PDA

View Full Version : High School DxD Light Novel - Character Speculation/Theories: Other Characters

Pages : [1] 2

relentlessflame
2014-04-02, 18:32
The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all speculation, theories, and general discussion related to Other Characters (those not in either the Gremory, Phoenix, or Bael Clans).

Thread Guidelines
No campaigning!
No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourites.

Be polite to your fellow forum members.
Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for characters you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

Discuss, don't chat.
Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?faq=animesuki_faq#faq_as_irc) or Social Groups (http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php).

Have fun, but post intelligently.
It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

As this is a source material thread, it is expected that you should be reasonably caught up to the latest source material when participating. However, if spoiling major plot points that others may not yet have read, please be considerate and use properly-labelled spoiler tags that indicate to the reader whether it's safe to open the tag. Spoiler tags with no label are not allowed!

Tbolt
2014-04-04, 08:06
Ise's mom and dad.

Is there anyone besides me that think they know all about what's going on. The reason I think he know are.

1. They had the meeting with Rias's father at the school visit. (I think he filled them in on all that's going on.)

2. They allow ALL the girls into the home without even batting an eye, even Ise's dad is even envious of his son. (would your parents be that way)

3. They just happily accept that there home turned into a huge new home filled with all new furniture and appliances and don't even bat an eye that there neighbors just moved. ALL OVER NIGHT.

4. There going on trips on the spur of the moment.

5. They just accept all the comings and goings of all sorts of strange people at all times of the day and night, and have no concerns with everyone being gone for days at a time.

And my final theory is Rias's father with there permission turned them into Devils with evil pieces but hid there devil aura so no one would know.

G147
2014-04-04, 08:20
I don't think so, if Issei's parents are Devils, then there is no need to hid that fact cause it's actually more dangerous for them to know but pretend not to know. Well if anything goes wrong, Rias can just temper with their memories, nothing hard about that.

aw454wtr
2014-04-04, 08:27
surely isse's parents will eventually know that their son and daughter in law's are all devils (and one angel), it will be pretty hard to hide the fact that a talking dragon (tannin) is among the guest list and the wedding venue being in a place where the sky is purple

jopjopjop
2014-04-04, 08:32
Well, they don't necessarily need to have only one wedding, do they? :)

They can have a normal one in the human world (the one Rias wants and dreams) and a grand one in the Underworld.

Tbolt
2014-04-04, 08:47
Well, they don't necessarily need to have only one wedding, do they? :)

They can have a normal one in the human world (the one Rias wants and dreams) and a grand one in the Underworld.

That's true but look at who is getting married, if there were two weddings your right the one in the underworld Has to be a huge grand wedding one that would be talked about for hundreds of years.

If it wasn't the Gremory would be looked down on by the rest of the high class devils.

And the comedy value of seeing Matsuda and Motohama at the wedding would be epic.

But nothing so far for me says Ise's parents don't know.

saw2097
2014-04-04, 08:54
I have also wondered if Ise's parents know more than they are saying, they always take the weirdness so well and calmly.

jopjopjop
2014-04-04, 08:56
Well, because their son is a "weird" one too. They even label their own son as the embodiment of lust :D I guess they're just a very open-minded couple.

Tbolt
2014-04-04, 09:08
The lines that sealed my opinion about Ise's parents knowing was.

However, what did my father and Buchou’s father discuss during the parent visit the other day? I’m really worried about it. They couldn't have agreed on a discussion of selling me completely to the underworld or something, could they!?

There was no way that could be, but even so I felt that the eyes that my parents looked at me with had changed just a little since the day of that parent’s visit.

jopjopjop
2014-04-04, 09:25
Or it might just be Lord Gremory telling them that Issei will be Rias' future husband but it must be kept a secret for the time being.

aw454wtr
2014-04-04, 10:16
That's true but look at who is getting married, if there were two weddings your right the one in the underworld Has to be a huge grand wedding one that would be talked about for hundreds of years.

If it wasn't the Gremory would be looked down on by the rest of the high class devils.

And the comedy value of seeing Matsuda and Motohama at the wedding would be epic.

But nothing so far for me says Ise's parents don't know.

there was the wedding scene in season 1 of the anime, though Ise was only dreaming of the wedding

sunsengnim
2014-04-04, 10:27
The lines that sealed my opinion about Ise's parents knowing was.

However, what did my father and Buchou’s father discuss during the parent visit the other day? I’m really worried about it. They couldn't have agreed on a discussion of selling me completely to the underworld or something, could they!?

There was no way that could be, but even so I felt that the eyes that my parents looked at me with had changed just a little since the day of that parent’s visit.

that line could mean anything.
like rias's father told them issei would marry rias or he'd like to buy him for his daughter there's so many different reasons why issei's parents would change the way they look at him.

1. They had the meeting with Rias's father at the school visit. (I think he filled them in on all that's going on.)
or they just had a normal parent to parent talk about issei's engagement to rias.

2. They allow ALL the girls into the home without even batting an eye, even Ise's dad is even envious of his son. (would your parents be that way)
same as rias used to get herself and asia to stay at issei's they got brainwashed into thinking this was all okay

3. They just happily accept that there home turned into a huge new home filled with all new furniture and appliances and don't even bat an eye that there neighbors just moved. ALL OVER NIGHT.
brainwash and who would be questioning free stuff?
it's just a present from their new friends the gremory family.

4. There going on trips on the spur of the moment.
free vacations when rias knows they're gonna be busy with important stuff.

5. They just accept all the comings and goings of all sorts of strange people at all times of the day and night, and have no concerns with everyone being gone for days at a time.
brainwashing once again or they're just visiting rias's parents or que in any other random excuse for them having to leave for a few days.

yes, there's no proof against them knowing what issei is now and what he's doing but there's also no proof to back it up it's all too vague.
there's just no hard evidence.

DocBernax2814
2014-04-09, 12:13
We all know that the dragons in the story can have a human form.

Ever wonder what kind of human form would have dragons like Great Red, Yu-Long and Midgardsormr?

Lopez805
2014-04-09, 18:04
They can? I don't recall seeing Tannins human form as well .

DocBernax2814
2014-04-09, 18:33
They can? I don't recall seeing Tannins human form as well .

Well, for starters, Ophis is a dragon in human form. CC is also a dragon in human form. And Tiamat might have a human form.

Tannin, so far, only has displayed a chibi form.

I'm not implying that all dragons have a human form. But, how they would look like if they had a human form. (specially Great Red)

teejmo
2014-04-09, 22:05
Well, for starters, Ophis is a dragon in human form. CC is also a dragon in human form. And Tiamat might have a human form.

Tannin, so far, only has displayed a chibi form.

I'm not implying that all dragons have a human form. But, how they would look like if they had a human form. (specially Great Red)

Well, I recall Ise thinking Great Red was like a biker delinquent kid... so basically, a kid with some odd, spiky hair with an "I-hate-the-world" kind of attitude and a perpetual frown?

aw454wtr
2014-04-10, 02:08
Great Red - leader in a biker gang wearing black leather jackets

Yu-Long - an 8 year old kid so he play around with no one nagging him to grow up

Midgardsormr - a 40 year old NEET

sunsengnim
2014-04-10, 16:03
Great Red - leader in a biker gang wearing black leather jackets

Yu-Long - an 8 year old kid so he play around with no one nagging him to grow up

Midgardsormr - a 40 year old NEET

and Tiamat a milf yandere for Ddraig?

DocBernax2814
2014-04-13, 15:08
What's the name of the vampire girl that visit the gang in volume 14?
I think she is going to be part of the gang soon enough.

jopjopjop
2014-04-13, 15:26
Elmenhilde Galnstein (highschooldxd.wikia.com/wiki/Elmenhilde_Galnstein)

Don't think so. Her pride won't permit her.

sunsengnim
2014-04-13, 15:40
i don't remember elmenhilde showing that much interest in issei so i doubt shes gonna join the harem.
she wasn't that great of a character anyway kunou has more chance of joining the harem and her chances are already meh and even then she'll just be a "local wife" if she does join.

teejmo
2014-04-13, 19:11
Elmenhilde Galnstein (highschooldxd.wikia.com/wiki/Elmenhilde_Galnstein)

Don't think so. Her pride won't permit her.

Well, let's face it, that pride was absolutely shattered in Volume 16. I believe Ise said that she had seemingly "lost all hope".
But that last scene of hers was too depressing. Ishibumi's probably going to bring her back, symbolic of how the Vampire faction rises from the disaster they have suffered through. And don't forget, Ise has already turned a super-prideful girl into one of his future wives - Ravel.
Though, to be honest, I don't really care if she joins the harem or not.

jopjopjop
2014-04-13, 20:14
Ravel wasn't that bad in the first place. She didn't do anything that makes her look like Elmen. Her pride that she has shown in the first place is justifiable since she's a high-class devil.

Elmen's pride is the "bad" kind of pride.

teejmo
2014-04-13, 20:39
Well, I'm not entirely sure how you define "bad" pride, but considering Elmen's family is pretty high-ranking in the Camilla-faction, her pride as a vampire is also quite justifiable. She also was disgusted with those vampires who wished to remove those weaknesses with the Holy Grail.
Even when she was extremely rude to Ise and company, in her eyes, they were simply servants of Rias and had no right to talk to her, which is understandable.
And like I said, her pride is basically broken, especially when she learned that vampires within her own faction succumbed to the temptation of the Holy Grail. That's a definite sign for a complete personality change.
Then again, she was really annoying, so whether she shows up again or not, I don't care. She probably will.

aw454wtr
2014-04-14, 00:15
Well, I'm not entirely sure how you define "bad" pride, but considering Elmen's family is pretty high-ranking in the Camilla-faction, her pride as a vampire is also quite justifiable. She also was disgusted with those vampires who wished to remove those weaknesses with the Holy Grail.
Even when she was extremely rude to Ise and company, in her eyes, they were simply servants of Rias and had no right to talk to her, which is understandable.
And like I said, her pride is basically broken, especially when she learned that vampires within her own faction succumbed to the temptation of the Holy Grail. That's a definite sign for a complete personality change.
Then again, she was really annoying, so whether she shows up again or not, I don't care. She probably will.

Her pride was that she saw vampires as above all other living beings not just to devil servants likely she even looked down on Rias as well for not being a vampire, guess that was the one good thing rizeviem did, breaking the vampires stupid pride

Between her character in DxD and the twilight movies, I really hate vampires

sky black swordman
2014-04-14, 04:22
Ravel wasn't that bad in the first place. She didn't do anything that makes her look like Elmen. Her pride that she has shown in the first place is justifiable since she's a high-class devil.

Elmen's pride is the "bad" kind of pride.Well, it was bad enough that Issei to call her a ***** once. That's true. Personally, I think that one of the reasons she was so prideful was due to the influence of her brother (Raiser) and being on his team. After being around him for so long she began believe that her brother was as invincible and unbeatable as he thought he was and her family's abilities were second to none.

Then again, she was really annoying, so whether she shows up again or not, I don't care. She probably will. In Issei's case he did have the right to speak to her. The fact that he is Sekiryuutei gave him the right. The problem was that he is also Rias's servant. As such it lower his right or took away his right to speak to her. That is how I interpreted what she said to Issei.

sunsengnim
2014-04-14, 08:36
i think we all agree elmenhilde is not worth the trouble to make her likable.
we already have a dozen adorable girls that need more screen time and we don't need characters like her to take up that time.
i'd rather he fleshen out kuroka/le fay or irina/rossweisse/xenovia they need it since they're part of the main cast and we practically know nothing about them.

DocBernax2814
2014-04-14, 18:19
i think we all agree elmenhilde is not worth the trouble to make her likable.
we already have a dozen adorable girls that need more screen time and we don't need characters like her to take up that time.
i'd rather he fleshen out kuroka/le fay or irina/rossweisse/xenovia they need it since they're part of the main cast and we practically know nothing about them.

Not to mention that we know close to sip about Sona's peerage.

Gary29
2014-04-14, 18:22
It's funny how Bennia and Rugal have more development than some of the long-time members of Sona's peerage. Well, that's probably because there's nothing to say about them.

jopjopjop
2014-04-14, 18:35
I don't even know why Sona reincarnated them. They don't have special skills and they don't have SGs.

Maybe pity? Idk. :|

teejmo
2014-04-14, 18:39
Well, one of them came from some demon-hunting family... Maybe they all have weird aspects like that?

sky black swordman
2014-04-14, 20:40
I don't even know why Sona reincarnated them. They don't have special skills and they don't have SGs.

Maybe pity? Idk. :|Maybe, they have what Sona needs to realize her dream.

jopjopjop
2014-04-14, 21:12
But what would they contribute to Sona? Right now, what they're doing can be done by anyone.

itisp
2014-04-15, 00:55

Maybe pity? Idk. :|
Sona was holding out for someone else as her second knight. As a brilliant tactician, why would she settle for the girl who just happened to come along begging to be taken in?

Well, I have long since convinced myself that Bennia is being introduced to us as a future member of Issei's harem/peerage and the ORC. Using Sona's peerage was just an easy way to write her into the story quickly.

What will Sona do if her preferred knight suddenly becomes available? Trade Bennia, Oppai-Dragon's #1 fan, for the new knight? I don't see her being written out that way.
Rather we know her sister has spare pieces (exactly which ones hasn't been revealed AFAIK), so much like how Ravel is "on-hold", so to would be Bennia, and as Serafall doesn't participate in ratings games, Bennia would then be free to work with the ORC.

Anyway, that is my speculation.

I don't know about Rugal. Perhaps he came about because Werewolves are cool.

jopjopjop
2014-04-15, 01:42
Idk if you misunderstood the topic, but we're not talking about Bennia but the other members of Sona's peerage (Rook, 2 Bishops, Knight, Pawn) who doesn't have any special characteristics/traits.

teejmo
2014-04-15, 01:54
Ah, I've got it! Sona will use them to show that even the weakest, most pointless devils can make it big in the Underworld! (This is both a knock on them, while also showing how much of a genius the student council president really is. Sorry Rias, you'll never match her in strategy.)

DocBernax2814
2014-04-15, 13:38
Ah, I've got it! Sona will use them to show that even the weakest, most pointless devils can make it big in the Underworld! (This is both a knock on them, while also showing how much of a genius the student council president really is. Sorry Rias, you'll never match her in strategy.)

Who needs strategy!! Power of destruction is the answer to everything.

jopjopjop
2014-04-15, 13:45
Issei would disagree. Oppai. Oppai is the answer to everything.

DocBernax2814
2014-04-15, 15:38
Issei would disagree. Oppai. Oppai is the answer to everything.

Damn Oppai Dragon!!!

Speaking of dragons, how come that there are more that 14 volumes and no female dragon has appeared.

G147
2014-04-15, 19:56
Lol. Well if you ask me, currently Sona's team seems to be the likely victor should they fight Rias' team again.

@DocBernax2814, there was one female Dragon. It appeared in the SS, Resurrection of Phoenix.

DocBernax2814
2014-04-15, 20:33
Lol. Well if you ask me, currently Sona's team seems to be the likely victor should they fight Rias' team again.

Don't think so. Then again, both teams have power up since their last match.

