtr, but it went berserk so the Norse Gods abandoned him. Then Sirzechs made him into his servant by using his mutation Rook piece. Since he is a clone, he was named the Second. If he was able to use his power properly, its said that he could have defeated Jabberwocky. His flame is said to burn everything.

Rook 2: Bahamut
It mainly is used for transport and also to annihilate grunts. It's also strong by itself.

Bishop (2 Pieces) : Macgregor Mathers
He is an expert it using magics. He can use all kinds of magics.

Knight (2 Pieces): Okita Souji
Kiba's master and also one of the best swordsman in the underworld. He met Sirzechs when he did many ritual to avoid dieing from a disease. He met Sirzechs by accidentally summoning him. Because he did too much rituals and such, his body became like a nest of youkai. So he's like a chimera like thing. So he can have many youkai come from his body.

Pawn 1(Unknown number of pawn piece used): Enku
He appeared on volume 8.

Pawn 2(Unknown number of pawn piece used): Beowulf
Descendant of the hero Beowulf. He is said to be in the Top 5 Pawns of the Underworld.
He became Sirzechs's servant after battling him and losing against him.
He's picked on by other Sizechs's servants and is treated like a lackey.

The Top 10 Strongest in DxD World
In no particular order the following are the among the Top 10 strongest.
-Ophis.
-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiva%20%20
-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vishnu
-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahma
-Sakra(Indra)
-Thor
-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typhon (Also Fenrir)
-Hades
-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aten
-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lugh

Note: It's said that if Sirzechs and Ajuka were to show their true form, they would be placed among the Top 10.

Brave-Saints
The four Great Seraph are the Kings of respective cards.
Michael is Spade. Gabriel is Heart. Raphael is Club. Uriel is Diamond.
Brave-Saints also has special many special effects which comes from actual card games like poker and black jack.
A Joker doesnt belong to any of the 4 types of cards.

Ise's Familiar
Ise receives a familiar from Surtr Second in Extra Life. Its the legendary ship http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sk%C3%AD%C3%B0bla%C3%B0nir%20 Skithblathnir.
It was created by the tribe called Ívaldi who also created Thor's Mjölnir.
Its a small ship first, but will grow with the masters(in this case Ise) power. Second suggest Ise that he can make a harem ship with it.

Extra Life:
The extra life of volume 13 wasnt good as volume 8 one. Though it revealed quite a lot of things.
Millicas comes to Hyoudou residence and lives with them. He has a mock battle against Ise, Kiba, and Gasper. Despite losing to them, his power is extraordinary and his talent is said to be the same as that of Vali by Ise. During his stay Sirzechs's servants comes to see how Millicas is doing and also so they can be his bodyguard. Though later Grayfia stops them. Millicas wants to make a team like his father in the future. Though Sirzechs asks him whether he likes Satan-Red or Oppai-Dragon, where Millicas says Oppai-dragon. This made Sirzechs sad, and became sad when he see's Ise and Millicas getting along. At the end, Ise calls him Millicas instead of Millicas-sama.

Also volume 14 is going to be Ravel's volume.
I think Vali's team has more famous people than Sirzechs's team.

Akumasama
2012-09-12, 06:10
Congrats on getting the volume ^^. Thanks for the info, nom.

I feel the power balance is quite skewed here, how come 4 of the top are Gods coming from Hindu mythology?

And lol I was thinking that Ise's familiar would be the female dragon xD

n0m@n
2012-09-12, 06:42
I thought I would get it on friday because amiami didnt send me a email. But I realised there was a ship notification sent to the spam box lol.

Akumasama
2012-09-12, 07:47
I thought I would get it on friday because amiami didnt send me a email. But I realised there was a ship notification sent to the spam box lol.

I was wondering about that lol, any chance of taking pictures of the illustrations and uploading them?

aswad
2012-09-12, 08:05
@Nooom tank you for da all hard work

Richocet
2012-09-12, 08:09
Thanx n0m@n
So they didn't include great red in the ranking or what
And a Ravel centered novel, seems like a nice read

NeutralZero
2012-09-12, 08:51
Thanks...
And it's kinda amazing that from second to the fifth place were occupied by Hindu Gods...

blade82
2012-09-12, 09:29
thanx n0m@n but about vol.14 i tought it'll be centered around the magician and the vampire so Gaspar instead of Ravel

willx
2012-09-12, 09:41
thanx n0m@n but about vol.14 i tought it'll be centered around the magician and the vampire so Gaspar instead of Ravel

Hm.. it seems like Ravel will be the main heroine for volume 14, but this next "arc" is magician and vampire arc? Or maybe they just decided to completely ignore what they wrote in V14's afterword?

