PDA

View Full Version : High School DxD Light Novel - Volume 16

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

relentlessflame
2013-10-16, 23:58
This is a thread to discuss High School DxD Light Novel Volume 16.

Please stay on-topic and discuss what happens in this volume.
No shipping talk
No pointless chatter
No posting raws or novel illustrations
No posting translations of the novels themselves
No asking about when translations will be done
No posts only to update people about translation status (or to just say that something's "out")
No posts only to thank translators (please us PM or VM instead)

If you want to discuss a related topic, please feel free to request another thread be created about that topic.

NOTE: The novel will be released on 19 October 2013.

n0m@n
2013-10-18, 05:17
Okay. Here are some spoilers.

-Rizevim Livan Lucifer. Vali's grandfather is the 3rd Super Devil. Since Vali's father is the True Lucifer's Grandson, that makes this new Lucifer the real son of the True Lucifer!
-Vali's father was worthless. Rizevim teased his son to throw Vali away and killed him.
-He has an ability which is to nullify Sacred Gear's ability(Holy shit).
-He's so vicious and brutal that even the Old-Maou descendents would pale.
-The Vampire's country turns into a near annihilation state by Rizevim.
-Rias's powerup. She defeats Grendel! Though Grendel was still alive even after he had half of his head blown away!
-Koneko also shows her growth. Especially her breast!
-Ophis's "other half" is called Lilith. Apparently raises a flag with Ise.
-The Evil-Dragon of this volume is Crom Cruach. He was never sealed and he appears to be the strongest Evil Dragon.
-Fafnir becomes beyond a mere pervert and something insane happens because of him....
-Rizevim's preparing to go to the world where Chichigami is, and therefore is preparing to defeat Great-Red.
-The organization is formed to counter him with the power of each faction. This group is called "DxD" and Koneko was the one that named it.
-The leader will be Dulio. The sub-leader will be the First Gen Sun Wukong!
-Rizevim only retreats because he got bored.
-Ise gets a power up but something bad happens...
-Vali gets of the hook by becoming Odin's adopted son.
-It seems Arthur raised a death flag....
-Apparentely the reason behind Gasper's power is due to the fraction of Balor's instinct.
-Apparently it may become the 14th Longinus.....

ImperialFlameGod8190
2013-10-18, 05:23

-Rizevim Livan Lucifer. Vali's grandfather is the 3rd Super Devil. Since Vali's father is the True Lucifer's Grandson, that makes this new Lucifer the real son of the True Lucifer!
-Vali's father was worthless. Rizevim teased his son to throw Vali away and killed him.
-Rias's powerup. She defeats Grendel! Though Grendel was still alive even after he had half of his head blown away!
-The Evil-Dragon of this volume is Crom Cruach. He was never sealed and he appears to be the strongest Evil Dragon.
-Fafnir becomes beyond a mere pervert and something insane happens because of him....
-Rizevim's preparing to go to the world where Chichigami is, and therefore is preparing to defeat Great-Red.
-The organization is formed to counter him with the power of each faction. This group is called "DxD" and Koneko was the one that named it.
-Apparentely the reason behind Gasper's power is due to the fraction of Balor's instinct.

yare yare this is something but I have a feeling i'm gonna heat this volume.

Shinon
2013-10-18, 05:26
ok first i dont know what to say it sounds amazing :P
vali adopted son of odin good one xd hehe lilith and flag raised oh isse i cant wait to read it xd

Chris38
2013-10-18, 05:26
Well, judging from the spoilers, volume 16 is going to be pretty intense and serious.

Can't wait to see some more information about it, but things definitely take a turn for some more hard times, especially considering the fact that the main antagonist is someone really powerful.

I'm also a little worried about some of the things that those spoilers mentioned, but I will wait for some more details, before I will say what I think about it.

n0m@n
2013-10-18, 05:28
Oh, I forgot to add one more thing there.

It seems like the "Heroes" will return. Cao Cao?

longtooth
2013-10-18, 05:28
Wow really looking forward to it
So many thing happen there

Chris38
2013-10-18, 05:35
Oh, I forgot to add one more thing there.

It seems like the "Heroes" will return. Cao Cao?

Well, that would be a quite surprising development, that definitely would need some more explanation on how something like that would be possible.

Anyway, does anyone have an idea on how many pages the volume is approximately going to have.

Since, in my opinion, all those events, need more then the usual amount of pages to properly setup the mood and seriousness of this situation.

rozenwish
2013-10-18, 05:49
that why issei got new body from great red and ophis.

Shinon
2013-10-18, 05:53
something bad happens wonder what it could be xd

II Maestro
2013-10-18, 06:00
What kind of world or significance does Chichigami-sama anyway for someone who is called a super devil like Rizevim to be interested, Does Rizevim want a blessing from Chichigami-sama or does he also seek breast~?

Chris38
2013-10-18, 06:13
What kind of world or significance does Chichigami-sama anyway for someone who is called a super devil like Rizevim to be interested, Does Rizevim want a blessing from Chichigami-sama or does he also seek breast~?

I think that Chichigami-sama being in the same world that Rizevim is trying to go into, has just been done to make some funny moment in this ... from the looks of it, serious volume and the thing that Rizevim is seeking - most likely some power or divine artifact that will increase his chances of defeating / finding Great Red doesn't have much relation with her.

It also might be done to increase Ise's chances of defeating him, due to gaining another blessing from her, in the final fight against the son of the Old Lucifer :heh:, which most likely won't occur anytime soon.

rycN
2013-10-18, 06:54
Can't wait for the whole translation :)

WILD_LION
2013-10-18, 07:41
WHAT MEANS THIS???

????????

Chris38
2013-10-18, 07:49
^

It most likely means that a second Ophis (called Lilith), made from the power that was stolen from the original Ophis, which happened in volume 11, is going to appear in volume 16, and also show some attraction to Ise - probably due to his chick magnet status.

Or that there is more to the Infinite Dragon, then we knew so far, and there exists some more evil version of Ophis (I'm only basing this on the name that was provided in n0m@n's spoilers) that is going to make an appearance due to Rizevim's actions.

Naoe Yamato
2013-10-18, 09:09
um so let's see... in the old spoilers Kiba discovers the price for Gram and now Arthur will rais a death flag? Being a swordman sure is hard

n0m@n
2013-10-18, 09:10
Another spoilers.
-Sitri and Bael are planning to build a school.
-Bennia is a speed-type assassin,
-Rugal is indeed a werewolf, but he is in fact a half-magician. He's a mage fighter. Lol, it reminds me of Rune Soldier Riui.
-Lilith looks exactly like Ophis, but she has less emotion in her expression.
-Also one of the reason why God(Im guessing the God of the Bible) died is revealed.

Chris38
2013-10-18, 09:17
^ Seems like we are going to have something more then just fights in volume 16.

Although, considering all those spoilers, I still wonder if this can be considered a Gasper volume.

Sure, he is definitely going to have some development related to his character occur in this volume, but it seems like it's going to be a small part of the actual plot of this volume.

Shinon
2013-10-18, 09:24
ophis is already almost expresionless and lilith even more cant even imagine it ;/

II Maestro
2013-10-18, 09:24
Woah~! So Rugal really is a werewolf I thought at first seeing the illustration that my first impression of him is werewolf, And now its confirmed and he is half-mage.

So now we might also now the reason as to why the God of Bible has died and we might also know why he left the sacred gears.

Just a question so Odin will adopt Vali, But Vali is a wanted terrorist of the factions does that mean that his sins will be forgiven for being Odin's adoptive son? Is that what Kuroka was implying in vol.15?

Phoenix221186
2013-10-18, 10:23
xD odin : this is my son .. the buttdragon emperor vali .. xD LOL i can see that happening xD

malason13
2013-10-18, 10:39

This. THIS!!!! is just. WOW!!! INTENSE I cant wait to read it!!! No pressure n0m@n.

Chris38
2013-10-18, 10:44
Just a question so Odin will adopt Vali, But Vali is a wanted terrorist of the factions does that mean that his sins will be forgiven for being Odin's adoptive son? Is that what Kuroka was implying in vol.15?

Yep, I think that was the thing that Kuroka was implying in volume 15.

I still don't understand the reason why Vali has suddenly decided to clear his terrorist status, but I guess that we will find that out, when we actually start reading the volume.

On a slightly different topic, I hope that the bad things related with Ise's power up, won't have anything to do with his lifespan or capability to use his Boosted Gear power's, since that would be too repetitive with the aftereffects of Juggernaut Drive, that Ise just recently recovered from, and the issue of Ddraig sleeping, which has prevented Ise from fully using his Boosted Gear powers in volume 14.

I just hope, that it will be something like, Ise being unable to fully control he power up, that he gains in this volume, and that he will just need some more training, to manage to effectively use this new move.

II Maestro
2013-10-18, 10:53
Maybe the reason why the organization is named DxD is because Ise[Red Dragon] & Vali[White Dragon] working together after being adopted by Odin.

Though Albion won't be happy because the one who gave him the title ketsu-dragon is none other than Odin.

amtro
2013-10-18, 10:55
Updated the picture section in the group with Koneko and Rizevim.
Sadly there aren't many pics in this volume, 4 total.

Endscape
2013-10-18, 10:55
This volume sounds really interesting, I'm looking forward to it.

Ultragunner
2013-10-18, 10:57
Just as I thought DxD was done for.....oopsss :heh:
This vol sounds absolutely awesome ^^
I wonder what happens to Fafnir? He will go beyond being a pervert???? :heh:

bastek66
2013-10-18, 11:08
Koneko get what she always wanted
http://i.imgur.com/jEoGTGol.jpg (http://imgur.com/jEoGTGo)

peinmaximus@
2013-10-18, 11:25
guys,all the people in this volume get more strong less ise?because he have a power up but something bad happen?

Chris38
2013-10-18, 11:30
guys,all the people in this volume get more strong less ise?because he have a power up but something bad happen?

Well, Ise already has a quite huge power gap compared to the other members of the Gremory team, so I think that it's a good thing that he has some difficulties with his power ups that make the other members of the Occult Research Club catch up to him a little bit.

Naturally assuming that it won't be something serious that will shorten his lifespan again or have some other serious consequences that will put him in some kind of danger.

peinmaximus@
2013-10-18, 11:34
guys,rias defeated grendel that ise can't defeat,then she is stronger than ise now?and what happen with ermenhilde and valerie in this vol?

Chris38
2013-10-18, 11:39
guys,rias defeated grendel that ise can't defeat,then she is stronger than ise now?and what happen with ermenhilde and valerie in this vol?

Nope she's not. It's just that she has created an awesome move that is difficult to defend against ... but if she is attacked before she manages to use it, then she will be in a similar situation as she was in, during her fight with the Lion Longinus in volume 10.

As for the rest be patient and wait for the volume to actually come out, or someone who has actually been lucky to already obtain the novel, to make some more detailed summary of it,since at the moment, pretty much all of us have the same amount of information that you do.

amtro
2013-10-18, 11:42

She broke through Grendel's defenses and Grendel himself is undead. That is all.

ReaperxKingx
2013-10-18, 11:59

It could be bad in many ways.

One is Ise's body, what if it shortens Ise's lifespan or harm any parts of his body like severe exhaustion after usage or if he goes beserk similar to Saji or Juggernaut Drive. In Ise's stand point it would be bad if it affect Ise's girls, similar to Rias with her breasts shrinking.

The most important and highly likely it will affect the power hierarchy of the Magical Realm. Aside from Indra and Odin not many warriors at the top of the Power Hierarchy knows of Ise or are concern with him. If Ise's new power up makes him too powerful, it means a lot of trouble for the Underworld (No, not the part becoming stronger than High Class Devils, he already pass that and then some). It will make the Underworld's brought into scope with many Magical Worlds, many of which will become wary of the power that the Underworld has gain.Thus, Ise's new power up could make many enemies for the Underworld which could be physical (terrorist or groups actively attacking the Underworld) or political (unrest and unwilling leaders of other worlds actively
preventing the Underworld from making any political moves).

X102reddragon
2013-10-18, 12:28
This volume sounds like it's going to be epic! Only thing is I wish there were a few more pictures for this volume. Also I was wondering when we were going to meet Ophis's other half. Although I was expecting her other half to be her opposite(older body, more talkative personality, etc). Although that would have probably not have been too surprising so the author went for a carbon copy just one that has even less emotions then Ophis..I can't see how that's possible with how emotionless she already is. Lol

Ikaros000
2013-10-18, 13:26
What can I say.... ABSOLUTELY MIND BLOWN!! :D
Im placing my bets on the bad thing for Ise's power up is that he attracts EVEN MORE guys XD Maybe even some evil male dragons :P

n0m@n
2013-10-18, 14:03
Something even more shocking.
A second "Sekiryuutei" appears, and the name of that person is.....

Euclid!
He made a repilica of Ise's Boosted Gear and used Balance Breaker.
Ise initially fought him in his Crimson Queen state while Euclid fought using a normal Balance Breaker state. But Euclid was beating down and overwhelming Ise!
But, Ise awakens his Hakuryuukou's power.
Oh btw, Gasper's Sacred Gear may become the 14th Longinus.
OH, OH! And there was a mention about a beast called "666" who may have the power that rivals Great Red.