@DocBernax2814, there was one female Dragon. It appeared in the SS, Resurrection of Phoenix.

Really!? Was one of the dragons training with them a female? (have to pay more attention)

jopjopjop
2014-04-15, 20:35
I checked that SS.. the Sprite Dragon is a male but the gender of the Blizzard Dragon wasn't mentioned. The pronoun used was "it", so it can go either way.

~To me, its Rias' team. There are lots of additions/improvements to Rias' team after their Rating Game. Sona's team did became much stronger than they used to be with the addition of Rugal and Bennia, improvement of Saji, and the ASGs of the other members but I don't think, even with Sona's wits and intelligence, that they can scale well with the Gremory team.

teejmo
2014-04-15, 21:58
Damn Oppai Dragon!!!

Speaking of dragons, how come that there are more that 14 volumes and no female dragon has appeared.

Well, we do have Ophis. Granted, that dragon's more of an "it" than a "she", but I'm guessing that, since Ophis is basically copying what the girls of the ORC are doing, it'll be a female from now on.

And don't forget Tiamat! Granted, she hasn't appeared yet, but when that happens, it'll be fantastic.

~To me, its Rias' team. There are lots of additions/improvements to Rias' team after their Rating Game. Sona's team did became much stronger than they used to be with the addition of Rugal and Bennia, improvement of Saji, and the ASGs of the other members but I don't think, even with Sona's wits and intelligence, that they can scale well with the Gremory team.

Yeah, if they ever do a Rating Game, Gremory's sheer power should overwhelm them. I mean, in the previous match, everything was for Sona, and the President still had to resort to tactics that were basically praying for the Gremory's to overuse their energy. In their next match, there's no way the rules should favor one team so much.

Superbia
2014-04-15, 22:29
Yeah, if they ever do a Rating Game, Gremory's sheer power should overwhelm them. I mean, in the previous match, everything was for Sona, and the President still had to resort to tactics that were basically praying for the Gremory's to overuse their energy. In their next match, there's no way the rules should favor one team so much.

On the other hand in the previous match, the Sitri's team was lacking a rook, a knight, and three pawns while the Gremory's was only missing one rook. With the various rules a Rating Game can have and the fact at least Rias, Issei, and Gasper will end up with alot of restrictions put on them during the games, once Sona gets a full team you could easily see it go either way.

jopjopjop
2014-04-15, 22:45
Even if they put restrictions to those three, their power is still overwhelming.

The thing that gave the Gremory team so much trouble in their Rating Game wasn't Sona's intelligence but the rule that restricted the teams from destroying the building or a part of it. If it wasn't for that rule, Sona can use all her wits but the most that she can do is defeat Gasper/Xenovia at that time.

sunsengnim
2014-04-15, 23:12
Even if they put restrictions to those three, their power is still overwhelming.

The thing that gave the Gremory team so much trouble in their Rating Game wasn't Sona's intelligence but the rule that restricted the teams from destroying the building or a part of it. If it wasn't for that rule, Sona can use all her wits but the most that she can do is defeat Gasper/Xenovia at that time.

indeed, Rias's peerage is specialized in pure power giving them a bull restriction as you can't damage the surroundings meant they were completely neutralized from the start.
they didn't have a chance especially with so many things going for sona remember that super hax reverse? that got banned from the games?
remember that bull leech issei's blood to take him down? remember that bull of saji not going down from being hit by issei's punches?!

yeah, everything was orcastrated so that rias's team would LOSE and yet they still WON!
give them a rematch and sona's team would get destroyed even with her new pieces/powers/etc.

i might even go as far as just pitting issei+kiba against sona's whole peerage and i'd still bet everything i owned on issei and kiba since their chances of utterly wrecking sona's team is so high it would be insane to even consider otherwise.

aw454wtr
2014-04-16, 01:18
Sona's group only really shines in rating games, in real life fights without rules they would be overwhelmed, even the stray magicians would have crushed them if it wasn't for the fact that sona had command of the gremory group

Also the sitri group is a one devil group, take sona out of the equation and the rest of the group will lose easily, unlike the gremory group which can still fight off powerful foes without Rias and Akeno as in vol 9

teejmo
2014-04-16, 01:51
Sona's group only really shines in rating games, in real life fights without rules they would be overwhelmed, even the stray magicians would have crushed them if it wasn't for the fact that sona had command of the gremory group

Also the sitri group is a one devil group, take sona out of the equation and the rest of the group will lose easily, unlike the gremory group which can still fight off powerful foes without Rias and Akeno as in vol 9

Well, considering her grim reaper and her werewolf absolutely destroyed a bunch of vampires and then had enough energy to take out some evil dragons, I don't think it's just a "one devil group". Plus, her queen, Tsubaki, took out Xenovia and that was without even attaining Balance Breaker, which appears will happen soon. Oh yeah, and Sona has a freaking Dragon King who was able to inhibit a freaking god.

Her team's still strong enough to take on other teams fairly well. It's just that compared to Gremory, which is basically filled with uber-powerful characters throughout, they seem quite weak.

jopjopjop
2014-04-16, 02:00
In Xenovia's defense, she wasn't defeated because Tsubaki is stronger. She was countered because they didn't know that Tsubaki's SG "changed". If all tools are laid down the table, Xenovia would kick Tsubaki's ass. :heh:

teejmo
2014-04-16, 02:07
^True, especially since Xenovia's finally figuring out how to use Ex-Durandal... though it would be interesting what would happen once Tsubaki gets Balance Breaker. I'm not saying Xenovia would lose, but it could get interesting.

jopjopjop
2014-04-16, 02:45
Hmm. I have a speculation for Tsubaki's Balance Breaker. What if her BB allows instant transportation or something like that? A person/object can pass through a mirror and will arrive at another location.

Here's my basis on that.

Kiba said that her ability changed into a new ability (reflects attack). That means her BB might increase the power of the original ability, rather than the "changed" ability.
Before she was reincarnated into a Devil by Sona, she was isolated by her clan because of her trait that calls out to abnormal beings through her mirrors.

Imagine with Sona issuing orders, her team can go to any places(kinda redundant since they can just teleport :heh:) or bombard enemies from afar by attacking through the mirrors. :D

sky black swordman
2014-04-16, 07:49
indeed, Rias's peerage is specialized in pure power giving them a bull restriction as you can't damage the surroundings meant they were completely neutralized from the start.
they didn't have a chance especially with so many things going for sona remember that super hax reverse? that got banned from the games?
remember that bull leech issei's blood to take him down? remember that bull of saji not going down from being hit by issei's punches?!
yeah, everything was orcastrated so that rias's team would LOSE and yet they still WON!
give them a rematch and sona's team would get destroyed even with her new pieces/powers/etc.

i might even go as far as just pitting issei+kiba against sona's whole peerage and i'd still bet everything i owned on issei and kiba since their chances of utterly wrecking sona's team is so high it would be insane to even consider otherwise.

Actually, that was smart move by Sona. She knew that neither she or any member of her group was strong enough to Ise normally. So, she took advantage of the Rating Games special system that forces players to retire if their lives are in danger. In this case death due to lethal blood loss.

As for the reason as to, "Why didn't Saji stay down after being hit by Ise's punches ?" The reason for that was that Ise held back held back his power/strength. Issei simply didn't have the heart or will to fight Saji (his friend) with everything he had. Had Ise not held back, his fight with Saji would not have lasted as long as it did.

If a rematch did take place, things would be much different. But the end result (Rias's team wins) would probaly be the same.

aw454wtr
2014-04-16, 07:58
Well, considering her grim reaper and her werewolf absolutely destroyed a bunch of vampires and then had enough energy to take out some evil dragons, I don't think it's just a "one devil group". Plus, her queen, Tsubaki, took out Xenovia and that was without even attaining Balance Breaker, which appears will happen soon. Oh yeah, and Sona has a freaking Dragon King who was able to inhibit a freaking god.

Her team's still strong enough to take on other teams fairly well. It's just that compared to Gremory, which is basically filled with uber-powerful characters throughout, they seem quite weak.

Though even if tsubaki get's BB once xenovia masters excalibur ruler alone, there's no way xenovia is going to lose to tsubaki she can simply rule over her sacred gear's ability and one shot her with the ultimate holy sword kinda unfair to compare tsubaki chess value 9 with who has the traits of all other pieces with xenovia who is only a knight

the evil dragons that bennia and rugal took on were transformed from low level vampires, i doubt they can put up a fight if it was grendel or azi dahaka, besides Ise was wiping those evil dragon out and still have enough power to fight Euclid, so i doubt those grunt evil dragons are strong to begin with

Saji's dragon king is widely accepted as the weakest dragon king, i doubt saji would be able to take on fafnir let alone a heavenly dragon, he did hold loki, after loki had expended a significant amount of energy fighting Vali and Ise

jopjopjop
2014-04-16, 08:03
Actually, that was smart move by Sona. She knew that neither she or any member of her group was strong enough to Ise normally. So, she took advantage of the Rating Games special system that forces players to retire if their lives are in danger. In this case death due to lethal blood loss.

As for the reason as to, "Why didn't Saji stay down after being hit by Ise's punches ?" The reason for that was that Ise held back held back his power/strength. Issei simply didn't have the heart or will to fight Saji (his friend) with everything he had. Had Ise not held back, his fight with Saji would not have lasted as long as it did.

If a rematch did take place, things would be much different. But the end result (Rias's team wins) would probaly be the same.

But that is because the Gremory team were made to dance in Sona's tune.

The stacks are heavily favored in Sona's team to the point that it isn't absurd to call it cheating. Think about it, they were able to implement the blood sucking strategy in the most suitable environment.
Their only way to defeat Issei is to use their strategy revolving Saji. If the "no large-scale destruction" wasn't implemented, the Gremory team would've blitzed the Sitri team down and defeat them way before that strategy would bear fruit.

aw454wtr
2014-04-16, 08:48
But that is because the Gremory team were made to dance in Sona's tune.

The stacks are heavily favored in Sona's team to the point that it isn't absurd to call it cheating. Think about it, they were able to implement the blood sucking strategy in the most suitable environment.
Their only way to defeat Issei is to use their strategy revolving Saji. If the "no large-scale destruction" wasn't implemented, the Gremory team would've blitzed the Sitri team down and defeat them way before that strategy would bear fruit.

Now if the dice rule was used, wonder how well that would have gone for the sitri team

Gary29
2014-04-16, 09:02
I don't think Sitri would be able to handle Dice Rule well at all. Aside from Bennia, Rugal and maybe Tsubaki, they aren't fit for 1-on-1 battles. Gremory would easily crush them.

sunsengnim
2014-04-16, 09:14

nobody is saying it wasn't a smart move it was an excellent move and also VERY CHEAP.
sona held nothing back while rias was still considering it a friendly sparring match yet once her pieces went down one by one (especially issei) they all knew they should've taken it more seriously.

it was a match to strengthen rias's resolve and push them all into getting stronger.
it was just that sona's team had to use cheap moves/cheat moves to even stand a chance that's why im kinda miffed about that whole match.

Tbolt
2014-04-16, 10:38
I don't think Sitri would be able to handle Dice Rule well at all. Aside from Bennia, Rugal and maybe Tsubaki, they aren't fit for 1-on-1 battles. Gremory would easily crush them.

You beat me to the punch, in a Dice rule game it would be a slaughter.

The Sitri group has some great ASG that match up great with the groups ability's but there mostly support types.

What made me scratch my head was when Sirzechs gave Saji the MVP medal for defeating Ise, but did he really defeat Ise?

True Ise later had to retire but before he did Bilingual laid Sona's plan bare allowing The ORC to win.

So who had more effect on the outcome of the match, Saji just making Ise retire or Ise providing the information to allow the ORC to win the match?

So who was really the MVP.

jopjopjop
2014-04-16, 10:42
Consolation prize for being punched to a pulp.

sunsengnim
2014-04-16, 10:49
Consolation prize for being punched to a pulp.

felt like the whole mvp thing was just sirzechs going good job on staying alive here's a thingy to make you feel better.

(while secretly giggling inside going jeez issei hold back next time... ooh the irony...)

G147
2014-04-16, 16:25
Nah Sirzechs doesn't do that, he gave Saji the medal because he deserved it. Saji even went to the level of using his own life force to fuel his attack against Issei, making fun of that means Sirzechs is just an idiot. Even Odin praised Saji.

And regarding the Dice Figure Rule thing, actually i think it might suit Sona even more, for example if the combine points is 7 then Sona would be able to sent out more servant then Rias, and since Sona is well aware of Rias' servants abilities, she can create a countermeasure to that.

Also regarding the Tsubaki vs. Xenovia thing, actually unless if Xenovia suddenly become a technique genius not a power idiot she can't beat Tsubaki, it's the same like how Cao Cao owned the Gremory Team + Irina.

sunsengnim
2014-04-16, 16:44
Nah Sirzechs doesn't do that, he gave Saji the medal because he deserved it. Saji even went to the level of using his own life force to fuel his attack against Issei, making fun of that means you're just an idiot. Even Odin praised Saji.

And regarding the Dice Figure Rule thing, actually i think it might suit Sona even more, for example if the combine points is 7 then Sona would be able to sent out more servant then Rias, and since Sona is well aware of Rias' servants abilities, she can create a countermeasure to that.

Also regarding the Tsubaki vs. Xenovia thing, actually unless if Xenovia suddenly become a technique genius not a power idiot she can't beat Tsubaki, it's the same like how Cao Cao owned the Gremory Team + Irina.

nr.1 it was just a joke jeez no need to insult me for all the low handed methods they used i felt they deserved a bit of ridicule...

nr.2 the piece value stays the same for both sides so how could she send out more then rias?
she's got an extra pawn then rias and still 3 to be used pawn pieces i doubt that would change anything.

nr.3 cao cao was a genius tsubaki is not her main strength from what i've read is counters as long as xenovia doesn't fall for them she wins hands down.

comparing cao cao and tsubaki is like comparing a ferrari and a moped it has no point.

G147
2014-04-16, 17:23
nr.1 it was just joke jeez no need to insult me for all the low handed methods they used i felt they deserved a bit of ridicule...

nr.2 the piece value stays the same for both sides so how could she send out more then rias?
she's got an extra pawn then rias and still 3 to be used pawn pieces i doubt that would change anything.

nr.3 cao cao was a genius tsubaki is not her main strength from what i've read is counters as long as xenovia doesn't fall for them she wins hands down.

comparing cao cao and tsubaki is like comparing a ferrari and a moped it has no point.

