PDA

View Full Version : High School DxD - Anime Spoilers & Speculation (for novel readers only)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Kairin
2013-07-05, 22:57
This thread is for the experienced High School DxD viewer (i.e. those of you who are familiar with potentially all the light novels / manga), its purpose is to allow free discussion of theories and speculation over the High School DxD anime series, it therefore will contain unmarked spoilers. If you are a light novel virgin of High School DxD, then do not read this thread unless you want to be spoiled (use the Speculation & Theories thread).

Since posters are expected to be familiar with the light novel / manga, there is no real need for spoiler tags, but feel free to include them if you so wish.

Adding a Spoiler tag:
spoiler.gif Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
Make sure that you include a title that clearly identifies the specific source of the spoiler!

Finally, please remain on-topic and do not use this thread if it's just discussion about the current or previous anime episodes. Also remember that this isn't a light novel / manga discussion thread, if you do want to discuss the light novel then please use the existing thread.

n0m@n
2013-07-06, 19:33
Personally I'd say Issei already has his harem, whether he knows it or not is another question, the trauma he suffered is just about cured. He's been responding to the girls, knows that they love him and actively seeking to make them happy. Someone that is chasing girls for his harem wouldn't kiss, date or bath with them. The days of the oblivious Issei ended with that last "ara" in volume 9 or 10 when Rias walked out on him.

That's something you should discuss in the "Speculation & Theories" thread since its not related to the anime. Its this link here.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=112092
This thread is a place you talk about the anime where you could use LN as a reference.

Somethindarker
2013-07-06, 19:35
That's something you should discuss in the "Speculation & Theories" thread since its not related to the anime. Its this link here.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=112092
This thread is a place you talk about the anime where you could use LN as a reference.

Oh snap I just noticed >.< wrong thread. I'll delete and move.

Yye1
2013-07-06, 20:34
So, which SS could possibly be included in the season?

ReaperxKingx
2013-07-06, 21:28

Well I think they can squeeze The Oppai of Tennis, but if they want to go full out crazy 300 Ise would also go great.

Don't want to be out of topic but, what is with all the new High School DXD threads popping up?

sky black swordman
2013-07-07, 00:03
Good question, since they are adapting volume 3 and 4, the only SS (AFAIK) that take place during that period of time are Memory of Oppai, The Oppai of Tennis, Hell Teacher Azazel, and 300 Ise. If I have to guess, most likely Memory of Oppai and The Oppai of Tennis (although they wil have to change a few things). But a part of me is pulling for Hell Teacher Azazel.:heh:

G147
2013-07-07, 01:22
Good question, since they are adapting volume 3 and 4, the only SS (AFAIK) that take place during that period of time are Memory of Oppai, The Oppai of Tennis, Hell Teacher Azazel, and 300 Ise. If I have to guess, most likely Memory of Oppai and The Oppai of Tennis (although they wil have to change a few things). But a part of me is pulling for Hell Teacher Azazel.:heh:

Check the Afterward of Volume 8 and you'll get a good guess on which SS will be adapted.

rickiminato
2013-07-07, 11:20
o.o thanks noman for the translation n.n
so azi dahaka is much strog than grendel because azi use thousand of spells,
Vali and his team say it is the most formidable enemy that have faced so that means that isei need control his dragon powers and have a new armor more powerfull than true queen

XFire
2013-07-07, 12:25
I just checked the anime thread. I never realized just how hard it is to keep from spoiling anything through simple posts.

ReaperxKingx
2013-07-07, 13:03
Just saw the raws of the first episode. It followed the formula of the Light Novel a bit, but deviated on some account though in a way I really think that is for the better. Good to note that the anime producers cut down on Ise's nosebleeds, hopefully Ishibumi does the same in the Light Novel in the future.

Yye1
2013-07-07, 14:28
^ yeah, i think the anime really streamlined some of the clutter that was in the LNs

kukuru
2013-07-09, 01:15
[mod edit: moved from episode thread]

It's good. There are differences compared to the novel, but the adaptation is good nonetheless. Promising first episode, next week should be good too.

It feels rushed, but I think this season needs to cover a lot more more then last season.

season 1 only did vol1-2 with parts of the side story volume

season 2 is showing a lot more volumes and honestly, I don't know how much they can fit chronologically. The author likes to fill each volume with a lot of side stories (after arcs are done).

They are doing at least 3 and 4, they might have to do vol5 to round out the anime.

but... the 2nd arc is 3-6....and that's way too much even if you exclude sidestories.

sky black swordman
2013-07-09, 05:48
^ I believe it was already stated somewhere that season 2 will only be adapting volumes 3 and 4. And if you think about if they tired to adapt volume 5, the anime would end with a cliffhanger.

The Green One
2013-07-15, 14:20
The climax of Novel 4 has an ideal stopping point for an anime anyway.

DrakeKnight
2013-07-15, 16:37
No sign of Lavi-Tan in any of the PV yet
Wondering if they cut her from the anime

ReaperxKingx
2013-07-15, 16:39
No sign of Lavi-Tan in any of the PV yet
Wondering if they cut her from the anime

If they do, expect many Loli-cons up in arms. Beside that, I hope they follow volume 4 with utmost detail.

GDB
2013-07-15, 16:48
I don't see why they'd cut her, but her role is immensely small. Doesn't surprise me that she hasn't been seen in the PVs.

ReaperxKingx
2013-07-15, 16:49
I don't see why they'd cut her, but her role is immensely small. Doesn't surprise me that she hasn't been seen in the PVs.

I didn't watch the PVs so I got a question. Was Michael featured in the PV?

GDB
2013-07-15, 16:53
Do not believe so, unless new PVs have come out. Outside of Gasper (ie: main focus of volume 4), no volume 4 only characters were shown in the PVs. I'm not counting Azazel since he's in both the OP and they've been putting scenes of him in where possible.

ReaperxKingx
2013-07-15, 22:31
Do not believe so, unless new PVs have come out. Outside of Gasper (ie: main focus of volume 4), no volume 4 only characters were shown in the PVs. I'm not counting Azazel since he's in both the OP and they've been putting scenes of him in where possible.

Interesting and also very scary, I take it Tannin has not make an appearance nor has Rossweisse?

DrakeKnight
2013-07-15, 22:38
Hmm pretty sure that they need michael between of the sword and the flag for xenova

relentlessflame
2013-07-16, 02:14
Keep in mind that PVs are generally going to contain things either from the OP or from the first few episodes. At the point when they made them, they won't have worked on much of the later episodes yet. OPs themselves sometimes hint at characters not shown yet, but they can always modify them half-way through to show extra people. So all that to say: whether a character has or hasn't appeared in a PV shouldn't really be taken to mean anything about the future.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2013-07-16, 04:44
Well considering we have pictures of gasper that means he's gonna be revealed especially with the forbidden room revelation from episode 2. I suspect this arc will last 3-4 more episodes and then they'll start vol 4. besides it would be more interesting to end the season with issei's battle with Vali which will likely be very epic.

Chris38
2013-07-16, 05:06
Personally, I'm leaning more toward the option, of this arc being resolved in 4 more episodes, unless ... like in the first season they are planing to incorporate some of the scenes from the side stories, in which case the events of volume 3 are going to be resolved a little quicker.

I also agree that the fight against Vali is a good way to end this season, since if they animate it properly, it's definitely going to surpass the ending fight of season 1.

