PDA

View Full Version : High School DxD Light Novel - Q&A

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

relentlessflame
2012-05-05, 18:48
Edit: The High School DxD Light Novels now have a sub-forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136) with multiple threads. Please find the new most appropriate thread among the list there.

There is also a Social Group (http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=765) where you can find many more topics and a more free/open discussion environment. Please join this group if you want to be part of the Highschool DxD fan community.

These new threads replace the former High School DxD Light Novel thread, which had grown too big to be practical for most discussion. It is hoped that this new structure will help the conversations remain more focused and on-topic.

General Thread Rules

DO NOT ASK WHEN TRANSLATIONS/SUMMARIES WILL BE RELEASED. Available Novel Summaries can be found here (http://dxd.wikia.com/wiki/Summaries), and novel translations can be found here (http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=High_School_DxD). Consult the Social Group (http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=765) above for more information.

DO NOT POST IF YOU HAVE NOTHING USEFUL TO SAY. This is covered in our Forum Rules (http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_rules_2_1). This isn't a chat room or a simple "hang out" for fans, but a place where discussions and conversations can occur.

READ THE RECENT POSTS BEFORE POSTING AND STAY ON-TOPIC. Please try not to ask questions that have just been asked, and don't diverge into all sorts of other unrelated topics or issues.

DO NOT FLAME OTHERS OR RESPOND TO FLAMEBAIT POSTS. Criticism is welcome, but do not attack other people for their point of view. If someone posts something offensive please use the report button (report.gif).

All the other Forum Rules (http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?faq=rules) do apply. Please note that failure to comply with the rules can result in warnings, infractions, and bans. If you catch someone breaking any Forum Rules, please do not reply, but instead use the Report Post button as mentioned.

Questions & Answers
The purpose of this thread is to provide a space where people can ask questions about what happened in the light novels, and receive answers from those familiar with the source material.

Special Guidelines:

Questions & Answers should be about facts, and not about opinions.
DO NOT ask a question that has already been asked before. Please read the thread first.
Please keep your answers precise and to-the-point, and quote the question when stating your reply to help other people.

There are a lot of questions already answered over at the Social Group (http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=1984), so please check that out first.

It is expected that all those participating in this thread are already familiar with the latest translations and summaries, so spoiler tags are not required when basing your speculation on the latest translated novel material. As a courtesy, please use spoiler tags when discussing the latest Japanese raws that have not yet been summarized or translated. You must also use spoiler tags if you will be comparing to other works.

Have fun!

Richocet
2012-05-05, 20:00
So after reading vol5 now I was wondering when Ross does have to go to the underworld does she not also have to get scanned as well?? Was it mentioned tht they had to take the train again when they went down in vol 10??

n0m@n
2012-05-05, 20:23
Nope. It wasnt mentioned that Ross went through scanning, but in volume 5 it is said that everyone has to when they first arrive in Underworld so she must have went through it.

Om Nerabdator
2012-05-06, 03:43
One question when ise returns in vol 12 who witnessed it? was it televised?

sky black swordman
2012-05-06, 19:22
One question when ise returns in vol 12 who witnessed it? was it televised?

Just rias's and sona's groups. and I dont think so.
If I remember right no one acknowledge him or said anything they were to surprise to see him until he said Oppai then every body called out to him and knew it was him which made him sad because no recognizance him until he said oppai.

Darth SpiderDen
2012-05-07, 18:13
Just rias's and sona's groups. and I dont think so.
If I remember right no one acknowledge him or said anything they were to surprise to see him until he said Oppai then every body called out to him and knew it was him which made him sad because no recognizance him until he said oppai.

Well someone should have noticed his fusion with GR.......wait, someone should definitely notice the arrival of GR, and then the fusion between Ise and GR that produced a giant Ise with his BB form on (which is known throughout the underworld) and then him defeating the giant monsters attacking the major cities....
Someone will definitely notice his arrival.
Now the thing is only the Rias group, Souna group, the Phoenix house, Maous and Gremory house, Sairarorg and Vali's team new Ise died, so for the rest of the underworld it's a matter of being late (or right on time, wich way you prefer).

Yye1
2012-05-08, 10:20
Why are ppl calling Zenovia Xenovia?

Awrya
2012-05-08, 10:31
Why are ppl calling Zenovia Xenovia?

Zenovia was the first fan translation made by people while Xenovia is the official japanese to english name by Ishibumi. Apparently it has something to do with the different way hiragana is read. There were also differences in other LN between fan and official translation (To aru for example).

Azure-Priest
2012-05-08, 10:34
Well someone should have noticed his fusion with GR.......wait, someone should definitely notice the arrival of GR, and then the fusion between Ise and GR that produced a giant Ise with his BB form on (which is known throughout the underworld) and then him defeating the giant monsters attacking the major cities....
Someone will definitely notice his arrival.
Now the thing is only the Rias group, Souna group, the Phoenix house, Maous and Gremory house, Sairarorg and Vali's team new Ise died, so for the rest of the underworld it's a matter of being late (or right on time, wich way you prefer).

n0m@n said that Grafia was present when Issei rode in on GR and "became Ultraman" to defeat Jaberwock.

Rozeluxe Meitzen
2012-05-08, 18:01
umm, my question now is, Ophis gave half of her powers to revive Ise, and she had twice the power of Draig and Albion together in their prime (already more than enough to kick anyones butt easily), so that means she now has only the power equal to Draig and Albion in their prime? (wich is already to much) next question, what happened to the stolen power? will she get it back?, or is it all lost forever, including the power she gave Ise? basically i wonder about the future of Ophis power and if she will regain her infinite, but either way, so far, she is the strongest of all (apart from GR)

ru5ty
2012-05-08, 20:37
@rozeluxe Meitzen well we still dont know how infinite ophis power is..but it is true when ophis power stolen by caocao she still have power twice heavenly dragon..i dont know how much power she gave to ise.but if its true that she give half of her power (which is equal to ddraig or albion) than ise would have power equal to heavenly dragon??(not to mention his body is from GR body)

XFire
2012-05-08, 20:41
Ophus didn't retrieve her stolen power as far as we know, but I would assume there is a way for her to retrieve it. Though I don't think she really cares at this point.

1upspud
2012-05-08, 20:43
I thought her power after the attack was twice that of the two heavenly dragons in their prime so her power after Ise gets his new body is the same as the two heavenly dragons in their prime combined.

XFire
2012-05-08, 20:49
I thought her power after the attack was twice that of the two heavenly dragons in their prime so her power after Ise gets his new body is the same as the two heavenly dragons in their prime combined.

Not exactly. His body is a little stronger than before, but not to that extent. Rather than Ophus giving him that much power, it cost her that much strength to attach Ise's spirit to his new body.

Whoops, read you're question wrong. But n0m@n said her power level after vol 12 was "a slightly strong dragon".

Richocet
2012-05-08, 20:59
Not exactly. His body is a little stronger than before, but not to that extent. Rather than Ophus giving him that much power, it cost her that much strength to attach Ise's spirit to his new body.

Whoops, read you're question wrong. But n0m@n said her power level after vol 12 was "a slightly strong dragon".

Well that is what we expect but I dont really know what his new body is like, or has n0m put a few spoilers about his body as well??

Cracking0815
2012-05-12, 21:35
In the Summeries of Volume 12 it is mentioned that Akeno, Ise and Kiba are promoted. Which title have they obtained?

zzhk
2012-05-12, 21:48
I think they are deemed to have passed, but haven't gone through the actual ceremony yet.

Cracking0815
2012-05-12, 22:10
Thanks for the quick reply, i am looking forward to it. Especially what comes with a title(territory and so on, since Evil pieces comes with a High Class Promotion that is out of question).

JAGI_X
2012-05-13, 11:44
@zzhk about Issei receives numerous passionate love letters from demoness.
who are they demoness?

Awrya
2012-05-13, 12:50
@zzhk about Issei receives numerous passionate love letters from demoness.
who are they demoness?

Doubt it, I mean, there's way too many rumors about the shameless dragon who feeds on breasts, reads women's thoughts and blows their clothes away.

We don't know if this is a real SS by Ishibumi or simply fan fiction, but given Ise was asked by a few characters to make babies with them, after saving the underworld I can totally see applications for his harem.

Miraluka
2012-05-13, 13:10
Can I ask how far did Ise went with each girl interested on him?

JAGI_X
2012-05-13, 13:18
We don't know if this is a real SS by Ishibumi or simply fan fiction, but given Ise was asked by a few characters to make babies with them, after saving the underworld I can totally see applications for his harem.

But who are they those demoness and love letter for Issei.:confused:
Sorry i got confused you know.

Soji
2012-05-13, 13:20

If you ask if they do *that* ,then the answer it's no.
But from vol 10 Ise and Rias are a couple.In vol 10 the girls do say their feeling toward him(Asia,Akeno,koneko .) vol 11 Koneko confesses / proposed.
Vol 12 they set up some kind of date list or better Ise just say about the one with Rias the date they will have the weekend and the other start for Xenovia just say i'm the next ecc. With Akeno say that when they all finish she just will have a date with him in the bed.:heh:
I think this is a enough good answer ,at least that you don't want to know even more. but i think it 's better for you just read the vol traslate+ the summary in that case.

aigomorla
2012-05-13, 14:08

ummm he's kissed everyone but Opfus, ravel and Irinia.
He's groaped everyone except koneko, ravel and opfus.

He's only been on a date with Akeno and in the later SS, Rias.

He's had 4 chances to do it... (yet failed horribly)
1. Rias -> Vol.2
2. Xenovia -> Vol.4 swimming shed.
3. Akeno -> Vol.7
4. Xenovia -> Vol.9

yes Xenovia tries to rape him twice.

But who are they those demoness and love letter for Issei.:confused:
Sorry i got confused you know.

Demoness?
Theres a lot of people after Ise for his sperm.

Kuroka wants to shag him.
All the girls on the gremory team including the innocent little angel wants to do him.
Ravel's mother wants Ravel to serve under him even.

Whats sad is near the end of the vol. Rias isnt even seen as "Strong"
Well in fact all the people we see now, never considered Rias truely Strong.
It was Ise being on the team which made her team strong, and Ise is the pillar.
So basically every child, female devil, fallen angel now even (because Azazel + Brakiel respect him) will do cart wheels for ise when asked.

Even 3/4 Yon Maou's also favor ise...
Levi-Tan seems to adore ise as a kohai type.
Lucifer wants ise to call him Oni-Tan~
Beelz even broke some rules in the raiting game for Ise.

Awrya
2012-05-13, 15:07

Vol. 3, tag team battle between Ise&Kiba vs Irina&Zenovia, Ise misfired Dress Break. It can be argued whether it can be considered as groping since he had to touch Koneko.

aigomorla
2012-05-13, 15:26
Vol. 3, tag team battle between Ise&Kiba vs Irina&Zenovia, Ise misfired Dress Break. It can be argued whether it can be considered as groping since he had to touch Koneko.

no if he groped koneko during that time, koneko would of ended the fight instead of just give irina a handicap.

ajmc93
2012-05-13, 17:54
He's had 4 chances to do it... (yet failed horribly)
1. Rias -> Vol.2
2. Xenovia -> Vol.4 swimming shed.
3. Akeno -> Vol.7
4. Xenovia -> Vol.9

yes Xenovia tries to rape him twice.

Forgot to mention the scene with him and Rias alone NAKED in the bathroom, I think its vol 10.

zzhk
2012-05-13, 19:25
There's a table in the Social Group about Ise's progress in intimacy.
http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=2016

As for Koneko, he hasn't groped her because there's not much to grope, but those healing sessions are fairly intimate.

Miraluka
2012-05-13, 19:28
LOL, really, that Xenovia really is trying hard to do him, eh?

Thanks for your answers guys but I also wan to know their feeling towards him and not about the girls who see him as a worth sperm bank.

Richocet
2012-05-13, 19:33

Thanks for your answers guys but I also wan to know their feeling towards him and not about the girls who see him as a worth sperm bank.

Most, if not all, of the girls have deep seated feelings for him. This girls in the Gremory Group all have proper feelings for him. Outside of it there's Irina(?), Ravel, Kunou (vol 9 cover girl). Kuroka is one who is after his genetics

JAGI_X
2012-05-14, 00:30
[mod edit: post omitted]

Then female devil, female fallen angel are intreset in Issei?
but whats a deal with cart wheels for Issei?

dragonroots
2012-05-14, 08:29

Actually during the time that Koneko was in heat, her first attempt to seduce Ise, she grabs his hand and puts it on her breast while going "nyaaaaaaa"

And Xenovia has only ever kissed Ise on the cheek, Ise has not yet kissed Xenovia on the lips.

Soji
2012-05-14, 08:44

Well all the girls in the gremory group love Ise. Rias (like i say) is his girlfriend from vol 10 and in vol 10 you see pretty clear what she think(the part that matter in this are already traslate). Always vol 10 Akeno,Asia and Koneko tell him what they think about him(their feeling more or less) when they help him with his trauma.
Vol 12 show even more what the girls feel toward Ise. Xenovia as well seem to love him irina i think love him as well(but not sure) ...Ross still a mystery.
Ravel really seem to like him more than a chrus(at least from vol 12 and her reaction).

dragonroots
2012-05-14, 08:47
@Soji Irina is suppressing her feelings, remember she is an angel, if she falls in love, she will become a fallen angel. Though it is clear that she is falling for him (but being an angel is probably the biggest cockblock in the series, even more so than Asia before v6).