Ahh for the nr. 1 thing, i ain't referring to you. I was referring to the thing regarding what if Sirzechs make fun of Saji. :heh: Sorry i didn't make that clear enough. And low-handed methods, that's the purpose of a Rating Game: Win. There's no point in fighting with power blindly if you can't win. Also if you can't beat with power then beat with strategy, it's the Gremory Team that failed to understand that. Also they were slightly overconfident with their power during that match.

nr. 2 Well that's an advantage to Sona, just adding one more Piece in a match means Sona would be able to create more strategies, that itself is already a problem.

nr. 3 No they aren't the same level, well i was just stating the usual technique-type has an advantage over power-type thingy. Plus Tsubaki hasn't attain her Balance Breaker, who knows how much Tsubaki would improve with a Balance Breaker.

kusabireika
2014-04-17, 05:28
Ahh for the nr. 1 thing, i ain't referring to you. I was referring to the thing regarding what if Sirzechs make fun of Saji. :heh: Sorry i didn't make that clear enough. And low-handed methods, that's the purpose of a Rating Game: Win. There's no point in fighting with power blindly if you can't win. Also if you can't beat with power then beat with strategy, it's the Gremory Team that failed to understand that. Also they were slightly overconfident with their power during that match.

nr. 2 Well that's an advantage to Sona, just adding one more Piece in a match means Sona would be able to create more strategies, that itself is already a problem.

nr. 3 No they aren't the same level, well i was just stating the usual technique-type has an advantage over power-type thingy. Plus Tsubaki hasn't attain her Balance Breaker, who knows how much Tsubaki would improve with a Balance Breaker.

True the weakness of power type is the technique type if I remember correctly also issei did mention his weakness is tech type

Gremory have remove some of there weakness by learning some technique
Sitri have also remove their weakness by obtaining power "asg and balance break for there sg user"

Also if I remember correctly don't ever underestimate technique type because they might bite if you aren't careful Cao Cao and Sona + peerage

aw454wtr
2014-04-17, 08:26
True the weakness of power type is the technique type if I remember correctly also issei did mention his weakness is tech type

Gremory have remove some of there weakness by learning some technique
Sitri have also remove their weakness by obtaining power "asg and balance break for there sg user"

Also if I remember correctly don't ever underestimate technique type because they might bite if you aren't careful Cao Cao and Sona + peerage

power type and technique types are opposed to each other

technique type will win if they can avoid power types attacks, but all a power type needs is one hit and the technique type will be done for

on the subject of tsubaki vs xenovia, once both of them reach their full potential xenovia will always be miles ahead of tsubaki excalibur ruler alone breaks any technique tsubaki can throw at xenovia and we still do not know what effects excalibur nightmare can do

kusabireika
2014-04-17, 08:38
power type and technique types are opposed to each other

technique type will win if they can avoid power types attacks, but all a power type needs is one hit and the technique type will be done for

on the subject of tsubaki vs xenovia, once both of them reach their full potential xenovia will always be miles ahead of tsubaki excalibur ruler alone breaks any technique tsubaki can throw at xenovia and we still do not know what effects excalibur nightmare can do

True ... Still depend on who got first :nod:

Maybe but we still don't know what tsubaki ss could be :(

As long that xenovia haven't fully master ex-durandal she can't beat tsubaki in technique :heh:

jopjopjop
2014-04-17, 19:58
Just saying something that I noticed.

Ophis' speech patterns before and after her power was sucked are different. ;):heh:

DocBernax2814
2014-04-17, 20:22
Just saying something that I noticed.

Ophis' speech patterns before and after her power was sucked are different. ;):heh:

Now that you mention it.......... she (I consider her a "she") start all her phrases with "I", how curious.

GrrDraxin
2014-04-18, 02:48
Examples of before and after?

jopjopjop
2014-04-18, 04:29
I finally found where this image came from (I dunno if you guys already know :heh:, just wanna share for those who don't)

http://i.imgur.com/xPqqrNh.jpg

It's from the short story Lets Go with Training! ~Mascot Chapter~

Not too sure about the details since I haven't read it yet completely but.. (I'll add details on to this after reading. I'm just excited on posting where this image came from :heh:)

Sairaorg is wearing an apple costume because he's promoting the special product of the Bael territory:

The mascot is known as Bapple.
B for Bael and apple for the specialty of the Bael territory.
Quote from Volume 9:

"Yes, he came expressly to deliver some fruit, a specialty from Bael territory. How thoughtful of our cousin. We were talking about how Rias should visit the Bael household to express our gratitude some time."
And the camel behind Sairaorg is Lord Gremory :uhoh:

~@Grr
In hindsight, that probably doesn't have any significance in the story since the shift to a different speech pattern happened after Volume 12. It didn't change immediately after her powers was sucked. :heh: But it changed from a nomral sentence to the "I (or any pronoun), blah blah" structure.

Chris38
2014-04-18, 05:30
In hindsight, that probably doesn't have any significance in the story since the shift to a different speech pattern happened after Volume 12. It didn't change immediately after her powers was sucked. :heh: But it changed from a nomral sentence to the "I (or any pronoun), blah blah" structure.

Which might be an indication that Ophis is actually getting some self identity...

Also it might change, after Ophis gains some character development into an female gender pronunciation ... after Ophis gains some knowledge and awareness of what 'gender' is, from Ise and the rest of the girls that accompany him :cool: :heh:

aw454wtr
2014-04-18, 11:35
Has there been any SS showing slash dog's abilities/power for someone that vali needs juggernaut drive to fight on an even footing he's gotta be majorly powerful

jopjopjop
2014-04-18, 14:41
SLASH/DOG was a failed(?) project, so I think no one has uploaded anything about it.

But their similarity is that they both have "pets" and that's it, I think.

DocBernax2814
2014-04-21, 16:53
SLASH/DOG was a failed(?) project, so I think no one has uploaded anything about it.

But their similarity is that they both have "pets" and that's it, I think.

Why did it failed?

jopjopjop
2014-06-11, 15:36
Why did it failed?

Dunno. I think it only has 2-3 Volumes?

~Anyway, there's new info about the Maous given by Ishibumi.

It seems like Serafall and Venelana are best friends. And there's something about Falbium but I can't understand that one. Google Translate/Systranet and Atlas failed me. :heh:

Can someone confirm/read that?

G147
2014-06-11, 19:57
No it's Serafall's mother and Venelana that are best friends.

jopjopjop
2014-07-09, 10:28
SLASHDOG will be released tomorrow. So, let's see what new info about DxD will we get from that.

B214
2014-07-09, 10:43
Hmm hopefully we will.

Royalknightftw
2014-07-09, 10:47
I think Shemhazai will play an important role in SlashDog series

G147
2014-07-09, 11:54
Well maybe we can learn more from the Fallen Angels there. Makes me want there to be a story on Dulio. ( ._.)

Gary29
2014-07-09, 12:02
There'll probably be a short story on Dulio one day. Interested in the info about DxD we'll get from SLASH/DOG. We may even get introduced to some of the other Longinus that haven't appeared in DxD so far.

jopjopjop
2014-07-09, 19:29
Found another info. The butler in the pic of Seekvaira and a Gundam behind her is her Queen.

He's the second known male Queen in the series. :)

He's a Dragon (Zmey (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavic_dragon)) and normally is in the form of a human. He's the person Sona had trouble the most in her Rating Game against Seekvaira.

kusabireika
2014-07-09, 19:55
Found another info. The butler in the pic of Seekvaira and a Gundam behind her is her Queen.

He's a Dragon (Zmey (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavic_dragon)) and normally is in the form of a human. He's the person Sona had trouble the most in her Rating Game against Seekvaira.

^ yay my speculation is correct yay :3 all rookie 4 do indeed have dragon in their peerage :heh:

Small true dragon god with a dragon longinus = Rias
Human that has dragon sacred gear = Sona
A demon that can transform to a dragon = Sairaorg
A dragon that can transform to a human = Agares

I'm really shocked, thx jopjopjop for the info :heh:

ReaperxKingx
2014-07-09, 20:29

What class or tier is Seekvaira's dragon in? Is he similar to the tier of a Sprite Dragon or Blizzard Dragon?

jopjopjop
2014-07-09, 20:34
I dunno. :sad:

ReaperxKingx
2014-07-09, 21:09
I dunno. :sad:

No worries, the reason I was asking is because of the ranking for the 4 Young Kings. Gremory and Bael respectively takes 1st and 2nd while the 3rd and 4th are not easy to take note of. Sona and Seekvaira are both hard to judge. Their strongest pieces are to be judge to take some form of advantages over the other. Which are most likely Saji and the Zmey.

Saji had to go Dragon King mode at the cost of going berserk in their match which leads to me believe that if Saji didn't, he would have lost against the Zmey. Any real strategist wouldn't have allowed Saji do so if it was really necessary because of the risk of going uncontrol. However, nevertheless, Sona won the match.

This sort of tips the scale into more balance.

jopjopjop
2014-07-09, 21:12
Btw, the name of Seekvaira's Queen is something like Alivian.

jopjopjop
2014-10-07, 15:54
Phew. A blood connection between characters in SlashDog and DxD has now been established.

Tobio's grandmother's maiden name is Himejima.

aw454wtr
2014-10-08, 03:10
What class or tier is Seekvaira's dragon in? Is he similar to the tier of a Sprite Dragon or Blizzard Dragon?

most likely, i doubt he would be at dragon king class and no way would he be near heavenly dragon class despite costing a queen

afterall the youth games established the fact that agares is the weakest of the young devils, she never won a match, got destroyed by single handedly by astaroth (who's peerage got flawlessly defeated by the gremory group) and lost to the on paper weaker sitri team

If anything seekvaira's dragon probably is more of a tactician type, a thinker rather than fighter

Seafoam
2014-10-08, 08:58
most likely, i doubt he would be at dragon king class and no way would he be near heavenly dragon class despite costing a queen

afterall the youth games established the fact that agares is the weakest of the young devils, she never won a match, got destroyed by single handedly by astaroth (who's peerage got flawlessly defeated by the gremory group) and lost to the on paper weaker sitri team

If anything seekvaira's dragon probably is more of a tactician type, a thinker rather than fighter

Let's not forget that Astaroth had ingested an Ophis snake.

jopjopjop
2014-10-08, 09:53
and lost to the on paper weaker sitri team

Do note that Agares team didn't lose to the Sitri team because they are weaker than them.

Scramble Flags isn't a match that showcases fire power. It's more on tactics and when Saji goes berserk and enter Vritra Promotion, the scale will tip more to the Sitri side since 1.) Vritra's other name; Prison Dragon says it all 2.) Saji can use all of the abilities that he has simultaneously and on multiple targets.

That's why they won.

And also ...

He's an all-rounder.

aw454wtr
2014-10-09, 01:47
Let's not forget that Astaroth had ingested an Ophis snake.

But he was easily crushed by Ise in just his normal BB with mere 30min limit astaroth couldn't have been that powerful (no where near evil dragon level), for the arch duke house I expected agares to be much stronger at least slightly below Bael, but losing all matches in the youth tournament...

At this point what could agares contribute to team DxD?

Tactics azazel, sona and Cao Cao have that covered

Battle power Gremory, Vali team, Bael group, slash dog and dulio have that covered

Healing Asian and Phenex tears have that covered

Though I can foresee seekvaira agares having a confrontation with Rias due to agares being jealous of a lower ranked house having better peerage than her, at the end of vol 9 there was a part where agares was trying to influence Saiaorg to insist on restriction be put on Ise due to his triania and the fact that he will end up as lucifers in law

Maybe Seekvaira may be another traitor joining up with belial, and at the end of the arc we can have a climatic fight to the end agares vs sitri in real life fight, would give the rest of the sitri team their first win in a non-rating game fight

jopjopjop
2014-10-09, 06:58
No way a mecha otaku that had her face lit up with excitement when Issei said that he sometimes enjoy watching mecha animes be a traitor. :D

aw454wtr
2014-10-09, 07:20
No way a mecha otaku that had her face lit up with excitement when Issei said that he sometimes enjoy watching mecha animes be a traitor. :D

stranger things have happended, who'd thought azazel's cool fafnir armor had a secret fetish

jopjopjop
2014-10-09, 07:31
But Fafnir's is for comedic purposes; the other, if that even has a possibility to happen, is not.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2014-10-09, 08:12

so your telling me that the idea that the most powerful rating game devil could be a traitor. That the most powerful dragon in the world Ophis would be comfortable sitting on the lap of a boy who not even a year ago wouldnt get a girl to touch him even with a 10 foot pole. DxD has made the ridiculous possible already nothing is out of the question at this point

kusabireika
2014-10-09, 08:14
so your telling me that the idea that the most powerful rating game devil could be a traitor. That the most powerful dragon in the world Ophis would be comfortable sitting on the lap of a boy who not even a year ago wouldnt get a girl to touch him even with a 10 foot pole. DxD has made the ridiculous possible already nothing is out of the question at this point

I hope agares is isn't a traitor :T_T:

Gary29
2014-10-09, 08:17

Sure, it's possible, but it wouldn't make sense. What reason would Agares have to defect to Qlippoth? Belial has the valid reason that he wants to serve his true master, the Son of the Original Lucifer, not to mention use this opportunity to investigate the murder of his cousin, Seekvaira has no such reason.

kusabireika
2014-10-09, 08:44
Sure, it's possible, but it wouldn't make sense. What reason would Agares have to defect to Qlippoth? Belial has the valid reason that he wants to serve his true master, the Son of the Original Lucifer, not to mention use this opportunity to investigate the murder of his cousin, Seekvaira has no such reason.

True and you know agares has a reason to fight she is angry because they turn her people to evil dragon and took her territory :T_T:

Royalknightftw
2014-10-09, 09:41
But he was easily crushed by Ise in just his normal BB with mere 30min limit astaroth couldn't have been that powerful (no where near evil dragon level), for the arch duke house I expected agares to be much stronger at least slightly below Bael, but losing all matches in the youth tournament...

At this point what could agares contribute to team DxD?

Tactics azazel, sona and Cao Cao have that covered

Battle power Gremory, Vali team, Bael group, slash dog and dulio have that covered

Healing Asian and Phenex tears have that covered

Though I can foresee seekvaira agares having a confrontation with Rias due to agares being jealous of a lower ranked house having better peerage than her, at the end of vol 9 there was a part where agares was trying to influence Saiaorg to insist on restriction be put on Ise due to his triania and the fact that he will end up as lucifers in law

Maybe Seekvaira may be another traitor joining up with belial, and at the end of the arc we can have a climatic fight to the end agares vs sitri in real life fight, would give the rest of the sitri team their first win in a non-rating game fight

Sona is more into a pure tactician type just like Fasbium Asmodeus while Seekvaira is more into a scientist type like Ajuka IMO. So yeah she can contribute greatly into DxD team

It was a logical move to restrict Issei's Triaina you know, Triaina is more like a cheat ability after all. So i don't think she would be anything like traitor.

True and you know agares has a reason to fight she is angry because they turn her people to evil dragon and took her territory
Hmmm, well yeah Rizevim did take her precious territory but her people? i don't think so. From New life vol 17 "They stole the whole Agreas swiftly. From what I heard, all the civilians of that city got teleported outside. In other words, they left while taking just the city". All Rizevim cares is to steal Agares not the people inside it.

kusabireika
2014-10-09, 09:49
Will it be another heated topic about "is agares a traitor or not"

Uhm I guess won't join in that discusion if that happen :T_T:

aw454wtr
2014-10-09, 09:51
Sona is more into a pure tactician type just like Fasbium Asmodeus while Seekvaira is more into a scientist type like Ajuka IMO. So yeah she can contribute greatly into DxD team

It was a logical move to restrict Issei's Triaina you know, Triaina is more like a cheat ability after all. So i don't think she would be anything like traitor.