Having said that, I'm kind of wondering if they are going to include the naked apron scene from the 3rd volume in the "TV" edition of the anime, since considering the fact that, they cut the Akeno - Rias argument during Ise's "dragon power sucking" ritual, moving it to the "BD" version, I think that the "naked apron" scene, might also suffer a similar fate...

AznSamsung
2013-07-18, 21:06
Personally, I'm leaning more toward the option, of this arc being resolved in 4 more episodes, unless ... like in the first season they are planing to incorporate some of the scenes from the side stories, in which case the events of volume 3 are going to be resolved a little quicker.

I also agree that the fight against Vali is a good way to end this season, since if they animate it properly, it's definitely going to surpass the ending fight of season 1.

Having said that, I'm kind of wondering if they are going to include the naked apron scene from the 3rd volume in the "TV" edition of the anime, since considering the fact that, they cut the Akeno - Rias argument during Ise's "dragon power sucking" ritual, moving it to the "BD" version, I think that the "naked apron" scene, might also suffer a similar fate...

if they do, that will suck alot .... the part i want to see in vol 3 is ise drag saji to help and saji try to run away .... and the part where they both get spank together by their king

ReaperxKingx
2013-07-18, 21:10

I heard that the argument of Rias and Akeno will not be included in the airing of the anime rather it will be when the DVD and Blue Rays when they come out. Its kind of a underhanded move to get more profit though I am not complaining since it will get more awareness of the series.

More than anything I want Leviathan to be animated. The pool scene in volume 4 is going to be a head scratcher. It seem so much exposure in that part, I want it to be animated but not sure if it can be animated.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2013-07-18, 21:34
The irony is I suspect that they sacrificed this stuff in exchange for the lack of the blinding light. U can never quite get everything like u want huh gentleman keep the censors or air the scenes that most people want its a curse aint it

ReaperxKingx
2013-07-18, 21:40
The irony is I suspect that they sacrificed this stuff in exchange for the lack of the blinding light. U can never quite get everything like u want huh gentleman keep the censors or air the scenes that most people want its a curse aint it

Well a lot of kids watch anime in Japan so maybe that is why. Pretty much you can hardly walk a mile without encountering something involving anime in Japan.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2013-07-18, 21:49
Well a lot of kids watch anime in Japan so maybe that is why. Pretty much you can hardly walk a mile without encountering something involving anime in Japan.

well yea that's true but as for the whole ending season thing I don't think they'll end it on vali's fight it takes away from them showing gasper plus Vol 3 only needs 3 more episodes at the most.
1st episode the fight with the girls later on they team up and it ends with Irina being dumped at issei and gangs feet.
The next episode is rias discovering their plan everybody begins to fight and it ends with the baddies revealing themselves.
Final episode of this arc is when they start fighting and probably 10 minutes in or so vali reveals himself he wins the fight against kokabeil it all ends and issei and saji get the spanking. The vali issei fight will be something and the pool scene will be animated somewhat

AznSamsung
2013-07-19, 00:14
they need the pool scene for sure ... btw i want to see and hear the scared song that kiba and his fellow holy sword friend sing

DrakeKnight
2013-07-19, 01:36
Yeah pool scene is too awsome to drop also nuked apron scene had some character development in it so they could keep it (also Asia in an apron did show up in op)

The Green One
2013-07-19, 03:40
A 100% transition of novel to anime form is impossible. Some things just have to be left on the cutting room floor for simple reasons of time constraint in the episode. All in all we have a mostly faithful showing and a noticeable lack of censorship which is a thing not a lot of other shows can say. We're actually pretty lucky for this.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2013-07-19, 04:38
The fact is your right 100% is impossible but they need to keep the core stuff available so you can sell DVD's the special editions aside which make things a total bitch. We'll deal with it when it comes but its still 3 episodes away from when that may happen.

GDB
2013-07-19, 07:43
well yea that's true but as for the whole ending season thing I don't think they'll end it on vali's fight it takes away from them showing gasper plus Vol 3 only needs 3 more episodes at the most.
1st episode the fight with the girls later on they team up and it ends with xenovia being dumped at issei and gangs feet. The next episode is rias discovering their plan everybody begins to fight and it ends with the baddies revealing themselves. then they start fighting and probably 10 minutes in or so vali reveals himself he wins the fight it all ends and issei and sona get the spanking. The vali issei fight will be something and the pool scene will be animated somewhat

I'm confused by what you're talking about here. The Vali fight is in volume 4, same as Gasper. And we already know they're going to do volumes 3 and 4.

SamsungLeeAzn
2013-07-20, 10:12
we will know if there is season 3 if Rias is going to the underworld .... and i dont think they will stop until all her pieces use up

DrakeKnight
2013-07-21, 00:08
Well if anything I want the fights in vol 10 but that a far off dream
but the anime has more fighting scenes that in the LN as shown in season 1 so may be the big fight in Vol 3 and 4 will be flasher

AznSamsung
2013-07-21, 22:13
Well if anything I want the fights in vol 10 but that a far off dream
but the anime has more fighting scenes that in the LN as shown in season 1 so may be the big fight in Vol 3 and 4 will be flasher

it will depend on if season 2 is a hit and the ln too .... if it is then season 3 for sure

ReaperxKingx
2013-07-21, 22:17
it will depend on if season 2 is a hit and the ln too .... if it is then season 3 for sure

It is already looking better than season 1 thus far in my opinion. The pervertness of Ise has been tone down a bit yet he is still beyond the border for a normal person.

If people watch it for the fan service, they will not get disappointed soon and once it hit volume 4 which has high amount of fan service.

AznSamsung
2013-07-21, 22:34
It is already looking better than season 1 thus far in my opinion. The pervertness of Ise has been tone down a bit yet he is still beyond the border for a normal person.

If people watch it for the fan service, they will not get disappointed soon and once it hit volume 4 which has high amount of fan service.

it is true that is good but they miss some of the good part and it is only available in bd .... the question is .... is it worth it to buy bd for ppl who dont read the ln

ReaperxKingx
2013-07-21, 23:00
it is true that is good but they miss some of the good part and it is only available in bd .... the question is .... is it worth it to buy bd for ppl who dont read the ln

Well we got to see about that. The first episodes were very light hearted, it is just now beginning to get serious.

It is best to ask Nom@n for the current sale info of the BD, it is seem to be hinted anything above 8 thousand in sale is a good number for a sequel.

The Green One
2013-07-22, 02:46
Still a season 3 could be doable, novel 5 and 6 have enough content to fill a single cour and ironically enough like vol 2 and 4, volume 6 has a suitable stopping point.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2013-07-22, 03:57
1st episode the fight with the girls later on they team up and it ends with Irina being dumped at issei and gangs feet.
The next episode is rias discovering their plan everybody begins to fight and it ends with the baddies revealing themselves.
Final episode of this arc is when they start fighting and probably 10 minutes in or so vali reveals himself he wins the fight against kokabeil it all ends and issei and saji get the spanking. The vali issei fight will be something and the pool scene will be animated somewhat

Looks like my prediction for the next few episodes is spot on I guess the Irina thing was too soon and it'll prolly be the middle of the next episode.

ReaperxKingx
2013-07-23, 08:33
Still a season 3 could be doable, novel 5 and 6 have enough content to fill a single cour and ironically enough like vol 2 and 4, volume 6 has a suitable stopping point.

Not really, volume 5 and 6 go alone together since it both involves the underworld. The last thing I want from the anime producers is that they rush the anime. We see good Light Novels having weak animes.