Soji
2012-05-14, 08:50
dragonroots@ Yeah i remember. That's why i say like that about Irina. But if i remember right she do say she dont mind become fallen angel.(?). but maybe i remember wrong here also we see he reaction in vol 12 summary.

dragonroots
2012-05-14, 09:02
@Soji no, she has never once said she won't mind becoming a fallen, the confusion was when Ise accidentally groped her on the trip, and she became flustered because of her situation (guy she likes is touching her, she can't fall in love with him) and she asked Ise "Do you want me to become a fallen angel?" i think this was meant to kind of tell him off, though because of conflicting feelings at the time, it made it sound like she was okay with it, every time something happens between Ise and Irina that involves romance, Irina has to stop both Ise and herself and usher a prayer to try and cleanse herself because she doesn't want to become a fallen.

Soji
2012-05-14, 09:06
dragonroots@ Now it's more clear. I really thought that she don't mind that time.Still it's ironic that she do this when something that involves romance happen. But she try to have a child from him.:heh:

dragonroots
2012-05-14, 11:21
@Soji once again on the child thing, conflicting feelings, Xenovia gave her the idea so as to give her a reason to have sex with Ise, she herself knows she wants to bear Ise's child, but doesn't know how to do so without falling her reasoning so that she doesn't fall is that she is trying to find a way to expand the angel's population, though it's unsure whether or not this will work as she'd be having a child out of wedlock (which is against christian teachings as far as i know)(not to mention Ise is a devil, since ancient times they have been enemies, if she falls for a devil, while for the current alliance it would probably be fine, it will probably go against gods system thus making her fall).

zzhk
2012-05-14, 12:23
May I remind everyone that this is the Questions and Answers and not a discussion thread?

dragonroots
2012-05-14, 12:33
@zzhk i was answering Soji's question on why Irina tried to have a child with Ise.

Soji
2012-05-14, 12:48
Sorry zzhk .This was my fault .Because my question.

Anyway dragonroots thanks for the answer now it's more clear. After i start to think this better i really think was contradictory the whole thing.

Azure-Priest
2012-05-15, 08:00
Sorry zzhk .This was my fault .Because my question.

Anyway dragonroots thanks for the answer now it's more clear. After i start to think this better i really think was contradictory the whole thing.

To answer your question precisely, Irina DOES say in volume 7, "I don't mind becoming fallen if it's for you, Ise" jokingly after he pays her an honest compliment on her beauty.

As her wings start to change, and Azazel mentions making her a VIP fallen angel, she cries out "MICHAEL-SAMA, I'M BEING TEMPTED BY AZAZEL!"

So, yes, she DOES mind a great deal, but she STILL wants Ise. (thanks to Xenovia's "suggestion")

Edit: I do have a question, what happened to Leonardo again? After reading Vol 11 and the Vol 12 summaries, I can't figure it out.

In Vol 11, Shalba drags him into the Dimension Lost hotel parking lot, magically compels him to summon huge monsters (which are then magically transported to the Underworld) then Sigfreed and Georg transport him away. Yet no mention of him afterwards.

Is he with Indra? With CaoCao in Hades' "realm of the dead?" At "Hero Faction" HQ? Dead?

One thing's for sure though, that boy has been seriously traumatized and the "hero" faction obviously doesn't care. (Well Sigfreed cared, but he's dead.)

Awrya
2012-05-15, 09:26
To answer your question precisely, Irina DOES say in volume 7, "I don't mind becoming fallen if it's for you, Ise" jokingly after he pays her an honest compliment on her beauty.
Wasn't it because Irina did a henshin pose, Ise complimented her and she said he flatters Rias&co everyday like that while blushing? After that she noticed she was falling and prayed to Michael.

NoirX
2012-05-15, 09:55
Edit: I do have a question, what happened to Leonardo again? After reading Vol 11 and the Vol 12 summaries, I can't figure it out.

In Vol 11, Shalba drags him into the Dimension Lost hotel parking lot, magically compels him to summon huge monsters (which are then magically transported to the Underworld) then Sigfreed and Georg transport him away. Yet no mention of him afterwards.

Is he with Indra? With CaoCao in Hades' "realm of the dead?" At "Hero Faction" HQ? Dead?

One thing's for sure though, that boy has been seriously traumatized and the "hero" faction obviously doesn't care. (Well Sigfreed cared, but he's dead.)

It is mentioned in Vol.12 summary that Leonardo, along with CaoCao and Georg was sent by Indra to Hades' realm. So yeah he's with CaoCao and Georg there

dragonroots
2012-05-15, 10:21

As her wings start to change, and Azazel mentions making her a VIP fallen angel, she cries out "MICHAEL-SAMA, I'M BEING TEMPTED BY AZAZEL!"

So, yes, she DOES mind a great deal, but she STILL wants Ise. (thanks to Xenovia's "suggestion")

yeah, she wasn't saying she didn't mind, her exact words were “Of course. I have memories of nothing but mischief in those days when Irina was a ‘boy’. It so turned out that she happened to become a bishōjo[4], I may never comprehend the human development.”

From my reply, in that very moment Irina’s face blushed.

“Geez! Isse-kun, you are such a typical smooth talker! It’s no different from wooing Rias-san many times before is it...? Quite a hidden intimidating talent! For such debauchery! I would degenerate myself to be a fallen angel!
meaning she realized that she was being turned into a fallen cause she started to feel vanity, which is something angels cannot feel otherwise they fall. After Azazel sees this, he tempts her which causes Irina to panic and pray to stop herself from falling.

aigomorla
2012-05-15, 12:12
Wasn't it because Irina did a henshin pose, Ise complimented her and she said he flatters Rias&co everyday like that while blushing? After that she noticed she was falling and prayed to Michael.

her wings flutter twice.

The first is probably during the henshin pose as you guys are talking about.

The second was when Xenovia was trying to rape Ise in the closet in vol.9 with Irina watching.

sky black swordman
2012-05-15, 20:10
Irina did almost become a fallen angel twice and both time where different in vol 7 the compliment or comment by Ise made her think about becoming one. And in vol 9 during Xenovia's baby making attemp ,Ise fell on top of her then she started to fall and said to him "...I, this is the first time... So I don't know what to do, Ise-kun... You, do you want me to become fallen...?" . so if Ise tells her she may fall but hten again who knows.

Uberchu
2012-05-16, 02:01
What's the general tier list for this series? From what I've been reading this far (on Vol. 5 right now) Issei seems really weak. When does he start getting stronger?

zzhk
2012-05-16, 02:25
By the end of Volume 5, Ise has pretty much entered top tier, though he doesn't really get to show it off until Volume 6.

XFire
2012-05-16, 08:36
What's the general tier list for this series? From what I've been reading this far (on Vol. 5 right now) Issei seems really weak. When does he start getting stronger?

.....vol 5.

Seriously, before this all of his cool moments were basically situational. He could only do them right then, and not repeat it afterward. After he gets Balance Breaker, that changes. Though the author purposely screws the Gremory Team over in this volume... (I know they needed that kind of experience. They still got screwed over.)

aigomorla
2012-05-16, 13:33
By the end of Volume 5, Ise has pretty much entered top tier, though he doesn't really get to show it off until Volume 6.

actually id say in vol.4 where he pounded Vali down and stole his divide ability is offically where he reached high tier.

And when he merged with the oppai god for that smash hit on loki is where he reached a level above ultimate for a instant.

And his most powerful form current now is ultraman Ise. (although he will never become it again... unless u can find a way to get the enemy to piss off GR)

NoirX
2012-05-16, 14:31
actually id say in vol.4 where he pounded Vali down and stole his divide ability is offically where he reached high tier.

And when he merged with the oppai god for that smash hit on loki is where he reached a level above ultimate for a instant.

And his most powerful form current now is ultraman Ise. (although he will never become it again... unless u can find a way to get the enemy to piss off GR)

Ise in Vol.4 can't be considered top-tier yet though. He pounded Vali because Vali wasn't even in his serious mode

Awrya
2012-05-16, 16:03

He entered a forced BB with a bracelet from Azazel, only after attaining his true BB on his own he can be said to reach high tier. With normal BG and stolen DD I'd say he is upper middle class at most.

Once again he had Mjölnir, but the strength to oneshot Loki is beyond ultimate class. I'd say Loki must be at least Maou class? Only the top RG players are equivalent to current Maou (speaking in their restricted form).

Mammon
2012-05-16, 16:09
Would ise's complete CCQ be able to match up to sirzcechs in the future as it surpasses usual maou and now with the dragonbody he will have a higher capability,I know sirzcechs is far ahead of the original but I want to see ise as powerful as him

Log
2012-05-16, 16:16

If we're talking about strict tier class then here's the unofficial tier I made a while back.

I think it's pretty accurate and it contains all the important characters. ? means that they should be there through hype and character statements but we've yet to see what they can completely do so it's hard to judge.

Individual tiers are awarded to characters for the lulz. Strength goes from up (strengthest) to down (weakest).

Face Solos Tier
Mii-tan
Mii-tan’s legion

Kamijou Touma Tier
Issei (merged with GR)
Great Red
Ophis

God Tier
Indra
Zeus
The Dead Bible God (?)
The monsters Annihilation Maker created
Ddraig
Albion

Dick still working despite being old as fuck tier
Odin

Got a Face Makeover tier
Vali (Volume 12)

Boss Tier
Sirzech

Should be between God Tier and Top Tier
Hades
Poseidon
Loki
Ajuka

Top Tier
Azazel
The other three maous (?)
The top three kings in the rating games (?)
Grayfia
The four seraphs (?)
Shemhazai (?)
Pluto
Vali (JD)
Dulio (?)
Son Goku (?)
Fenrir

Trolling Magnificent Bastard Tier
Cao Cao (BB)

Measuring Stick Tier
The original Lucifer

Family Man Tier
Baraquiel

Going Beyond the Impossible With Boobs Tier
Issei (CCQ)

Jack Rakan Tier
Sairaorg Bael (BB)

High Tier
Most Ultimate Class Devils
Yasaka
Dragon Kings
Kiba (post weapon Ntr) (?)
Siegfried (Demon) (?)
Trianna Issei
Leonardo (?)
The Old Maou’s
Zenovia (all Excalibur pieces + Durandal) (?)
Vali (BB)
Bikou
Arthur Pendragon (?)

Suck on it Twilight Tier
Gasper (Yandere Mode) (?)

Isn’t It Sad? Tier
Saji (Dragon King Promotion)

Between High and Mid Tier
Siegfried
Georg
Leonardo
Akeno (Fallen Angel Mode) (?)
Rossweisse (Volume 12) (?)

Got two individual Tiers for being GAR Tier
Sariaorg Bael
Issei (BB)
Cao Cao (Base)

Itsuki Koizumi Tier
Kiba (with two BB)

We All Want Her In The Harem Tier
Kuroka

Middle Tier
Most High Class Devils
Hercules
Joan
Kiba (Holy-Demonic Swords)
Sariaorg’s Queen
Zenovia (Ex-Durandal with 6 Excalibur)
Akeno (holy lightning)
Rossweisse
Raiser
Issei (Base mode after volume 5 training)
Issei (Incomplete BB)

Shinji Matou Tier
Diodora (after using Ophis’s snake)

Between Low and Middle Tier
Rias
Sona
Akeno
Zenovia (Durandal)
Koneko Tojo (Senjutsu)
Diodora
Seekvaira
Zefordoll
Saji (Base)
Irina (Post Angel mode)
The rest of Sariaorg’s servants
Ravel (?)

Low Tier
Most Middle ranked devils
Issei (base mode after volume 2 training but before volume 5)
Kiba (Base Mode)
Zenovia (Excalibur Destruction)
Koneko Tojo
The other student council members
Irina (Excalibur Mimic)
Gasper
Raiser’s servants

Fodder Tier
Most low ranked devils
Issei (at the beginning)
Low ranked Fallen Angels
Reynalle

Jelly Tier
Matsuda
Motohama

aigomorla
2012-05-16, 16:40
Ross is high tier.
She used to be the ex body gaurd of odin.

Xenovia is also high class tier.
In the Gremory standing she ties with Ross, Akeno when wielding Ex Durandal.

Log
2012-05-16, 16:45
Ross is high tier.
She used to be the ex body gaurd of odin.

Xenovia is also high class tier.
In the Gremory standing she ties with Ross, Akeno when wielding Ex Durandal.

Notice how I put Akeno in mid tier to. Ross being Odin's bodyguard doesn't mean anything. Odin only keeps Ross around for eye candy and to troll her anyway.

Kutra
2012-05-16, 16:51
Rias is a princess, so she is an ultimate class devil.
Akeno haves now six fallen angel wings, so she is an high tier.
Xenovia was one of the best exorcists.

aigomorla
2012-05-16, 16:52
i really think your devaluing team gremory.

If you recall what happened in the mid tier testing, you'd realize,
Akeno + Ise + Kiba -> high tier.
Ise in Oppai Mode -> Something over ultimate class...

Ross is not any weaker then Akeno... and Norse magic is infact stronger then Devil + Angel + Fallen Angel magic.

Raizer even said, Rias herself is not strong, what makes her team strong is her tallent to pick up people.

And Saji said it best...
Why is it always when working with Gremory, Life or Death Situations always occure...

Akeno haves now six fallen angel wings, so she is an high tier.

Rias is not ultimate.
She has potential to be ultimate, however if she got into a match against kiba or ise, she would get owned pretty badly.
Akeno was high tier b4 she got 6 wings.
Xenovia battle powers vary depending on what sword she uses.
But she is good enough to work out with kiba and force him to use his tatics.

Log
2012-05-16, 16:56
Akeno have now six fallen angel wings, so she is an high tier.

Rias is a high class devil. What are talking about? And she get's stomped by everyone in ultimate class level.

Wings=power is only speculation. Again Akeno get's stomped by everyone in high tier.