I was hoping that we'd get some focus on Xenovia and Rossweise :<

XFire
2012-09-12, 10:02

Sirzechs's Team
It's stated in the novel several times that Sirzechs's team are the strongest. And volume 13 reveals the remaining of Sirzechs's team. Note: There are no Sacred Gear possessors in his group.

The ultimate Rook. He is the clone of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surtr%20%20 from the Norse Mythology. He is described to be a very huge man with massive muscles. The Norse Gods made a clone of Surtr, but it went berserk so the Norse Gods abandoned him. Then Sirzechs made him into his servant by using his mutation Rook piece. Since he is a clone, he was named the Second. If he was able to use his power properly, its said that he could have defeated Jabberwocky. His flame is said to burn everything.

It mainly is used for transport and also to annihilate grunts. It's also strong by itself.

Kiba's master and also one of the best swordsman in the underworld. He met Sirzechs when he did many ritual to avoid dieing from a disease. He met Sirzechs by accidentally summoning him. Because he did too much rituals and such, his body became like a nest of youkai. So he's like a chimera like thing. So he can have many youkai come from his body.

He appeared on volume 8.

Descendant of the hero Beowulf. He is said to be in the Top 5 Pawns of the Underworld.

-Ophis.
-Sakra(Indra)
-Thor
-Hades

Note: It's said that if Sirzechs and Ajuka were to show their true form, they would be placed among the Top 10.

Brave-Saints
Brave-Saints also has special many special effects which comes from actual card games like poker and black jack.

Ise's Familiar
Ise receives a familiar from Surtr Second in Extra Life. Its the legendary ship http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sk%C3%AD%C3%B0bla%C3%B0nir%20 Skithblathnir.
Its a small ship first, but will grow with the masters(in this case Ise) power. Second suggest Ise that he can make a harem ship with it.

Extra Life:
The extra life of volume 13 wasnt good as volume 8 one. Though it revealed quite a lot of things.
Millicas comes to Hyoudou residence and lives with them. He has a mock battle against Ise, Kiba, and Gasper. Despite losing to them, his power is extraordinary and his talent is said to be the same as that of Vali by Ise. During his stay Sirzechs's servants comes to see how Millicas is doing and also so they can be his bodyguard. Though later Grayfia stops them. Millicas wants to make a team like his father in the future. Though Sirzechs asks him whether he likes Satan-Red or Oppai-Dragon, where Millicas says Oppai-dragon. This made Sirzechs sad, and became sad when he see's Ise and Millicas getting along. At the end, Ise calls him Millicas instead of Millicas-sama.

.... plenty of cool stuff in there, but something sort of stopped me part-way through.

Indra is five!?! I though he was like two or something.

JAGI_X
2012-09-12, 10:05

Sirzechs's Team

He appeared on volume 8.

-Ophis.
-Sakra(Indra)
-Thor
-Hades

Brave-Saints

Ise's Familiar

Extra Life:

So Sirzechs realize that his son now is growing up but he will not be mad at Issei right.

Mura
2012-09-12, 10:07
Thanks n0m@n, I'm pretty interested to see the power of the Brave-Saints in action.

aswad
2012-09-12, 11:05
okita souji isnt that the name of that guy hijikata always kicked off with in the shinsengumi

Richocet
2012-09-12, 11:32
Ise's familiar reminds me of nurarihyon

xBakaChanx
2012-09-12, 18:40
Ise's familiar reminds me of nurarihyon

Lol Asia`s familiar is #1 >_< so cute~

Newhope
2012-09-12, 19:57
Lol Asia`s familiar is #1 >_< so cute~

It won't stay that way:P

xBakaChanx
2012-09-12, 21:30
It won't stay that way:P

NOooo *not listening/looking*

btw vol 13 cover, miko akeno or fallen angel akeno ;)

blackwhite67
2012-09-12, 22:00
So what's stopping Surtr the Second from going berserk under Sirzechs?

Welsh_Dragon
2012-09-12, 22:17
NOooo *not listening/looking*

btw vol 13 cover, miko akeno or fallen angel akeno ;)

Akeno Fallen Angel mode, definitely.

NeutralZero
2012-09-12, 22:35
Is the fallen angel Akeno the regular cover or the limited one?

xBakaChanx
2012-09-12, 22:40
I think it's the limited one if I'm not mistaken (require confirmation) but it sure "looks" limited to me *smirk*