AznSamsung
2013-07-23, 10:46
Not really, volume 5 and 6 go alone together since it both involves the underworld. The last thing I want from the anime producers is that they rush the anime. We see good Light Novels having weak animes.

i agree for example campione .... the anime was so bad ..... i dont think they will want to rush the anime for dxd seeing how the light novels is on par with sword art online in sales .....

DrakeKnight
2013-07-25, 14:38
So vol 3 in another two episodes? One episode for hunting Freed and another episode for the boss and Vali

AznSamsung
2013-07-25, 18:45
So vol 3 in another two episodes? One episode for hunting Freed and another episode for the boss and Vali

more like 3 episodes .... one for the spanking and end it with freed giving irina back .... two the beginning of the battle and middle of it ..... third the middle of battle (bb for kiba + spanking) end with another person join group

sky black swordman
2013-07-26, 06:04
^ I'm not sure about that. Judging from the PV of episode 4 (which is out already), it looks like episode 4 may end with the start of the battle with Kokabiel.

Crimson406
2017-10-19, 06:25
If anyone wanna watch the event in live when it starts .

Here you go = http://sp.live2.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv306135901

Countdown = https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20171021T0950&p0=248&msg=October+21st+Event&font=cursive

Crimson406
2017-10-20, 20:02
Everyone the event is starting.

Click on the nico link.

Bennia Lover
2017-10-20, 20:20
Yes still 2 hours and 40 minutes left for DxD though.

Parry999
2017-10-20, 20:31
So anime news then?

Crimson406
2017-10-20, 20:32
DAL is getting a third season!!!!!!!

Parry999
2017-10-20, 20:37
Well since that series and dxd share a fandom. I have a good feeling for season 4 news.

Bennia Lover
2017-10-20, 20:39
Huh even though I don't understand Japanese, I knew a Date A Live S3 was announced lol Also can these pv's stop repeating already. DxD's is fine can't get enough of it and that one pv with banging music is fine too but the others no.

Edit: Those 2 new illustrations of Rias need to be saved when bigger versions are available. The first one can be found here http://www.fujimishobo.co.jp/sp/fantasia2017/goods.php and the second one is of Rias in a swimsuit. In the live broadcast u can see it on the far left on the left fantasia banner.

Edit 2: Oh yes Ishibumi posted a link to Rias artwork which also needs saving when there's a larger version. Here it is: https://item.rakuten.co.jp/amiami/goods-00187265/ and omg CHIBI RIASS WAS SO CUTE!

Parry999
2017-10-20, 20:52
Anime raynare and Kuroka still have the hottest design in the series imo. Still an hour.

Bennia Lover
2017-10-20, 20:58
Sucks DxD wasn't first. I can't bear the waiting anymoreee :eyespin:

Parry999
2017-10-20, 21:00
Dal had merchandise in vegas next to dragon ball and the big 3. I can see why it was first. Was so disappointed no dxd. What are the odds they age the characters up to add sex scenes? Because it's been 3 years. 39 minutes hurray wait another hour. So seven minutes. https://youtu.be/nGA-GCq7JWM

Lucidrago
2017-10-20, 23:13
I understand Kuroka, but Raynare?

Seafoam
2017-10-20, 23:15
High School DxD Hero is the official name.

Lucidrago
2017-10-20, 23:17
Well that's kind of disappointing but they're running out of names for the seasons, so I understand a bit. Is anyone else dreading the season?

Parry999
2017-10-20, 23:20
I understand Kuroka, but Raynare?

She has some hot card game art and I like evil bitches.

Seafoam
H-Ero and for the Hero Faction. They showed a PV, it's a new studio. The animation for fights looked better, and Cao Cao is teased at the end.

Gaizafaiz
The animation drawing has really changed. Some people might not like it. Is it still TNK producing it?

Edit : So it is not TNK. Do we know which studio is producing it?

Parry999
2017-10-20, 23:24
H-Ero and for the Hero Faction. They showed a PV, it's a new studio. The animation for fights looked better, and Cao Cao is teased at the end.
Ahahaha ahahaha ahahaha that pun.

thefreakmike
2017-10-20, 23:28
The real mystery, 1 or 2 cours? Obviously since its titled Hero, it should be adapting the enterity of the Hero Faction arc, which can only be done in 2 cours, tho they could also be planning an split cour, 1rst cour covering vol 9 n 10 in one season, 2nd cour from 11 n 12 in another season. The PV did showed both vol 9 and 10 so those are a given

And those new designs, mmm... not sure if gusta, will just wait and keep and open mind and hope for the best

Seafoam
2017-10-20, 23:32
The animation drawing has really changed. Some people might not like it. Is it still TNK producing it?

Edit : So it is not TNK. Do we know which studio is producing it?

Passione, the studio behind Rokka no Yuusha.

Lucidrago
2017-10-20, 23:37
Studio's name is Passione.

Gaizafaiz
2017-10-20, 23:42
Passione, the studio behind Rokka no Yuusha.

Check the studio, Passione just now, was founded in 2011. So it is still recently new. How's the anime Rokka no Yuusha? Has anyone watch it? Did they do a good job on it? All the other anime are kinda like slice of life except for Rokka no Yuusha.

Seafoam
2017-10-20, 23:44
Check the studio, Passione just now, was founded in 2011. So it is still recently new. How's the anime Rokka no Yuusha? Has anyone watch it? Did they do a good job on it? All the other anime are kinda like slice of life except for Rokka no Yuusha.

It went from beautiful to BorN quality at times. We can only see how it goes I guess. I expected TNK to be out after the fiasco that happened though.

Parry999
2017-10-20, 23:46
Did anyone in japan really care?

Seafoam
2017-10-20, 23:50
Yeah, a lot were upset about BorN and bought the BDs out of pity to see volume 10 animated. The entire anime staff is replaced, or most of them. It's gonna be a 1 cour, Ishibumi confirmed it's vol 9/10 and he's writing the scripts.

Parry999
2017-10-20, 23:54
That's actually kind of sad. They could have salvaged born if wasn't for the 3 episode filler ending. That's kind of the same reason I bought born lol.

Bennia Lover
2017-10-20, 23:58
Ah so gonna be 12 episodes again probably.

Gaizafaiz
2017-10-20, 23:59
Seriously? 1 cour? I for sure thought that it was going to be 2. Well, there goes my hope of seeing volume 11-12. We just have to wait for the new season I guess.

What's your guys view on the animation then? Do you guys like it? Hate it? Or have to see first then comment about it?

Bennia Lover
2017-10-21, 00:00
I like it and people need to stop complaining. The animation shown wasn't the final product as in the HD HQ version.

Parry999
2017-10-21, 00:01
Look a niche harem series going to be better animate then dragon ball. Think about that.

Seafoam
2017-10-21, 00:02
Well the staff doesn't inspire much confidence but the preview of Issei vs Sairaorg they showed looked better than anything TNK has done in years. But the character designs I can't get used to. They're closer to Miyama's drawings, but I don't know if I like how they look in motion.

Gaizafaiz
2017-10-21, 00:09
I like it and people need to stop complaining. The animation shown wasn't the final product as in the HD HQ version.

Yeah, I don't mind about the animation, but I hope they somehow bear resemblance to TNK. Not it's animation, but it's vibrancy or energy if you may call it.

Some people are gonna still complain about it. Like Oregairu S1 and S2.

Well the staff doesn't inspire much confidence but the preview of Issei vs Sairaorg they showed looked better than anything TNK has done in years. But the character designs I can't get used to. They're closer to Miyama's drawings, but I don't know if I like how they look in motion.