Xenovia being the best exorcist doesn't mean anything. She's still not nearly as good as the likes of Siegfried until volume 12.

Do you guys understand how tiers work. Tiers are meant to indicate characters that are in the same ballpark as each other. In other words if two people in the same tier fight one of them is walking away with a mortal wound or a tie might happen. It has nothing to do with ranks in the books. It's just to indicate a level of power.

i really think your devaluing team gremory.

If you recall what happened in the mid tier testing, you'd realize,
Akeno + Ise + Kiba -> high tier.
Ise in Oppai Mode -> Something over ultimate class...

Ross is not any weaker then Akeno... and Norse magic is infact stronger then Devil + Angel + Fallen Angel magic.

Raizer even said, Rias herself is not strong, what makes her team strong is her tallent to pick up people.

And Saji said it best...
Why is it always when working with Gremory, Life or Death Situations always occure...

Rias is not ultimate.
She has potential to be ultimate, however if she got into a match against kiba or ise, she would get owned pretty badly.
Akeno was high tier b4 she got 6 wings.
Xenovia battle powers vary depending on what sword she uses.
But she is good enough to work out with kiba and force him to use his tatics.

Akeno, Ross and Xenovia are on par with high level demons. Notice how mid tier is where I put "most high class demons".

I'm not devalueing anything. I'm just stating where they rank at from what they've shown compared to other characters.

Kutra
2012-05-16, 17:01
aigomorla@ The prince and princess are the weakest of the ultimate class. Rias can easily defeat an high class devil, but she has faced enemies far more powerful.

Log@
http://i.imgur.com/tehv8l.jpg

Log
2012-05-16, 17:14
aigomorla@ The prince and princess are the weakest of the ultimate class. Rias can easily defeat an high class devil, but she has faced enemies far more powerful.

Log@
http://i.imgur.com/tehv8l.jpg

That charts wrong then. It's stated mutiple times that Rias is high class devil.

Also LOL at Rias easily defeating a high class devil. Raiser was high class and he wasn't even trying. Ross, Xenovia and Akeno are all considered on par with high class devils. They would also win against Rias. Rias's overall level seems to be the lower end of high classs.

ReaperxKingx
2012-05-16, 17:19
The Classes doesn't matter, it is like the Roman Empire. Classes doesn't represent strength, Rias is High Class and Princess due to her being a Gremory. Ise is considered High Class in his Balance Breaker without boast and he was a low class Devil.

whsie
2012-05-16, 17:25
I agree. There has been way too much made of this class=strength idea.

It's all relative. If we were to pick one devil from 100 high class devils and and one from 100 low class devils, chances are, the high class devil is stronger. However, that doesn't definitively mean that the low class devil can't be stronger.

sky black swordman
2012-05-16, 20:43
Yes its like ReaperxKingx said the reason why rias is in the high class ranks is because of status well that part of it any way . And rank of strength for Rias team is like this now after vol 12

1 Issei
2 kiba
3 Akeno
On Rias and the others I cant says without being bias.

One thing I now is that Issei's power and tier rank and power clas goes up depending on which form he takes.
And Akeno depending is she uses her new fallen angel form.
And Kiba depending on the SG and his new swords.

Log
2012-05-16, 20:55
Yes its like ReaperxKingx said the reason why rias is in the high class ranks is because of status well that part of it any way . And rank of strength for Rias team is like this now after vol 12

1 Issei
2 kiba
3 Akeno
On Rias and the others I cant says without being bias.

One thing I now is that Issei's power and tier rank and power clas goes up depending on which form he takes.
And Akeno depending is she uses her new fallen angel form.
And Kiba depending on the SG and his new swords.

Actually Xenovia should be far above Akeno and maybe even Kiba considering that current durandual was stated to have power equal to BB Cao Cao. Don't know how she compares with Issei though.

sky black swordman
2012-05-16, 21:10
Actually Xenovia should be far above Akeno and maybe even Kiba considering that current durandual was stated to have power equal to BB Cao Cao. Don't know how she compares with Issei though.

No they maybe even because they both have something that kill Devils. Akeno has the power of light and Xenovia Ex Durandal.

Log
2012-05-16, 21:30
No they maybe even because they both have something that kill Devils. Akeno has the power of light and Xenovia Ex Durandal.

EX durandual is a hell of a lot stronger then light you do know that right? Also are you saying that Akeno=Cao Cao cause if you are then that's just wrong.

sky black swordman
2012-05-16, 22:07
EX durandual is a hell of a lot stronger then light you do know that right? Also are you saying that Akeno=Cao Cao cause if you are then that's just wrong.

Yes I know which is stronger but for now they are even . Akeno can control her power better and Xenovia still has yet fully learned how to control EX durandual .
And i think we should stop log because this is starting to sound like a discussion.

Uberchu
2012-05-17, 21:08
Sorry guys, I have another question. I just finished Volume 11, and what exactly happened with Ophis's power? First it seemed like it got taken away, but then Ophis said she actually sealed her power away so Samael didn't take it, but then it's stated she still had her powers lost. What exactly happened? And will she ever get it back?

n0m@n
2012-05-17, 21:11
Sorry guys, I have another question. I just finished Volume 11, and what exactly happened with Ophis's power? First it seemed like it got taken away, but then Ophis said she actually sealed her power away so Samael didn't take it, but then it's stated she still had her powers lost. What exactly happened? And will she ever get it back?

Well Ophis's power were indeed taken by Samael. Georg said that they took more than 75% of her powers. But Ophis released her powers outside while her powers were being taken by Sameal. So actual some of her powers is not confirmed and she did not get 75% of her powers like Georg said.

Azure-Priest
2012-05-17, 21:14

When Ophis noticed Samael, she sent a certain amount of her power away.

Samael stole a rather large percentage of the rest (some places list 75%).

Ophis recovers the power she sent away, bringing her to twice the power of the heavenly dragons at their peak but this situation makes her powers unstable. She can't use them without destroying friend and foe alike.

After being rescued by Isei.

Her powers are reduced in forging Ise's new body and then presumably further sealed to stabilize them, making her a "highly strong normal dragon." Unfortunately relegating her to the role of "mascot" since the evil pieces currently can not be used on "god" class beings including Ophis even though her powers have been significantly weakened.

rickiminato
2012-05-19, 02:11
who is the primary antagonist of hs dxd?

Mammon
2012-05-19, 03:21
It's hades in the third arc,the old maou faction in the second and either raiser phenix or reynalle in the first,but the main antagonist is meant to be hades

Also there is a questions and answers threads as well so you should ask there

Azure-Priest
2012-05-19, 03:25
who is the primary antagonist of hs dxd?

That changes from arc to arc.

To date:

1.) Raynelle, the fallen angel who murdered Ise.

2.) Riser Phenex, the high class devil who was Rias' arranged fiance.

3.) Kokabiel, the fallen angel who deliberately tried to start a war just to prove his race (fallen angels) are superior to everyone else.

4.) Vali.

5.) Shalba and the "old maou" faction.

6.) Cao Cao and the "hero" faction.

7.) Same as above+ Hades, god of the dead.

The most recent "primary antagonist" was Cao Cao of the "hero" faction, which TBH is anything BUT heroic. The closest we saw to heroic from them was Sigfreed, at least he fought and died honorably. We can NOT say the same for Jeanne who used children as shields, Heracles who actively attacked helpless children or Cao Cao who deliberately targeted a non- combatant, Asia, just to force Ise to protect her. (And take heavy damage in the process).

8.) Possible future Antagonist, Indra, Hindu god of war, presumably as strong as the 4 current Maous put together.

sky black swordman
2012-05-19, 05:24
That changes from arc to arc.

To date:

1.) Raynelle, the fallen angel who murdered Ise.

2.) Riser Phenex, the high class devil who was Rias' arranged fiance.

3.) Kokabiel, the fallen angel who deliberately tried to start a war just to prove his race (fallen angels) are superior to everyone else.

4.) Vali.

5.) Shalba and the "old maou" faction.

6.) Cao Cao and the "hero" faction.

7.) Same as above+ Hades, god of the dead.

The most recent "primary antagonist" was Cao Cao of the "hero" faction, which TBH is anything BUT heroic. The closest we saw to heroic from them was Sigfreed, at least he fought and died honorably. We can NOT say the same for Jeanne who used children as shields, Heracles who actively attacked helpless children or Cao Cao who deliberately targeted a non- combatant, Asia, just to force Ise to protect her. (And take heavy damage in the process).

8.) Possible future Antagonist, Indra, Hindu god of war, presumably as strong as the 4 current Maous put together.

Before Cao Cao and the "hero" faction and after Shalba and the "old maou" faction, it was Loki The Norse God of Mischief.

Tried to kill Odin to stop the peace talk's and start Ragnarok

Mammon
2012-05-19, 06:06
I wouldn't really say there was any antagonist in volume 5 as all they did was train,the closest were kuroka and bikou.Or maybe the sitri team for the RG
Maybe even azazel and tananim for the hellish training for ise and weeks away from rias

n0m@n
2012-05-19, 06:37
Well main antagonists for each volume would go like following.....
Volume 1 - Reynalle
Volume 2 - Raiser
Volume 3 - Kokabiel
Volume 4 -Vali
Volume 6 - Diodora
Volume 7 - Loki
Volume 9 - Hero Faction
Volume 11/12 - Hero Faction(mainly Cao Cao).

But Volume 5 and 10 didn't have main antagonist. It was like a rivalry volume between Ise and certain character.
Volume 4 - Vali*
Volume 5 - Saji
Volume 10 - Sairaorg
Volume 11/12 - Cao Cao*

It actually is good to have volume with rivals rather than antagonist. Well personally I like battles between rivals than battle between MC and Last Boss characters. In Volume 4, Vali would be considered an antagonist rather than rival. Well all of you can understand the reason when you read volume 4 so no reason for me to go in details. And Cao Cao is definitely an antagonist but is considered as one of Ise's rival from many Japanese readers. Personally hoping for a fourth battle between Ise and Cao Cao since in their third battle wasnt satisfying at all.

@GEMC
2012-05-19, 08:44
about the thing azazel said can you tell what he meant in volume 4

“…….I have lost a lot of things. However, there’s no helping seeking for things that aren’t present. It is our duty to guide humans. We members of the Seraph have the same opinion that the most important thing is to watch over the children of God from now on as well, and to guide them.”

“Hey hey, with your speech just now, you’ll ‘fall’ you know? -----I thought that but you took over the system, right. It’s become a good world. It’s completely different from the time when we ‘fell’.”

Mammon
2012-05-19, 10:18
Maybe What he meant was from the great war between the three faction where many lives were lost,not sure though!when they fell they became fallen angels,ones that have lost the grace of god,and we're seen as evil existences and attacked by the angels

In volume 12 Siegfried said that akuja Beelzebub was the only devil who could match sirzcechs, if I'm not mistaken,but surely ise could of put up a fight against him even before he got the dragon body as he could fight him for 10 minutes head-on,although he wasn't really trying

NoirX
2012-05-19, 10:22
about the thing azazel said can you tell what he meant in volume 4

“…….I have lost a lot of things. However, there’s no helping seeking for things that aren’t present. It is our duty to guide humans. We members of the Seraph have the same opinion that the most important thing is to watch over the children of God from now on as well, and to guide them.”

“Hey hey, with your speech just now, you’ll ‘fall’ you know? -----I thought that but you took over the system, right. It’s become a good world. It’s completely different from the time when we ‘fell’.”

What Azazel meant is that Michael is making the world better when he took over the System that God creates, unlike the time when God was still alive. At that time many Angels become Fallen Angels and the world was in chaos of the Three-Big-Factions war which took alot of lives

XFire
2012-05-19, 16:08
Maybe What he meant was from the great war between the three faction where many lives were lost,not sure though!when they fell they became fallen angels,ones that have lost the grace of god,and we're seen as evil existences and attacked by the angels

In volume 12 Siegfried said that akuja Beelzebub was the only devil who could match sirzcechs, if I'm not mistaken,but surely ise could of put up a fight against him even before he got the dragon body as he could fight him for 10 minutes head-on,although he wasn't really trying

If Ise used CCQ then he might be able to fight on the same level as Sirzechs. If he can still use boost in CCQ, he should have enough raw power to overwhelm Sirzechs POD.

Of course, if CCQ is completed, Ise will (hypothetically) have Ddraigs original power, and it'd be Sirzechs on the losing end.

Soji
2012-05-19, 16:11
XFire@ If we talk about normal Sirzechs ...then yes. But we dont know about Sirzechs true form that we see in vol 12.

Mammon
2012-05-19, 16:30
Soji@ doesn't sirzcechs go out of control when he uses his max power,so it is roughly the same as JD so he'll attack anybody and everybody

XFire
2012-05-19, 16:32
XFire@ If we talk about normal Sirzechs ...then yes. But we dont know about Sirzechs true form that we see in vol 12.

I was talking about his true form. He does something similar to Magia Erebea from Negima, where his body becomes made out of his power (in this case, Power of Destruction). But Indra is supposed to be stronger than all of the current Maou together, and he's weaker than the Bible god, who Ddraig either equaled or surpassed, so by association, complete CCQ would completely outclass everyone but Vali in sheer power.

Of course, Sirzechs has way more experience, and his power is at least partly Anti-Magic, so he might be able to bridge the power gap.

@Mammon he didn't lose control, or he would have killed Hades. He was just really, REALLY pissed about what happened to Ise.

Soji
2012-05-19, 16:32
Mammon @No he dont go out of controll. He can talk and all it's just that his power spreads .Afterall he become like POD in human shape or something like this.