ReaperxKingx
2013-10-18, 14:06
This volume sounds like it's going to be epic! Only thing is I wish there were a few more pictures for this volume. Also I was wondering when we were going to meet Ophis's other half. Although I was expecting her other half to be her opposite(older body, more talkative personality, etc). Although that would have probably not have been too surprising so the author went for a carbon copy just one that has even less emotions then Ophis..I can't see how that's possible with how emotionless she already is. Lol
There are more pictures, yet have not been posted yet. The volume comes out tomorrow. As for Ophis, she is emotionless, but she has shown curosity and interest. In in a way, she is a sheltered young girl that has been finally allowed to explore. She taken interest swimming, eating (especially sweets), and even culture (the Ninja side story, she dressed up like a Ninja).
What can I say.... ABSOLUTELY MIND BLOWN!! :D
Im placing my bets on the bad thing for Ise's power up is that he attracts EVEN MORE guys XD Maybe even some evil male dragons :P

I can see that so maybe, however, just wondering if there is a female Evil Dragon among the group or are they all male.

II Maestro
2013-10-18, 14:08
^^Wow~! What a news! So Euclid is the emperor of red dragon(Imitation) while is Ise will be the emperor of the crimson dragon, And finally Ise's dividing gear upgrades.

Soji
2013-10-18, 14:14

Euclid!
Ise initially fought him in his Crimson Queen state while Euclid fought using a normal Balance Breaker state. But Euclid was beating down and overwhelming Ise!
OH, OH! And there was a mention about a beast called "666" who may have the power that rivals Great Red.

Like the other spoiler was not enough.
Man this vol is better that I thought.

But i'm curios, no this mean that the IBG(Imitation Boosted Gear) have a replica of Ddraig as well? I mean to be able to use BB.

ReaperxKingx
2013-10-18, 14:17

Euclid!

It kinda made sense because Boasted Gear initially increases the user power so in not boast stats, Euclid wins because he is a pure Devil and has lived way longer than Ise. So Ise is in a disadvantage because he is a reincarnated Devil, he didn't have much "Demonic power" before (though in the side stories, ISe was said to have high quality Demonic power by Rias and Akeno). Also, he just gotten a new body so he has not explored or maybe his new body isn't stable.

As for the 666 being, who knows, as a matter of fact, it seems off that for 15 volumes Great Red was the strongest then out of nowhere pops in a being that could rival him.

amtro
2013-10-18, 14:20
How the heck do you make a replica of the original's powers without the bloody beast sealed inside it?
How can he make use of boosting if there's nothing to boost him??

Ikaros000
2013-10-18, 14:25
How the heck do you make a replica of the original's powers without the bloody beast sealed inside it?
How can he make use of boosting if there's nothing to boost him??

Well how do you make fake Phoenix Tears then? ;)

amtro
2013-10-18, 14:32
Magic, but never mind I've already figured out how to make it work.
If the device drains him quicker for short bursts of insane power it would make perfect sense.
In that case what he copied wasn't the beast, or the aura, but the mechanism that allows Issei to hold onto power beyond his limits.

Jedsada
2013-10-18, 14:43
for the beast number 666, It possibly means the beast of the sea that is written in book of Revelation (Same as Great Red)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beast_(Revelation)

oh man, just simply read spoilers made me want to say: "This party's getting crazy." (DMC3,Dante)

endarion88
2013-10-18, 14:51
my brain stopped at big breasted koneko! also n0m@n read your mail sometimes XD

animefan36
2013-10-18, 15:08
That just blew my MIND! Euclid just might be my favorite villain in this series just how bad-ass he is!

Richocet
2013-10-18, 16:03
As mind blown as I am with these spoilers, I don't agree with where the whole plot is going with random power-ups and more characters who have power rivaling if not greater then the established ones

celoer
2013-10-18, 16:27
hey n0m@n,about the vol 16:
-how is the new power of divine divide of ise?he become much more stronger?he defeat euclid?
-gasper become more manly or he become more girl?valerie or ermenhild fall for ise?
-how vali become the son of odin?ise is in the dxd group?
-lilith is in love with ise and ophis become jealous?and the monster 666 is a dragon too?
sorry for all this questions.is that I'm really anxious for this vol.

i think 666 is a huge demon beast. not a dragon

Ikaros000
2013-10-18, 16:54
When Ise's new power awakens it'll be every man's dream... COMBINE!!! XD We'll get a Scale Mail that is red with white trims (I hope)

Somethindarker
2013-10-18, 17:19
Veerrryyy interesting developments... I can't wait to read how Odin adopting Vali is goes down. Koneko "maturing" is even more interesting. So many cool things going down this volume. Take your time n0m@n we can wait. One quick question, is it explained HOW Euclid was able to imitate Issei Sacred Gear? Did he clone Ddraig? Or maybe clone a previous user and steal the power?

Wandering Soul
2013-10-18, 17:22
First To aru majustu has NT vol 8 with an amazing story and cruel cliffhanger and now this volume has just seems likes its gonna be epic. I guess all the LN writers want to end this year with an bang. But how does Vali's grandfather know about the existence of the breast fairy since not even Odin, Tanin, or Azarel knew it existed.

Ikaros000
2013-10-18, 17:27
Veerrryyy interesting developments... I can't wait to read how Odin adopting Vali is goes down. Koneko "maturing" is even more interesting. So many cool things going down this volume. Take your time n0m@n we can wait. One quick question, is it explained HOW Euclid was able to imitate Issei Sacred Gear? Did he clone Ddraig? Or maybe clone a previous user and steal the power?

Maybe he used the fight with Grendal to analyse Ise's sacred gear

Somethindarker
2013-10-18, 17:31
Maybe he used the fight with Grendal to analyse Ise's sacred gear

But he used balance breaker which implies he's had it for at least a while longer than his debut. Dunno for this volume is turning out to be epic as hell plus isn't there supposed to be another volume coming out in late December?

Am I the only one giddy with anticipation? I haven't been this excited for a new volume in a while. It's just a shame there aren't that many illustrations this go around, oh well who cares WE GOT A BENNIA and RUGAL pic! Also Sairorg x Sona master RACE!

Ikaros000
2013-10-18, 17:38
But he used balance breaker which implies he's had it for at least a while longer than his debut.

If he has managed to find a way to copy someone's sacred gear im sure they'll be advanced enough to work out how to do BB. Not every user had to go through hell like Issei to achieve it lol

Somethindarker
2013-10-18, 17:41
If he has managed to find a way to copy someone's sacred gear im sure they'll be advanced enough to work out how to do BB. Not every user had to go through hell like Issei to achieve it lol

Very true, also he's a pure blood high class devil who's at least 500+ years older than Issei. You got a point.

kusabireika
2013-10-18, 17:43
can't wait for gasper :hyper-^v^:

where is saji poor him no powerup :T_T:

what is the price on issei new powerup i wonder :T_T:

Kutra
2013-10-18, 17:43
@Somethindarker Remember all the battles against the Hero faction. There no way they don't taken advantage of those fights.

Somethindarker
2013-10-18, 17:45
@Somethindarker Remember all the battles against the Hero faction. There no way they don't taken advantage of those fights.

Yea I'm sure Issei leaves more than enough DNA after every fight he's has, what I'm curious about is HOW they cloned him whether Ddraig himself was the subject or Issei.

kusabireika
2013-10-18, 17:46
Yea I'm sure Issei leaves more than enough DNA after every fight he's has, what I'm curious about is HOW they cloned him whether Ddraig himself was the subject or Issei.

if that true is it posible to clone vali divine dividing too? :meh:

b10nutz
2013-10-18, 17:49
Are there any sings of Tiamat showing up also? So many epic battles in this Volume, can't wait to read it.

Somethindarker
2013-10-18, 17:52
if that true is it posible to clone vali divine dividing too? :meh:

Yea that's the thing cloning something genetic is easy enough like Baels Power of Destruction, Pheonix's Tears etc.., the power is inside them when they are born. But a sacred gear? Issei was born with Ddraig inside him yes. But to our knowledge it didn't effect his DNA so cloning Issei is a fruitless endeavor. Which makes me wonder, is the gauntlet itself made of Ddraigs genetic material? If not. Then is Ddraig body preserved? If so then what of Albion's? What if they are brought back to life like Grendel was?

Are there any sings of Tiamat showing up also? So many epic battles in this Volume, can't wait to read it.

Naw I'm following 3 threads right now with spoilers and so far no word on Tiamat yet. I'm still holding out hope. Issei needs his queen.

cyberdemon
2013-10-18, 17:53
When Ise's new power awakens it'll be every man's dream... COMBINE!!! XD We'll get a Scale Mail that is red with white trims (I hope)

or it will become pink... maybe that is the bad thing that happens lol

kusabireika
2013-10-18, 17:55
^that will be shocking if that happens :blush:

Yea that's the thing cloning something genetic is easy enough like Baels Power of Destruction, Pheonix's Tears etc.., the power is inside them when they are born. But a sacred gear? Issei was born with Ddraig inside him yes. But to our knowledge it didn't effect his DNA so cloning Issei is a fruitless endeavor. Which makes me wonder, is the gauntlet itself made of Ddraigs genetic material? If not. Then is Ddraig body preserved? If so then what of Albion's? What if they are brought back to life like Grendel was?

Naw I'm following 3 threads right now with spoilers and so far no word on Tiamat yet. I'm still holding out hope. Issei needs his queen.

issei future queen will be?

Somethindarker
2013-10-18, 18:01

Tiamat. It's my opinion though don't take it seriously until I'm proven right.

b10nutz
2013-10-18, 18:05

Hopefully Tiamat, since Ophis can't become (at least for now) or how knows maybe even Rias (same way Ravel become a bishop???).

Somethindarker
2013-10-18, 18:11
Hopefully Tiamat, since Ophis can't become (at least for now) or how knows maybe even Rias (same way Ravel become a bishop???).

Well we don't know if the evil pieces can be changed once someone reincarnates. Ophis is a Dragon God who was the leader of the Khaos Brigade so I think she's not eligible.

cyberdemon
2013-10-18, 18:16

Well we don't know if the evil pieces can be changed once someone reincarnates. Ophis is a Dragon God who was the leader of the Khaos Brigade so I think she's not eligible.

Pretty sure it was said that you can't change pieces after a certain piece has been used.

b10nutz
2013-10-18, 18:30
Correct me if I'm wrong but to a High Class devil are given 15 pieces, King not being amoung them since the one who recives them is consider a king (basiclly king piece does not exist) so why are you talking about changing a pice? Rias theoretically could become queen also.

Ps: I hate to type on my damm cellphone.

Ken Sanders
2013-10-18, 18:30
Among the Volumes of High School DxD, I think vol. 16 seems to be to most hardcore and intense story so far.

Sure vol. 12 was an emotional vol. about Ise's whereabouts and all. The fight against Cao Cao and etc.

But the new vol. has an intense approach unlike the other vol. of the series. Can't wait to read it.

n0m@n
2013-10-18, 18:53
Team DxD
-The name "DxD" represents Dragons, Devils, Downfall and such since the team consists of many races. It also represents it since this team would have a role to protect Great-Red from Rizevim.

Members:
Dulio (Leader)
Sun Wukong (Sub-Leader)
Azazel
Sairaorg Bael and his group
Seekvaira Agares and her group
Rias Gremory and her group
Sona Sitri and her group
Brave Saints(Etc Irina and Griselda)
Grigori(ect Slash Dog)
Yu-Long
Vali-Team

So that means there are five Longinus possessors, the Two Heavenly Dragon, three of Five Dragon Kings.....
Oh, and Sakra(Indra) brought back Cao Cao, and it seems like Cao Cao will join them afterwards since he would be able to fight the "Evil Dragons" and a "Lucifer". Georg and Leonardo may come back as well, though Gerog is currently researching about magic in the realm of the dead.

Also about Gasper.
His crazy mode would be called either "Yami Gasper" or "Gasper Balor". You will know if you search Balor in the wiki. Apparently a fraction of his consciousness sleeps with the SG. Also Balor in this LN is a God. Because of this Gasper would have two personalities. Even Vali tells Rias did Gasper would have more restriction due to his power(more than Ise) for being insane.

Mass Produced Evil Dragons. The traitorous Vampires that got enhanced by the Holy Grail became Evil Dragons and started attacking their village.

There are basically no ecchi scenes, except in the first chapter(Life 0) involving Ise and the Church Trio.

And the battle against Grendel.
Gremory group + Azazel + Irina fought Grendel while not having Ise waste his energy using Crimson Queen.
Grendel showed his craziness again. He was defeated with Rias's new move. Only half of his face remained but he was alive.
Grendel tried to fight in that states, but a new Evil-Dragon Crom Cruach appears.
Crom Cruach is the strongest Evil Dragon, and he may currently have the power equal to the original Heavenly Dragon.
Also, Crom Cruach never died. He was always alive. Even Vali states Crom Cruach is more of a battle maniac than him.

Crom Cruach
Ise and Vali teams up and fights him. The battle ended after 10 minutes since Crom Cruach was only told to hold them for ten minutes. He has the form a human and can shape-shift to a Dragon. But he prefers to fight in the human-form since it works well for him. Ise used his Crimson Queen while Vali fought in his normal BB. Vali was saving his energy to fight Rizevim and he also used his energy when he fought Euclid earlier(in his replica Boosted Gear Scalemail).

X102reddragon
2013-10-18, 18:54
Wonder if there will be a Rias and Ise "moment" I won't lie the way they parted on volume 14 wasn't all that good to me. While at the same time it can also be said that it showed that there relationship has progressed to a higher level(such as when Ise said something along the lines of their souls being connected) I wished they at least hugged each other before they parted. Also it's about time Irina had her moment with him as well.