Have to agree about the preview of Issei vs Sairaorg, they really outdid themselves on that part. And also the character designs, yup, have to agree to that too and how they're closer to Miyama's drawing.

Need to wait for the HD version then. When can we usually expect it?

Parry999
2017-10-21, 00:14
Meh still looks good for what dxd is. Irina and xenovia have better boobs then I remember.

Brawlre
2017-10-21, 00:18
Yo does anyone have a link to the preview I missed the live stream I guess

thefreakmike
2017-10-21, 00:18
Rather than Miyama´s illustrations, the design resemble more the manga artstyle imo

The animation tho looks nice, the Ise vs Sairaorg bit was the highlight of the PV, no complains there, has some movie quality to it

Gaizafaiz
2017-10-21, 00:21

And you called yourself a DxD watcher?! Shame on you. :bash:

Rather than Miyama´s illustrations, the design resemble more the manga artstyle imo

Really? On which part?

Edit: Actually never mind. Just reread the manga and I agree with you.

Parry999
2017-10-21, 00:23
In the anime speculation thread.

Bennia Lover
2017-10-21, 00:28
"High School D × D HERO" means that "HERO" will become "HERO" by combining "H" and "ERO" of Issee. There is also meaning to fight heroism [hero faction]". This is why Ishibumi called it Hero. He just said this on his twitter. It also fits with the name of the third arc "The Heroic Oppai Dragon".

Parry999
2017-10-21, 00:35
Oh shit where going to see hades animated.

Bennia Lover
2017-10-21, 00:37
and two new milfs: Yasaka and Misla. Diehauser, Lirenkus, Zeus etc

thefreakmike
2017-10-21, 00:39
And Le Fay!!! Dont forget about her

Parry999
2017-10-21, 00:41
Zeus was in volume 9 and10?I forgot lol. Indra

Seafoam
2017-10-21, 00:44
Now that I've seen the PV in HQ, I think the character designs are growing on me. It's really close to Miyama's designs and potentially for the better. Although male character designs look about the same still.

Bennia Lover
2017-10-21, 00:45
Yes I haven't forgot Le Fay. How could I forget my number 2 favourite female DxD character.

Gaizafaiz
2017-10-21, 01:11
Just saw the HD PV. I think I'm gonna like this new studio for making this. While we're at it, anyone know what happen to TNK?

By the way, is Taneda Risa going to voice for Xenovia in this new season too?

Heracrim
2017-10-21, 01:16
The animation is definitely better than before but I have mixed feeling about the new art style. The girls look younger and unmature than they used to be.

Brawlre
2017-10-21, 01:30
Everyone is talking about the animation but can’t get a link to the trailer it’s eating me alive

Parry999
Wow just realized he had the incomplete Scale mail in the sparing match.

Heracrim
Everyone is talking about the animation but can’t get a link to the trailer it’s eating me alive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aar0gru143M

Bennia Lover
2017-10-21, 01:32
Oh yeah makes sense thats the sparring match with no crowd. So that wasnt maybe the actual arena where the RG will take place.

Brawlre
2017-10-21, 01:35
It’s tio late heracrim I found the video myself but thanks anyway

Parry999
2017-10-21, 01:40
Oh yeah makes sense thats the sparring match with no crowd. So that wasnt maybe the actual arena where the RG will take place.Right Regulus wasn't there.

Gaizafaiz
2017-10-21, 01:41
Oh yeah makes sense thats the sparring match with no crowd. So that wasnt maybe the actual arena where the RG will take place.

Yup, that fight was in Volume 9 where Sirzechs offer Issei a fight with Sairaorg.

Edit : It was supposed to be the basement of Gremory Castle though but who cares.

Taken from Volume 9, Life 1
In the basement of the Gremory castle there was a vast training hall, easily
large enough to house the entire Kuou Academy stadium.

We of the Gremory's and Sairaorg-san went over there together. As for
Millicas-sama, Grayfia took him some place else to wait.

Bennia Lover
2017-10-21, 02:06
From Vergil Lucifer on the wiki: "My Japanese friend who saw stream on TV, said to me that Studio that made new season have a contract on at least 2 seasons, but directors is not decided, also have possibility on 3 seasons. And Studio decide made adaptation without any difference from canon (Light Novel)."

So we will be getting a season 5. Season 6 is a possibility.

Parry999
2017-10-21, 02:09
I didn't even know japan could count to five.

Gaizafaiz
2017-10-21, 02:13
Plsss don't fuck up. Plsss don't fuck up.

Bennia Lover
2017-10-21, 02:15
I hope they remove the girls interrupting Issei's and Rias's kiss after they confess to each other.

Tbolt
2017-10-21, 03:00
Like a lot of anime the chins of the girls are killing me but oh well atleast we have more anime coming.

Bennia Lover
2017-10-21, 03:22
Sharp pointy chin syndrome. Chins so sharp they could kill a person.

Gaizafaiz
2017-10-21, 03:47
Just rewatched the trailer. Is it me or the background song has change? @0:37

DragoMuseveni
2017-10-21, 04:35
I am the only one who thinks that this animation looks more like a doujinshi . Yes that animation seems like the new art style that has been shown in the novels but .... dunno what to say . I wonder how it will play out in the end

AndySimpson96
2017-10-21, 04:44
I quite like the new character designs. Even though I have was a small preview the fight scene looked better than before.

By the way, is Taneda Risa going to voice for Xenovia in this new season too?

She announced a few weeks ago that she's slowing getting back to work, can't see why not, aside from her rounds in volume 10 Xenovia doesn't have too much.

Sacredus
2017-10-21, 05:15
So they really skipping volumes butchered by Born? If that's the case, I will just put me expectations on low and consider this as same cancer as Born until it will be proved otherwise.

Edit:
Studio: Passione
Director: Yoshifumi Sueda (Rail Wars!)
Well, it's seems we have more reasons to be worried about this series.

Gaizafaiz
2017-10-21, 06:40
@Sacredeus Is it because of Rail Wars? Was it that bad compared to it's material source?

I'm actually more worried about the ecchi scenes than the fighting scenes. The fighting animation looks really great but the ecchi parts, can't say I like it yet. Need moarrr to be judge.

Sacredus
2017-10-21, 07:58
I don't know source material, but from I remember Rails Wars is know from "LN authors are only in the way" statement and was changed into fanservice show that it should not to be (at least from what I heard). So both same studio and director of that is really bad sign.

Edit:
Studio alone wouldn't be so bad, they created Rokka anime and that adapted 1 LN Vol into 12ep (good) series.

B214
2017-10-21, 08:07
Well i'm still expecting some major changes into the story like Rias and the others being present in Kyoto especially after season 2.

AndySimpson96
2017-10-21, 08:08
Why do you think Rias etc are going to be in Kyoto?

Bennia Lover
2017-10-21, 08:17
Well Rias should be the only one who appears temporarily.

francescoG1
2017-10-21, 08:18
So they really skipping volumes butchered by Born?

By now the damage is done it makes no sense to do a reboot. At most they can recover the rating game with Sona.

Gaizafaiz
2017-10-21, 08:39
After comparing Volume 21 & 22 with its predecessor, I think I get the reason why the illustration took a drastic change for some of it's character. It was for the the new season. Good job on Miyama's part.

B214
2017-10-21, 08:52
Why do you think Rias etc are going to be in Kyoto?

Like i said Season 1 & 2, both season are pretty faithful but still underwent changes to fit the anime itself. Otherwise Irina wouldn't have appeared for the remainder of Season 2, Akeno, Sona and Tsubaki wouldn't be participating in fighting off KB.