It was the intent that can be a possible reason, after all agares is ranked number 2, no doubt seekvaira has a ton of pride as do most high class devils, to be surpassed by gremory and sitri which are lower ranked would hurt that pride,

particularly Ise for not only being much more powerful than her, but also having more political connections within and outside the underworld than her

Apart from that I can't really see a role for agares to play in this arc? seems like the author shoehorned her group into DxD, there has to be a plot reason for including agares group, i seriously doubt she will join the harem

jopjopjop
2014-10-09, 10:03
It was the intent that can be a possible reason, after all agares is ranked number 2, no doubt seekvaira has a ton of pride as do most high class devils, to be surpassed by gremory and sitri which are lower ranked would hurt that pride,

particularly Ise for not only being much more powerful than her, but also having more political connections within and outside the underworld than her

Sitri and Gremory can do what they can all they want but Agares will still be ranked higher than them. Those two clans may be more popular to the masses because of what they do, but Agares' role to the Underworld as Archduke is more important than theirs.

Issei has more political connections? Yeah, right. :3

Just as what the first Bael (Zechram[?]) said with the Maous just being symbols, Sona's and Rias' group will just be like them.

Royalknightftw
2014-10-09, 10:04

Apart from that I can't really see a role for agares to play in this arc? seems like the author shoehorned her group into DxD, there has to be a plot reason for including agares group, i seriously doubt she will join the harem

Agares has always been a mediator in any kind of disputes between The great king faction and The four great satans, that means with or without ambition her family position is fixed.

Again, her position is fixed.

Just like what i said before, Seekvaira is a scientist type then she could provide any items (battle suit or even a Gundam) for DxD team.

evalot1997
2014-10-09, 10:12
Agares has always been a mediator in any kind of disputes between The great king faction and The four great satans, that means with or without ambition her family position is fixed.

Again, her position is fixed.

Just like what i said before, Seekvaira is a scientist type then she could provide any items (battle suit or even a Gundam) for DxD team.

You kinda forgot about Azazel and the Grigory...

ImperialFlameGod8190
2014-10-09, 10:19

Gary my post is more about the point that anything is possible whether it makes sense or not. Most of whats happened with DxD is more along the lines of... what really this is absolutely bizzare. I'll give u 3 examples of things that we know have happened but dont make any sense in a normal sense (some of it is classic harem shenanigans also) (without knowing the reasoning)

1. How the Holy Sword Project lasted as long as it is without anybody catching onto it and letting Valper go as long as they did.
2. Rias a devil has 4 servants (at the end of Vol 17) Who have heavy ties to organizations that are enemies of devils.
(Kiba is a former Holy sword weilder, Akeno is a fallen angel and the daughter of a shinto shrine, Xenovia was a church assassin who until Kokabiel appeared was essentially an enemy of devils period and likely killed quite a few, Asia was a Holy maiden. Not to mention the fact that she's being advised by a Fallen Angel is living with a group that was a clear enemy (no matter how much she resents it) And her fiancee is being managed by the sister of the jerk who tried to steal her as a husband and his contracted magician is part of a group that was his enemy.
3. 1 year ago (or around that) Issei was a perv who basically couldnt get a girl to touch him with a 10 foot pole. Heck the guys first power dress break forcibly stripped women. Somehow this guy now has a good 10-15 girls who if he said the word would strip for him without him having to move.
4 (because the third point is classic harem). Chichigami which lets face it everybody's looking like wtf is this and even the most intelligent characters in the show.
5 (because lets face it even normal shenanigans cant explain this). How the hell is it that Oppai Dragon has become as popular as it is and how can they allow little kids to watch something like this. (IRL if Oppai dragon aired on TV there would be a firestorm based on what we know) I mean the oppai dragon song itself if it was real you probably wouldnt let a kid even listen to unless he was 13

DxD has specialized in a lot of stuff that doesnt make much sense without incredible analysis and even then not so much.

kusabireika
2014-10-09, 10:29
Uhm I wonder if this topic become taboo like sona topic :T_T:

Maybe someone will say issei become a traitor or rias dies it's possible because its dxd "smile sincerely" :heehee:

>_< glass type character always become heated discussion :T_T: too much speculation ;_; )

jopjopjop
2014-10-09, 10:38
@Imperial Yes, we have seen "things" but the examples that you gave are different from Seekvaira's scenario of being a traitor.

Forgive me for this kind of example

The examples you gave are like from 0 to +1/-1. That means anything goes.
In Seekvaira's case from 0, her joining DxD, +1 ... the mecha SS, +1 ... Agreas being stolen, +1. So her name has already up there on being a good guy and it would be crazy turning her from positive to negative in one sweep.

Royalknightftw
2014-10-09, 11:04
Gary my post is more about the point that anything is possible whether it makes sense or not. Most of whats happened with DxD is more along the lines of... what really this is absolutely bizzare. I'll give u 3 examples of things that we know have happened but dont make any sense in a normal sense (some of it is classic harem shenanigans also) (without knowing the reasoning)

1. How the Holy Sword Project lasted as long as it is without anybody catching onto it and letting Valper go as long as they did.
2. Rias a devil has 4 servants (at the end of Vol 17) Who have heavy ties to organizations that are enemies of devils.
(Kiba is a former Holy sword weilder, Akeno is a fallen angel and the daughter of a shinto shrine, Xenovia was a church assassin who until Kokabiel appeared was essentially an enemy of devils period and likely killed quite a few, Asia was a Holy maiden. Not to mention the fact that she's being advised by a Fallen Angel is living with a group that was a clear enemy (no matter how much she resents it) And her fiancee is being managed by the sister of the jerk who tried to steal her as a husband and his contracted magician is part of a group that was his enemy.
3. 1 year ago (or around that) Issei was a perv who basically couldnt get a girl to touch him with a 10 foot pole. Heck the guys first power dress break forcibly stripped women. Somehow this guy now has a good 10-15 girls who if he said the word would strip for him without him having to move.
4 (because the third point is classic harem). Chichigami which lets face it everybody's looking like wtf is this and even the most intelligent characters in the show.
5 (because lets face it even normal shenanigans cant explain this). How the hell is it that Oppai Dragon has become as popular as it is and how can they allow little kids to watch something like this. (IRL if Oppai dragon aired on TV there would be a firestorm based on what we know) I mean the oppai dragon song itself if it was real you probably wouldnt let a kid even listen to unless he was 13

DxD has specialized in a lot of stuff that doesnt make much sense without incredible analysis and even then not so much.

Errr, not only what Jopjopjop said but your line of reasons also have several flaws.
1. Eh, the experiment only lasted for some years not century, all he needed to do to outsmart the church.
2. So what ?? They are an alliance now
3. Issei sacrificed one of his arms to save a woman, He became an abomination for losing a woman and he got his ass kicked several times just to defend a woman. It's not like he just winks one of his eyes then the girls are all around him
4. At least there are a several explanations why it happened
5. You are using human logic into devil world.

Royalknightftw
2014-10-09, 11:16
You kinda forgot about Azazel and the Grigory...

And The Agarest and Grigory are collaborating to make a certain type of weapon in Seekvaira SS.

Gary29
2014-10-09, 11:21

DxD is full of crazy events, that does not mean anything is possible. You're confusing the two.

1. He was exiled, and they did know of it, they just kept it top-secret as it was an experiment they didn't approve of.
2. ...Your point? Former enemies, by the way. Ravel is a good girl and Le Fay was never an enemy of theirs, you're making 0 sense.
3. He's one of those super-rare protagonists that actually DESERVE all of the girls' affections, and if you don't realize that by now I'd assume you haven't actually read the LNs(I know you have).
4. Yup, a crazy event. World-expansion. Key part to the current arc. Chichigami's appearance isn't something that is absolutely unexplainable. So again I don't see your point.
5. How is it that most of the powerful Devils in the series are sis-con's? :heh: You're applying human logic to the Devil world, that is bound to create inconsistencies.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2014-10-09, 11:24
Errr, not only what Jopjopjop said but your line of reasons also have several flaws.
1. Eh, the experiment only lasted for some years not century, all he needed to do to outsmart the church.
2. So what ?? They are an alliance now
3. Issei sacrificed one of his arms to save a woman, He became an abomination for losing a woman and he got his ass kicked several times just to defend a woman. It's not like he just winks one of his eyes then the girls are all around him
4. At least there are a several explanations why it happened
5. You are using human logic into devil world.

You're absolutely right that some of them have flaws almost all concepts in existance have them but here's my rebuke.

1. You're right but really i feel like they handled that wrong especially sending xenovia and irina essentially into a big battle blind.
2. Now they're an alliance but really it does bring serious questions how Rias let so many members of the church into a group beforehand and even with the alliance the vali team is still not exactly heavy fanfare
3. Again i did say it was classic harem shenanigans to a point so that takes away you're point
4. You're right there are explanations to WHY its happened but my big key was to ignore the reasoning behind it.
5. The devil world isnt that much different from a human world and the logic isnt as far off as you might think

@gary Yes as you said anything is possible which is my point dont discount something just because it seems odd. And my question was never did he deserve him but the fact he gets them which again i tie to harem character shenanigans haha it seems like usually when i say something controversial you and royal always have a rebuke ready

Royalknightftw
2014-10-09, 11:50
1. For the church, Xenovia and Irina are expendable as long as they have Dulio. Besides they only expected for them to at least destroy the fragments of Excalibur not survive the mission.
2. Kiba is a guinea-pig of church (hardly a member), Akeno has never involved herself with grigory, Asia and Xenovia are kicked out of the church.
3. The classic harem is "Woah he is so nice i like him" not sacrificing an arm and losing 99% of your supposed age.
4. What reasoning ??
5. Yes it is different, Harem is permitted.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2014-10-09, 12:48
1. For the church, Xenovia and Irina are expendable as long as they have Dulio. Besides they only expected for them to at least destroy the fragments of Excalibur not survive the mission.
2. Kiba is a guinea-pig of church (hardly a member), Akeno has never involved herself with grigory, Asia and Xenovia are kicked out of the church.
3. The classic harem is "Woah he is so nice i like him" not sacrificing an arm and losing 99% of your supposed age.
4. What reasoning ??
5. Yes it is different, Harem is permitted.

1. Its a bit unfair to say that since we didnt know about Dulio until so much later in the story but during vol 3 (without knowing other stuff) but really thats still disappointing for a church.
2. Okay this point i'll give u but its still gotta be odd having the daughter of a high ranking fallen angel in the group nobody thinking o yea this is fine... doubt it.
3. The classic harem maybe the modern harem is "ordinary guy (usually lame guy) has an extraordinary circumstance that gathers women around him with some differences in the execution. (Infinite Stratos, Rosario + vampire, Campione, Kampfer, Oda Nobuna, Nisekoi, Trinity seven, obviously DxD) modern harems you get ordinary guys who by some freaky miracle become harem leads and yes issei is proof of that.
4. Thats my point there is no reasoning.
5. Thats one exception to the rule and you know it the attitude of the gremory's is pretty much as long as we control the harem it doesnt matter that the harem exists its not allowed its just tolerated because of Issei's condition.

Royalknightftw
2014-10-09, 13:57
1. Well, without being explained we could suggest that the Church has some sort of trump card for making Xenovia and Irina went through the suicide mission.
2. Akeno had cut all ties with her father
3. What matters is the hard work
4. arguable at most
5. It's not about tolerable or intolerable, but it is legally allowed in Devil world

Just like what Gary stated, just because there are a lot WTF moments in DxD but does not mean that anything is possible. If it was, valerie would not be in comatose situation right now due to "anything is possible". Anyway it's not like that i will rebuke any comments you make, sometimes i agree with you but most i don't. It's just a matter of opinions after all.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2014-10-09, 15:41
hah alright this debate has been fun but im going to end it for now that was fun

jopjopjop
2014-10-10, 10:50
SlashDog Ch.3 part 1

Cheeky brat nicknamed "Va-kun" lives with them.
They will give him cup noodles to eat.

SlashDog Ch.3 part 2

A person with power lives with them in the apartment.

SlashDog Ch. 4 title

Silver-haired boy

I wonder who this guy is. :eyespin:

evalot1997
2014-10-10, 10:54
SlashDog Ch.3 part 1

Cheeky brat nicknamed "Va-kun" lives with them.
They will give him cup noodles to eat.

SlashDog Ch.3 part 2

A person with power lives with them in the apartment.

SlashDog Ch. 4 title

Silver-haired boy

I wonder who this guy is. :eyespin:

Yeah, i did not recall any silver-haired boy in the series. :uhoh:

Royalknightftw
2014-10-10, 10:59
Cup noodles ?? Fenrir ? Oh wait, he is a wolf.

Gary29
2014-10-10, 11:03
It's probably Rizevim :heh:

reinastar
2014-10-10, 11:05
First ^_^~

DragoMuseveni
2014-10-10, 11:12
Va-kun . Why i get this impression is vali .... A person with power . Must be vali . Or maybe it isn`t . Lilin can`t be cause slash dog was with grigori back then i think

jopjopjop
2014-10-10, 11:36
@Drago It's Vali. We're just messing around. :D

He's the first character in DxD to appear in SlashDog. Tobio was able to talk with "Governor" but not face-to-face, so he doesn't count.

jopjopjop
2014-10-10, 12:11
Aaaaaan ... a silver-haired boy that seems to be in the upper grade of elementary school with a cute white dragon stuffed toy on his shoulder appeared.

Heh. I wonder what Issei will think when he knows that Vali owned a stuff toy.

G147
2014-10-11, 22:49
Issei would be shocked and try to further himself from Vali.

Royalknightftw
2014-10-14, 15:32
Well, i guess that makes cup noodles (or any type of fast food) a favorite food for Vali :heh:

B214
2014-10-14, 21:15
Well, i guess that makes cup noodles (or any type of fast food) a favorite food for Vali :heh:

I think that's more to because none of them can cook aside from Le Fay. :heh:

jopjopjop
2014-10-16, 22:09
Since there's little activity here and all, just throwing this, to me is, a sound speculation.

The possessor of Absolute Demise is a person named Lavinia.

Before I tell who Lavinia is, let's recall the facts about the possessor.

The possessor is a magician under the Magician Association named Grauzauberer under Mephisto Pheles.
Mephisto and Azazel had connections even before the Kuoh Treaty.

Okay. So who is Lavinia?

She's a character from Ishibumi's other work, Slashdog, that also takes place in the DxD-verse although in an earlier time. (How early? Tobio describes Vali as to be an elementary school student)
She's a blonde magician nicknamed "Demise Girl".
She lives with Tobio, Natsume, Samejima, and Vali in an apartment.
Don't know if this may help in any way but Tobio suspects that she's Italian. :heh:

The first contradiction that will come to mind is that "Wouldn't that make her a member of Grigori"?
That was the first thing that I thought of but upon searching in Ishi's blog, Tobio, Natsume, and Samejima are all listed under Grigori but not her.