X102reddragon
2013-10-18, 19:02
Forget my above post. Lol answers my question. Was typing my question when nom@n posted another spoiler. By the way Nom@n sent you a privet message relating to where and how you learned Japanese. Not sure if you got it.

chaotix37
2013-10-18, 19:04
Among the Volumes of High School DxD, I think vol. 16 seems to be to most hardcore and intense story so far.

Sure vol. 12 was an emotional vol. about Ise's whereabouts and all. The fight against Cao Cao and etc.

But the new vol. has an intense approach unlike the other vol. of the series. Can't wait to read it.

It seems also that the tension is rising in this latest volume..This is somehow better than Vol. 10. Wherein Rias' team v. Sairaorg team clashed..

peinmaximus@
2013-10-18, 19:11
hey n0m@n,about the vol 16:
-how is the new power of divine divide of ise?he become much more stronger?he defeat euclid?
-gasper become more manly or he become more girl?valerie or ermenhild fall for ise?is valerie a onee sama style?
-how vali become the son of odin?
-lilith is in love with ise and ophis become jealous?and the monster 666 is a dragon too?
sorry for all this questions.is that I'm really anxious for this vol.

n0m@n
2013-10-18, 19:15
Oh about Ise's new powerup.
It happened because Ddraig and Albion came to settle each others differences. The Battle of Two Heavenly Dragons(Ddraig and Albion) has ended! Albion got even more shocked when he saw the Panty Dragon, Ddraig tried to save him from falling mad, and they ended up making up. They told their hosts(Ise and Vali) to keep quiet for a while. Since Ddraig and Albion made up, Ise was able to access Albion's power. Unlike the white gauntlet before, Ise can have small white dragons appear from his jewels. It has the power to "divide" along with "reflecting" attacks. Because of the access of this new power, Ise can use Dividing Gauntlet anymore, but this new power proves to be more powerful.

Gasper becomes manly mentally. Valerie appears to be a woman with blonde hair and looks about 3 years older than Ise. None of the new girls fall for Ise at this point.

Im sure I already said that Vali was adopted and that 666 was beast, not a dragon, in my post few pages back

Ultragunner
2013-10-18, 19:20
calm down :heh:, don't just bombard him with questions like that, I know we're all (n0m@n included) curious about all the above questions.
but I have to say
some beast that can rivals Great Red??? I have a mixed feeling about the author throwing in some strange character just to make Great Red seems less overpowered:heh:. I always a thing for Great Red to be the "absolute strongest" and then he have ...this :heh:

EDIT: the pantsu dragon helps the two Heavenly Dragons make up???? woa, the power of pantsu :heh:

kusabireika
2013-10-18, 19:25
It happened because Ddraig and Albion came to settle each others differences. The Battle of Two Heavenly Dragons(Ddraig and Albion) has ended! Albion got even more shocked when he saw the Panty Dragon, Ddraig tried to save him from falling mad, and they ended up making up. They told their hosts(Ise and Vali) to keep quiet for a while. Since Ddraig and Albion made up, Ise was able to access Albion's power. Unlike the white gauntlet before, Ise can have small white dragons appear from his jewels. It has the power to "divide" along with "reflecting" attacks. Because of the access of this new power, Ise can use Dividing Gauntlet anymore, but this new power proves to be more powerful.

Gasper becomes manly mentally. Valerie appears to be a woman with blonde hair and looks about 3 years older than Ise. None of the new girls fall for Ise at this point.

Im sure I already said that Vali was adopted and that 666 was beast, not a dragon, in my post few pages back

quick question uhm what is the price of powerup of issei and kiba's Gram cursed? i hope its ok to ask T_T

bludvein
2013-10-18, 19:29
Well that's interesting, but you said he would have a problem with it. What is it?

If Rizevim can nullify SGs, then isn't he pretty much invincible to most of the main cast? I guess this is a job for Sirzechs, but somehow that doesn't seem right.

Ken Sanders
2013-10-18, 19:30
Wait! Everyone!

Before anything else, there is one thing we need to confirm and it is very,very important!

Will Koneko's breast(I think its C-Cup) return the way it was or is it permanent?

kusabireika
2013-10-18, 19:31
Well that's interesting, but you said he would have a problem with it. What is it?

If Rizevim can nullify SGs, then isn't he pretty much invincible to most of the main cast? I guess this is a job for Sirzechs, but somehow that doesn't seem right.

maybe maou ajuka or caocao can counter him if it's possible?

n0m@n quick question i hope its ok to ask?

quick question uhm what is the price of powerup of issei and kiba's Gram cursed? i hope its ok to ask T_T

Chris38
2013-10-18, 19:56
Wow, seems like volume 16 is going to have more then a few shocking developments.

I don't know what to think about some of the developments that occur in this volume, but

Albion and Ddraig making up, because of the pantsu dragon is definitely going to be a quite hilarious scene to see.

Ise's dividing powers also sounds to be pretty interesting.

Although, does that mean that Vali and Ise won't have their rival fight anymore or ... will it only be something like a confrontation where they won't try to seriously kill each other - in other words, something similar to a training fight or unofficial Rating Game between those two.

@Bludvein

Remember that Ise still contains the power of Great Red and Ophis in his current body, and the abilities that develop from that existence are unrelated to Ise's Sacred Gear.

So even if Rizevim has the ability to nullify Sacred Gear's that ability won't work on the powers of Great Red and Ophis, that Ise will most likely unlock in the future volumes of this arc

n0m@n
2013-10-18, 19:59
For Ise's powerup, there are no drawbacks or negative factors. Kiba on other hand started coughing blood after using it once. Seems like Gram is an insane sword and definitely more powerful than Ascalon.

Yeah, Rizevim is powerful. Ise attacked him in his Crimson Queen but nothing happened. It automatically nullified his attack.
Rizevim states that the reason why there are no SG possessor in Sirzechs's team is because SG possessors would be useless in front of him.

And Koneko's transformation was temporary. She goes back to her original form. Her matured form is called "Shirone Mode". She's racked like Kuroka in that mode.

Shinon
2013-10-18, 20:03
i just want to know it this volume a cliffhanger or it does have some ending?

Chris38
2013-10-18, 20:11
Fortunately Ise has the capability to develop something that is unrelated to his Sacred Gear.

Although, it also means that Ise's Great Red / Ophis abilities are going to contain some insane power, in order to have him compete on an equal footing against someone who is considered a Super Devil, without using his Sacred Gear powers.

kusabireika
2013-10-18, 20:16
Fortunately Ise has the capability to develop something that is unrelated to his Sacred Gear.

Although, it also means that Ise's Great Red / Ophis abilities are going to contain some insane power, in order to have him compete on an equal footing against someone who is considered a Super Devil, without using his Sacred Gear powers.

well issei has counter on the 3rd super devil even without using his boosted gear dragonification perhaps?

im just wondering what will be vali's counter on the 3rd super devil? unlocking his devil gene perhaps "demonification or with odin's help?"

Phoenix221186
2013-10-18, 20:18
vali using gungnir ?

kusabireika
2013-10-18, 20:20
vali using gungnir ?

i dont know about that perhap? or perhap odin will experiment his adoptive son :heh: or give him an edge/power to fight over 3rd super devil who can counter his divine dividing

Endscape
2013-10-18, 20:20
Knowing Vali, he's probably going to use the opportunity to pick fights with Norse gods...

BTW, was there any development with Koneko and Kuroka?

Chris38
2013-10-18, 20:24
im just wondering what will be vali's counter on the 3rd super devil? unlocking his devil gene perhaps "demonification or with odin's help?"

Yes, I think that Vali's counter is going to be him unlocking something that is related to his heritage, as the grandson of the True Maou.

Although, I doubt that the final fight against Rizevim is going to end with Vali and Ise fighting him together - it might start that way, but I think that the person who will get the last hit on Rizevim, is going to be Ise, due to his main protagonist status.

Still, we are probably pretty far away, before the final confrontation against Vali's grandfather is going to start, since judging by the spoilers we have so far, the enemies that we are going to be facing in the current arc are pretty strong and also use some cheats to power themselves up.

InfinityDragonGod
2013-10-18, 20:25
Just how the heck is Rizevim able to negate Sacred Gears!? Is it because he's the son of the original Lucifer? Or is it because he has found some glitch in the Sacred Gear system to negate them?

Also, has there been any details about the death of the God from the Bible that was mentioned earlier?

momoya
2013-10-18, 20:30
who became now ise magican pact?
and what is the meaning of arthurs deathflag?

kusabireika
2013-10-18, 20:44
n0m@n,ise defeated completely euclid?how is the interaction between ise and the new girls(lilith,valerie and ermenhilde)?
Lilith is stong how the original ophis?how end this volume?
and ise still is the stronger of the gremory group?I think that ise still have more potential than gasper already that gasper have a piece of a god in his sacred gear,but ise have the power of the two strongest dragons,two of the three stongest beings in the world(ophis, great red and 666).

^ uhm i think its best if we wait patiently for that :heh:

cyberdemon
2013-10-18, 21:35

so does it say what actually started their fight in the first place?

Phoenix221186
2013-10-18, 21:46
i bet it was cause of a girl .. maybe tiamat ? xD

kusabireika
2013-10-18, 21:48
Yes, I think that Vali's counter is going to be him unlocking something that is related to his heritage, as the grandson of the True Maou.

Although, I doubt that the final fight against Rizevim is going to end with Vali and Ise fighting him together - it might start that way, but I think that the person who will get the last hit on Rizevim, is going to be Ise, due to his main protagonist status.

Still, we are probably pretty far away, before the final confrontation against Vali's grandfather is going to start, since judging by the spoilers we have so far, the enemies that we are going to be facing in the current arc are pretty strong and also use some cheats to power themselves up.

just wondering if that mean that the heroes faction and sakra gonna join the alliance temporarily to fight that 3rd super devil "an enemy of my enemy is my friend?"

cyberdemon
2013-10-18, 21:48
i bet it was cause of a girl .. maybe tiamat ? xD

Calling it here. Albion loved Tiamat who was tsundere for Ddraig. Because Ddraig only cared about fighting he thought Tiamat hated him and only wanted to fight. Albion got really angry and jealous because Ddraig never realized and they started to fight as a result.

kusabireika
2013-10-18, 21:53
Calling it here. Albion loved Tiamat who was tsundere for Ddraig. Because Ddraig only cared about fighting he thought Tiamat hated him and only wanted to fight. Albion got really angry and jealous because Ddraig never realized and they started to fight as a result.

or probably tiamat have hidden agenda/motive in making those 2 heavely dragon fight:heh:

ReaperxKingx
2013-10-18, 22:00
^
Guys, lets calm down a bit about speculations involving characters not in volume 16.

We will get to Tiamat later in time, but for now, lets stay on topic and discuss volume 16.

II Maestro
2013-10-18, 22:26
Looks like lots of stuff are gonna happen in this volume~! Ddraig & Albion nice decision of ending the fight of the red & white dragons.

Ultragunner
2013-10-18, 22:34
:heh: this sure brings back, just like when there were a few spoilers about vol 12 :heh:
I wonder why the 3rd superdevil wants to defeat Great Red, out of boredom?

Phoenix221186
Maybe they form the association against oppai dragon show ... Xd

kusabireika
so there is no female flags for issei ? i guess :meh:

im just curious about arthur death flag :T_T:

and who is really chichigami? why is the 3rd super devil want to kill him along with great red do original ophis on his list too so many question that cant be answer at moment :T_T:

im wondering if the author gave us clue on tiamat if she gonna appear in the next volume :smile:

strongest dragon king is tiamat and strongest evil dragon Crom Cruach do they rank up as heavenly dragon im curious :heehee:

i wonder if the holy grail user will fall to gasper changes :heehee:

lastly will the heroes faction and sakra temporarily join force 0_0 against this 3rd super devil gonna wait patiently for it :hyper-^v^:

Phoenix221186
2013-10-18, 22:39
I HOPE SHE DOES CHANGE HIM ABIT .. the gay flags are getting a bit to extreme ...

kusabireika
2013-10-18, 22:42
I HOPE SHE DOES CHANGE HIM ABIT .. the gay flags are getting a bit to extreme ...

^ but i hope she wont change my gasper too much that starting to wear normal uniform or else ....

http://eemoticons.net/Upload/Kanade Avatar/Kanade 001.jpg

i wonder how strong is sona new members are :blush:

Phoenix221186
2013-10-18, 22:45
i just want her to change him abit ..
ITS JUST THAT READING THAT HE SITS ON ISSE'S LAP IS A BIT TO GAY FOR MY TASTE ... :S
kiba is enough for the gay side xD at least he turn into a girl from time to time

Ultragunner
2013-10-18, 23:11
calm down :heh:, the way you say that may be a bit offensive you know? :heh:
It's strange but for Ise alone, I don't mind him having a bit of "male harem" :heh:, and he already got quite a lot of good looking dudes (Vali, Sairaorg, Cao Cao, Kiba, Gasper....) :heh:

Tbolt
2013-10-18, 23:17
{Chris38}Remember that Ise still contains the power of Great Red and Ophis in his current body, and the abilities that develop from that existence are unrelated to Ise's Sacred Gear.

Volume 14 Life 3 Part 2, Ise says With my newly tuned body, it is now possible to have a part of my body turn into that of a Dragon depending on how much thought I put into it.

Dragonification turns my mind into battle-mode, and I donít want to use it much as possible because my body gets dull after its useÖÖ But Iím in a situation like this. Since Iím in the situation where I canít use my Sacred Gear, this is the only option I have!

And also by dragonifying, that part of my body also gets enhanced! I canít dragonify my whole body, but I have learned how to make one part of my body like my arms and legs transform!