XFire@ That's true. But like you say Sizechs has way more experience. Also we see more than one time that weaker people can defeat the stronger. Hell Ise is the best example on this.

Mammon
2012-05-19, 16:44
I thought it was the original maou and where does it stats that in the novel?

Awrya
2012-05-19, 17:16
I thought it was the original maou and where does it stats that in the novel?

The fact that Sirzechs, Azazel and Zenith Tempest user (forgot name) went to Hades, Sirzechs went body PoD mode and all of the party came back alive indicates that he has control over his PoD mode. If someone were to touch him in PoD mode it would be a different story, but he does not go berserk like Ise in JD.

Richocet
2012-05-19, 23:16
I was talking about his true form. He does something similar to Magia Erebea from Negima, where his body becomes made out of his power (in this case, Power of Destruction). But Indra is supposed to be stronger than all of the current Maou together, and he's weaker than the Bible god, who Ddraig either equaled or surpassed, so by association, complete CCQ would completely outclass everyone but Vali in sheer power.

Of course, Sirzechs has way more experience, and his power is at least partly Anti-Magic, so he might be able to bridge the power gap.

@Mammon he didn't lose control, or he would have killed Hades. He was just really, REALLY pissed about what happened to Ise.

No its said that Indra 's power is equal to the 4 Moau not greater

XFire
2012-05-19, 23:25

Sorry, that wasn't clear. Indra is equal to the four current Maou. God, on the other hand, is stronger than Indra (he was said to be the strongest god). By extension, the Heavenly Dragons who equal God would surpass Indra.

Edit: And by extension, they far surpass Sirzechs (lol, I forgot my original post and thought we were talking about Indra.

Log
2012-05-19, 23:29

Which is still pretty scary considering that all 4 maous are top tiers in the demon world and Sirzechs and Ajuka are super devils. That's some crazy power that Indra wields. And supposely God is even above Indra. Then Ddraig and Albion are a least equal to God. Finally Ophis even at below 50% is at double that of the heavenly dragons.

Take note that every one of these characters are thousands if not millions of times greater then Issei who destroyed a mountian in volume 2. Only a nuke is capable of such level of energy output to destroy a mountian and it has to be concentrated. If we use power scaling that means that the gods are capable of generating thousands of times greater energy then volume 2 Issei who already has the power output of a nuke...................................

How the hell has humanity not been wiped out yet?

XFire
2012-05-20, 00:06
Which is still pretty scary considering that all 4 maous are top tiers in the demon world and Sirzechs and Ajuka are super devils. That's some crazy power that Indra wields. And supposely God is even above Indra. Then Ddraig and Albion are a least equal to God. Finally Ophis even at below 50% is at double that of the heavenly dragons.

Take note that every one of these characters are thousands if not millions of times greater then Issei who destroyed a mountian in volume 2. Only a nuke is capable of such level of energy output to destroy a mountian and it has to be concentrated. If we use power scaling that means that the gods are capable of generating thousands of times greater energy then volume 2 Issei who already has the power output of a nuke...................................

Because the angels were on their side, protecting them up till the last great war. And the devils would protect their clients, and the fallen angels would protect their followers, etc. Besides there are plenty of humans with strong powers, and only humans can use Sacred Gears.

And the three big factions were more or less annihilated by the last war, so they had to focus on regaining their strength. They didn't really care about the humans at the time.

Valky
2012-05-20, 00:10

Well, Maou and the other gods still need humans, after all .. to worship them and other stuff. On the other hand Ophis or Great Red don't have any interest in humanity, thus destroying them would be pointless.

Mammon
2012-05-20, 02:06
But wasn't that said when they didn't know sirzcechs true power,if im not mistaken,so as a result it would be different in my eyes

Azure-Priest
2012-05-20, 05:44

Because all the mythical factions are...

1.) Too busy fighting each other either actively or in a "cold war"/ MAD stand off.

2.) Using human belief systems as a "power source" through prayer and worship.

In short, they don't WANT to destroy humanity.

Mammon
2012-05-20, 06:18
If the SG is connected to the users body,how does ise still retain the use of BG when he has a new body?
Or is it also connected to the soul aswell?

Soji
2012-05-20, 06:29
If the SG is connected to the users body,how does ise still retain the use of BG when he has a new body?

I think the SG it's connected to the soul more than the body. Also to answer you question there is a big reason here.In vol 12 we find out that the BG senpai protect Ise soul and Ddraig link Ise soul to BB armor.And DDraig use a great deal of power to
sustain Ise soul. So in that moment BG and Ise soul where like one or connect for sure. Hope I make this enough clear.

sky black swordman
2012-05-20, 07:04

If you watch FMA then its the same way Ed save his brother Al he bounded his soul to a suit of armor.
For everything else its what Soji said.

Mammon
2012-05-20, 07:09
If ise had to be protected by the past BG users wouldn't vali and even Ophis have some degree of damage to their souls no matter their power?As they had no defence to there soul only their body's?
Or is the soul only defenceless after the body is destroyed?

sky black swordman
2012-05-20, 07:15
If ise had to be protected by the past BG users wouldn't vali and even Ophis have some degree of damage to their souls no matter their power?As they had no defence to there soul only their body's?
Or is the soul only defenceless after the body is destroyed?

Samuel's curse or poison works like this it destroys the body first and then the soul until there is nothing left .
In some cases if the person has high demonic powers they will with stand it for a while but will succumb to the curse/poison.
Vail with stand it for a while because of his inherited high demonic powers.
Issei verl little to no demonic powers so could not fight with stand it .
For Ophis I think that she was too strong to have gotten damage. All Samuel did was restraint and steal her power.
If I remember right in vol 9 the Hero faction tried to summon GR to See what kind of effect Samuel would have on him.
There is no way to know what kind of effect Samuel would have on him and sense Ophis is like him a Divine Dragon there also no way to know if it can kill her or damage her soul.

zzhk
2012-05-20, 20:27
I hate sounding like a mod, but once again, I would like to remind everyone that the Questions and Answers thread is meant for simple factual queries with straight answers. Please avoid extended discussion and speculation.

Sorry, that wasn't clear. Indra is equal to the four current Maou. God, on the other hand, is stronger than Indra (he was said to be the strongest god). By extension, the Heavenly Dragons who equal God would surpass Indra.

Edit: And by extension, they far surpass Sirzechs (lol, I forgot my original post and thought we were talking about Indra.
Indra being equal to 4 Maou is just something that is mentioned by various characters, but there is no actual basis since Indra has never fought the current generation of Maou.

Personally, I think it simply stems from the fact that Indra is the next strongest god after the original Bible God who did equal the original 4 Maou. Anyway, if people want to speculate on power levels, please do so in the Speculation Thread.

On a different note, I would like to suggest that questions about the latest volumes be placed under spoiler tags. After all, the Q&A should be somewhere for newcomers to clarify things, if they have to avoid it due to spoilers the thread loses its meaning. I know that the spoiler policy allows summarized material to be discussed openly, but that really doesn't help people who only follow the fully translated novels.

Hollow Apocalypse
2012-05-21, 18:29
Why does Loki attack Issei ? I couldn't find the volume that covered that part and have no idea what happened

Log
2012-05-21, 18:31
Why does Loki attack Issei ? I couldn't find the volume that covered that part and have no idea what happened

He didn't really attack Issei per say. It was more of the fact that he was attacking Odin and the Occults Club's job was to protect Odin so there was a conflict of interest.

Hollow Apocalypse
2012-05-21, 18:35
Why did Odin need protecting ? Even more lost now missing a whole volume and other chapters I've missed some important things.

sky black swordman
2012-05-21, 20:21
Why did Odin need protecting ? Even more lost now missing a whole volume and other chapters I've missed some important things.

Go to the High School DxD groups page and find the Questions and Answers the new location is at the top. The link is at the top.

Odin is strong but he is not as strong as he was when he was younger and Loki has in possession a giant wolf called Fenrir who is also his son and also Fenrir's sons hati and skoll . And can summon small versions of the Dragon of the end midgardsormr, but they are not as strong as the real thing.
On top of that loki is strong.

And Fennir's fangs can kill gods and from what I read is almost or as strong the red and White heavenly dragon emperor's.

loki is trying to kill Odin to stop the peace talks with other religious systems and to start ragnarok.

Mammon
2012-05-23, 13:33
Can ise turn into a dragon now that he has a new body made from part of GR's body?I know other Ophis can go human form but don't know about ise.

Richocet
2012-05-23, 15:29
I dont think we know what all his new body can do right know, it's just known that his body holds new abilities for him to unlock

sky black swordman
2012-05-23, 19:46
Can ise turn into a dragon now that he has a new body made from part of GR's body?I know other Ophis can go human form but don't know about ise.

At the moment it is unknown what kind powers and abilities Issei's new body will have. At best we may find something or be shown some glimpse of his new body's potential in vol 14 at the earliest.

Nihgthawk
2012-07-03, 02:36
OK I saw on Baka tsuki that there was a spot for My First Errand [Ophis Chapter] is it going to be translated or do we think it will be in vol 13?

sky black swordman
2012-07-03, 04:36
OK I saw on Baka tsuki that there was a spot for My First Errand [Ophis Chapter] is it going to be translated or do we think it will be in vol 13?

Akuma is already translating this one. Its on his blog.

sky black swordman
2012-07-03, 06:19
and the web address is?

This the link.
And be sure to thank the translator for his hard work.:)
http://www.akuma-scans.blogspot.com/2012/05/ophis-short-story-life-1-part-1_24.html?zx=4f9d825f2cac2348

AznSamsung
2012-07-20, 08:51
hey guys is me aznsamsung ... got a question that i need an answer to .... did ise regain all of his devil lifespan or the only remaining lifespan he still have after using judgement mode in chapter 6 ... after he got his pieces back into him?

Azure-Priest
2012-07-20, 12:11
It's a whole new body. We don't know if the loss of lifespan was in his old body or in his spirit.

Further, we don't know what his new body is capable of.

He may now have a portion of GR's and Ophis' lifespan which can be measured in eons.

Uberchu
2012-07-20, 15:10
Umm...sorry if this question is a bit stupid, but what does Ise's Balance Breaker do? Does it just make him super strong, sort of like a Super Saiyan? And does he continue to boost in Balance Breaker?

ReaperxKingx
2012-07-20, 15:31
Umm...sorry if this question is a bit stupid, but what does Ise's Balance Breaker do? Does it just make him super strong, sort of like a Super Saiyan? And does he continue to boost in Balance Breaker?

Ise's balance breaker is a set of Red armor that increases all of his bases attributes. Ise can still use boost in Balance Breaker, but it will take away his stamina and the amount of time he can stay in Balance Breaker form. It becomes less of an issue later on.

sky black swordman
2012-07-20, 19:33
@Uberchu Its as @ReaperxKingx but he forgot to add that using GIFT will have do same thing Boost does in Balance Breaker form .

And on a side note Balance Breaker you conpared it a Super Saiyan? The Author himself compared Balance Breaker to that and Bankai.:heh:

XFire
2012-07-20, 23:12
@Uberchu the Balance Breaker for BG and DD are different than normal in that they give the user the attribute of the sealed Heavenly Dragon. Normal BB would add or expand the SG ability, and these two are no exception, but it also gives them draconic powers.

Additional powers:

Ise - Instant Full-Boost (multiple boosts at once) / Boost * N (Unlimited/extreme power for single strike)

Vali - Half Dimension (divide space)

Gene098
2012-07-21, 15:47
Did Ise ever suck Rias' breasts?

Mojzes
2012-07-21, 16:04
Did Ise ever suck Rias' breasts?

From what I remember he didn't . He just groped them and played with her nipples.

Gene098
2012-07-21, 17:04
From what I remember he didn't . He just groped them and played with her nipples.

Could you tell me which vol and which chapter he
1)groped
2)Played with her nipples(I really don't remember this)

Mojzes
2012-07-21, 17:33
Could you tell me which vol and which chapter he
1)groped
2)Played with her nipples(I really don't remember this)

That's a difficult to fulfill request, however he played with her nipples ( Poked them ) in the fights , with Rias beeing the Swith Princess . He also groped them but only during the fights and not private life, unfortunately.

That's all i know.

Gene098
2012-07-21, 17:36
That's a difficult to fulfill request, however he played with her nipples ( Poked them ) in the fights , with Rias beeing the Swith Princess . He also groped them but only during the fights and not private life, unfortunately.

That's all i know.

did he poke them in public so everyone could see?
and same for groping?

zzhk
2012-07-21, 17:49
Why don't you just read all the existing translations?

All the breast power up scenes are already done.

ReaperxKingx
2012-07-21, 17:50
Ah Ise first poked Rias' breasts during vol 5 when fighting Koneko's older sister Kuroka to achieve Balance Breaker. Kuroka is here http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/images/thumb/3/31/High_school_dxd_v11_005.jpg/800px-High_school_dxd_v11_005.jpg

Afterwards in vol 6, he poked Rias' breast again to release Juggernaut Drive. Vol 9 he poked Rias' breast again to unlock Triana.

sky black swordman
2012-07-21, 18:59
did he poke them in public so everyone could see?
and same for groping?

Its as @zzhk said they are.
Rias does not like to show breast in public so everyone could see. She usually let them out in way so that no one will see them expect Issei.
In vol 5 To reach BB Issei poke them but only Koneko and Koneko's sister saw.
In vol 8 grope Rias in front of her sister.However she told him too to increse his power .
In vol 9 he once again poked her nipples but before she exposed her breast's she made it so no one would see them besides Issei.
In vol 11 he use GIFT on her breast's . I dont think he poke them or grope them.