Meaning to say that she can be a member of another organization, namely Grauzauberer, and is just being "loaned" by Mephisto to help them since the other people in the group are fairly inexperienced. (The group (probably except Lavinia) even thinks that Vali has a case of chuunibyou because he introduced himself as Vali Lucifer, harbors the Vanishing Dragon inside him, and talks to himself. :heh:)

~So, all in all, those things all point that Lavinia is the possessor of Absolute Demise; a Longinus yet to be seen in the main DxD storyline.

Just a reminder. This is in no way confirmed and accepted as facts. These are just speculations.;)

kusabireika
2014-10-16, 22:55
Since there's little activity here and all, just throwing this, to me is, a sound speculation.

The possessor is a magician under the Magician Association named Grauzauberer under Mephisto Pheles.

Okay. So who is Lavinia?

She's a character from Ishibumi's other work, Slashdog, that also takes place in the DxD-verse although in an earlier time. (How early? Tobio describes Vali as to be an elementary school student)
Don't know if this may help in any way but Tobio suspects that she's Italian. :heh:

The first contradiction that will come to mind is that "Wouldn't that make her a member of Grigori"?
That was the first thing that I thought of but upon searching in Ishi's blog, Tobio, Natsume, and Samejima are all listed under Grigori but not her.

Meaning to say that she can be a member of another organization, namely Grauzauberer, and is just being "loaned" by Mephisto to help them since the other people in the group are fairly inexperienced. (The group (probably except Lavinia) even thinks that Vali has a case of chuunibyou because he introduced himself as Vali Lucifer, harbors the Vanishing Dragon inside him, and talks to himself. :heh:)

~So, all in all, those things all point that Lavinia is the possessor of Absolute Demise; a Longinus yet to be seen in the main DxD storyline.

wow thanks for the information :blush:
http://eemoticons.net/Upload/Kanade Avatar/Kanade 016.jpg

any news on who is the wielder of telos karma ^^?
http://eemoticons.net/Upload/Kanade Avatar/Kanade 032.jpg

Royalknightftw
2014-10-17, 11:47

Okay. So who is Lavinia?

Just a reminder. This is in no way confirmed and accepted as facts. These are just speculations.;)

Nice one indeed, now looking forward to see more about the ability of Absolute Demise. Now that leaves two more longinus possessors that have not yet made an appearance in the series.

voltcannon
2014-10-29, 00:48
Hi a ghost member here who has a lot of ideas, so seeing that this is the place for it I decided to post one of my favorites . I have fixed the spoiler problems for now, so let me share a theory on a some gods we all now about but have never seen to date.

Now some of you may have perhaps guessed that it is the god from the bible and you are mostly right I guess. But not quite the gods I am talking about is him and his son "insert what name you call him by here". Now what I'm about to speculate is this, that the god from the bible used nearly all his power to seal 666 that we no to be true, but he knowing that he would most likely die soon from the war, so god came up with a few failsafes if 666 should ever get out. One was the sacred gears , another a spear that could kill gods, and the last a child. Now here were it goes from making cense to DXD cense for those of you who enjoy it.
He did this in secret so his son would grow up safe and that one day could take on the greatest of task of being a new god that wold act like a seal for the seals on 666. Unfortunately that did not happen do to a certain "Evil" getting him killed, but god new that the "Evil" was getting close to his son he created two other holy items the cross, and the grail. With the 3 holy tools in place he made sure his son drank from the grail , get nailed to the cross, and finally killed by one of the only things that can kill a god the spear.
With his son's safety and the safety of every thing on the planet in jeopardy if 666 got out he sent him to a far off world were that "Evil" could not reach him. Then to make sure of it he asked another "enemy" to act as a guard for the gate , and finally when it came down to the two's final show down it ended in both sides "killing" each other, and as he look up at the war over head he said his final words, " I cannot let it end up in a 3 way destruction to the death!", so he added one last failsafe. By sealing his mind into the spear causing certain bugs to appear in his systems.

God dang it that was a long theory for me and hopefully someone enjoyed reading it as much as I had writing it .

that is all have for now ,so this me shutting down and signing off , good night.

-Volt

jopjopjop
2014-10-29, 01:09
Your theory is really hard to understand since you didn't state what you're trying to theorize and not saying who's who. :twitch:

Anyway, sooo ... you're saying that Jesus is in another dimension i.e. Chichigami's world?

voltcannon
2014-10-29, 03:26
Sorry about that , what I was trying to get across is that maybe the god from the bible sent his son to that other world as a way to keep him save as well as the seals that bind 666. I mean really god in dxd seems like the crafty type or perhaps carful would be better word to describe him. Also why is it that we see the son of the devil , but not the son of god it seems weird to me you would think Jesus would be a bit better at running heaven right, or even if he did not want to he would still be mention in passing.

Once again sorry about that I have been so busy editing a story that I put my theory in the same way the translator puts his key point. He likes to let's say condense a chapter into a few paragraphs, says it's easier in the long run, but much like you said the true meaning can be lost in translation.

jopjopjop
2014-10-29, 03:31
Also why is it that we see the son of the devil , but not the son of god it seems weird to me you would think Jesus would be a bit better at running heaven right, or even if he did not want to he would still be mention in passing.

Uhh ... because the son of God is dead and the son of Lucifer is not? The son of God was mentioned in the series when the True Longinus was first introduced that it killed him.

We do not know where Gods or similar to those natures go to when they die. It may be the same with the Devils that their existence would be completely erased.

voltcannon
2014-10-29, 12:26
What I'm trying to say is that - The spear that killed Jesus killed his human body not his god one. I mean it seems like the True Longinus was originally created to kill " the world's enemies " , or the god from the bible's enemies, not humans or people on his side. Add to that the holy grail's properties with changing the living or living dead, the holy cross's abilities to destroy even strong devils , and finally the fact that Jesus was said to rise again after death all I can see is that he should be alive some where. The only thing I can think of that may have killed him at that time would have to be some one with the strength to get through that and then still have enough strength left to kill Jesus for good. Ring any bells.;)
Well hopefully that helped to better explain my thought process to you, but to be perfectly honest I will be amazed if even one of these things end up some what true.:)

anime fan99
2014-10-29, 19:53
I'm here because I just watched the first and second episode of the second season and the anime Sub-Forum is like a ghost town where to go to discuss this :eyebrow:

Direwolf18
2014-10-29, 19:56
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the whole the Resurrection of Christ (IE the whole Palm Sunday /Ester thing) AFTER his physical body was slain? So very much the God part of him would be still alive. Now granted he has played NO part in the series whatsoever, he would be in charge and not Michael so I got no idea how the author is doing things.

GrrDraxin
2014-10-29, 20:33
I'm here because I just watched the first and second episode of the second season and the anime Sub-Forum is like a ghost town where to go to discuss this :eyebrow:

The other place to discuss is usually the DxD social group, but most of the DxD sub-threads are based around the source material light novels, so if you don't want to be spoiled about future developments if you have watched the anime, but haven't read the light novels, you may be out of luck until the next season of DxD airs, which would likely be early to middle next year.

jopjopjop
2014-10-29, 20:35
What I'm trying to say is that - The spear that killed Jesus killed his human body not his god one. I mean it seems like the True Longinus was originally created to kill " the world's enemies " , or the god from the bible's enemies, not humans or people on his side. Add to that the holy grail's properties with changing the living or living dead, the holy cross's abilities to destroy even strong devils , and finally the fact that Jesus was said to rise again after death all I can see is that he should be alive some where. The only thing I can think of that may have killed him at that time would have to be some one with the strength to get through that and then still have enough strength left to kill Jesus for good. Ring any bells.;)
Well hopefully that helped to better explain my thought process to you, but to be perfectly honest I will be amazed if even one of these things end up some what true.:)

You know, you should really stop explaining your theory using vague things and say things like "Ring any bells.". You should just outright say want you want to say so that people can just focus on your speculation and have a discussion whether it is feasible or not. Just an advice. :)

Then, are you okay with spoilers? If not, you need to post on the specific thread in the anime sub-forum to prevent spoiling of future events.

anime fan99
2014-10-29, 21:03
No I do not have a problem with spoilers Can I put my opinions about the second season here

jopjopjop
2014-10-29, 21:09
I guess? Fire away.

anime fan99
2014-10-29, 21:25
so are I watched two episodes of the second season I hope the second season is not all about excalibur story line Because I do not care about Yuto Kiba

I saw many revenge stories on tv shows anime .......... and him focuses his revenge on the swords themselves and not the people responsible for the project just sound stupid

jopjopjop
2014-10-29, 21:30
The second season isn't entirely focused on Kiba. Just like the first season where there were 2 "stories"; Asia and Rias/Raiser, the 2nd season is about Kiba and Gasper / Alliance.

I guess Kiba's mentality is that if it weren't for the Excaliburs, they wouldn't be subjected to the experiments that caused their death. And ofc, he isn't just fixated with the Excaliburs, he also hates those who are responsible with the experiments primarily, the Genocide Archbishop Valper Galilei.

Royalknightftw
2014-10-30, 03:53
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the whole the Resurrection of Christ (IE the whole Palm Sunday /Ester thing) AFTER his physical body was slain? So very much the God part of him would be still alive. Now granted he has played NO part in the series whatsoever, he would be in charge and not Michael so I got no idea how the author is doing things.

I doubt DxD universe uses resurrection thing for Jesus, which means he is already dead.

Murakami Kai
2014-11-05, 03:27
I doubt DxD universe uses resurrection thing for Jesus, which means he is already dead.

Or he doesn't want any backlash from Jesus supporters who would be outraged even more by the saviors death. So he just choses to not delve into it much probably.

Gary29
2014-11-05, 08:10
Or he doesn't want any backlash from Jesus supporters who would be outraged even more by the saviors death. So he just choses to not delve into it much probably.

Technically Jesus is already dead in Christianity, just in Heaven. And then you have the whole "God is all 3" theory... either way I doubt it's because of potential backlash, as you can't get any greater backlash from Christians if you say God is dead.

Amanomurakumo
2014-11-10, 18:01
Technically Jesus is already dead in Christianity, just in Heaven. And then you have the whole "God is all 3" theory... either way I doubt it's because of potential backlash, as you can't get any greater backlash from Christians if you say God is dead.

The Japanese seem to have absolutely no idea about Christian Doctrine.
(Unless they happen to be in the minority who are actual Christians)
That's why they put God on the same level as a Shinto deities, or Norse/Greek gods. Also why battle nuns and priests using magic appear in manga and ln.
They seem to not understand the concept of God being an omnipotent and omnipresent being who can't even be observer, let alone fought and slain in battle. It'd be like trying to observe the entire universe, a scale so large as to be incomprehensible. Then there's Toaru Majutsu no Index's "One Above God"
concept that is as impossible as counting higher than infinity. How can you become more powerful than all-powerful? Why would you even want to?

Date A Live uses concepts of Kabbalah, which is a heretical teaching according to the church, anyway.
You get people saying everything is the work of the devil, no matter what you do, especially anything with magic in it.

Pierre
2014-11-15, 13:52
^I am sorry but I find the trinity argument to be total nonsense (I always thought it was a half assed way to deify Christ or explain how he can be the son of God when technically all humans are the children of God), and I never see Jesus as anything more than the Son of God of if that. God in the old testament is not Jesus, its the father or whatever else you want to call him/ it. So I never viewed it as it being Jesus who died in in DxD.

That being said I do think God and Lucifer dying could be a wily batman gambit. Tired of the fighting either God of both fake/s their/his death/s which ultimately leads to a truce and cease fire among the 3 major groups. And then at the end of the series, it turns out that Breast God was God all along.

@Amanomura, Kabbalah has absolutely nothing to do with Christianity. Kabbalah is a branch of Judaism. Its basically a higher level philosophical and mystic branch that deals with spiritual issues. Also its not something Britney spear or Madannoa can practice. That was a joke. Its basically only something the most learned Rabbis of the day practiced because it basically required absolute mastery of all the other teachings.

Personally I don't think anyone should or does care about portrayal of Christianity or any other religion in fantasy manga or anime works at this point. Hell I imagine even a lot of the Shinto references are probably altered from the truest form of the belief. Who cares, you are watching/reading DxD to see the rise of the harem king, that in and of itself should turn off anyone who would get offended by a fictional form of their religion.

GrrDraxin
2014-11-29, 01:25
For a change in topic; What if Ravel (if she is okay), and Kunou were to train to get stronger, what kind of training do you think they would have to undergo, and under whom would they train to sharpen their strengths and blunt their weaknesses?

DOmus
2014-11-29, 01:48
For a change in topic; What if Ravel (if she is okay), and Kunou were to train to get stronger, what kind of training do you think they would have to undergo, and under whom would they train to sharpen their strengths and blunt their weaknesses?

Ravel: more fire for her arsonist soul (pyrokinetic crontol)- training with her dad or brothers
Kunou: unleashing her inner kurama :heh: (using more her youkai roots)- training with first, her mom or koneko

Tbolt
2014-11-29, 02:08
Kunou is way too young to be doing any type of training she is just in elementary school, we have already seen her foxfire and it was about the size of a baseball.

GrrDraxin
2014-11-29, 13:05
Kunou is way too young to be doing any type of training she is just in elementary school, we have already seen her foxfire and it was about the size of a baseball.Yes, and is just about as effective as a koosh ball. And you're never too young to do some training. It's just a more concentrated, specialized version of Physical Ed. in school anyway, No reason she couldn't do it. Though I don't recommend the 'run for your life from a dragon on a mountain' training, like Ise did for his main training. But that COULD come later for both those girls should they decide they want to do some hard and fast training, it would just be against ice, water, and maybe some other type of dragon or other beasts. Kunou might be able to learn some senjutsu too.

kikix
2014-11-29, 20:04
Why is Kunou too young?! The earlier she will start, the stronger she will get.

Look at Millicas. He actually sparred against Issei AND Kiba together, despite being few years old apparently. And he did very well to boot.

PS: I don't really think the Japanese don't understand Christianity. It's just that an omnipotent and omnipresent god is not really good for storytelling. Also...what makes you believe that you are being "told the truth"?! Maybe the god just wants you to think that he is omnipotent and omnipresent but he isn't?! That's the kind of story elements that CAN make a story. It's fiction all the way, clear as day. It's supposed to be entertaining, not to represent the reality as seen by the respective people (as there would be NO other gods otherwise...so there's no point in saying that there's a problem for the Christian god to be compared to gods of other religions...).

Tbolt
2014-11-29, 22:22
It was already stated Millicas was the exception with his POD, and his status in the Gremory clan if you take that into account compared to Kunou and the life she lives. And it would be up to her mother to give permission for training to be given. Just look at her pictures.