So we may see Ise go full on Dragon mode.

kusabireika
2013-10-18, 23:40
Volume 14 Life 3 Part 2, Ise says

So we may see Ise go full on Dragon mode.

perhaps we probably see both current heavenly dragon host use there dragonification "issei" and demonification "vali" to counter the 3rd super devil coz there longinus useless against him :heh:

Yye1
2013-10-18, 23:41
Looks like Koneko has finally evolved and the story is starting to heat up!!

Chris38
2013-10-19, 00:08
Personally I doubt that just a simple dragonification is going to be enough to beat someone who is the 3rd super devil.

Not to mention, we don't know if it's even possible for Ise to fully transform his body into a dragon, since his current body was made as the body of a humanoid dragon, and I think that makes him a little different, in terms of his body structure, compared to normal dragons like Great Red, Ddraig, Albion or the Evil Dragons.

Furthermore, I think that the author has put Ise into a situation where he needs to research the powers that are unrelated to his Sacred Gear, in order to have a chance of beating Rizevim and I doubt that dragonification of his body parts is the only thing that Ise is going to gain from the parents of his current body.

Finally, before we even start discussing whether or not, Ise will be capable of fully transforming his body into a dragon, he has to demonstrate the capability to reverse his dragonified body part into a human form, without Akeno's or Rias help.

After all, it would be kind of pointless for Ise to fully transform into a dragon, if there would be no way, for him to recover his human appearance, after he doesn't need to be in a dragon form anymore.

n0m@n
2013-10-19, 00:31
Yeah, Ise still needs to be improve even further.
Its strongly hinted that Ise simply cant become stronger with his Sacred Gear.
He fought Euclid. But Euclid easily overwhelmed Ise in Crimson Queen despite Euclid using a normal Boosted Gear(Replica) Scalemail.
This is due to Euclid being powerful. He states that he isnt different to his sister in terms of strength who is a Maou-class. So if someone who has the power of a Maou uses a normal Balance Breaker of Boosted Gear, he would be someone hard to defeat.
Though Ise started pushing Euclid when he got his new ability. Though the battle was unterrupted by Rizevim and then they left.

Also Rizevim has the ability "Sacred Gear Canceller". Ise's attack and Kiba's holy-demonic sword simply vanishes before touching him. Same thing happened when Ise, Vali, and Yami-Gasper attacked him before he left. But their attacks vanishes before hitting them.

Also Sun Wukong would be training everyone. Especially Ise and Vali. Vali's Empireo Juggernaut Overdrive is more powerful than Ise's Crimson Queen, but has less time using it.
Sun Wukong also stated that everyone in "DxD" team would need to increase their strength where they can defeat High-class Devils and Angels and eventually the Ultimate-Class Devils. The Longinus possessors of "DxD" on other hand would need to be strong enough where they can defeat Gods. Seriously, its becoming hacked.... It means that Ise, Vali, Sairaorg, Dulio and Slash Dog would need to become even stronger where they can beat a God. Vali can fight equal to a God only for a moment with his Overdrive. But he can only stay in that form for a moment so he wont be able to defeat Gods or Crom Cruach.

Rizevim also stated that the God of the Bible died because he put thousands of seals to seal away "666" and fought in war between Three-Great Powers in a exhausted state. "666" was actually a being that only the God from the Bible knew existed and others simply thought "666" was a made-up thing.

Yami-Gasper also is connected with Ise. Ise used Gasper's ability when he went into Juggernaut Drive in volume 6 because of it.

dragonroots
2013-10-19, 00:37
@n0m@n So Ise and Vali have traded places with how their power works, before it was Ise who could overwhelm for a short period of time but couldn't last long enough to defeat Vali, while Vali would just give Ise the runaround until his power expired. Now Ise just runs until Juggernaut Overdrive is cancelled and then takes Vali out with CCQ.

Chris38
2013-10-19, 00:43
I don't know what to think about Gasper being connected to Ise, although it's nice that we have been given an explanation of how Ise was capable of stopping Shalba in volume 6.

I also don't know what to think about Ise and Vali needing to reach God level, since it would mean that there are going to be some serious restrictions on Ise's power, after he starts participating in the professional Rating Game - after all, there aren't a lot of Devils that can actually defeat a God, especially those that technically, still belong to the Mid - Devil class.

Although it's nice that we learned some more details about Ise's current CCQ and Vali's EJOD.

n0m@n
2013-10-19, 00:51
Oh, and Le Fay will become Ise's magician lol. Even Arthur asked Ise for this and thanked him when Ise said he'll do something about it.
Im looking forward to Cao Cao's return. Hope he comes back in v17. He did appear in the very last page.

With these many developments, its safe to assume story arc 4 isn't last.
Rizevim wants to go to the Chichigami's world so he could conquor it. You could say that it was Ise's fault that made Rizevim takes his action after many years had passed. Well, thats what he said. He even invited Ise to join him. And the name of their organization is "Qliphoth".

Reaching a God-class sounds hard, but its DxD. You cant tell what would happen. Though the power balance of each character is getting crazy.

II Maestro
2013-10-19, 00:57
Man Sun Wukong is going to train everyone wonder how it will turn out having the Great Sage Equalling Heaven as a trainer would Koneko learn how to master Senjutsu or Youjutsu from Sun Wukong.

I see so that is the reason the God of Bible died, maybe beast "666" is something that must be sealed for being dangerous unlike Great-Red who doesn't care about anything besides swimming in the dimensional gap.

Hell yeah~! Le Fay as Ise's magician pact partner. A cute magician nice~!

Looks like Rizevim is interested in Chichigami-sama's world so the 3rd super devil is interested in breast world? ;P

Somethindarker
2013-10-19, 01:32

Called it. Author himself stated no new girls will be added to Isseis harem.

Probably not. The swag is strong with Issei. He's got a pretty decently sized male harem already.

Gasper.
Vali.
Kiba.
Sairorg.
Rizer.

calm down :heh:, the way you say that may be a bit offensive you know? :heh:
It's strange but for Ise alone, I don't mind him having a bit of "male harem" :heh:, and he already got quite a lot of good looking dudes (Vali, Sairaorg, Cao Cao, Kiba, Gasper....) :heh:

Here. Here! It's all fine and dandy when the girls have yuri scenes but a little bit of male to male "bonding" and it's wrong...? Pfft.

kusabireika
2013-10-19, 01:55
Called it. Author himself stated no new girls will be added to Isseis harem.

Probably not. The swag is strong with Issei. He's got a pretty decently sized male harem already.

Gasper.
Vali.
Kiba.
Sairorg.
Rizer.

Here. Here! It's all fine and dandy when the girls have yuri scenes but a little bit of male to male "bonding" and it's wrong...? Pfft.

there nothing wrong on male bonding i guess especially when your a girl :nod:

Oh, and Le Fay will become Ise's magician lol. Even Arthur asked Ise for this and thanked him when Ise said he'll do something about it.
Im looking forward to Cao Cao's return. Hope he comes back in v17. He did appear in the very last page.

Rizevim wants to go to the Chichigami's world so he could conquor it. You could say that it was Ise's fault that made Rizevim takes his action after many years had passed. Well, thats what he said. He even invited Ise to join him. And the name of their organization is "Qliphoth".

Reaching a God-class sounds hard, but its DxD. You cant tell what would happen. Though the power balance of each character is getting crazy.

wow that kinda ..... serious uhm n0m@n quick question will sakra/hades help them what there motive? will the heroes faction allies themself issei dxd? to fight Qliphoth i hope its ok to ask ?

Kioras
2013-10-19, 01:56

Power balance? whats that.

Reality is, that this appears to be set up to be the last or second to last story arc, and this volume is just the start of it, with at least 3+ volumes left in it.

Sounds like a nice shift from the meandering short story volumes that were burning you out before n0m@n.

Indra040293
2013-10-19, 02:02
i'm begin to think that valli may accept to become odin's adopted son, just to make le fay becomes issei's magician partner :3 we got that flag on vol 15 already XD

kusabireika
2013-10-19, 02:08
what if issei has part of 666 of him? well its just a speculation what if issei and gasper are parts of 666 due too god seal it too both on there human bloodline ugh sorry if its confusing ._. need to read the vol 16 before asking this question :heh:

Chris38
2013-10-19, 02:08

Reality is, that this appears to be set up to be the last or second to last story arc, and this volume is just the start of it, with at least 3+ volumes left in it.

Sounds like a nice shift from the meandering short story volumes that were burning you out before n0m@n.

Personally I doubt that we are as close to the ending as you think, since the author still continues to add new details to the story that haven't been mentioned before - like with the "666" beast, that the God of the Bible sealed by sacrificing his life.

But we will see how it will go, when the volumes after the current one are going to start being released.

Naoe Yamato
2013-10-19, 02:11
I'll say this now, but if the spoilers are correct than we probably will know something more about heavens, maybe Issei will go there, I really want to know more about that, and it seems like a good occasion, maybe
God of the bible left some kind of message on this beast and dxd will use that informations to defeat 666

n0m@n
2013-10-19, 02:18
wow that kinda ..... serious uhm n0m@n quick question will sakra/hades help them what there motive? will the heroes faction allies themself issei dxd? to fight Qliphoth i hope its ok to ask ?

Not sure yet since it hasnt been revealed. It may get revealed in the next volume if we are lucky. Sakra and Ze

Power Balance is an the strength of the characters.

Short story..... I seriously dont want to see a short story compilation volume for a while.... V13 and V15 was already enough. Hope they release the short story compilation after the main story ends. Ishibumi says that v17 will come out as planned, but it seems like v18 or v19 will become short stories again.

kusabireika
2013-10-19, 02:22
Not sure yet since it hasnt been revealed. It may get revealed in the next volume if we are lucky. Sakra and Ze

Power Balance is an the strength of the characters.

Short story..... I seriously dont want to see a short story compilation volume for a while.... V13 and V15 was already enough. Hope they release the short story compilation after the main story ends. Ishibumi says that v17 will come out as planned, but it seems like v18 or v19 will become short stories again.

oh thx for answering aw that is too bad another short story vol T_T

im really excited on gasper volume

uhm n0m@n what does yami gasper look like and its power i hope its ok to ask :hyper-^v^:

DarkSkiper
2013-10-19, 02:54
Instead of Yami Gasper, I will call it Yandere Gasper.

So if Ise can't get stronger through his sacred gear, this leaves the option of exploring the potential of his new body, Ophis and Great Red's power.

I think Crom Cruach is a hint, that in the future Ise may be able to freely shift between Human form and Dragon form.

Chris38
2013-10-19, 04:13
Well, Ise certainly has still a large amount of development ahead of him.

Although, I still think that the first step of development that is ahead of him, after he has obtained all the powers that he can which are related to his Sacred Gear is some kind of stabilization of his current body, which is still in a unstable state.

After all, I think that is the first step necessary to actually start the process of awakening the powers that are related to Great Red and Ophis - since there would be no point in actually starting to use those powers if they would contain the price of Ise dieing, due to his lifespan becoming even more unstable then it currently is.

sky black swordman
2013-10-19, 05:35
Rizevim also stated that the God of the Bible died because he put thousands of seals to seal away "666" and fought in war between Three-Great Powers in a exhausted state. "666" was actually a being that only the God from the Bible knew existed and others simply thought "666" was a made-up thing.

This is interesting because it brings up a question concerning the level of power of the Two Heavenly Dragon Emperors.

For what I know, Ddraig and Albion individually were stronger than God from the Bible. But with this new revelation does that mean the Ddraig and Albion were stronger than God in his weakened state or when he was at full strength?

malason13
2013-10-19, 06:16
Man this is just epic!!! Thanks for the spoilers n0m@n!!

Velial
2013-10-19, 06:50
Hey guys, long time no see.
I see in Vol 16 is alot of things to happen. That if this keeps up it would be an armageddon arc if it keeps up. Euclic with copy of Boosted gear.
n0m@n does Rizevim strong as Sirzechs and Ajuka minus his ability to nullify Sacred Gears?

Well i imagined that 3d Super Devil would be some sort of this, i mean in other Vol Azazel said nothing good will not come if he reveal himself. So it quite expected to show a very much a Satanic incarnation from such antoganist. Also "666" the mark of the beast i suspect.... well story goess more insane,darker and even maybe with two many stuff, so i guess it what it made DxD how it is, be crazy with each new volume.

I wonder if it will ended up like a DBZ version Spirit Boom .... the unstapable Oppai Bomb :heh:

Well in anycase i would like to read this Vol same as everyone i guess.

Ikaros000
2013-10-19, 07:03
I wonder if it will ended up like a DBZ version Spirit Boom .... the unstapable Oppai Bomb :heh:

With Issei being a Dragonball fan he'd probable actually use that to picture an amazing finishing attack XD

Regretsama
2013-10-19, 07:25

Oh my!!! I have an odd feeling there will a lot of twists and shocking events...

X102reddragon
2013-10-19, 07:38
So Ise has reached his limit when it comes to his boasted gear? How can that be? I thought he still hasn't fully mastered the power of his True Queen yet. Of course against this new super devil I can see why he would have to rely on something else. But I still see room for improvement with his boosted gear. I won't disagree though with the fact that he needs to start learn new ways to fight. He's already started this though with his new body he received.

Chris38
2013-10-19, 08:24
So Ise has reached his limit when it comes to his boasted gear? How can that be? I thought he still hasn't fully mastered the power of his True Queen yet. Of course against this new super devil I can see why he would have to rely on something else. But I still see room for improvement with his boosted gear. I won't disagree though with the fact that he needs to start learn new ways to fight. He's already started this though with his new body he received.