Gene098
2012-07-21, 20:32
Its as @zzhk said they are.
Rias does not like to show breast in public so everyone could see. She usually let them out in way so that no one will see them expect Issei.
In vol 5 To reach BB Issei poke them but only Koneko and Koneko's sister saw.
In vol 8 grope Rias in front of her sister.However she told him too to increse his power .
In vol 9 he once again poked her nipples but before she exposed her breast's she made it so no one would see them besides Issei.
In vol 11 he use GIFT on her breast's . I dont think he poke them or grope them.

Thanks So Much!

1)Just curious but when you say "Rias does not like to show breast in public so everyone could see. She usually let them out in way so that no one will see them expect Issei."

Are you infering that from what Rias said or just by observing her personality?

2) In vol 8 when did Rias have a sister?

3)Does anyone know if there are any scenes missing from this list?

sky black swordman
2012-07-21, 21:46
Thanks So Much!

1)Just curious but when you say "Rias does not like to show breast in public so everyone could see. She usually let them out in way so that no one will see them expect Issei."

Are you infering that from what Rias said or just by observing her personality?

2) In vol 8 when did Rias have a sister?

3)Does anyone know if there are any scenes missing from this list?

1) Both . Rias gets embarrassed and flushed when she does it.
In vol 5 when Issei first asked her if he can poke her nipples to attain BB, she thinks about then lets him.
She then tells him to hurry because it is embarrassing.

In vol 6 before she goes to Issei in Juggernaut Drive , she looks at vail who is there .
Rias glances or glares at which causes him to look away.

In vol 9 to help Issei attain Triana shifts her position so no one other then Issei can see her breast.
The Whole idea of poking nipples came from Azazel in vol 5.
Issei after hearing the idea decided that he want to do it too.

2) Yes she does. Well she is her sister in law Grayfia.
Grayfia is married to Rias's brother Sirzechs.

3) Vol 6 like @eaperxKingx said to release Juggernaut Drive.

ReaperxKingx
2012-07-21, 21:50
Oh and in case if anyone is wondering, the author said he might do a volume 0 for Sirzerchs and Grayfia history.

bludvein
2012-07-21, 22:25
Oh and in case if anyone is wondering, the author said he might do a volume 0 for Sirzerchs and Grayfia history.

Not really that interested tbh. It would be a story worth reading but I would much rather get another volume with the main cast instead.

dannclark
2012-07-22, 07:08
speaking of sirzerchs in volume 12 he azazeal and that other dude from the heaven faction are in hades crib he says that he wont show hades mercy or something the next time.

Does sirzerchs actually stand a chance against a god or was he just saying it for effect?

ImperialFlameGod8190
2012-07-22, 07:11
He stands a chance because he's a Maou which is the devil's version of God

XFire
2012-07-22, 07:33
Sirzechs would have killed Hades if it had come to a fight. The original Lucifer Maou was a God-class being, and Sirzechs was ten times his strength. At the moment, I'm assuming he'd be in the top mid-class to low high-class of God's.

dannclark
2012-07-22, 07:42
He stands a chance because he's a Maou which is the devil's version of God

i heard from someone earlier though hes not even ranked in the top 10 strongest considering hades is like basically everything that resembles evil in greek religion you'd have to think hes got some serious power on his hands. It seems unlikely to me that a natural born devil with no god killing ability's could take down a god one on one. I dunno unless someone has proof that he could

XFire
2012-07-22, 14:08
i heard from someone earlier though hes not even ranked in the top 10 strongest considering hades is like basically everything that resembles evil in greek religion you'd have to think hes got some serious power on his hands. It seems unlikely to me that a natural born devil with no god killing ability's could take down a god one on one. I dunno unless someone has proof that he could

You're missing a couple facts there.

One, Hades isn't top ten either.

Two, that ranking didn't include the "Made of Destruction" thing.

Three, Hades isn't evil, in fact he's actually the most sympathetic god in the original myth's. He's the god of death, which most people connect to Hell. But in this case it's literally all death and afterlife, including the Greek versions of Heaven, Purgatory, and Hell.

Four, Sirzechs isn't actually a "normal" devil. During the "Hades" chapter in vol 12, Azazel talks about Sirzechs and Ajuka being super-devils. They're implied to be some kind of mutation, which gives them a level of power completely beyond normal devils, including the previous Maou.

Finally, Hades nearly pissed his pants when Sirzechs got serious. Just by standing there he was destroying his surroundings.

bludvein
2012-07-22, 14:36
As long as we are on the topic of Greek myths...Hades wasn't really all that evil in comparison to the other gods. He was a bit bitter in some versions of the myth, but the whole connotation of Hades being evil is a rather modern interpretation. He just got the short end of the stick because hes associated with death.

Actually, some of the "good" gods did far worse when considered with the morals of a modern person. I mean, isn't Zeus famous for raping people left and right regardless of gender once he took a liking to them?

Okay, little mythology lesson over >.>

dannclark
2012-07-22, 17:37
Well, he doesn't seem all that sympathetic or docile in this LN so i'd say there sticking with the modern interpretation. And yeah i know none of the gods were actually 'good guys' gods in myth are always feared by humanity.

Also im still a little confused in regards to the whole mage thing and devils forming a contract with them what good is a devil to a mage considering they'd probably have their own skillset to get the job done like georg was supposedly one and he seemed like he was more than capable in any situation.

dannclark
2012-07-24, 00:09
also just ondering but is there an ETA on volume 13?

Welsh_Dragon
2012-07-24, 00:28
@dannclark First, please try not to double post. Second, it comes out on September 20th.

cyberdemon
2012-07-24, 03:05
As long as we are on the topic of Greek myths...Hades wasn't really all that evil in comparison to the other gods. He was a bit bitter in some versions of the myth, but the whole connotation of Hades being evil is a rather modern interpretation. He just got the short end of the stick because hes associated with death.

Actually, some of the "good" gods did far worse when considered with the morals of a modern person. I mean, isn't Zeus famous for raping people left and right regardless of gender once he took a liking to them?

Okay, little mythology lesson over >.>

I took a class in mythology. The way it was described was that Hades is HIGHLY overworked since he gets 1 day off a year. He's more grouchy than anything. The worst thing he actually did was kidnap Persephone and make her his wife (and I heard she was worse than he was). Disney was the one who made a villain out of him.

sky black swordman
2012-07-24, 04:08
@dannclark First, please try not to double post. Second, it comes out on September 20th.

Its also comes with a DVD while supplies last.:heh:

Azure-Priest
2012-07-24, 10:53
Well, he doesn't seem all that sympathetic or docile in this LN so i'd say there sticking with the modern interpretation. And yeah i know none of the gods were actually 'good guys' gods in myth are always feared by humanity.

Also im still a little confused in regards to the whole mage thing and devils forming a contract with them what good is a devil to a mage considering they'd probably have their own skillset to get the job done like georg was supposedly one and he seemed like he was more than capable in any situation.

Devils are plenty good to a mage, especially after signing a pact.

You ever hear the phrase "two heads are often better than one?"

Besides, there's plenty that a devil can do that a mage can not, at least not easily. For example, a mage who formed a pact with Ise could have Ise gather some rare ingredients from the Gremory territory. This would be a rather simple task for Ise, but tricky, insanely difficult and downright dangerous for the mage to even attempt directly.

The difference between a contract, like we've seen, and a pact is a matter of degree.

A contract, as shown, is pretty much a "day laborer" kind of thing.

A pact, is a long term "promissory note" where the pact holder can call upon the devil at any time for a pressing need, combat, assistant, etc.

As expected, the price for forming a pact should be considerably more costly than a simple contract.

dannclark
2012-07-24, 20:25
Devils are plenty good to a mage, especially after signing a pact.

You ever hear the phrase "two heads are often better than one?"

Besides, there's plenty that a devil can do that a mage can not, at least not easily. For example, a mage who formed a pact with Ise could have Ise gather some rare ingredients from the Gremory territory. This would be a rather simple task for Ise, but tricky, insanely difficult and downright dangerous for the mage to even attempt directly.

The difference between a contract, like we've seen, and a pact is a matter of degree.

A contract, as shown, is pretty much a "day laborer" kind of thing.

A pact, is a long term "promissory note" where the pact holder can call upon the devil at any time for a pressing need, combat, assistant, etc.

As expected, the price for forming a pact should be considerably more costly than a simple contract.

I had thought about this, but i don't think they'd go to the trouble of picking the devil with the highest ranking points (as stated by azazeal) if they were just planning on making them recieve herbs and such from difficult locations. I figured it would be similar to a ZnT situation where the devils are more like familiars who are there to protect the mages since they themselves are just frail humans who can cast spells. For example a devil like ise who can use the heavenly dragons power would be better off used for actual combat while someone like asia would be handy to help out with magical incantations boost magic power etc.

Velial
2012-07-29, 10:19
Speaking of which when next Arc will be released?

lilNewBlood
2012-07-29, 10:26
Around the end of this year(dec) ...if you count based on past releases

Azure-Priest
2012-07-30, 13:20
I had thought about this, but i don't think they'd go to the trouble of picking the devil with the highest ranking points (as stated by azazeal) if they were just planning on making them recieve herbs and such from difficult locations. I figured it would be similar to a ZnT situation where the devils are more like familiars who are there to protect the mages since they themselves are just frail humans who can cast spells. For example a devil like ise who can use the heavenly dragons power would be better off used for actual combat while someone like asia would be handy to help out with magical incantations boost magic power etc.

Gathering spell ingredients can be a dangerous task too. You notice what Ise had to go through in getting the antidote ingredients for Loli Asia and Loli Rias?

NoirX
2012-08-05, 05:55
Gathering spell ingredients can be a dangerous task too. You notice what Ise had to go through in getting the antidote ingredients for Loli Asia and Loli Rias?

It's a potion to be exact, the one used to reverse the aging-spell is a potion. Normal spells won't need ingredients

cyberdemon
2012-08-25, 02:03
Here's a question I have. Has anyone ever actually visually confirmed that Gasper has anything down there? I know another LN with a character who was passed off as a male (complete with "cross dressing") before it was revealed that "he" was actually a she (though she actually thought she was male). Could this actually be a similar circumstance? Could Gasper actually be a she who was simply raised as a he and thought that she was a he as a result?

for3ver
2012-08-25, 02:12
Here's a question I have. Has anyone ever actually visually confirmed that Gasper has anything down there? I know another LN with a character who was passed off as a male (complete with "cross dressing") before it was revealed that "he" was actually a she (though she actually thought she was male). Could this actually be a similar circumstance? Could Gasper actually be a she who was simply raised as a he and thought that she was a he as a result?

are u referring to yukimura? ^^ (god bless her... so damn cute...)

anyway... i don't believe it has been confirmed, apart from a few mentions of issei/gasper/kiba spending guy time talking, nothing else as far as i know has been said of it.

although i doubt, Rias wouldn't know, considering she made him her servant >>

zzhk
2012-08-25, 02:15
Don't forget Ise threw Gasper into the hot spring in Volume 5.

It'd be kind of hard to have a bath together and not be clear on their genders.

cyberdemon
2012-08-25, 02:23
Don't forget Ise threw Gasper into the hot spring in Volume 5.

It'd be kind of hard to have a bath together and not be clear on their genders.

Don't forget Gasper was wearing the towel like a girl would. Even has a picture of it lol. Unless Gasper is just REALLY tiny down there, it doesn't even seem to look like anything is there even if there was a limit to what could be drawn. They could've drawn it to at least seem like something was there.

are u referring to yukimura? ^^ (god bless her... so damn cute...)

anyway... i don't believe it has been confirmed, apart from a few mentions of issei/gasper/kiba spending guy time talking, nothing else as far as i know has been said of it.

although i doubt, Rias wouldn't know, considering she made him her servant >>

I somehow doubt that Rias would demand Gasper to strip or peek on him to make sure that he was actually a he. In this case it's just kind of something that she likely tried to take his word on.

Personally I feel that when it gets to an arc with the vampires, that there will end up probably being a reveal like this.

Azure-Priest
2012-08-25, 02:45
Don't forget Gasper was wearing the towel like a girl would. Even has a picture of it lol. Unless Gasper is just REALLY tiny down there, it doesn't even seem to look like anything is there even if there was a limit to what could be drawn. They could've drawn it to at least seem like something was there.

I somehow doubt that Rias would demand Gasper to strip or peek on him to make sure that he was actually a he. In this case it's just kind of something that she likely tried to take his word on.

Personally I feel that when it gets to an arc with the vampires, that there will end up probably being a reveal like this.

That would break Ise's and Xenovia's minds.

sky black swordman
2012-08-25, 04:03
Gasper I think confirmed himself that he is male.
He calls himself a "boy or man that cant protect a girl."

cyberdemon
2012-08-25, 11:47
Gasper I think confirmed himself that he is male.
He calls himself a "boy or man that cant protect a girl."

I've seen other LN's with girls who truly think that they are boys. It could just be the way Gasper was raised so Gasper doesn't really know the difference.

Nihgthawk
2012-08-25, 13:31
OK I got a question. On amazon.jp it says that the special edition of DxD vol 13 comes out on the 7th of September can while the normal edition comes out on the 20th. Is this right or will vol 13 come out a week earlier then expected.

n0m@n
2012-08-25, 19:26
I ordered the limited edition from ami-ami, but their site says that it will be released at late-September. Normal edition and limited edition both are said to be released on 20th. I dont know why but amazon-japan says it is coming out on 6th September. That's the only site which says it would be released on 6th, so I think it is a error.

rickiminato
2012-08-31, 16:19
which will be the news that on September 6 about dxd ?
maybe I think it will be the second season

KID2NR
2012-08-31, 18:14
I ordered the limited edition from ami-ami, but their site says that it will be released at late-September. Normal edition and limited edition both are said to be released on 20th. I dont know why but amazon-japan says it is coming out on 6th September. That's the only site which says it would be released on 6th, so I think it is a error.
I checked Kadokawa Shoten's online store. The LE version of Vol. 13 will be out on the 6th. The regular editon will be out two weeks after (Sep. 20). Usually when a Kadokawa or Fujimi book have a limited edition release, they would release it two weeks before the regular edition of the book is released.