Well Rias should be the only one who appears temporarily.

You think they couldn't just change the setting from field trip to ORC trip isn't that hard. For starters if they go with a second year trip, then the anime would be forced to give some focus to the Sitri girls which has been severely lacking in the anime. I don't see the point of doing that now.

Sparda4
2017-10-21, 09:08
The "trailer" looks off a little. But who knows when the new animation company got their hands on the series. So until we get more i'll hold off on voicing my opinion.

Heracrim
2017-10-21, 09:20
Can't imagine the confession scene with this new art style, Rias actually look younger than Issei lmao. Hope they'll remove the cockblock part when they about to kiss at the end.. I was so pissed on that scene.

Bennia Lover
2017-10-21, 09:23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCVdZ9g_OYM
Here you can watch the event now as many times as you want.

Lucidrago
2017-10-21, 09:49
Call me a pessimist but I have little hope for this season. Fingers crossed they don't do anything stupid and change the entire plot like with Born.

Gaizafaiz
2017-10-21, 10:07
@Lucidrago No, you are right and have the right to be pessimistic. Even I look at it's bad sides. Even if they manage to make the new season a success, would the sales do well to satisfy the studio? As of now, I have high hopes that Passione can atone for TNK past mistakes.

Parry999
2017-10-21, 10:25
Well i'm still expecting some major changes into the story like Rias and the others being present in Kyoto especially after season 2.
Yeah the anime made Akeno and Rias to popular. There like the poster girls of waifus know they surpass the series itself. Think they try to give vali more scenes in the back ground two? Be weird for a show that a rival does nothing for a season. Though I guess a flash back to the fight between vali and Cao cao would do.

Seafoam
2017-10-21, 11:26
They're gonna give Vali a short cameo most likely. Because he was credited in the seiyuu list, but he wasn't in volume 9 or 10.

Hakai
2017-10-21, 11:32
Vali did have a small appearance in the end of V9

"--And that's it. My report is done. Vali-sama."

"Ah thanks, Le Fay. Thank you for luring the first generation Sun Wukong and the Jade Dragon to that dimension. --How's Hyoudou Issei?"

"I am very touched to meet the greatly anticipated Chichiryutei-san!"

"...Is that so. Yes, great."

"One more thing. First Gen-sama seems to be looking for Vali-sama and Bikou."

"We may run into them soon. To completely shake the First Gen off our backs will be very hard... But hidden in the depths of the Sacred Gear, Hyoudou Issei has begun contact with the past possessors."

"Vali-sama?"

"Persuading others by words is not my style. --I will take the greater challenge of dominating the past possessors, it is more interesting that way. Cao Cao, if you want to defeat us you'd better do it while it's still possible. -- Before I and Ise completely surpass your powers."
@bold really hope they animate that part :heh:

Lucidrago
2017-10-21, 13:32
Well since it's Vali they are sure to do it. I just hope they don't do something stupid like have him show up in Kyoto.

Parry999
2017-10-21, 14:24
^ Like have him fight Serafall or sairaorg well ise trapped in Kyoto? The old staff had a picture of them staring at each other.
Vali did have a small appearance in the end of V9

"--And that's it. My report is done. Vali-sama."

"Ah thanks, Le Fay. Thank you for luring the first generation Sun Wukong and the Jade Dragon to that dimension. --How's Hyoudou Issei?"

"I am very touched to meet the greatly anticipated Chichiryutei-san!"

"...Is that so. Yes, great."

"One more thing. First Gen-sama seems to be looking for Vali-sama and Bikou."

"We may run into them soon. To completely shake the First Gen off our backs will be very hard... But hidden in the depths of the Sacred Gear, Hyoudou Issei has begun contact with the past possessors."

"Vali-sama?"

"Persuading others by words is not my style. --I will take the greater challenge of dominating the past possessors, it is more interesting that way. Cao Cao, if you want to defeat us you'd better do it while it's still possible. -- Before I and Ise completely surpass your powers."
@bold really hope they animate that part :heh: Right I mentioned that in the other thread. I love vali moments like this. It shows he actually likes and respects issei. Despite society claiming his inferior to him. It why I loved the moment between them in volume 7 that wasn't adapted.

Crimson406
2017-10-21, 17:25
Since it’s volume 9-10, so new characters appearing are:

* Le Fay Pendragon
* Gogmagog
* Kunou
* Yasaka
* Lady Phenex
* Misla Bael
* Cao Cao
* Georg
* Jeanne
* Siegfried
* Heracles
* Leonardo
* Zeus
* Poseidon
* Hades
* Indra
* Sun Wukong
* Yu-Long
* Kuisha Abaddon
* Misteeta Sabnock
* Beruka Furcas
* Gandoma Balam
* Ladora Buné
* Liban Crocell
* Regulus
* Diehauser Balial
* Rudiger Rosenkreutz
* Naud Gamigin
* Lirenkus

Darksider555
2017-10-21, 17:35
What parts of the anime you guys didn't like? What specific adaptation did you guys dislike or scene that weren't included? for me it was:

Things that were missing:

-Vali team, Baraqiel & Tannin not being included in the Loki battle.
- The Gremory Vs Sitri Rating Game

Thighs that were altered:

-The whole Loki mind control arc was dumb. Duplicating Boosted Gear takes a lot of effort as we see in Volume 16.
-Akeno & Issei's moment before the battle with Loki was replaced with with the motel scene.
- Skipping most of Volume 5's story gave Koneko little character development.

Parry999
2017-10-21, 17:49
The 3 episode filler in a 12 episode season was beyond bad. That's the real point that makes born unsalvageable. Could have done stuff with boob god and the rating game then. I can see why they try to connect loki to the main plot more in early born. From a show point of view it makes sense instead of halting the plot for his solo gig. But the fight was handle better in the novel and character intro actions.

Seafoam
2017-10-21, 18:26
I didn't like the altered version of volume 6. They wanted to bash it in your face to remind you of Raynare, but the funny resolution was the charm of the volume.

thefreakmike
2017-10-21, 18:59
The reason they put Raynare was to foreshadow for her trauma which was introduced and dealt with in vol 10, which many felt came out of nowhere.

Parry999
2017-10-21, 22:06
I didn't like the altered version of volume 6. They wanted to bash it in your face to remind you of Raynare, but the funny resolution was the charm of the volume.

That's the part you didn't like remember they gave 0 reason why Shalba helped diodora.

Lucidrago
2017-10-21, 23:36
It was more like Diodora was helping Shalba. Well I would say it was consensual. Diodora wanted Asia. Shalba wanted Rias' life because of her being Sirzechs' sister. So their interests were mutually connected. Although Diodora is related to Ajuka, the current Beelzebub but whatever. Shalba most likely just used him to get what he wanted at the moment and would have disposed of Diodora afterwards after he outlived his usefulness.

C&D I doubt that Lady Phenex, Misla Bael, Zeus, Poseidon, and Lirenkus are even going to show up. Or else we would have gotten Lord Phenex in the first season and we would have gotten Shemhazai(I know he appeared in the anime but he was a background character who nobody knew who he was). And even Hades, Indra, Diehauser, and Rudiger I'm very skeptical about showing up. Just because they were in those parts in the novels doesn't mean it's going to be the same for the anime. Especially for those like them who really don't serve any major role in that certain part. I know it's a new studio but still it's very doubtful they're going to show everyone who appeared in those volumes.

Parry999
2017-10-22, 00:07
Lucidrago that actually makes a lot more sense then a low class devil suicide bomb killing maou classess. God that plan was dumb.