I think it means in the sense that he has fully explored / developed the powers and abilities that he can gain from his Sacred Gear.

While, it's certainly true that he still needs some training in other to fully master it, the power up that he gains from something like that, probably won't be that large, unless he raises his basic stats / and the other powers that are contained in Ise's current body first.

Jedsada
2013-10-19, 08:46
I have thought for while, Issei relays too much on power of Boost Gear (Ddraig). It's proved in Volume 14 That without Boost Gear, he can't even fight with magicians properly. :upset:

Well, Since his enemy has an ability that make any Sacred Gears become useless and he will be trained under Sun Wukong from now on, this is a good chance for him to focus on improving his own strength (like Sairaorg) rather than focus only to his Sacred Gear.:)

NeutralZero
2013-10-19, 09:44
If the boosted gear is not enough, maybe he needs to focus on the divine divding and develop it further similar to the Boosted gear...
It seems like he'll start from scratch again...

Ultragunner
2013-10-19, 10:15
wait, so now

Ise will not use Divine Dividing directly but via a mini dragon from SG's jewel? Then his life won't be shortened, right?

Chris38
2013-10-19, 10:16
If the boosted gear is not enough, maybe he needs to focus on the divine divding and develop it further similar to the Boosted gear...
It seems like he'll start from scratch again...

Divine Dividing is still a sacred gear ability that will prove ineffective against Razevim, who can nullify it's ability.

Not to mention it's only a small part of Albion's actual power, and I personally doubt that he can develop it to the same point as his boosted gear's ability.

He might be capable of gaining some more experience in using it, but overall I think that this development is going to make Ise start developing abilities that are unrelated to his Sacred Gear.

GrrDraxin
2013-10-19, 10:26
I'm thinking that Sun Wukong's training of Team DxD would cover a great many subjects. I'm sure that pretty much everyone n0m@n listed for their new organization will get some kind of training, including the veterans like Azazel, Griselda, and whomever else.

I think that he would have quite a lot to teach Koneko and Kuroka in obscure senjutsu techniques they didn't even know existed. In this case, Koneko could use it to help stabilize Ise's body more efficiently like how she has been so far, but better. Though probably still not as effectively as straight up "bedroom techniques", just to keep that avenue open for a semi-emergency.

Rias could also benefit from some technique training from her brother too, since he has such fine control over his POD. Perhaps in combination with his and Ise's perverted brains, they can "inspire" her to develop a technique that steps beyond the bounds of what everyone thought the Power of Destruction could actually do.

I could go into what everyone else could do, but, I don't feel like it right now. Just know that since Sona got to sub as the Gremory king for a short time, she'll probably be able to come up with a grueling, but highly efficient training regimen with everyone.

Ikaros000
2013-10-19, 12:06
I so want Sun Wukong to actually have a secret S side that's revealed when he's training everyone :P

Velial
2013-10-19, 12:34
I so want Sun Wukong to actually have a secret S side that's revealed when he's training everyone :P

Remember if when he train those Longinus possesors to kill god it is already are a level of S-side training session. I mean to surpass thos limitations that you have now that will reach the god-level is already the abnormal level of training. So it is are the Sun Wukong style to make this job to fullfill.

Kutra
2013-10-19, 12:58
I want to know the most important spoiler: Which reaction has taken Ise when he saw the Koneko's power-up :D

Tbolt
2013-10-19, 15:56
I want to know the most important spoiler: Which reaction has taken Ise when he saw the Koneko's power-up :D

That's a no brainer! Massive blood loss.

breno.m.fis
2013-10-19, 17:44
Incredible, this volume is indeed quite promising. This beast "666" reminds me of Cthulhu. The Ise`s version of the hakuryuukou powers also look very cool, divide and reflect unlike divide and absorb, I wonder if BG can still be counted as a medium tier SG. So Ise has no further ability of BG to awaken, any improvement now has to be in its own body. It was expected that Euclid gets so strong with the imitation BG, for someone of maou level power a Twice Critical is already much power.

ReaperxKingx
2013-10-19, 18:33
n0m@n,ise defeated completely euclid?how is the interaction between ise and the new girls(lilith,valerie and ermenhilde)?
Lilith is stong how the original ophis?how end this volume?tiamat appears in this vol?
and ise still is the stronger of the gremory group?I think that ise still have more potential than gasper already that gasper have a piece of a god in his sacred gear,but ise have the power of the two strongest dragons,two of the three stongest beings in the world(ophis, great red and 666).

Whoa there Curious George, allow Nom@n to translate the volume, your answers will be there.

kusabireika
2013-10-19, 18:39
Whoa there Curious George, allow Nom@n to translate the volume, your answers will be there.

^patience is a virtue :nod:

X102reddragon
2013-10-19, 18:45
^agreed lol

fazri
2013-10-19, 18:59
wow this really interesting.
oh yeah it's been awhile i posting in animesuki forum.
ise and other longinus possesor gathering.
seriously vol 16 will be bring us much excitement for batle maniac.

Phoenix221186
2013-10-19, 20:31
now can u imagine how terrifying the training regiment will be for saji ? think about it ..
yes he has the vritra promotion .. but can u imagine his face if he has to fight against isse , sairog, vali kiba or even gasper ? and on top of it being coach by the fighting budda son goku ? i bet even tannin will be there with his dragon pieces ..

Somethindarker
2013-10-19, 20:37
Lilith is stong how the original ophis?how end this volume?tiamat appears in this vol?

Slow down chief. Jeez I was scrolling down just reading the posts and got his with that. Ouch. There is a reason why you've posted the exact same thing like 6 times and it's been ignored. Those questions are all self serving and don't contribute anything to the thread.

wow this really interesting.
oh yeah it's been awhile i posting in animesuki forum.
ise and other longinus possesor gathering.
seriously vol 16 will be bring us much excitement for batle maniac.

Welcome back! :) Yea man there hasn't been such a juicy volume since 12, even then it still doesn't compare to this.. If I could I would buy n0m@n lunch. Or at least give him a high five for doing this for us.

now can u imagine how terrifying the training regiment will be for saji ? think about it ..
yes he has the vritra promotion .. but can u imagine his face if he has to fight against isse , sairog, vali kiba or even gasper ? and on top of it being coach by the fighting budda son goku ? i bet even tannin will be there with his dragon pieces ..

It's all relative. What's terrifying for Saji would probably be like getting a hot tub massage for Issei.

I think Saji mentioned how he sparred Kiba once and was terrified the whole time, meanwhile Kiba said he had only gone about 60% on him.

Chris38
2013-10-19, 20:45
^ It won't be only Saji, that has to literally go through some training from hell.

The other Sitri girls are also going to participate in this training, and I think that they might be forced to spar against Ise, Sariog or Vali as well - well, they probably won't be fighting with their full potential to avoid killing their sparing partner, but I think that one of the methods to raise the other members of DxD to a level where they would be capable of easily defeating a High class Devil / Angel is to have the less powerful members fight against someone who is at a level that is comparable to a High class Devil (more accurately it's above that, but since Vali and the others won't be fighting seriously it should be something similar to the power of a High class Devil).

For Ise, Vali ... and the other strong members, something like that would be a good training in raising their mental control of their powers.

Somethindarker
2013-10-19, 20:49
^ It won't be only Saji, that has to literally go through some training from hell.

The other Sitri girls are also going to participate in this training, and I think that they might be forced to spar against Ise, Sariog or Vali as well - well, they probably won't be fighting with their full potential to avoid killing their sparing partner, but I think that one of the methods to raise the other members of DxD to a level where they would be capable of easily defeating a High class Devil / Angel is to have the less powerful members fight against someone who is at a level that is comparable to a High class Devil (or rather it's probably above that).

For Ise, Vali ... and the other strong members, something like that would be a good training in raising their mental control of their powers.

It would probably be Ise sparring with Arthur and Vali sparring with Kiba. Then they'll switch it up. Like what I imagine would happen would be the Gremory vs Vali teams training together and Agvares and Sitri sparring against Sairorg. I could be wrong I'm kinda drunk atm so i'm not clear.

DrakeKnight
2013-10-19, 21:32
I wonder if Sairorg will join Ise's school now that his planning to rating game school with Sona
Also with happened to Valeire saw a pic with Rizevim holding her SG

Somethindarker
2013-10-19, 21:45
I wonder if Sairorg will join Ise's school now that his planning to rating game school with Sona
Also with happened to Valeire saw a pic with Rizevim holding her SG

Wait what? It's Sairorg and Sona who are going to open the school right?

Phoenix221186
2013-10-19, 21:53
i think they are gonna end up together i just had that feeling since vol 13 when she called him in a private line ... xD
still there are many things happening in this volume that makes me womder how big of a cliffhanger are we gonna get ..

kusabireika
2013-10-19, 22:48
gonna wait patiently for my beloved normal/yami gasper i wonder if there pic of it :hyper-^v^:

poor saji :meh:

poor issei another training from hell :heehee:

Ruki0089
2013-10-19, 22:53

HOLYYYYYYYYYY SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
I....Must.....wait....patiently

join???
now i had bad feeling about that word....
you know something like that would happen in another manga

Phoenix221186
2013-10-19, 23:31
isse turning the bad guy and like that other anime ..joining a god of creation and building a world in a different plain of reality ...

doesn't sound that bad xD lol

can u imagine the oppai dimension ...... but well chichigami exist so he might just moved to live over there xD

Ruki0089
2013-10-19, 23:39
I wondering about that too... or rather hard to imagine it... can you imagine something like oppai mountain or oppai related thing in that oppai dimension, even pervert man like me hard to imagine it.... what will happen to ise if he goes there
i dont know what will happen if ise join this evil organization

kusabireika
2013-10-19, 23:52
I wondering about that too... or rather hard to imagine it... can you imagine something like oppai mountain or oppai related thing in that oppai dimension, even pervert man like me hard to imagine it.... what will happen to ise if he goes there
i dont know what will happen if ise join this evil organization

he will be killed by his harem i think :heh:

though what is the reason that Rizevim extend his hand to issei is issei having something special around him ? 666 perhaps or the power of 4 dragons?

rickiminato
2013-10-19, 23:55
So how powerfull are Rizevim Livan Lucifer?

Chris38
2013-10-20, 00:07
So how powerfull are Rizevim Livan Lucifer?

His the 3rd Super Devil, and also the son of the True Lucifer. He is also capable of nullifying every ability that has a relation with Sacred Gear's.

Judging from that, I would say that he's at a comparable level as Sierzechs in his true form.

rickiminato
2013-10-20, 00:25
so maybe i think the beast 666 is the final boss of high school dxd because the 666 has th same power of the great red and that means that isei is the only one capable of defenting ,combiting the power of ophis and great red at is highest level

n0m@n
2013-10-20, 00:36
Rizevim is a Super Devil, so he must be strong. He acts dumb and retarded, but he actually has brain. He says that there's no way he can defeat Great Red. He even says Hades can't either(obviously). That's why he's trying to find and unseal "666". He wants to use "666" and have it clash against Great Red.

After the defeat of Great Red, he wants to go to the world where Chichigami is and dominate their world. So Great Red is acting as a barrier between the two worlds.

During the Maou-faction VS Anti-Maou faction quarrel, Rizevim was with the Maou-faction while Sirzechs and Ajuka was with Anti-Maou faction. It seems like Sirzechs team was build to counter Rizevim hence there aren't a single Sacred Gear possessors in their team. They would be "useless" against him after all. But this actually shows how serious Sirzech takes Rizevim if you think about it. Even though they are both Super Devils, Rizevim is a son of Maou while Sirzechs is the son of a mere High-class Devil. So it wont be surprising if he happens to be stronger than Sirzechs.

What I like about how Rizevim is portrayed so far as that he isn't fixated on becoming a Maou or is he jealous about having that position taken. Instead, he wants something new and bigger. He does however wear those Maou clothing.
Oh, and speaking about Rizevim.
His father is the true Lucifer and his mother is called Lilith who is known as the mother of Devils.
He gave his mother's name to Ophis's new half. And it seems like the true Lucifer was also called the "morning star" which also appears in the bible(you can simply google that).
He appears to be in his 40 and looks older than Azazel. But he's obviously younger than him and calls him "gramps".

Oh, and speaking about Euclid's replica Boosted Gear, his one appears on his right arm. It has silver lines when he uses Balance Breaker and it doesnt have a Dragon residing in it. But he does require sacrificing several well-known dragon's spirits every time he uses it.

Oh, and Valerie's Balance Breaker is a sub-species. The original BB has only one Holy Grail, but she has three since its a sub-species. Rizevim stole one from her. She had her second one taken by her brother who was controlling her, but it got back into her after Yami-Gasper(also known as Gasper Balor) slaughtered Valerie's brother and other pure Vampires(Yeah, he massacred them lol). So the Vampire story finished quickly with this volume. Anyway, when she had her second Holy Grail taken by her, she fell into a coma state(Gasper and others though she died since they didnt know that she has three Holy Grails). Gasper mans up, and his aim is to retrieve Valerie's third Holy Grail from Rizevim.

Regretsama
2013-10-20, 00:39
This is such really an interesting volume... More twists, more shocking revelation (if there is) etc...

But first I must wait for the translation, patiently to make sure..

Somethindarker
2013-10-20, 00:44
Rizevim is a Super Devil, so he must be strong. He acts dumb and retarded, but he actually has brain. He says that there's no way he can defeat Great Red. He even says Hades can't either(obviously). That's why he's trying to find and unseal "666". He wants to use "666" and have it clash against Great Red.