Limited Edition
http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/book/bk_detail.php?pcd=201111000079

Regular Edition
http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/lnovel/bk_search.php?pcd=201111000168

And I got this info from the source, so there's no doubt that the LE version will be out first.

n0m@n
2012-08-31, 19:56
I checked Kadokawa Shoten's online store. The LE version of Vol. 13 will be out on the 6th. The regular editon will be out two weeks after (Sep. 20). Usually when a Kadokawa or Fujimi book have a limited edition release, they would release it two weeks before the regular edition of the book is released.

Limited Edition
http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/book/bk_detail.php?pcd=201111000079

Regular Edition
http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/lnovel/bk_search.php?pcd=201111000168

And I got this info from the source, so there's no doubt that the LE version will be out first.

Oh, you are right. It also says that on author's blog.
That's definitely a good news.
So the new information which is supposed to be revealed in 6th of September must be included in the limited edition.

which will be the news that on September 6 about dxd ?
maybe I think it will be the second season
It can be Season 2 like you said. There is also possibility that another OVA would come along with the next DxD manga or lightnovel.
Maybe also a game of DxD, since other LN from fujimi shobo also had games released after it's anime aired.

Akumasama
2012-09-01, 00:21
Oh, you are right. It also says that on author's blog.
That's definitely a good news.
So the new information which is supposed to be revealed in 6th of September must be included in the limited edition.

Which means more work for good ol' nomon.
It should reach you by around 10-12th September.
What's all this about new information? I am curious about that o_O

n0m@n
2012-09-01, 01:34
Which means more work for good ol' nomon.
It should reach you by around 10-12th September.
What's all this about new information? I am curious about that o_O

Yeah, I should get it around then. But ami-ami is still saying it will be coming out on late-Sept, and even amazon-japan (http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%8F%E3%82%A4%E3%82%B9%E3%82%AF%E3%83%BC%E3%8 3%ABD%C3%97D-13%E3%80%90BD%E4%BB%98%E9%99%90%E5%AE%9A%E7%89%88% E3%80%91-%E3%82%A4%E3%83%83%E3%82%BB%E3%83%BCSOS-%E5%8D%98%E8%A1%8C%E6%9C%AC-%E7%9F%B3%E8%B8%8F/dp/4829197676/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1346481066&sr=8-4) is saying it will be published on 6th Sept, but will be in-stock on 20th of Sept. Maybe thy will ship it on the 20th for international buyers.....

I think that 'new information' would be included in the limited edition volume 13. And since it comes with OVA, it won't be weird for it to be anime-related. So season 2 or another Ova.

Also, I still dont understand the difference between a 'Ova' and 'Oav". Is it just name or there is actually a significant difference?

Akumasama
2012-09-01, 09:18
I think that 'new information' would be included in the limited edition volume 13. And since it comes with OVA, it won't be weird for it to be anime-related. So season 2 or another Ova.

Also, I still dont understand the difference between a 'Ova' and 'Oav". Is it just name or there is actually a significant difference?

You talking about new information or new 'content' like the extra life of volume 8?

Azure-Priest
2012-09-01, 10:23
Yeah, I should get it around then. But ami-ami is still saying it will be coming out on late-Sept, and even amazon-japan (http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%8F%E3%82%A4%E3%82%B9%E3%82%AF%E3%83%BC%E3%8 3%ABD%C3%97D-13%E3%80%90BD%E4%BB%98%E9%99%90%E5%AE%9A%E7%89%88% E3%80%91-%E3%82%A4%E3%83%83%E3%82%BB%E3%83%BCSOS-%E5%8D%98%E8%A1%8C%E6%9C%AC-%E7%9F%B3%E8%B8%8F/dp/4829197676/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1346481066&sr=8-4) is saying it will be published on 6th Sept, but will be in-stock on 20th of Sept. Maybe thy will ship it on the 20th for international buyers.....

There actually is a significant difference. The first is "Original Video Animation," the other is "Original Animated Video."

I'm not 100% certain on which term applies to which, but one is something that is broadcast completely outside the story line in the source material. It's original material that exists purely in the animated version.

The other is stuff taken from the source material and spliced together in different ways. It could be previous episodes spliced together as a "highlight" reel. It could be the characters talking about, and reading the manga, or the source material and commenting on it. It could be other characters that don't normally get much screen time telling the audience what they think about events from episodes where another character was the focus, and so on. It's "original" but the content doesn't purely exist in the animated version.

kagato3
2012-09-01, 15:31
There actually is a significant difference. The first is "Original Video Animation," the other is "Original Animated Video."

I'm not 100% certain on which term applies to which, but one is something that is broadcast completely outside the story line in the source material. It's original material that exists purely in the animated version.

The other is stuff taken from the source material and spliced together in different ways. It could be previous episodes spliced together as a "highlight" reel. It could be the characters talking about, and reading the manga, or the source material and commenting on it. It could be other characters that don't normally get much screen time telling the audience what they think about events from episodes where another character was the focus, and so on. It's "original" but the content doesn't purely exist in the animated version.
Not sure where you got that but thats not correct. OVA and OAV are the same thing. OVA is the term that was used in japan for a direct to video anime (there may have been some hesataion to use OAV in Japan as AV is the term used for Adult Videos). The term OAV was made by english speakers to match OVA to english grammer. But these days OVA's are a thing of the past now its OAD (original animation DVD)

Velial
2012-09-01, 23:58

OVA or OAV (it doesn't matter which way you type it because they are the same thing). they're like episodes that were released direct to video. They usually have a higher budget and better quality animation than the TV series. it can be a sequel or a prequel. in addition, it's usually radically different from the animation style in the TV series.

n0m@n
2012-09-02, 07:06
@akumasama
Yeah, the new information. Maybe at the end of OVA there will be a message like "Season 2 coming in 2013 Autumn". Actually, I hope this would be the case.

Also thanks for the explanation on OVA/OAV guys. It always confused me about the differences. Yeah. certainly the To-love ru OVA had better quality than the TV version.

G147
2012-10-18, 03:08
What is Millicas' ability

cyberdemon
2012-10-19, 21:05
What is Millicas' ability

likely the same as his father's and his aunt's abilities.

lilNewBlood
2012-10-22, 01:21
It has been bugging me for a while but....could Gasper's Forbidden Parlour View be part/copy of Ddraig??? I mean there are 2 glaring points from the novel which suggestst that.

1) Gasper needs to drink the possessor of the Boosted Gear's blood to control the Sacred Gear.

2) Boosted Gear Juggernaut was able to use a similar attack in Vol 6

NeutralZero
2012-10-22, 02:12
Not certain but we think its not exactly needed to be the possessor of the boosted gear... it more of drinking a blood of a dragon due to its effect... etc... etc...

lilNewBlood
2012-10-22, 03:23
Not certain but we think its not exactly needed to be the possessor of the boosted gear... it more of drinking a blood of a dragon due to its effect... etc... etc...

Really? I tot Azazel told Gasper that he needs to drink the blood of Sekiryuutei possessor lol

NeutralZero
2012-10-22, 07:28
That's why we mention not certain...
But isn't this and his powers one of the reason why Gasper was abandon by his kind?
And that happen way before they met...
way before he suck his blood
Rather than saying its a copy from Sekiryutei, is it possible that it might be the opposite?
The only reference we could have from that is from Kiba's POV during Isse's JM noting more or less of an explanation afterwards... the next volume might give us an answer...

Oppaidragon
2012-11-28, 12:34
Can someone give me a link to ichei ishibumi 's blog?

nfsac
2012-11-28, 13:30
The chapter 22 of the manga will be released on december?
Is the series on a break since this month seems nothing was released?

sky black swordman
2012-11-28, 14:19
^ The RAW for chapter 22 is already out.
It was released about a week ago or so.

Vinley
2012-12-18, 21:56
Sup, I'm new here and I dream of being azazal's apprentice, into over.

I've played enough RPG's to know that dragon's blood(any body part actually) makes you crazy powered up if you drink(turn it into a potion, or make a sword out of it, ect) it. Gasper drinking issei's blood was just a generic power up for him, vampires and other blood suckers can use blood as a power up like a potion, and dragon blood is like an 'oomph' spell(for those of you not familiar with dragon quest 8, it's like a star power up in Mario, or a "destruction' potion in skyrim)

So far this has been a rather good premise for logic in this series, issei even said tannin is like a final boss, but a 2 volumes later he smacked down Loki with help from the breast fairy, seen this happen many times in games.(with FAR less crazy and breast'y circumstances)

I have a question, when was the first time they did the gender flipping? When issei was sick kiba turned into a hot nurse and said that this wasn't the first time they flipped genders, also Gasper also did it. Also is it on Baka tsuki?

bludvein
2012-12-18, 22:17
It was in one of the untranslated short stories from Dragon Magazine. It didn't make it into either compilation volume. The gender-flipping ray was used on the entire Occult Research Club with the exception of Ise. There is a short summary floating around here somewhere, but the only thing I remember is that Koneko was described as a super-buff guy like Mil-tan (brain bleach:twitch:).

Red_Zeal_Knight
2012-12-19, 01:13
Hmm well one of the spoiler about the first gender swap was all Occult member was hit but only Ise and Gasper don't change(gasper case apperance don't change but in side did)

The rest of the members has no memory of their former selfs
And Girl-Kiba takes a liking to Ise

Vinley
2012-12-19, 16:00
Senpai, I got another question, does issei have any offensive abilities other than punches/kicks, or the dragon shot, or dress break?(I know dress break isn't that an attack, but it sure does stop a fight and is offensive to women)

He really needs more variety in moves, Maybe a multi-dragon shot that bends a lot.

Lastly I am glad I did not read something with koneko looking like mil-tan, *shivers*, my heart would have been crushed like issei's when he found out Gasper was a boy, again thanks for the warning but I have a sour taste from imagining koneko as *shivers* that.

bludvein
2012-12-19, 16:34
Senpai, I got another question, does issei have any offensive abilities other than punches/kicks, or the dragon shot, or dress break?(I know dress break isn't that an attack, but it sure does stop a fight and is offensive to women)

He really needs more variety in moves, Maybe a multi-dragon shot that bends a lot.

Lastly I am glad I did not read something with koneko looking like mil-tan, *shivers*, my heart would have been crushed like issei's when he found out Gasper was a boy, again thanks for the warning but I have a sour taste from imagining koneko as *shivers* that.

Yup, he does. He learned how to breathe fire from Tannin in volume 5, and uses it in volume 9 and 12. He also has bilingual, although thats not really an offensive move.

He also can already bend his dragon shot. Don't know if he can do it with his scatter-shot version yet though.

Kutra
2012-12-19, 16:45
Ise haves also the Dragon Blaster in Triana Bishop mode and CCQ mode and also the sword Ascalon.

cyberdemon
2012-12-19, 18:46
There are special power punches with triana rook as well.

Vinley
2012-12-20, 00:24
Thanks again, but I feel like a rook punch is still a punch, though much more epic. Also, does issei still use his ascalon much? I think he mainly gives it to xenovia, she dual wielded it with her durundal, but got an upgraded durundal, now I think she just two hands her durundal considering ascalon is a toothpick compared to it. And bilingual is a tactical move, very very dirty,perverted, and underhanded tactical move.(it was made by issei, so I wouldn't have it any other way)

Is Ross gonna join issei's harem? To me she is a very desperate hobo that is also a cluts.(sorry Ross fans, but she worried about her tracksuit. Because she got it on sale, and worships a 99 cent store)

I got another one. Can issei boost any aspect of his body? If so can he boost his legs so he can be as fast as kiba? Also, since original Satan rivaled god, and sirzechs is said to be 10 folds stronger than the original, is he god times 10? And do you think if for the sake of all the oppai in the world, issei can somehow defeat sirzechs? I think he would be visited by the breast fairy or something only issei can do, remember, if poking breast gets balance breaker, what would seeing all the breast of every female in the universe do?

bludvein
2012-12-20, 00:42
Thanks again, but I feel like a rook punch is still a punch, though much more epic. Also, does issei still use his ascalon much? I think he mainly gives it to xenovia, she dual wielded it with her durundal, but got an upgraded durundal, now I think she just two hands her durundal considering ascalon is a toothpick compared to it. And bilingual is a tactical move, very very dirty,perverted, and underhanded tactical move.(it was made by issei, so I wouldn't have it any other way)

Is Ross gonna join issei's harem? To me she is a very desperate hobo that is also a cluts.(sorry Ross fans, but she worried about her tracksuit. Because she got it on sale, and worships a 99 cent store)

I got another one. Can issei boost any aspect of his body? If so can he boost his legs so he can be as fast as kiba? Also, since original Satan rivaled god, and sirzechs is said to be 10 folds stronger than the original, is he god times 10? And do you think if for the sake of all the oppai in the world, issei can somehow defeat sirzechs? I think he would be visited by the breast fairy or something only issei can do, remember, if poking breast gets balance breaker, what would seeing all the breast of every female in the universe do?

Theoretically he can boost any part, and the text seems to support it. He uses it on his legs several times before he got Trianna, but then it became less important for him to do so. Trianna Knight and CCQ are at least equal in speed to Kiba. Its maneuverability that is Issei's problem.