Crimson406
2017-10-22, 00:20
C&D I doubt that Lady Phenex, Misla Bael, Zeus, Poseidon, and Lirenkus are even going to show up. Or else we would have gotten Lord Phenex in the first season and we would have gotten Shemhazai(I know he appeared in the anime but he was a background character who nobody knew who he was). And even Hades, Indra, Diehauser, and Rudiger I'm very skeptical about showing up. Just because they were in those parts in the novels doesn't mean it's going to be the same for the anime. Especially for those like them who really don't serve any major role in that certain part. I know it's a new studio but still it's very doubtful they're going to show everyone who appeared in those volumes.

What if your wrong. Besides Lord Phenex and Shemhazi roles were short in the novels.

Parry999
2017-10-22, 00:24
Shemazi looked lame and he only important because a hybrid kid we have never seen. Which is sad since his the fallen angel leader know.

B214
2017-10-22, 05:24
Now that i think about it, does this mean the Mobage illustration will be changed. Personally i would prefer if they can maintain the old design for the mobage card.

Crimson406
2017-10-22, 07:49
Now that i think about it, does this mean the Mobage illustration will be changed. Personally i would prefer if they can maintain the old design for the mobage card.

Probably not, once the anime changes so will the mobage.

Royalknightftw
2017-10-22, 07:53
What parts of the anime you guys didn't like? What specific adaptation did you guys dislike or scene that weren't included? for me it was:

Things that were missing:

-Vali team, Baraqiel & Tannin not being included in the Loki battle.
- The Gremory Vs Sitri Rating Game

Thighs that were altered:

-The whole Loki mind control arc was dumb. Duplicating Boosted Gear takes a lot of effort as we see in Volume 16.
-Akeno & Issei's moment before the battle with Loki was replaced with with the motel scene.
- Skipping most of Volume 5's story gave Koneko little character development.

There are SO many things that are wrong with Born. I always think that the whole existence of Born is a mistake

Malicre
2017-10-22, 09:17
I stopped watching the dxd anime after the 2nd to last episode of BoRN aired and i have no plans to support the new season. Generally i like to rewatch my favorite anime shows but since i don't like skipping episodes / seasons i threw out my copies of DXD season 1/2 because of how bad BoRN was. i do hope that the new season is good for those of you that are actually looking forward to it, i just pray they don't fuck it up again because if they do its over as far as the anime is concerned.

Lucidrago
2017-10-22, 10:02
What if your wrong. Besides Lord Phenex and Shemhazi roles were short in the novels.

I could be. But the same can be said for most of the characters you listed. Shemhazai showed up three times in the first 7 volumes. The first time in Volume 4 when he was talking with Azazel. The second time when he was in the conference room with the Azazel, the Satans, and the Seraphs talking about how Kuroka and Bikou had basically just easily infiltrated the Underworld. And the third time when Saji was teleported to the Loki battle and Shemhazai started talking to Issei. He had way more of a role than Lady Phenex, Misla Bael, Lirenkus, Zeus, Poseidon, and some others. Again do you think they're going to include every character that appeared in Volumes 9 and 10?

And yeah, Born was a failure. And those last three episodes were horrible.

Parry999
2017-10-22, 11:15
^Sold well enough to get a sequel at least.
I stopped watching the dxd anime after the 2nd to last episode of BoRN aired and i have no plans to support the new season. Generally i like to rewatch my favorite anime shows but since i don't like skipping episodes / seasons i threw out my copies of DXD season 1/2 because of how bad BoRN was. i do hope that the new season is good for those of you that are actually looking forward to it, i just pray they don't fuck it up again because if they do its over as far as the anime is concerned.
You don't think threwing away something you like for one bad season might an over reaction?

Seafoam
2017-10-22, 11:20
How well it sold wasn't indicative of how it was received. Go to 2ch or somewhere else and you'll see that BorN is called "garbage" by many fans. And it wasn't just because of the story, it was also because of the awful animation and designs taking a step backward in quality.

Parry999
2017-10-22, 11:23
How well it sold wasn't indicative of how it was received. Go to 2ch or somewhere else and you'll see that BorN is called "garbage" by many fans. And it wasn't just because of the story, it was also because of the awful animation and designs taking a step backward in quality.

Not denying that I didn't like it either but it's been three years. Fans hate the transformers movies there's 5 of them. Where just lucky a new studio picked this niche series up.

Bennia Lover
2017-10-22, 12:22
My Cao Cao DxD Hero Logo Edit Addition: https://bennialover.deviantart.com/art/Cao-Cao-DxD-Hero-Logo-Edit-Addition-711124865

Edit: Issei version: https://bennialover.deviantart.com/art/Issei-DxD-Hero-Logo-Edit-Addition-711129411

Crimson406
2017-10-22, 23:43
The old cast except Risa, Maaya, and Ai are returning.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/daily-briefs/2017-10-22/high-school-dxd-hero-anime-reveals-returning-cast/.123054

Parry999
2017-10-23, 00:26

http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/daily-briefs/2017-10-22/high-school-dxd-hero-anime-reveals-returning-cast/.123054 Born didn't portray rose positively anyway.

Seafoam
2017-10-23, 00:46

http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/daily-briefs/2017-10-22/high-school-dxd-hero-anime-reveals-returning-cast/.123054

That's not the full cast anyways, since many characters are missing on there that will be in this season. Wait before saying they aren't returning until we get a full cast listing.

Bennia Lover
2017-10-23, 06:52
About this new season, the reason why it isn't coming out in January aka Winter season of anime is because Passione are animating a series in the winter season called Citrus. So I do believe we will get S4 in the Spring season aka month of April.

B214
2017-10-23, 06:57
Or July. Latest is October. Unless of course they delay it to 2019.

Bennia Lover
2017-10-23, 07:15
Given the PV, there is no need to delay to 2019 or even fall of 2018.

Ruki0089
2017-10-23, 09:33
Cao Cao!!!~~
I like current art....

Parry999
2017-10-23, 09:39
About this new season, the reason why it isn't coming out in January aka Winter season of anime is because Passione are animating a series in the winter season called Citrus. So I do believe we will get S4 in the Spring season aka month of April.

Oh cool the yuri manga.

Bennia Lover
2017-10-23, 09:41
Yes if they weren't animating that maybe DxD Hero would have came out in winter season instead.

Ruki0089
2017-10-23, 09:44
Hope they don't screwed this again...

B214
2017-10-23, 10:38
They will skip the RG entirely and make it into a fist fight between Ise and Sairaorg only. XD

Lucidrago
2017-10-23, 11:21
@B214 Is it really sad that I don't doubt that for a second.

Parry999
2017-10-23, 11:33
They will skip the RG entirely and make it into a fist fight between Ise and Sairaorg only. XD

Well Rias wouldn't be useless for a full season then everyone would xD.

Sparda4
2017-10-31, 18:49
I've been comparing the true longinus in the anime and in the Ln illustrations and i'm starting to have hope surrounding the new studio. So far. Cao Cao seems fine. I've read some random things on other sites and even saw an image with his eye changing color and getting a tatoo bellow. Doubt it's genuine but "foreshadowing" the medusa eye he gets later maybe ?

aw454wtr
2017-11-03, 03:28
Maybe the fight in the abandoned factory where the shadow user reaches BB will be skipped

If vol9 & 10 are the only ones being animated there should not be any major changes like in Born unless they want to cram in a SS or two

Bennia Lover
2017-11-03, 03:32
@Sparda I know what image you are referring to because I've seen it as a thumbnail for a YouTube video and it's fan made.