After the defeat of Great Red, he wants to go to the world where Chichigami is and dominate their world. So Great Red is acting as a barrier between the two worlds.

During the Maou-faction VS Anti-Maou faction quarrel, Rizevim was with the Maou-faction while Sirzechs and Ajuka was with Anti-Maou faction. It seems like Sirzechs team was build to counter Rizevim hence there aren't a single Sacred Gear possessors in their team. They would be "useless" against him after all. But this actually shows how serious Sirzech takes Rizevim if you think about it. Even though they are both Super Devils, Rizevim is a son of Maou while Sirzechs is the son of a mere High-class Devil. So it wont be surprising if he happens to be stronger than Sirzechs.

What I like about how Rizevim is portrayed so far as that he isn't fixated on becoming a Maou or is he jealous about having that position taken. Instead, he wants something new and bigger. He does however wear those Maou clothing.
His father is the true Lucifer and his mother is called Lilith who is known as the mother of Devils.
He gave his mother's name to Ophis's new half. And it seems like the true Lucifer was also called the "morning star" which also appears in the bible(you can simply google that).
He appears to be in his 40 and looks older than Azazel. But he's obviously younger than him and calls him "gramps".

Oh, and speaking about Euclid's replica Boosted Gear, his one appears on his right arm. It has silver lines when he uses Balance Breaker and it doesnt have a Dragon residing in it. But he does require sacrificing several well-known dragon's spirits every time he uses it.

Oh, and Valerie's Balance Breaker is a sub-species. The original BB has only one Holy Grail, but she has three since its a sub-species. Rizevim stole one from her. She had her second one taken by her brother who was controlling her, but it got back into her after Yami-Gasper(also known as Gasper Balor) slaughtered Valerie's brother and other pure Vampires(Yeah, he massacred them lol). So the Vampire story finished quickly with this volume. Anyway, when she had her second Holy Grail taken by her, she fell into a coma state(Gasper and others though she died since they didnt know that she has three Holy Grails). Gasper mans up, and his aim is to retrieve Valerie's third Holy Grail from Rizevim.

Wow that's one hell of a development. Called some of it though. Except the whole holy grail stealing bit, I knew the vamps weren't going to play that big a role in the current story, they were portrayed in a way that would make both sides evil and eviler. Shame they killed off Valerie though oh well at least the vamps are out of the way and the climax of the story is coming.

Anyone care to speculate if DxD will flat out end or carry onto a timeskip?

Phoenix221186
2013-10-20, 00:45
i dont know how to ask this but .. here we go ..
so what does the holy grail exactly ? since everyone wants it its powerful but what does it do ?

Somethindarker
2013-10-20, 00:50
i dont know how to ask this but .. here we go ..
so what does the holy grail exactly ? since everyone wants it its powerful but what does it do ?

Something pretty beastly to have the probably last boss of the novel going after it.

On a side note, hey n0m@n are you yourself going to be scanning and uploading the illustrations? If so, what's the ETA on them on you blog.

InfinityDragonGod
2013-10-20, 00:52
How is the devil Lilith considered the mother of devils?

Also I wonder about the 666 beast.
Could it be that God from the Bible created the Sacred Gears and purposely kept the glitches, Balance Breaker and Longinus, just for the sake of defeating that beast in case it got free from its prison!?

n0m@n
2013-10-20, 00:53
Amtro and ezgoingboi27 already uploaded the illustrations. This volume has the least illustrations so far along with volume 3 and 14. 2 colour and 2 non-colour. Anyway, give your thanks to them:D.

Phoenix221186
2013-10-20, 00:54
Lilith in Jewish folklore is the first wife of Adam that was cast out of paradise and curse to basically be a monster for eternity .. so there's your answer :P
in this story she turn into the mother of the devils =/

Somethindarker
2013-10-20, 00:55
Amtro already uploaded the illustrations. This volume has the least illustrations so far along with volume 3 and 14. 2 colour and 2 non-colour.

Ok awesome man thanx I'll check them out musta've missed them. What are your overall thoughts on vol 16?

InfinityDragonGod
2013-10-20, 01:00
So if Lilith is the mother of devils then is Lucifer the father of devils?
Then what about Adams? Is there any connection?

Kioras
2013-10-20, 01:01
So it sounds like the dimensional gap, when it is maintained by great red is a fence/firewall between dimensions.

Great Red keeps it stable and maintains it with his mere presence while zooming around like teenager on a hot rod.

I guess if the gap was to break down to him not being there, not only could people like Rizevim jump to other dimensions, it would go both ways and others could break into the DxD universe.

Rizevim and Euclid thankfully sound like a pair of magnificent bastard villians who are not playing the with the idiot ball.

Rizevim making himself known and not killing off the heroes likely plays into his plans simply by making them known he will attract other people to his flag and recruit people who want to leave and don't care about the current world.

Pretty interesting revelation that the God of the bible was only killed because he invested a vast majority of his power to seal a great beast as powerful as Great Red, that no one else even thought exists. Wonder if in the process of removing the seals will the return to the heavens and possibly resurrect him?

Tbolt
2013-10-20, 01:02
Rizevim has got to be pissed when Lilith throws a flag up with Ise.

Somethindarker
2013-10-20, 01:03
So if Lilith is the mother of devils then is Lucifer the father of devils?
Then what about Adams? Is there any connection?

Dude it's not meant to be taken literally. She was probably one of the founding devils of the previous regime and they just called her that.

So it sounds like the dimensional gap, when it is maintained by great red is a fence/firewall between dimensions.

Great Red keeps it stable and maintains it with his mere presence while zooming around like teenager on a hot rod.

I guess if the gap was to break down to him not being there, not only could people like Rizevim jump to other dimensions, it would go both ways and others could break into the DxD universe.

Rizevim and Euclid thankfully sound like a pair of magnificent bastard villians who are not playing the with the idiot ball.

Rizevim making himself known and not killing off the heroes likely plays into his plans simply by making them known he will attract other people to his flag and recruit people who want to leave and don't care about the current world.

Pretty interesting revelation that the God of the bible was only killed because he invested a vast majority of his power to seal a great beast as powerful as Great Red, that no one else even thought exists. Wonder if in the process of removing the seals will the return to the heavens and possibly resurrect him?

They are pretty interesting though.

Rizevim has got to be pissed when Lilith throws a flag up with Ise.

She A Lilith(Ophis' clone) not THE Lilith("Mother" of Devils).

Chris38
2013-10-20, 01:04
Has everyone forgotten that the author has also the Shiva arc in reserve, that would be executed if DxD keeps being quite popular for a long time ?

That's the reason why I doubt that 666 or Rizevim are going to be the final antagonists of this story. In my opinion the final antagonist or rather final boss that Ise is going to face will probably be Shiva, and since the author did say that the people from the Hindu mythology have cheat like abilities, I think that he's going to be an even more serious threat compared to the thing that Rizevim is trying to do.

Now that I got that out, the more I learn about volume 16 the more interested I am in reading it, since it seems that it's going to contain a lot of interesting developments.

n0m@n
2013-10-20, 01:05

Yup. That's what Rizevim is planning to do. Actually, he revealed that he has some leads to it already. So the resurrection of the 666 may happen. Thats probably the reason why the main casts to power up in the future. Especially the Longinus possessors who need to attain power where they can fight on par with Gods since Gods are incredibly weaker than 666, Ophis(Previously), and Great Red.

Has everyone forgotten that the author has also the Shiva arc in reserve, that would be executed if DxD keeps being quite popular for a long time ?

That's the reason why I doubt that 666 or Rizevim are going to be the final antagonists of this story. In my opinion the final antagonist or rather final boss that Ise is going to face will probably be Shiva, and since the author did say that the people from the Hindu mythology have cheat like abilities, I think that he's going to be an even more serious threat compared to the thing that Rizevim is trying to do.

Now that I got that out, the more I learn about volume 16 the more interested I am in reading it, since it seems that it's going to contain a lot of interesting developments.

If that happens, I want a fight and ending like Yuusuke vs Yomi from Yu Yu Hakusho.
Certainly one of the greatest animated fights.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFCwmWv3tjU

Kioras
2013-10-20, 01:10
Yup. That's what Rizevim is planning to do. Actually, he revealed that he has some leads to it already. So the resurrection of the 666 may happen. Thats probably the reason why the main casts to power up in the future. Especially the Longinus possessors who need to attain power where they can fight on par with Gods since Gods are incredibly weaker than 666, Ophis(Previously), and Great Red.

I fully expect him to try and release 666, however what I meant is that in releasing the seals could the power of them return to heaven and possibly lead to the resurrection of the Christian God.

Somethindarker
2013-10-20, 01:11
ARGH everyone shut up!!!!! You guys are just making me MORE excited about the volume! >.< j/k

Phoenix221186
2013-10-20, 01:13
we got the power .. we got the tecnology .. we can rebuild him .. faster .. stronger ... xD lol :P

Somethindarker
2013-10-20, 01:16
Oh the things Azazel will "augment" the new god with, I shudder to think.

Phoenix221186
2013-10-20, 01:20
he will change him from god to goddes just to mess with isse xD

Velial
2013-10-20, 02:41

Thanks. This is really interesting, and it is quite clear of how i imagin the 3d character should be.

So even a Super Devils have it's Power Balance if Super Devil and descendant of Maou he is alot stronger then Highclass devils. I guess it is really are clear.

So the Team DXD will formed in the final chapters of Vol 16? I mean after when Rizevim totaly said them his plans... only what kind of stupid acts are have the villian to come up and said their plan clearly and not even think that someone might stop them.Bad habit is suspect.

So in anycase seem's interesting/

b10nutz
2013-10-20, 04:06
isse turning the bad guy and like that other anime ..joining a god of creation and building a world in a different plain of reality ...

Why did you have to mention Shakugan no Shana?:upset::upset::upset:

Thanks.

It is great that the antagonist is not like the previous descendants of Maou.

So in away it could be say that the contact between Issei and Chichigami is reason why he become active.:uhoh:

It also make me wonder just how important is the Great Red for the stability of the Dimensional Gap and just how strong he is and Ophis was, not to mention about Issei's potential(although I think the author mention something about Millicas being the one with the most potential in the series).

n0m@n
2013-10-20, 04:47
Oh, by the way, if Crimson Queen is based on "Freedom", I guess "Cardinal Queen + Hakuryuukou ability" would be:

Strike Freedom, I guess.
Except the little white dragons reflects attacks and acts as shield since it divided opponents attacks. I doubt thats the only thing it could do though.

And he still has Ryuuteimaru(Familiar, the ship), dragonification, and changing his Boosted Gear to sub-species. He can become stronger, but the Rizevim simply nullifies Sacred Gear abilities.... Man, he's one guy Ise will never can beat. Though it seems like the author wants to have Vali focus on Rizevim while Ise would focus on Euclid(The fake Sekiryuutei) and Crom Cruach. Or Gasper Balor would have to take on Crom Cruach. But like said before, Vali's Juggernaut Over-drive also wont work on Rizevim, even if it has an attack power of infinity. Or maybe we can see the Battle of Lucifer between Sirzechs and Rizevim since Sirzechs's group is like a "counter team against Rizevim".

My books are coming in 3 to 5 days, but I couldnt help but to buy the electronic version as well lol. Well, Im a old-fashioned guy, so I prefer hardcopies.

bludvein
2013-10-20, 05:50
I guess it depends on the mechanics of Rizevim's immunity to SGs. Does it work on indirect effects?

Say Ise boosts a dragon shot and fires it at him, since that isn't technically a SG power would he still be immune? Same applies for Vali, as long as he doesn't directly attack him with it his SG might still be useful.

n0m@n
2013-10-20, 06:04
I guess it depends on the mechanics of Rizevim's immunity to SGs. Does it work on indirect effects?

Say Ise boosts a dragon shot and fires it at him, since that isn't technically a SG power would he still be immune? Same applies for Vali, as long as he doesn't directly attack him with it his SG might still be useful.

Nope. It still doesnt work. Ise in Crimson Queen shot a blast. Yami-Gasper used his crazy attack. Vali also shot him. Kiba also used his demonic-power. None of them worked. They simply vanished. So Rizevim doesnt need to do anything or even unleash his power. It automatically vanishes them.

kusabireika
2013-10-20, 06:06
Nope. It still doesnt work. Ise in Crimson Queen shot a blast. Yami-Gasper used his crazy attack. Vali also shot him. Kiba also used his demonic-power. None of them worked. They simply vanished. So Rizevim doesnt need to do anything or even unleash his power. It automatically vanishes them.

how about his boosted dragon flame? :meh:

quick question i hope its ok to ask what does gasper look when he change to yami gasper same as vol 12 and 14?

Chris38
2013-10-20, 06:45
how about his boosted dragon flame? :meh:

Personally, judging from what I seen in the spoilers about Rizevim's ability, as long as the process to create the skill you want to use on Rizevim, requires the use of a Sacred Gear, it will prove to be ineffective against him.

So, in order to actually harm Rizevim, Ise and the other Sacred Gear possessor's would need to design abilities that don't have any relation with their Sacred Gear abilities.

Unless, of course ... this ability works on any ability that a Sacred Gear possessor can develop, simply due to the fact that there is a Sacred Gear present in their body, but personally, I hope that won't be the case.

kusabireika
2013-10-20, 06:53
Personally, judging from what I seen in the spoilers about Rizevim's ability, as long as the process to create this skill requires the use of a Sacred Gear it will prove to be ineffective against him.