I dunno about Sirzechs being 10 times stronger than the God of the Bible, but he is described as being in the top 10 out of all beings if he uses his full power. He is a definite beast.

For Ascalon, I didn't include it for that reason. Technically he has it, but his skill in swordsmanship is inferior to his hand-to-hand, so he doesn't use it that often. I think you underestimate Ascalon though. It doesn't have the sheer power of Durandal, but its still a legendary holy sword in its own right. He is described as making an effort at getting better at using it in their training as well, and even without taking it out and he can use it to fire a pulse of holy aura out of his gauntlet like when he fights Cao Cao in volume 9.

cyberdemon
2012-12-20, 03:54
Theoretically he can boost any part, and the text seems to support it. He uses it on his legs several times before he got Trianna, but then it became less important for him to do so. Trianna Knight and CCQ are at least equal in speed to Kiba. Its maneuverability that is Issei's problem.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been a SS where he uses it to help devils reproduce. That's a money maker right there. He uses it on a woman's reproduction organs (while the girls watch to make sure he doesn't try anything perverted lol) and it might help increase the birthrate of devils. I'm kinda surprised that Azazel hasn't suggested it lol.

Vinley
2012-12-20, 23:31
How would that work? Dosent issei have to transfer it personally? Would he transfer it to a big batch or regular fertility medicine? He probably needs an alchemist to make a potion instead of medicine cuz devils are magicky and stuff, if it's just potion enhancing he could do that

Kutra
2013-01-10, 13:06
It's known the special trait of Gremori? I'm pretty sure in the LN is not mentioned, but maybe it is in one of short stories.

cyberdemon
2013-01-10, 14:00
It's known the special trait of Gremori? I'm pretty sure in the LN is not mentioned, but maybe it is in one of short stories.

I think it was mentioned that the Gremory trait is superior magic control.

Red_Zeal_Knight
2013-01-10, 15:39
Could be "ability" to get very good servents but don't really know till Lord Gremory's group is shown

Kutra
2013-01-10, 15:53
@cyberdemon Do you remember which volume is written?

cyberdemon
2013-01-10, 17:36

off the top of my head, no. I just remember something like that being mentioned somewhere.

sky black swordman
2013-01-10, 21:18
Could be "ability" to get very good servents but don't really know till Lord Gremory's group is shown

I don't know about that.
Many think that the reason Rias has great servents is because of Ise's power. The dragons power to attract those with power.
At the very least Asia, Xenovia and maybe even Ross all gathered around Rias because of Ise. And if you think about it, the members of Rias group(who were all ready there before Ise) didn't really gain much power until Ise joined the group. So the dragons power may have had something to do with it or, if only a little.

XFire
2013-01-10, 22:44
I don't know about that.
Many think that the reason Rias has great servents is because of Ise's power. The dragons power to attract those with power.
At the very least Asia, Xenovia and maybe even Ross all gathered around Rias because of Ise. And if you think about it, the members of Rias group(who were all ready there before Ise) didn't really gain much power until Ise joined the group. So the dragons power may have had something to do with it or, if only a little.

Rias and Azazel discuss that at one point. Rias is upset that her power and ability is lagging behind the others, so Azazel comforts her by saying the fact that she gathered such powerful servants is her true talent. She claims that was most likely Ise, but Azazel responds by saying that it was Rias who found Ise in the first place.

chrono25
2013-01-11, 00:39
does anyone have any information even if its fanbased on sacred gears or the Artificial Sacred Gears

that is not on the wikia site

sky black swordman
2013-01-11, 01:01
^ Well if you haven't, you could try Questions and Answers on the High School DxD Social group.

Rias and Azazel discuss that at one point. Rias is upset that her power and ability is lagging behind the others, so Azazel comforts her by saying the fact that she gathered such powerful servants is her true talent. She claims that was most likely Ise, but Azazel responds by saying that it was Rias who found Ise in the first place.

I'm pretty sure that was Raiser in volume 10.

Red_Zeal_Knight
2013-01-11, 11:57
Yea but Rias isn't the only one within the Gremory family with very strong servents becauses of Sirzech's group
Plus the whole thing about Gremory having affectionate relationship with their servents could point the fact the family as whole is very lucky when it come to getting servents

Drkz
2013-01-29, 06:09

Its both. Isei has the power to attract individuals whether he likes it or not. But even if he attracts whether they stay or not is a different matter all together. Its thanks to him that Rias met Xeno and Ross. But its because of her that they became her servants.

Gremory group is different because their caring. They don't have boundaries if your a reincarnated devil or a pure devil. Unlike other groups who take blood to heart. Its basically a twist on nobles and commoners.

Yea but Rias isn't the only one within the Gremory family with very strong servents becauses of Sirzech's group
Plus the whole thing about Gremory having affectionate relationship with their servents could point the fact the family as whole is very lucky when it come to getting servents

The affection thing basically relates to how servants are treated within the family. Remember how they had to fend off Khaos Brigade, Anti-devil monsters and the old maou-faction. The other devil groups where also fighting their servants because the servants where sick of getting treated like a piece of crap. The devils within the gremory group would never betray their master. Being caring doesn't relate to having a strong members. More than anything you can think Ria's sharp analytical skills.

Its in the volume that Isei comes back I think. I think it was a extra life chapter or the battle with hades?. It might be previous. It basically has Ria's dad telling Azazel how he thinks his son "Current Maou" is a monster because hes exceeded the strength of previous maous. Sirzech is basically part of the ten most strongest beings in the universe if he releases his true powers. Gremory have the power of magic control. And Bael have the power of destruction. Rias lacks control like her brother but her power is overwhelming at least in the beginning of the series. I think it was answered in the social group thread or the old dxd thread. Basically Rias fits the archetype of a Strong Character but doesn't scale well in the late game. For now at least...

sky black swordman
2013-01-29, 06:39
The affection thing basically relates to how servants are treated within the family. Remember how they had to fend off Khaos Brigade, Anti-devil monsters and the old maou-faction. The other devil groups where also fighting their servants because the servants where sick of getting treated like a piece of crap. The devils within the gremory group would never betray their master. Being caring doesn't relate to having a strong members. More than anything you can think Ria's sharp analytical skills.

Well it may not count as betraying their master, but Kiba was ready to leave Rias and could have possibly become an Exiled Devil to get revenge for friends and destroy Excalibur. And Ise could have possibly left Rias to save Asia from the Raynare and the Fallen angels.

Drkz
2013-01-29, 06:44
Well it may not count as betraying their master, but Kiba was ready to leave Rias and could have possibly become an Exiled Devil to get revenge for friends and destroy Excalibur. And Ise could have possibly left Rias to save Asia from the Raynare and the Fallen angels.

I meant in a way like backstabbing or attacking them. If there was another fight in the underworld. I don't think you'd ever see Ise or Kiba attack Rias would you? I meant it in that way.

sky black swordman
2013-01-29, 06:49
I meant in a way like backstabbing or attacking them. If there was another fight in the underworld. I don't think you'd ever see Ise or Kiba attack Rias would you? I meant it in that way.

Oh, then of course they would never do something like that.

n0m@n
2013-01-29, 07:30
Oh about betraying....
Sona says that there is a a traitor among them(Someone who goes to Kuou Academy according to Sona) in volume 14 which led to the terrorists being able to get into Kuou Academy :D
Now, who would that be...?

XFire
2013-01-29, 07:56
Oh about betraying....
Sona says that there is a a traitor among them(Someone who goes to Kuou Academy according to Sona) in volume 14 which led to the terrorists being able to get into Kuou Academy :D
Now, who would that be...?

...................................Kiryuu?

NeutralZero
2013-01-29, 08:04
Rias' group and kaicho's group are out of the question...
minus the new recruit in Sona's group...
Did Sona mentioned specifically whether the traitor is a demon/supernatural being or not?
If no then it could be anybody even the likes of Ise's human peers and the perverted girl...

Soji
2013-01-29, 08:16
...................................Kiryuu?

I thought her as well I can see the author use her for that.
But like NeutralZero said even Isse 2 human friend can be the one.

peinmaximus@
2013-01-29, 08:29
I think that the traitor can be the new servant of sona loup garou or kiryuu.the loli grim reaper not can be because she is a fan of the oppai dragon and the others two friends of ise too not can be because they are idiots so much and perverts.

sky black swordman
2013-01-29, 08:36
I doubt it's Abe.(who is crushing on Ise)

I also doubt this, but is is possible someone has already infiltrated into Kuou Academy, who out them knowing ?

chrono25
2013-01-29, 08:49
could it be the tamer she stands out a little but then again it could be just about anyone

cyberdemon
2013-01-29, 08:51
could it be the tamer she stands out a little but then again it could be just about anyone

I'd say it's someone new or yet to be introduced.

peinmaximus@
2013-01-29, 08:52
yes,can be one someone that still not make his apparition and will make in the futures vol(maybe in the vol 16).

Chris38
2013-01-29, 08:59
Personally, I think the "traitor", is going to be a complete new character, who might have been introduced in volume 14, and had some minor incident with Ise or some other character who has some pretty obvious connection with devils or other supernatural beings that belong to the three powers alliance...

I doubt it's anyone from Rias group or the Student Council - including Sona's new members, since I think that Sona is smart enough to throughly check someone's background, before she even started the negations to make someone her servant... especially, after the recent incident in the Underworld, where a lot of members of the three powers alliance have been revealed to actually be secretly working with the Khaos Brigade (which, has been mentioned in volume 12) , where I think that everyone from the three fractions started to be a little more careful, when it comes to searching for potential candidates, to increase their numbers...

Kutra
2013-01-29, 10:39
The traitor maybe someone who does not know it. Maybe it's someone who simply tells what happens in the school.

peinmaximus@
2013-01-29, 10:52
n0m@n,you think that is kiryuu the traitor or is someone that still not make his apparition in the LN?
and besides grendel and euclid is mentioned more some new member of khaos brigade?

Drkz
2013-01-30, 02:28
n0m@n,you think that is kiryuu the traitor or is someone that still not make his apparition in the LN?
and besides grendel and euclid is mentioned more some new member of khaos brigade?

Uh if nom@n answered that question there wouldn't be a point in volume 14 would there?

Indepth spoilers ruin the novel. A lot of translators stop translating because spoilers give everything away. It also happened to a certain series that might of gotten translated, but since there is a machine translation the translator decided not to do it.

chrono25
2013-01-30, 16:36
does anyone have anything for vol 15 on the short stories

cyberdemon
2013-01-30, 16:37
does anyone have anything for vol 15 on the short stories

I think I heard one of the stories was about Kiba's past.

rickiminato
2013-01-30, 17:59
i have a question?
i read in dxd wiki about , how powerful are the evil dragons and the wiki said the evil dragons are more powerful than the dragon kings, is true or false
maybe if it is true perhaps almost the same power
what do you think about that?

sky black swordman
2013-01-30, 21:02
^ Well According to spoiler, the Evil Dragons are more powerful than the Dragon Kings.

chrono25
2013-01-30, 22:00
that is probably true considering some of the names they mention and the myth surrounding them.

nfsac
2013-02-01, 15:58
Guys why on volume 14 we see Ravel with a well developed body and huge breats since she is a loli?

cyberdemon
2013-02-01, 17:54
Guys why on volume 14 we see Ravel with a well developed body and huge breats since she is a loli?

Supposedly it was miscommunication with the illustrator in the earlier pictures and this was how it was supposed to be but I prefer to think that she just underwent a growth spurt. She is at that age.

Wysth
2013-02-04, 07:27
After re-reading book 3 I don't understand why the devils from book 4 on have no more problem being near the holy swords?
Can someone explain this to me?

Chris38
2013-02-04, 09:33
After re-reading book 3 I don't understand why the devils from book 4 on have no more problem being near the holy swords?
Can someone explain this to me?

What Devils do you have in mind ?

If you mean Ise, his Ascalion was specially prepeared to not harm him, using some kind of special ritual on it.

If you mean Kiba, he has an SC ability that lets him create Holy Swords, and since he's a Devil, he probably produced them in a way, that wouldn't harm him.

If you mean Xenovia, she is a natural wielder of Durandal, which is an ability that she retained when she was reincarnated into a Devil.

Apart from that, I don't remember anyone else, using Holy Swords in combat... also it's not like just the presence of Holy Swords is harmful to Devils, they only are hurt by them, if they try to use an unpreapered Holy Sword or if they get injured by a Holy Sword.

Wysth
2013-02-04, 10:22
What Devils do you have in mind ?

If you mean Ise, his Ascalion was specially prepeared to not harm him, using some kind of special ritual on it.

If you mean Kiba, he has an SC ability that lets him create Holy Swords, and since he's a Devil, he probably produced them in a way, that wouldn't harm him.

If you mean Xenovia, she is a natural wielder of Durandal, which is an ability that she retained when she was reincarnated into a Devil.

Apart from that, I don't remember anyone else, using Holy Swords in combat... also it's not like just the presence of Holy Swords is harmful to Devils, they only are hurt by them, if they try to use an unpreapered Holy Sword or if they get injured by a Holy Sword.

I know about that, although I have my doubts about Xenovia (but that doesn't matter now). No what I mean is this
Weird. Buchou is a bit weird lately. Or is it that she has the desire to keep her servants only to herself? Is it the same as people who gets disturbed when their pets are tamed by another person? Even if I am adored by Buchou, I still am just a servant to her. Sob…If I am getting troubled by just one girl like this, then my dream of becoming a Harem-king is far away! Shit! Is the reason why I wasn’t popular with girls related!? A maiden’s heart! It’s so complicated! If I don’t understand this, then I will never win against the good looking guys! I was thinking like this till we reached my house. When I tried to open the front door, I felt something bad.
SHIVER…
What is this? It felt like there was a signal within my body forewarning me of danger. I felt a similar feeling like this before. If I remember, it was the time when I met Asia for the first time and took her to the Church. When I saw the Church, my body trembled.