DOmus
2014-11-29, 22:30
Yeah thats BS, if a kid wants to practise, let him/her do it, the fact that they are kids does not mean they have to sit in a corner until they grow up

kusabireika
2014-11-30, 02:16
Yeah thats BS, if a kid wants to practise, let him/her do it, the fact that they are kids does not mean they have to sit in a corner until they grow up

Yes I hope Kunou become stronger ....
http://eemoticons.net/Upload/Kanade Avatar/Kanade 035.jpg

Still I'm worried on phenex siblings, I hope tiamat save them :T_T:
http://eemoticons.net/Upload/Kanade Avatar/Kanade 045.jpg

B214
2014-11-30, 03:12
So you guys are expecting Kunou to be able to keep up with Ise, no the DxD team's training? There's no way right. So if Kunou wants to do training, unfortunately, she'll have to do it herself, otherwise she'll end up holding DxD's training. But letting her practice alone would be too dangerous. In the end, all Kunou can do now is nothing, unlike Milicas, she has no one to guide her after all. Milicas has his grandma and his daddy's servant to help tutor him.

kusabireika
2014-11-30, 03:18
So you guys are expecting Kunou to be able to keep up with Ise, no the DxD team's training? There's no way right. So if Kunou wants to do training, unfortunately, she'll have to do it herself, otherwise she'll end up holding DxD's training. But letting her practice alone would be too dangerous. In the end, all Kunou can do now is nothing, unlike Milicas, she has no one to guide her after all. Milicas has his grandma and his daddy's servant to help tutor him.

Unless the Yokai Queen ask sirzech to train her daughter, I guess Milicas can help Kunou in the training on the background... as a sign of good will of yokai and devils :heehee:
http://eemoticons.net/Upload/Kanade Avatar/Kanade 059.jpg

kikix
2014-11-30, 06:23
How did it end up with "Kunou would hold DxD training back" kind of discussion?! I'd like to remind you the post that begun this trail of topic:

As you can see, there's not even a single word on Issei OR DxD.

Milicas also didn't train with Kiba and Issei as an exception of any sort because he have power of destruction. He's an extremely talented youth, period. He sparred with them to test himself. They did intend to go easy on him originally, remember?!
Why I even mentioned him is simple. To prove that there is no such thing as "she's too young for training". The fact that Millicas have a lot of people around him to train him is...irrelevant. Not to mention, Kunou IS a princess of an entire mythology. Why wouldn't she have someone to train her?! She have the entire Youkai faction under her mother to help her...

Youkai are native to Japan. There's no reason for Yasaka to ask Sirzechs to train Kunou when she have plenty of her own people around to do that.

GrrDraxin
2014-11-30, 10:50
To add to kikix's point, if it's about specific teachers, I'd say of the current group, Koneko would be closest along with Kuroka because they were originally youkai before reincarnation. Also, looking back on just Ise's training, the very first round of training he did was just basic of the basics, and anybody aside from the top tier gods always benefit from training the basics into themselves. Only difference is how hard one drills those into themselves that make the difference.

If I recall, that first bout was about 2 weeks long when he was training for the first rating game with Raiser, and he improved by leaps and bounds just with that alone. You could even say that this period, and the result basically gave Rias the "ah-ha" moment that the idea of training herself and her peerage would result in getting stronger, instead of looking at it the way other nobles do by trading her pieces off for stronger ones.

Knowledge (tactics and strategy), strength (physical, mental, and emotional), and stamina (resilience) are the keys to victory, and Rias's battle with Raiser proved it. Then it came down to Ise's use of unique tactics and strategy that eventually won the day when he crashed the wedding party. Thus beginning Rias and her peerages' rapid rise to power.

So all it boils down to, is what kind of training one undergoes, and how hard they push themselves, and under who's supervision they use to learn creative ways to use their training to better themselves. Age is not a factor. In fact, I was actually surprised that Ravel didn't take part in the training that Ise put Raizer through, even though she herself could have benefited if she were to be doing some herself at that time. Granted, it likely would not have been being chased by dragons, but could have been things like jogging, obstacle courses, or just simply learning new ways of using fire from a fire dragon.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2014-11-30, 11:00
To add to kikix's point, if it's about specific teachers, I'd say of the current group, Koneko would be closest along with Kuroka because they were originally youkai before reincarnation. Also, looking back on just Ise's training, the very first round of training he did was just basic of the basics, and anybody aside from the top tier gods always benefit from training the basics into themselves. Only difference is how hard one drills those into themselves that make the difference.

If I recall, that first bout was about 2 weeks long when he was training for the first rating game with Raiser, and he improved by leaps and bounds just with that alone. You could even say that this period, and the result basically gave Rias the "ah-ha" moment that the idea of training herself and her peerage would result in getting stronger, instead of looking at it the way other nobles do by trading her pieces off for stronger ones.

Knowledge (tactics and strategy), strength (physical, mental, and emotional), and stamina (resilience) are the keys to victory, and Rias's battle with Raiser proved it. Then it came down to Ise's use of unique tactics and strategy that eventually won the day when he crashed the wedding party. Thus beginning Rias and her peerages' rapid rise to power.

So all it boils down to, is what kind of training one undergoes, and how hard they push themselves, and under who's supervision they use to learn creative ways to use their training to better themselves. Age is not a factor. In fact, I was actually surprised that Ravel didn't take part in the training that Ise put Raizer through, even though she herself could have benefited if she were to be doing some herself at that time. Granted, it likely would not have been being chased by dragons, but could have been things like jogging, obstacle courses, or just simply learning new ways of using fire from a fire dragon.

Lets keep in mind that Ravel's role is managing issei DxD wont use her in battle unless they absolutely have to and even then she hasnt played a massive role as a fighter.

Lets also keep in mind that most of Rias's major battles up until issei got BB and even then they've basically been bailed out by things they couldnt control.
Vol 2. Against raiser the Holy water saved issei from being flattened by Raiser.
Vol 3 Kokabiel would've destroyed everything if Vali hadnt showed up.
vol 5 Kuroka really didnt wanna fight and she would've given them problems. And really Sona proved that the team itself is quite weak if you take out issei. (doesnt help that Sona is weak in her own right)
Vol 6. okay Diodora was good work but even then Shalba basically got smashed by Juggernaut drive which we know wasnt intentional.
Vol 7. Loki was owning him and Vali and the breast fairy saved it
vol 9. Breast fairy saved them again that

The rise to fame is mostly based off of flukes and the Rise to fame is pretty much issei's infamous power.

saw2097
2014-11-30, 15:11
Lets keep in mind that Ravel's role is managing issei DxD wont use her in battle unless they absolutely have to and even then she hasnt played a massive role as a fighter.

Lets also keep in mind that most of Rias's major battles up until issei got BB and even then they've basically been bailed out by things they couldnt control.
Vol 2. Against raiser the Holy water saved issei from being flattened by Raiser.
Vol 3 Kokabiel would've destroyed everything if Vali hadnt showed up.
vol 5 Kuroka really didnt wanna fight and she would've given them problems. And really Sona proved that the team itself is quite weak if you take out issei. (doesnt help that Sona is weak in her own right)
Vol 6. okay Diodora was good work but even then Shalba basically got smashed by Juggernaut drive which we know wasnt intentional.
Vol 7. Loki was owning him and Vali and the breast fairy saved it
vol 9. Breast fairy saved them again that

The rise to fame is mostly based off of flukes and the Rise to fame is pretty much issei's infamous power.

Agree with all but the holy water in Raiser fight, that is just coming to the battle prepared and planning ahead, a normal part of battle.

As for the rest, I believe its been remarked several times that Ise is the foundation of the team, without him the team wouldn't have gotten past the events of volume 2, and even if they did they would have all been killed during volume 3 (as Ise's actions are the reason they lasted as long as they did).

Ise is at the core of Team Gremory's rise to fame, so its that he is a pervert and his ability to attract power that really saved them and got them this far rather than just flukes.

Gary29
2014-11-30, 16:16
Adding to what saw said, in volume 3 Ddraig did state he'd take over Ise's body to defeat Kokabiel if absolutely necessary. Whether that referred to Juggernaut Drive or Balance Breaker, I don't remember, but I'd assume the former. In volume 5, there was nothing to show that Kuroka didn't want to fight. She just couldn't do anything against Balance Breaker Ise. And JD vs Shalba was absolutely intentional, he had extreme killing intent then and that's what activates it. Lastly, Kyoto had nothing to do with Chichigami, that was all Elsha/Belzard/Switch-Princess.

But aside from that, as was already stated, Ise is the foundation of the Gremory group and the core of their rapid rise to fame.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2014-11-30, 16:58
Agree with all but the holy water in Raiser fight, that is just coming to the battle prepared and planning ahead, a normal part of battle.

As for the rest, I believe its been remarked several times that Ise is the foundation of the team, without him the team wouldn't have gotten past the events of volume 2, and even if they did they would have all been killed during volume 3 (as Ise's actions are the reason they lasted as long as they did).

Ise is at the core of Team Gremory's rise to fame, so its that he is a pervert and his ability to attract power that really saved them and got them this far rather than just flukes.

Adding to what saw said, in volume 3 Ddraig did state he'd take over Ise's body to defeat Kokabiel if absolutely necessary. Whether that referred to Juggernaut Drive or Balance Breaker, I don't remember, but I'd assume the former. In volume 5, there was nothing to show that Kuroka didn't want to fight. She just couldn't do anything against Balance Breaker Ise. And JD vs Shalba was absolutely intentional, he had extreme killing intent then and that's what activates it. Lastly, Kyoto had nothing to do with Chichigami, that was all Elsha/Belzard/Switch-Princess.

But aside from that, as was already stated, Ise is the foundation of the Gremory group and the core of their rapid rise to fame.

I admitted that Raiser was him being clever and im well aware of the whole fact that issei is the leader of the group. There's no way you can convince me that issei new about JD or intentionally did that. JD is like the Nine tails cloak from naruto they dont control that and i doubt issei did that on purpose because even Albion didnt want vali to use it so i doubt Ddraig would've told issei to do so

Gary29
2014-11-30, 17:15
I admitted that Raiser was him being clever and im well aware of the whole fact that issei is the leader of the group. There's no way you can convince me that issei new about JD or intentionally did that. JD is like the Nine tails cloak from naruto they dont control that and i doubt issei did that on purpose because even Albion didnt want vali to use it so i doubt Ddraig would've told issei to do so

It wasn't intentional as in a conscious decision, but it was indirectly intentional because Ise let his emotions of hatred and rage take over and bring forth Juggernaut Drive. If you can't agree on that, then his going against the temptation of JD in volume 10 makes no sense.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2014-11-30, 19:02
It wasn't intentional as in a conscious decision, but it was indirectly intentional because Ise let his emotions of hatred and rage take over and bring forth Juggernaut Drive. If you can't agree on that, then his going against the temptation of JD in volume 10 makes no sense.

Actually it makes perfect sense in this way. After it happened Issei was told about JD and how dangerous it is as a result he didnt want to do that. After all i believe it was azazel who mentioned that JD will shorten his lifespan rather severely and issei of course wouldnt want that plus no matter how much power it would gain him issei would hate as much as anything to hurt his friends in exchange for power.

GrrDraxin
2014-11-30, 19:45
Getting back on the topic in question, as it's strayed back into Ise's ball park, could it be agreed or disagreed that Ravel and Kunou could benefit greatly from training? (Though i'm sure they could also enjoy a "different" kind of training, if you know what I mean. And if you don't know, then you haven't spent much time around girls unrelated to you in your youth.)

ImperialFlameGod8190
2014-11-30, 19:50
Getting back on the topic in question, as it's strayed back into Ise's ball park, could it be agreed or disagreed that Ravel and Kunou could benefit greatly from training? (Though i'm sure they could also enjoy a "different" kind of training, if you know what I mean.)

Draxin i would happen to disagree only because of the fact that training would suggest that either of them would have a battling role. Ravel as i said earlier is pretty much become issei's manager and she wont fight anybody so her training is relatively useless now if she were to ask to battle thats a different story. Kunou is very much the same story. I'm pretty sure she's only there to observe the outside world and as an envoy of the youkai in kyoto so the chances of her fighting are slim.

As for the other type of training Ravel already seems rather willing so it would be interesting to see if she wants the training. As for Kunou for now lets wait and see on what role she will play. (not that kind of role :p)

Direwolf18
2014-11-30, 20:23
Draxin i would happen to disagree only because of the fact that training would suggest that either of them would have a battling role. Ravel as i said earlier is pretty much become issei's manager and she wont fight anybody so her training is relatively useless now if she were to ask to battle thats a different story. Kunou is very much the same story. I'm pretty sure she's only there to observe the outside world and as an envoy of the youkai in kyoto so the chances of her fighting are slim.

As for the other type of training Ravel already seems rather willing so it would be interesting to see if she wants the training. As for Kunou for now lets wait and see on what role she will play. (not that kind of role :p)

Well Ravel fought against Belial, and got herself "killed". I know the likelihood of her being actually dead is negligibly small but still. Plus the time she was kidnapped. Plus the fact that as Ise's future Bishop she will need to participate inside the rating games. She wont be able to hang out behind Ise and just give him advice for every fight. I know she did EXACTLY that when she was part of Raiser's peerage, but Raiser wasn't going places, not like Ise will.

I very much agree Kunou is going to be kept back as far from the front lines as possible, but I also think training isn't a bad idea either. She doesn't need to go into the hardcore training like the kind Ise, Kiba, or Vali do. But she probably shouldn't spend her time watching TV while they train eating candy. That crap is bad for your teeth.

kusabireika
2014-11-30, 21:13
Well Ravel fought against Belial, and got herself "killed". I know the likelihood of her being actually dead is negligibly small but still. Plus the time she was kidnapped. Plus the fact that as Ise's future Bishop she will need to participate inside the rating games. She wont be able to hang out behind Ise and just give him advice for every fight. I know she did EXACTLY that when she was part of Raiser's peerage, but Raiser wasn't going places, not like Ise will.