So, in order to actually harm Rizevim, Ise and the other Sacred Gear possessor's would need to design abilities that don't have any relation with their Sacred Gear abilities.

Unless, of course ... this ability works on any ability that a Sacred Gear possessor can develop, simply due to the fact that there is a Sacred Gear present in their body, but personally, I hope that won't be the case.

well the only longinus/normal sg user who can fight Rizevim are issei "dragonic ability (from great red and original ophis)", Vali "Demonic Heritage", Kiba's "Gram and other demonic sword non sg", and Sairog "Touki" this only ppl who can fight Rizevim if i think about it

saji cant fight him coz first he negate sg if i remember so vttra promotion will be useless against him unless he develop a new skill like issei or vali outside of his sg because he isnt lucky to a pure dragon body or demonic heritage T_T poor saji

the other non sg user who can fight Rizevim are gremory team, vali team and sairog team i think?

i wonder what is yami gasper look like

just wondering if this will be the appearance of agares team coz im really curious about her

wondering also what will be the powerup of other members of dxd on future volume

need to wait patiently for that :hyper-^v^:

thx n0m@n for the spoilers :kisskiss:

Jedsada
2013-10-20, 06:55
Sound like Issei must relay only his own body and magical power if he will fight Rizevim.

of course, this is impossible for Issei's old body (Former human reincarnated into devil) which have little magical power. but his current body are created from flesh and blood of Great Red and power of Ophis. It may be possible now (with a ton of hellish training).

peinmaximus@
2013-10-20, 06:56
guys,I think that ise still have more potential than gasper already that gasper have a piece of a god in his sacred gear,but ise have the power of the two strongest dragons,two of the three strongest beings in the world(ophis, great red and 666).I think that is ise that will defeat 666.He is the only that have a chance(besides ophis(original power) and great red)thanks at his new body's powers.
obs:I think that the author make ise's new body for this reason,for fight with the final boss that had to be powerful how great red.Is normal for a son overcome his father(great red).

Velial
2013-10-20, 07:07
Simply it is Sacred Gear Ability Cancellation maybe Rizevim surrounded by a nullification zone; those with Sacred Gears have them canceled out as long as they stay within the user’s proximity, if Rizenim not to need to show his power.
It's only a thought. as it make me wonder if Super Devils are them selves chose the technique of their abilities, like Ajuka manipulate Phenomenon with his formulas.
But maybe Rizevim have expirience to fight with Sacred Gear users that make him to develop such category of ability that are direct towards Sacred Gear users.

Chris38
2013-10-20, 07:14
guys,I think that ise still have more potential than gasper already that gasper have a piece of a god in his sacred gear,but ise have the power of the two strongest dragons,two of the three strongest beings in the world(ophis, great red and 666).I think that is ise that will defeat 666.He is the only that have a chance(besides ophis(original power) and great red)thanks at his new body's powers.

And I think that you are hyping up Ise's powers a little too much. Sure he does have Ophis power contained in his body, but he received that power, after she was already weakened, due to her powers being stolen by Samael's curse and in the case of Great Red, he probably only received a fraction of his actual flesh, meaning that the amount of power that he gained from him is also a fraction of Great Red's power.

It definitely made Ise stronger compared to the time when he was a normal human that was reincarnated into a Devil, but unlike you I doubt that Ise has any chances to reach Great Red's power level, anytime soon ... sure after a few thousand years he might reach that level of power, if Ise actually puts his entire time to become stronger, (which I doubt, since he is more interested in peace rather then becoming more powerful) but it probably won't occur during the course of the novel story that the author is going to portray.

Simply put, Great Red's power is, to me, something similar to a broken character level, and I'm kind of put off, that the author actually created a being that can be considered at a similar level (even, if it makes sense in the context of the story).

Sure, Ise will most likely participate in the fight against 666, assuming that it is even going to be unsealed, but it won't be a one on one fight, and it definitely won't be a work in the park for Ise to defeat it.

Regretsama
2013-10-20, 07:15
Wait Ise has a bit of 666 in him? I feel a bit confused about that. I know he was the power of Great and Ophis..but 666....

peinmaximus@
2013-10-20, 07:24
no regretsama, I wanted say that ise have the power of great red and ophis that are two of the three strongest beings and the three beings are ophis,great red and 666.But you give me a crazy theory:maybe some party of the power of 666 is sealed in ise.

Regretsama
2013-10-20, 07:36
no regretsama, I wanted say that ise have the power of great red and ophis that are two of the three strongest beings and the three beings are ophis,great red and 666.But you give me a crazy theory:maybe some party of the power of 666 is sealed in ise.

Oh I see...

Maybe *shrugs* I dont mind if there will be big twists in this arc. Oh men.. This volume is soooo interesting and etc..so more action then?

X102reddragon
2013-10-20, 08:12
Well I was kind of expecting the Author to reveal ether a weakness that Great Red could possibly have or a being that could challenge him. Even though Great Red is the most powerful being in the DxD world hr didn't really have a big role. Now that's his role has been increased it would make sense that there would be a way to challenge him. But I wonder how powerful the God most have really been if he was able to seal away a being that rivaled Great Red. I still think Ise has room to grow when it comes to his boasted gear. He hasn't fully mastered his True Queen form yet so there's that. However he'll need something more if he wants to beat this new super devil. Makes me wonder who's more powerful between SirZechs and Rizevim now. It's sounding like Rizevim more be even more powerful then SirZechs in his true form.

Ultragunner
2013-10-20, 08:37
Well, from my point of view, The God from the Bible himself isn't anywhere near as powerful as Great Red or Ophis or 666, at most he would only be considered as top-tier god, on par with Shiva, Vishnu.....
HOWEVER, he is unique and special in the way that he can create things that can surpass himself in certain areas such as the curse of Samael which is deadly to dragons, but only affect dragons; thus, the seals on 666 (IMO) can only work for that beast.

X102reddragon
2013-10-20, 08:48
^ This is true. He's a god of creation so it would make sense he could make things which essentially are powerful then he is. The scared gears are proof of this fact.

Vezon
2013-10-20, 08:49
The introduction of the 666 beast does not seem that random. At least it explains how the God of the bible died.

Ultragunner
2013-10-20, 08:57
again, just calm down, he will eventually disclose them all :heh:
For Tiamat, as far as I have seen, no word of her yet

rickiminato
2013-10-20, 09:47
o.o so chichigami sama maybe is the goddness of the oppais *.*

GrrDraxin
2013-10-20, 10:18
Would be interesting if Chichigami is actually female. Sounds like a good candidate, but could just be a pervy old guy. But I'm more interested in Elmhilde's part in this volume was, and if she escaped Gasper's pureblood vampire extermination spree, and/or her opinion on it. Also and to which vampire faction suffered the highest casualties.

Awrya
2013-10-20, 10:26
o.o so chichigami sama maybe is the goddness of the oppais *.*

Vol.7:
What is this!? What is this exactly!?
ďMore than that! Who are you!Ē
[I am the seirei which serves Chichigami-sama. ĖThe God who rules all oppai. Your obstinate craving towards oppai has summoned me.]
Impossible! So my bilingual connected to a different channel!?
So yes, Chichigami rules over oppais.

rvlast
2013-10-20, 10:57
Just read the spoilers.

DAMN.

If this keeps up and Ishibumi decides to pull off Arc 4 (Destruction God Shiva), the power scale would shoot through the roof!

I want Cthulhu next Ishibumi! DO IT!

peinmaximus@
2013-10-20, 11:06
rvlast,the author said in the afterword of vol 13 that the gods of the chthulhu myths not will be include in the LN.
but remember,in the next vol the main girl will be ross,then maybe the norse gods appears.

rvlast
2013-10-20, 11:19
rvlast,the author said in the afterword of vol 13 that the gods of the chthulhu myths not will be include in the LN.

Read it twice and I didn't see anything about him mentioning that he wasn't including the Cthulhu mythos.

Do you have the exact quote of the afterword itself? If you could please post it here I'd appreciate it (or just PM me or whatever).

Yye1
2013-10-20, 11:31
So, essentially Rizevim has Accelerator's reflection ability? Well, at least Ise has a strong right hand

rvlast
2013-10-20, 11:35
So, essentially Rizevim has Accelerator's reflection ability? Well, at least Ise has a strong right hand

A strong right hand probably won't be enough if Rizevim can you know, just dodge? Or better yet, block it.

Unless he's one of those villains who has overwhelming powers but dies in a few hits. We don't need another Cao Cao...

peinmaximus@
2013-10-20, 11:38
sorry rvlast,the information about the chthulhu is in the the link down.
The information is in the second commentary that code-zero(n0m@n)did in the page of the link.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=5465
obs:all information that n0m@n gives to us are true.

Phoenix221186
2013-10-20, 14:02
im i the only one who is starting to think that the seals on 666 maybe the sacred gears themselves? think about it there are a lot of them and they were created by god ..

peinmaximus@
2013-10-20, 14:11
guys, you think that 666 will be the final boss of dxd and that ise will defeat him?

Somethindarker
2013-10-20, 14:21
guys, you think that 666 will be the final boss of dxd and that ise will defeat him?

No, why would the series be called "DxD", then make a team called DxD and have Ise solo something like that?

Also just reread the spoiler, did Gasper seriously solo both vampire factions? Holy**** that's gnarly.
please tell me Elmhenhied died lol.

peinmaximus@
2013-10-20, 16:10
wild lion,I hope that thor appears in vol 17(the vol of ross).I think that thor together with ophis will train ise for him surpass the god level.thor will teach ise how control his crimson queen and his new divine divide powers and ophis will teach ise how control his new body's powers.what you think?
obs:sorry guys for repeat my questions,is that I'm anxious about the vol 16.But now I will be more patient.

kusabireika
2013-10-20, 17:45
n0m@n,how is the interaction between ise and the new girls(lilith,valerie and ermenhilde)?
Lilith is stong how the original ophis?and what happen in the scene in that lilith raises a flag with Ise?
tiamat appears or is mentioned in this vol?

obs:guys,I hope that thor appears in vol 17(the vol of ross).I think that thor together with ophis will train ise for him surpass the god level.thor will teach ise how control his crimson queen and his new divine divide powers and ophis will teach ise how control his new body's powers.

^ i think its best if we wait patiently for that rather than asking n0m@n too many question :heh:

i hope vol 17 is ross volume ophis probably thor i think its depends :twitch:

endarion88
2013-10-20, 17:53
truth to be told i'm missing a bit the "commedy" and the "romance" ...i'm getting the feeling this is becoming the usual random evil appear and mc defeat him whit random power up kind of story, i hope not

X102reddragon
2013-10-20, 18:31
^ oh I don't think we need to worry about that. This is DxD after all. It wouldn't be the same without the romance and comedy. But we've been over due for a big epic fight volume for awhile now. Nom@n did say there was only on echi scene in there. Not to sure about the romance part though. Wondering if Ise and Rias had a little moment to themselves after they meet up with each other in the vampire homeland. I always love to see the interaction between those two.

peinmaximus@
2013-10-20, 18:37
n0m@n,ise and vali injured(at least a minor damage) crom cruach in the battle?

n0m@n
2013-10-20, 18:38
Well regarding the Gaqsper mascaraing vampires.
You know there were two factions right? The Tepes faction and Carmilla faction.
There was a coup'detat in the Tepes faction. It was started by Valerie's brother and several VIP Vampires that decided to follow him. Those guys were the ones who Gasper massacred.
Then the mass produced Evil Vampires that were former Vampires started to attack their towns. Elmenhilde survived though.....

n0m@n,ise and vali get hurt crom cruach in the battle?
and what happen in the scene in that lilith raises a flag with Ise?she is strong how the original one?
Just go back several pages. I already explained the battle between Ise and Vali vs Crom Cruach.

Tbolt
2013-10-20, 18:38
truth to be told i'm missing a bit the "commedy" and the "romance" ...i'm getting the feeling this is becoming the usual random evil appear and mc defeat him whit random power up kind of story, i hope not

I too think that the author will have to get back to the Ise, Rias and the girls story at some point. Because I think that DxD readers would start dropping off if it just turns into a battle freak novel and leaves out what drew a lot of readers to the story in the first place.

momoya
2013-10-20, 18:51
did Elmenhilde a little less arrogant after the event?

peinmaximus@
2013-10-20, 19:55
n0m@n,how is the interaction between ise and the new girls(lilith,valerie and ermenhilde)?
and what happen in the scene in that lilith raises a flag with Ise?she is strong how the original one?

breno.m.fis
2013-10-20, 19:57
Lol, I was reading one of the posts nom@n, and in fact the CCQ is now truly an art inspired by the Strike Freedom, even has DRAGON bit. kkk

WILD_LION
2013-10-20, 20:04
wild lion,I hope that thor appears in vol 17(the vol of ross).I think that thor together with ophis will train ise for him surpass the god level.thor will teach ise how control his crimson queen and his new divine divide powers and ophis will teach ise how control his new body's powers.what you think?
obs:sorry guys for repeat my questions,is that I'm anxious about the vol 16.But now I will be more patient.

Hi, @peinmaximus, how are you?, well about your ask,.........mmm....is so much difficult to speculate, because the ono who is related with Odin is Vali, not Issei, and the author told us that the one who will improve her relationship with issei will be Rossweisse, AND, he also told us that Sun Wukong will train issei,,,,so,,,,,IS SO MUCH DIFFICULT TO SPECULATE HOW WILL TRAIN ISSEI.:confused:

By the way, i have an ask, Why indra is helping to protect Great Red?