This is from book 3. Wenn being near the holy swords is enough to give them both this feeling.

Furthermore in book 14 Ise also feels uncomfortable to be near Kibas new dragon slayer sword. So the effect should still be the same for holy swords too.

Chris38
2013-02-04, 10:42
I know about that, although I have my doubts about Xenovia (but that doesn't matter now). No what I mean is this

This is from book 3. Wenn being near the holy swords is enough to give them both this feeling.

Furthermore in book 14 Ise also feels uncomfortable to be near Kibas new dragon slayer sword. So the effect should still be the same for holy swords too.

Personally, I think that scene was about Ise's and Asia's instincts wearing them that an exorcist is nearby, rather then wearing them about the presence of Holy Swords - after all, if you haven't forgotten, Ise had the same feeling in volume 1, when Freed was introduced for the first time, and at that moment, he hadn't had any Holy Swords with him.

And regarding Ise's feelings about Kiba's dragon slaying sword, remember that at that time, Ise already is, at least partially dragon, and the instincts of a dragon, might be a little different then a Devils.

Wysth
2013-02-04, 12:17
True about the exorcist part but if you read this quote
The woman with blue-hair and green mesh got her weapon, which was covered in cloth, and revealed it to me. What appeared was a long sword.
“This is Excalibur.”
[CHILLS].
The moment I looked at it, I felt as if every pore on my body opened and felt something really cold running through my body. Fear. Shiver. Awe. I became really scared from a single sword. This is dangerous. It is seriously dangerous. Even I understood that a devil would die instantly just from its touch! Is this a holy-sword? Is this the ultimate weapon to kill devils?

This suggests that they truelly get "damage" from these swords. The dragon slaying sword is good against dragons the holy swords are good against devils, I just put this in because it reminded me of how Ise and Asia felt uncomfortable.

cyberdemon
2013-02-04, 13:22
Their instincts as a Devil are just warning them of the abilities of the sword and the dangers it possesses. Just being close to such a sword wouldn't cause problems. It's only when they are cut by it that they are in trouble. Humans would feel the same way if a gun is pointed at them even if the gun hasn't been fired yet. It's simply the danger they are feeling, not the damage.

breno.m.fis
2013-02-04, 16:26
Correct, the devil instincts warned them about the danger that the sacred aura of the sword represented. A holy sword deals damage to a devil if he is cut by the aura of sacred sword, either by a physical cut or only the aura, a cut by the blade without sacred aura does not cause serious damage. The swords in possession of the Gremory Group not cause damage by contact probably because of the sword loyalty, although any of them still receive damage if take an attack of these swords.

Wysth
2013-02-04, 17:43
Thx for explaining, I guess I was wrong about the damage done from holy swords.

Smillie
2013-02-13, 06:55
Hi,

Excuse me for my language.... I am french...

I have a question. We know that Rias love Issei at the end of Tome 2. But I would know when exactly, she really love Issei?

After that Issei save Rias, or a little bit before the rating game : when they are in Stage?

Soji
2013-02-13, 07:11
^ We talk about this some time ago.
If I recall right most of us agree that Rias start to fall for him before the Rg again Raizer when Isse ask her why she does not want to marry Raizer and after she explain why Isse tell her that *Rias is Rias*(well...the way he call her that time).
Of course the Rg and when he save her make her love him more.
So yeah,was vol 2.

Chris38
2013-02-13, 07:15
Hi,

Excuse me for my language.... I am french...

I have a question. We know that Rias love Issei at the end of Tome 2. But I would know when exactly, she really love Issei?

After that Issei save Rias, or a little bit before the rating game : when they are in Stage?

Personally I think that she started falling in love with him,during the scene, when Rias and Ise have been talking with each other, late in night, during the training, before the Rating Game against Raiser - when he told her, that he sees her as Rias not as "Rias from the clan of Gremory".

At least that's, what caused Rias, in my opinion, to begin falling in love with Ise.

Smillie
2013-02-13, 07:39
Thank for your reponse.

I agree with you and I thought like you.

For Issei who don't see the feel of Rias , remember someone^^

I hope my language are better diring the time, because I stay here ( in the only forum who speak DxD)

WILD_LION
2013-06-05, 18:32
Is true that irina says that she wants babies with isse?

In what part?

sky black swordman
2013-06-05, 20:01
^ It's true, Irina does want to have babies with Issei, now. In the beginning this wasn't the case, Xenovia pretty much put the idea in her head that if she gave birth to Issei's babies they could contribute and increase heaven's battle potential in the future. Which is possible since the children's father is the Sekiryūte. She also thinks that having Issei's babies is something that Michael wants.

This starts in volume 9 chapter 3.

Somethindarker
2013-06-06, 00:10
About the traitor in that let the magicians into the school, I thought that the magicians got in because Euclid, who is Grayfias younger brother and has a similar aura, let them in? Am I wrong? I thought the traitor thing was proven wrong because of that?

sky black swordman
2013-06-06, 05:16
^ No, you are right. So there really is no traitor.

WILD_LION
2013-06-06, 13:38
this arc is about vampire and magicians, and supposedly gasper will control his powers in this vampire battle, but i am in a confusion, supposedly there are two vampire fraction, Men and Women.

What fraction is the traitor who join Khaos and lose the rules using the grial to power up and attack innocents?

Supposedly Valerie Tepes is Head of the House of Tepes and leader of the Tepes Faction, a male-dominated Vampire faction.

What Faction will visit Rias?

Or maybe the hope of Gasper that Valerie is forced against her will is false and the time and events change her to another person or maybe she is controled like Yasaka?

Endscape
2013-06-06, 14:13
I wonder if Valerie will be the villain here... Perhaps a fight against Gasper, that might be interesting.

WILD_LION
2013-06-06, 14:31
well, if Valerie will be the villain, this event can change the story in many senses.
For example, if Valerie will be the villain, isse could save Gasper who is trying to convince her to return with him, or Isse could convince her using the between, etc.

WILD_LION
2013-06-18, 18:06
Does it means that this Vampire arc is the laaaaaasst:????????????:upset:
Something like an Evil Dragon smells like they were added in quite late! Maybe you might be thinking like that when you were reading it, but I just used the secret setting which I thought I wasn’t going to use. That’s because I didn’t expect it to continue this far…… But please be rest assured. Even if Shiva arc doesn’t become possible, fourth story arc will end properly like how it should. I have already decided on the last part of the fourth story arc. If I was able to write the Shiva arc, please think of it as the extra stage. At the end, it will depend on the support of all of you……so I will continue to write.

And Gasper will be the MC in VOL 16???????????:upset:
Now then, I’m thinking of making Xenovia and others take the main role after this, but I’m thinking of having Gasper take the main part next time. Kiba also had the main role in Volume 3, so I will be using this opportunity to talk about his story since it will be unfair if Gya-suke doesn’t have one as well.

G147
2013-06-18, 20:23
this arc is about vampire and magicians, and supposedly gasper will control his powers in this vampire battle, but i am in a confusion, supposedly there are two vampire fraction, Men and Women.

What fraction is the traitor who join Khaos and lose the rules using the grail to power up and attack innocents?

Supposedly Valerie Tepes is Head of the House of Tepes and leader of the Tepes Faction, a male-dominated Vampire faction.

What Faction will visit Rias?

Or maybe the hope of Gasper that Valerie is forced against her will is false and the time and events change her to another person or maybe she is controlled like Yasaka?

The Vampires didn't joined Khaos Brigade, this is their internal war. And the Carmilla Faction already visited the Gremory group in Volume 14, it is Rias that went to visit the House of Vladi. We still don't know about Valerie's case.

Does it means that this Vampire arc is the laaaaaasst:????????????:upset:
Something like an Evil Dragon smells like they were added in quite late! Maybe you might be thinking like that when you were reading it, but I just used the secret setting which I thought I wasn’t going to use. That’s because I didn’t expect it to continue this far…… But please be rest assured. Even if Shiva arc doesn’t become possible, fourth story arc will end properly like how it should. I have already decided on the last part of the fourth story arc. If I was able to write the Shiva arc, please think of it as the extra stage. At the end, it will depend on the support of all of you……so I will continue to write.

And Gasper will be the MC in VOL 16???????????:upset:
Now then, I’m thinking of making Xenovia and others take the main role after this, but I’m thinking of having Gasper take the main part next time. Kiba also had the main role in Volume 3, so I will be using this opportunity to talk about his story since it will be unfair if Gya-suke doesn’t have one as well.

Ishibumi just mentioned that he already decided on the last part of the fourth story arc, not the end of the series. And what is wrong about placing a Volume on Gasper.

Somethindarker
2013-06-18, 20:51
Ishibumi just mentioned that he already decided on the last part of the fourth story arc, not the end of the series. And what is wrong about placing a Volume on Gasper.

If people would read the afterwords they'd know that there are at least 3-4 more arcs left of Isseis story. With either a continuation of a more adult themed College DxD or a spin-off with Millicas. But they don't and rarely re-read the thread to get caught up.

WILD_LION
2013-06-19, 09:20
Does it mean than Xenovia, Irina and Rossweisse will be the Main characters as a heroines who save Issei in the next Vols.?

For this fourth story arc, I’m thinking of digging into more depth about the heroines such as Xenovia, Irina, Ravel, and Rossweisse, who didn’t get that much spotlight. For the start, it was Ravel. It seems like the story ended where they promised each other about their future, so I’m sure Ise and Ravel will become good partners. But, Ravel sure is a strong girl.

Or Issei will save her like Ravel?

Somethindarker
2013-06-19, 10:11
Does it mean than Xenovia, Irina and Rossweisse will be the Main characters as a heroines who save Issei in the next Vols.?

For this fourth story arc, I’m thinking of digging into more depth about the heroines such as Xenovia, Irina, Ravel, and Rossweisse, who didn’t get that much spotlight. For the start, it was Ravel. It seems like the story ended where they promised each other about their future, so I’m sure Ise and Ravel will become good partners. But, Ravel sure is a strong girl.

Or Issei will save her like Ravel?

No, I think he meant that he was just going to make them stand out like how Ravel stood out in vol. 14 and Rias did in vol.10, taking the center stage in the story, maybe they'll get power-ups or maybe their relationships with Issei will take another step, we'll have to wait and see.

WILD_LION
2013-06-29, 20:52
I have a doubt about the Longinus Smasher?
Ddraig reveals that this is a forbidden and sealed attack
Does it mean that Issei can not activate it freely in his Cardinal Crimson Promotion?

ReaperxKingx
2013-06-29, 21:46
If people would read the afterwords they'd know that there are at least 3-4 more arcs left of Isseis story. With either a continuation of a more adult themed College DxD or a spin-off with Millicas. But they don't and rarely re-read the thread to get caught up.

With that each arc seems to amount somewhere along 2 to 6 volumes. The Red Dragon Emperor's Awakening Arc consist of volume 1 and 2. Birth of the Breast Dragon Emperor Arc with volume 3 to volume 6. The Heroic Oppai Dragon Arc is volume 7 to volume 12. The Legend of Oppai Dragon and his lively Companions with volume 13 to volume 14 and still ongoing.

Ken Sanders
2013-06-29, 22:43
Longinus Smasher is indeed a forbidden weapon and it needs a certain condition to be used:

- Ise must be in Juggernaut Drive

Since in exchange for a powerful attack, something must be paid as an equivalent, his life force.

But during the battle against Jabberwock, for him to be able to use it again, while not in JD, Ddraig must have converted Great Red's attack, since he said that the destructive power is insane, into LS.

But then again, maybe Ise's body was different this time. Ise used the LS while in JG as a reborn Devil. Now that he's a Hybrid-Dragon Devil, his new body might have withstand it.

Chris38
2013-06-29, 23:31
While, I doubt that Ise would be capable of using the original Longinus Smasher in CCQ, it might be possible for him to use a considerably less powerful version of it.

In other words, something less powerful, but having similar "properties" as the original Longinus Smasher.

But, Ise probably won't be capable of using it, until he masters his CCQ mode.

G147
2013-06-29, 23:33
Well he does have the Dragon Blaster from his Triana Bishop.

ReaperxKingx
2013-06-29, 23:34
Longinus Smasher, the only thing we know is that Ise only used it twice. Once when he used Juggernaut Drive, and the second time when he merge with Great Red. Then there is the speculation that the source of the move's power is Ise's life source. Other than being a forbidden power that he shouldn't be using, what do we know about it? Anyone want to take a crack of it?

Somethindarker
2013-06-29, 23:54
Longinus Smasher, the only thing we know is that Ise only used it twice. Once when he used Juggernaut Drive, and the second time when he merge with Great Red. Then there is the speculation that the source of the move's power is Ise's life source. Other than being a forbidden power that he shouldn't be using, what do we know about it? Anyone want to take a crack of it?

[Longinus Smasher] is probably like his other abilities in using his stamina. [Juggernaut Drive] uses his life force because it forcefully unlocks all of his stored power and unleashes it in a ball of compressed rage fueled badassery. [Cardinal Crimson Full Drive], in my opinion, unlocks only the absolute peak of power that his body can take at the time it's used. His [CCFD] was considerably stronger when he fought Grendel than when he fought Sairorge or CaoCao making me believe that the form can be trained to become more stronger. [Longinus Smasher] had been used with absolutely no mention of it affecting his lifespan forcing him to stop using it, then again I could be wrong since not even Azazel can estimate his new [Mini True Dragon] body's life force.