I very much agree Kunou is going to be kept back as far from the front lines as possible, but I also think training isn't a bad idea either. She doesn't need to go into the hardcore training like the kind Ise, Kiba, or Vali do. But she probably shouldn't spend her time watching TV while they train eating candy. That crap is bad for your teeth.

but for me for having close to a certain dragon or longinus user might affect their growth in the weird way like uhm team dxd, maybe this what yasaka in mind, if someone kunou near issei she might gain something that boost her growth without her knowing ^_^
http://eemoticons.net/Upload/Kanade Avatar/Kanade 023.jpg

Direwolf18
2014-11-30, 21:18
but for me for having close to a certain dragon or longinus user might affect their growth in the weird way like uhm team dxd, maybe this what yasaka in mind, if someone kunou near issei she might gain something that boost her growth without her knowing ^_^
http://eemoticons.net/Upload/Kanade Avatar/Kanade 023.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if Yasaka is intentionally hitting a buncha birds with a single stone.

kusabireika
2014-11-30, 21:24
I wouldn't be surprised if Yasaka is intentionally hitting a buncha birds with a single stone.

yup that's why we can see it outside the box, Maybe that is yasaka intention, Like you said there might be the motive with additional getting points on issei + having his protection coz he is the strongest bodyguard you might get 0_0
http://eemoticons.net/Upload/Kanade Avatar/Kanade 033.jpg

so unless the author doesnt reveal it we might know what is yasaka intention of putting kunou on issei's care, we can only speculate on it but that is that I think :nod:
http://eemoticons.net/Upload/Kanade Avatar/Kanade 048.jpg

Direwolf18
2014-11-30, 21:38
Not only does it make Kunou really happy, but she isn't that far away (still in Japan a train ride away), plus she has an excellent body guard to protect her, plus he has all sorts of unexpected growth of those around him going on, plus major diplomatic points. Not only is Kunou meeting members of other races, but she is going to be on good terms with all sorts of influential people in other factions. I'm sure there are a couple more points I missed.

kusabireika
2014-11-30, 21:46
^True even though kunou is you know ..... if we analyze it on what are yasaka's intention and motive we might guess or speculate if we think deeply about it :nod:

jopjopjop
2014-11-30, 21:55
yup that's why we can see it outside the box, Maybe that is yasaka intention, Like you said there might be the motive with additional getting points on issei + having his protection coz he is the strongest bodyguard you might get 0_0

so unless the author doesnt reveal it we might know what is yasaka intention of putting kunou on issei's care, we can only speculate on it but that is that I think :nod:
http://eemoticons.net/Upload/Kanade Avatar/Kanade 048.jpg

Yasaka wants Kunou to be Issei's bitch (female fox not dog, but still ... part of the family). True story.

kusabireika
2014-11-30, 22:13
Yasaka wants Kunou to be Issei's bitch (female fox not dog, but still ... part of the family). True story.

okay.... ^^?
http://eemoticons.net/Upload/Kanade Avatar/Kanade 034.jpg

ImperialFlameGod8190
2014-11-30, 22:39
Ill be frank most of what you guys have said are speculation at best amusing as it is

kusabireika
2014-11-30, 22:44
Ill be frank most of what you guys have said are speculation at best amusing as it is

yup ^^V that we do while waiting for patiently translation ^_^
http://eemoticons.net/Upload/Kanade Avatar/Kanade 028.jpg

jopjopjop
2014-11-30, 22:49

Mine isn't. :P

LowCholesterol
2014-11-30, 22:55
hmm, i wonder what will happen if Siegfred is the one who joining Vali team and Arthur staying on Hero Faction

ImperialFlameGod8190
2014-11-30, 23:00
Mine isn't. :P

prove its nothing more then simple speculation

jopjopjop
2014-11-30, 23:22
prove its nothing more then simple speculation

I have my sources, including a digital copy of Volume 19 that I try to "read" though in a snail's pace. (I've finished two parts (Rudra and Top Secret) and in the process of completing another (Afterword).)

ImperialFlameGod8190
2014-11-30, 23:30
I have my sources, including a digital copy of Volume 19 that I try to "read" though in a snail's pace. (I've finished two parts (Rudra and Top Secret) and in the process of completing another (Afterword).)

until we have actual proof and not just your sources i'll consider it speculation and i'll leave it at that.

jopjopjop
2014-11-30, 23:42
until we have actual proof and not just your sources i'll consider it speculation and i'll leave it at that.

Sure thing. Like I care. :D

Chris38
2014-12-01, 00:08
hmm, i wonder what will happen if Siegfred is the one who joining Vali team and Arthur staying on Hero Faction

Well, something like that would be enough to have a quite huge change in the story.

After all:

- Kiba would be a lot weaker then he currently is, due to the fact that he wouldn't be capable of obtaining Siegfred's demonic swords.

- Xenovia's Ex-Durandal would still be in a incomplete state, due to the fact that I don't think that Arthur would give her Excalibur Ruller if he was still with the Hero Faction.

- Le Fay would be unable to become Ise's Magician, due to the fact that she would be a member of the Hero's Faction as well - since from what I remember it was implied that the only reason why she joined Vali's group is to be with her brother.

- Vali's team would have a lot poorer diet , due to the fact that they wouldn't have any member that is capable of cooking some food :p

- Finally who can say how the confrontation in volume 12 would look like if during the 'meeting' with Ajuka the Gremory team - Ise would have to confront Arthur and ... Le Fay :uhoh: :twitch: instead of Siegfred...

kikix
2014-12-01, 14:01
There are reasons for both Ravel and Kunou to train, even if they are not meant to fight.

Ravel wants to be in Issei's harem (she can't be clearer about that other than by saying that directly). Since Issei is the owner of Boosted Gear he will draw strong opponents like magnet for his entire life. If Ravel wouldn't get stronger, she'd just be a useless obstacle "damsel in distress" sort of person. She noticed it herself when she was kidnapped, unable to do anything.
Then there is the mentioned fact that she intends to be Issei's bishop. You can't compare it to her being Risers bishop, as she was his bishop only for the sake of him having the "little sister" type in his peerage (she had no function). She never fought just because there was no enemy that Riser would fight that could overcome his immortality. In Issei's case, she wants to be the bishop and she wants to be helpful to him. She's smart enough to know that by getting stronger she would be more helpful.

Kunou...well, what do you expect?! She's going to be the next leader of the youkai faction. How does that not scream "I need to be strong"?! Yasaka is strong for a reason. A weak leader is just a hindrance for the faction. Can you imaging Odin being a weakling that couldn't survive a second against any of the Valkyries protecting him?! He'd be assassinated on the spot. Kunou needs to grow strong to be able to protect herself when she will inherit the position from her mother. Depending on bodyguards is good and all, but if she CAN get helluva strong...why would she NOT do it?!

GrrDraxin
2014-12-01, 15:58
Well spoken, kikix. All valid points. Ise does want a battle harem, not just a battle peerage. If everyone around him knows how to put up a good fight, all the better they can at least hold out till he can help them, or until they can win the fight with their own strength.

Tbolt
2014-12-01, 19:06
Well spoken, kikix. All valid points. Ise does want a battle harem, not just a battle peerage. If everyone around him knows how to put up a good fight, all the better they can at least hold out till he can help them, or until they can win the fight with their own strength.

Everything you said is what a lot of people here have cried and whined about for as long as I can remember saying the problem with Rias's team is that everyone is weak and rely on Ise too much. And now you are saying that is a plus for Ise's team, sorry I'm going to have to call bull shit on that logic.

LowCholesterol
2014-12-01, 19:11
Well, something like that would be enough to have a quite huge change in the story.

After all:

- Kiba would be a lot weaker then he currently is, due to the fact that he wouldn't be capable of obtaining Siegfred's demonic swords.

- Xenovia's Ex-Durandal would still be in a incomplete state, due to the fact that I don't think that Arthur would give her Excalibur Ruller if he was still with the Hero Faction.

- Le Fay would be unable to become Ise's Magician, due to the fact that she would be a member of the Hero's Faction as well - since from what I remember it was implied that the only reason why she joined Vali's group is to be with her brother.

- Vali's team would have a lot poorer diet , due to the fact that they wouldn't have any member that is capable of cooking some food :p

- Finally who can say how the confrontation in volume 12 would look like if during the 'meeting' with Ajuka the Gremory team - Ise would have to confront Arthur and ... Le Fay :uhoh: :twitch: instead of Siegfred...

hmhm, you're right. and will this happen?

- No Fenrir on Vali Team
- Kiba Dies (Arthur not affected by Ascalon dragon slayer aura)

Gary29
2014-12-01, 19:28
Everything you said is what a lot of people here have cried and whined about for as long as I can remember saying the problem with Rias's team is that everyone is weak and rely on Ise too much. And now you are saying that is a plus for Ise's team, sorry I'm going to have to call bull shit on that logic.

I agree that Ise's team shouldn't rely on Ise to the extent that they can't handle most enemies by themselves (Gods excluded, obviously), but I believe Draxin was only stating that it would be better for them to at least be strong enough to hold off the opponent until Ise can help than to not even be able to do that, not actually supporting that idea.

Now, regarding Rias' current team, I don't think that they rely on Ise too much...

...as they are capable of taking down two of the three mass-produced Grendel, which, even though they are a lot weaker than the original, is still a big accomplishment...

...but he's definitely the go-to guy for any opponent above their power level (which is most of the opponents left now :heh:)

I actually expect Ise's team to become even more powerful than Rias', as he has an opportunity to get some really powerful peerage members (and will definitely need them, if they're gonna be fighting Shiva next - as the more people who can protect everyone, the safer it is) and, with his rigorous daily training, they can't be anything but strong.

Referring to the other topic going on, was it ever mentioned that Le Fay was a part of the Hero-Faction as well (since Arthur originally was, and she followed him)?

LowCholesterol
2014-12-01, 20:13
two of three? who is taking down the other one Gary?

and about le fay, i guess she wasn't joining the hero faction. if she join the hero faction before the Vali team, maybe Georg would hate her, seeing his rival leaving the group ( same as Siegfred hate Arthur because of his action to leave hero faction )

jopjopjop
2014-12-01, 21:21
two of three? who is taking down the other one Gary?

Vs. Kiba, Akeno, Rose. Finished by Kiba.
Vs. Koneko, Gasper, Rias
Toyed with by Cao Cao. Finished by Akeno and Rose.

Tbolt
2014-12-01, 21:25
Thanks jop, well you know Grendel v Koneko was a miss match from the start.

LowCholesterol
2014-12-01, 21:26
Vs. Kiba, Akeno, Rose. Finished by Kiba.
Vs. Koneko
Toyed with by Cao Cao. Finished by Akeno and Rose.

i'm not surprised with Grendel A & C, Kiba has Ultimate Dragon slayer (even the holy grail enchance the grendel weakness) and Cao-Cao was the ultimate technique

but the Grendel B defeated by Koneko alone? are her using the Busty Nekomata mode?

jopjopjop
2014-12-01, 21:42
Correction: Grendel A = Koneko + Gasper +Rias; Grendel B = Kiba, Akeno, Rose.
Sorry about that. :heh:

i'm not surprised with Grendel A & C, Kiba has Ultimate Dragon slayer (even the holy grail enchance the grendel weakness) and Cao-Cao was the ultimate technique

but the Grendel B defeated by Koneko alone? are her using the Busty Nekomata mode?

Koneko used Shirone Mode.

Biohazardous
2014-12-05, 14:32
I don't think Ria's team will stay "weak" in needing Ise. Remember he is getting strong to protect him and they also want to be strong to protect and help him. They also need to be strong to be able to fight off women that want him. His death has had a huge impact on everything. He could die again with them at fault if they are so weak he has to help them. He can only drag who he is fighting to who they are fighting so much and survive. It would kill them to know his death was a direct result of their own weakness. Just like it would kill him to lose any of them because he was to weak to protect them.

jopjopjop
2014-12-10, 12:30
Chapter 5 of SlashDog is already out and the speculation (http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=5301068&postcount=128) about a character in it being the possessor of Absolute Demise is getting stronger. :D

jopjopjop
2015-01-09, 06:25
Started reading the latest chapter for SlashDog and another character for DxD appeared: Walburga.

Not a surprise because of the last chapter for it and in Volume 19
both know each other.

But the interesting part is she's not yet the possessor of Incinerate Anthem. There's another purple-robed woman with her.

Murakami Kai
2015-01-11, 12:41
Favorite non main character would be the otaku guy who argued with Issei about that one manga series with a name based on Dragon Ball.

LowCholesterol
2015-01-13, 11:00
Favorite non main character would be the otaku guy who argued with Issei about that one manga series with a name based on Dragon Ball.

do you mean Morisawa? my favorite non main character was the Occhan. He was the one who make Ise to be a pervert

Candyman5OS
2015-01-13, 19:33
So anyone think now with the event of Volume 19 spoiler (The one when a certain character summons a devil) think that Matsuda and Motohama may summon Issei one time. I would have to laugh about it. :heh:

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-01-13, 20:14
So anyone think now with the event of Volume 19 spoiler (The one when a certain character summons a devil) think that Matsuda and Motohama may summon Issei one time. I would have to laugh about it. :heh:

well the fact is that character summoning a devil would be more problematic but hey u deal with what u gotta. Because they'll say "Guys guess what issei is a devil" and everyones reaction wont matter because the school thinks he's a devil anyway (devil in the sense they've corrupted the school beauties)

Biohazardous
2015-01-14, 17:00
well the fact is that character summoning a devil would be more problematic but hey u deal with what u gotta. Because they'll say "Guys guess what issei is a devil" and everyones reaction wont matter because the school thinks he's a devil anyway (devil in the sense they've corrupted the school beauties)

I agree with this.

Armando99
2015-01-17, 06:26

Why would two perverted teens summon another perverted teen of the same sex?
Won't they summon someone else? I would

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-01-17, 06:52
Why would two perverted teens summon another perverted teen of the same sex?
Won't they summon someone else? I would

well no thats not how it works as i understand it if Matsuda and Motohama got a devil seal they'd try to summon one but they couldnt control who they summon. Plus Matsuda and Motohama dont technically know issei is a devil they think he is for stealing all the hot girls but they dont know he's actually one

Superbia
2015-01-17, 11:30
well no thats not how it works as i understand it if Matsuda and Motohama got a devil seal they'd try to summon one but they couldnt control who they summon. Plus Matsuda and Motohama dont technically know issei is a devil they think he is for stealing all the hot girls but they dont know he's actually one

There is some level of control to who you summon, even if it's unknowingly. Rias said thats why Issei managed to summon her in the first volume when normally you'd summon one of her servants.

If they wished hard enough for the ability to be as popular with girls as Issei is, Issei could probably end up being the one summoned, since he's the one they'd use as the basis for popularity with women.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-01-17, 11:44
There is some level of control to who you summon, even if it's unknowingly. Rias said thats why Issei managed to summon her in the first volume when normally you'd summon one of her servants.

If they wished hard enough for the ability to be as popular with girls as Issei is, Issei could probably end up being the one summoned, since he's the one they'd use as the basis for popularity with women.

Heh they could do issei because matsuda and motohama already think he's te devil or they could do Kiba since he's popular with girls at their school and matsuda and motohama would want that

jopjopjop
2015-01-18, 09:49
A short story will be included in the March issue of Dragon Magazine and it will be about the Pendragon siblings.

LowCholesterol
2015-01-18, 10:31
^ that's a good news, will we have arthur illustration on the story cover?

btw i hope Arthur is a siscon

jopjopjop
2015-01-23, 17:48
There is no new illustration for the newest SS. :( They reused the picture of Le Fay and FenrirJohn.

Ravagerblade
2015-01-29, 21:18
Well, I don't know if it's been discussed but, If there was one character to come but from the dead is the one and only Raynare.
As much as she caused trouble for Issei and Asia I think what she did brought the main characters together, she became the catalyst, imo, for Issei to be introduced to becoming a devil. He would probably still be hanging with the other idiots, although with his Sacred Gear being involved within the three faction and others might have been inevitable.
Plus I'm a sucker with some redemption stories/characters (atoning, mostly).

Yes Issei getting over her and moving on from the past is good for his character development and growth.

Sorry once more but indulge me in asking; but As much as Raynare acted/treated Issei did she perhaps actually have some feelings for him? I ask because (from the anime scene at least) when she was talking to Issei and co, she transformed into her human looking character and she had the item Issei got, is that evidence or is it nothing special just a plea to save her life and looking for sympathy?

aw454wtr
2015-01-29, 22:05
Well, I don't know if it's been discussed but, If there was one character to come but from the dead is the one and only Raynare.
As much as she caused trouble for Issei and Asia I think what she did brought the main characters together, she became the catalyst, imo, for Issei to be introduced to becoming a devil. He would probably still be hanging with the other idiots, although with his Sacred Gear being involved within the three faction and others might have been inevitable.
Plus I'm a sucker with some redemption stories/characters (atoning, mostly).