I said it because Sun Wukong is the servant of Indra, and indra hate issei and Great Red. Indra hate everything abnormal.
Is the same case with CaoCao.

With this i just can see a future with traitors in the DxD team, maybe Indra also desire kill Great Red and 666 letting them fight each other and kill the grandfather of Vali in the process.

And about Great Red and 666 battle, i imaginated a Super gigantic BB Again.

What do you think?

Gary29
2013-10-20, 20:24
^Looking forward to the Rossweisse volume, Rossweisse improving her relationship with Issei will be fun to read about. Certainly looking forward to it.

After reading all those spoilers... wow. Volume 16 certainly looks to be the best of all the volumes yet, although it's too bad they were only able to have one ecchi scene in it. Hopefully that'll pick up with the Rossweisse volume / V17 if they're not the same thing.

Can't wait for the translation, but in the meantime these spoilers are awesome. I hope there will be an IsexRias moment in the vampire factions' area before all the intense battles begin. They're such a cute couple.

Ise is going to need to do some serious training with his new body to develop new powers outside of his Sacred Gear to stand a chance against both Euclid or Rizevim. Maybe he'll become fluent in magic with Le Fay and Rossweisse's help, and unlock the power from Ophis and Great Red, because even though it isn't a lot of their power, it's enough to give Issei a deadly new weapon.

ReaperxKingx
2013-10-20, 20:47
^Looking forward to the Rossweisse volume, Rossweisse improving her relationship with Issei will be fun to read about. Certainly looking forward to it.

After reading all those spoilers... wow. Volume 16 certainly looks to be the best of all the volumes yet, although it's too bad they were only able to have one ecchi scene in it. Hopefully that'll pick up with the Rossweisse volume / V17 if they're not the same thing.

Can't wait for the translation, but in the meantime these spoilers are awesome. I hope there will be an IsexRias moment in the vampire factions' area before all the intense battles begin. They're such a cute couple.

Ise is going to need to do some serious training with his new body to develop new powers outside of his Sacred Gear to stand a chance against both Euclid or Rizevim. Maybe he'll become fluent in magic with Le Fay and Rossweisse's help, and unlock the power from Ophis and Great Red, because even though it isn't a lot of their power, it's enough to give Issei a deadly new weapon.

Well, volume 16 set a reason for Norse Mythology to come in for upcoming volumes. Odin adopted Vali, Vali is a terrorist in many mythologies. This could go in two ways at least. First is someone or many from the Norse Hierarchy oppose the adopting or other Mythologies who have vendettas against both Vali and Norse will be given a reason to attack. Rossweisse home may be in danger.

Also, it feels like a Chinese New Year of questions and speculations come popping out. I know we are excited, but if we waited for more than a year for an actual volume, then a couple of weeks shouldn't be a problem shouldn't it?

WILD_LION
2013-10-20, 20:52
Hey n0m@n, i have a doubt, maybe there is not an answer yet, but i desire to ask, All the DxD Team will move to issei house?

And how are the afterwards of vol 16?

Swordstriker21
2013-10-20, 22:28
Been a long long time since I posted in this forum but I must say the hype for vol. 16 really reminds me of the time before the release of vol. 12. Thanks for the spoilers nom and I must say this volume is shaping up to be intense. I kinda get reminded of those anime viewers complaining about lots of ecchi but no plot. Well folks we only get one ecchi scene in this volume. Funny how they get what they wish for in novel form. And now I await w/ bated breath the translations. Cheers for DxD!

Somethindarker
2013-10-20, 23:04
There was a coup'detat in the Tepes faction. It was started by Valerie's brother and several VIP Vampires that decided to follow him. Those guys were the ones who Gasper massacred.
Then the mass produced Evil Vampires that were former Vampires started to attack their towns. Elmenhilde survived though.....

Oh ok I must have misread the spoiler, sorry, that's still pretty beast for Gasper to solo the entire enemy faction leadership like that.

I too think that the author will have to get back to the Ise, Rias and the girls story at some point. Because I think that DxD readers would start dropping off if it just turns into a battle freak novel and leaves out what drew a lot of readers to the story in the first place.

This is the pattern of the author we got a lead up to a new arc with echi, romance and random slice of life moments. The the sh*t hits the fan and an entire volume is dedicated to the new enemies showing their power. Re-read the Loki arc and the CaoCao arc, you'll see the pattern there. Ishibumi even pokes fun of himself in his afterwords about it.

By the way, i have an ask, Why indra is helping to protect Great Red?

I said it because Sun Wukong is the servant of Indra, and indra hate issei and Great Red. Indra hate everything abnormal.
Is the same case with CaoCao.

With this i just can see a future with traitors in the DxD team, maybe Indra also desire kill Great Red and 666 letting them fight each other and kill the grandfather of Vali in the process.

And about Great Red and 666 battle, i imaginated a Super gigantic BB Again.

What do you think?

Killing Great Red without replacing him will mess up the entire DxD universe, so I'm guessing that's the reason why Indra doesn't want to GR to be messed with. Also Sun Wukong isn't a "servant" more like a colleague.

The word is "question" by the way not "ask". :D

Been a long long time since I posted in this forum but I must say the hype for vol. 16 really reminds me of the time before the release of vol. 12. Thanks for the spoilers nom and I must say this volume is shaping up to be intense. I kinda get reminded of those anime viewers complaining about lots of ecchi but no plot. Well folks we only get one ecchi scene in this volume. Funny how they get what they wish for in novel form. And now I await w/ bated breath the translations. Cheers for DxD!

Welcome back Striker! Happy to have ya.

Yea I'm one of those complainers who doesn't like the "forced echi" but even I enjoy it most of the time. Also just thank god that Ishibumi isn't editing his own work. If that happens Ise would probably have 3-4 kids on the way by now.;)

kusabireika
2013-10-20, 23:13

Just go back several pages. I already explained the battle between Ise and Vali vs Crom Cruach.

yay thx for gasper spoiler :hyper-^v^:

Templar23
2013-10-20, 23:40
Was there any mention of the holy cross like in the preview.

Ruki0089
2013-10-20, 23:47
It just me or ecchi scene was really gone from this series?
Nooooooo, if that happen this is not dxd anymore

fazri
2013-10-21, 00:22
eventhough in volume 16 there no new girl that fall for ise i hope rossweisse will fall to ise on vol 17.
i also hope there no SS volume soon,if there that will be suck when thing get heated.
it just like we on fire and get dumped with cold water.
i also hope not only ross that fallen for ise i also hope for ley-fay and sona will fall for ise soon.
amen.
ore no otouto yo ruki.
just be patience because vol 16 intended for kick of after 2 vol of SS.
i think.

Chris38
2013-10-21, 00:29
It just me or ecchi scene was really gone from this series?
Nooooooo, if that happen this is not dxd anymore

I wouldn't say that it's gone, but reduced due to volume 16 being more serious then usual.

It's kind of similar to volume 12, which also had a small number of ecchi scenes.

Part of the reason why we have a smaller number of ecchi scenes, might also be caused by the fact that the author hasn't got any idea's for some echhi scenes that he hadn't done in the previous volumes.

Although, I think that the introduction of Koneko's "Shirone mode" and maybe having Rossweisse become interested in Ise ... might open up, a few new ecchi moments, in the future volumes.

Somethindarker
2013-10-21, 00:36
It's the authors pattern, which he mentions in his afterwords and pokes fun of, there is always 1 volume in every arc where the echi is down to a minimum to build up the climax. Next volume is a plot expanding volume which is guaranteed to have more echi. Just be patient perverts. The echi will come.

DrakeKnight
2013-10-21, 00:42
Anyone else think that Ise going to have another self esteem crisis after this volume
I mean Ise always had self esteem problems but was getting better than suddenly new boss show up and show how powerlees Ise is without is SG. I think may break down especially if he dont improve quickly

Also maybe Ise could another ecchi healing scene with Rias this time

Somethindarker
2013-10-21, 00:47
Anyone else think that Ise going to have another self esteem crisis after this volume
I mean Ise always had self esteem problems but was getting better than suddenly new boss show up and show how powerlees Ise is without is SG. I think may break down especially if he dont improve quickly

Also maybe Ise could another ecchi healing scene with Rias this time

From the spoilers it looks like he might feel a bit down because of the SG nullifying effect but I think he's mostly just determined to train and strengthen himself. He knows with a stronger body he'll naturally get stronger with his SG. As long as the plot is good I could care less about the echi to be honest as long as it serves to develop the relationships.

II Maestro
2013-10-21, 00:48
Wow thank you for the spoilers n0m@n.

Great-Red acting as a barrier between Chichigamis-sama's world. No wonder Great-Red like the zoom zoom iyaan~! so Great-Red know the goddess who rules over oppai.

Swordstriker21
2013-10-21, 01:08
Wow thank you for the spoilers n0m@n.

Great-Red acting as a barrier between Chichigamis-sama's world. No wonder Great-Red like the zoom zoom iyaan~! so Great-Red know the goddess who rules over oppai.

It would be quite funny if they really knew each other and are actually great friends. I can just picture Ddraig and Albions reactions if say GR reveals that he was always a fan of oppai and shiri and perverted dragons like Fafnir are actually model dragons lol:D Anyway this volume brings up the Chichigami again. I wonder how he/she ranks in power compared to the other gods? I must say I'm happy w/ the way Issei is developing right now power wise. I personally would like more tech moves instead of straightforward firepower but that's just me. I also want him thinking outside the box and applying strategy more often. It would be cool to see him develop his battle smarts.

Mephis
2013-10-21, 01:11
Argh~~ I wish Volume 16 was translated fast!!! Can't wait to read it DX

@GEMC
2013-10-21, 04:01
How did ise raises a flag to lilith?

Diocar
2013-10-21, 05:05
I have read the previous posts and there is a thing i don t understand
Why is there so much talk about ise not being able to gain more power with is sacred gear if his queen doesn t have a lot of the powers of the time he went joggernaut drive, like the thing that stoped the devil dude or the super mega Lasers in the chest?
Or does that mean that whith the last training he had his queen is finally stable, but wont be as strong as joggernaut?

Brutiis
2013-10-21, 05:22
^
the super mega laser in the chest - longinus smasher is forbidden techniques, that is what Ddraig tells ise when he fights the huge monsters in volume 12. So he probably wont be allowed to learn that technique. but then again i could be wrong.

A question i have is since sun wukong is going to be training everyone is it possible for ise and vali to master senjutsu also sairorg who has a touki covering his body could it be possible for him to learn it? a higher probability than the others?

momoya
2013-10-21, 05:24
i think he himself is a weaknis to bosted gear so if he become stronger whithout bosted gear like Euclid Lucifuge who is maou lvl then he can become stronger

Chris38
2013-10-21, 05:25
I have read the previous posts and there is a thing i don t understand
Why is there so much talk about ise not being able to gain more power with is sacred gear if his queen doesn t have a lot of the powers of the time he went joggernaut drive, like the thing that stoped the devil dude or the super mega Lasers in the chest?
Or does that mean that whith the last training he had his queen is finally stable, but wont be as strong as joggernaut?

If you have been reading the spoilers, then you should have learned that the ability to stop time, was something that Ise gained from his contact with Balor, that seems to reside within Gasper's Sacred Gear and the ability called Longinus Smasher that he demonstrated in Juggernaut Drive is something that he shouldn't have - which suggests that it isn't a part of Ddraig's original abilities.

That being said, Ise's CCQ has the potential of reaching the level of Juggernaut Drive, since it does contain the potential that Ddraig had, before he was sealed into a Sacred Gear, but it probably won't have the ability to use the stopping move or Longinus Smasher, since they aren't a part of Ddraig's original powers.

Finally, while Ise probably hasn't made his Crimson Cardinal Promotion mode, stable.... at the moment there is no point to further develop it, since it's a part of his Sacred Gear abilities, and any attack executed from it, would be nullified by Rizevim.

n0m@n
2013-10-21, 08:11
Oh, forgot to mention.
Rizevim also appears in the actual Bible. His other name is "Lilin".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilin (English wiki)
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%AA%E3%83%AA%E3%83%B3 (Japanese wiki)

On the Japanese wiki page for Lilin, it says that he's indeed a child of Satan and Lilith. But it doesnt mention that in the English page.

Kutra
2013-10-21, 09:42
Read better

Lilith and her daughter Lilim are both considered to be night spirits.

Lilin are night spirits, Lilim is Lilith and Lucifer's daughter.

Diocar
2013-10-21, 10:04
If you have been reading the spoilers, then you should have learned that the ability to stop time, was something that Ise gained from his contact with Balor, that seems to reside within Gasper's Sacred Gear and the ability called Longinus Smasher that he demonstrated in Juggernaut Drive is something that he shouldn't have - which suggests that it isn't a part of Ddraig's original abilities.

That being said, Ise's CCQ has the potential of reaching the level of Juggernaut Drive, since it does contain the potential that Ddraig had, before he was sealed into a Sacred Gear, but it probably won't have the ability to use the stopping move or Longinus Smasher, since they aren't a part of Ddraig's original powers.

Finally, while Ise probably hasn't made his Crimson Cardinal Promotion mode, stable.... at the moment there is no point to further develop it, since it's a part of his Sacred Gear abilities, and any attack executed from it, would be nullified by Rizevim.

I thought the longinus smasher was ise's juggernaut technique that rivaled vali's compremsion divider. I mean draig said it was ilegal, but i thought it was because he should only be able to use it in juggernaut mode. If it didn t came from draig, where the hell did the longinus smasher come from?
Beh...