Raptor178
2017-11-03, 23:32
Maybe the fight in the abandoned factory where the shadow user reaches BB will be skipped

If vol9 & 10 are the only ones being animated there should not be any major changes like in Born unless they want to cram in a SS or two

If the extra life of volume 8 and the subway station fight will be scrapped, then we won't see Ise's Flame Blaze at all.

Gaizafaiz
2017-11-11, 08:33
Which volume does Irina becomes a legit main character? Is it 7 or 9? I hate the fact that Irina is put under the support character on myanimelist for DxD Hero. For Born it was still understandable.

Royalknightftw
2017-11-11, 08:48
Which volume does Irina becomes a legit main character? Is it 7 or 9? I hate the fact that Irina is put under the support character on myanimelist for DxD Hero. For Born it was still understandable.

In Vol 9. She participated in Kyoto battle

B214
2017-11-11, 11:57
She participated in the battle against Loki too.

cyberdemon
2017-11-11, 14:41

Irina joins Kuoh and the ORC in volume 6

Lucidrago
2017-11-11, 17:14
Yeah besides not being in the Rating Game/ambush in Volume 6 and not being in the Rating Game in Volume 10 due to being a reincarnated angel, she is part of the main cast and has basically participated in every battle with the Gremory group.

Bennia Lover
2017-11-11, 17:37
If Elmenhilde was introduced in the third arc, so if V16 was placed there instead, she surely would have been made a protagonist somehow since Ishibumi likes her character quite a bit.

Crimson406
2017-12-25, 09:23
2018 animes at the international exhibition center.

https://twitter.com/fantasia_bunko/status/945215518729838592

Crimson406
2018-01-19, 22:13
Passione art-style of Rias and Issei.

https://twitter.com/hdd_anime/status/954549291569135616

Bennia Lover
2018-01-19, 22:19
(Note: reposting here) HERO will be officially coming out in April. Also Volume 25 and SLASHDOG Volume 2 are coming out in March: https://twitter.com/ishibumi_ddd/status/954548826039246848

thefreakmike
2018-01-19, 22:33
Passione art-style of Rias and Issei.

https://twitter.com/hdd_anime/status/954549291569135616

Yeah.... Its definitely gonna take time to get used to the new designs, they arent bad thats for sure, tho I damit i preffered how they looked previously, I just hope for a good adaptation, if we can get that then the art style will be the least of our problems

Bennia Lover
2018-01-19, 22:35
Well the art style is much better than the PV so no one should be complaining it looks moe blob now xD

Crimson406
2018-01-19, 22:56
Expressions of Rias and Issei = https://imgur.com/a/hBZLV

Gaizafaiz
2018-01-19, 22:56
Is the old casts coming back for Irina, Xenovia and others? Since we haven't gotten any news about it. Especially for Xenovia since Taneda Risa just finished recovers from surgery.

@CrimsonDarkness406 Their face expressions looks more lifeful than before. Thanks for the images. Will we be getting more?

Crimson406
2018-01-19, 23:08
I’m hoping they will and Risa seems to be in top shape after looking through her latest tweets.

The Rias and Issei are new published ones.

Heracrim
2018-01-20, 05:40
After seeing the face expressions, Rias' new art style isn't that weird as I thought. Maybe even better than before (?). Well now I can get use to it, thanks for the post.

AndySimpson96
2018-01-20, 05:42
Looking at those new images, i think the Character designs have changed slightly compared to the PV from a few months back.

Crimson406
2018-01-20, 06:24
True Longinus is a lot longer than I expected and Illegal Traina.

bodo
2018-01-20, 06:24
It looks good, but I would have liked to see some muscle on Ise ... waiting for Asia, on the old design her ears and forehead were huge :heh:
Edit: Asia looks great.

Gaizafaiz
2018-01-20, 07:53
Yess, more give me moreee.

@CrimsonDarkness406 gotta agree with you there, it is way longer than what I anticipated. Is it only two pages?

syzorst
2018-01-20, 09:15
It's okay but I'm going to miss the art style from TNK. You just can't beat that for this series.

DragonOsman
2018-01-20, 10:07
It's either that or shitty adaptation. There's a chance that Passione will make a better adaptation than TNK.

syzorst
2018-01-20, 10:59
It's either that or shitty adaptation. There's a chance that Passione will make a better adaptation than TNK.

Only season 3 was crap. The first 2 seasons were decent.

DragonOsman
2018-01-20, 13:02
I know. I'm also only talking about the 3rd season. I wonder if Passione can't do something to fix the 3rd season?

Seafoam
2018-01-20, 13:10
Better to just move on and not waste any more time on it.

AndySimpson96
2018-01-21, 07:44
The question is if the characters will just ignore events of Born completely and act like they didn't happen or if they'll reference the true events or not.

DragonOsman
2018-01-21, 07:57
^Yeah. Hopefully they'll try to correct it my mentioning/referencing the true events that happened in the novels and act like BoRN never happened.

Crimson406
2018-02-08, 21:40
DxD HERO opening and ending is confirmed.

Opening: Switch song: Minami on April 25th.

Ending: Not Popular on May 9th.

https://twitter.com/hdd_anime/status/961786156907085825

Bennia Lover
2018-02-08, 22:07
Ending song artist is called Tapimiru. Also the dates shown are when the full versions will be released.

Crimson406
2018-03-05, 08:17
DxD HERO will start on April 10th
https://twitter.com/darli_fra/status/970571532215902210?s=21

B214
2018-03-05, 18:27
^I think that info should go to the anime thread as well.

Bennia Lover
2018-03-05, 18:47
This is the anime thread XD

B214
2018-03-05, 19:39
I mean the one in the older series thread not in the ln thread. -_-

And I don't care if you're joking or not. I will treat you as a idiot for this single moment. XD

Bennia Lover
2018-03-05, 21:32
I've never looked properly at page 2 as I have never needed to until now -- your comment invalid.

Lucidrago
2018-03-05, 22:40
You ladies finished with your make-out session?

Crimson406
2018-03-06, 01:14
Be careful what you wish for. XD

Crimson406
2018-03-09, 06:26
DxD HERO arts and Risa Taneda returns as Xenovia again!!!

https://imgur.com/a/waEtK

Ariel_Saeba
2018-03-09, 06:35
Neato, though old Xen is better :heh:

Gaizafaiz
2018-03-09, 08:09
Is Irina's VA returning? Can't read japanese. Pls say yes. :bow:

Bennia Lover
2018-03-09, 08:25
Maaya Uchida is indeed voicing Irina again.

Gaizafaiz
2018-03-09, 08:28
Yessss my life is now complete. Thx Bennia Lover. Now, I need to wait for a month for the show itself to start.

Bennia Lover
2018-03-09, 08:33
Well the first episode is being screened at a venue on the 30th. Maybe a Japanese fan will get a good recording and upload it on YouTube.

Gaizafaiz
2018-03-09, 08:43
And the video will end up taken down. :heh:

thefreakmike
2018-03-09, 08:47
Risa is back!?!?! Hell mothafakin yes!!! After she wasnt able to come back as Erina, I was wondering if we will get her back for DxD, but now boom!

Hope she takes it easy and doesnt overwork herself, with Maaya also coming back, I´ll take that Rose´s seiyu will be back as well

Gaizafaiz
2018-03-09, 08:53
I fucking miss DxD anime. Especially Irina. Now that Uchida Maaya is returning and Volume 9 is being adapted, I can see more of her on screen now.

thefreakmike
2018-03-09, 09:01
Man, the only ones I cant get behind are new Rias and Xenovia. The other ones dont look bad tho. Specially Rossweisse, she got that Milf vibe to her :love:

godz
2018-03-09, 09:45
then ... the rating game of rias vs sona and chichigami do not exist in the anime timeline?