Yes Issei getting over her and moving on from the past is good for his character development and growth.

Sorry once more but indulge me in asking; but As much as Raynare acted/treated Issei did she perhaps actually have some feelings for him? I ask because (from the anime scene at least) when she was talking to Issei and co, she transformed into her human looking character and she had the item Issei got, is that evidence or is it nothing special just a plea to save her life and looking for sympathy?

just a plea to save her life and looking for sympathy is the only reason she acted that way, if she were to come back to life, Ise and/or Xenovia would destroy her for asia sake

Ravagerblade
2015-02-02, 16:53
Hmm does anybody else think it's a little unnatural for Cao Cao to have beaten everybody so damn easily (Volume 11), especially for a human that it's borderline Author's plot armor or w/e.
Even if he had the spear.

DOmus
2015-02-02, 17:15
Hmm does anybody else think it's a little unnatural for Cao Cao to have beaten everybody so damn easily (Volume 11), especially for a human that it's borderline Author's plot armor or w/e.

U would not expect to have a character named Cao Cao to be weak(even in rencarnation), imo

Ravagerblade
2015-02-02, 17:26
U would not expect to have a character named Cao Cao to be weak(even in rencarnation), imo

Ah so his power comes from being a descendant of a military genius? lols Seems like an asspull but then you'd just have to play the genetics card. :twitch: :uhoh: :(

Superbia
2015-02-02, 18:48

The fight would have probably gone very differently if Cao Cao hadn't hidden so many of his abilities from them. Issei, Kuroka, and Azazel probably wouldn't have been taken out so easily if they had known about his abilities to teleport people and redirect attacks, or that he had a Medusa's eye. That's why Issei could manage to fight him by himself once he knew most of his abilities. And Vali would have been able to win against him if Samael hadn't taken him out.

Direwolf18
2015-02-03, 14:24
Even Cao Cao admits if he were to fight Azazeal again he would get his ass kicked. He is very much dependent on surprise and incredible powerful attack and less drag em out fights. Once his enemies know his tricks he is a lot less dangerouse.

ImperialFlameGod8190
2015-02-03, 15:23
Even Cao Cao admits if he were to fight Azazeal again he would get his ass kicked. He is very much dependent on surprise and incredible powerful attack and less drag em out fights. Once his enemies know his tricks he is a lot less dangerouse.

thats because Azazel is also the type who can prepare a counter for anybody after seeing it im not sure how easy it would be for others

aw454wtr
2015-02-04, 01:58
now if cao cao was reincarnated as a devil, just how powerful could he be?

DragoMuseveni
2015-02-04, 06:45
I believe he will be already at ultimate class .

Ravagerblade
2015-02-04, 22:29
If we talk about growth of a character, couldn't a certain somebody who previously could not use what should have been rightfully his be able to attain it by being 'near' what I believe is a wealth of possibilities and grow?

hyuugalegacy
2015-02-05, 13:42
Just thinking, but if Cao cao was reincarnated as a devil, would true longinus extinguish him just for possessing it (holy hurts demons)?

Royalknightftw
2015-02-05, 14:59
Just thinking, but if Cao cao was reincarnated as a devil, would true longinus extinguish him just for possessing it (holy hurts demons)?

IMHO, No he wouldn't vaporize from his True Longinus. Durandal is a holy sword and Xenovia can still use it while being a demon, although it would probably be a different matter if they get cut or pierced by their own weapons.

Armando99
2015-02-05, 23:43
IMHO, No he wouldn't vaporize from his True Longinus. Durandal is a holy sword and Xenovia can still use it while being a demon, although it would probably be a different matter if they get cut or pierced by their own weapons.

But Durandal is not the most powerful Longinus created by God. Would he want this to fall into the hands of one of the enemies of His worshippers? I would not think so. Yes they are allies now but I still think the same still applies unless somehow Michael and Azasel (Grigori) can do something about it.

Biohazardous
2015-02-11, 15:45
They would modify it. Michael-Sama himself would arrange for it.

kikix
2015-02-12, 10:59
There's no reason to modify anything. Ascalon is a weak sword, yet it was modified for Issei so that he could safely meld it with a dragon sacred gear.
Durandal is one of the stronger holy swords, yet Xenovia can use it easily, even as far as using it's holy power as an attack.

The conclusion?! A holy weapon is not attacking its own user, no matter the circumstances. It's not like Gram that trims its users life in return for power. It's not like dragon-slayer weapons that exist to kill dragons. Holy weapons don't exist to kill devils. It's the devils that are weak to holy, not the holy that is made strong against devils. A user of the True Longinus could end up being hurt by his own attacks if he went ahead and made the holy power spread from the spear. He could be hurt by being pierced by it. He wouldn't be hurt by just using it.

There is nothing to suggest for it being dangerous, there are things that suggest for it to be safe. There is no reason to assume it would be dangerous.

aw454wtr
2015-02-12, 22:43
There's no reason to modify anything. Ascalon is a weak sword, yet it was modified for Issei so that he could safely meld it with a dragon sacred gear.
Durandal is one of the stronger holy swords, yet Xenovia can use it easily, even as far as using it's holy power as an attack.

The conclusion?! A holy weapon is not attacking its own user, no matter the circumstances. It's not like Gram that trims its users life in return for power. It's not like dragon-slayer weapons that exist to kill dragons. Holy weapons don't exist to kill devils. It's the devils that are weak to holy, not the holy that is made strong against devils. A user of the True Longinus could end up being hurt by his own attacks if he went ahead and made the holy power spread from the spear. He could be hurt by being pierced by it. He wouldn't be hurt by just using it.

There is nothing to suggest for it being dangerous, there are things that suggest for it to be safe. There is no reason to assume it would be dangerous.

Ascalon is not a weak sword, sure its weaker compared to ultimate swords, but its more powerful compared to generic holy swords

LowCholesterol
2015-02-13, 10:59
holy weapon will not hurt its owner (except the user stab, slash, cut theirself with it). look at xenovia when she's starting to be a devil, when she couldn't fully control the durandal. and she isn't hurt right?
then this would be same for cao-cao, i guess he could use the true longinus full potential. so no pain

holy weapon isn't like the demonic weapon which need some sacrifices to use them (mentioned by kiba after receiving gram)

kikix
2015-02-13, 12:40
Ascalon is not a weak sword, sure its weaker compared to ultimate swords, but its more powerful compared to generic holy swordsYou are comparing a generic holy sword and a named, as in, true, holy sword?! What's the point?!

Durandal is ways above Ascalon in holy power. And that's the most important part. Ascalons only saving grace, in comparison, is its dragon-slayer trait.

Of course it's going to be stronger than a generic sword. But how does that change anything in what I said?!

aw454wtr
2015-02-14, 03:09
You are comparing a generic holy sword and a named, as in, true, holy sword?! What's the point?!

Durandal is ways above Ascalon in holy power. And that's the most important part. Ascalons only saving grace, in comparison, is its dragon-slayer trait.

Of course it's going to be stronger than a generic sword. But how does that change anything in what I said?!

There are only a few ultimate swords in existance,, while there are tons of normal holy swords, the majority of holy swords in existence are normal ones, ascalon is more powerful than most holy swords

Its even shown to be stronger compared to dragon slayer holy demonic swords,

in vol 3 a single holy demonic sword is equal in power to four Excalibur fragments

B214
2015-02-14, 04:45
There are only a few ultimate swords in existance,, while there are tons of normal holy swords, the majority of holy swords in existence are normal ones, ascalon is more powerful than most holy swords

Its even shown to be stronger compared to dragon slayer holy demonic swords,

in vol 3 a single holy demonic sword is equal in power to four Excalibur fragments

There's a difference though. Sacred Gears can become stronger, Holy Swords can't. We don't know how much Kiba's Holy Demonic Sword has improve since.

kikix
2015-02-14, 05:02
Holy-demonic swords are a persons power. It's like comparing Ascalon to Twilight Healing.

The "produced" holy-demonic swords made by Heaven can't compare to Excalibur. They are weaker than Kiba's holy-demonic swords...which is, again, not an item but a power.

If you compare Ascalon to the holy swords made by Kiba or Jeanne...then I'm not sure what to say about that...Not to mention, you still didn't say whatever difference it would make in the context of my post.

n0m@n
2015-02-16, 06:30
A quick info:

Arthur Pendragon:
He originally left his house for two reasons. One is to seek strong foes. And second reason is due to his feelings for a woman called "Eline Westcott".
Eline is a maid (mainly as Le Fay's maid) who works at Arthur's family, House of Pendragon.
Her relative was one of the founder of "Golden Dawn" which makes her also a Magician. She also served as Le Fay's educator.
Though she's capable, she's still a maid. So Arthur being with her was unlikely to happen since his family will stop him for her not being worthy enough. Hence the reason he left his house since he doesnt see other woman besides Eline as a love interest.

So that makes Arthur the third confirmed male character after Ise and Saji to actually have a feeling for another girl (since others are unconfirmed or already married).
Though we dont have any illustration of Arthur yet.

jopjopjop
2015-02-16, 06:47
A quick info:

Arthur Pendragon:
He originally left his house for two reasons. One is to seek strong foes. And second reason is due to his feelings for a woman called "Eline Westcott".
Eline is a maid (mainly as Le Fay's maid) who works at Arthur's family, House of Pendragon.
Her relative was one of the founder of "Golden Dawn" which makes her also a Magician. She also served as Le Fay's educator.
Though she's capable, she's still a maid. So Arthur being with her was unlikely to happen since his family will stop him for her not being worthy enough. Hence the reason he left his house since he doesnt see other woman besides Eline as a love interest.

So that makes Arthur the third confirmed male character after Ise and Saji to actually have a feeling for another girl (since others are unconfirmed or already married).
Though we dont have any illustration of Arthur yet.

Don't forget good ol' John!

Quick questions if you don't mind

Is it Eline or Elaine?
For the title, is "Maid of the House of Pendragon" an appropriate translation for it?

n0m@n
2015-02-16, 07:04
Don't forget good ol' John!

Quick questions if you don't mind

Is it Eline or Elaine?
For the title, is "Maid of the House of Pendragon" an appropriate translation for it?

After looking through Arthurian legend, Elaine would be better.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elaine_%28legend%29

Yup. Maid of House of Pendragon sounds right.

DocBernax2814
2015-02-16, 20:18
n0m@a my friend................your face is scary.

Hi guys!! Long time no see, have being occupied as an ant with work.

Is good to see that this place is as lively as ever (no world war 3 here yet, thank god)

Let's see.................so Arthur is in love. Hope this time he has a happy ending. (He didn't have one in the legends if I remember correctly)

What else......................do we have info for volume 20 forward?

Lastly..............Jupiter Ascending is not worthy, Mila Kunis is as hot as ever and the FX is really cool, but that's it. Better wait for the Blockbuster bombardment in the summer.

DOmus
2015-02-16, 20:21
Lancelot incoming to make his usual NTR?????

jopjopjop
2015-02-16, 20:28
For more info regarding that SS, you can read the post and the comments on it here (http://highschooldxd.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Xhatefate/DxD_Updates~#comm-43067).

Direwolf18
2015-02-17, 06:16
Awesome thanks! This short story looks like it if going to be quite good.

And screw Lancelot he is a ntring traitor.

S.Freedom
2015-02-17, 13:11
Ya know I would not be surprised if the author went a similar route as F/SN and made Lancelot's heir a women a la Saber.

Just to see how everyone would react.:heh:

WingsoftheDragonix
2015-02-20, 04:36
Ya know I would not be surprised if the author went a similar route as F/SN and made Lancelot's heir a women a la Saber.

Just to see how everyone would react.:heh:

And she's in love with him.:heh:

But yeah, I can see the author take this route, and would be pretty funny/ironic if it really happens.

n0m@n
2015-02-20, 20:33
Lancelot is probably the character who was the most popular with the ladies from the King Arthur's legend:D. There was Guinevere, Morgan Le Fay, and Elaine.

But man. The name "Elaine" sure does appear in King Arthur's legend so often. Especially with Lancelot. Lancelot's mom's name is Elaine. And the princess he inpregenated is also called Elaine. ....So it does feel weird for Arthur's love interest to be called Elaine lol.

jopjopjop
2015-02-21, 02:21
Regardless of the greater connection of the name Elaine to Lancelot than Arthur, it's great to see another character in a relationship with another. :heh:

kusabireika
2015-02-21, 03:12
Regardless of the greater connection of the name Elaine to Lancelot than Arthur, it's great to see another character in a relationship with another. :heh:

uhm Arthur to Kiba ^^?
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/0kusabireika0/Kanade%20Emoticon/Kanade009_zps730b0b02.jpg

ontopic: uhm quick questions :T_T:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/0kusabireika0/Kanade%20Emoticon/Kanade007_zps1c5716d3.jpg

1. so who is stronger Elaine or Le Fay?

2. I wonder what will happen when Pendragon Head hears about Le Fay getting Goggmagog and Fenrir as Familiars and Sekiryuutei as Devil Familiar/Bodyguard :heehee:

jopjopjop
2015-02-21, 03:17
ontopic: uhm quick questions :T_T:

1. so who is stronger Elaine or Le Fay?

2. I wonder what will happen when Pendragon Head hears about Le Fay getting Goggmagog and Fenrir as Familiars and Sekiryuutei as Devil Familiar/Bodyguard :heehee:

1.) There's nothing to base on. Though Vali acknowledges Elaine's capability.
2.) Why would it not be okay? Everything are positives. BTW, Issei is not a familiar

kusabireika
2015-02-21, 03:22
1.) There's nothing to base on. Though Vali acknowledges Elaine's capability.
2.) Why would it not be okay? Everything are positives. BTW, Issei is not a familiar

Well uhm I got a feeling that Elaine will join either Team DxD or Vali's Group in the future .... to watch the siblings and her love interest this in turn will be the cause of Arthur weakness if the enemies know about this ....
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/0kusabireika0/Kanade%20Emoticon/Kanade006_zps56d322e6.jpg

@no. 2 my mistake err uhm her uhm Devil's Pact right ^^?
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/0kusabireika0/Kanade%20Emoticon/Kanade039_zps37d272c8.jpg

I wonder where is mil-tan .... I miss her :T_T:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/0kusabireika0/Kanade%20Emoticon/Kanade061_zpsfae4fce7.jpg

lastly any new characters in the short stories I hope it's ok to ask :T_T:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/0kusabireika0/Kanade%20Emoticon/Kanade003_zpsb0d60c94.jpg

Biohazardous
2015-02-22, 20:42
Yes they formed a pack. :)

The 48th Ronin
2015-02-22, 23:40
Any chances of new characters being introduced?

jopjopjop
2015-02-22, 23:57
Any chances of new characters being introduced?

In the main DxD, Elaine is the latest. If you'll count the whole universe (DxD + -SLASHD0G-), then there's 5-6 more characters.

2 of those were mentioned in the latest SS where Elaine appeared. (Cat and Eagle pertaining to Samejima and Natsume respectively; Ikuse Tobio's teammates)

The 48th Ronin
2015-02-23, 00:00
Haha, nice codenames. So Tobio is Dog, eh?

Are the new SS translated already?