Seafoam
2018-03-09, 14:46
Just forget BorN existed, that's what Ishibumi wants to you to do.

Raptor178
2018-03-09, 16:16
That's one thing I am worried about though. What's gonna happen with the continuity? In season 3, The Fun Gremory Family didn't get adapted, and we saw Illegal Move Triaina. It's not like the key had collected any breast power.
Also, now that Ise has "cured" himself of Raynare's hold on him, what's gonna happen in the adaptation of volume 10? The memory loss could negate that, too...

The last four episodes of BorN really screwed with the continuity.

Rant over.

Bennia Lover
2018-03-09, 16:48
The Fun Gremory Family is in V8 and continues the plot from V7-V9 so of course it didn't get animated. It's supposed to be animated this season.

Raptor178
2018-03-09, 16:54
The Fun Gremory Family is in V8 and continues the plot from V7-V9 so of course it didn't get animated. It's supposed to be animated this season.

But that's exactly what I meant. Will it even get animated? One of its biggest purposes has been fulfilled by season 3: Ise's Evil Pieces getting adjusted by Ajuka, allowing him to unlock Triaina (which the anime displayed).

Lucidrago
2018-03-09, 18:19
Yeah TNK really screwed it up and if Passione's going to follow the light novels and act as if the cancer known as Born didn't happen, it's going to create a lot of continuity issues and cause a lot of confusion from the anime-only watchers.

Seafoam
2018-03-09, 18:29

No it isn't. Ishibumi said on Twitter it's just vol 9 and 10 being animated.

DragonIsseiHyodoFan
2018-03-09, 18:31
Unless They do an episode 0 It might confused Anime only watchers on how Issei unlocks Triaina.

Bennia Lover
2018-03-09, 18:38
@seafoam Of course Ishibumi would never say a short story is being animated. He never did for the previous seasons yet short stories from V8 were animated so you can't say it isn't and it supposed to be animated because it's important to Issei and Rias' relationship and I believe Passione will not skip it.

B214
2018-03-09, 19:48
Ajuka already adjusted Ise's EP before he enter the Dimensional Gap, so i suppose it solves the question of how Ise unlocks the Triana in anime.

Seafoam
2018-03-09, 19:54
If anything they teased Triana too much. And as far as I remember the engagement didn't really become a big point in the LNs, just a thing that was supposed to be in Ise's face all along. Vol 10 sort of works with or without it either way.

Bennia Lover
2018-03-09, 19:56
Issei unlocks Triana by poking Rias' breasts soo that doesn't matter really.

maton456full
2018-03-14, 22:01
We Will get a livestream Tuesday 21 PM ( Japan hour ) Of DxD Hero .
https://www.twitter.com/fantasia_bunko/status/974111240757784577

Bennia Lover
2018-03-14, 22:26
I dont think it means the entire anime itself does it?
Edit: No we won't. This is just giving us new info on the anime.

maton456full
2018-03-14, 22:30
Expecting a PV or Something .

Bennia Lover
2018-03-14, 22:31
I hope so too.

Crimson406
2018-03-19, 21:05
DxD HERO from DM.

https://imgur.com/a/a2X8B

Edit: Cao Cao’s voice actor is Kōsuke Toriumi and Kunou’s voice actress is Sora Tokui

Gaizafaiz
2018-03-20, 04:55
New trailer.

https://youtu.be/cvLm7TFfRtI

B214
2018-03-20, 05:48
Just to remind people we still have this thread: https://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=147036

While we're allowed to discuss anime here, i believe we should still use the thread for the anime.

vietthai96
2018-03-20, 06:18
Yasaka, Wow, Just Wow

Akasaki Rin
2018-03-20, 07:01
Yep , she looks great .

Malicre
2018-03-22, 03:17
i know you guys are super into this but some of the animation in that trailer was just awful, take a closer look at akeno in the scene with her and rias in the bath, thats some early dbz super animation right there lol.

It actually looks like they age regressed akeno lmao.

Gaizafaiz
2018-03-22, 03:25
Akeno is just a highschooler you know. She seems alright for her age.

Malicre
2018-03-22, 19:16
Akeno is just a highschooler you know. She seems alright for her age.

Yeah i just don't like the new character designs but i didn't plan on watching the new series anyways, thought i would check the trailer out to see if it could "WOW" me into watching it but it did nothing but turn me off even more.

Bennia Lover
2018-03-23, 08:08
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/407575187085852685/426710244874387456/DY9ssjiVwAExHev.png
Anyone know what the text underneath the third image down on the right says?

bodo
2018-03-27, 06:03
Dammit, Vary's character design is blah.
http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/6bcd8cefce1b9d162b76ca6effdeb48f8c546413.jpg

AndySimpson96
2018-03-27, 06:12
Gasper is the one who I think looks the worst now. Vary (that's not right is it?) just looks a bit younger than what he should be.

Akasaki Rin
2018-03-27, 06:14
I don't like Vali's design at all . Azazel looks great though .

DragonOsman
2018-03-27, 06:55
Some of the characters just look bad, but I hear Passione is going to be faithful to the LN in regard to the story. And they might also do a 5th season.

Lucidrago
2018-03-27, 07:46
Vali just looks like Issei with Vali's hair to me.

vietthai96
2018-03-27, 22:46
Yeah, Vali look too mischievous for his own good. Azazel is not change much

thefreakmike
2018-03-27, 23:17
On one hand, it was stated in the LN that Vali looked younger than Issei, with the previous season making him look older.

On the other hand, it does looks the animators are taking way to much inspiration from last 5 volumes art-wise.

Azazel looks good tho, like almost the same lol. Him, Rose, Irina and Koneko are probably my favorites thus far

Seafoam
2018-03-27, 23:22
Well naturally speaking when you try to follow the source's art, you go off how it looks currently as opposed to how it looked 7 years ago. They've also corrected Vali's and Xenovia's eye colors to what they are in the light novel illustrations.

KnightShade
2018-03-27, 23:26
Oh god they turned vali into ‘donte’ aka reboot dante lmao

Femt0
2018-03-27, 23:53
^Wish i could erased my memories about that emo version of Dante :uhoh:

So does Vali has 2 sets of jackets or they censorship the upside down cross?

DragonOsman
2018-03-28, 04:39
I hope they get Shinra's heterochromia right this time.

Bennia Lover
2018-03-28, 05:25
Tsubaki won't be appearing in season 4 since she doesn't appear in Volume 9 or 10. She returns in Volume 11.

CCPDarkraiRules
2018-03-28, 05:27
Yeah at best she probably have a non-speaking appearance in the background.

DragonOsman
2018-03-28, 05:37
If Passione really has a contract for both seasons 4 and 5, and season 4 is successful enough, we'll get an adaptation of Volume 11. I just hope season 5 is a 2-cour.

Kiyoe
2018-03-28, 08:00
https://i.imgur.com/r74fewB.jpg

Lucidrago
2018-03-28, 11:56
They're probably cancelling Sitri vs Agares and are probably having the Sitri group attend the Gremory vs Bael match.

Seafoam
2018-03-28, 12:17
I dunno about that, Ishibumi's been real anal about saying that this season is gonna be the most faithful (since he's writing the script), so they might just mentioned to be having a game.